Bachelor Pad

Bachelor Pad Recap – 8/9/10

For all your “Bachelor Pad” spoilers, click on the link at the top of the page under the banner. They were originally all posted in June, then got a few updates to them that I added in July. So yes, apparently I do have sources that know what they’re talking about. Ha ha. Sorry, ABC. You’ve been done again.

First things first, I want to mention that tonight I will be a guest on Olivia Wilder’s internet talk show at 9:00pm EST. Mostly talking about “Bachelor Pad”, tying up some loose ends on the “Bachelorette”, and briefly giving an update on the dating “contest” currently still going on. Check back to the site later tonight for the link to listen to the interview, and feel free to call in with any questions or comments you may have. The last one went for two hours. I can’t imagine tonight’s will go that long, so try and get in if you can.

I want to address the #1 question I’ve gotten on email regarding “Bachelor Pad” and that is, “If Wes was so pissed at the show for his editing on the ‘Bachelorette’, why would he agree to do ‘Bachelor Pad’?” It’s really a simple answer, and one that I’ve already brought up in this column numerous times before, but in case you missed it, here it is again. Even though it’s produced by ABC/Next Entertainment/Warner Horizon and has the same film crew and producers as the “Bachelor/ette”, this is a completely different show. On the “Bachelorette”, Wes had no idea what he was getting himself in to, and basically it was a 1-in-25 chance to end up in a failed relationship. It turned out horribly for him as we saw, he ripped the show, the show ripped him, etc. The “Bachelor Pad” was a 1-in-19 chance to win $250,000 and possibly hook up with girls. Why would he pass that up? Those are two completely different animals. Take a two week vacation in a mansion with money on the line and 11 chicks running around the place half naked all the time you’re telling me is the same as the “Bachelorette”? Not quite. If the guy somehow showed up on the next season of the “Bachelorette”, then sure that’d be ridiculously hypocritical, but that’s never going to happen. But who wouldn’t want to go on “Bachelor Pad” at this point? Every single one of those 19 contestants last night jumped at the chance to be on this show. And I don’t blame them. I don’t see how anyone could possibly compare the two shows. The object and premise behind them couldn’t be more different.

As for last night’s show itself, this is definitely going to be a different column than the “Bachelor/ette” ones. After watching, you can pretty much see that this show isn’t hiding any of the sexual tension or cattiness in the house. It’s encouraged. Probably why this show is much more entertaining than the “Bachelor/ette”. That shows tries to give you this false sense of “we’re trying to find two people to fall in love” blah blah blah. “Bachelor Pad” is pretty straight forward and to the point: Look, these people are gonna drink, they’re gonna hook up, they’re gonna backstab, there’s gonna be drama, and there’s a cash prize at stake. Have at it. So in that respect, I enjoy the “Bachelor Pad” more. Doesn’t mean it’s not without it’s ridiculousness, because it is, but it’s just much more enjoyable to watch. Was anybody honestly surprised at anything they saw last night? It’s pretty much exactly what you expected it to be, right? If not, it should’ve been. I laid out in the spoilers who was gonna hook up with who and when, and you can see the editing already leaning you in that direction.

I still find it funny that when we do get down to the final eight (four couples), it’s pretty much who everyone expected it to be when the show first started, outside of maybe the Jesse Beck and Peyton pairing, which develops a little later on. But other than that, I don’t anyone is surprised Dave and Natalie, Kiptyn and Tenley, and Jesse and Elizabeth were the other remaining three couples. I don’t know what the others mentality in the house was going in, and even though a couple of them brought it up last night saying, “We should split some of these couples up”, it never happened. So even though Chris Harrison and Melissa want to say in all their interviews that people really started playing the game, they didn’t. If they did, they wouldn’t have let Kiptyn and Tenley stay in the game as long as they did, since everyone and their mothers from the minute this show was announced figured those two would either win or get to the end, and that was before anyone even knew what the show would be about.

