Bachelor Pad

Bachelor Pad Recap – 8/9/10

I like Tenley. I really do. But she couldn’t possibly have been any more annoying if she tried last night. I’m getting asked, “Didn’t these people know who was gonna be on the show?” Well, sort of. I mean, most of them talk outside the show. They knew who had been interviewed to come on, and who had done their STD and psych evaluation that they all have to do. So yeah, they had an idea, but not until people walked through the door was it confirmed. That being said, Tenley screaming like a 5 year old every time she saw one of her friends was completely overdone. She probably just saw them the week prior and had an idea they’d be on the show, so her acting as if she was completely stunned and surprised was ridiculous. Not to mention incredibly annoying.

Ohhhhh, Natalie. That girl is just boy crazy. Best way to put it. She saw Jesse Beck walk through the door and says, “He’s quite possibly the most gorgeous male I’ve seen on this planet”. Really? A little much on the hyperbole, Natalie. I guess maybe because I’m 35 now and it’s not really my scene, but acting that way in general probably isn’t how you want to portray yourself. Now having it shown on national television every week? Hey, it’s their life, they can act however they want, but good God, show a little self-respect. I’m glad to know that women objectify guys just as much as guys objectify women. Did any of the guys or girls comments on any of the other ones personalities or morals or anything like that? Nope. It was pretty much, “Oh my God, he’s like, the hottest thing ever.” Hey, at least this show doesn’t hide it. It’s all out there for everyone to see. Girls like hot guys. Guys like hot girls. It’s just the way these people act around each other is mind boggling. Control yourselves.

I’m glad Gwen is having such an issue with her age. When People.com first released the full “Bachelor Pad” cast list with bios (A day after I gave you the full cast list, thank you), I remember it saying that Gwen was 39. However on the show last night, it has ?? after her name, and if you go on the “Bachelor Pad” website, she’s the only contestant that it doesn’t have an age for. Ummmm Gwen, you do realize you have an IMDB page that states you were born March 2nd, 1971 in Buffalo, NY don’t you? You’re 39. Deal with it.

I guess one thing I was surprised about was how the Nikki and Juan story was brought to the forefront. I’m guessing Nikki can’t be too thrilled that they had Natalie saying, “Yeah, Juan flew to Chicago and slept with Nikki because he needed a place to stay, and he pretty much knew that’s what he had to do.” Ouch. I mean, it’s one thing to say Juan and Nikki dated for a bit and then on one of the cruises he hooked up with someone else right in front of her, but for Natalie to just blab about how she gave it up to him and it was a big deal to her, etc, yeah probably not the story Nikki wanted out there. Sucks for her. Is the story true? 100% it’s true. Juan visited Nikki in Chicago for the weekend, they knocked it out, and then it basically went downhill from there. Hey, things happen. But once again, you go on this show, you better expect things to get exposed. Nikki just probably didn’t think it’d be Natalie that’d tell everyone what happened between them.

I guess it looks like Elizabeth Kitt is our resident lunatic this season. Holy crap. “I’ve been crushing on Kovacs since the day I met him.” Truer words have never been spoken. She sure was. They met on the Breckenridge reunion. And to say they hit it off rather quickly would be an understatement. Since I don’t know and have never spoken to either Elizabeth or Jesse in my life, I will spare them the embarrassment of explaining to everyone what happened that weekend. Just know that the stories that have come out of Breckenridge have become legendary. They know what happened, others know what happened, others witnessed what happened, and we’ll leave it at that. Put it this way, nothing you see on the “Bachelor Pad” this season will even come close to comparing what went on that weekend.

1. Lucetto

August 12, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Hum, I cant wait to see that double wedding show !!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Bernie

August 12, 2010 at 3:05 PM

Ok, so here’s a nugget. My sister lives with a friend of Tenley’s and my sisters roommate is EXACTLY like Tenley and no one can stand her. (my sis had no idea prior to the move in). So as I’m watching last night all I could think was OMG this DOES NOT surprise me. Mine as well call Tenley Ariel for now on because her MO is going to be “rescue me” all through this show. Jesus H Nipples.

3. sarahkate

August 12, 2010 at 6:27 PM

This is my first time commenting but I have been reading for a while! I have at least been reading since Jason’s season because I remember my best friend talking about the show and I already knew what was going to happen thanks to you! I don’t mind the spoilers – I love knowing what is going to happen and then seeing it play out on the show.

As for the bachelor pad – I think it is exactly what I thought it would be and I don’t know why so many people get so mad about it. If you don’t like the show, turn it off! Don’t come to a blog and bitch about it!

The problem is, no one will ever really know what Elizabeth or Tenley are like in real life (except those that know them personally) so it is hard to judge. They can make someone appear a certain way very easily when they want. I still tend to think Tenley is a nice person, if not overbearing. I always thought Elizabeth was vapid and self centered (sorry, but I can’t help but think that with any woman who has breast implants) and now she just looks crazy and stalker-ish. And the hair color does her no favors.

Anyway, just wanted to say I love the blog and always will as long as it exists!

4. sweetness34

August 13, 2010 at 8:09 AM

I have mixed feelings on Tenley. She was over the top with the jumping up and down, but she also had some comedic moments that made me laugh.

Agree on Elizabeth’s hair. That’s such a tragedy–go back to dark brunette! It reminds me of Britney Spears, who needs to go back to a pretty brown and Lindsay Lohan, who needs to embrace the red.

I hadn’t watched Jillian’s season, so I have to say that this was my first exposure to some of those guys. Kiptyn may be one of the hottest guys to ever grace this show. Wow….

5. hazelleosu

August 14, 2010 at 6:58 PM

I’m pretty sure the reason Melissa Rycroft is involved is not because Chris Harrison can’t handle the number of contestants. Most likely ABC thought it would be gay to have Chris Harrison pinning roses on the guys. Hence, Melissa Rycroft.

6. soapmoser

August 14, 2010 at 11:14 PM

What about Tenley’s secret smile face after Elizabeth said they would vote out Psycho Michelle? It was like Ralphie’s in “A Christmas Story” when his mother bought his lie about the icicle after the BB gun almost put his eye out. All that was missing was the little cartoon twinkly star in her eye.