The Bachelorette 6 - Ali

“Bachelorette” Spoilers Q&A Plus My Canadian Television Debut

6. “I don’t feel sorry for Jessica and Kimberly at all. They got exactly what they had coming to them for even agreeing to let their so-called ‘boyfriend’ go on a dating show. They’re just as guilty as he is.”

Hey, I knew those two were gonna take some heat. And I don’t necessarily disagree with that sentiment. If I had a girlfriend, and she told me she wanted to do go on the “Bachelor” just for her career, I’d totally let her do it – right after I dumped her. I don’t see the logic in letting your significant other go on the show no matter what reason it’s for, but that’s just me. Some people are wired differently. But make no mistake about it, what Justin did was much, much worse than anything Kimberly or Jessica did. They’re just guilty of bad judgment. Justin is guilty of being a bad guy and a “master liar and manipulator” as Kimberly so eloquently put it in her email to me.

7. “Why do you spoil the show? What do you get out of ruining it for the people who actually want to watch it without knowing what happens?”

Answer to the first part of the question: Because I can. Second part? I get nothing. They don’t have to read it if they don’t want to. I just know plenty of people will. I’d say about 80% love the spoilers, 10% are on the fence, and 10% hate it. I’m fine with that. As mentioned above, this show brings out some of the strongest emotions in people more so than any other show on television. I think even the ones that say they don’t want to know, really do want to know. It’s a stupid reality television show that’s easy to make fun of and easy to spoil, so I do it. I’m not affected in the least bit when people say they’re mad that I ruined the season. They don’t have to read the column if they don’t want. Just like you probably want to stay off Twitter and Facebook if you don’t want live results to TV shows that haven’t aired yet or you are DVR’ing, I suggest you do the same this season when it comes to this show. There’s already a boatload of sites linking to me about Tuesday’s spoilers. It’s gonna be kind of hard to stay away from for the next 2 months. You might as well just give in and read them. Someone, somewhere, in some conversation will inevitably bring it up and ruin it for you.

8. “You mentioned that there’s more to Frank’s elimination that could be even worse than him just leaving before the overnights. Any idea as to what it is?”

Yes. A very good idea as to what it is. But until I have the full details on it, I’m not willing to let out what I know so far. Based on what I have, it’s bad. And it looks like it’s gonna get worse. I’m kinda confused by it actually. Lets just say for now that Frank’s gonna have a lot of explaining to do at the “Men Tell All”. However, there’s one major detail about the Frank exit that neither ABC nor Frank I’m sure will ever address. That’s what I plan on releasing once I get the full details on it. Look, I have no idea who Frank is, nor am I going to begin to pretend I know what was going through his head, but he definitely had a horrible lapse in judgment when it came to his exit. Something tells me it was a lot more producer driven that what will be shown. However, the guy is his own man and will have to own up to what he did. He can’t change what will be shown on TV. He’ll just need to explain it the best way he can. But I don’t think even that will be good enough for him not to feel the wrath of the angry housewives.

9. “You described Roberto as a baseball player in Tuesday’s column. His bio said he’s an insurance agent. Which one is he?”

And Graham’s bio during DeAnna’s season said he was a professional basketball player when he was actually a bartender who USED to play ball professionally overseas. Roberto is the other way around. He currently is an insurance agent, but once played Div. II ball for the University of Tampa back in 02-03. And boy, did he suck. Check out his stats: 20 innings pitched, 18 hits allowed, 16 EARNED RUNS!, 16 WALKS!, 20 strikeouts, 7.20 ERA. Yeah, insurance probably is your calling buddy. Jake’s limp wristed football throwing motion thinks you’re a horrible pitcher. When Roberto takes Ali to the University of Tampa baseball field during his hometown date, I hope he doesn’t try to pitch to her. She’ll probably rope him for a couple doubles off the wall and take him yard a few times. Lets pray to God Roberto doesn’t boast about his playing days while he’s on the show, because with those awful stats, he has no reason to talk.

10. “Why is Chris Lambton wearing a periodic table of the elements t-shirt in his ABC photo? Is he a chemistry teacher or something?”

Hey, Ali has admitted to being attracted to intellectual guys, so maybe that’s the angle he was playing. Although I don’t know how hot and bothered you can make a chick in a white lab coat, goggles, and holding a beaker. And no, he’s in the landscaping business with his family. Those in the greater Cape Cod area, if you want some landscaping work done on your home or whatever, you can visit their website at www.elambtonlandscaping.com. I’m sure all the stalkers will be camped out in front of their business by lunchtime. You’re welcome for the plug guys. I’ll take 10% of any new business, thank you very much.

Any more questions you have, keep em’ rolling in. I’ll answer the best I can. All my contact information is at the top of the page by clicking on “Contact Me”. As you can see, we’ve also added links to the two spoiler columns from the season that will remain at the top all season long. Only three columns appear on the front page at a time, so stuff gets pushed further and further back the more I write. Now you’ll be able to access the spoilers rather easily. Thanks for the time. See you soon.

