The Bachelor 14 - Jake

News on Ali’s Fake Phone Call to Jake

On a formatting note, we’ve now broken up each of my columns into pages so you aren’t scrolling down one giant long page to read the column anymore. Might not be something you’re used to at first, but trust me, this is so much better. Don’t know why I didn’t think of this before. Well, I know why. Because I had no clue what I was doing.

The biggest news to deal with now is this phone call that Ali places to Jake in Monday’s episode wanting back on the show. Uh huh. Actually, I feel insulted that ABC would think I would buy that garbage they’re selling. Are you kidding me? There’s about a million things wrong with that clip they are currently previewing. Just on production value alone, it’s about as spliced and chopped up as anything they’ve ever done this side of Wes Hayden’s edit last season. How stupid do they think their audience is? I know a lot of you want Ali and Jake to end up together in the end, and thought they make a great couple, and are bummed she left the show, but I cannot stress this enough: this is the ABC hype machine in full force. In addition, you can rest assured that if Ali wasn’t under some ridiculous contract, that phone call never would’ve been placed. I think that phone call is a complete embarrassment for what it’s trying to portray her as. For those that haven’t seen it, here it is:

Geez, where do I begin? Ok first off, Jake is in his hotel bathroom in St. Lucia washing his face and hears the phone ring. As he walks towards the phone, which looks like it’s no more than 10 feet away from where he was in the bathroom, he has no watch on. But right when he turns the corner, he now has his watch on his left arm. Great editing you nimwits. So already we know the call is staged.

On Ali’s end, I don’t really understand exactly what they want us to believe here. That she’s actually back in San Francisco, yet laying in bed in a lavish Beverly Hills hotel room with a hotel robe on, or, that this woman actually sleeps with two 8 ½ x 11 glossy photos of Jake Pavelka on her nightstand? Which one is it? This video looks like something me and my best friend used to make back in high school where I’d play horseshoes with hats (Don’t worry about it. Long story). So the shot of Ali talking 1-on-1 with the camera with the Golden Gate Bridge in the background, that’s supposed to be real? Seriously? I’ve seen better fake backdrops at Disneyland when my niece takes a picture with Goofy.

This is without a doubt one of the worst acting jobs put on by both people in the history of this show. However, there’s a reason Ali made that phone call. She’s under contract. She was forced to. Sure, Ali had feelings for the guy when she left the show, and that phone call was placed shortly after she left the show (within a week or so), but that is not how this was all supposed to go down. Here is what my sources have recently told me about that bogus phone call:

-After Ali went back to work, the producers presented her with the idea for this phone call. Basically telling her, “Look, you’re gonna do this. And if you don’t, we’re going to make it seem a whole lot worse and we’ll pretty much say anything to Jake about you.” At this point, Ali still has feelings for the guy, still a little bitter she had to leave the show because of work, but she knew damn well she couldn’t come back on the show, because her work situation hadn’t changed. I know a lot of you are still doubting the whole “Facebook-called-her-back-so-she-had-to-leave” story, but I’m here to tell you it’s true.

-Ali had not been at Facebook long enough to warrant getting off any more time than she did. She used up all her vacation time to do the show. If she takes off any longer, then it becomes a permanent leave of absence and she’s out of a job. I think that’s pretty standard in any job. You’re allowed personal time off. Once you’ve used up all that personal time off (which Ali did), then you pretty much are risking your job by taking more time off on top of that. So that’s where the ultimatum came in. Either turn this into a permanent leave of absence and you’re out of a job when you get back, or, return to work. So she went back to work.

-The phone call was pre-produced, Ali was told to tell Jake she wanted him back, even though she knew she couldn’t go back on the show. It’s called a contract. She does what they tell her to do or else there are consequences. Ali was flown back to that LA hotel to make that phone call. Why the voice over in the preview has her saying she’s back in San Francisco thinking about Jake? I have no idea. Maybe when it plays out on TV, they’ll admit that Ali came back to LA at some point, but that promo clearly is insinuating that she’s back in San Francisco, thinking about Jake enough to keep bedside glossy photos of the guy, and that’s where she makes the call from. That’s obviously a hotel bed she’s in, along with the robe, phone, nightstand, and headboard. Good Lord this show makes me lose brain cells.

