Reader Emails

Reaction to the Brad/Laurel Story & More “Reader Emails”

For episode-by-episode spoilers of Brad’s season, click on the link above that says “Bachelor Brad Spoilers”. It has a breakdown of every date, rose, and elimination, all the way down to Brad’s final choice. However, there will be spoilers talked about throughout the course of this column. You’ve been warned.

The Brad/Laurel “US Weekly” story is obviously a huge topic. In my opinion, it attacks the credibility of the show because it paints their lead character, the guy they built the whole season around, as a phony. However, with that said, I really don’t feel like writing six pages on this like I could. I’ve already gotten tired head from the story, and it’s been out two days. There is so much more to the story, and so many more texts and emails out there that I could bring to the forefront if I wanted to, but the more I talk about it, the more questions people have, the more crazy the story gets, and at this point, I think I’d just rather be done with it. I’ll summarize my feelings in a few short paragraphs and we’ll just move on from it. I could seriously drag this thing out another month with all the other stuff I’m aware of, but I just don’t want to. Don’t feel like fanning the flames. Laurel told her story to US, she finally got some closure after an 8 year, tumultuous, volatile relationship with the guy, and it was her decision to do that. Whether I like it, or you like it, she did it and that’s the way she chose to deal with it to put and end to everything between her and Brad.

I think a lot of people missed the boat on what Laurel was trying to get across in the article. Don’t know why people are focusing so much on these “proposals”. At no point in the article does Laurel say, “He got down on one knee, with a ring, after asking my father for permission, numerous times and proposed to me.” Yet, that’s all people seem to keep focusing on. That article wasn’t about proposals, it was Laurel being asked by US, “Hey, you know Brad Womack better than anyone, do you think he’s a changed man?” And her answer was, “No, and here’s the proof.” Of course she didn’t think “Marry me”, “I’ve swear on my mom’s life I’m gonna marry you”, through texts messages were actually proposals. Who thinks that? The whole point of the article was her to say that the guy they’ve built the show around, the guy who says he’s a “changed man”, who’s “there for the right reasons”, and who’s had “intense therapy”, is not the man that she knows. The guy was obsessively sending her texts and emails up until a couple weeks before leaving for a show, and we’re expected to believe six weeks later he’s serious about being engaged? Really?

The entire season has been built around “Has Brad changed?” Even had every woman who stepped out of the limo on the first night asking the same questions. Laurel told her story to say “You don’t know the guy you’re seeing on TV. I think I know him better than he probably even knows himself considering I dated him on and off for 8 years. This is who he really is, and here’s the proof to show it.” If Laurel tells US, “Yeah, Brad’s changed and I don’t believe any of this”, but doesn’t provide any emails and texts, then who believes her? No one. She has no proof. She doesn’t want him back, she doesn’t want to break up his engagement, all she was doing was answering US’ question that they asked her and backed it up with proof. There’s plenty of stuff that she has that US didn’t show, because obviously they have space constraints. There are plenty of more texts and emails, but at this point, she’s said what she wanted to say, and knows that people will doubt, but she doesn’t care. It was closure for her and she’s done with it. Read the texts. The guy was fawning all over her on Aug. 1st with texts, then the very next day in a text he’s telling her the show wants him back and a lot of money will be involved, yet after that, he’s still continuously telling her he loves her and wants to be married to her someday. Huh? Who does that? This guy is not the changed man he and the show are portraying him to be.

We can go back and forth til we’re blue in the face on this, and I can bring Laurel on and do an interview and get deeper into everything, but at this point, I’m choosing not to, and I doubt I’ll change my mind. She wants it over, and frankly I’m done with it. Brad and Chantal are engaged, so good for them. Do I think they’ll last? Not a chance in hell. Both of them have too shady of pasts to make this work, but by all means if they do, I’m saying it right now, I will purchase the most expensive thing on their wedding registry for them. I bought Jason and Molly a gift, I’ll buy Ali and Roberto a gift if they get married, so without a doubt if Brad and Chantal prove me wrong I’ll get them something. I just don’t see it coming close to happening. The guy is not who he says he is, he’s had some SERIOUS issues in the past with Laurel that I think he’s practically trying to convince himself he’s in love with Chantal, and I don’t think he is. My opinion and I’ll stand by it til they walk down the aisle.

Few footnotes I want to put out there before moving on from this topic for good:

-Laurel once dating Wes has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not her story should be believed. Laurel knew and dated Brad long before Brad ever appeared on the show the first time. Laurel knew and dated Wes long before he ever went on Jillian’s season. How does her once dating two guys BEFORE they ever appeared on television mean she’s not credible? Don’t really understand that argument. It’s purely coincidental she dated two guys that ended up on this show. How is it her fault and make her less believable that that’s what they chose to do?

