Uncategorized

My Apology to Jason and Molly Mesnick

As many of you know (or maybe don’t), before Jason Mesnick’s season, this site was never about spoilers. I didn’t know any, I didn’t read any, hell, I didn’t even know they were out there. All I did for six years previous was watch the show, write my sarcastic, snarky review of it, and post it the next morning. I did it for free, I did it for fun, and I did it because I liked writing, and I loved making fun of this show. Well, that all changed in late January 2009 when I got a phone call from a source telling me about a secret “After the Final Rose” taping that had happened a week earlier with Jason, Molly, and Melissa all attending. It was on this phone call that I realized I had stumbled upon something big.

My source told me in that phone call that they were aware of a taping of the ATFR that Jason, Molly, and Melissa had shown up for. My first thought was, “The show is only three weeks in, why are they taping the ATFR now?” When they told me what happened, it made sense. The details were a tad sketchy, and it’s not like they had exact dialogue from what was said on set, but the bottom line was, the outcome from that taping was that Jason had dumped Melissa and asked Molly back, which she accepted. That’s when I went to my blog with it the very next day. However, I didn’t tell anyone the outcome just yet. For a month, I teased with clues and what not, because I wasn’t planning on telling what I knew until after it aired. The clues were just a way of saying, “I told you so” once the finale finally aired. Around the end of February, my same source called me back and said, “One of the tabloids got a hold of the story and they’re running it this week. If you want credit for having it first, I’d stop with the clues, and just tell everyone what happened so you can be the first to break it.” That day, I plopped Maddie on the couch and filmed three 10 minute videos, uploaded them to YouTube, and ever since, my life and this site, has pretty much been turned upside down.

When I first heard about it a week after it taped, I knew it was a big deal. I just didn’t know how big. Once the YouTube videos went up, and radio stations, tabloid magazines, and online sites all started contacting me, I realized it was bigger than I thought. It was then in my head I knew I had screwed up, because some of the things that I ran with weren’t 100% confirmed. A lot was rumor and speculation, but because it was getting so much attention, and the interview requests kept coming in, I knew I couldn’t back down. In the back of my mind, I knew I didn’t have the full story, and some of the stuff I was running with I didn’t even know if it was true or not, but I couldn’t take back what I said. Up until that time, I had worked on this site for free, spent an awful lot of time making fun of this stupid show, and I felt this was a chance for me and the site to finally make our mark. I knew I had major information that no one else had and some of it was 100% true, but just not all of it. I didn’t care. At the time, I was caught up in the attention the site was getting and I didn’t think about what I could be doing to hurt other people in the process.

Now, lets get in to specifics. When I was originally told that Jason had dumped Melissa and gotten back together with Molly at this secret taping, I was floored. That had never happened before in this show’s history. In subsequent weeks, as I started giving out clues to what I knew, I was also getting more information from my sources. And probably the two biggest “scoops” I reported were:

-Jason had been seeing and talking to Molly behind Melissa’s back

-Jason was in on it all along with the producers, had always wanted to choose Molly from the very beginning, but went along with a storyline that he would choose Melissa, dump her on camera at a secret taping, and take Molly back

I am here to say now that both of those are 100% not true. When I was told, “Jason and Molly have been seeing each other”, it was about a week or so after the initial phone call. Well, what I didn’t realize was that, yes, Jason and Molly were seeing each other, but it was AFTER they had already filmed the secret ATFR, and now were starting their relationship. Molly was flying in from Michigan on the weekends and that’s how they got to know each other better in the month from the ATFR 1 and ATFR 2 taping. But I jumped to conclusions and automatically assumed Jason was seeing and talking to Molly BEFORE the first ATFR taping had aired and that’s why he broke up with Melissa. Not the case. I know plenty of you will find it hard to believe, as I did myself at the time, but the first time Jason saw or spoke to Molly after he let her go in New Zealand was at that taping. I’m talking about in terms of letting Molly know how he felt and that he wanted her back. He once told me he called her like the day after he left New Zealand to check on her and see if she was ok. But in terms of still having feelings for her and asking her back, Jason was never able to convey that to Molly until that taping. He wasn’t allowed to. The story Jason has told since all that went down is 100% true.

