Reader Emails

Michelle, Emily’s NASCAR Date, Tabloid News & Our Biggest “Reader Emails” Yet

What’s up with them practically giving us Chantal and Brad on a silver platter? Even Chris Harrison in his blog compared there first date to the Ali and Roberto and Jake and Vienna? Usually they are hell bent on proving you wrong!

Comment: Ummmm, kinda hard to prove me wrong when the show’s already been filmed and Brad chose Chantal. Although, I’m sure the “Hey, I’m hearing they re-shot the ending” rumors will be starting up aaaaaaaaannnnny minute now like they do every season at this time.
________________________________________________________________

Hi Steve,

I just have some questions for you after watching the latest Bachelor episode. Kind of random, but I don’t think you’ve answered this before and I’m sure other girls are curious about this too.

1) On the one-on-one dates, do the girls bring a bag with make-up and hair stuff and extra clothes? For example on Psycho Michelle’s date they jump into the pool, and her clothes get soaked and her hair and make-up are ruined. So does she then get an hour to go get ready again and change and re-do her hair? Because after the scene in the pool it jumps to them talking and her hair is all done and curled and her make-up is redone and she has a new dry outfit on. Just wondering. I can imagine it would be slightly annoying to Brad to have to wait two hours for a girl to get ready, and also a waste of time they could be spending together. I would also imagine it would be a turn off to Brad to know that the girl is super high-maintenance and takes forever to get ready.

2) Will you ever do reality blogging as your full-time job? Do you make enough money from the ads on your site to make a decent living doing this? You’d probably go crazy I assume if this was your only job, and I believe I’ve heard you mention what your full-time job is. Do you consider this like a second job? Or just something you do on the side?

Comment: 1) Each date takes up pretty much the whole day. You’re seeing a 15 minute clip of it. So of course the women have a change of clothes and make-up kit. While she’s doing all that stuff, Brad’s talking to producers, going over what’s happening next, where they’re going, they’re prepping him on saying the same fifteen things he says every episode. So trust me, there’s plenty of down time for both of them. This isn’t the real world where Brad’s ready in fifteen minutes and is just sitting on a couch watching “SportsCenter” while his chick takes 90 minutes to shower, shave, and flat iron her hair. There’s plenty of stuff going on behind the scenes to kill time.

2) I think it’s awesome how so many people care about me in the workforce. Full time blogging as my only job? Uhhh, I guess if the right situation presented itself I would. But I’m very happy with what I do now, it allows me plenty of free time to work on the site, and make a second income on the side. By no means do I look at the website as a “job”. It’s something that I do on the side which turned into a nice little lucrative second income, and that’s it. If it turns in to something more, I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it. Not counting my chickens before they hatch. Whatever happens, happens. It is what it is. Would you like me to keep going on the cliches?
________________________________________________________________

Hi Steve,

Love your site!

I can’t seem to get more than the two pages of spoilers for Brad’s show. The last page has the photos of Michelle on it. How do I get to the other pages? I have clicked on every link I can find. I want to read about each show and who gets eliminated now that I know all the girls. It was there before the show started but I didn’t know who was who at that time. Did you remove it from the site?

Comment: This was awesome. I already went back and forth with this reader on email earlier this week because I honestly didn’t know what they were talking about, but it was hilarious, so I figured I’d share it with you. I figured out they didn’t realize there are three different posts to every page. When you click on “Bachelor Brad Spoilers”, that column comes up first, you read a few paragraphs, then it ends and says “Read More”, then once you click that, it brings you to the rest of the spoilers. Simple enough, right? No, apparently that was a little too complex for that person.

Once they clicked on “Bachelor Brad Spoilers” at the top of the page, they just continued scrolling all the way down to the bottom of the page under the last column titled “More Confirmed Bachelor Contestants, an On Location Picture, Plus D Magazine Contest Finals – 10/27/10”. That’s the one that has pics of Michelle and only has two pages.

I can’t believe I had to explain that. Well, yes I can. Nothing surprises me at this point anymore.
________________________________________________________________

1. StaceyZ

January 28, 2011 at 1:05 PM

Curious why they dont have a black bachelor /bachelorette ?
    Or any other nationalities ?

thanks

2. ella

January 29, 2011 at 2:39 AM

Staceyz, We have a black president and he takes up more than enough TV time, if you want to see more black people on tv, watch COPS.

3. Athena

January 29, 2011 at 4:37 PM

ella, Racism is alive and well…inside YOU! This response is pathetic.