-One point tons of you are missing on this is where “Facebook” comes in to play. So many of you are saying “Facebook is loving the publicity its getting from this show. Of course they wouldn’t mind her being the ‘Bachelorette’.” Ummmm, not once has Ali mentioned on TV where she works, nor is she allowed to. She hasn’t said it on the show, you won’t hear her mention it on the “WTA” or when she does “Ellen” next week either. You will never hear the word “Facebook” uttered during this show. The only people who know she works at Facebook are about 1-2% of their viewing audience who follow message boards, tabloid mags, and blogs. That is not their core audience, you have to remember that. This shows core audience is middle aged housewives who live in fantasy land and think this is real. It’s not. The minute you stage a phone call and tell a girl to tell Jake “I want to come back” even though you know, she knows, and Jake knows that IT’S NOT POSSIBLE WHATSOEVER, then that’s where this show goes from being “reality TV” and becomes “unscripted drama”. Ali wasn’t given a script per se, but she was told what that phone call needed to be about. And Jake was well aware that phone call was happening. He was not caught off guard after washing his face and putting on his watch in world record time.

Would I be surprised if Jake wanted Ali back? No. Especially after hearing all this stuff come out about Vienna the last two months. I am being told Ali was very much into Jake, bummed that work presented her this ultimatum, was very upset she couldn’t see where this relationship could’ve gone, but that time has passed. They came to her within the last few weeks regarding being the “Bachelorette”, and of course she’s flattered. Who wouldn’t be? It’s pretty obvious she sees why she was told to make the phone call to Jake – it makes for good, dramatic television. The main point I tried to make in the interview last night is, you people have got to separate what happened during the October-November filming of all this against what has happened since then.

During filming, Jake is constantly telling the other girls, Chris Harrison, hell, anyone who’ll listen, “I’m not seeing the side of Vienna that you all are talking about.” So yes, she apparently had him fooled. But he made his choice of Vienna back on Nov. 22nd or 23rd. A lot has happened since that has probably clouded his judgment of her, as it should. He’s probably embarrassed that he’s gonna have to somehow defend her to the masses when no one understands his final decision. That’s why I said in the interview last night, when we see Jake and Vienna together (“together” meaning “on the same episode”) at the “ATFR”, I want him to confront her about everything that’s happened SINCE they left St. Lucia. If he doesn’t at least bring this up, than Jake Pavelka is truly the biggest puppet and weenie walking the face of the earth and he could not care less about finding a wife.

It should be an interesting ending to the season even though you’ve known what’s going to happen since January 6th. I’m talking more about the “WTA” and “ATFR” shows. Looks like Rozlyn is going to do the “WTA” after all. I’m sure I’ll get some info before that episode airs on Feb. 22nd. Just don’t know if I’ll have it before Tuesday’s recap. And we have plenty of time before the “ATFR” films, so I will see what I can get out of that. See you Tuesday unless something huge comes out of the “Women Tell All”, then I’ll have something for you Sunday. Monday will be traveling back to Texas most of the day. Emails, questions, comments, email me at steve@realitysteve.com. Have a great weekend…

1. Ibenjamin

February 11, 2010 at 4:39 PM

RS, you are awesome.

2. lemon-lime

February 11, 2010 at 4:40 PM

I had no idea facebook wasn’t being brought up on the show. I have to work Monday nights, so I can’t watch.
    I wonder what elodie, the grammar police, will say.
    I like this blog format much better. I’m usually viewing this site via a blackberry, so the new way is much easier (not as much scrolling)

3. Ryvetted

February 11, 2010 at 4:52 PM

Pretty sure they didn’t go all the way BACK to Los Angeles just to get the hotel shot. The Le Montrose is only 7 min away from the Beverly Wilshire..which is where the Rose Ceremony was.

