Reader Emails

Michelle, Emily’s NASCAR Date, Tabloid News & Our Biggest “Reader Emails” Yet

This email came after Tuesday’s column when I told people to start guessing which was the latest rumored “couple”:

are the ones in question Peyton and Chris??

Comment: THREE times I got emails guessing those two. THREE FREAKIN’ TIMES. Even though in Tuesday’s column, ON THE VERY FIRST PAGE (so not like it was buried on page 5 or something where they never got to it), I took two paragraphs to explain to everyone that Chris and Peyton are a couple and have been since September. Maybe I should ask that for every email that’s sent to me from here on out, you must include your IQ in the subject line. Think that’d help? Nahhhhh, me neither. It’s a lost cause at this point. Speaking of lost causes…
________________________________________________________________

This email also came after I posted Tuesday’s column, but before I posted later that night about the rumored “couple”:

Today is the 25th, you said on the 24th blog, you would post some dirt.@ 9EST,.I dont see it on the blog or anywhere else. Where is it?

Comment: Seriously? So this person obviously read Tuesday’s column, or else they wouldn’t have known that I was going to post something later that night. And in case you haven’t figured out by now, for the last, oh I don’t know five years, every recap I post has the date of when the show aired, and not when I posted it. I post the date of the Monday it was on, but the column never goes up til Tuesday. It’s just easier for me to go back and remember when I look at the dates it aired, as opposed to when I wrote. So even if this person was a novice, they still would know that by reading what they read earlier in the day, that I obviously didn’t post that Monday night, since that wouldn’t have made any sense. Not to mention when that person emailed me, it was only 8:00 EST, so it’s not like I was late with the column. And if they actually did think I posted that on the 24th, how could I have news at 9:00 EST considering the show would’ve still been airing? I’m sorry. My brain just exploded. Let me wipe brain particles off my computer screen.
________________________________________________________________

Hi RS. I am a big fan, blah, blah, blah. I am sure you hear all this crap from every email. I read every column and you keep me quite entertained. I felt obligated to add to your asinine questions.

Do you think the contestants read your blog? Just a thought. Wonder if they get offended? Although, I know you really don’t care cause it is all for fun and they want to be in the spot light, right??? Expect criticism! Anyway, keep it up! Thank you for the humor!

Comment: I will say this: Every contestant that I’ve ever heard from, whether through email or in person, has told me they enjoy the column. Could they be lying to my face? Sure. But I’ve never had one former contestant in eight years writing this column ever say they were offended by anything I’ve written. Not one. The closest would be Trista, but even she admitted she never really read it, she just “heard” what people told her I said. But I’ve got no problem with her. Now with over 400 people that have once been on this show, obviously I haven’t heard from probably 90% of them. But I’ve never gotten a nasty email from any of them in the time I’ve been writing. So if they have a problem with me, I certainly don’t know about it. And if some did, I wouldn’t be shocked. I’m sure they might tell others they don’t like what I said or whatever, but no, I’ve never personally been told by a former contestant they were offended, or they hate me, or called me names.
________________________________________________________________

Regarding this weekends reunion in NYC (and others, I recall you indicated there would also be one in LA and Chicago):

1. Does ABC pick up the entire tab of the weekend such as airfare, hotel, food or just the actual party Saturday night?
2. Is this the first such reunion weekend hosted by ABC? We know ABC has done the Bach gives back events in the past and Jesse C has put reunions together without ABC.
3. How many alum’s show up at this thing? Will the girls from Bach 15 be included?
4. How many staff does it take to film etc.? The hotel is not huge, do they book the entire hotel to ensure privacy?
5. Would you consider doing a reader poll, to see which combination of alums your readers would like to see on BPII? Could be a fun perspective!

Comment: 1) From what I was told, there were a limited number of rooms available for free. It was first come first serve. Whoever got back to them quickest got their room comped. Others had to pay their own way. I’m pretty sure everyone had to pay their own airfare, but food and drinks I’m guessing are on the house all night long.

2) I believe this is the first one they’ve actually hosted. They’ve had cameras at some of the past reunions so they could show footage at the “Tell All” shows, but this is the first being put on by them. Lets remember, this “reunion” this weekend is nothing more than a chance for them to create storylines for “Bachelor Pad 2”. They want people hooking up, they want drama, and they want ITM’s of people so they can build something heading into the next season. It’s basically an on-camera audition for those they’re interested in casting.

3) I’ve heard the turn out is supposed to be really good. They’re expecting quite a few. Pretty much the names you would expect. But no, none of the women from Brad’s season are allowed to go. They obviously don’t want them talking to former cast members because their season is still airing, and they don’t want these women saying anything that they shouldn’t be. And put them in that situation, with alcohol involved, then of course these women will end up spilling stuff. Not happening. They’re not allowed to go.

4) I don’t think they rent out the whole hotel. And remember, none of these contestants can bring wives/husbands/significant others, unless that person happens to have once been on the show. It’s strictly just for any former contestant on the show. Sunday’s charity event in Times Square is open to anyone. But Saturday nights party is exclusive to just staff and former cast members.

5) I don’t think any poll I do will have any effect whatsoever on who they cast for “BP2”, so it seems pointless. They pretty much know who they want already, I assume.

So if you’d like to possibly see your email posted in next Friday’s column, send your emails to: steve@realitysteve.com. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Or join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page. Talk to you Tuesday.

