Reader Emails

Michelle, Emily’s NASCAR Date, Tabloid News & Our Biggest “Reader Emails” Yet

My question is in regards to your “Friday Emails” column. I know people email dumb questions before they’ve even read through the site but I’m just curious if you’ve ever considered posting a FAQ’s column. I understand that your ads create revenue and that people searching through the pages gets more hits, but it would help people like me that truly do dig before hitting “compose”.

Comment: If I put up a “Frequently Asked Questions” column, it might take me a year to post it considering everything I get asked is repetitive for the most part. If people email me personally a repetitive question now, I just refer them to the Friday columns for the last three weeks and tell them it’s already been answered, go look for it. Hey, it’s better than ignoring the email and them sending it again.

I think the easiest way to know the answers is to just read the columns every time they come out. I swear, they’ll pretty much answer all your questions. Yes, I know they’re long. Yes, I know they’re wordy. And yes, I know I ramble. But the answers are in there. I promise.
________________________________________________________________

What’s up with Ashley’s silly band bracelets?

Comment: Well, since I don’t have direct access into Ashley Spivey’s fashion line and she doesn’t consult me on her choice of bracelets every morning, I have no f***ing clue. However, I decided to see if I could actually find an answer to this, so I checked any fan pages she might have, and I’m glad I did. According to one of her fan pages, the green bracelet she wears is a “Done Vida” bracelet, meaning “Donate Life”. It’s an organ donor bracelet. Her sister had this to say on one of her fan pages:

“She wears the green bracelet because our father passed away two years ago. When he passed, we made the decision to donate all his organs to organ donation. He saved several lives and gave two people better sight.”

Well, that’s awesome. I’m glad I went and found that. Makes me like her that much more. Now I’m gonna be pissed when we don’t get to see her anymore after Monday. No more accent, no more bikini shots, and no more spinner jokes. Oh well.
________________________________________________________________

If Emily decides not to be the next Bachelorette, do you think that they might ask Madison? They could rework her reasons for leaving into something noble and full of integrity. She could be like Brad and say, “I was not ready then, but I am now”.

Comment: Yeah, sure. Madison will totally be the next “Bachelorette”. I’ve heard Taylor Lautner and Robert Pattinson have already been cast as two of her suitors, too. And one of the 1-on-1 dates will be Madison and Taylor having a sit down dinner with a pack of wolves. I swear, I’ve never read any of the books or seen any of the movies. I’m getting that all from the previews and I what I hear from rabid female fans who can’t stop talking about that garbage. It’s a freakin’ movie. Quit getting so hysterical over vampires and werewolves for goodness sakes.
________________________________________________________________

This one came Fri, Jan. 21st:

Hi Steve,

Love reading your posts on your sites. Lots of great information and thank you for sharing with us. I thought you said you were going to post the four finalists on the Bachelor show by now. Any further updates?

Comment: I swear, I’m right on the brink of busting out with some BIG news regarding that. I think I’m almost there in regards to who the final four is. I mean, I’m just finally getting to remember these girls names and attach their faces to them. But soon enough, man, it’s gonna be like the talk of the internet when I tell everyone who the final four is. I’m SO excited! I’m sooooooo close, I can feel it. Please hang with me and keep reading. I know you won’t be disappointed. Thanks so much for being such a great fan and reading every post I’ve written since Dec. 8th. You have no idea how much that means to me.
________________________________________________________________

Hey Steve,

Really enjoy your spoilers – thanks!!

My question for you is – do you have a real job or has writing spoilers become your full-time paying job now (due to the advertising)?

Comment: I’ve had a real job all my life. This has always been something I did on the side. Started it in 2003, but didn’t make a cent until Feb. of last year (the 2nd month of Jake’s season) when the advertising first went up. Now, I’ve been fortunate enough in the past year to grow the fan base, which in turn makes the site more money. Am I gonna retire off it? Of course not. But for what I do, and the hard work I put into my site for the first seven years, I feel it’s a rewarding payoff now, lets put it that way.
________________________________________________________________

1. StaceyZ

January 28, 2011 at 1:05 PM

Curious why they dont have a black bachelor /bachelorette ?
    Or any other nationalities ?

thanks

2. ella

January 29, 2011 at 2:39 AM

Staceyz, We have a black president and he takes up more than enough TV time, if you want to see more black people on tv, watch COPS.

3. Athena

January 29, 2011 at 4:37 PM

ella, Racism is alive and well…inside YOU! This response is pathetic.

