The Bachelorette 6 - Ali

Bachelorette 6 Recap – 7/5/10 Including Final Thoughts on Jake & Vienna Plus Interview Coming Thursday

Remember, for this seasons spoilers, click on the either of the two links under the banner above (Part 1 & Part 2) for all your answers regarding what happens this season. We’ve now added the “Bachelor Pad” link that takes you directly to the spoilers for this season that I posted last Wednesday. Check those out if you haven’t already. Looks like some good drama this season.

First order of business is obviously to respond to the “US Weekly” cover story that ran last week which states Ali got engaged in Bora Bora to Roberto. My response? It’s pretty simple: I stand by my sources. They haven’t been wrong in two seasons, and I don’t suspect they’re wrong this season. Ali is a single woman, and she left Bora Bora a single woman. As I’ve said before, I do not know any details behind the final rose ceremony in terms of what was said to each guy, or if there were proposals rejected, etc. All I was told by five different sources was that Ali is currently single. Yes, there is still an “After the Final Rose” to film in a couple weeks. I’m told she will be single after that as well. The girl didn’t pick anyone and two months of thinking about it isn’t changing her mind. She’s single and ready to mingle. With me. And Maddie. Sorry boys…ha ha. And by the way, if you actually read the “US Weekly” story, it’s not like they have any overwhelming proof. Just says she’s engaged. Oh well. I guess it’s me vs. US Weekly until August 2nd. Put it this way: If Vegas was taking bets on it, I’d be at the window right now backing up a Brinks truck of money.

A couple weeks ago I mentioned there was going to be a “Bachelor Cruise” hosted by Reid Rosenthal and with a booking code of “Reality Steve”, you could get a small discount and they would also donate $20 to Emily’s Smile Boxes for every person that booked their trip. Well, all that is still in place, except Reid is no longer part of the cruise as he is unable to attend due to other commitments. However, they’ve added yet another guy from Ali’s season and that’s our latest reject, Ty Brown. He joins Justin Rego and the rest of the clan: Jesse Kovacs, Robby D, Juan Barbieri, Dave Good, Natalie Getz and others to be announced. Can still purchase your tickets through this link, just had a little name change:

Fans Of Reality TV Cruise

Since “Rated R” Rego is making the media rounds now talking to everyone that’ll listen, it would make the most sense he came to the only outlet where he won’t get edited and his answers aren’t placed in soundbites. So yes, come back to the site Thursday for an unedited interview with this season’s villain, Justin Rego. Why is he talking? Because he feels ABC threw him under the bus (much more to his edit than was shown) and is going scorched earth on everyone associated with this show. And anytime any contestant is willing to throw this show under the bus and give us viewers a behind the scenes glimpse of what really happened as opposed to what was shown, I’m all for that. Should be a VERY interesting interview with Justin come Thursday, so check back for that. He will get asked everything you viewers are wanting to know, trust me.

And finally, I mentioned after I’d gotten back from Chicago a couple weeks a note about how not to get your hopes up about Jillian and Ed ever getting married because it wasn’t going to happen. I can further update that story. I’m surprised the tabloids haven’t run with this yet, but I’m sure they will soon. Jillian and Ed are done. Finished. Over. Don’t know who broke up with who, don’t know any reasons behind it, I just know those two are over despite what they are publicly saying or tweeting or facebooking to each other. I swear I’ll never understand those two’s relationship until the day I die. But now that’s in the past since they’re done. Yet another unsuccessful couple from this show. Ali should be glad she picked no one. Look what two lovebirds like Jake and Vienna turned into last night. More on that at the end of the column. On to last night…

-The setting is Lisbon, Portugal and apparently Frank has raided Chris Lambton’s wardrobe as he shows up in shorts, a t-shirt, and flip flops. All the other guys went with the jeans, t-shirt, and shoes look. I guess maybe Frank had just come from the beach or something. Probably doused himself with suntan lotion as well. Whatever the case, Chris Harrison told all the guys (and the myriad of pigeons who were looking for their 15 minutes of fame) that there will be four dates this week: three 1-on-1’s, and a 2-on-1, but that no roses will be given out. Thanks Chris. He has a few parting words for the guys. Chris: “Guys, enjoy Lisbon.” I swear Chris Harrison has the greatest job ever. Well, outside of me. You see, I have a full-time sales job which I’ve had for four years now, but the fact that I can make a second income off making fun of a stupid reality show once a week is hilarious. Really, it is. Who in my position wouldn’t be doing the exact same thing I’m doing? You’d be nuts not to. Someone pinch me before I actually wake up from this. So Chris, you actually have America’s second best gig. I surpassed you this season after looking at my last month’s numbers.

-First date card arrives and it’s for Roberto with Ali asking him to “Come be the king of my castle.” What a surprise, Frank is bothered by this. Why? Because HE wants to be the king of Ali’s castle. It’s just that he wants Nicole to live there as well. And in his room while Ali sleeps downstairs by the moat with all the alligators in it. All these ITM’s of Frank talking about how much he wants to be alone with Ali is just setting up his downfall even worse. You know what email I will be getting the most after the Tahiti episode? Something along the lines of, “Hey, if Frank had a girlfriend back home he wanted to be with, why was he constantly talking about wanting to be with Ali?” Yep. It’s coming. It’s already started actually. The answer to that? Because that’s what this show does. They get you to say things in your ITM and from there they create a character. Sure Frank said those things, but we don’t know the questions behind them. All I know is his answers are going to make him look like an ass in two weeks when he bolts Tahiti to be with Nicole.