-Lets be honest, obviously US Weekly isn’t running an 8 page cover story with an exclusive interview from Brad Womack’s ex-girlfriend including emails and text messages for free. But Brad is getting paid 5 to 10 times more money for doing the “Bachelor” than anyone’s getting paid to talk to a magazine, yet because she made money off the article, Laurel isn’t credible, but Brad is? Seems like a double standard to me. Why are we supposed to believe everything Brad says when he’s being paid to be on the show, which is something that came straight out of his mouth/fingers when he texted it to Laurel? Just because you get paid to tell a story doesn’t mean it’s not true.

-Laurel could’ve easily gotten a cash grab and her “15 minutes” by doing an exclusive interview after Brad’s first season when it was known he was contacting her DURING filming, and even said to her after the season the reason he didn’t pick Jenni and DeAnna was because he wanted to be with her. Laurel also could’ve gotten a cash grab and attention after Jillians season when she was falsely accused of dating Wes during the time he was on the show, which led to death threats, her work being vandalized, and her car being keyed. Why not capitalize with money and an exclusive interview then? All she did was give a couple quotes to a magazine saying her and Wes weren’t dating when he was on the show. I believe if she was completely out for money and fame, this would be the third interview she would’ve given, not the first.

Here are the transcribed text messages US Weekly chose to print in the article for those that haven’t read it yet (“Roo” is Brad’s pet name for Laurel, short for “kangaroo”. Also makes me want to dry heave):

Aug. 1st, 2010 8:15pm
Since you’re not here I’m headed home. Gonna go to sleep. Wish you were here but since you’re not I’m going to bed. I love u roo. You’re my sweet babe. goodnight.

(she replies back with a smile)

Laurel um serious about this. Please marry me? Swear on my mom’s life I told two diff people I was marrying u tonight. Please, ok?

Aug. 2nd, 2010 12:33pm
Please don’t say a single word about this (especially to Wes). The executive producers from the Bachelor just called. They want me to do the show again. This season. Haven’t discussed $ but it’d be a lot…

Aug. 2nd, 2010 1:06pm
Thinking about u. Looking forward to hearing your voice. Please call me again when u get in town. I miss u

Aug. 2nd, 2010 1:51pm
I love u

Aug. 16th, 2010 9:14pm
I won’t kill u w texts but please be there for me roo. This isn’t a game, this isn’t a control issue, it’s just me getting my ass kicked. Please babe. Please just let me know you’re there…Please say hi. Rough day Laurel

Aug. 16th, 2010 11:03pm
I wish you’d just marry me. No matter how crazy we are. we’re meant. Marry me.

Roo?

So this sounds like a guy who was truly and honestly going on the show for the right reasons and had a clear head? Are you kidding me? Please. And like I said, those are just the texts US decided to print. There are plenty of others. People are gonna believe what they want to believe, and the consensus I’ve gotten on emails and Twitter has been, “This isn’t that big of deal. Happens all the time on this show.” I guess I’ll just agree to disagree with those people. Sure, it’s happened in the past with other contestants on the show (Rego, Rozlyn, Frank, Ed), but they were all CONTESTANTS, and yeah, we’ve come to expect scandal like that. I think the show takes a major credibility hit when their LEAD, the guy they’ve built the show around, the guy they’ve sold to all of America is a “changed man”, who’s gone through “intense therapy” (which by the way, any therapy Brad went through was to get Laurel back, which is quite ironic), the guy who walks the streets of Austin by himself and sits in the rain and has been a recluse for 3 years since his first seasons disaster, THAT Brad Womack, is absolutely not the guy they’re portraying him to be.

Don’t force feed me he’s a changed man when he isn’t. Don’t tell me he barely dated and has been a recluse when the guy is banging down Laurel’s door for three years trying to get her back. That’s the bottom line point I’m trying to make in all this. They’re selling us on a new a changed Brad, when he hasn’t changed in the least bit. And that’s why Laurel told her side. To tell everyone this guy you’re seeing on TV is no different as a person than he was three years ago, in her eyes, based on everything he said and did to her. Is it right or wrong of her to do? That’s for everyone else to decide I guess. I don’t have a problem with it. Some people will, some people won’t. Doesn’t really affect me. But we can debate this forever and never come to clear resolution. My opinion is Brad is not the man he’s presenting himself to be, he’s playing a role on TV show he’s been paid to be a part of, and there’s nothing more to it. The show is flat out lying and misrepresenting itself to its viewers by continuing on with this façade and backing him up, and all Laurel did was call them out on it with proof. I tend to think that’s a pretty big deal. Lets get on to the emails.

