The Bachelor 15 - Brad

The Bachelor Recap – 2/14/11

-Shawntel’s date is up next and I think I can speak for everyone when I say I’m so disappointed when she met him in town, that she didn’t go jumping into his arms so he could pick her up. We all really miss seeing that happen. And when I say “really miss seeing that” I mean “thank you for not subjecting us to that buffoonery”. Also back in the Oct. 27th column, I released this info:

“While in the Caribbean, all I know so far is there was a beach date, which I believe is a group date. Also Brad was riding bikes along the road with one other girl.”

Well, that lucky bike riding girl as we saw last night was Shawntel. They got to ride around town an go to the Farmers Market, which according to Shawntel, is her perfect idea of a date. She must be very easy to please. I will admit this much: I like Shawntel. Like actually seems normal to the point of I don’t believe she’s out for fame from this show, went on to have a good time, started to develop feelings for the guy, and just went with it. And doesn’t seem like someone who’s at all interested in the perks that will come from being on the show. You know, like being hounded by all the previous seasons horndogs on the “Bachelorette” trying to get in her pants. However, if she shows up on “Bachelor Pad 2”, then forget what I just said. Man, they’ve already got about 10 storylines built in for that season considering all the hookups that have been happening at these reunions. Yikes.

-So as these two are shopping, they pull up to a group of Anguillans (is that what you call a native there?) who are playing dominoes. Because Shawntel is such a playful girl and will let her hair down to try anything, she decides to join in the game. Or, she was forced to as the producers probably threatened the locals they’d get no camera time if neither of them could join in and play. I wonder what Anguillans actually this of this horsesh** show? Like, did any of those Anguillans in the dominoes game have a watch party last night and gossip to their friends about all the other girls on the show? Did that one guy with six teeth invite that other guy over who had nine teeth just so they could watch themselves kick Brad and Shawntel’s ass? Someone get on the horn to Anguilla and find out who threw the watch party.

-After that riveting game of dominoes, Brad and Shawntel run into the most knowledgeable woman in the world. Or at least in the Farmers Market area of Anguilla. Her name is Auntie B. Or as I’d like to call her, Aunt Jemima. They had to be related, right? C’mon. They looked alike. They dressed alike. Hell, they even talked alike. Maybe Auntie B isn’t livin’ large from the phat bank she made off maple syrup, but surely she came up with something on her own, right? I sure hope so. Maybe she sold some fruits and berries roadside in Anguilla that made her a fortune. Who knows? All I know is I couldn’t understand a word of whatever she mumbled to Shawntel and Brad other than “So you all in love?” Whoa, whoa, whoa Aunt Jemima. Just because a camera is on you and you’re looking for your big break off the island doesn’t mean you need to be so nosy in Brad and Shawntel’s business, ya hear? But Shawntel tells us she’s happy. “He’s an all around perfect guy. This is the man I’d love to marry.” That’s very sweet of her. Problem is, he wants to marry Laurel. Or at least was telling her this hundreds of times in texts just weeks before leaving for the show. So sorry Shawntel, looks like you’re sh** out of luck.

-Shawntel is really starting to open up now. “I’ve only told two guys in my life that I loved them. I can say I’m definitely falling in love with you.” Did you have to cut their throat with a catheter after you told them? Are they still alive to this day? I mean, we all know Shawntel goes home next week, so lets be honest and just say that of course her profession was probably the reason Brad didn’t keep her around. If he says it isn’t, he’s lying. The guy is a business owner in Austin, Tx. She works for her family’s funeral parlor in Chico, CA. I’m guessing she wasn’t packing up anytime soon considering she has stated she wants to eventually take over the parlor. The girl wasn’t gonna move, Brad wasn’t gonna ask her to move, and that’s that. Now Shawntel should just share with everyone what its like to embalm someone again, you know, cuz that was some riveting stuff. I’m sure it’d put any date to sleep.