-Ali shows up for her date with Roberto in a green tank top and a bedazzled skirt. Ummmm, interesting to say the least. I wouldn’t mark it down as my most memorable outfit of hers this season. In fact, I’d probably rank it dead last. If it were any shorter, the Portugese strippers could’ve borrowed it for their midnight stage show. Her and Roberto walk the streets of Portugal, but the minute he hears music playing, latin heartthrob Roberto breaks out: “When I hear music, I can’t help but start dancing.” Do these two do anything but dance and kiss? I can’t remember one conversation they’ve had about anything. Then again, it is kinda hard to speak to someone when your tongue is jamming up their esophagus. I’m sure the local Portugese people had two thoughts going through their head seeing Ali and Roberto dry humping in the middle the of the street. First, it was “Hey, so how much time is the Jake & Vienna interview gonna cut into this episode?”. And their second thought had to be, “Get a room!”

-After giving all of Portugal a free show, these two decide to fog up the windows on the cable car. I think Roberto said he’d never been on one before but was really enjoying their ride on it. Ali: “I love this. This is just like San Francisco.” Well yeah, except for all the crazy, drugged out hippies running around the Haight Ashbury District in their tye-dye shirts, beads, and Birkenstocks. In Portugal, these people are just wandering the streets aimlessly trying to figure why an American television crew is filming two kiddies fondling each other in the streets. I mean, I’m guessing Portugal doesn’t have many reality TV shows being filmed in their country. Especially one watched by as many millions that watch this show. Had to be a big day for them back in April when Ali Fedotowsky and Roberto Martinez roamed their streets. Their world probably stopped as locals were mesmerized by these two “famous” contestants. Or not.

-Ali and Roberto visit the Sao Jorge Castle in Lisbon for some wine, a picnic, and conversation. In between their make out sessions. Yeah, this relationship wouldn’t be purely physical. Oh no, not at all. Those last about a month. Just ask Vienna. Then your fake fiancé starts not wanting to touch you anymore because he realizes the only reason he picked you in the first place was for ratings and not with the intent to be married someday. Like I said, more on that later. Ali asks Roberto if he’s nervous about a possible hometown date. Roberto: “I’m actually not nervous. I’m excited.” And you know why? Because what guy wouldn’t be excited to throw on a jersey of a team he used to play for over 5 years ago and show off his 80mph fastball? I know I certainly would. Can Roberto possibly be living in the past too much to know exactly what he wants right now? ENOUGH about the baseball career. However, to be fair since I brought it up with Frank, once again you know this is something Roberto was told to do by producers. Ultimately, he agreed to be the “baseball guy” on his hometown since having her come to his insurance office might’ve put everyone to sleep, but still. Your Division II college baseball field with jersey and everything? And you even gave her one of your cards? Ay papi! (Did I spell that right?). So Roberto, I’ll somewhat give you a pass on this. I’m guessing you were just as embarrassed to do that as we will be to watch it next week.

-But since Roberto apparently has never dated anyone in his life before, he’s acting like Ali is the greatest human alive. Roberto: “You’re beautiful, you’re smart, and I’ve never dated or been with a woman like you, like ever.” Whoa. Strong sentiments for the chick you’ve known for a month. I guess when you’re in that situation, and it comes down to five guys, you need to start giving the other person a reason as to why they should pick you, so it seems that’s why the “just shower them with every compliment you can think of” seems to work. If the guy was hemming and hawing over what to say to her, that probably wouldn’t have worked in his favor. But when he tells her how she’s the greatest human being ever, and there’s no one like her, and he knows she’ll be the best sex he’s ever had, well, of course she’s gonna fall for him. But hey, he’s using his words to his advantage. I’m sorry, no guy who’s known a woman on a reality show for a month spews that stuff out and actually believes it. Especially when he’s had two dates alone with her in that month. I really enjoy the authenticity and sincerity of this show. I really do. Keep it coming.

Page 1 of 612345...Last »

1. tvgirlwiz

July 6, 2010 at 11:53 AM

Love the column! Jake is a douche. The hubby actually saw the Jake and Vienna circus last night. He just kept saying, “That guy is insecure and a douche. This is ridiculous.” :o) He laughed so hard about the whole GPS thing… He told Jake to grow a pair.

2. Lydie

July 6, 2010 at 12:15 PM

Why is Justin such a villain? They are all in there for fame, 15 minutes or more, so what’s so much worse about him than Jake (and his name should be spelled with an “o”). The last season of “Friends” the 6 main characters got 1 million each PER episode. This show (stretching the word show) costs the network way less and has incredible ratings. The network is using these people and they are too stupid to know it, or are “fame whores” so they just roll along with it. Apparently none of them are employed. If Ali got out of this without getting engaged she just made big bucks, saw the world, had men fighting over her and now she can pick and chose what she does. I hear “Joke” in on Bachelor Pad, so until he is dumped I won’t watch. He literally makes me want to power puke!!

3. mja

July 6, 2010 at 12:23 PM

I completely agree about Jake and Vienna last night. I’m a person who didn’t watch Jake’s Bachelor season, with the exception of the final episode. I just didn’t like him to begin with. I’m also on Team “Please Go Away” for both of them.

Now about the Bachelorette:

My favorite line from last night that wasn’t mentioned in this column: when the date card for Kirk arrived, it said “Once Upon a Time…” on it. Kirk’s immediate response? “Once Upon a Time? That’s not even a complete sentence.” I laughed aloud at that one, and thought that the date would be a disaster. But I noticed that after a very rocky start he got into the swing of the fairytale aspects of the date. That saved him, I think.

