Reader Emails

Michelle, Emily’s NASCAR Date, Tabloid News & Our Biggest “Reader Emails” Yet

Hey Steve,
I’ve looked through your old columns and I saw something about Dr. Steve, an old advice column that you used to do? I thought that was really interesting and I’m wondering the chances of starting that up again.

Comment: It’s possible. If people want to start sending in relationship/marriage/sex questions again, sure, I’d be up for it. And in addition, just like that the last few that I posted, I’d probably bring along a female guest columnist to answer them as well, so you get both sides of the spectrum. So anyone want to send those in, be my guest. Once I feel I’ve got enough questions to run a column with, then I’ll post it. And just so you know if you don’t remember those old “Dr. Reality Steve” emails (which are down the right hand column if you look), I was basically like a younger Dr. Drew with my brilliance. I feel like I helped save relationships without even charging $1000 an hour. Or something like that.
________________________________________________________________

Hey RS

I love your column and I read it every week. I was wondering, when it gets down to the last few girls on the show, why aren’t they allowed to see/talk to each other until rose ceremonies? It doesn’t make sense that they are separated at the very end, but they live together for the first few weeks.

Comment: Yeah, it does. I mean, it’s a little extreme that they don’t even let these people barely glance at each other once it’s down to the final four, but basically, they don’t want the women influencing Brad or each other. Take this season for example. After the hometown dates, the rose ceremony is at a hotel in New York. Those women are brought there separately, brought into a room, and told to stand there and not say a word to each other. Brad makes his decision, will send Shawntel home, then immediately Ashley H, Emily, and Chantal are wisked away without getting to speak to each other and off to their separate hotel rooms for the night until they leave for South Africa.

They don’t want these four women conversing, sharing stories about hometown dates, and just being chatty with each other because they feel like some women might find stuff out about someone else’s hometown that will upset them, or maybe make them question Brad. And knowing how much these women want to win at that point, you can bet some lying and fibbing will be going on, so then that insecure women will run to Brad asking questions, he might get annoyed by it, then decide he doesn’t want her, when it all could’ve been because of a lie. So that’s why they don’t let them speak to each other for the rest of the show the minute the hometown dates begin.
________________________________________________________________

Hey Steve I’ve got a crazy question. I know it might sound dumb but like I said it’s crazy! Ok so you love writing spoilers about the bachelor and bachelorette so my question is if they asked you to do the bachelor would you? I told you it was crazy.

Comment: They will never ask me in a million years, so I’m not worried. However, they probably should considering that’s the only way they’d be able to stop me from spoiling their show. If I’m on it, I obviously can’t write a blog about it. So that’s their best bet at this point. But they never will, I’d never apply, so it’s not worth getting into a discussion about. Not to mention, I’m too old for this show. I’m 35. Might as well be 55 considering they like casting barely legal teens. Well, at least this season they did.
________________________________________________________________

Steve,

I think The Bachelor might have reached a new milestone. I noticed that before the airing of episode 1, you revealed to your readers which girls were, ahem, surgically enhanced. I’m sure you noticed that in this week’s show, Ashley S., Alli, and Emily were given roses in succession. Correct me if I’m wrong as you have been following the shower longer than I, but I am willing to bet that’s the longest streak of roses given to women with fake cans: 3 consecutively. Factor in that Chantal and Michelle also have fake melons, and that makes 5 of the remaining 11 women which have enhanced chesticles, which is nearly half. Call me pessimistic, but I don’t view this as coincidence. Also, an aside question. Of the remaining women who have fake knockers, who’s were done the best?

Comment: (Just to let you know, this question came from the same dude last week who said he found Madison attractive and that what guy wouldn’t be into a little choking or biting here and there. Uh huh. Let’s see what other sexual perversion he can come up with next week. That is, if he hasn’t been arrested for public indecency). Best boob job left on the show? I’ll go with Ashley Spivey, hands down. Sorry, I’m now biased towards her after finding out about the bracelet and already declaring her best southern belle they’ve ever had in Tuesday’s column.
________________________________________________________________

1. StaceyZ

January 28, 2011 at 1:05 PM

Curious why they dont have a black bachelor /bachelorette ?
    Or any other nationalities ?

thanks

2. ella

January 29, 2011 at 2:39 AM

Staceyz, We have a black president and he takes up more than enough TV time, if you want to see more black people on tv, watch COPS.

3. Athena

January 29, 2011 at 4:37 PM

ella, Racism is alive and well…inside YOU! This response is pathetic.

