Reality Roundup

Reality Roundup – 4/23/10

“Survivor”

Just when I didn’t think this season could get any better, then last night happens. Of course I knew Parvati wasn’t going home last night and I knew someone from the Heroes was, but the way it went down is what surprised me. I’m still shocked that Parvati decided to give both idols away. One, I could understand. Unless she really didn’t know which Villain they were targeting, Jerri or Sandra. But she had to have known, right? I mean, Amanda told her straight to her face, we’re voting for you, yet she immediately dismissed that as game playing. And since Danielle had immunity, there were only a couple people left that could’ve gotten sent home. I guess she knew it was between those two but couldn’t get a read on who it was, so she just saved them both. And since they have the numbers now, it doesn’t matter that all the idols have been played. They’ll just pick off the Heroes one at a time now. Don’t believe the B.S. behind next week’s previews saying Sandra is going to target Russell. Ain’t gonna happen. “Survivor” has to do this every season, because even though the Villains strategy is clear as day, and that’s to pick off Rupert, Colby, Amanda, and Candace one-by-one, they don’t want the audience to think it’s that easy because then they might not tune in. The Villains are running the show now, make no mistake about it.

Gotta hand to Danielle. She’s pretty good on those “balance your toes for as long as you can” challenges. Excellent work. Although not so excellent work the doctor did on her implants. Did you see the ripples in those things before Jeff put on her immunity necklace. Yeah, kinda couldn’t miss that one. Maybe she should pay a visit to Heidi Montag’s doctor, he seems to know what he’s doing. I don’t think there’s a male watching this show that doesn’t see Danielle and Parvati prancing around in their bathing suits giggling all day and think dirty thoughts. I know I do. Especially when last night, we were constantly reminded of the P.O.T.’s on their lower back. Parvati even has one on the back of her neck. A little longer distance away but still manageable. I think.

Still one of the best seasons they’ve ever had. As I’ve told you, this season was filmed right after Samoa to cut costs. I’ve heard now that’s what they’re going to do every year. In the summer, they will tape back-to-back seasons in the same location. One will start airing in September and run through November, and the other starts in February and ends in May like this one. But I also heard that the “2nd” season they film in each location they were thinking of making some sort of “All Star” one. Whether it be a “Fans vs Favorites” type, or just an all “All Star” cast, I’m not sure. I read that over a month ago but haven’t heard anything since. I think this summer’s two editions are going to be in Nicaragua if I’m not mistaken. I’m still not sure of one of the two editions every year being some sort of “All Star” edition. Might be overkill. If they do, they better not keep bringing back the same people.

Late breaking news for those that have been asking. No, Ali’s season was not affected by the volcano in Iceland. They made it out of Europe before all that went down and are filming the hometown dates this week. Ali even spoke about the volcano’s in Iceland. You can read it here.

Ok, back Wednesday with your “Idol” recap plus whatever other news I have regarding the “Bachelorette”. Probably won’t be much though. I plan on laying pretty low in regards to that until I have everything ready to go. Any questions, comments, emails, praises, criticisms, email me at steve@realitysteve.com. Or you can follow me on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. See you Wednesday.

1. papergrl1

April 23, 2010 at 7:56 AM

Interesting note on David Arquette. A morning radio show in Atlanta has had a contest all week where people have tried to guess the top 5 most endowed men in Hollywood. Someone finally won today when they guessed the final person–David Arquette.

2. mja

April 23, 2010 at 8:25 AM

DWTS: Jake’s dancing was terrible this week! I don’t know what the judges were thinking by praising him and giving him decent scores. He needs to go, soon. Kate was worse, though — so am not sorry that she is now gone.

Steve, do you ever watch Millionaire Matchmaker on Bravo? Very humorous show… not sure whether it qualifies as a reality show or not, though.

3. Moogan21

April 23, 2010 at 10:54 AM

everytime i read David Arquette – my mind keeps thinking Archuleta… oh dear.

4. bunny2

April 24, 2010 at 8:00 PM

I hope Jake is the next one gone. I cannot stand seeing him and Swamp Thing every week. They are such media whores! He is not genuine at all and I do not like the way he treats Chelsea at all. For some reason, these reality stars really think they are “stars”! Kate did the same thing with Tony. They suck and need to know that they have no talent to warrant them in the same league as any of the other contenders!

5. contusion

April 24, 2010 at 11:24 PM

test

6. contusion

April 24, 2010 at 11:25 PM

Your Black Eyed Peas comment reminded me of KC and the Sunshine Band. Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight. Repeat.

Up until this week I always thought the whole thing about Parvati being hot was way overblown. But when she was hanging from that pole and they panned down her body, I was convinced.

7. umkay

April 27, 2010 at 8:17 AM

I agree. The Batchelorette scendal blows. The build up was not worth the payoff.

8. Nobody

April 27, 2010 at 9:36 AM

Steve, you’re basically admitting that the “scandal” isn’t a scandal in the first place. If the girl contacts ABC, and ABC then gets the cameras rolling in order to stage a phone call to Ali to spill the beans on the boyfriend/girlfriend connection, that makes the whole thing a SCRIPTED EVENT.

Write it up any way you choose; it is your blog after all. But calling this a scandal couldn’t be further from the truth. Like I mentioned previously, ABC must know that Ali’s season is going to suck something terrible and they are really grasping at straws to do something interesting.

I believe the girl most likely did get in contact with ABC, but ABC scripted the rest of thing to bring it to TV….. for ratings only.

9. joegabes

April 27, 2010 at 10:22 AM

OK, On survivor, assuming none of the other heroes or villains knew of Russell from last season, AND that implies that they did not see the season finale where Russell lost and where they showed highlights….this also implies that the current season was happening at the time the results show was on…THEN HOW did Russel get from the current filming to the results show?….possible they airlifted him out for a day OR was there SO much overlap that Russel goes to Pondersosa for this season and takes a break to get airlifted back?

10. bunny2

April 27, 2010 at 7:16 PM

Yippee Kai yeah! He’s gone, he’s gone!!!!! That’s my happy dance now that Jake is gone! I am so happy! He needs to man up though, he cried more tears than Kate did! What a doofus!

11. poddington

April 27, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Is this a joke? I cannot believe some women calling Ali to say her boyfriend is on the show is the biggest scandal ever. What is this Junior High? Unless I missing something I would wonder if you are now on abc payroll trying to drum up business. I still think ed leaving the show to nail 2 chicks during/after filming AND he won, is more scandalous. Oh and that Jason thing too.
    Anyway I suspect 1/2 the people that go on there are seeing someone before they leave.

12. Dianne

April 28, 2010 at 7:34 AM

Yes, oh yes, there really is a God who answered all of our prayers regarding Jake the Snake. He’s gone!! Now I can actually beging to enjoy DWTS!! Finally!

Re: Ali and the “scandal”. I could not care less..I am boycotting anything Batchelorette!! I refuse to put myself through the suffering of having to watch Ali..she totally disgusts me!