4. Fyzt

February 11, 2010 at 4:58 PM

Nicely done. Great catch on the watch, I love to look for these inconsistencies myself. Horseshoes with hats? I think I might wanna hear this one in Vegas 😉

5. skottie2

February 11, 2010 at 5:26 PM

That was really painful to watch…how embarassing! (and Jake’s shorts were different when he answered the phone, too!!)

6. NatalieR

February 11, 2010 at 5:48 PM

My prediction: Jake does eventually confront Vienna (or at least they officially stop seeing each other). Then, Jake comes back at the end of Ali’s Bachelorette season to sweep her off her feet. It will be a match made in reality TV heaven.

7. miavitadolce

February 11, 2010 at 6:27 PM

I think you are bang on, if you look closely when she starts getting up from the bed you can see Le Montrose inscribed on the robe. @Ryvetted

8. foxjacket

February 11, 2010 at 6:27 PM

Good Lord this show makes me lose brain cells.
    I love how you seem to very strongly dislike this show, yet here you are, doing this amazing public service. You’re a role model of selflessness for us all!

9. whitakerwebworks

February 11, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Awesome job, Steve. By the way, how do you think the ratings of this show would be if more than the 1-2% you estimate actually knew how much of this show is fake? I would like to see a season of this show with “normal” people at the helm instead of Mike Fleiss and Chris Harrison running the thing. I would like to see what this show feels like as a 100% “authentic” reality show, if there is such a thing. I bet, depending on who you cast, that some of the drama does not need to be manufactured.

10. jessica1

February 11, 2010 at 7:23 PM

There is someone on every viable filming set with a title called CONTINUITY. Damn that person needs to be fired!!!! I had to do that once and even I would have caught the inconsistent shorts & watch ….geez.

But that only makes this inanity twistier and dumber and a funny thing to goof on. On a personal note, after reading the section of your blog Steve, where you noted that it took Jake 2 seconds to go hillbilly when talking w/ Vienna’s dad….well, the rest of the freaking article I was reading in HILLBILLY. Shucks!

Now I’m hunkering in for Survivor in 40 min. and this will be my “first time” reading RS for a new season.

11. 8675309_sf

February 11, 2010 at 8:30 PM

RS –

You are so classic and I so look forward to your recaps. Thanks so much for your wit and humor!

I live about 8 blocks from the Golden Gate bridge and have to tell you that the scene in the previews with Ali and the GG bridge in the background is legit. I know it’s hard to believe, but based on your timeline this was filmed in November, one of the most spectacular and fog-less months to be in this great city. I’m just sayin’. It’s the real deal. 🙂

12. kathimcgraw

February 12, 2010 at 3:58 AM

miavitadolce :

Not only that – notice the insignia at the beginning of the video, and then the insignia is missing from the robe shortly thereafter. Either she was in a different robe or they somehow hid the insignia.

13. sassyspice33

February 12, 2010 at 4:51 AM

I LOVE your blog! I am always impatiently waiting for the next entry so I can get the dirt on the upcoming episodes! This season has been a disappointment and I honestly don’t think jake and Vienna will be together in the end. I would not be surprised if he started chasing after Ali once the show is over.

14. randomIST

February 12, 2010 at 5:04 AM

plus, fyi, she doesn’t REALLY have a multi-line on her bed-side land-line home phone, or does she?

15. Phei

February 12, 2010 at 5:13 AM

I’m thinking Jake will figure out the whole Rozlyn scheme was fake and start to date her, that will be a slap in the face to ABC. Well he has no Valentine’s day plans, so I’m thinking he already broke up with Vienna.

16. kathimcgraw

February 12, 2010 at 7:16 AM

Bonnie Hunt goofing on The Bachelor again this morning, AND Kathryn (Corporate Flight Attendant) was in the audience and Bonnie talked to her about Jake!

17. Sunnyside422

February 12, 2010 at 8:23 AM

Thanks Steve for keepin thing “real” for all of us. Don’t anyone try to convince you to be other than what you are…pretty darn awesome! It’s funny how the talk shows are trashing Bachelor! How Jakey can appear on any of these shows after acting like such a nit wit is beyond me! Maybe he should lay low….forever!