However, it’s obvious that the show slanted the odds towards the people they wanted to stick around for a while. In the previews for next week, they showed a couple of the girls talking about the “Insiders vs the Outsiders”. That’s basically all the people that already know each other and go on these reunion group orgies together being the “Insiders” vs all the others who never attend these things. I mean, when Natalie, Dave, Nikki, Tenley, Kiptyn, Jesse, and Elizabeth are all buddy buddy outside the show and hang out together, are we honestly expected to think that people like Krisily or Gwen or Michelle or Jessie stood a chance in this game? So in that aspect, the show knew exactly what they were doing when they cast the people they did. They wanted to make you think there’d be all this random hooking up between people from different seasons, but there really wasn’t. Everyone stuck to their allegiances and they pretty much got the final eight that they expected.

I love how Chris at the beginning of the show tried to play off the fact that he needed a co-host because he couldn’t possibly handle all 19 of them by himself. Uh huh. Sure Chris. You do realize that on the “Bachelor/ette”, you’re handling 26 people. And last time I checked, 26 is more than 19. Not to mention on this show, all you’re doing is the same exact thing you do on the other show – bang a wine glass, introduce challenges, and be present at the elimination ceremony. Honestly, did Melissa add anything to the show last night that Chris couldn’t have done himself? You mean he couldn’t take his index finger and spin the arrow around on the Twister card? It was another paycheck for Melissa and she took it. She’s gonna ride this out for as long as she can. I don’t fault her, but just don’t make it seem like she actually NEEDED to be a part of this show. She didn’t.

Ok, here are my thoughts about the actual show…

1. Namastemelly

August 10, 2010 at 10:32 AM

Steve….what have you heard about Jesse and Ann’s engagement. I heard they got engaged on some island on Lake Eerie. Curious what you know about it!!!!

2. adw7984

August 10, 2010 at 10:45 AM

Okay – now I want to know the rumors about Jesse and Elizabeth. WAy to lead us on Steve!

3. Lucetto

August 10, 2010 at 11:08 AM

hahahahahaha ya I noticed Jessy picking up the table, I found it funny also. Great Bachelor pad recap !!!

4. PeggyHarrisonVA

August 10, 2010 at 11:19 AM

I agree that this show is much more entertaining than The Bachelor/ette. Therefore, I find the spoilers don’t spoil much. It’s not about who goes, it’s about how they get there, we need to see it for ourselves. And no need to feel sorry for anyone, they’ve been through it before, they know what they’re signing up for. Good job producers.

5. mja

August 10, 2010 at 11:33 AM

First about Tenley — I didn’t watch most of Jake’s season, except the last episode. And, while I’ve read that Tenley is the heroine of that season in many people’s eyes, I’m not invested in it. I thought last night she was one of the most annoying people in the house. Yes, her screaming all the time was bad, but there was just something else about her attitude I didn’t like. Perhaps that she seemed to be some kind of leader of the “In crowd” of women? I’m not sure yet… Actually, so far I like Natalie the best. Surprising, because I didn’t care for her in Jason’s season.

Does anybody know why Gwen was asked to be on the show? It’s kind of odd to have her, just a little older than some of the oldest of the men, and much older than some of the women. Were they hoping for a cougar type of situation to develop? She was on season 2 of the Bachelor, and I wasn’t watching it then and don’t remember her at all. Her edit on Bachelor Pad is showing her as just a regular normal person… but she must have been more of a personality back on the Bachelor show? I did think it was a little extreme when somebody (The Weatherman?) said she was like a mother figure. Come on — she’s not that old!

6. iheartdavegood

August 10, 2010 at 11:49 AM

We are going to need the details about the Breckenridge trip ASAP. You can’t lead us on like that…

7. CaliGirl

August 10, 2010 at 12:04 PM

Did anyone else notice that when Wes came out of the limo and greeted Chris Harrison, he said “what’s up negro??” It looked like Chris was trying not to laugh and I’m surprised ABC didn’t edit that out.