1. mja

May 14, 2010 at 10:59 AM

Well, I finally looked at the photos on ABC’s website. They are so airbrushed that most of the guys look really bland and made of plastic, and their good looks (if they have any) are not apparent. I like Roberto’s eyes, though — his eyebrows, not so much. But if they have those eyes under them, then they are o.k.

2. Dianne

May 14, 2010 at 11:12 AM

*sigh* knowing that Jerk-Justin is Canadian is sad. Knowing that he lives in the same city as I do is even more sad. What a loser this guy is!

3. stacy1452

May 14, 2010 at 2:33 PM

Frank kinda looks like he might be gay. That would be a first if one of the final 3 admits he’s gay!

4. meggox3x

May 14, 2010 at 9:00 PM

Wow, I’m interested in this whole Frank situation. Thanks for all the updates Steve!

5. mommyof2

May 15, 2010 at 11:33 AM

Steve-

Love knowing all the details of the Bachelorette ahead of time! Now I can focus on the final 4 from the very beginning.

As far as American Idol, I have to say that I totally called the top 4 awhile back (to my friends) to be Crystal, Lee, Casey, and Mike. and, if you look at the comments section of your American Idol Recap of 4/13/10, I wrote: “I agree with who went home this week, and I’m hoping for the top 3 to be Lee, Crystal, and Casey. Who I prefer to win depends on how those 3 perform from here on out.” So, I guess I’m happy about the outcome so far. I think Casey should go home next to finalize the inevitable Crystal-Lee finale, with whoever winning being whoever perfroms the best on finale night. Not that it really matters who wins since they’ll all get record deals. Look at Daughtry, who only made it to the top 4 his season (I wanted him to win, so i was pretty angry). Favorite season, however, was the David Cook season. Best finale ever, and my favorite American Idol musician, besides Carrie Underwood.

I know American Idol has taken a beating this year, but I think Crystal and Lee are just as good as past contenders (and better than many of the past winners and finalists). I just think people are tired of the competition b/c it’s been on for so many seasons now. I mean, can you really say that Crystal and Lee aren’t better singers and musicians than Justin Guarini, Diana DeGarmo, Bo Bice, Katharine McPhee, Taylor Hicks, Blake Lewis,and Jordin Sparks? Really? Maybe some of those are okay, but seriously, Crystal and Lee will do well in the industry, in my opinion. I doubt either will obtain the stardom of Daughtry and Carrie Underwood, but we’ll see. I could see both of them being as successful as David Cook at least,if not more so. We’ll see!

6. Ashley244

May 15, 2010 at 2:30 PM

Hi Reality Steve :),

What I find to be interesting is that for the last few seasons, the bachelor/bachelorette who was chosen for the date involving an adrenaline rush/arousal (scaling buildings, bungee jumping, tight roping, etc.) ended up in the top 2! I don’t know if you’ve ever heard of misattribution of arousal, the process whereby people make mistaken inferences about what is causing them to feel the way they do. Many studies have been done on this and they show that people often mistaken an adrenaline rush from sky-diving (or something equally arousing) for a connection with whoever they are with at the time. Definitely happens on this show! If you don’t know about this concept, I encourage you to look it up…might be something interesting to include in your blog.

Sincerely,
    Ashley

7. julieann123

May 15, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Steve –

I found your sight a couple years ago and found you to be very funny and I looked forward to your posts each week during the Bachelorette/Bachelor season. You really added to my entertainment of the whole thing. I thank you for that.

Since last season when you had the scoop from day one you have increasingly become un-funny and completely full of yourself. Your posts have more content in them about you than what you are supposedly reporting or commenting about. Between that and the fact I’m not at all interested in watching Ali whine all season, I’m going to take a break from this show and this site. When I think of Ali and her season I just imagine everything I didn’t like about Deanna and Jake all rolled into one. ughhhhhhhh

I’ll come back next go around and see if I can get my interest back and if not, I’ll find something else to watch.

Take care –

Julie in central Illinois

8. poddington

May 18, 2010 at 1:37 PM

so much for trying to stay off of here before the spoilers were posted. oh well esp since I do not care for Ali at all. What strikes me as interesting is how feminine (and I mean lady-like, not metrosexual) many of guys look. Obviously pictures don’t tell the truth but it is just an impression. and don’t get me wrong, I enjoy the company of many gay men but since this is a show where boys are supposed to like girls it seems odd. And I agree they are not very attractive either …not that it matters, I am just ‘sayin

9. lemon

May 19, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Poddington — the guys usually look MUCH better on the show, the ABC publicity shots are always bad (for some reason). They look like they handed them off to an intern for Photoshop practice.

10. mja

May 21, 2010 at 8:55 AM

“They look like they handed them off to an intern for Photoshop practice.”

Yes, great comment!

11. my_4_girls

May 22, 2010 at 10:03 AM

After watching just a few clips/previews, i don’t know if i’ll be able to handle Ali’s laugh all season. I’m looking forward to Monday, but the screechy laugh is already driving me crazy. ugh!!!