Uncategorized

My Apology to Jason and Molly Mesnick

You might say, “Steve you’re only apologizing because you’re friends with them now.” No, not the case. I’ve yet to meet either one of them. I have spoken to both of them, but have never met. Will we? Maybe someday if our schedules meet up, but I’m just glad I was able to approach them and apologize over the phone for what I wrote. I’m doing this because it’s been on my conscience, and not for any other reason. I get nothing out of this apology other than the satisfaction that the truth is now out there and I’m letting you know that I stupidly ran with information I shouldn’t have, since it was just rumor and speculation. Yes, I could’ve just left it at a private apology between the three of us, but since I was publicly one of the driving forces behind Jason being hated by many of you, I figured a public apology was necessary also.

You know, I wanted to go over all of this with Molly. I wanted her to come on, do an interview, and go over everything to set the record straight. That’s kinda why it took a while for this apology to happen. We went back and forth on whether or not the interview would happen. She accepted the apology, but politely declined the interview because there’s no need to re-hash everything. It’s over and done with. Everyone has moved on. She told me that by doing an interview, she didn’t want people to think she was still trying to defend themselves, and were still trying to convince people to like them. She knows there will be people who still hate them for whatever reason, and that’s fine. There’s plenty of people who don’t hate them and have moved on. I think that speaks a lot about her character that she chose not to do an interview and go over all this again. After knowing the truth now, it’s obvious to me they didn’t deserve the brutal attacks from the media they got. I’m telling you, if you knew how everything went down, I think your feelings would be different towards them. Obviously, they don’t want to be disliked, but dragging this all out in the open again wouldn’t have gotten anything resolved. I wanted to do the interview for selfish reasons, and wanted people to hear the real truth. But I realize now, it’s all better left unsaid. What’s done is done. When I broke that news back in February of 2009, all I should’ve said was, “There was a secret taping, and at the taping, Jason dumped Melissa and got back together with Molly.” I should’ve just left it at that and not ran with any other rumors and gossip. I started believing all the other stuff people were telling me because it kept getting juicier and juicier. So even though I’ve told them both personally and in email that I’m sorry, I’m apologizing once again. Jason and Molly are good people, they don’t deserve the hatred that people spew at them, and I wish them all the best in the future.

I’m glad I was able to make a friend out of this with Molly, and who knows, maybe somewhere down the road I will get to apologize to them in person. But for the time being, I know what I did was wrong, I know it caused them a lot of hurt since they knew what I was saying wasn’t true, and I want to thank them for accepting my apology, since it’s weighed on my mind for over a year now. It was irresponsible “journalism”, or whatever you want to call it, and it’s why you don’t see me running with just anything any more in regards to gossip. When I talk about the Rated R stuff, or the Rozlyn scandal, or telling you Jillian and Ed have broken up, or that Brad is the next Bachelor, it’s because it’s true. If I ran with every rumor I heard about this show and its contestants, I’d be writing something pretty much every day. That’s not what my site is for. I am here to make fun of the show, and give spoilers when I hear about them. When I’m wrong, I’ll admit I’m wrong. But that just hasn’t happened very often when it comes to this show since my sources are some of the best in the business.

I kind of wish all the magazines and tabloids that attacked Jason and Molly would retract the stuff they said, since pretty much all of them got their info from my site, but that’ll never happen. They crucified these two on a national scale, then just move on to the next victim. Pretty sad, but it’s what they do. I wanted to do this because I realized what I did really had a snowball effect on the negative media attention Jason and Molly both received, and for that, I couldn’t be more sorry. Trust me, there are way worse people in this world than Jason and Molly Mesnick.

In closing, in case you don’t follow Molly on Twitter, I wanted to share something that she wrote recently about her and Jason’s lives through all of this. I thought it was an excellent view of how their lives have changed because of this show and sort of the microscope that they live under. Really good insight as to what it’s been like to be them for the last two years. Check it out and definitely leave a comment since I know she would appreciate it. You can read it at:

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I know it’s been a long time coming, but I felt it needed it’s own column, and not lumped in with anything going on during Ali’s season or “Bachelor Pad”. You have no idea how much this has bothered me, and seeing Jason and Molly get dragged through the mud because of unconfirmed rumors I heard then printed, wasn’t any fun. Even though I’ve apologized to them months ago, I’m glad to finally get this off my chest to readers now. Sorry for misreporting that, and I promise to never to do it again. Thanks for reading.