Steve, you stated some convincing reasons why Chris likely won’t be the next Bachelor. I was thinking he might be, but now am rethinking that idea. Maybe it will be Roberto?

Now about Ali… up to this point, I think her emotions have not really been touched. She is not very in touch with her own emotions, it seems to me. She has just been going along with this whole thing, seeing it unfold, and suddenly in last night’s episode she realized, “Hey! There are only a few guys left and I don’t really feel a connection with any of them. I’d better get going and try to feel something for one of these guys.” She really wants to feel something for Frank… and I suspect that he is the one she will start opening up to, more and more. And then when the rug is pulled out from under that relationship, she won’t have anywhere to turn that means anything to her. I think it’s possible that she picks Roberto, but they do not get engaged, and that by the time the ATFR is filmed they will long be history (and in fact are history even now).

Keep the columns coming… am looking forward to Justin’s interview.

4. jim

July 6, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Jake didn’t do himself any favors last night. Honestly doesn’t this guy know that when you get married, you get emasculated and underminded all the time 😉 I really don’t know how intimate Jake could be anyway, he’s probably more interested in Vienna’s gay friend.

5. josie

July 6, 2010 at 12:28 PM

ya jake sucks balls. all-american pyscho. clearly. as far as vienna interrupting him, don’t know why people are such in arms about that. jake speaks slower than a donkey and spews crap worse than my diarrhea, who wouldn’t want to interrupt him?

i don’t even think he’s gay (as rumors claim). i think he’s just an asexual, sadistic freak.

Ali sucks. As per usual. She doesn’t suck for realizing that reality shows do not foster an environment that creates an endless and enduring love, but she does suck for being boring and uninteresting and clearly selfish. can’t recall any prior bachelor/bachelorettes that had less interest in their rose recipients than Ali does. it shouldn’t be that obvious to the viewers you’re just doing it for the paycheck. take some acting classes, put on a show, girl. that’s your job. if i was your boss, i wouldn’t promote your arse.

6. danidrea

July 6, 2010 at 12:34 PM

Steve, I absolutely love your column. Always gives me a good laugh, as does the Bachelorette. I agree with everything that you have said. I don’t see Ali picking anyone out of the guys that are left. This week’s episode was really boring… but I just watched Roberto’s date (he’s nice to look at 🙂 ) and then came back for the Vienna and Jake.

I agree, they are both in Vienna’s words “fame whores”. But Jake’s definitely the bigger one of the two. None of them are innocent, but Jake was shown in a totally different light. He wasn’t the optimistic good hearted pilot but the arrogant self absorbed actor that he’s always secretly been. I feel bad for Vienna and everyone could tell she was really upset. And I died of laughter when Chris was like “Yeah we don’t care about the dog.” He was obviously rooting for Jake.

The whole “emasculating” and “underminding” crap also gave me further proof that Jake definitely has some issues going on with his sexuality… Ugh he needs to go away. Both of them do. I’m sure Tenley and Ali are doing cartwheels, happy they didn’t get stuck with the psycho controlling, Jake Pavelka.

7. cernie

July 6, 2010 at 12:38 PM

Jake’s keywords just cracks me up. What does he mean Vienna did “unauthorized interviews”? Is she his employee or did they have a contract that one can not talk to a magazine without another one’s approval?

I think Jake came out really horrible last night. Vienna would have won 100% if she didn’t keep talking on top of him. I think that was the only thing she did wrong.

Talking about the bachelor/bachelorette infamous “he/she is not on the show for the right reasons”, Jake is the ultimate one who was “there for the wrong reasons” which he successfully fooled everyone till the end. Well done Jake!

8. josie

July 6, 2010 at 12:43 PM

also people don’t listen to you as much as you think they should steve, because albeit entertaining, you’ve become a bit full of yourself. but i suppose there are no perfect heroes.

9. hcorrigan

July 6, 2010 at 12:49 PM

The bracelet Chris gave Ali IS called a Dennis Bracelet. I’m pretty sure he pronounced the “s” because at first, I thought he said “tennis bracelet” and then saw what he was putting on her wrist. I have friends who have them…they’re pretty popular on the Cape.

10. roflsaurus

July 6, 2010 at 12:55 PM

WOW! The highlight of last night was definitely the Jake and Vienna interview. I think the way that they showed him (psycho, control freak, fame whore) is the real him and I feel sorry for Vienna. Like you said, she had examples so it was easy to believe her.

Also Ali FATotowsky’s outfits were totally unflattering. Every single one of them. Why would they let her look like that? I want some answers.

danidrea: You are SO right! Tenley has to be jumping for joy that Jake didn’t choose her.

11. sparkly

July 6, 2010 at 12:56 PM

Oh Jake, with your passive-aggressive “why are you raising your voice?”, to your anger at Vienna for giving an “unauthorized interview”, not to mention your hilarious line of attack accusing HER of being a famewhore…I think you have sealed your fate with this interview. You are SCARY.

12. quesara

July 6, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Jake could not have come off as more of an ass last night. I never cared for Vienna but now I just feel sorry for her, because I could tell she really had genuine feelings for this guy! He would not even look at her when she kept looking over at him. It was sad. I think he found out about her past and that she was “damaged goods” after picking her and just got turned off. I think he wants some perfect little woman who will keep her mouth shut. His smug looks last night made me want to smack the crap out of him!
    I think he should become an underwear model and never open his mouth again!

PS Ali does not know what the hell she wants! She needs to go away and figure it out! There was all this talk about the guys not being good enough for her? I think it is the other way around! There are some great guys still left there.