Here is what I’ve found out since: Jason informed the producers during his time with Melissa after New Zealand that things just weren’t going well and he still had feelings for Molly. Well at the time, Molly was being approached about being the next “Bachelorette”, which obviously made sense since she was the #2 girl. Contractually, Jason isn’t allowed to have any contact with girl #2 until the ATFR taping. But since he told producers he still had feelings for Molly, that was their reason for deciding to move up the taping six weeks early. A lot of behind the scenes stuff went down at the taping, but as we found out after the fact, Jason and Melissa were already broken up when they walked on that stage. Both have admitted it publicly since then. Basically all they did on that stage was re-enact their breakup. Now, what threw Melissa for a loop was obviously hearing he still had feelings for Molly. She didn’t know that was coming, and that was the reason for her reaction. As she said in her emails that were posted, she suspected it, but never thought he’d bring it up on television. That’s where the producer manipulation, and so many behind the scenes stuff that has never gotten out took over. Probably Jason’s biggest mistake, other than agreeing to do the show in the first place. There are so many things that went on behind the scenes at that taping that will make your head spin, but there’s no point to get in to it now.

However, when he was in the position he was in, and knows that the only way he can ask Molly for a second chance is to film that ATFR show, it’s kinda hard to disagree with considering they’re married. The guy is happy with Molly, Melissa is happy with her husband and child on the way, so it’s kind of a moot point now. I think two years ago, when this was fresh in everyone’s mind, it was definitely a heated topic amongst everyone and no one agreed with what Jason did. Including myself. Jason was the most hated man in the world. Well, look at it now. He’s happily married, Melissa made out great, and we’ve had dbags like Jake come along that paint Jason in completely different picture now.

And since my website and my blog was front and center during the whole debacle with me telling people that it was all staged, and that Jason was in on it, and he was sneaking behind Melissa’s back to see Molly, I know that I influenced a lot of people’s opinions about him. Could he have handled the ATFR taping a little better? Sure. Everyone involved could’ve. I’m not here to tell you that you have to think Jason Mesnick is a saint. What I am here to say is, if you thought he was a manipulator, and doing things behind Melissa’s back, and was in on this all along because you read it in my blog, well, that’s not true. He never did any of those things. I was given false information that I never followed up with because it was my first time getting scoop, and basically, I started believing everything that was being told to me. This is NOT a gossip site. Never will be. I’ve learned my lesson. There is so much gossip behind the scenes of this show I’m aware of that I will never print. And probably for the better considering I could really ruin some of these contestants reputations. Ever since that Jason mess, I’ve decided I will do spoilers, recap the show, and only print things that I know to be the truth. I’ll leave it to the tabloids and other Johnny-come-lately sites to print gossip about people on the show, etc.

I felt horrible because I know that a lot of the hatred towards Jason and Molly was started by things that I wrote. As I mentioned, I bought them a wedding gift this past January that they did receive and thanked me for. After finding out what really went down, is when I reached out to Molly to personally apologize and tell her I was sorry for reporting the stuff that I did, because I know they went through a rough time there for a while. I’m happy to say that she accepted, and Molly and I have continued a friendship to this day. I’ve gotten to know her quite well over the last few months and can honestly say she’s one of the nicest, most genuine people you’ll meet. Not that I expected her to be a bitch to me, but lets face it, they took a lot of heat from the media for basically all the stuff that I was reporting. So to have her consider me a friend means a lot.

1. hmmm

September 23, 2010 at 1:45 PM

If you want to dig, Molly was involved with a married man right before she went on the show.

2. Steffie

September 23, 2010 at 1:50 PM

Thanks for your apology. There always seemed to be something a little fishy about the way it went down…..connniving doesn’t seem to be a side of Jason that we ever saw (meaning it doesn’t exist) and Molly certainly seems like a woman with high standards and morals, so cheating never really suited her, either.

All in all, I think a nice apology to them would be to ditch one of your “major” sponsors and put Jason’s organization on your wesite. I haven’t really followed what his organization does since the drama all ended, but I remember it was near and dear to his heart, which means it also is to Molly, and supporting their cause would be a nice “peace offering”.

I’m really looking forward to Brad’s season! Should be fun for all!!!

3. Kasia65

September 23, 2010 at 1:56 PM

Well said. You are a true gentleman.

4. amsf32

September 23, 2010 at 1:57 PM

So..RS, you said you didn’t get paid for this column before the Jason situation. You do now? By who?