Page 1 of 612345...Last »

1. Dianne

February 11, 2011 at 10:49 AM

So, Brad didn’t know until August 2nd that he was going to be the Bachelor again. Got it. But, would you really expect him to just stop cold with the texting to Laurel the second he found out? From what I see, he pretty much stopped two weeks after being asked, and since his “norm” way of life was asking, and asking, and asking her to marry him, he just couldn’t switch it off that quickly. As far as him texting her during the show, I have a bit of a problem believing that. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think Brad is purer than the driven snow, but I think Laurel might be a tad jealous that Brad is attempting to move on (as cheezy as that might be), and she’s not getting the attention from him that she was prior to him doing the Bachelor again, hense, blowing the whistle on him to US Weekly. I dunno..I say it’s probably pretty 50-50 who’s at fault here.

2. intofocus

February 11, 2011 at 10:58 AM

This is the saddest blog I think I’ve ever read. This blogger sounds so pitiful and lonely.

3. jessica1

February 11, 2011 at 11:22 AM

I’m kind of in agreement with Steve’s assessment of the article. First, the magazine has to drag out every story (they know they have lots of info and can expand on the details thru and beyond the end of this season of Bach). And secondly, we have to totally ignore what we assume are the reasons for people’s behavior (we can’t crawl in a person’s head and learn why they think it’s remotely sincere to text “marry me”).

But if we look at what the show claims (“he’s changed, it’s true, the show formula works!”) and hold that against the actions, not only of the show producers but the lead Bach too, their claims fall apart.

Personally I think all this backstory on Bradley is just further evidence of a person who has trouble w/ commitment. And that what the show did with Frank during Ali’s season was better, real evidence of deep manipulation —

My fave phrase is “Bread and Circuses”. I heard it came from Roman times, when the gov’t was trying to find a way to appease the poor and get their votes. Someone pointed out that if you give the masses Bread and Circuses, they will be distracted and let the gov’t do what they will. Sounds like the Bachelor to me!!

4. jessica1

February 11, 2011 at 11:26 AM

ok – wait. That last comment of mine came across like I think the Bach show is a gov’t conspiracy. Didn’t mean to sound like that!! I can just hear Steve making fun and doing the “muwahhahahahah” Dr Evil laugh from Austin Powers movie…

5. jennstinn

February 11, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Steve I think the reason we (your loyal readers) didn’t think this story was a big deal was because you have us so well conditioned. According to you, these texts prove how inauthentic the show is, how Brad hasn’t really changed, why are we supposed to believe this…etc. Well, we’ve read your blog so we already knew all this! You’ve already proven this to us.
    So for the many women who don’t know about your site and saw the US Weekly article, I’m sure they were pretty shocked. But we already knew better…that’s why I don’t think it’s a big deal.

Still haven’t read anything about Emily, though. Does anyone know what RS is talking about?!

6. sydneysmom

February 11, 2011 at 11:38 AM

I love how Jesse tells anyone who will listen anyhting about him, but he protects his tweets!

7. Joanie

February 11, 2011 at 11:56 AM

Sounds to me like Brad was a little tipsy when he wrote some of those text messages.,and where are her responses? Why show only half the convo,something sound way off to me.

I think it’s very possible that Chantel knocked Brad to his knees, something that apparently Laurel hasen’t been able to do in the past 8 yrs. She sold him out because she knows he has moved on and finally found someone he would like to be seriously married to.( now whether or not brad and chantel make it , remains to be seen), From what i’m seeing I think they make a great couple and I hope they whether this storm together and come out a stronger couple in the end. I think Laurel sounds like a jealous, ex GF.who wasen’t able to land her man. jmo

8. Joanie

February 11, 2011 at 12:10 PM

If Brad’s been banging Laurel’s door down to get her back the past 3 yrs it’s obviously she didn’t want him, So she should be happy that he’s finally found someone else now? Sorry Steve but IMO it’s not adding up. Bottom line is: he didn’t marry her , probably never had intentions of marrying her: Never formally proposed to her: she probably never wanted to marry him anyway…Something just wasen’t meant to be with these two or it would have been years ago. no matter what was said back and forth over the past 8 yrs. they were both single and free to find love with someone else. And it seems Brad did just that. One never knows when cupid will strike.;) If he’s happy and in love ( and it sure does look that way), then I’m happy for him.

9. canuck_chik

February 11, 2011 at 12:13 PM

Love the column. You never fail to disappoint!!!