Roberto for the next bachelor! Yummy to look at!

13. pmayast

July 6, 2010 at 1:15 PM

I think that both J & V were at fault. Both of them showed their true colors clear and loud. We all knew that they were not a good match and was only a short while before they figured it out. Somehow I couldn’t feel sorry for either one – they got what they asked for. As for their motives, who knows! I think they both need to spend some concentrated time with a counselor (alone) so that they can determine who they are and what they want out of life. Both are clueless.

14. Sunnyside422

July 6, 2010 at 1:19 PM

Never thought I’d admit I was rooting for Vienna, but have to say it! Fakey Jakey was a total jackass and if he thinks he improved people’s impression of him, think again! And now that his x-girlfriend has been chatting/trashing him also, is there anyone out there who feels he is a poor misunderstood slug!? NOT.

I agree Steve, Vienna’s combacks were spot on and dopey just sat there smerking! Too bad Vienna didn’t whirl on Chris for being a pompous dork also! What a total tool for the show!

And since Ali is not totally into anyone, I think Roberto would be a little more interesting (if just to look at!) than Chris or anyone else as next Bachelor. But maybe he’ll be smart and turn it down.

15. YoursTruly

July 6, 2010 at 1:32 PM

I thought the whole interview was pathetic. He sit there and only said anything when he could be a smart ass and she never shut up. I have always thought she was rude and the way she kept interrupting him was rude and I was glad he finally said something. I do not like either of them and am tired of seeing them. He didn’t have much to say so he obviously didn’t rehearse a good story to tell. My favorite parts of it was when she called him a fake liar and when she called him a fame whore and he laughed. I do not blame him for laughing! She is the one that went and sold her story for money and to get them back in the public! She said she didn’t have a voice which I did not understand, anyone who watched the bachelor and anytime they were seen after that can tell she was a big mouth lol!! Another thing that got on my nerves was when she was crying and moaning over her damn dog! IT IS A DOG!! there are kids in this country that have nothing or anyone and she is whining over a dog…WTF???? Jake is a fake person and you could tell he had nothing to say that made any sense! lol he didn’t have a script so he was lost. All he needs is a girl who will show up to be in front of cameras with him… not a wife!! They are both FAME WHORES!!

As far as the bachelorette… Ali was my favorite on the bachelor and I wish she would have picked Roberto or Chris. I really liked Ty, but I guess since I am from the country I would like him lol
    I wish she would have let Frank go along time ago anyways. He is strange and obsessive!!

16. bmoss

July 6, 2010 at 1:35 PM

Steve – so glad you like Chris – he is the most down to earth, normal guy to have been on the show for a while. So why can’t he be the next Bachelor? Too normal? Too hard to manipulate? It would be nice to see someone real for a change, even if he is a little nervous… I’m sorry but I think Roberto is really BORING ..

17. Cass

July 6, 2010 at 2:27 PM

The best thing about the interview last night was not Jake or Vienna at all. They were both rediculous! Why anyone would put themselves back on tv to show the world what kind of people they truly are boggles me. My favorite thing about the interview was Chris Harrison – he was at the top of his game. Since I agree with Steve that he has got to have one of the biggest joke jobs out there, he really hit it out of the ballpark with the interview. Both my husband and I were laughing and cheering Chris on as he was shutting both of them down repeatedly.

18. Artzilla

July 6, 2010 at 2:52 PM

I thought there was no way I could dislike Vienna any more, until I saw the interview last night. What a disaster. Her constant self victimization and yapping. Her attempt to defend running to the tabloids before she even broke up with him. Which, by the way, you don’t do if you’ve ever cared about someone other than yourself. Then attacking her hometown, followed by her storming backstage to replenish her glycerine tears, LOL. Jake needs to thank his lucky stars he is no longer with such a vindictive, selfcentered, spoiled, immature nagging pain in the ass like Vienna, and Vienna should feel hugely relieved she is no longer with that pursed-lipped, pompous idiot.

NEITHER ONE IS A VICTIM, the BOTH of them are colossal tools. Let’s hope they disappear from public view for good, despite Vienna remaining in the Los Angeles area because she hates it soooo much and is sooo over Hollywood. We already know Playboy wants nothing to do with her.

And Jake has been a huge, smarmy, sanctimonious phony for months, last night had nothing to do with it. Both of them have exhausted the public patience. Go far, far away, do mission work. Do something. Do it where no one will ever hear or see it.

I am very happy that Ali turned out to be the real winner after all from last season. She’s terrific.

19. jacquen123

July 6, 2010 at 2:54 PM

Vienna was an emotional wreck, but at least she had emotions! Jake is scuh a cold heartless jerk! I wanted her to smack that smerk right off his face. You hit it on the head Steve! Vienna did give examples I did tend to believe her. Jake was in it for the fame!

20. SCOOBER886

July 6, 2010 at 2:54 PM

The Jake and Vienna interview was one of the worse train wrecks I have ever seen. I couldn’t stand Vienna before, but now, like the others above, I just feel sorry for her. You could see that she was genuinely upset at how she had been treated. When someone is all over you for the first month or two of a relationship and then withdraws like he did, it is very painful. Vienna should open her eyes to see that what she is really upset about is just what she thought she had with Jake, and the ending of that “dream”. He is so obviously a passive-agressive jerk and a sociopath – he will never have a decent relationship with a woman. He made my skin crawl last night. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW – SCARY.