8. mommyof2

August 10, 2010 at 12:07 PM

YOu have to tell us about the Breckinridge trip. I haven’t heard the rumors, so I’ve got to know! I agree that elizabeth looked crazy trying to blackmail Jesse into showing her more affection. I’m actually surprsed they’re still together. He didn’t seem at all interested in her in last night’s episode.

Oh, and my husband and I both commented on the fact that we’re surprised that Jessie didn’t get much air time in Jake’s season; she is by far the prettiest and spunkiest girl there. I laughed when she brought the entire table in the room as well.

I’m glad Michelle and Juan are gone. My husband and I are actually finidng the Weatherman quite entertaining on this show. He kind of adds some comic relief to the show; kinda like the wedding planner in that Bethenny Getting Married show.

9. mommyof2

August 10, 2010 at 12:09 PM

To CaliGirl..
    Wes said, “What’s up, Amigo?” to Chris Harrison. “Amigo” is Spanish for “friend”.

10. Canadian Mommy

August 10, 2010 at 12:18 PM

I think Wes actually said Michelle, although crazy as she is, had the best body in the house.

Tenley drove both myself and my husband crazy. The screaming, crying – I mean seriously. I also think there is more to her than meets the eye. I really believe she is much more manipulative than people think.

Elizabeth is Queen Nutso. Trying to blackmail and threaten a guy to love her? I mean is she really that desperate?! Embarrasing!

I adore Gia and will be sorry to see her go as per your spoilers. I did not care for David in Jillians season but he is growing on me.

Thanks for another great blog Steve πŸ™‚

11. Namastemelly

August 10, 2010 at 12:28 PM

I just heard the Deanna Pappas announced engagement too. The same day Jesse did kind of odd!!!!

12. quesara

August 10, 2010 at 12:39 PM

I am with you Steve, on the entertainment factor here. Last nights show was more entertaining than Ali’s entire season of the Bachelorette!
    Elizabeth is more insane than ever. I think she might even be crazier than crazy Michele! Kovacs need to run fast and run far, unless he was somehow in on that whole thing last night. Threats and bribes for affection????OMG She was about to go fatal attraction on him.
    I could not stand Dave Good before, maybe cuz he was a blathering drunk the whole time with Jillian, but…dayum, does he have a hot body.
    As far as the Michele and Tenley situation, it sounded like she held the door shut and Tenley could not get out. I can imagine that freaked out little bambi Tenley and I am sure she had never been called those names before in her life!

13. CaliGirl

August 10, 2010 at 12:44 PM

Mommyof2: Okay good, glad I was wrong. I even rewound it and listened again and it still sounded like “negro”, but I’m glad he didn’t say that. And I’m aware of what “amogo” means! lol

14. CaliGirl

August 10, 2010 at 12:44 PM

^^ “amigo”. my bad.

15. lalala

August 10, 2010 at 12:50 PM

is it just me or does Jessie look like a girl version of Ty from Ali’s season of the Bachelorette?!

i can’t see how Jessie has the “best body in the house.” honestly, she has a little teenager’s body. you’re probably only saying that because of the shots in the twister game. I mean was that even necessary???

Why don’t they ever do close ups and zoom in on the guys’ bodies! it’s no fair for us girls who want to see some hot men on the show geez!

16. Fergie

August 10, 2010 at 1:56 PM

Weatherman had the best quote of the night, and it was on Crazy Michelle:

“Besides, how do you put a rose on a straight jacket?”

Gold.

17. Sunnyside422

August 10, 2010 at 2:38 PM

Loved the Weatherman’s take on Michelle too! He is definitely there for comic relief…can’t see anyone getting cozy with him.

Tenley is sadly annoying. I thought she was sweet and cute on Jake’s season, but now wonder where her head is! And she so wants Kiptyn (as I do!). He is still adorable and hope he doesn’t make an ass of himself as the show progresses.

Definitely a racy show with lots of skin.