Steve

1. addicted2trainwrecks

September 27, 2010 at 3:38 PM

just my opinion here….

he already has a following I think it doubtful he needs self promotion to boost visits to the site but again still not getting why with all the mb available to read comments you continue to visit RS when you feel as you do about him.

2. adria921

September 27, 2010 at 5:02 PM

thanks reality girl!

to addicted2trainwrecks–what part of “what i read over and over are the comments! i enjoy reading what others post more than i enjoy reading what steve writes. ..” do you not understand? I visit this blog to read the COMMENTS – i probably have not read a single blog post of steve’s in it’s entirety in months.

but i have read every single comment! so i come here for the COMMENTS–got it now?

also, i did not feel as negative about steve BEFORE as i now do. i liked him better until i read about this apology gimmick of his. now my opinion of him is way down. so maybe i am almost done coming here at all.

3. addicted2trainwrecks

September 28, 2010 at 12:59 AM

adria921 Perhaps you should learn to think before putting words into a blog. IF as you say all you predominantly read are the comments then you are also admitting to essentially taking the words and sentiments of others as gospel, selecting the ones you choose to believe and then you decide RS is using this as a gimmick??? Yes, I “got it now”. Thank you for further explaining your ignorance.

4. LynnMJ

September 28, 2010 at 3:12 AM

I’ll probably get bashed for this, but….Steve, you’re losing credibility. First, insisting that Ali was ‘single’ and now this. It wouldn’t bug me so much if you weren’t SO adamant when you made your claims.

5. mudhny519

September 28, 2010 at 6:01 AM

proud of you. why people just can’t say they are wrong when they are is beyond me. start a new and RIGHT trend by being honest, steve.

6. JustJenna

September 28, 2010 at 8:07 AM

If Molly didn’t want this rehashed with an interview and have the old drama dug up, then why did you feel the need to post this? You’ve apologized to them both privately. This is insulting to them in my opinion because it completely disregards Molly’s feelings on this – just let it die already. Most of us had forgotten about this, or no longer cared, and now look: the world is talking about it again. It wouldn’t surprise me if US Weekly runs with a story entitled “Reality Steve Apologizes” — after all that’s what you wanted, right?

This is an attention seeking, ego-stroking post if ever I’ve seen one. How many times are you going to point out what good friends you are now with these people? You obviously get some sort of ego boost out of becoming “friends” with these D-list celebrities (you’ve never met Molly and somehow she’s your good friend? Okay…)

It seems to me this post was made to garner attention from your readers, from media outlets, and from other Bachelor contestants.

7. adria921

September 28, 2010 at 2:05 PM

to addicted2trainwrecks–who said i take what the comments say as the gospel truth? i do not.
    YOU are the ignorant one for thinking i believe what others write as totally true. it does NOT follow that just because i read something i think it is true. where do you get that idea? do YOU believe everything you read is true? i hope not. so why then do you think i do?

8. dutcheees

September 28, 2010 at 3:32 PM

That’s what we waited for? Sorry Steve, but it’s a big “so what.” No one cares about Molly and Jason anymore or Melissa for that matter either.

What you really need to start focusing in on is how boring of an announcement Brad Womack returning is. All we can hope for is he either getsd dumped on by the final girls, or he dumps then again. All I want is Bachelor drama……

9. TLake317

September 28, 2010 at 6:18 PM

I’m glad to read your apology, Steve, but as you know… it’s long overdue. Your constant reassertion that Poor Melissa was blindsided about the breakup fueled the tabloid fires – in fact, she should thank YOU for making her a star! Your repeated Poor Melissa stance was based on complete fabrication, and you knew that the entire time. She knew that things didn’t work out with Jason… she wasn’t into him either and went back to an old boyfriend a little later. They both moved on and are happy – and good for them. But your obsession with Poor Melissa painted her as a plucky little thing that we should cheer for. She owes you, Steve. All of that sympathetic tabloid coverage launched her career.

Jason has always seemed to be a nice guy, and it’s great that he was able to find happiness with Molly, who has always seemed equally sincere.