Really got into Survivor last night also! These people have all been there done that and now the personalities will come into play on a larger scale. This is my favorite from the beginning “reality” show!

18. itsme103

February 12, 2010 at 8:23 AM

Speaking of editing. Did anyone notice the that in Mondays ep where Ali and Jake were kissing by the fire the editing was messed up. They make it seem like this long kiss but it’s not. They show Jake pull off his gloves touch Ali’s face and kiss her, then in the next shot he has his gloves on, then off again when he is walking to the car with her.

19. Sunnyside422

February 12, 2010 at 8:25 AM

Speaking of him kissing her….dear God will someone give him a face map to show him where her lips actually are! Kissing directly under her nose is a major turnoff…but maybe that is as close as he is accustomed to getting to a woman’s lips! Again this guy is one lame turkey!

20. Carrythe0

February 12, 2010 at 8:54 AM

“Ummmm, not once has Ali mentioned on TV where she works, nor is she allowed to.”

If I were as snarky as RS and some of his commenters (and I am), I would say this is an ignorant response to the publicity-angle theory. No, Ali’s employer and position have not been mentioned on the show, but they are ALL OVER THE INTERNET. A comment in the previous post linked to FB’s response to be accused of forcing Ali to return, and the article was on a business website. So, the “news” has jumped from entertainment sites to other outlets, including sites that concern themselves with FB’s business.

This is the part where I condescendingly remind you that Facebook is an internet company that does business on the internet, and also that it is a social media entity that would certainly welcome any and all public exposure from the entertainment industry. FB does not care that the Bachelor’s core audience doesn’t know where Ali works. Virtually everyone that FB could benefit from their having the information certainly knows. It is irrelevant that it hasn’t been mentioned on the show. You’d think that someone who’s famous for writing on the internet would know how internet buzz works.

FB gets the kind of exposure they want just for being mentioned in connection with the show (I think it was RS himself who mentioned the masses ravenously tearing apart FB looking for the contestants’ profiles). They want Ali to continue appearing because, as an account manager, she likely deals face-to-face with customers and will be tasked with bringing in new business as her social cachet grows. She is a sympathetic character on a widely watched TV show that is extensively covered in FB’s media channels. It boggles my mind that you don’t see how that benefits FB.

RS is probably not big on other people prognosticating on his page, but since he doesn’t do it anymore I will give it a shot. Ali will tell Jake that her employer saw how much he means to her and let her go back. It will be a testament to that unnamed employer’s humanity, and Ali’s as well. Jake will cry but won’t let her come back due to the constraints of the show. RS will proclaim he was right because when he said “Ali doesn’t come back,” he meant as a contestant. To quote RS, “You heard it here first.”

21. Carrythe0

February 12, 2010 at 9:02 AM

Oh, RS is also proclaiming that Ali simply used up her alotted vacation time and had to go back. Obviously none of us is privy to Ali’s employment contract, but if you assume it’s reasonably similar to the standard in the corporate world, Ali would get two weeks paid leave per year (note she’d only been there five months so she might not get ANY paid or unpaid leave with that tenure). How long was she gone for filming? I honestly don’t know but surely it was longer than two weeks. Was she gone a month? Brother, I’d love that job – a month of leave after being there for five months and I could still come back.

22. fairygirl

February 12, 2010 at 10:33 AM

@Carrythe0

Well actually, since you pretend to be so internet business savvy, I question why you didn’t do a little search via Google. One very quick search would garner a wealth of information on Facebook’s most recent employee perks. One of which is an unheard of 21 days of paid vacation. http://www.facebook.com/careers/life.php#!/careers/perks.php

Another very short Google search would give you access to the filming schedule of the bachelor, which would tell you that the Meet and Greet was filmed on 10/15/09. The rose ceremony where Ali left was filmed on 11/10/09. Using that schedule, we can estimate that Ali used up at least 19 of her vacation days.