5. lisa e

September 23, 2010 at 1:58 PM

HOORAY!
    The truth comes out, and Jason is vindicated! He is such a pure sweet soul and did not deserver any of what was delivered to him.
    If in doubt, think about this… His love for Molly is so incredible and healing (and mature) that she has been able to forgive Reality Steve. She has a full heart, that is obvious.

Next up: AN APOLOGY FROM MELISSA RYCROFT???
    …For perpetuating the lies and baiting Jason with emails THAT SHE THEN PUBLICLY RELEASED!!
    She was a fraud from the start – even admitting that she was in it to win it, make an old boyfriend jealous. But she hurt an honest and innocent man, his child, and Molly, who was in it with solid intent.
    Melissa ought to burn in Hell for all that SHE hath wrought. She has had so very many chances to apologize, tell the truth, back down from her bitchiness, but she just continually stokes her false victimhood. And some of you actually support her. Such a poor example for women. (no wonder men don’t want to trust women, “pulling a Rycroft” can bring a man down!)

Bravo to Steve for his eventual acknowledgment! Moving on….

6. klalaw

September 23, 2010 at 1:58 PM

I think you did the right thing by clearing the air. Looking back, the scheming and sneaking around part of the story never did make sense. With any luck, your apology will get reported by some of the same publications who reported the original story, but I think for the most part, everyone has moved on. As you said, Jason doesn’t look nearly as bad after Jake!

7. jax71868

September 23, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Steve,

Good for you for writing the apology and clearing the air. You are owning up to your mistake of jumping the gun on the Jason and Molly story and that says a lot about your character to me. I have read your blog for several years now and it makes watching the Bachelor(ette) that much more entertaining. That’s all it is to me – mindless entertainment and those who take it too seriously need to get a life. Keep up the good work – I love your humorous and realistic take on the show.

Jackie

8. Dianne

September 23, 2010 at 2:07 PM

amsf32-why do you feel it’s your business if Steve gets paid to write this column or not? So what if he does..would it make a difference? I think not.

9. Dianne

September 23, 2010 at 2:11 PM

Good stuff, Steve. I admire you for admitting your errors, which from what you have said here, are 100% human reaction errors. I don’t know of anyone that wouldn’t have gotten “caught up” in the buzz of all of the information you were receiving.

10. serpephone

September 23, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Well, this is definitely “old news” and I guess I understand why you waited; however, I probably would have made a public apology much sooner. Seriously, this stuff “went down” a long time ago…

Anyways, everybody is happy now and I’m glad this taught you a valuable lesson regarding accurate reporting. At least we (your faithful blog readers) know that what you say is what you believe to be true.

Thanks again, Steve.

11. Nobody

September 23, 2010 at 2:36 PM

Lisa E…..

I am with you on the Melissa hatred. I have never laid a finger on a woman in my life, but that bitch would put me one step away from crossing a line that should never be crossed. For the life of me I can’t figure out why people support that piece of garbage.

Your next mission, RS, is to find out (and then tell us) what the real story is between ABC and Melissa. I have been banned from the main ABC board nearly 80 times, mostly for saying crap about or bashing Melissa. Why is ABC going so far out of their way to protect her fraudulent ass? What does she have on them that they need to strike every negative thing that is said about her, and even going so far to ban people who dislike her? I can’t help that she has buck-teeth and a voice that’s worse than fingernails on a chalkboard.

By the way, I never thought anything of Jason. I still think the whole dumping thing was staged by ABC, and that Melissa was in on the scandal. I think that Melissa blackmailed ABC to get the crappy gigs she has been given before doing the dump taping. What do you think?

12. ccway

September 23, 2010 at 3:05 PM

I actually found and started reading this site during that season. Never in a million years did I believe that Jason or Molly were involved with being cheating or lying; however, for many weeks you had every reader convinced about what a worm they both were, sadly, on your word alone. Even after Melissa admitted they had broken up before the taping ever took place, the hatred for Jason still spewed. Melissa milked the story for all it was worth and came out pretty well for it all. Luckily, Jason and Molly did too, with no help of yours.