4. bebe

January 30, 2011 at 11:04 AM

It’s funny how people can ask why isn’t there a black this or that, but if we asked why there weren’t more white people playing basketball or football, or why aren’t there more white people in this or that business, they would be considered racist. Ever think that maybe there just wasn’t an opportunity yet? And when you have a group of 30 white women, usually only one or two have kids. In a group of 25-30 black men/women, they’d all have at least one kid, and who is going to watch all of their kids for up to 6 weeks? Think about it. And yes, racism is alive and well here in the USA. Against ALL races, not just blacks. Stop trying to change everyone else and change yourself.

5. bebe

January 30, 2011 at 11:07 AM

And for the record, there are just as many white people on Cops as there are black people. And Spanish people. And it’s my favorite show second only to the Bachelor/ette.

6. adria921

January 30, 2011 at 4:20 PM

and not only do almost all black women have several kids, they usually have had them fathered by different men and they seldom have even been married!

7. Dianne

January 31, 2011 at 6:06 AM

ummmm..people?? Since when did Steve’s blog become a forum for discussing black/white/hispanic etc? Knock off the racism crap and use this site for what it’s supposed to be used for. Take your “racism” garbage elsewhere.

8. mommyof2

January 31, 2011 at 8:30 AM

I agree with Dianne. Many of these comments are hateful and not to mention, off-topic. I think StacyZ’s question, however, is relevant. My guess would be that they cast white women since they figured A.) their chosen bachelor may prefer dating a white woman B.) white women may prefer dating their chosen bachelor C.) the show’s audience is predominately made up of white viewers, rather than other races D.) they decided not to be PC about everything anymore since other shows are losing their political correctness as well. Just my hunch, but I figure C.) would be the top reason.

StacyZ’s question was definitely relevant since every other season of the Bachelor/ette has included one or more contestants who were either black, hispanic, Asian, or something else. It was probably more of an observation on StacyZ’s part that this season, they omitted other races. No need for so many of you to go off on a tangent about how many kids white and black women have, which shows have more black people on them, etc… Completely ignorant, hateful, and classless. (Although, I have to agree that our current president- of whom I am not a fan- takes up too much TV time, but I don’t think it’s b/c he’s black. Ridiculous.).

9. Dianne

January 31, 2011 at 9:14 AM

Right on, mommy, and thank you!

10. LynnMJ

January 31, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Thanks, Dianne.

11. bebe

January 31, 2011 at 8:28 PM

The Stacey chick brought up the race issue! It’s completely irrelevant! Who cares what color their skin is, love doesn’t care about your skin color.

12. taz1102

January 31, 2011 at 9:00 PM

Is it just me or do Chantal and Brad have absolutely no chemistry? It is extremely awkward between the two of them and Chantal seems like a pushy, stage 5 clinger. He pauses abruptly every time she cries and looks @ her with an uncomfortable stare. I don’t see this lasting long…

13. gtogblog

February 1, 2011 at 9:16 AM

Great recap. Here another hilarious one by the guys at GTOG:

14. adria921

February 1, 2011 at 9:44 AM

Mommy & Dianne you two should get married.

15. Dianne

February 1, 2011 at 10:07 AM

Who says we’re not already, adria??

16. Cyndra

February 6, 2011 at 10:08 AM

So as far as Michelle is concerned. My take on her is she’s an actress planted into the show to stir up controversy and to make the season more “colorful”. If you all don’t beleive me take a look at this trailer for a movie she stars in that hmmmmmmm was filmed long before this season of the bachelor was even filmed!

Hairdresser my arse!!!

17. jorgiegirl

February 7, 2011 at 8:43 PM

@ Cyndra…and it makes even more sense knowing she’s from SLC and the promo page you posted indicates the novel can be purchased from Deseret Books. As if not enough, her IMBd page quotes one reader, “It looks like an Alpha lady with a crazy streak is what captures Brad Womack’s attention the most completely. Either that, or she’s a really good actress playing a future stalker and Brad Womack has been let in on the ratings secret by producers.”

18. Kelsie

February 8, 2011 at 11:10 AM

almost all black women do not have kids and if you surveyed 25-30 black people, all of them WOULD NOT have kids @ Bebe & Adria. You two are clearly racist. Do a higher percentage of black single women have kids when compared to white single women? yes but concluding that “almost all black women” have kids is a factually and statistically inaccurate statement. This is not the forum to spew your racist bigotry. Join the KKK.

19. bebe

February 19, 2011 at 5:30 PM

Keslie…just because i stated something it is assumed i am a racist and should join the KKK? so a black person saying a generalization about white people would classify them as a racist…lots of black racists around i guess then. check out comedy central, all of those people are racists, right?
    and you are right, not ALL of them would have kids. but MOST of them would. check some stats out on line. won’t be too hard to find…not just blacks, minorities in general.
    that’s not being racist, that’s being a realist. there is a difference, but usually only those of us who are educated understand it. i stopped seeing the world through rose-colored glasses a long time ago…you should too. not everyone is equal. money=power, no matter what your race is unfortunately.