-Brad has a great day with Shawntel biking around town and having a picnic, but he still needs more since, well, he’s about as needy as they come. “Tonight’s date with Shawntel needs to be big. I need some sort of clarity.” Translation: I HAVE to know whether or not this chick will give up the ass anytime soon. We’re getting down to the nitty gritty here. We’re two dates away from the overnights, and I need a guaranteed lay once we’re in South Africa or I’m wasting my time. Exactly how much more clarity did Brad need? The chick just told him on their second 1-on-1 date together that she’s falling in love with him. Is that not good enough? Does she need to text it to him over and over and over and over again like he does to his ex’s? I don’t get it. Shawntel couldn’t have been more open and now he’s bitching about wanting more clarity? I’m beginning to think all this “intense therapy” has turned Brad insane. Seems to be completely clueless about what he wants.

-Brad starts to open up a bit to Shawntel. “My parents divorced when I was four. My father has just never been in the picture.” Well, not according to “Star” magazine last week. Different story for a different day I guess. You can address that later. Then Brad tells us “I can talk about stuff with Shawntel that I don’t even talk to my brothers about.” Uh huh. Ok. Really? You’ve never talked about your father with your brothers? I don’t want to call bullsh** on that, but ehhhhh, what the hell? Bullsh**. I’m guessing you have. At least, I hope you have, or you are the most unemotional android walking the face of the planet. I was just waiting for Brad to drop on Shawntel the story about how when he was 12, his dad said he was coming over to pick him up, and then he never saw him again til he was 16. Hey man, cut the guy some slack. Maybe he took the long way to get to your place? Perhaps he got lost? Maybe he was real nervous and drove around the block a few billion times? I’m sure the guy has a perfectly good explanation as to why it took him four years to pick you up and take you out for ice cream. I’m dying to hear it.

-The next part of their date was my absolute favorite. A concert by none other than…wait for it…Bankie Banx! Holy sh**! THE Bankie Banx? How did they ever secure him for this show? I mean, I thought Train and Seal were huge gets for them. No way. Bankie Banx never performs for crappy network television dating shows aimed at middle aged housewives who are so disenchanted with their married life they have to live vicariously through people they see on TV. So be thankful for Bankie Banx giving them a free show. Brad certainly is. “Bankie Banx is the most famous singer in Anguilla, if not the entire Caribbean.” I can’t really say the Anguillan music scene is booming with recording artists left and right. Call me crazy. And isn’t saying Bankie Banx is the most famous singer in Anguilla equivalent to saying that Wes Hayden has the #1 single in Chihuahua, Mexico? Just sayin. I think the funniest moment in 21 seasons of this franchise COULD have been if Bankie Banx broke into, “Theeeeeeey saaaaaaay love. It don’t come eeeeeeeeeeasssssaaaaaaay.” I might’ve actually started ROFLMAO if that happened.

-Brad and Shawntel are so impressed by Bankie, and are loving his music so much, they basically just decide to ditch the free concert for some nookie. Congrats to all the locals and extras they brought in to make it seem like Bankie was killin’ it out there and there was standing room only to see him. The last crowd I saw that disinterested in what they were watching was Sunday night at the Grammys when Esperanza Spalding was giving her speech for “Best New Artist”. I have a question: Who on God’s green earth is Esperanza Spalding? Anyway, Brad and Shawntel go frolicking in the ocean together (Hmmmm, how original considering he did that with Emily too), and for really the first time all season, we get a very clear view of how giant Shawntel’s tramp stamp is. Holy crap. And maybe some of you out there reading this have a tramp stamp of your own, so I apologize for making it sound so crass and degrading. For your liking, why don’t we call it by it’s proper name, the P.O.T. (Pull Out Target). I don’t want to say Shawntel’s P.O.T. is huge, but a blind man could earn a triple score by firing away on that bullseye.

1. shell9212

February 16, 2011 at 9:46 AM

mrs joiner you are right – I agree with all you say – especially
    about Chantal – “if I was her and I was feeling like a fat lard, I don’t think I’d be on a national television poking my belly and my buttocks out looking like a before picture for an Acai berry infomercial…” my thoughts when i saw how sloppy poor Chantal looked in her bikini was my gawd girl, if ever there is a time to curtail your eating it’s right before flying off to a tropical island where you no doubt are going to be seen in a bathing suit! She is what–?– 25? That is about as good as it gets gals – as the years go by, you will have to work harder and harder at watching what and how much you eat and how much you exercise to look decent in bathing attire. At age 25 a woman should be looking her best. Enjoy it while you can girls – ’cause it doesn’t last. Take it from a woman over age 40.