Poor Elizabeth wants Jesse at all costs…bribing him…come on girl have some pride. Being a man’s doormat is not attractive. Wonder if her parents are proud of the child they raised! And Jesse is so not good looking…geez get a grip girl. Unless he is has other attributes we can’t see! (ahem).

18. socalgirlie

August 10, 2010 at 2:44 PM

You know Steve, regarding last nights episode, I think Tenley is the fakest person ever! I can’t stand her and I think she’s just a manipulating wh0re!! Last night was a great example of who she really is. Tenley can claim she’s this Christian, but everyone knows to claim something and act is completely different. I know you associate with her friends. But I guarantee they can even vouch that Tenley is the first person to talk bad behind anyones back!! Anyone!!! Kristen perino her stylest. Tenely hated her, tenley always talked bad about her. I think its finally coming out all of her skeletons. All the bashing about her on the website telling who she is. Tenley is the devil in disguise.

19. realitystevecomment

August 10, 2010 at 3:20 PM

First of all keep your head up realitysteve. Everyone is saying how you got hoodwinked and used by MF and it’s true that you messed up a large part of the season by saying Ali didn’t pick anyone but I think your spoilers are by and large still reliable.

It cracks me up though your lapses of clear logical judgment. For example, you really think it’s Gwen who’s having issues with her age? Do you honestly think she sneaks into the production offices at night and puts ??? over her age lolol? Maybe it’s just the production team itself thinks it’s more fun to put ??? rather than an old ass date? You think that Gwen and the rest of the contestants 1)have the access to change graphics on the show 2)the technical skills to hack ABC’s website to change their age. You give us all these spoilers and talk about being clearheadedly skeptical about how the show is manufactured then confuse what you see on the screen with what the contestants are doing. Ooops lol it’s okay we all have brainfarts, I bet you wish you could have that paragraph rant back though hehe.

As for why Wes would go on the show? Well obviously he didn’t have any better options. If he could have gotten paid a few thousand by doing a gig he’d probably have done that himself instead of swallowing his pride and going back to Fleiss with his hat in his hand for another shot.

20. anwales

August 10, 2010 at 3:24 PM

Steve- great commentary as usual! I have a few comments on last nights episode as well. First off, I’m wondering how anyone can watch these people on the Bachelor/ette and then on Bachelor Pad and STILL think that ABC does not concoct storylines and edit people to create characters. I think Tenley and Elizabeth are two of the biggest examples of this fact (along with the mountain of evidence in your interviews and from your sources, but for arguments sake here πŸ˜‰ Elizabeth wouldn’t even let Jake kiss her when she was competing for “his love” on the Bachelor, yet she’s ready and willing to tongue rape Craig M, whom she “hates”, in order to get the safety rose. I can’t say either that she got the best edit on the Bachelor, but she certainly didn’t come across as loco as she does on B.P. The fact that her and Kovacs are still together now tells me ABC’s editing is also directly responsible for her new public image as a psychopath. That, or Kovacs has a death wish because she looked last night like she was ready to eat him.

And Tenley… UGH. Why did they have to invite her back??? I couldn’t stand her during Jake’s season and still can’t. I’m amazed ABC doesn’t still have her playing her DIVORCE card. Anyways, here she is with Jake, this wounded little rainbow-shi**ing puppy (Thanks Vienna!) and yet on B.P. she’s ready to get down and dirty with Kiptyn the second he walks in the door and is twisting herself into a human pretzel on the Twister orgy board. They should have added another guy in her place for the amount of screaming that came out of her mouth last night- it’d certainly mix up the ratio a little bit and I’m sure they could have found someone who could create more drama than sobbing after a bathroom confrontation like a 7 year old.

Also, Breckenridge- DO TELL!!! πŸ˜‰

21. addicted2trainwrecks

August 10, 2010 at 3:45 PM

Steve,

I too laughed out loud when she picked up the table with the date card. Silly me, I said to myself, I bet there is a challenge that has to do with the table ….why else would she take it inside??
    Couldn’t have been more wrong…she is just a few tools short!!