As for the person who asked about old episodes, I get them here in Canada on the Cosmo channel. 2 pm everyday. It’s my guilty pleasure during my baby’s nap time. Today was episode 2 of Byron’s season. They don’t play the season’s in order but it is still hilarious to watch them again.

10. Pallis81

February 11, 2011 at 12:26 PM

Does Steve realize that the success of this blog depends on his readers? He sure is rude to them, but what do I expect, I agree with the comment above, he is a sad man.

11. Dianne

February 11, 2011 at 12:38 PM

LOL@canuck – I’m in Toronto, and get the old Bachelor episodes on Cosmo on Friday evenings @ 9:00 pm..what a riot they are! I’m currently seeing the “Prince” season. If he wasn’t THE cheeziest Bachelor, I don’t who who was!

12. texasgirl198

February 11, 2011 at 1:03 PM

All you people who still believe Brad is a genuine guy who came on the show for the “right reasons”, I have some land I’d like to sell you.

It’s funny how Laurel is judged for selling her story but Brad isn’t judged for his actions that caused the story!!

And the one reader who claimed that Laurel was jealous?? Unbelievable, Tammy Wynette. Why would she be jealous if she could have his skanky butt? Sounds like the door to her is always open..all she has to do is step through it. She just wants to expose him for the cockroach that he is.

13. Sheri

February 11, 2011 at 1:20 PM

I think this may all be carefully orchestrated by the producers of the show. They get Brad on the show, knowing he’s interested in Lauren but they have nobody else for the show this season, so they offer him a boatload of money and he agrees. He goes on the show, knowing Lauren will go to the tabloids near the end of the show. The final episode of the season airs and he picks Chantel, even asks her to marry him because this time it’s in the contract that he has to ask someone to marry him to prove he’s changed (or he picks her but they aren’t engaged because secretly he still loves Lauren). Six months after filming ends, B and C break up because B is still in love with Lauren. Lauren finally says “yes” and they get engaged on the show (at the AFTR for the next season’s contestants)…and Chantal is our Bachelorette. Time will tell.

14. justa_viewer

February 11, 2011 at 2:44 PM

See, I’m surprised anyone believed the whole “Brad is a contrite, changed man” premise in the first place. I mean, on his first season, he picked no one (and to many, came off looking poorly as a result of it), stuck to his guns and showed no contrition (and made a lot of sense), and TPTB vilified him for it to some extent. He got a lot of flack and understandably said he would never do a show like TB again.

Fast forward, and he’s not only doing the show again–the show ended up being a major thorn in his side the first time–he’s actually acting all remorseful about his behavior on the previous season. (And when I say “acting,” I mean in a cheesy, totally unbelievable way.)

To me, that spelled only one thing: They threw lots of money at him. Too-good-to-turn-down money. The kind of money that could make him not only agree to do the show again, but to also accept and run with the embarrassing “I did wrong and was a bad boy in season 1, but now I’ve changed” story line.

I can’t figure out if they tried to get several candidates and every one fell through, so they were desperate and asked Brad to come back, or what. And I wonder if they even cared if he planned on going back to Laurel down the road or not–as long as he dutifully performed his part of “prodigal bachelor” as scripted for the show, picked a “wife”, proposed, and spent the required time with her before amicably splitting.

Does make me wonder, though, if TPTB have just gotten so lazy, they always assume they’ll be able to pick their next B/B’ette from the current crop of contestants, so they don’t bother to scout for “fresh” meat to have waiting in the wings.

15. VibeCat

February 11, 2011 at 3:32 PM

Steve, I agree with all your reasoning as you have put it out there. It all makes sense. Just a a couple of my first thoughts that I had on Wednesday before you posted this today.

The first thing I thought when I read the “scandal” was – This is the “big scandal” that is hitting? (yawn) Maybe I have gotten too jaded from reading your column (I know that if you weren’t so danged funny I wouldn’t even watch TB anymore but you kinda have to watch TB to follow RS) but I wasn’t even surprised by the “news” on this one. They have been shoving the “fact” that Brad has “changed” down our throats since the first day, and with the fake therapist and all – it was bound to blow up in their faces. It had to be BS.

My second thought was on the fact that it is Laurel. Yeah, I know that it was mentioned back when she was Wes’s supposed GF that she had dated Brad, but it did give me a bit of skepticism. I admit, I didn’t read the magazine, just the website (I don’t spend my money on those mags!) but I was wondering if ABC is dipping too close in the Texas dating pool to find contestants, or if Laurel “gets around” that much, or what it is that she is so involved in TWO of the Bachelor “scandals.” It is what made me have a little pause in her story, not saying I don’t believe it – but just wondering a little about things there a little.