Perhaps you’ll take Molly’s advice and get off this publicity train, and move ON. Even in this column, you referred to Jason as the most hated man in America… Really?? And you need to repeat that AGAIN in your “apology”? Many of us don’t agree with that assessment! If you’d really like to honor your newly found respect for Jason and Molly, then let’s see if you can really, really refrain from bringing this back up over and over again. Perhaps just print the NEWS about them, without a constant aside reminding us about… you and your “scoop”.

Your column was always a riot, with your very snarky and funny comments about the episodes. Once your column became all about spoilers, it’s something we have to avoid if we want to just watch the show and have it not be “all about Steve”. You’re a funny guy! Your insights are great, and we love to get your opinions on what’s happened. Just wishing that I could read your column without having the spoilers so front and center. I had to hold off reading your column during Bachelor Pad, because I wanted to be surprised by the ending… but your comments on the craziness would have been really fun to read. OK… I’ll stop now… just wishing that we could get back to Snarky, Witty, Clever Steve and have the spoilers and spoiler references in their own column.

Glad you apologized… just wishing that you had stepped up for Jason and Molly sooner, when you knew the tabloids were running with the wrong info. You would have gotten even more press in the heat of things… for doing the right thing.

10. ann_j

September 28, 2010 at 6:32 PM

To adria921:
    stop being childish. I guess you never really learned that its OK to be ignorant, just don’t let others know about it.

Steve,
    nice job for apologizing. But the whole Jason/Melissa/Molly story din seem right and I guess I’ll still have my own opinion on the people involved.

11. Dianne

September 28, 2010 at 7:22 PM

Okay folks, can we please,PLEASE put this to bed now? It’s done, it’s over, it’s history. Let’s accept what Steve said here, and move on. I know I’m sick and tired of the entire Jason/Molly/Melissa scenario, therefore, I’m not coming back to this “apology” anymore. Enough is enough.

12. adria921

September 28, 2010 at 7:45 PM

hey ann–what kind of childish remark is THAT you just made to me? about how it’s ok to be ignorant but don’t let others know about it ? that’s a really jackass-ish, snide & childish thing to say. you must think your some sort of super intellect to say something nasty & condescending like that. does saying that to me give you a feeling of importance–hmmm like you are someone clever? well you obviously are NOT.

13. JustJenna

September 28, 2010 at 8:34 PM

@Dianne

So people shouldn’t comment on the blog simply because you’re tired of it and have already had your say? Sorry, but it doesn’t work that way. Steve put up his “apology” and now the uproar of comments begins. Deal with it.

But you’re probably not reading this cause you didn’t come back… right? LOL.

14. Showsreality

September 29, 2010 at 1:40 AM

Everyone thinks they know how Molly & Jason feels…..lmao
    Did they call you and tell you Steve should not have brought the apology into a public forum?…….lol

Jason and Molly like advertisement, some thing rather than nothing is ok by them….they love it, if not Molly would not be writing a blog, or twittering.

Get real…lmao

15. JustJenna

September 29, 2010 at 7:01 AM

ShowsReality, you really are ignorant, aren’t you? Molly has repeatedly stated to interviewers that she would prefer it if this situation be ignored and dropped. She even told Steve here that, when he was pestering her for an interview on the subject.

And funny — you accuse us of pretending to know how Jason and Molly feel and here you are doing the same thing by saying “they love it.” Hypocrite much?

16. Showsreality

September 29, 2010 at 8:07 AM

Jason and Molly love the attention…Steve gave them a lot of it….lol

kettle/pot much?

17. mommyof2

September 29, 2010 at 7:24 PM

Steve-
    I know you wrote that you are only going to report the truth and accurate info., not gossip, which is admirable. However, I AM somewhat curious about what some of these contestants are up to, including some of the gossip. Since the Bachelor doesn’t air until January, maybe you could post a weekly column under “Hearsay” that reveals any true info. you have on some of these contestants. Such as, what Wes is up to, how he and Gia are doing, etc…
    I just miss your snarky columns when these shows aren’t airing. I’m sure someone will post a comment to me saying something along the lines of “get a life”, however, I only check this site once or twice a week, and anyone who’d comment that would be the pot calling the kettle black since they’re on here checking out your column and the comments, too. Just a suggestion…