2. DonGrigio

February 16, 2011 at 10:02 AM

juliejulie – checked out your blog – eh it’s just alright. While your diatribe on grammar (hahha) was good, you have no insight like this dude over here. You totally blew the fact that Brit dumped Brad. She said so back at the house and before reading Steve I thought that was odd. BUT she’s a totally believeable person imho not like some of the other me-me types we’re used to seeing. She knew nothing was there between them. This butthole show edits and craps all over us every week and most of you buy it. Thanks Steve for the spoilers. Shows like these NEED to be spoiled – they earn that right on a weekly basis.

Also – truebachelorfan – you don’t remember Paradise Hotel !?! Better google that – that show was the height of all things evil re reality date shows.

3. Nobody

February 16, 2011 at 10:16 AM

@ Ms_Joiner:

Cats are commonly referred to as “little women”. Where else do you think they learned to be “users and moochers”?

4. Dianne

February 16, 2011 at 10:17 AM

shell – you make it sound like Chantal has gained, like, 25 lbs or something..geesh! She’s put on a couple, which she admits to. Because of her build, I think she shows the extra couple of pounds, but I’m sure it’s not something she can’t get rid of. I’d like to see any 25 year old NOT look sloppy, and “look their best” after having no more than an hour sleep and having to prep for the SI shoot. The poor girl was exhausted! Give her a break already!

5. spins22

February 16, 2011 at 10:45 AM

P.O.T. hilarious!!! Shawntel is interesting but you can definitely tell she’s a lot younger than him. She seems out for fun that’s for sure. I didn’t like Chantel before, her crying and whinning was annoying but after the Laurel story came out, i actually like these two “lovebirds” together. Rebound or attempt to make exes jealous, either way they seem to be a good match!

6. smd64

February 16, 2011 at 10:55 AM

@ juliejulie — this is Steve’s blog. Stop posting on here to promote your own blog. How desperate can you get?

7. mommyof2

February 16, 2011 at 11:09 AM

I agree with Nobody about the wedding thing. I purposely went to the link and voted for someone ELSE other than Holly and Michael. I voted for the guy in the Navy and his fiance; at least he serves our country instead of promoting himself through this reality franchise.

Also, as Justa-VIewer points out, the proofing comment I made was in direct reference to the mix-up of the names “Shawntel” and “Chantal”.

8. mommyof2

February 16, 2011 at 11:12 AM

Oh, and I noticed Steve fixed the name mix-up in his blog, so I have no complaints now. I’m glad he’s listening/reading his fans.

9. hordac

February 16, 2011 at 11:51 AM

I don’t care about grammar/spelling errors personally. What bothers me though (yes I’m going to go there) is when RS is so sure that he is right about something, like the age of caves in Costa Rica, that he comes off as an arrogant no nothing p***k, ha ha. Still love you RS, your blog truly is the highlight of the Bachelor/ette franchise.

Although I hate guys going off on girls for being fat when they clearly are not, I like the way RS qualified his comments about her body. It is true that no guy would kick Chantal out of their bed, its not like she is some fat pig. But yes, she looked THICK and POUCHY. I am more similar to Chantal’s body type than to Ashley or Michelle, so I totally sympathize. I would bet that she was HORRIFIED when she watched the episode. I had to respect her when she said she felt fat. That was honest. She won points from me for that. BUT….she is most definitely a whiner and Brad is going to RUN FAR sooner rather than later. I would pick someone like Shawntel in a heartbeat. Guys, THAT is the kind of woman you should all be looking for! She has my vote for Bachelorette as well. Emily bores me to tears and I could almost see her cringing when she had to kiss Brad. You cannot tell me she is going to sleep with him in SA, now talk about sucking it up. (oh boy, did I just write that?). She is Barbie come to life no doubt about it. I am convinced that the producers have told Brad he needs to keep her around to forward their Bachelorette agendy for her. There is ZERO chemistry.

I also noticed the suitcase edit with Britt. I love catching this stuff its so AWESOME (another overused phrase on this show!)

10. SherryfromD

February 16, 2011 at 1:45 PM

These were the two comments I thought were the most hilarious from this recap:

Then I saw how scared Britt was and I felt bad. Not because I was really wanting her to overcome her fears or anything. I was just scared that the impact of her 75lb body crashing into the water might shatter every bone in her body.