At any rate, love your columns as always! I’ll be here reading as long as you keep doing what you are doing!

Cat

16. scavanau

February 11, 2011 at 6:59 PM

I’m still clueless about people who think Steve Carbone is a loser. Why do they keep reading his blog?

17. kc

February 12, 2011 at 3:12 AM

i believe laurel. .. and believe that brad asked her to marry him numerous times through the years.
    although i think, down the road, she will feel some remorse/shame about kicking it all out into the tabloids. think she will wish she hadn’t.. for a bunch of reasons.

18. Sunnyside422

February 12, 2011 at 6:48 AM

Brad was “chosen” after Chris Lambdon (Ali’s season) turned them down after he was smart enough to do so! Brad is a poor 2nd choice! He was a total dopey, block of stone in his 1st season and what we are seeing is the same person with a new spin by the producers. No way is this guy ever gonna make someone happy and live a decent married life. He needs a brain transplant, first off and then a personality transplant containing tender feelings for another person. This is one cold dude.

Never was impressed with him and so much less this time around. As Fakey Jakey was a loser, so is Brad. I wish he’d disappear forever.

19. TooMuch

February 12, 2011 at 7:14 AM

This “huge topic” is a big – so what. The show is not real and we get it already that everything is manipulated to bring ratings. Wish you with just stick to writing the facts. I got a headache just getting through the first paragraph of redundant sentences about how you could drag it out but you don’t want to – blah, blah, blah. Ugh.

20. truebachelorfan4ever

February 12, 2011 at 9:50 AM

I agree with Pallis81, Steve love your column so glad I found it a few seasons ago, but come on, get off your high horse already, you started your column with this:

Ummm…..you don’t want to???? Is that not what you do??? Are you to big for us now?? Are Angelina and Brad calling and you don’t have time to report on Bachelor news?? Come on and get over yourself already, this is what we read your column for and you won’t elaborate???

21. jennstinn

February 12, 2011 at 10:48 AM

@truebachelorfan4ever
    I somewhat agree w/ you. When I read that paragraph I was kind of like…wait, then why are you writing this? You’re just going to summarize the US Weekly article? The whole teasing “big stories” thing is getting old. I mean if you’re not willing to tell us about it, then don’t even tease us. It’s just frustrating.

@sunnyside422
    I actually don’t think Brad is a bad guy, but I think when they make him act “emotional” and make him listen to girls ramble on, he does look stiff. A few weeks ago I saw a paparazzi video of him in downtown Austin. He seemed MUCH more likable just out and about being himself. And remember when he was with his date with Shawntel and started hysterically laughing? He was cute then! I think the problem is what we’ve known all along–he’s getting paid to act this part, and he’s a horrible actor. But I get the feeling he’d be a cool guy to hang out with.

22. bebe

February 12, 2011 at 12:42 PM

I just hope more dirt comes out about Chantal. I don’t think Brad really cares what the public thinks about him, but Chantal will because of her step-dad and his business.

23. Gidget

February 12, 2011 at 12:56 PM

RS, you are getting meaner by the day. You really seem to delight in making fun of your readers. It’s getting old.
    Also, why tease everybody all of the time with juicy gossip that you refuse to tell? It doesn’t make any sense. Why wouldn’t you want to be the first to put it out there if you know something?
    I’ve read some stuff about Emily having a small gig in broadcasting and dating some famous guys–is this what you are referring to about her shady past? I don’t get the new stance you are taking on the gossip/tabloid stuff. And, you seem really angry and bitter now. Lighten up! This is a dumb tv show we are talking about here.

24. orle

February 12, 2011 at 1:34 PM

I agree with several of the posters above…Steve is sounding more pathetic and self-absorbed every day. Also, after getting so many “stupid” emails from readers who are confused about where to find the spoilers, a perceptive blogger might realize that part of the problem may be poor website design. Yes, there is a link that says “spoilers”, but the font size and color tend to blend in with the rest of the junk on the page. If you’re not a regular reader and are just quickly glancing over the page for the first time, I can see how you might miss it. It also doesn’t help that the reader has to wade through pages and pages of repetition and rambling and Steve’s self-congratulating before finally coming to the good stuff. I understand that this is Steve’s blog and he can write whatever he wants on it, (and there will always be loyal followers who will read no matter what) but correcting issues that are annoying many of his readers will only make the blog better and more successful. I doubt there is a single reader out there who would miss Steve’s constant hinting around about stuff that he supposedly doesn’t want to talk about. If you don’t want to talk about it, shut up already!