4. bebe

January 30, 2011 at 11:04 AM

It’s funny how people can ask why isn’t there a black this or that, but if we asked why there weren’t more white people playing basketball or football, or why aren’t there more white people in this or that business, they would be considered racist. Ever think that maybe there just wasn’t an opportunity yet? And when you have a group of 30 white women, usually only one or two have kids. In a group of 25-30 black men/women, they’d all have at least one kid, and who is going to watch all of their kids for up to 6 weeks? Think about it. And yes, racism is alive and well here in the USA. Against ALL races, not just blacks. Stop trying to change everyone else and change yourself.

5. bebe

January 30, 2011 at 11:07 AM

And for the record, there are just as many white people on Cops as there are black people. And Spanish people. And it’s my favorite show second only to the Bachelor/ette.

6. adria921

January 30, 2011 at 4:20 PM

and not only do almost all black women have several kids, they usually have had them fathered by different men and they seldom have even been married!

7. Dianne

January 31, 2011 at 6:06 AM

ummmm..people?? Since when did Steve’s blog become a forum for discussing black/white/hispanic etc? Knock off the racism crap and use this site for what it’s supposed to be used for. Take your “racism” garbage elsewhere.

8. mommyof2

January 31, 2011 at 8:30 AM

I agree with Dianne. Many of these comments are hateful and not to mention, off-topic. I think StacyZ’s question, however, is relevant. My guess would be that they cast white women since they figured A.) their chosen bachelor may prefer dating a white woman B.) white women may prefer dating their chosen bachelor C.) the show’s audience is predominately made up of white viewers, rather than other races D.) they decided not to be PC about everything anymore since other shows are losing their political correctness as well. Just my hunch, but I figure C.) would be the top reason.

StacyZ’s question was definitely relevant since every other season of the Bachelor/ette has included one or more contestants who were either black, hispanic, Asian, or something else. It was probably more of an observation on StacyZ’s part that this season, they omitted other races. No need for so many of you to go off on a tangent about how many kids white and black women have, which shows have more black people on them, etc… Completely ignorant, hateful, and classless. (Although, I have to agree that our current president- of whom I am not a fan- takes up too much TV time, but I don’t think it’s b/c he’s black. Ridiculous.).

9. Dianne

January 31, 2011 at 9:14 AM

Right on, mommy, and thank you!

10. LynnMJ

January 31, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Thanks, Dianne.

11. bebe

January 31, 2011 at 8:28 PM

The Stacey chick brought up the race issue! It’s completely irrelevant! Who cares what color their skin is, love doesn’t care about your skin color.

12. taz1102

January 31, 2011 at 9:00 PM

Is it just me or do Chantal and Brad have absolutely no chemistry? It is extremely awkward between the two of them and Chantal seems like a pushy, stage 5 clinger. He pauses abruptly every time she cries and looks @ her with an uncomfortable stare. I don’t see this lasting long…

13. gtogblog

February 1, 2011 at 9:16 AM

Great recap. Here another hilarious one by the guys at GTOG:

14. adria921

February 1, 2011 at 9:44 AM

Mommy & Dianne you two should get married.

15. Dianne

February 1, 2011 at 10:07 AM

Who says we’re not already, adria??

16. Cyndra

February 6, 2011 at 10:08 AM

So as far as Michelle is concerned. My take on her is she’s an actress planted into the show to stir up controversy and to make the season more “colorful”. If you all don’t beleive me take a look at this trailer for a movie she stars in that hmmmmmmm was filmed long before this season of the bachelor was even filmed!

Hairdresser my arse!!!

17. jorgiegirl

February 7, 2011 at 8:43 PM

@ Cyndra…and it makes even more sense knowing she’s from SLC and the promo page you posted indicates the novel can be purchased from Deseret Books. As if not enough, her IMBd page quotes one reader, “It looks like an Alpha lady with a crazy streak is what captures Brad Womack’s attention the most completely. Either that, or she’s a really good actress playing a future stalker and Brad Womack has been let in on the ratings secret by producers.”

18. Kelsie

February 8, 2011 at 11:10 AM

almost all black women do not have kids and if you surveyed 25-30 black people, all of them WOULD NOT have kids @ Bebe & Adria. You two are clearly racist. Do a higher percentage of black single women have kids when compared to white single women? yes but concluding that “almost all black women” have kids is a factually and statistically inaccurate statement. This is not the forum to spew your racist bigotry. Join the KKK.

19. bebe

February 19, 2011 at 5:30 PM

Keslie…just because i stated something it is assumed i am a racist and should join the KKK? so a black person saying a generalization about white people would classify them as a racist…lots of black racists around i guess then. check out comedy central, all of those people are racists, right?
    and you are right, not ALL of them would have kids. but MOST of them would. check some stats out on line. won’t be too hard to find…not just blacks, minorities in general.
    that’s not being racist, that’s being a realist. there is a difference, but usually only those of us who are educated understand it. i stopped seeing the world through rose-colored glasses a long time ago…you should too. not everyone is equal. money=power, no matter what your race is unfortunately.