18. justmyopinion

September 30, 2010 at 5:46 AM

So….. I have been a fan of Steve’s for quite a while. But it is fading. I absolutely agree with the people who have mentioned that this blog is turning bad. It used to be fun to get all the spoilers. But now it feels like Steve is CONSTANTLY feeling the need to show (and emphasize OVER and OVER) how all media should bow down to him because he knew it all. It just feels like he is defensive, and braggish. This blog used to be fun to read. And now all I see is him reminding everyone how he is better. This apology? Sure, it’s nice. But not even needed. Molly and Jason don’t give Steve a second thought. In all reality, Steve means nothing to them. So it’s sad that he feels like he is “friends” with them. Sorry, Steve. You are nothing but some random blogger to them. On top of all that- Steve makes fun of everything. Yet is so desperate (and self-involved) that he sets up his own dating thing. Seriously? For a guy that is constantly making fun of a show that involves people applying for a chance at love, he does the exact same thing….. Irony. Gotta love it…..

19. Showsreality

September 30, 2010 at 7:12 AM

Molly and Jason consider themselves above board to be friends with anyone but the same yahoo losers from the show….They all show that on their blogs…Tight knit community these people are, braggish and obnoxious most of them anyways….Only one that set herself apart is Melissa, who doesn’t need to shout out to them every message she sends …The rest sound like diarrhea, especially the Tweenley Molzehose
    who spends her days batting her eyelashes and twittering…Underdeveloped Twinkle Tween.

As for Steve yes he wants us to know how much it HE who discovers all the secrets of the show…

Wes… was the first one who twittered about Brad Womack being The Bachelor…

20. Nobody

September 30, 2010 at 1:27 PM

To Sohoman and everyone else who defends Melissa….

The woman is a C U N T. And where exactly is she making ABC tons of cash? A terrible and forgettable hosting job on a lame-ass summer time filler (bach pad) isn’t going to garner her a lot of attention.

One of these days while she’s walking around with her nose in the air thinking her s.hit doesn’t stink she’ll get ran over by a commuter bus. It couldn’t happen to a better person; bitch should have been paying attention.

21. Dianne

September 30, 2010 at 2:08 PM

Wow, Nobody, get over it! It’s not healthy to have such a hate-on for anyone. You have some pretty crude things to say about someone you don’t even know, or maybe you do know her personally? It’s really sad that you honestly would want harm, especially serious harm (ran over by a commuter bus) done to anyone. Wow, I ALMOST feel sorry for you.

22. SherryfromD

September 30, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Are Wes and Brad buds?

Speaking of the dating contest, when do we get an update?

23. cuteday

September 30, 2010 at 7:02 PM

How refreshing, Steve, to see someone apologize. Your credibility just went up sky-high. Its interesting the remarks…is that people still want to focus on J&M, when in fact, your post is about YOU per se, and not others. High five.

24. Showsreality

October 1, 2010 at 1:42 AM

Can’t be 100% certain if Wes and Brad are buds, but Jeremy is with both and Brad might tie in somehow..

Melissa is most likely laughing all the way to the bank…Whatever position she holds for ABC, she is not jetting to all of these places for free…lol

25. JustJenna

October 1, 2010 at 3:41 PM

Hah Dianne I knew I’d see you back here and commenting. You can’t stay away any more than the rest of us can.

However, I agree with your assertion. Nobody you have serious issues. Get some therapy, stat.

26. Steph

October 1, 2010 at 5:02 PM

Steve – One thing I have to say is that I think about 95% of the people that watch this show are nuts, especially those getting so worked up about what you write. You must be laughing out loud at some of these comments. I don’t care about Melissa or your friendship with Jason and Molly. All I care about is being entertained while reading your column and you have never let me down. Thanks for always putting a smile on my face.

27. MaMalaney

October 1, 2010 at 6:30 PM

To hmm, Showsreality and anyone else who feels the need to spread defamation, lies and slander, this “affair” rumor was started by you, and everyone knows it. There is absolutely no truth to it, and everyone knows it. If there HAD been, any halfway intelligent reporter would have “dug” as you say and found it. We are fairly certain we know who you are, and there are many who have been walking behind you every step of the way to debunk this ridiculous rumor. Your story has changed three different times now, from it being someone from GR, to someone from Milwaukee, etc. You can’t even keep you own lies straight. You’ve been banned from several sites because of your lies.

While I cannot know what lies in your heart and what reasons you have for spreading these vicious lies. I do know that one day you will have to face someone who knows all you have done has seen all you have done and to whom you will have to answer. You have not managed to hurt Molly as you so desired, but you have hurt your own character and soul. I hope it was worth it.