25. finerthings

February 12, 2011 at 2:59 PM

I have to say I agree with the majority, here.

I found Steve’s blog during Jake’s season and thought it entertaining enough, so I’ve kept coming back. Now I am kind of returning just to see him flop around like a dead fish.

He frankly admits that he thinks his readers are all dumbasses and he “doesn’t write the blog for people on message boards”, etc. His junk gets all hard at the thought of mocking people who he thinks need to “get a life”. We really should be saying that of him.

Steve, if you want to write a blog about The Bachelor/Bachelorette, own it dude! Stop acting like we are all idiots for following YOUR blog.

I completely agree with “orle”…if you are getting repeat e-mails about people not being able to navigate your blog, fix it! That is your fault, not theirs. Even the dumbest person usually knows how to find their way around a website.

Sigh.

26. truebachelorfan4ever

February 12, 2011 at 3:14 PM

Come on Steve we are all calling you out… prove to us you know your stuff and spill all the “secrets” you have been speaking of for weeks now. I think in all your glory you are forgetting who you work for (hint – it’s your readers; who translate into unique visitors to your site; the more you have which into more $$$ for you via advertisers) So please don’t speak down to us anymore, and no more I could tell you but I won’t. Rembember you don’t work for ABC or the contestants your are a blogger who spoils so do it!!

27. shell9212

February 12, 2011 at 3:18 PM

Yes this is a really dumb-ass tv show we are discussing here so
    Steve – grow the hell up. Quit being such a jerk.
    And get the hell over yourself already. In 50 years is anything-ANYTHING- you say on this stupid blog going to make a difference of any sort in anyone’s life? Get real.

28. wisewords

February 12, 2011 at 4:28 PM

RS:
    “If you reread your work, you will find on rereading that a great deal of repetition can be avoided by rereading and editing.” ~William Safire, The Fumblerules of Grammar

29. rachelle

February 12, 2011 at 6:53 PM

hello, i just wanted to say that i love your blog much more than the show. i used to watch it sometimes but now i dont have much time for it, but i do read your blog because its so funny and u almost dont even have to watch the show for it 2 be funny.

30. VibeCat

February 13, 2011 at 2:50 AM

For those that don’t like Steve’s blog – as always, you’re free not to read it. Why come on here “wasting your time” reading and commenting on something that you don’t like? Do something productive for yourselves, like go play on the highway with a set of knives.

31. finerthings

February 13, 2011 at 5:07 AM

Aw, Vibecat, that is so sweet. Muah. I’m so glad you think that everyone who used to like Steve carbone’s blog and doesn’t so much anymore should be killed. That’s a beautiful sentiment.

I think steve’s main problem is that he needs to change his “I” statements to “we”. As many people commented above, this news was neither huge nor surprising to us. Why? Because we’ve read his blog for months/years and we get that the show’s a fraud. We expect it now. This is the kind of news we EXPECT. The least Steve could do is acknowledge that the majority of his readers are “with him”. We get it. We agree.

I like his attitude towards the show. I think he’s funny. He’s just getting on my nerves.

32. Sheri

February 13, 2011 at 12:28 PM

I started reading Steve’s blog after the Jason/Molly scandal and love getting the spolers. I agree that the repetition of Steve’s thought process gets a little….(yawn) at times and I’ve found myself skimming rather than reading. I, for one, get tired of hearing about how Steve isn’t angry at the Batch. franchise, how he was the first to blog a spoiler and didn’t get the credit, how the show is carefully orchestrated by producers for entertainment only, etc.

I LOVE the spolers. They make me want to watch the show, so I do just so I can see how the characters come off, but my favorite is trying to see all the little “mistakes” the producers make. I enjoy the suspense of seeing if “Reality Steve” will see the same things I’m seeing…and I’ve been disappointed that Steve lately is more interested in venting his frustration (and then denying that frustration) for SIX WHOLE PAGES…plus ads and plugs for jeans.

Personally, I thought the most hilarious part of the article this week was: “There is so much more to the story, and so many more texts and emails out there that I could bring to the forefront if I wanted to, but the more I talk about it, the more questions people have, the more crazy the story gets, and at this point, I think I’d just rather be done with it. I’ll summarize my feelings in a few short paragraphs and we’ll just move on from it. I could seriously drag this thing out another month with all the other stuff I’m aware of, but I just don’t want to.”

Haha! We know you’re not done, Steve, just like you’re not done with any of the prior seasons you’ve blogged about. I’m tired of hearing about past seasons, so I skim over that junk to get to your thoughts about this past Monday’s episode…because when you blog about that stuff it’s funny. The rest is just the ramblings of a guy who likes to hear himself talk as much as any of my female friends.