I’m not going to be one of those “I’m never reading your blog again” type people because I do find you and your opinion quite comical most of the time. Lately, it seems you are more concerned with pinning down the fact that you beat whomever to the scoop. Your readers are your fans, no need to prove anything by saying it over and over again in 2 paragraphs. Lighten up, have fun with it again so that we can enjoy it again…after all, it’s all about US. lol

13. adria921

September 23, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Steve you take yourself WAY too seriously. Maybe Molly forgives you but she will never forget.
    You can forgive someone almost anything. Forgiving heals us personally. Forgiving is easy. To forget is much harder. To Nobody: get a life–banned 80 times from the abc boards for hating on Melissa?
    And you’d like to HIT her? For the life of ME, i can’t figure out why you, Nobody, spend so much time hating someone you’ll never deal with in real life. Holy crap! Get some therapy! Your life will suck if you keep this up.

14. my_4_girls

September 23, 2010 at 3:23 PM

I, too, started reading your blog during Jason’s season & have done so for the past couple of years. With all the others, I am also glad u appologized & got the truth out there. Sometimes life lessons are learned in view of the public & this is obviously one of those. Kudos to you, Steve, for showing good character… I have & will continue to read your column whenever there is a Bachellor/ette series on the air.

To amsf32… apparently you haven’t been reading his blog regularly — he gets paid by advertisers who have ads here on his blog. He didn’t use to do that, but began that in the past year due to encouragement from faithful readers for him to get some kind of paycheck for entertaining & informing us all. Apparently you aren’t someone who values people actually getting paid for the work they do.

Keep up the good work, Steve! I keep watching just so I can come here & read your column!

15. Dawn

September 23, 2010 at 4:00 PM

You are forgiven Steve. I wish all reporters were more like you. Thanks for your column. The shows have been much more fun to watch since I started reading it. 🙂

16. yuliya18

September 23, 2010 at 4:10 PM

everyone needs to stop all this hatin!!!
    @Nobody… get over yourself!!!! no one cares how you feel about Melissa so just seriously get over it. you don’t know her so go on with your life and stop bashing her. she can have any contract with abc and work with who ever she wants and if you don’t like it… oh well.. don’t watch her. no one cares what or who you like so if you got nothing good to say don’t say anything at all.. you oviously have problems if you get banned 80 times… get a life girl!
    adria921… i agree with you but i do believe you can forgive and forget. molly is a religious girl ( if you read her post you will see that) and i am sure she is over it and just happy. i don’t think she cares anymore… but i still agree with you that it is hard to forget. just not impossible.

17. Penthe

September 23, 2010 at 4:13 PM

“There are so many things that went on behind the scenes at that taping that will make your head spin, but there’s no point to get in to it now. ”

Seriously why do you keep doing this? Makes me think you’re full of shit.

18. Mochi22

September 23, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Well done Steve. Admitting you messed up is never easy.

I’ve never understood the whole “down with Jason and Molly” mentality. I always liked both Melisa and Molly. Sure, it sucked to be Melissa on the couch at the AFTR, but even in her anger she must’ve been able to see how easy it is to make a mistake like Jason did. And she knew it wasn’t working out. I think the public just didn’t like their cute little Melissa having to be alone and sit through the “Jason and Molly are together!” phase, so everyone took the exact opposite approach and villified them instead. To make matters worse, every tabloid loves a villain!

It doesn’t surprise me that Molly accepted your apology. She seems like a stand up gal. Their wedding was beautiful, heartwarming and adorably gag-worthy. I’ve always wished them nothing but the best and continue to do so.

19. Inky

September 23, 2010 at 5:27 PM

Spoken like a true Texan!

20. mja

September 23, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Good for RS for apologizing — I never cared whether Jason had been in touch with Molly before the ATFR taping, but did think the whole situation was complicated by the very public nature of it.

21. Dianne

September 23, 2010 at 5:39 PM

Penthe..doing what? What exactly is Steve doing that makes you think he’s full of it??

22. KayCee921

September 23, 2010 at 5:44 PM

Well done, Steve.

23. surrealtvfan

September 23, 2010 at 6:14 PM

Nice story, but apparently you forgot to add to the apology the part where you were sorry about being dead wrong when you kept saying/reporting that Molly and Jason wouldn’t last a hot minute together. I seem to remember that you were counting down the days for them to implode Steve. Or did you forget that part? So your apology is nice, but it is incomplete. After reading Molly’s comments, it is not surprising that she would accept Steve’s apology, she is a strong christian woman. But as to the issue itself, I think everone realizes that poor old Melissa has capitalized on the opportunity that “being dumped by Jason” had presented to her and people are getting really sick of her at this point. So I am sure that in the very near future Molly and Jason can return to the anonimity that they desire.