21. Lee

July 6, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Steve, I really enjoy the column, well written, good humor. Jake is a tool, a fake, and not a real man. He’s a wanna be actor that had better go back to his limo business. I’ve known for a long time he was not a full time commercial pilot, too long a story to get into. He acted a great deal for the cameras and the fans of the show and ABC bought it. Jaked played them all, including Vienna. She’s no angel and is immature but last night she sited examples and Jake sat there too dumb too respond.

As for Ali FATowski she lacks any depth, just another bottle blonde, playing the part. Does ABC have a clothing allowance for her? What a joke.

Looking forward to seeing Jessie Suldis on Bachelor Pad, smoking, raven haired hottie from Toronto as well as Gia. Here’s hoping Fake Jake is done with TV, what a loser!

22. Fletcher

July 6, 2010 at 2:56 PM

These comments are directed at “YoursTruly”: Hey jackass, what’s wrong with being upset over a sick dog? I have two dogs. I love them both & would be very upset if either became seriously ill. It’s called compassion. Your argument is ridiculous… You can’t be upset about that because this totally unrelated thing is happening in the world.

23. sparkly

July 6, 2010 at 3:22 PM

Enough with fat jokes already! There are plenty of non-superficial things to dislike about Ali that would make any argument seem more intelligent and thought out, such as her incessant giggling to cover up the fact that she has nothing interesting to say and can’t hold her end of a conversation. Or her lack of self-awareness, which is unfortunate when starring in a reality TV show, with your insecurities and neuroses laid bare for all to see. And oh yeah, let’s not forget what a total bitch she was on Jake’s season.

24. richard_christys_taint

July 6, 2010 at 3:29 PM

I think Jake is a douche too, but man, Vienna is soooo annoying. But what do you expect from a 23 year old girl? Listening to most 23 year olds (boys and girls) is just brutal. For the most part, they are dopes. Plus, she’s a Hooter’s waitress, which means she is even dumber. After getting sick of banging her, and actually having to talk to her, that’s what happens. She is in big trouble when her body starts to lose it’s luster. And how about her white trash dad? I can’t imagine spending all those holidays with that loser. Jake’s lucky he got out of it when he did.

25. my_4_girls

July 6, 2010 at 3:42 PM

LOVE your column every week…. good job again this week. I enjoyed watching the Jake/Vienna part last night too. I have totally changed my opinion of Jake since watching last night. It’s amazing what editing does for a person. Last night, there was no way to edit out how much of a jerk he is. Vienna did have a problem with interrupting him, but his responses were speaking loud & clear about who he is… a fame whore for sure!

Keep up the good work!

26. surrealtvfan

July 6, 2010 at 3:43 PM

Let me start by saying that I don’t like Jake and never have, and yes he did come off as a smarmy arrogant sob on the show last night, but Vienna has to be the most immature person that I have ever seen. If he was out for fame all along, why did he pick her in the first place. That hurt his reputation from the get go. Did he think that it made him look more suave because he picked the outcast girl that no one else liked. Seriously, I believe most of what she says but I don’t blame him for shutting her out. She is a spoiled brat that showed no level of maturity at all. We will never really know what happened (and probably don’t care) because Chris Harrison asked stupid questions and never got to the nitty gritty of anything. And by the way, we are all commenting on Jake and Vienna because Ali and her remaining beaus are BORING. At this point, I am tuning in solely to see the scenery of the places they visit. I don’t know why Ali would want any of those guys and I certainly don’t know why any one of them would be falling head over heels for her. What is this career crap, is she changing the world, healing the sick or did she have some clerk type job that she gave up for a few minutes of fame on tv. Really give me a break, make them all go away. Please!!

P.S. Frank reminds me of the neurotic husband on the show Modern Family. He looks like that actor and he has the same voice. Does anyone else think that too?

27. dr8834

July 6, 2010 at 3:44 PM

Has anyone noticed that Ali “fake” kisses all of these guys? I think the only guy that she has really kissed (on camera at least) and, not all the time is Roberto and MAYBE Frank, although I’ve rewinded and paused and can’t really tell. I watch this show purely for entertainment but if I didn’t read the spoilers I would think she ended up with Roberto. Sure the edit makes him seem quiet, but if you look at her she looks completely smitten and she’s all giggles and all over him. My second guess would have been Frank. You can tell that she at least liked him a lot. Now as a woman, I think I would’ve probably chosen to stay single too, especially after Frank being the second guy who left the show and so close to the end line. That would break any woman’s confidence and especially if she was lacking self confidence to begin with.

As far as Vienna and Jake. I get the feeling Jake is a “Fake.” I believe Vienna. Although I cannot imagine living with Vienna is a piece of cake either, the girl has her personality, however, like I said I choose to believe her side of the story.

Thanks for the updates Steve.

28. dr8834

July 6, 2010 at 3:47 PM

Oh btw Steve get off Roberto. He’s totally hot and you’re just hating lol

29. THEOC

July 6, 2010 at 4:01 PM

Long time reader, and one that often never posts – however I just couldn’t let my thoughts pass by on this one! My first thought or I should say my first observation with the ‘show down between J & V” was the douche bag host Chris H. I am shocked about the way he acted, he should be ashamed of himself, I always liked the guy and now, not so much! He used very poor judgment last night – if you ask me! Secondly, the editing… it’s clear they tried hard to make Vienne look like the crazy one, but I think it backed fired??? Thirdly, no one really knows what goes on behind closed doors, nonetheless Jake seemed to be running around town i.e dancing with the stars, on the red carpet here and there, professing his love for Vienne, (and come to find out they haven’t been a couple “so to speak” or as ‘one’ for over 6 months… what the heck… that would make any women go senseless if she was crazy about her man).