So going on the fact that you are making assumptions and prognosticating, rather than gathering facts and making educated guesses, I am going to go out on a limb here and say that you are probably wrong, and RS is more than likely right.

23. k15

February 12, 2010 at 11:19 AM

Ali said she was only gone for about two weeks, which makes sense. Also Carrythe0 , she is not really an advertising account manager, or a manager of any kind. She is the assistant to the manager (my guess is she either exaggerated her position, or made it up.) Even facebook in their interview with the business journal refers to her as just a sales rep. Which means shes not out there talking face to face with any clients really.

24. k15

February 12, 2010 at 11:22 AM

Also, Im almost 100% positive that is the bay bridge, not the Golden Gate bridge since my office looks out over the bay bridge. If that wasnt a green screen, that would also make sense since this whole area has a ton of editing studios for tv, and news rooms that look out over the same view.

25. sassy78

February 12, 2010 at 12:34 PM

26. Inky

February 12, 2010 at 12:39 PM

FYI everyone! PLEASE CLICK ON THE AD LINK AT THE TOP OF THE 1ST PAGE. THAT IS HOW WE CAN HELP STEVE WITH DEFRAYING THE COSTS.

I also noticed that Jakeoff one second is standing when he answers the call then his lazy ass is in a chair when the cut back to him! I wonder how many takes it took him to say his lines that he needed to sit down. 50?

I wonder where Ali was when they filmed her on the actual/fake call? Looks like she is in a corner of a IT closet. Look how close they are filming her! Did they have to go to Facebook for this?

I also think that the shot of her with the Golden Gate behind her was probably taken on her date with Jakeoff. Just a change of cloths which makes sense that she would have not liked walking around in wet boots for the rest of the date. The lighting angles and hughs all look the same. Purdy!

@k15 you are correct that is the bay bridge behind her.

Thanks for the laughs everyone!

27. Phei

February 12, 2010 at 1:23 PM

I don’t know if anyone else noticed this, but Jake seemed to have eliminated all the tall girls this season. He definetly has a complex regarding his height. I notice these things since Im a taller girl. (5’11) and still think Jake is good looking, just very emasculated. On the same side, he seems to prefer the stronger type girls like Vienna, because well we all know, he’s a Wuss. He needs that strong mental woman but he needs to be able to lift her up with ease and not have to look up at her when she wears heels.

Funny thoughts…

28. Carrythe0

February 12, 2010 at 1:28 PM

@fairygirl
    Thanks for doing that research. It is nice to have facts to support yr position. Of course, the link is not to Ali’s contract, just a generalized list of perks that some or all FB employees may receive. It does say 21 paid vacation DAYS, and apparently you think that means she gets four work weeks plus one day, which is a weird amount of time to allot to someone. I would bet it means three paid weeks off including weekends, in which case Ali was gone longer than her allotted time based on the filming dates you provided (assuming they can’t go back to their lives after the meet and greet).

A New York Magazine article linked to Ali’s twitter page, which shows she started at FB the first week of July. So, she was barely there 90 days when filming started. Again, I think it would take some serious finagling to get several weeks off from that new of a job. She’d probably have to make it appealing to her bosses… maybe by telling them where she was going… btw, the New York Magazine article confirms that she told her boss in advance.

29. kathimcgraw

February 12, 2010 at 2:38 PM

Phei :
    I don’t know if anyone else noticed this, but Jake seemed to have eliminated all the tall girls this season. He definetly has a complex regarding his height. I notice these things since Im a taller girl. (5?11) and still think Jake is good looking, just very emasculated. On the same side, he seems to prefer the stronger type girls like Vienna, because well we all know, he’s a Wuss. He needs that strong mental woman but he needs to be able to lift her up with ease and not have to look up at her when she wears heels.
    Funny thoughts…

This is a very good point! I couldn’t understand why Mr. whining about “nice guys finish last” eliminated my favorite – National Guard Elizabeth, who seemed like such a nice, normal girl. Maybe she was too tall for him!