24. SherryfromD

September 23, 2010 at 6:14 PM

I think what Penthe means is mentioning all this behind the scenes scoop, but then not telling us what he is. I don’t think he is full of sh*t…I have no doubt he does have the scoop. A little torturous mentioning, but never telling us though. His column, his perogative, I know…

25. SherryfromD

September 23, 2010 at 6:15 PM

What it is…sorry

26. adria921

September 23, 2010 at 6:55 PM

yes yullya 18 it IS possible to forget – it just isn’t always EASY. and i seriously doubt molly considers
    steve an actual “friend”. i’m sure she isn’t sitting around wringing her hands over what he said anymore and she is happy and has moved on…yes…. but i don’t think she will ever forget what he said and i doubt she’d want or need to be “friends” with a guy like steve after what he did. forgiveness does not mean we want to have anything to do with the person who wronged us. it just means we no longer hold a grudge. we do not forgive the person for THEM so much as we do it for ourself. so we can heal and move on. and come on people–get real saying steve is such a great guy for apologizing-! if he is going to post on a blog that thousands read he SHOULD damn well be prepared to apologize if he screws up-!

27. sfmelissa

September 23, 2010 at 6:59 PM

Long time reader, but never commented…this column made me register on the site so I could leave a comment. Nice job Steve on your apology. I know sometimes it’s hard to stand up and say that you were wrong and that you regret your actions. A lot of people will never agree with what Jason did but you’re right–it’s hard to argue with the decision because overall, it worked out for the best for all parties involved.
    Kudos. 🙂

28. rlhurt82

September 23, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Steve- I started following your column during this scandal and we all know you aren’t the first one to jump ahead of yourself on a story but you are one of the few who had the decency to set the record straight and I respect that. I actually emailed you back and forth a few times back then and was impressed with how quickly you responded (and how funny your responses were) and since then I think I view the show similar to the way you do. People who say they want to hurt people on this show or they should go to hell seriously need therapy. I bet these are the same people that think soaps are real (like Brooke Shield’s guest spot on Friends). People this is a reality show with people out to get ratings and make a profit, stop acting like you know these people and just appreciate it for what it is. Thanks for setting stuff straight and I saw someone else in the comments (her name was Steffie) suggested advertising Jason’s organization. I don’t think you should ditch one of your major sponsors (like she suggested) because many readers forget you have had to upgrade your server due to how much your website has grown, plus it does take up your time so you deserve something out of this. Maybe it would be a sweet gesture to give him free advertising for a month or so. Thanks again for giving us interesting stuff to read week after week! 🙂

29. SKorch

September 23, 2010 at 7:14 PM

Well done, Steve. It takes guts to admit mistakes, especially ones that have such far-reaching consequences. I’ve been reading your column since you broke the Jason story and have thoroughly enjoyed it ever since. And I love being spoiled. I think that you bringing the show to task on its manipulation and allowing the show’s “villians” to have a voice after the fact has given that franchise some much-needed accountability. Keep up the good work and I will keep reading.

30. adria921

September 23, 2010 at 7:22 PM

I’m amazed at all you people who think apologizing for a screw up is such a huge deal and the person apologizing needs to be commended and admired for it. A GENTLEMAN ALWAYS APOLOGIZES. That’s what i was taught.

31. Jane B

September 23, 2010 at 7:40 PM

That’s great you apologized – TWO YEARS LATER – but you caused a lot of irreparable damage. You hurt people’s reputations who didn’t deserve it. You owed them that. I don’t like that you used it as an opportunity to drop hints the entire summer & Sept. to get people to keep reading your blog though. You don’t use an apology as a vehicle for to promote yourself. That just negates it, frankly.

32. Studiogirl

September 23, 2010 at 8:36 PM

Geez people…get over it already. I think it was very admirable of RS to apologize. To those who think it’s a publicity thing, it’s his site (and for the record, he should be able to write whatever the hell he wants to write) it’s where everything was written that he’s apologizing for…where else would you suggest he write it? God, lighten up.

33. VibeCat

September 23, 2010 at 10:39 PM

Well done, Steve. I’ve been here with you reading LONG before Jason’s season, and I will be reading here until you decide that are done – or until The Bachelor/ette series implodes, whichever comes first.

Funny man (I love a sense of humor), and a class act too.

34. carolyg

September 23, 2010 at 11:19 PM

This all happened how long ago?? Who cares! Water under the bridge, and besides… no one really cares about Molly or Jason!