22. Lucetto

August 10, 2010 at 4:05 PM

I like Tenley, but I do have to admit she went a little bit overboard last night with her laughing and her crying !!!! WIth that said, I’m still happy she ends up with Kiptyn !! I think they will make a cute and honest couple !!!

23. Cndgirl

August 10, 2010 at 4:59 PM

Did I miss something – or was there no offer to go to the fantasy suite? In the spoiler it says they say no – but I don’t remember seeing them given the option of going?

And yeah, I agree with realitystevecomment – I think after they’ve got 4 or 5 episodes in the can, they decide what kind of characters these folks will be, and then use all the right clips and editing to show that. All those times Elizabeth said she loved Kovacs? Maybe he was saying it back. Who knows.

But I tell ya – made for fun tv. Anytime I find myself yelling at one of these reality tv folks for their stupidity – well, that’s just entertaining!

Jessie and the table was funny – she was probably too drunk to realize to only take the card – there was aaalllooottt of booze drunk last nite…

24. socalgirlie

August 10, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Tenley is trash and proved it last night. Tenley is beyond fake and deserves nothing good in life. I thought it was pretty funny how she came off in Jake’s season as a good girl but was willing to open her vagina to Kiptyn so easily. Watch out Kip you got a gold diggin hoe coming your way!!

25. Cndgirl

August 10, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Oh – and did anyone notice Wes saying to Chris as he goes into the house ‘ya know Chris, they say love don’t come easy’ – I thought that was hilarious and worth a mentioned – ripped off his very own song. I appreciated his humour about himself…

26. reagak

August 10, 2010 at 6:26 PM

Steve, as always, your comments made me laugh. I too feel this show is far more entertaining than the Bachelor/ette!

27. Penthe

August 10, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Steve I purposefully NOT read the spoiler section of the blog because I don’t want to know who gets eliminated ( I dont care to know the outcome of Bachelor/Bachelorette) but like Survivor I really try and avoid the week to week spoiler eliminations. Would it be possible to not include them in your blog and just keep them in a separate part like they are now?

I’m kinda sad now I know Jessie gets evicted next week.. I was avoiding this kind of info ever since you published them hehe.
    Thanks anyway!

28. sparkly

August 10, 2010 at 7:22 PM

wow, that was infinitely more entertaining than the regular bachelor/ette show.

elizabeth is the biggest game-player i have ever seen, and jesse is apparently an idiot, because he is totally buying what she is selling. she must have a magic hoo-hah or something. she was so awful i was actually rooting for craig, who i dislike and think is only capable of being in love with his hair. he only picked elizabeth for the date because she was a “challenge” and i’m glad he ultimately didn’t fall for her crap.

also, tenley is ΓΌber-annoying, melissa looked weird, natalie is fug, and weatherman had the best lines of the night. i love how the ITMs show his name as Weatherman instead of Jonathan. and who knew juan was a turd? maybe man-code dave had him pegged correctly all along…

29. bdette17

August 10, 2010 at 8:50 PM

Why is everyone giving Tenley so much crap? I thought she was sweet in Jake’s season of the Bachelor and I still like her. Sure she has her moments, but so does everyone. And I bet the producers were trying to edit her to seem that way as well. So whatever, I’m still on her side. I also love Gia, she’s always had a great personality. πŸ™‚

30. liz897

August 10, 2010 at 9:49 PM

Steve, spot on comments, as always! This show is total trash, but now I bet I will end up watching it! Tenley–could there be a bigger whiny baby? Elizabeth–new psycho in residence.

31. mja

August 11, 2010 at 5:42 AM

“i was actually rooting for craig, who i dislike and think is only capable of being in love with his hair.”

Great comment, sparkly! πŸ™‚

32. JenG

August 11, 2010 at 7:58 AM

Has anyone mentioned that Elizabeth is really 37??? Now, she looks good for pushing 40, but 30? I always suspected that she was older… because she looks older than the 29 she claimed to be on The Bachelor and now 30 on The Bachelor Pad. Don’t producers look into this? It took me 2 seconds to find this on Intelius. And, Gwen is 39…but at least she doesn’t give a fake age…just no age at all.