Maryann Malaney (mom)

28. Showsreality

October 2, 2010 at 4:39 AM

pfffft .Spilled my pop all over the monitor..

lmao…….Keep em coming Steve…even family is dropping by now….lmao
    Don’t they keep telling us we posters have no life, yet they love to read the forums….lmao ..Good to see them riled up….lmao

Speculations abound…keep them coming….lol

shows reality (god)

29. MaMalaney

October 2, 2010 at 7:41 PM

Actually, “shows” I am not worked up at all about Steve. In fact, I have been emailing with him, and I having nothing but respect for someone who admits, publicly, that he made a mistake. That’s an admirable quality. I dropped by to tell him so, but saw some of the more “fantasy-like” comments, and thought I’d leave one for them as well. Just as an FYI, even Steve thinks that rumor is ridiculous, and didn’t even bother to give it a second thought. Sorry if I ruined your day. Perhaps doing something nice for someone could give you the happiness you seek?

30. Showsreality

October 3, 2010 at 4:13 AM

pfffttt…..Old bag mama gets on message boards and cries wolf….pot meet kettle…lol

31. Showsreality

October 3, 2010 at 6:58 AM

Did you all also know that MaMalaney Molly’s mother has numerous nick names on the boards and tailgates
    posters on the boards….Correcting posters and redeeming Molly and Jason’s good name.

Who would think an old bag would do such a thing, after her daughter openly goes and reveals her life on television……Now then we are to be silenced and censored because Old Bag Malaney decides to correct posters….wow…now you know who all those posters with different nick names are they are all MaMalaney
    anytime you got chided and corrected about Jason or Molly it was Molly’s mother who is a busy bee on the message boards…she admitted it in her post.

Any time Melissa got trashed it was Ma Malaney Molly’s mother who took it upon her self to redeem self esteem in her daughters name, so she trashed Melissa….

It is not so much she tries to redeem Jason and Molly but the extent the old bag goes to trash Melissa Rycroft and drive her name into dirt.

You just showed your true colors Ma Malaney Molly’s mother..you showed it to the whole world….In came the Trailer Trash ………….lmao
    Doing something nice for someone MaMalaney take your own advice and stop trashing Melissa….Your daughter was 3rd choice for Jason……lol lol

32. MaMalaney

October 3, 2010 at 7:32 PM

Oh my, “shows.” I received a huge number of messages from people about your comments here today. You seem like a rather angry individual. I do not post on message boards. Don’t blame that kind of behavior on me, please. I did here though because I do not think people who hide behind the anonymity of a public forum should be posting slanderous statements because of jealousy or personal issues. I’m so sorry for you that you’re so worked up. I do not bash anyone. You are right about one thing, though, I am old….. sigh.

33. verytelling

October 3, 2010 at 8:01 PM

Geez showsreality, didn’t you take your antipsychotic drugs today?

34. stillbelieve

October 3, 2010 at 10:47 PM

“Showsreality” does seem to have alot of anger and unresolved issues. I hope help is readily available for her/him/it. I also believe that Melissa is not the innocent “victim” in all of this. She had a “role” to play in the ATFR and she played it well. I believe she played the shocked, innocent victim, knowing that it would garner alot of sympathy. When Jason said to her something like…..”things were different, the chemistry changed…we are not right for each other…” What was her response?? ..”I don’t know how you can say that, I thought things were PERFECT…” huh?Then to further her “cause” she goes on to say “getting engaged is a ONCE IN A LIFETIME experience and YOU TOOK THAT AWAY FROM ME!”
    She admitted to Ellen in an interview that same week after the airing of the final when she was asked when did she know things were not working out, her answer was “Almost Immediately”. She has admitted that the breakup was “Mutual” and they were already split prior to the filming of the ATFR. In her most recent interview with Ellen, she admitted that she went on the show because she could not get her boyfriend at that time to commit. In the 20/20 bachelor special, she admitted that she was never really interested in Jason, would not have dated him had she seen him before, did not know even 5 things about him, did not even want to see him or take calls from him, and she blamed all of her actions on being in the “bachelor bubble”. So let me get this straight, she accepts a proposal from someone she has known for a period of 6 or so weeks, blames it on the “bubble” and her supporters accept her excuse and yet these same people bash Jason for proposing to her (as well as DeAnna) and he cannot be under that same “bachelor bubble”??
    No, “Showsreality”, Molly was not the 3rd choice for Jason. Molly is the RIGHT CHOICE for Jason. (I guess in your way of thinking, Tye must be Melissa’s SECOND Choice then if she accepted a marriage proposal from Jason). Melissa had stated on the show that she was always the “dumpee” and I guess she has that down to a science now.