On the issue about Ali’s time off… I worked in corporate America and, in my experience, many benefits don’t go into effect until you’ve completed a year of employment. You usually can’t start a job and immediately take advantage of company benefits such as vacation time, as opposed to federally-mandated benefits such as Family and Medical Leave (FMLA – see http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/benefits-leave/).

30. akey3912

February 12, 2010 at 2:56 PM

my benefits went into effect they day I started at my job. It is unusual but not unheard of 🙂
    I love my job 🙂

31. Small_Peanut

February 12, 2010 at 4:15 PM

I’ve worked in Corporate America the past 15 years and it’s not uncommon. I started day one with 3 weeks paid vacation (yes, it’s accumulated, so many hours per month however you can borrow against it), 2 weeks of sick leave, 13 paid holidays, the last two weeks of the year shut down (closed) and we now have an additional 3 weeks of furloughs (unpaid time off) as well as emergency leaves as long as you get it approved by your supervisor. 3 weeks is now the new 2 weeks. 2 weeks is not enough time to get off a year in my opinion, although I realize there are a lot of companies that still do the standard two weeks.

32. kathimcgraw

February 12, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Small_Peanut :

Holy cow! I need to go back to corporate America! Wait, I like working at home in my PJs.

33. violet02

February 12, 2010 at 6:35 PM

@Carrythe0

It is indeed 21 days. I have no idea why they picked that but that’s 21 work days off, not including weekends. Vacation days do not include weekend days. That’s 21 Paid Time Off Days.

Also in re: to how long you have to work at a co. to start receiving Vacation Days in the corporate jobs I’ve worked at (and I work in Silicon Valley with friends that work at Facebook) your time off can start the day you start working. It takes a year to earn those days off since you accrue at a certain amount per pay period but you can start using them right away. You need to earn them back though and if you leave the co. in the red on vacation days you’ll owe that money when you leave.

34. goodenergy

February 12, 2010 at 7:00 PM

reality tv is harmful to your health. 11 reality tv contestant suicides known so far. does reality tv need to grow a conscience? article: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/film-tv/news/dangers-of-reality-television-plight-of-susan-boyle-touches-a-nerve-in-us-14329470.html#ixzz0fNRzp84b

35. natalie

February 12, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Thank you reality steve. I am so glad I know that Vienna wins so I don’t have to pain myself on the finale. I would have literally vomited in my mouth if I saw him propose to her. She is so gross.

36. ladee_t0720

February 12, 2010 at 8:58 PM

STEVE!!! I LOVE YOU! Marry Me 🙂

Thanks for the information…you are the best! I totally agree, that backdrop looked fake AND it looks like an old on at that!

37. cynthiasuzanne

February 12, 2010 at 10:17 PM

GJ RS –

Did anyone notice that not only did Jake put on his watch in record time… but he changed pants also? They are light blue in the bathroom and dark blue once he answers the phone. The light isnt that dark in that room! So definite editing!

38. annie33

February 12, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Terrible slicing and dicing on the deal with Ali. Hey I have a thought, could the Rozlyn fiasco be engineered from the beginning, because you can see there is no shock at all when they tell her she’s out and to pack? I am thinking they have her planned to be the new Bachelorette. This gives them a bunch of drama for Jake, and a teaser for the Bachelorette.

39. Phei

February 13, 2010 at 1:58 AM

Rozlyn explains on her twitter that she did defend herself, they just didn’t show it.

40. RoxyAlexander

February 13, 2010 at 4:39 AM

Good call on the watch.

Geez, that shot of Ali sitting outside near the water makes me want to PUKE. To me, there is just nothing natural about this beyotch! Worst Actress EVER.

41. lithargic

February 13, 2010 at 7:58 AM

SPOILER ALERT**** Jake and Vienna have already gone their seperate ways. I live near her and I have a friend who has been dating her for a couple of weeks. She told him the whole show was a goof to her and she had no interest in a longterm realtionship with Jake. She also said they are obligated by contract to pretend to be together until the ATFR taping. Then she said that she was going to “drop a bombshell” at the ATFR taping. She wouldn’t say what it was but maybe RS has sources who can find out.