33. JustJenna

August 11, 2010 at 8:20 AM

@socalgirlie, do you have to spew such venom? Saying someone deserves nothing good in life is a little over the top.

@RealitySteve — I like your recaps but I prefer not to know the spoilers – Since they have their own section, could you just leave them out of your recaps? Thanks.

34. Jamie32114

August 11, 2010 at 9:02 AM

I agree about Tenley, she came across as a huge B*tch! And I have to comment on Craig’s pants/capris?? He wore those white ankle length pants and for the elimination was in a darker pair.. not very attractive..

35. CaliGirl

August 11, 2010 at 9:26 AM

Socalgirlie, why all the hate for Tenley? While she’s been one of my favorite people on the show(s), I’ll admit even I thought she came across as annoying and childish on Monday’s show. However I don’t think it’s necessary to say such mean things about someone that you probably don’t even know in the first place. I don’ know her personally, but several people that I do know very well have known her for a while and have nothing but nice things to say about her.

36. nsawyer

August 11, 2010 at 10:05 AM

Just have to say that Elizabeth was much better looking as a brunette! The blonde hair does NOTHING for her! She looked much better on Jake’s season.

37. Jane B

August 11, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Elizabeth’s hair looks awful, does it take seeing yourself on tv to really get a good look at yourself??? Such an unflattering shade of blonde…brassy and unnatural. She was such a beautiful woman with her dark hair and those gorgeous eyes but she looks so fake and unattractive now, yuck. Add to that her totally manipulative, psycho persona. Eewww.

38. sawyer

August 11, 2010 at 10:37 AM

Batch Pad was 100% more entertaining than the Bachelor shows. Proves just how fake all the contestants are when you see how Jillian suitors Jesse and Juan are just playboys with no intentions of settling down…

39. Jane B

August 11, 2010 at 10:46 AM

I’d like to see BP get a little more creative. Rather than ousting people each week, what about teaming them up and voting the person you want out to another team? That way each week the dynamics would change and move around. Michelle’s a great character and she’d be entertaining to keep around. The Juan/Nikki drama could have been played up or played down depending on the teams they were on. And it would give an opportunity for the newly coined “insiders and outsiders” to see their alliances messed up and allow for new alliances to be formed. Maybe vote people out beginning halfway through? Or not at all and have all 19 people vote on the winners? Also, would have rather seen the rose ceremony played out more like Survivor, letting people know how many votes they got. Put a little “edge” into the confidence levels. πŸ˜‰

40. trod

August 11, 2010 at 11:05 AM

Just curious… you said that Craig and Michelle didn’t hook up that night in the bunkroom but when Craig was voting he did say “Michelle was my bunk buddy”. What do you think he meant by that statement. I thought he outed her…

Either way-you still rock!

41. BJD

August 11, 2010 at 4:42 PM

********************************************

SORRY TO DISAGREE WITH MOST OF WHAT HAS
    BEEN POSTED HERE, BUT I THOUGHT THIS SHOW
    ABSOLUTELY STUNK. IT WAS SO, SO BAD THAT
    I HAD TO SWITCH THE CHANNEL JUST AFTER
    THE FIRST 45 MINUTES OR SO…..IT FELT
    LIKE SOMEONE WAS TEARING MY FINGERNAILS
    OUT…..ABSOLUTELY AWFUL SHOW.

NEEDLESS TO SAY, THEY LOST ME. AND IF
    ABC CHOOSES TO SHOW ANOTHER SHOW LIKE THIS
    AGAIN, I WON’T BE WATCHING IT EITHER.

AND I’M A PRETTY GOOD VIEWER OF THE
    BACHELOR/BACHELORETTE SHOWS, BUT I JUST
    ABSOLUTELY COULD NOT TOLERATE THIS STUPID
    SHOW!