I really believe Vienne was in love with Jake, I think she was in it for all the ‘right’ reasons and I think Jake was in it for all the wrong reasons. I wanted to slap that stupid smirk off his face, Jake had the nerve to sits there like a cold fish, with a shameless smile on his face, and acts as if he has done nothing. My heart went out to Vienne. Jake is a cold hearted rat bastard that is seeking fame. He’s the classic control freak weirdo that doesn’t like sex with his women… Lmao, yeah right..what “MAN” doesn’t want sex (that says it all right there).

Sorry for the long winded post!

THE OC’

30. panthergirl

July 6, 2010 at 4:04 PM

Surrealtvfan: Jake picked Vienna because she was the most controversial girl on the show. Do you think if he picked Tenley we would have heard another word about him? Nope.

Vienna’s immature, for sure, but Jake is a complete ass. I’m so glad he showed his true colors, but seeing her crumble when he yelled at her was really quite sad. It was like watching a wife beater in action. Jake’s other high point? When he started to ridicule the fact that Vienna got a job, and then she explained that it’s with a charitable organization working with cancer patients. A real classy moment, Jake.

Chris Harrison was, to me, clearly favoring Jake. Why did he get to come out an speak alone first? Because Jake is “their guy”… Vienna is just collateral damage. Oh, and Chris? We do care about the dog.

31. Da Babe

July 6, 2010 at 4:20 PM

OMG Steve – you sooo rock. I know, you already know that. And so do your readers.

Frankly, I can’t get past Ali’s constant giggling. It’s so obvious that she is uncomfortable in the clothes, the extensions, the false eyelashes + makeup, and being with guys. Not that she’s gay but there’s no way she’s ready for any kind of relationship. I just can’t get past any of that let alone critique how she relates to these guys. And none of them are in it for a relationship either. Never saw such an obvious season where it’s basically a free groping series for a few months.

Didn’t watch Jake/Vienna but from the clips I’ve seen you would think he’s being interviewed with his constantly looking into the camera. Kinda how he takes a photo – it was never about looking at her (even with fake love in his eyes) but straight into the lens. Jake is so gonna go down just like his credibility did.

32. HeidiT

July 6, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Steve, you and I think too much alike it’s scary. I said the exact same thing to Chris Harrison’s comment “many people have found love..” I said you’ve had two weddings in 20 episodes how is that many people?” Idiots.

My thoughts on Jake and Vienna, Jake is and always will be a fame whore DBag who is an emotionless droid. I have a dog and Graycie and I didn’t care for their comments, I’d choose my dog over that DBAG any day, at least after a year the dog is still happy to see me when I came home. It’s called compassion Jake try looking it up. So Jake and Chris, we care about the dog, what we don’t care about are you.

Jake is just pissed that Vienna got to the tabloids before he did that’s all he cares about and that seemed to be his entire issue the big freaking baby. Vienna had every right to tell her side of the story and since they broke up didn’t need his permission, not like she aired his dirty laundry while still dating. Lastly to quote Brotha Fred this morning as Fake Jake, “DON’T INTERRUPT ME (when I’m about to come out of the closet).

Buh Bye Fake Jake and Vienna, honey find someone who’s got an ounce of emotion, you’re better off without him.

33. sweetness34

July 6, 2010 at 5:28 PM

The funny thing about Jake and his d-bag nature is that he didn’t have the smarts to even attempt to hide it. Not only did he have a cold demeanor, but he insults Vienna using the sick dog? Yeah, real smart to alienate a viewing audience loaded with pet owners. Jake’s publicist is probably wearing black and in mourning. He is so arrogant and narcissistic that he just thought everyone would side with him over Vienna. Obviously the ABC/Fleiss machine was trying to make Vienna look bad, so it’s great that it backfired

As for the Ali part, I have to agree it was boring. I find that through Ali’s season, I’m usually on the internet or switching channels. I don’t hate Ali, but she never appealed to me on Jake’s season and then I’m not down with the whiny voice like when she said goodbye to Ty. If she got rid of that, I’d like her 92% better. And once again, this is the reason why the next installment of the Bachelor or Bachelorette needs fresh blood and not a retread. I know some have mentioned on here that they like seeing someone they know, but it’s not worth it if the person doesn’t have the charisma or punch to pull it off.

Already I have to say poor Frank. He could have just done something annoying to get himself kicked off and then quietly reunited with Nicole at a later time. Instead he tells the producers straight up about her and plays into their grubby hands. Frank, Frank, Frank….you naive soul. Or maybe Frank is out for publicity too.

34. jillh426

July 6, 2010 at 5:46 PM

Vienna is immature. Most 23 year olds are, especially ones who have been spoiled by their parents. She is in the “it’s all about me” stage of her life.

It was obvious that she had feelings for Jake…poor girl. But I felt sorry for her. Based on their body language and what they said, you could tell that Vienna was being more truthful than Jake. Jake was contradicting himself all over the place. I can’t stand that guy. He needs to exit stage left and NOW!

He makes Jason look like a saint, doesn’t he?

35. lucinda97

July 6, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Haha, After last night I think it’s pretty ironic that according to Jake’s “Official” web site his specialty is “chivalry”, lol:

36. lvreality

July 6, 2010 at 5:51 PM

Chris Harrison is priceless…you can see him baiting them. Bet line of the night…”this is going to Hell in a handbasket!” LOLOLOLOLOL

37. Carrie

July 6, 2010 at 5:52 PM

By now I’m just reiterating other people’s sentiments, but here we go. When Jake was first on the Bachelorette w/ Jillian I actually bought his character. Now I think she was smart when she said he was “too perfect,” too good to be true. He’s a total fake. A pilot, really? He’s now been on how many reality TV shows? Notice that he broke up with her after DWTS AND landing a role on Drop Dead Diva. Yeah, that’s pretty transparent. I, like some of you, think he picked Vienna for two reasons– sex and increased ratings due to a controversial pick.