35. ALR0321

September 23, 2010 at 11:36 PM

Steve- Good job apologizing. It is a very nice thing to do.
    BUT that being said, I think that you are beating yourself up too much over this. And all the commenters that say you hurt alot of people with your lies… here is the thing. I NEVER read your blog until somebody told me Jake chooses Vienna, and I refused to beleive it, til I read your blog. But I did watch Jason’s season, from start to finish. I had no idea what the turn out was going to be, and when they announced a special ATFR, I was truly intrigued. I saw Jason propose to Melissa, see how happy she was, and they were, and even told my roomate “I really hope they last”. Then in a matter of 10 minutes that was taken away. I watched how Jason decided to tell Melissa he was having feelings for Molly, and see her hurt. The in 10 more minutes, I see Molly and Jason making out on the couch as Melissa is driving away crying, but saying she will be alright. I HATED Jason for that. For choosing the wrong girl, and breaking the news about Molly on air. And then I hated Molly for acting like everything was SO GREAT, and kissing him right away. MY opinions of them were formed by their actions, and their actions alone. NOTHING from what RS told me. In fact, I never heard those rumors until months had passed. I understand everything worked out how it was supposed to, it just sucks people had to get hurt in the process. So RS, dont think the world being mad at those 2 had everything to do with what you said. It really isnt your fault.

36. sunny1

September 23, 2010 at 11:48 PM

Dear Steve,
    I haven’t logged in to comment for a VERY VERY long time, but after reading this I just had to write.

It takes an honest genuine human being to do what you just did. Thank you for that and thank you for showing what good journalism is about, which many of us have forgotten since it seems like tabloid journalism abounds everywhere.

You have also reminded each and every one of us how important it is for us to always try and be as honest and truthful as we can, because while it might affect others or not, it affects us. Whenever we aren’t truthful, I think it follows us always and comes up in different forms. You are now done with this issue and more importantly, this issue is done with you. It is the same for all of us. Thank you for this, it is GREAT! Have a fabulous weekend! Thanks for having the courage to do justice to Jason and Molly! I like your column even more now and I trust in a person who has the abilty to admit and correct their mistakes.

37. BronzeTan

September 24, 2010 at 12:22 AM

Steve,
    I’m with the group that admires you for your apology. It’s never easy to admit you’re wrong. Even more difficult is to say you’re wrong when even you admit, you were caught up in all the hoopla etc. You loved the attention and that’s human.

But I would have thought you would have learned a lesson and eaten a bit of humble pie since you DID know you were wrong 2 years ago. Instead, you have become increasingly arrogant in how you know everything, are always right etc. You got a lot of criticism for this in Ali’s season and it was well founded.
    So many of your long time fans asked you to stick more to your reviews than your diva like behavior; for instance when E! Entertainment took you off their Bachelor retrospective at the request of ABC.

I read your column very infrequently now because I’m tired of hearing about YOU….but that’s just my opinion.

Peace, out all

38. adria921

September 24, 2010 at 12:31 AM

I’m with Jane B –yeah Steve, it’s great you apologized – TWO YEARS LATER – !!
    If you had done it right away, I might be admiring you for it-! I also don’t like that you used it as an opportunity to drop hints the entire summer & Sept. just to get people to keep reading your blog !
    Like Jane says, you don’t use an apology as a vehicle for to promote yourself. Jane is right–what you did – taking 2 years & self promoting – hell, that just negates your damned apology!

39. Showsreality

September 24, 2010 at 12:49 AM

lol @ Molly is a nice Christian woman.

Nice Christian women do not date married men.

Molly seems to love Jason very much, his love though doesn’t seem as strong for her…The flowers he has bought her after being away for 2 and a half weeks really paltry…Jason get a clue in how to get a nice arrangement of flowers….Molly paints the house, Molly is left alone to move…Molly takes care of the house…Jason has been away for the biggest things that he should have been home for to help his wife…Molly is working etc etc…Jason is lazy and has a good girl for a wife.

40. JLBWorld

September 24, 2010 at 2:21 AM

Thanks Steve for clearing this up. we all make mistakes but often people cannot own up to them and I think Jason & Molly deserved the apology. It all makes so much more sense now as I just was having a hard time with Jason and ABC being apart of some plan to pick one girl when another one was the clear real choice.