11. finerthings

February 16, 2011 at 1:52 PM

I really didn’t think Chantal’s body issue was that big a deal. I thought she looked good. And did you guys SEE Michelle’s veiny, saggy breasts?? Oh my goodness, I was much more embarrassed for her than I was for Chantal after seeing those. Ick.

12. Small_Peanut

February 16, 2011 at 2:01 PM

Funny recap as usual! Hilarious about the Bankee Banx (sp?) band.

However, I must be in the minority, just because Chantal said she felt fat that day (what woman doesn’t have fat days???!!), doesn’t make her a target for the fat comments from some of the posters. Good grief, you run around practically naked on national TV (and yes, the camera DOES add 10-15 lbs), which means Chantal probably looks skinny in real life off the camera vs. NORMAL on the camera. She didn’t have a choice, she had to pose for the magazine, and it was part of the group date.

This is why we have women with eating disorders, and why all the chicks that go on TV end up losing 10-20 even if they don’t need too. I disagree she does not need to lose weight, just cut down the salt intake will help any of the bloating prior to jumping into a bikini. Plus, her body natural curves to where her stomach curves outwards, she can’t change that, that’s genetics.

Ali from last season as RS pointed out, apparently tweets about the way her weight is (obviously, from negative comments like these posters on your blog), she should do herself a favor and stop reading them, it’s not healthy.

Touché to Chantal for strutting herself and putting her fears and body image aside (and trust me, for most women this is HARD to do). I know far too many women who would love to even look 1/10th as she good as she does in a bikini! Had to chime in, all these weight comments were a bit over the top. Too many peeps that like to put others down to make themselves feel superior including those that come here and make negative comments about this blog. If you don’t like it, don’t come back.

13. manila75

February 16, 2011 at 2:46 PM

RS actually listens to us! LOL. He got rid of the other links (Bachelor Pad Spoilers and The Bachelorette 6 – Ali) to avoid confusing less savvy users. I’m impressed. Go RS 🙂

14. manila75

February 16, 2011 at 2:49 PM

“For your liking, why don’t we call it by it’s proper name, the P.O.T. (Pull Out Target). I don’t want to say Shawntel’s P.O.T. is huge, but a blind man could earn a triple score by firing away on that bullseye.” This, I actually got confuse…didn’t notice Shawntel’s POT. Am I blind?

15. shell9212

February 16, 2011 at 3:01 PM

Michelle had the best body despite the veiny fake tits.
    Hah-ha so no guy would kick Chantal out of bed–? – –hah — so true but most men are pigs and would fuck anything. So that comment means nothing.
    I am not saying Chantal isn’t attractive -she is – she has the face of an angel – my point was a 25 year old woman should be at her best body weight.

ESPECIALLY IF SHE IS ON NATIONAL TELEVISION IN A BATHING SUIT.

How many weeks has she been on the bachelor? 4? 5? 6? and she can’t
    stop eating like a hog? Well, then she has some emotional issues which are also apparent by her crying for no reason.
    Ok you just wait –all you under age 40 women. Go on – abuse your bodies and overeat & then when you are my age–
    over age 45 –you’ll be sorry. Age 25? That is about as good as it gets gals – as the years go by, you will have to work harder and

16. DonGrigio

February 16, 2011 at 3:47 PM

I forgot to comment on the irony of Brit being a “Food Writer”??? Food writer – that’s an odd way of saying it. I guess she “writes” food vs. eating it.

17. asylvia

February 16, 2011 at 3:51 PM

Dear Steve, not interested in Laurel in the least. have to question her motives. yes, Brad send her texts and told her whatever he needed to to keep her around and she was dumb enough to stay around. not like he could actually say:

“Hey Laurel, you’re like my plan B in case this doesn’t work out for me I don’t look like a complete jerk, again! truth is I break up with you on Fridays, so I can meet other girls during the weekend. then, when I get horny, I call and make up with you so you’ll put out…you’re like Janice on Friends, the “just in case I can’t do any better” girl. thanks for hanging in there and putting out for 8 years, but I’m done with you. Thanks to my therapist, I’ve learned I CAN do so much better. despite my daddy issues — I deserve SO MUCH more that someone like you. go back to Wes.” hasta la vista…baby!