35. GoodDiddy

October 4, 2010 at 2:08 PM

The analogy “fame wh@res” comes to mind.

36. adria921

October 4, 2010 at 6:47 PM

did jason propose to DeAnna? am i missing something? when was that? Deanna
    was not on with jason-was she?

37. JillM

October 5, 2010 at 12:37 AM

Christian women to not have affairs with married men. Just remember–The proof is in the puddin’

Reality Steve, that is kind of you to apologize, however, your overall interpretation of character was not far off.

38. adria921

October 5, 2010 at 1:53 AM

what christian woman had an affair with what married man? hell, the most lecherous & adulterous men are usually the great “christian” husbands and fathers-! here in san diego we just had a wonderful “christian” man try to blow up his wife with a pipe bomb! everyone was shocked because he
    was such a great guy! so often “christians” are the worst hippocrates imaginable!

39. Caroline26

October 8, 2010 at 2:28 PM

Melissa thought something was up between Jason and Molly, and come to find out she was right. Her concerns didn’t come out of thin air, it came from knowing something was going on between those 2. A womans intution is not something to be ignored. Reality Steve said he took a story and ran with it before he had it verified. For that he should apologize, but he never said he VERIFIED there was no contact between them. They will deny it till the end of days because they have to much to lose by being truthful.

Dianne and MaMallany are/were all over every board, blog, article on the internet. Doing the same thing, defending, defending and defending. MaMallany twitters for help from her friends to come defend Molly on the BB. I read it MM. Grasping and clawing for an outcome that will never come. I would be so embarrased if my mom was behaving that way. The phrase guilty dogs bark first and the loudest comes to mind.

40. MaMalaney

October 8, 2010 at 6:25 PM

Aw, Caroline. I will pray for you. Seriously. Just one question, do you really think spending all your time writing nasty comments all over the place is doing any good for you and your own life? I’m sorry to hear that your mother wouldn’t defend you against schoolyard bullies, hon. If you ever need someone to just give you a hug, or tell you that you’re valued, you can call on me anytime. Hugs to you.

41. GoodDiddy

October 9, 2010 at 4:43 AM

“Know what Ma? You sound like a big, huge passive aggressive bully yourself, and very good at it. So good, in fact, that this blog sounds like the big, huge passive aggressive bully did her magic on Steve and that’s probably why the apology doesn’t have any weight or even sound sincere. Here’s your hat, what’s your hurry??”

42. Caroline26

October 9, 2010 at 4:56 AM

We aren’t discussing innocent children who are bullied by schoolyard kids. Are you trying to capitalize on that recent issue to suit your own defenses? Maybe you are confusing bullying with a person stating their opinions and since you don’t agree you take offense? You are her mother, you are biased. It’s a reality, not everyone puts Molly and Jason on a pedestal as you do. Real celebrities are often criticized and I don’t see their mothers defending them on message boards, twitter and blogs. It simply draws more attention to the subject, in case you haven’t noticed. There comes a time when mothers should allow their children to grow up, accept the good and the negative and let them stand on their own two feet and fight their own battles. You attempt to use religious platitudes (i.e., I’ll pray for you) to manipulate, control and have power over others. Holding yourself out as being above everyone else? You make sarcastic comments about the parents and upbringing of people who you are criticizing and making religious references to justify your actions. This reflects your hypocrisy. If you are praying for me it’s probably in hopes I will change my opinion of them. That’s not going to happen. My soul is secure, so don’t worry about me. God is available for us all and you are no closer to him than anyone else.