42. Deegirl

February 13, 2010 at 8:31 AM

I used to think Fakey-Jakey was a tool and just hadn’t met the right woman yet, but this guy is beyond stupid. Wasn’t he the one who tried to warn Jillian about Wes? Yet he won’t listen to every single woman warn him about Vagina. He definitely has a Napoleon complex and some major control issues.

Loved Tenley’s family (but her dance sucked). Can I adopt her parents? I think Ali is a major biotch. I actually like Gia (even though her mom is a total freak). I also agree with everyone who thinks National Guard Elizabeth is a great catch. Just proves Jake has horrible taste in women. No wonder the turd is single.

43. kathimcgraw

February 13, 2010 at 9:36 AM

violet02 :
    @Carrythe0

When I was in corporate America, there was a 90-day “probation” period, no benefits. I wonder if that is still true. If it is, wouldn’t Ali have just barely finished her probation (maybe not even), before heading off to tape at the Bachelor pad? I actually think the most likely scenario is that she informed FB that she was committed to being on The Bachelor. Can you imagine starting a new job, when you’re most concerned about making a good impression, and then just taking all that time off with no plausible explanation? My thought is she told FB ahead of time, not thinking she would last as long as she did, and FB was losing its patience that she hadn’t returned to work yet.

44. fairygirl

February 13, 2010 at 9:54 AM

The problem with comparing Facebook to “corporate America” is that Facebook, Google, Motley Fool, and many other forward thinking companies don’t act like the ridiculously flawed corporate America. These companies are trying to attract the BEST and the brightest talent in the world. They aren’t playing the “you have to pay your dues” card. The founder is 25 years old…he isn’t some old stiff in a suit who wants to make everyone go through hell to work for his company just for the fun of it….in other words, he isn’t the Donald. He wants intelligent, hard working, HAPPY employees. Forward thinking companies give you vacation from the get go (but again, you do likely have to work there for so long or pay it back)…you have unlimited sick days because they don’t want you to come in if you are sick…they have free food in their cafeteria and not sludge like sloppy joes either…they have fussball tables and other games available…people can come to work in jeans every single day, not just on an illusive casual Friday. Don’t think of Facebook as Corporate America, because it is not anything like corporate America…if other corporations were as smart as Facebook and Google, they would be switching to this type of structure as well, and not only would their employees be happier, but studies have proven that they would be more effective and productive as well. Go figure…

As for National Guard Elizabeth, she is a close friend of a friend of mine and my friend says she is extremely intelligent and very nice. Probably better off not being on that show for long.

45. Ryvetted

February 13, 2010 at 1:28 PM

@8675309_sf

I agree that the S.F. pics are real…but Steve said they went to S.F. first….THEN went back to LA to do that hotel shot.

I don’t agree with that since the Le Montrose hotel is only 7 minutes from the Wilshire where the Rose Ceremony was that night.

46. dori

February 13, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Dang!
    Still can’t see the video of the Ali call.
    It’s blocked in Canada.

47. Phei

February 13, 2010 at 3:33 PM

You can see it on ABC website, Im canadian and I can, I can also watch videos on American websites using HotShield. Doesnt work on ABC for full episodes though :/ Works on Bravo, Eonline etc. though..

48. goodenergy

February 13, 2010 at 3:34 PM

Everyone here ON REALITY STEVE is awesome in sharing the info they have. Thanks Steve for be a “realer than reality tv” place for us to Be! rather than not to be. No question.

49. PaloAlto

February 13, 2010 at 8:53 PM

Really pissed they are canceling the Bonnie Hunt Show. Only thing worse than bad ABC reality TV is, well, NBC in it’s entirety. I enjoy that show and her poking fun at The Bachelor is part and parcel of the fun! I love it when Kelly Ripa does it too, tho this year she’s not watching, they have Regis doing the devil thing…I actually don’t like Allie, guess I’m the only one. I like Gia, because she seemed to stay out of most of the snarky girl b.s….