Laurel is an even bigger jerk than Brad because any true friend wouldn’t be out bad mouthing him and making things up the way she is. She’s obviously pissed off at him for moving on from a loser like her. and since she never said YES to any of his eight proposals, what does she care anyway…she didn’t want him — so please tell her in your interview to move the hell on…no one is interested in anything she has to say.

Can’t say I blame Brad. Whatever money he was paid is nothing to winning over a woman like Chantal. She is great and both deserve to be happy.

18. DonGrigio

February 16, 2011 at 3:52 PM

My God shell – most men are pigs and would fuck anything? That’s disgusting – some of us have some decency and morals. I think the comment by Stevie R was meant to say she still looks real fine. And she does despite her bingeing (hey did I spell that right all you gramma nazis?)

19. shell9212

February 16, 2011 at 4:08 PM

Hey DonGriglo-yes I said MOST men – and I stand by it – maybe you are exception!
    Maybe YOU have some decency and morals but most men do not – they are pigs.

I did not even read reality Steve’s comment about Chantal’s body. I just skim his stupid blog and then I read the comments. I was commenting on Chantal’s FAT LARD figure after I watched the tv show and saw with my own eyes how piggy she looked in a bathing suit.

I was just saying that a 25 year old should not abuse her body and overeat because 40 ain’t that far away from 25 and once a gal hits 40, her metabolism slows down and it gets harder to fight fat.

20. addishonte

February 16, 2011 at 5:05 PM

@Shell9212
    Shame on you for insulting Chantal and her physique; just because she’s 28 doesn’t mean she should be stick thin and look like a super model. I mean being so wise in your years and all, shouldn’t you know that?!?!
    It’s women like you who perpetuate eating disorders and poor self esteem in young women. I surely hope you’re not raising a daughter, but then again, you’re probably too old to have a daughter who’s still impressionable.

21. sweetness34

February 16, 2011 at 5:20 PM

What can I say about this amazing episode? My feelings for it are so real. I never realized this could get so real. I mean, I have feelings for the last episode too. But I can’t keep both episodes around. It makes me sad that I’ll have to say goodbye to an episode I care about. But I have to follow my heart. Of course, in order to make my decision, I need both episodes to be honest with me. They can’t put walls up, they must tell me how they feel. And when I finally make my decision and give out that final rose to the lucky episode, it will be the most dramatic, controversial decision ever…

[/sarcasm off] The best thing about this season is that the writers/producers have so clearly mailed it in. After all these seasons, they’ve just stopped trying.

22. Nobody

February 16, 2011 at 5:41 PM

People, Chantel is a fucking lard ass. She needs to apply for the biggest loser after she gets dumped by that retard Brad.

23. jubilee

February 16, 2011 at 5:57 PM

Steve – your column makes my day. The part about the band in Anguilla (THE Bankie Banx?) was freakin’ priceless.

24. jennstinn

February 16, 2011 at 8:38 PM

I definitely thought Chantal looked larger than the other girls, but in her defense I really doubt that if you were standing next to her in real life you would notice. It was an easy comparison for us against the stick thin girls, but I would Chantal is at most a size 8, more than likely a size 4/6, which is below average. And, like another poster pointed out, she has a different body type than the other girls. Her weight is mainly in her stomach area, and her stomach is kind of boxy. She can’t control that.

Michelle’s Facebook comment made me laugh so hard.

And @manila, that thing is HUGE. I noticed it before even reading the blog.

25. finerthings

February 16, 2011 at 9:36 PM

Shell, I think there’s a way to tell young girls to respect their bodies and not overeat without attacking a completely respectably sized girl on tv. There are all different types of women, and, believe it or not, not all 45 year old women have to freak out about their weight and what they eat. We are all different and we should respect each other for those differences. I thought all the women looked beautiful. Both pairs of fake breasts scared me a little…I will say that.

26. justakiwi

February 17, 2011 at 1:03 AM

Hey everyone, it’s our old friend adria921, back to call men pigs who will poke anything and every girl is a ho. Yep, she’s returned only now its calling itself shell9212.

Tsk tsk Adria, must be something in that vino you have in San Diego.