4. bebe

January 30, 2011 at 11:04 AM

It’s funny how people can ask why isn’t there a black this or that, but if we asked why there weren’t more white people playing basketball or football, or why aren’t there more white people in this or that business, they would be considered racist. Ever think that maybe there just wasn’t an opportunity yet? And when you have a group of 30 white women, usually only one or two have kids. In a group of 25-30 black men/women, they’d all have at least one kid, and who is going to watch all of their kids for up to 6 weeks? Think about it. And yes, racism is alive and well here in the USA. Against ALL races, not just blacks. Stop trying to change everyone else and change yourself.

5. bebe

January 30, 2011 at 11:07 AM

And for the record, there are just as many white people on Cops as there are black people. And Spanish people. And it’s my favorite show second only to the Bachelor/ette.

6. adria921

January 30, 2011 at 4:20 PM

and not only do almost all black women have several kids, they usually have had them fathered by different men and they seldom have even been married!

7. Dianne

January 31, 2011 at 6:06 AM

ummmm..people?? Since when did Steve’s blog become a forum for discussing black/white/hispanic etc? Knock off the racism crap and use this site for what it’s supposed to be used for. Take your “racism” garbage elsewhere.

8. mommyof2

January 31, 2011 at 8:30 AM

I agree with Dianne. Many of these comments are hateful and not to mention, off-topic. I think StacyZ’s question, however, is relevant. My guess would be that they cast white women since they figured A.) their chosen bachelor may prefer dating a white woman B.) white women may prefer dating their chosen bachelor C.) the show’s audience is predominately made up of white viewers, rather than other races D.) they decided not to be PC about everything anymore since other shows are losing their political correctness as well. Just my hunch, but I figure C.) would be the top reason.

StacyZ’s question was definitely relevant since every other season of the Bachelor/ette has included one or more contestants who were either black, hispanic, Asian, or something else. It was probably more of an observation on StacyZ’s part that this season, they omitted other races. No need for so many of you to go off on a tangent about how many kids white and black women have, which shows have more black people on them, etc… Completely ignorant, hateful, and classless. (Although, I have to agree that our current president- of whom I am not a fan- takes up too much TV time, but I don’t think it’s b/c he’s black. Ridiculous.).

9. Dianne

January 31, 2011 at 9:14 AM

Right on, mommy, and thank you!

10. LynnMJ

January 31, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Thanks, Dianne.

11. bebe

January 31, 2011 at 8:28 PM

The Stacey chick brought up the race issue! It’s completely irrelevant! Who cares what color their skin is, love doesn’t care about your skin color.

12. taz1102

January 31, 2011 at 9:00 PM

Is it just me or do Chantal and Brad have absolutely no chemistry? It is extremely awkward between the two of them and Chantal seems like a pushy, stage 5 clinger. He pauses abruptly every time she cries and looks @ her with an uncomfortable stare. I don’t see this lasting long…

13. gtogblog

February 1, 2011 at 9:16 AM

Great recap. Here another hilarious one by the guys at GTOG:

14. adria921

February 1, 2011 at 9:44 AM

Mommy & Dianne you two should get married.

15. Dianne

February 1, 2011 at 10:07 AM

Who says we’re not already, adria??

16. Cyndra

February 6, 2011 at 10:08 AM

So as far as Michelle is concerned. My take on her is she’s an actress planted into the show to stir up controversy and to make the season more “colorful”. If you all don’t beleive me take a look at this trailer for a movie she stars in that hmmmmmmm was filmed long before this season of the bachelor was even filmed!

Hairdresser my arse!!!

17. jorgiegirl

February 7, 2011 at 8:43 PM

@ Cyndra…and it makes even more sense knowing she’s from SLC and the promo page you posted indicates the novel can be purchased from Deseret Books. As if not enough, her IMBd page quotes one reader, “It looks like an Alpha lady with a crazy streak is what captures Brad Womack’s attention the most completely. Either that, or she’s a really good actress playing a future stalker and Brad Womack has been let in on the ratings secret by producers.”

18. Kelsie

February 8, 2011 at 11:10 AM

almost all black women do not have kids and if you surveyed 25-30 black people, all of them WOULD NOT have kids @ Bebe & Adria. You two are clearly racist. Do a higher percentage of black single women have kids when compared to white single women? yes but concluding that “almost all black women” have kids is a factually and statistically inaccurate statement. This is not the forum to spew your racist bigotry. Join the KKK.

19. bebe

February 19, 2011 at 5:30 PM

Keslie…just because i stated something it is assumed i am a racist and should join the KKK? so a black person saying a generalization about white people would classify them as a racist…lots of black racists around i guess then. check out comedy central, all of those people are racists, right?
    and you are right, not ALL of them would have kids. but MOST of them would. check some stats out on line. won’t be too hard to find…not just blacks, minorities in general.
    that’s not being racist, that’s being a realist. there is a difference, but usually only those of us who are educated understand it. i stopped seeing the world through rose-colored glasses a long time ago…you should too. not everyone is equal. money=power, no matter what your race is unfortunately.