As for Vienna, I didn’t really like her on the Bachelor. I still find her obnoxious, but I at least believe what she’s saying. I think she genuinely liked the guy and was too young/immature/naive to see that he really wasn’t interested in her long-term.

Now on to Ali: I think she came across as “real” up until she left Jake on his episode. From that moment on, everything came across as super fake. I HATE that stupid fake pouty face she always does like “Oh this is so hard for me.” Please. She’s a REALLY bad actress.

38. Nordhorn

July 6, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Maybe I am biased because I always disliked Vienna, but I thought she came across terribly last night. It seemed to me that Jake had been beaten down by her constant whining, interrupting, and playing the victim. It seemed to me like he had just given up and knew it was hopeless.
    But here is the thing…Vienna told Jake from DAY ONE that she was a spoiled, “Daddy’s” Princess. How did it come as a surprise to him that she turned out to be EXACTLY what she said she was??? *boggle*
    And no one has mentioned when Jake was trying to speak and he called her “baby” by mistake. That says to me that he did at one time have feelings for her. I think her constant need for everything to be all about Vienna broke him down.

As to the Ali show, which was pretty much a big yawn…the thing I found the funniest, which I also haven’t seen mentioned, was when Ty said he was “tickled” that Ali wants a career. 😐
    TICKLED.
    Could that have been any more condescending? “oh you adorable little woman with your cute little job! It just tickles me!”
    Ali actually repeated it, and I think it might have been the final nail in the Ty-vinist pig coffin.

And Ali’s weight gain is the elephant (hee) in the room that no one (on the show) is mentioning. The guys have GOT to notice. Every previous Bachelorette has had a whole lot of bikini camera time. Not so for Ali. They are doing everything possible to keep her as covered as they can. She started the season much heavier than she was last season…I sort of wonder if she starved herself to be thin enough for Jake’s Bachelor season and has screwed up her metabolism and now is gaining weight very easily.
    Not that she is “fat”…she is still a normal sized girl, but it is noticable that she is not what is usually cast on these kind of programs.

39. JLBWorld

July 6, 2010 at 8:10 PM

Steve that was the most bizarre episode of any Bach/Bachlorette show ever! After watching Ali and how uncomfortable she seemed to be and how she seemed to be stressing out so much on her dates so much so she was not even enjoyable to watch, I absolutely believe that you are right Steve and she picks nobody. She seemed more into some of the guys a couple of weeks ago. Now for me it is almost painful to watch her struggle. So it would add up that she is still single. And after Monday how could Chris jump from a friend to one of the last two? That makes no sense. He is a nice guy but he is no where ready to commit. And while I began with this really loving Roberto the relationship with Ali and Roberto has not progressed beyond the physical and it seems very empty. I wont even mention Frank because that whole deal with Nicole is pathetic and so wrong.

As for Jake & Vienna… sure she is annoying in some ways but Jake treated her it seems like crap after the cameras stopped rolling and no wonder she had several months to get off her chest. I have not like Jake since that little coming back and telling on Wes, it is so obvious that he did all this for publicity. And I thought I would crack up when Vienna managed to get out quite a few little truths like how he is not a real pilot and him being a media whore… good for you Vienna.

What is even more amazing though is that they devoted 40 or so minutes to a pathetic breakup when we are down to Ali’s final 5 and the footage was so uninteresting they figured the breakup was better. Hey Steve that should tell us all that Ali is still single and this whole season has been a total waste of time.

40. mck04

July 6, 2010 at 8:20 PM

I have read Reality Steve for a long time, but never posted. Just a couple of comments–
    1) I like the way you pointed out that Ali was so scared of flying on the last episode, now she is not only Trotting the Globe, but going on helicopter rides…what an act that was.
    2) I agree with another Poster–I think Ali is selfish. She is only in it for the money and travel…I don’t think she gives a rip about any of these guys except maybe some physical attraction.
    3) I feels sorry for Chris who seems like a decent guy with some feelings…
    4) Oh my Gosh! I can’t believe I liked Jake during Jillian’s Season–what a control freak!! Tenley has got to be thanking God EVERY NIGHT!
    5) Vienna, although coming off better than Jake, was still not in this think just for L-O-V-E. This girl wanted the fame too…I think she thought Jake was in-love with her and thought she was in the driver’s seat and was very frustrated to find out otherwise.

41. BBrown1052

July 6, 2010 at 8:24 PM

I am horrified that I thought Jake was a good guy during Jillian’s season. And you’re right, Steve–even though Vienna was not anyone’s choice for him, at least she has guts, which I can definitey confirm now that he does NOT. And I’m really with you on TEAM JAKE AND VIENNA GO AWAY!” Geez! I am sick of hearing about them. How many people caught his gloating instead of his acting as if he were complaining about being on 5 magazine covers? Puruse a career in acting??? Is that what she said he wants to do? Puh-lease. That would be a NO-watcher! And Chris H. is making me sicker by the day, too.

42. BBrown1052

July 6, 2010 at 8:25 PM

I’m sure someone else has posted this, but it’s TRISTA and RYAN–not Jason.