27. skutn1em

February 17, 2011 at 1:53 AM

Cat person, here. My husband and I live 2800 miles from our families for our jobs and just 2 months after we got married, he was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma… My cat is my support, my friend, and my reprieve from chaos.

Thanks for writing what everyone else is thinking, Steve.

28. RainyNiteNTx

February 17, 2011 at 2:44 AM

Big fan of Reality Steve, but geez he seems bi-polar. He disses the people bad when they are on the show, then in the next column, they are modeling for him or he is partying with them, or promoting a wedding for them. Good grief – next he will tell us that he is seeing Brad’s shrink and that he has been really helpful lol.

29. Dianne

February 17, 2011 at 5:42 AM

shell, you are one rude chick. You have MAJOR issues that you need to seek professional help for. Take your man-hating, fad lard attitute somewhere else..this is NOT the place for it.

30. mommyof2

February 17, 2011 at 6:57 AM

@justakiwi- Thanks for pointing out that shell9212 is really adria921. Makes sense by her constant negative, rude, and vile comments that they would be one in the same. She has every right to post them, but they are nauseating and obnoxious. I agree with Dianne that shell (AKA adria) should take them somewhere else and/or seek professional help.
    The worst comment she made, however, was on a former post a few weeks ago where she went way over the line by insulting not only single mothers, but their innocent children. Shameless and completely sickening.

31. Dianne

February 17, 2011 at 7:40 AM

Right you are mommyof2, I absolutely agree with you 100% about the comment adria/shell made about single moms & their kids, but you know, when I read comments like the ones adria/shell put out, it only proves her insecurities and immaturity. It really is a shame people have to be this way, but I guess the best we can do is ignore her ignorance and hopefully she’ll go away.

32. RaRa

February 17, 2011 at 8:04 AM

@mommyof2 – I’m a HUGE cat lover, and have never been without a cat in all of my 50 years. Even I must admit that cats’ love is NOT unconditional. They are attracted to whomever gives them food. All those cute little “kitty” things they do are to manipulate you into feeding them or fulfilling some other cat desire. I harbor no illusions about this. My husband’s dogs would give their lives for us in an emergency and will come when you call them. When you call a cat, they will take a message and get back with you later. That said, I like the way cats smell and the texture of their fur, and love to pet them and carry them around. But that does NOT mean I anthropomorphize my cats and believe they have human-like emotions for me. Sheesh. Love your column, Steve.

33. RaRa

February 17, 2011 at 8:08 AM

My opinion on Emily – she probably originally applied for a Bachelorette position, but the producers probably encouraged her to first go through a Bachelor season to build up a fan base first. She was likely destined to come in number 2 from the very first day, and that is why they planned the NASCAR date prior to the beginning of the season.

The reason Chantal cries so much is because when Chantal complained about all the time Brad spent with Emily at the NASCAR date, Brad told her that when a woman cries he wants to comfort her. “I would have done the same thing for any of you.” Hence, when Chantal wants to spend time with Brad, she cries. End of story.

34. HeidiT

February 17, 2011 at 8:23 AM

I did notice that Chantal had put on weight when she took her top off and her stomach was sticking out, but she’s still considered thin by any one’s standards, she’s what people would call “healthy” not stick thin so the lard ass comments are totally uncalled for and are just plain mean, people who live in glass houses seems fitting here.

I only watch the show to keep up with Steve’s blogs as I find them highly entertaining.

I’ve been to Anguilla and I loved it. The beaches and resorts are amazing especially Little Bay where I went snorkling. My ex’s parents live on the island so I got to tour like a native and Little Bay is one place that tourists usually don’t go to, the only way to get there by foot is to walk down a small path cut into the side of the cliff, hanging onto a rope. The second way is by boat but it cannot enter the bay at all because Little Bay is a fish sanctuary so no fishing is permitted. I have to say I never heard of Bankie Banx, nor did I eat at his establishment, so how famous can he be unless he’s only been around for a few years, or maybe my ex’s parents knew to stay away.

Looking forward to Friday’s post.