Steve, if you’re reading this, take this as constructive criticizm. Look back on your past seasons and get back to where you were. This site used to be my first stop on Tuesday mornings, now it’s second to one on Tubular Blogging. I’ll always read your spolers because you can’t be beat in that area…but you’re losing my attention on a weekly basis.

33. shell9212

February 13, 2011 at 1:47 PM

Yes – well said Sheri. Steve needs to quit rambling and re-hashing the past. Focus on the current episodes of The Bachelor and quit puting down your readers. I used to read this blog first thing every day. Now I look about once a week and I just skim like Sheri does.

34. hairnetqueen

February 13, 2011 at 10:13 PM

To the reader who wanted to watch Alex’s season in its entirety (and who Steve totally berated for interest in a show that he WRITES A FREAKING BLOG ABOUT): you can purchase that season on DVD at amazon.com.

Also, ITA with the posters upthread who think Steve needs to stop insulting his readers. I’ve been reading this blog for years and the quality of the funny really went downhill since it became all about the spoilers. Seems like Steve has an interesting relationship with the show: he claims to think it’s totally stupid and fake, but it sounds like a big part of his identity is wrapped up in knowing more “insider information” about the show than anyone else.

Hence all the bragging about how much info he has…and then refusing to divulge said info. Seriously annoying.

35. Dianne

February 14, 2011 at 6:01 AM

Agreed hairnetqueen, agreed. Also, Steve noted that he had the most volume of visitors to his blog last Wednesday, but didn’t go into detail as to why. The reason why is because he was SUPPOSED to post the goods about Brad et al, and never did until Friday. Then, on Friday, he decides he doesn’t want to really get into it much. Very, very disapointed Steve. Seems you’ve changed too much for your own good and you’re coming off as all high and mighty. Get off the pot, man! Your vendetta against ABC is affecting you.

36. WhatDoIKnowAboutAnything

February 14, 2011 at 10:22 AM

Oh, people! Don’t you know commenting and visiting this site (the exact thing I and everyone else who is “frustrated” by this blogger is doing) only enables him? Your complaints only fall on the deaf ears of a huge head. Stroking his ego doesn’t get you into his good graces either. He acknowledges the critics and seems to disregard the people who get on both knees and give him praise.

The best way to silence something you don’t agree with is to ignore it. This is his site, and he is entitled to write it as he pleases. So if you are a critic and don’t like what he has to say, like VibeCat suggests, don’t come to his site anymore, just as I myself am about to do. You’ll soon find yourself much less frustrated.

37. finerthings

February 14, 2011 at 11:46 AM

As much as I hate to say it, the above poster is right on the money. Steve has about as much disdain for those who defend him as he does for those who criticize. I was wondering if enough people complained, would he go back to bitching only about the show, instead of his readers, but you are right. Nothing any of us say is going to change a gosh darn thing. Too bad.
    I think Steve has gotten too caught up in TB world. He wants to criticize and kiss the ass of these contestants in one breath, and it’s not a good look for him. It was better when he was just an observer of the crazy. Now he is all caught up in it. And now, because Brad Womack knows his name, he thinks he’s the bee’s knees. Lol, Steve. You’re big time, now.

38. Binta

February 14, 2011 at 6:46 PM

Steve, I used to really enjoy reading your column because of your sarcasm and sense of humor. I used looked forward to Tuesday’s after the Bachelor and Bachelorette would air because I knew that I would get the opportunity to laugh hysterically about your opinions on what had been broadcast. You no longer write those columns. Your columns now are mean and hateful. Can you please give us back the Reality Steve that we grew to love to laugh with?

39. shell9212

February 14, 2011 at 7:17 PM

Every time I come to this site I get that huge pop-up ad that takes over my whole computer screen. Half the time it causes my browser to crash. I don’t think I’ll come here that often anymore. Just too annoying to put up with & I really think finerthings is right- Steve is all caught up in TB world. Are there any other bloggers writing about TB where we can post and read one another’s comments?

40. Sheri

February 14, 2011 at 10:12 PM

@shell9212: Try this: http://blogs.chron.com/tubular/archives/the_bachelor/

I found it a couple weeks ago and actually went back and read all her recaps of all the episodes from this season. Absolutely hilarious!! I haven’t laughed that hard in a long time. There is a comments section too.

