This email came after Tuesday’s column when I told people to start guessing which was the latest rumored “couple”:
are the ones in question Peyton and Chris??
Comment: THREE times I got emails guessing those two. THREE FREAKIN’ TIMES. Even though in Tuesday’s column, ON THE VERY FIRST PAGE (so not like it was buried on page 5 or something where they never got to it), I took two paragraphs to explain to everyone that Chris and Peyton are a couple and have been since September. Maybe I should ask that for every email that’s sent to me from here on out, you must include your IQ in the subject line. Think that’d help? Nahhhhh, me neither. It’s a lost cause at this point. Speaking of lost causes…
This email also came after I posted Tuesday’s column, but before I posted later that night about the rumored “couple”:
Today is the 25th, you said on the 24th blog, you would post some dirt.@ 9EST,.I dont see it on the blog or anywhere else. Where is it?
Comment: Seriously? So this person obviously read Tuesday’s column, or else they wouldn’t have known that I was going to post something later that night. And in case you haven’t figured out by now, for the last, oh I don’t know five years, every recap I post has the date of when the show aired, and not when I posted it. I post the date of the Monday it was on, but the column never goes up til Tuesday. It’s just easier for me to go back and remember when I look at the dates it aired, as opposed to when I wrote. So even if this person was a novice, they still would know that by reading what they read earlier in the day, that I obviously didn’t post that Monday night, since that wouldn’t have made any sense. Not to mention when that person emailed me, it was only 8:00 EST, so it’s not like I was late with the column. And if they actually did think I posted that on the 24th, how could I have news at 9:00 EST considering the show would’ve still been airing? I’m sorry. My brain just exploded. Let me wipe brain particles off my computer screen.
Hi RS. I am a big fan, blah, blah, blah. I am sure you hear all this crap from every email. I read every column and you keep me quite entertained. I felt obligated to add to your asinine questions.
Do you think the contestants read your blog? Just a thought. Wonder if they get offended? Although, I know you really don’t care cause it is all for fun and they want to be in the spot light, right??? Expect criticism! Anyway, keep it up! Thank you for the humor!
Comment: I will say this: Every contestant that I’ve ever heard from, whether through email or in person, has told me they enjoy the column. Could they be lying to my face? Sure. But I’ve never had one former contestant in eight years writing this column ever say they were offended by anything I’ve written. Not one. The closest would be Trista, but even she admitted she never really read it, she just “heard” what people told her I said. But I’ve got no problem with her. Now with over 400 people that have once been on this show, obviously I haven’t heard from probably 90% of them. But I’ve never gotten a nasty email from any of them in the time I’ve been writing. So if they have a problem with me, I certainly don’t know about it. And if some did, I wouldn’t be shocked. I’m sure they might tell others they don’t like what I said or whatever, but no, I’ve never personally been told by a former contestant they were offended, or they hate me, or called me names.
Regarding this weekends reunion in NYC (and others, I recall you indicated there would also be one in LA and Chicago):
1. Does ABC pick up the entire tab of the weekend such as airfare, hotel, food or just the actual party Saturday night?
2. Is this the first such reunion weekend hosted by ABC? We know ABC has done the Bach gives back events in the past and Jesse C has put reunions together without ABC.
3. How many alum’s show up at this thing? Will the girls from Bach 15 be included?
4. How many staff does it take to film etc.? The hotel is not huge, do they book the entire hotel to ensure privacy?
5. Would you consider doing a reader poll, to see which combination of alums your readers would like to see on BPII? Could be a fun perspective!
Comment: 1) From what I was told, there were a limited number of rooms available for free. It was first come first serve. Whoever got back to them quickest got their room comped. Others had to pay their own way. I’m pretty sure everyone had to pay their own airfare, but food and drinks I’m guessing are on the house all night long.
2) I believe this is the first one they’ve actually hosted. They’ve had cameras at some of the past reunions so they could show footage at the “Tell All” shows, but this is the first being put on by them. Lets remember, this “reunion” this weekend is nothing more than a chance for them to create storylines for “Bachelor Pad 2”. They want people hooking up, they want drama, and they want ITM’s of people so they can build something heading into the next season. It’s basically an on-camera audition for those they’re interested in casting.
3) I’ve heard the turn out is supposed to be really good. They’re expecting quite a few. Pretty much the names you would expect. But no, none of the women from Brad’s season are allowed to go. They obviously don’t want them talking to former cast members because their season is still airing, and they don’t want these women saying anything that they shouldn’t be. And put them in that situation, with alcohol involved, then of course these women will end up spilling stuff. Not happening. They’re not allowed to go.
4) I don’t think they rent out the whole hotel. And remember, none of these contestants can bring wives/husbands/significant others, unless that person happens to have once been on the show. It’s strictly just for any former contestant on the show. Sunday’s charity event in Times Square is open to anyone. But Saturday nights party is exclusive to just staff and former cast members.
5) I don’t think any poll I do will have any effect whatsoever on who they cast for “BP2”, so it seems pointless. They pretty much know who they want already, I assume.
So if you’d like to possibly see your email posted in next Friday’s column, send your emails to: firstname.lastname@example.org. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Or join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page. Talk to you Tuesday.