43. MaMalaney

October 9, 2010 at 3:40 PM

Well, I guess I had hoped that we could end this discussion amiably. I sincerely offer my hand in friendship and peace to you. We are all God’s children. My offer stands: If you ever feel the need for reconciliation or friendship, I’m here. You know where to send me a message, since it seems you reference twitter quite a bit. I do not post comments of hate about anyone, anywhere. My messages are of peace, love and reconciliation. I have made quite a few friends that I’ve never met who do keep me apprised of things that your group says. This was MY foray into public discussion. I’m sorry that it has turned into a platform for nonproductive postings. I simply felt the need to refute a slanderous rumor once and for all. That’s all. This is my last message to you, and I pray that God will soften your heart. I am absolutely sincere, that I wish you peace, and I pray that one day we can do away with all this nonsense. It’s all so silly when you think about it, since you don’t even know us. I wish you did.

44. michigan6767

October 9, 2010 at 11:46 PM

When a person reports inaccurate information it’s only right for them to make a public apology. Kudos to you Steve for stepping up to the plate and setting the record straight. When will Jason step up to the plate and make a public apology to his ex wife (and the public) for allowing ABC to portray her as a deadbeat mother?

45. JillM

October 11, 2010 at 3:59 PM

Ma, you want to be a “friend”, pray, you follow personally who posts-why connect on a board if you can do it personally. You seem to be a nice typer, often it is hard for the nicest person to believe the bad stuff.

46. glazem1

October 13, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Steve,
    It’s been a while since I’ve logged on and I’m glad I found this blog.
    First, regardless of what some may say, it’s never too late to apologize.
    Next, I had always thought something was strange, when melissa wouldn’t introduce Jason to her parents, because they are very conservative and wouldn’t approve of the way they met or the show. Before you broke what would happen on the ATFR show, I had thought that Jason, Melissa, and her parents would be there, so that jason could ask her father for Melissa’s hand in marriage. Of course, I was wrong and blownaway by your findings. What was even stranger, was that 6 weeks later, she’s back with her old boyfriend and then get s picked for DWTS. I think Melissa’s the one that instrigated the break-up. As a previous poster said, she wanted to make her old boyfriend (now husband) jealous. What I found interesting when melissa was on DWTS, was that first, she has a tramp stamp on her lower back and second, her parents were in the audience. That raised even more suspicion.
    Anyway, I truly feel that melissa is the one that should have received the blame. Why ABC caved in to her, I’ll never know. What I do know and always felt, was that Jason was a true gentleman, he knew what her plans were after he proposed (she probably told him over the phone a while later), and he decided to take the fall.
    That’s my two-cents.

47. shangrilrao

October 14, 2010 at 5:51 AM

I read your blog for several years and can see the Bachelor (ette) is much more entertaining. That's all it is for me – stupid entertainment and those who take themselves too seriously need a life.
    Motorcycle Parts

48. melissajones

October 15, 2010 at 12:47 AM

I remember when this entire thing came out and after watching the ATR special I felt so sorry for Melissa. I remember her going on the Ellen show a few days later and saying that all she wanted was to tell her side of the story and then get back to a normal life, and I really respected her for it.

All of a sudden she appears on Dancing with the Stars, then gets a job on Good Morning America, hosts the Bachelor Pad and her face is at every event you can think of. This girl put on a good show about being in the innocent victim at first, but she’s more ruthless of a media hog than Jake Pavelka and Vienna Girardi.

Like everyone else, I crucified Jason and Molly, but like Steve I feel bad about doing it. I think it’s great he’s apologized.

49. Summeranne

October 16, 2010 at 7:21 PM

These comments prove there is a lot of unfair bitterness aimed at Melissa. It’s crazy! She has moved on and is busy with her new career, husband and is expecting their first child. She’s good at what she does and she continues to get fantastic gigs. Jason only gets small jobs and Molly blogs for attention. Jealously? I think that is the reason but I doubt anyone will admit it. No one from the show are doing what they were doing before, so to insult Melissa for not going to school to become a school teacher is insulting Jason for not staying home more than a few days at a time and being a father. Isn’t that what he claimed he did while on the show? Careers can change but family never should. And why should Melissa not follow the exciting dream jobs that has opened for her? Jason didn’t get those offers and it seems to have caused much resentment. Jason did a recent interview on Tri City Live on October 11th and now claims the producers brainwashed him into picking Melissa. He also said that with the travel and thrill of being on the show it gives you a taste for it. That explains why he leaves his family so much. The show is how he defines himself and that is an unhealthy way to think. Melissa seems happy in her life and from reading the messages here it looks as if she has moved on more than Jason and his family.