42. Cndgirl

August 11, 2010 at 4:44 PM

I would guess the ‘bunk buddy’ comment was just that they shared a bunk bed – one of them on the top bed and one on the bottom bunk. BP just made it sound suggestive that they hooked up by using that comment. Just a guess though.

43. BJD

August 11, 2010 at 4:49 PM

******************************************

OH, MY GOODNESS! RIGHT AFTER I READ THIS
    I DISCOVERED THAT APPARENTLY JESSIE KOVACS
    JUST TODAY RELEASED HIS FIRST BOOK!

IT’S CALLED “The Young And The Thirsty:
    25 Wines For New School Drinkers”.

WHAT ARE THE ODDS ON THE SPECIFIC ‘TIMING’
    OF THE RELEASE OF THIS FIRST BOOK, HUH?!?!?

HA, HA…..

*************************************************

44. LynnMJ

August 11, 2010 at 8:11 PM

BJD – you’re not the only one. I couldn’t sit through the whole show. It made me miss The Bachelorette!

45. lalala

August 11, 2010 at 9:29 PM

agree with BJD and LynnMJ, i thought bach pad was annoying and i would much rather watch the bachelor/bachelorette

46. eloquentblue

August 11, 2010 at 11:00 PM

I remember Gwen from Season 2 .. she was considered quite popular from the show, quite low-key, no drama and had similar ‘success’ post-show as a number of the more current contestants have had. It’s obvious to me that she has had work done to her face. If you google her name, you will see the differences (Gwen Gioia). I believe she has a website, too.

Tenley .. she is not a whore or a b!tch as people are saying here. C’mon .. there were others that were far worse than her. However , IMO, she was acting childish and I truly think this screaming, jumping up ‘n down and emotional person is really her.

47. Dianne

August 12, 2010 at 6:43 AM

Wow, oh wow, socalgirlie..cut with the disgusting language, and get over your hate-on for Tenley!

48. CaliGirl

August 12, 2010 at 9:55 AM

BJD- Can you please TURN OFF YOUR CAPS-LOCK? THERE IS NO NEED TO SHOUT. Thank you. If you thought the show was that bad I’m surprised you watched it for 45 minutes. I knew within the first five minutes of watching that it was going to be full of drama, but that was what I was expecting. It is by no means a “good” show, but it sure is entertaining.

49. mommyof2

August 12, 2010 at 11:42 AM

I forgot to mentions Craig’s capris, too! My husband and I were laughing hysterically at Craig’s capris and the weatherman’s funny lines. The eatherman annoyed me on the Bchelorette, but I hated how that Craig guy bullied him. On this show, however, the Weatherman is just so funny and Craig looks like more of an outsider and loser than he does, which is funny.

Oh, and I can’t stand elizabeth’s hair that brassy shade of blonde. She definitely looked mush better as a brunette. She looks so much older with her fake hair than she did before.

50. mommyof2

August 12, 2010 at 11:55 AM

I agree with many of you that this show isn’t a great show- it’s definitely trashy!- but I still find it entertaining! I think we’ll see more seasons of this show b/c people like reality tv, drama, and watching beautiful people hash it out. My husband gawks at the bikini-clad women, and I enjoy watching some of the shirtless guys, and we both love making fun of the idiots and psychos.

I can’t stand most trashy shows like Jersey Shore, etc… b/c I can’t understand half of what those seemingly uneducated people are saying, but these people on Bachelor Pad are at least educated people who I can somewhat relate to (or at least I could of related to about 10-15 years ago!).

There’s nothing else on TV right now anyway, but even so, this show is fun to watch.

One thing I’m annoyed by though is the stupid rose ceremony. I just think they could’ve been a little more creative with the ritual of voting people out and done something else other than roses. They’re linking it to the Bachelor/ette too much when this show is really completely different.

Oh, and by the way, did everyone hear that Deanna and Holly are both engaged to the Staliano twin brothers and are shopping a reality show for their double wedding this spring? Supposedly it’s going to be called, Four Better, or For Worse.