1. StaceyZ

January 28, 2011 at 1:05 PM

Curious why they dont have a black bachelor /bachelorette ?
    Or any other nationalities ?

thanks

2. ella

January 29, 2011 at 2:39 AM

Staceyz, We have a black president and he takes up more than enough TV time, if you want to see more black people on tv, watch COPS.

3. Athena

January 29, 2011 at 4:37 PM

ella, Racism is alive and well…inside YOU! This response is pathetic.

4. bebe

January 30, 2011 at 11:04 AM

It’s funny how people can ask why isn’t there a black this or that, but if we asked why there weren’t more white people playing basketball or football, or why aren’t there more white people in this or that business, they would be considered racist. Ever think that maybe there just wasn’t an opportunity yet? And when you have a group of 30 white women, usually only one or two have kids. In a group of 25-30 black men/women, they’d all have at least one kid, and who is going to watch all of their kids for up to 6 weeks? Think about it. And yes, racism is alive and well here in the USA. Against ALL races, not just blacks. Stop trying to change everyone else and change yourself.

5. bebe

January 30, 2011 at 11:07 AM

And for the record, there are just as many white people on Cops as there are black people. And Spanish people. And it’s my favorite show second only to the Bachelor/ette.

6. adria921

January 30, 2011 at 4:20 PM

and not only do almost all black women have several kids, they usually have had them fathered by different men and they seldom have even been married!

7. Dianne

January 31, 2011 at 6:06 AM

ummmm..people?? Since when did Steve’s blog become a forum for discussing black/white/hispanic etc? Knock off the racism crap and use this site for what it’s supposed to be used for. Take your “racism” garbage elsewhere.

8. mommyof2

January 31, 2011 at 8:30 AM

I agree with Dianne. Many of these comments are hateful and not to mention, off-topic. I think StacyZ’s question, however, is relevant. My guess would be that they cast white women since they figured A.) their chosen bachelor may prefer dating a white woman B.) white women may prefer dating their chosen bachelor C.) the show’s audience is predominately made up of white viewers, rather than other races D.) they decided not to be PC about everything anymore since other shows are losing their political correctness as well. Just my hunch, but I figure C.) would be the top reason.

StacyZ’s question was definitely relevant since every other season of the Bachelor/ette has included one or more contestants who were either black, hispanic, Asian, or something else. It was probably more of an observation on StacyZ’s part that this season, they omitted other races. No need for so many of you to go off on a tangent about how many kids white and black women have, which shows have more black people on them, etc… Completely ignorant, hateful, and classless. (Although, I have to agree that our current president- of whom I am not a fan- takes up too much TV time, but I don’t think it’s b/c he’s black. Ridiculous.).

9. Dianne

January 31, 2011 at 9:14 AM

Right on, mommy, and thank you!

10. LynnMJ

January 31, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Thanks, Dianne.

11. bebe

January 31, 2011 at 8:28 PM

The Stacey chick brought up the race issue! It’s completely irrelevant! Who cares what color their skin is, love doesn’t care about your skin color.

12. taz1102

January 31, 2011 at 9:00 PM

Is it just me or do Chantal and Brad have absolutely no chemistry? It is extremely awkward between the two of them and Chantal seems like a pushy, stage 5 clinger. He pauses abruptly every time she cries and looks @ her with an uncomfortable stare. I don’t see this lasting long…

13. gtogblog

February 1, 2011 at 9:16 AM

Great recap. Here another hilarious one by the guys at GTOG:

14. adria921

February 1, 2011 at 9:44 AM

Mommy & Dianne you two should get married.

15. Dianne

February 1, 2011 at 10:07 AM

Who says we’re not already, adria??

16. Cyndra

February 6, 2011 at 10:08 AM

So as far as Michelle is concerned. My take on her is she’s an actress planted into the show to stir up controversy and to make the season more “colorful”. If you all don’t beleive me take a look at this trailer for a movie she stars in that hmmmmmmm was filmed long before this season of the bachelor was even filmed!

Hairdresser my arse!!!

17. jorgiegirl

February 7, 2011 at 8:43 PM

@ Cyndra…and it makes even more sense knowing she’s from SLC and the promo page you posted indicates the novel can be purchased from Deseret Books. As if not enough, her IMBd page quotes one reader, “It looks like an Alpha lady with a crazy streak is what captures Brad Womack’s attention the most completely. Either that, or she’s a really good actress playing a future stalker and Brad Womack has been let in on the ratings secret by producers.”

18. Kelsie

February 8, 2011 at 11:10 AM

almost all black women do not have kids and if you surveyed 25-30 black people, all of them WOULD NOT have kids @ Bebe & Adria. You two are clearly racist. Do a higher percentage of black single women have kids when compared to white single women? yes but concluding that “almost all black women” have kids is a factually and statistically inaccurate statement. This is not the forum to spew your racist bigotry. Join the KKK.

19. bebe

February 19, 2011 at 5:30 PM

Keslie…just because i stated something it is assumed i am a racist and should join the KKK? so a black person saying a generalization about white people would classify them as a racist…lots of black racists around i guess then. check out comedy central, all of those people are racists, right?
    and you are right, not ALL of them would have kids. but MOST of them would. check some stats out on line. won’t be too hard to find…not just blacks, minorities in general.
    that’s not being racist, that’s being a realist. there is a difference, but usually only those of us who are educated understand it. i stopped seeing the world through rose-colored glasses a long time ago…you should too. not everyone is equal. money=power, no matter what your race is unfortunately.