41. Sheri

February 14, 2011 at 10:16 PM

Oh, and I doubt Steve reads these comments. He does read his emails, though. I forwarded him my comments and he responded. He says he isn’t bothered by all the negative comments, but I don’t believe any man would send anyone, especially a stranger, two emails (one very lengthy) if he wasn’t bothered by it. I got the first email within 5 minutes, the second 30 minutes later. I’d suggest emailing him.

42. Kaylor

February 15, 2011 at 1:08 AM

I’m SO glad that Brad finally woke up, and sent Michelle home! She’s such a hateful Bwitch. Now it should be clear sailing for him to end up with Chatal. Oh Goody! She’s nothing but a whining cry baby! She will drive him nuts with her sniveling and whining! She’s just what he deserves. Even my BF, who doesn’t know a Valentine from an SOS pad, said that Brad is so insecure, that he won’t get close to any of the women, until THEY tell him they are falling in love with him. That rules out him getting rejected if he gets to close to them. Talk about “playing it safe!” After 15 seasons, don’t you think the show is getting old, and they drag up everyone’s past to keep people hanging on? In the future, I think they should put webcams in the house where the women are staying, and let the Bachelor secretly watch the way the women act when he’s not around! He would “Pull a Brad Womack,” and send them ALL home! LMAO! 😛

43. bachfan101

February 15, 2011 at 5:47 AM

“There is so much more to the story, and so many more texts and emails out there that I could bring to the forefront if I wanted to, but the more I talk about it, the more questions people have, the more crazy the story gets, and at this point, I think I’d just rather be done with it. I’ll summarize my feelings in a few short paragraphs and we’ll just move on from it. I could seriously drag this thing out another month with all the other stuff I’m aware of, but I just don’t want to”

YOU DONT WANT TO?!?!? Then stop bragging about it and rubbing in in our faces. Why do you think we read your blog? You were bragging that you knew about this train hitting a tricyle for how long and now you don’t want to talk about it when everyone else finds out. Come on Steve, that’s why we come here!

44. HeidiT

February 15, 2011 at 6:14 AM

I just find it funny that people who claim to “hate” you and your blog and want you to go away take time out of their schedules to not only keep coming back and reading your blogs but actually take the time to send you an email just to complain that they hate you. If they hate your blogs so much why don’t THEY go away?

If I don’t like something I don’t continue to read it, and I do not take time to email the blogger to complain. Simply priceless.

45. Dianne

February 15, 2011 at 6:43 AM

HeidiT – the reason I, and I’m assuming quite a few others, continue to come here is to read what Steve promises to report. Unfortunately, this didn’t happen with the goods on Brad (as promised), so we dedicated readers continued to check to see when and if Steve would post what was promised. Unfortunately, he had a change of heart and decided he didn’t “want to” get into the gory details, which is a true bummer. So, I for one have learned a lesson from this, and that’s NOT to believe what Steve promises..in other words, I’ll believe it when I see it. It’s really dissapointing that Steve has chosen to be this way, but hey, people change, and not always for the better.

46. acombest19

February 15, 2011 at 8:19 AM

HeidiT – couldn’t agree with you more!!!!! If you don’t like this site or what is written, then go away. You. Are. Not. Wanted. Here.

It seems people haven’t figured out that this site is a SPOILER for the TV series TB (among others) and what will happen on each episode, not a tabloid magazine site for info about the people on the show(s).

What I find priceless is the fact that there’s so many people out there that just have to know what has happened in the past of a bunch of people no-one will remember in about 3 years (if that long).

47. cbearcat

February 15, 2011 at 9:30 AM

The funny thing is…this is not a reality show. It is a game show! How can two people fall in love in front of millions spending little or no quality time together? Answer is they can’t.
    In my opinion, the winning contestant and leading actress is Chantel right now. She seems to know how to play the game. She said, “I love you first” — just what the boy wanted to hear! And, they haven’t shown her causing too much drama with the girls.

And, yes I do know she wins in the end! Congratulations (I guess) Chantel! I wouldn’t want him and I made that decision before I ever saw the show.

As for Reality Steve, I think you are hilarious!

48. Gidget

February 15, 2011 at 10:20 AM

@acombest19–Wow! I bet you are one of those fun people who doesn’t like it when others don’t agree with you all of the time. The readers of this blog merely noticed some differences in this blog and were expressing some positive and negative opinions, that’s all. People who can’t tolerate others’ opinions ARE. NOT. WANTED. HERE.

49. finerthings

February 15, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Word, Gidget. 😀

50. addishonte

February 15, 2011 at 4:02 PM

@orle
    WELL said!!! I couldn’t agree more! I mean if you’re so sick of talking about something, WHY go on and on about it, and WHY would you keep trying to entice people with “I know something you don’t know”…