The most important thing is between the three Jason, Molly and Melissa they all got their happy ending and they are all very happy so some times things happen for a reason. For sure some of the antics of others on shows since like Jake and even some on Jillian’s season and this time with Ali have been much more suspect. I like Jason and he and Molly seem the real deal, that is all that counts.

41. sohoman

September 25, 2010 at 3:14 PM

Great job Steve! I guess the answer is never assume anything you don’t know for sure!

42. sohoman

September 25, 2010 at 3:25 PM

lisa e & Nobody Says are complete MORONS!
    It seems to me that THEY are a BITTER OBESE HOGS. You don’t know Melissa and the reason ABC loves her is because she generates $$$$. Try to find something worthwhile to hate LIKE YOURSELF! You have been banned 80 times, what a NUT JOBS!

43. George Jefferson

September 26, 2010 at 1:58 PM

It’s been two years, and you’re just now realizing that you screwed up? Well I guess it’s better late than never. Either way, I still think Jason is a jerk for dumping Melissa on national tv. And for Reality Steve, I kind of hate what you do. Why do you get a kick out of spoiling shows? I can’t even go on the Bachelor or Bachelorette message boards out of fear that someone will spoil the show for me because of something you wrote.

44. adria921

September 26, 2010 at 4:42 PM

No George Jefferson, Reality Steve realized he screwed up ages ago– before the summer and yet he kept dropping hints on his blog to string people along and keep them reading this stuff he writes.
    AND NOW HE FINALLY APOLOGIZES. SO HE USED his apology as a vehicle to promote himself. Jane B is right–what Steve did – taking 2 years & self promoting – hell, that just negates his damned apology!
    Steve is full of himself and arrogant and takes himself way too seriously. I don’t care that he spoils shows – he warns you he will do that – but I hate his arrogance and self promotion. And the people commenting on here that Steve is so wonderful for apologizing amaze me.

45. sohoman

September 26, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Everything is heresay unless you were there. I still believe he wanted Molly from that first golf swing. NO One will ever know what really happened but them. We know from court cases eyewitness ID’s are worthless. But who couldn’t be persuaded with a big pile of cash. Jason’s first priority was his son. He knew Melissa would survive and prosper but had no idea he would make her a millionaire. He was paid for doing the Bachelor, for embarrassing Melissa and Three Million for the wedding, not a bad deal.

46. bucball

September 26, 2010 at 6:36 PM

lol molly and jason were not paid anywhere near three million dollars for their wedding. i have no clue where you got that number but you are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off.

47. RealityGirl

September 26, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Steve, You said that you wanted to respect Molly (about her not wanting to do the interview and re-hashing things that happened 2 years ago), well you didn’t respect her wishes by blogging an apology to them on your site. Think about it for a second……did you get it yet…..yes Steve, by you blogging about an apology about something that happened 2 years ago, you are only bringing more attention to your site and disrespecing Molly’s wishes to not re-hash things. I completely forgot about this crap that I was so into 2 years ago, but now YOU made me think about it again. You are re-hashing it. I wouldn’t be surprised if magazines take this apology and run with it…therefore bringing more attention to the subject that Molly obviously didn’t want to happen again.

Think Steve, think! Think before you do. Sheesh

48. addicted2trainwrecks

September 27, 2010 at 4:52 AM

In my book the sincere apology is what is important, the recognition of the wrong, no matter how long over due trumps not getting one at all or getting a lipservice apology. I believe it to be heartfelt and 100% sincere in my opinion.

One little puzzle on my end however. I really don’t understand any of you who hold RS in contempt and yet not only seek to read but also comment on this site. If I don’t care for someones opinion, I would not waste my time reading let alone writing in same. Don’t need to understand your motives, it just strikes me as curious.

49. adria921

September 27, 2010 at 1:07 PM

i mostly skim steve’s posts. they are too long and too arrogant for my taste. what i read over and over are the comments! i enjoy reading what others post more than i enjoy reading what steve writes. sure a belated apology is better late than never. i think what some of us find distasteful and ugly is the use of the apology as a self-promotion gimmick on steve’s part. the fact that he kept baiting his readers and stringing them along, is to me, not what a true gentleman & fine upstanding person does.

50. RealityGirl

September 27, 2010 at 2:01 PM

You are so right adria921. It’s exactly what you said…”a self-promotion gimmick on steve’s part”. I couldn’t have said it better.