43. Teresa

July 6, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Jake reminded me last night of my ex-husband who was also from Texas. I just wanted to slap that smug arrogant look off his face last night. And I never was a fan of Vienna, but she obviously cared more for him than he did for her.

The deal where he hasn’t flown for a year means he doesn’t have a current pilot’s license (certificate) then. My husband is a pilot and he has to fly so many hours a year to keep current and retain his pilot’s status. If what Vienna said is true, he could not possibly have flown “last Thursday” like he smugly stated because he wouldn’t be allowed to fly.

44. CS1972

July 6, 2010 at 8:58 PM

Ok, first things first: I am a super-jaded reality show addict. But I really do like Roberto and Chris. Ali is really insecure. I hated her outfits last night. She’s worn nicer dresses to earlier rose ceremonies then she wears that piece of shite? I think she is pretty and not fat, she did say she gained weight on the show, but still, not fat people. Not even close. And if Roberto is going to be the next Bachelor, I am going to be pissed, because they had an open call for gals for the next season. I didn’t go because I had a boyfriend. Who I broke up with last night. Yes, I would go through all that ABC crap to make out with Roberto.

Jake and Vienna: Not much to say that has already been said. She was annoying with the interrupting, and has a lot of growing up to do. However, he was a total, complete, controlling, lying, cold-hearted ass with anger issues. If you haven’t lived with someone like that, it may be hard to understand just how crazy it can make a person, so I wasn’t so much annoyed by Vienna as much as I felt her frustration and need to expose Jake for the snake he is.
    Also, it made me think back to Jillian’s season, when Jake came back to warn her about Wes. And then crying all over the hotel balcony. I wonder now if he was thinking “Oh hell yeah- I’m one step closer to being the next Bachelor!”

As for Chris H. and the dog comment. My dog thinks you’re a good host. For her to poop on!

45. anonymousfan

July 6, 2010 at 9:14 PM

Steve, Can I just say THANK YOU for the first 2 points you make abt Vienna. that is EXACTLY what I was thinking as I watched the show. too bad you already exist or I could be making money off of these people. I have always disliked Vienna, but I actually felt sorry for her last night. Even w/her insanely annoying habit of interrupting. Jake looked like an ass. And an idiot. Does he really think by staying *eerily* calm and collected he’s looking like the “bigger” person? Yikes, he’s abt to blow. I can’t believe either of them even let the tape measure and GPS subjects even come up on TV. How embarrassing for either of them regardless of whose at fault for anything? And why we have yet to hear any of these contestants go off on Chris Harrison is beyond me. In Vienna’s words, he’s the “biggest fake liar…..” haha. no, not really .he really is a liar.
    i’m so curious what his reactions are as he reads your column. Surely, he must. Right? 🙂 Keep doing the good work. You are the only reason I admit to anyone that I watch this show. Well, your column and hearing the famous Kasey phrase “guard and protect your heart”. I’m contemplating a tattoo…….. 🙂

46. cellardoor1116

July 6, 2010 at 9:22 PM

BBrown- Steve definitely knows Trista is married to Ryan- I think he wrote Trista and Jason because they are the two contestants who have gotten married from this show. Not to each OTHER- Trista to Ryan and Jason to Molly.

Oh Reality Steve, I want to hate you because you’re a bit self aggrandizing and occasionally pompous but you’ve lured me in week after week these last four seasons. Sigh. Thanks for making me giggle.

Though I don’t quite get the “Denni” bracelet snipe? Chris articulated his s’s quite clearly each time he said Dennis. Man. My only experience with Dennis was having a huge could’ve-been-life-threatening car accident on a highway at the Dennis exit. Why wasn’t there a hot guy like Chris to swoop in and save me with a Dennis bracelet and some flip cup?! (though… I guess flip cup would have been a bit counter productive…)

47. cellardoor1116

July 6, 2010 at 9:23 PM

p.s. I agree with you about Jake and Vienna- Jake is a jerk, Vienna was annoying but actually seemed to have a point, and I’m solidly in the “Can you two please go away now?!” camp… oof.

48. coffeetx

July 6, 2010 at 9:28 PM

I don’t count Molly and Jason as a success story for this show b/c he didn’t pick her. If he had picked her then it would have counted but he picked Melissa and Molly was just an afterthought. So it doesn’t count. I don’t care if they stay married for 1000 years and live happily ever after. They just don’t count as a success story for this show. As far as I am concerned, Trista and Ryan remain the only success story.

49. Wolf Goddess

July 6, 2010 at 9:52 PM

~My “fave” is still Chris..but the constant “too little-too late” comments from Ali are a dead give-a-way as to his fate..~

~As for the Jake-Vienna “circus”..I would much rather hear more about “the” dog as Chris Harrison put it..me thinks Chloe has more “intelligence” and “class” than Vienna & Jake combined…~

50. Witty

July 6, 2010 at 10:03 PM

Um did anyone notice that Chris Harrison really tried to bash on Vienna and help out Jake? It was pretty obvious where their loyalty lies. Vienna was annoying with her interrupting, but after spending the time with Jake and knowing who he REALLY is, she was just chomping at the bit to tell us all. Her emotions were not in check and I guess that is what happens when you fall in love with a con and have your dreams smashed to pieces. Jake is such a phony and I thought he was such a transparent a$$ last night. If I was Vienna I probably would have been spilling over with verbal babble about what a loser he really was too! Jake always seemed like a complete jerk, that is why I fell in love with the realitysteve website to begin with, Steve called it. I am sick of Chris Harrison too! He knows what a total moron Jake is but he and the show try to deflect that so they won’t look bad picking such a sh#* for the bachelor. Failed try.