35. swills13

February 17, 2011 at 10:14 AM

I’m somewhat shocked that more people haven’t jumped all over Brad saying that “Bankie Banx is the most famous singer in Anguilla, if not the entire Caribbean.” The entire Caribbean?? Really??? Bob Marley, Rihanna, Sean Paul, Sean Kingston, Beenie Man and Wyclef Jean might beg to differ on that one, Pickelsimer. Also, has anybody checked out the swimsuit pictures from the SI website? Many of them are not too flattering, particularly the picture of Brad w/ all three girls, as the angle makes Chantal look 3 times the size of the other girls. I feel pretty bad for Chantal for that one. There are also a couple of individual pics of her that are horrendously airbrushed to apparently try to make her look thinner, but make her look even worse.

36. swills13

February 17, 2011 at 10:20 AM

To add to the Brad Womack drinking game ideas, if you were to drink every time Brad says “Can I be honest?” or “I’m gonna be honest” or “Honestly”, you’d be unable to walk by the end of each episode. Also, from my experience, the more often someone prefaces what he says with “I’m gonna be totally honest”, the more likely it is that he is lying out his ass. This season, he’s throwing the word “honest” around just as often as the phrase “here for the right reasons” has been used the last 4 or 5 seasons.

37. spins22

February 17, 2011 at 10:30 AM

I don’t think it’s a matter of being fat or skinny…just healthy. They seem to have a lot of free time during the day when they aren’t on their dates, why not exercise, have some fun with it and do some cardio. I’m 31 and I definitely had to change my diet and exercise. Being healthy adds years to life. I would like to hear what Laurel has to say about this and if Brad is a health nut with his women.

38. Small_Peanut

February 17, 2011 at 10:31 AM

This blog is definitely great lunch time reading.

Another one for the drinking game, lol that Brad says constantly is “I promise you this” every time one of the women questions his sincerity for her he says “I promise you this”…….must be a southern thing as I hear that a lot here in Texas (transplant from another state).

39. mommyof2

February 17, 2011 at 10:57 AM

RaRa- I understand your opinion of cats and dogs, and I do agree that a dog will give his or her life for the people he or she loves as my dog growing up actually saved my life when I was a little girl. I wrote an article in school telling the story and won an award for it, as it was a tear-jerker, and it was all true. I love dogs, for sure. However, I believe cats who love you will also do all they can for their loved ones. When my daughter was a baby and was in just her diaper when I ran out of the room to get something, I came back in and my female cat was curled up around her on the floor keeping her warm and nuzzling her. It was the sweetest thing. When my son was a little baby, she would do the same thing with him when he was on my lap, cuddling up behind him to keep him warm. Some cats put themselves first, of course, but some are nurturing and loving, too.

40. Dianne

February 17, 2011 at 12:01 PM

RaRa, I’m sorry, I have to disagree with you regarding the attachment of cats to whomever feeds them. I currently have 3 cats; 2 female, 1 male. The youngest female is an intake, and is TOTALLY attached to my partner who “rescued” her from her intake location. She hears him pull up in the driveway and no matter where she is in the house, she races to the door to greet him. I’m the one that gives them their food 99% of the time, but she is not overly affectionate/attentive to me. Our male is most affectionate with me..loves to sit on my lap etc, which can be trying since he’s close to 25 lbs, ha! And the middle female just goes with the flow. She’s never been overly affectionate, but is very, very protective of her territory, along with both myself and my partner, but I will admit, she’s the “diva” and she does put herself first, whereas the other two do not. I too have always had cats, and each and every one of them has had their own personality. The three I have now are not alike in any way.

41. Brandy

February 17, 2011 at 1:03 PM

I’m sure someone has said this before – but my only problem with why people hate Brad, is the reason they hate him. I think he’s unattractive and a dim bulb personally, but the reason people dislike him is because he chose no one in the end? Really? I don’t understand why that can’t be a choice, and really then how does someone “win”? If he picked someone and they broke up months later it would be all “I knew they wouldn’t make it” and bad mouthing them etc….so what’s the difference??

Same with Jason, so he changed his mind…it happens every day! At least he was going with his feelings…why are these people punished for that?

I know that these moves are closely calculated by the producers and agents, so I can’t invest too much time in it, but I will never understand why Brad choosing no one in the end was such a bad move? Yes, he kept 2 girls until the end…what was he supposed to do? Stop filming? He couldn’t! It’s the same when whiny Chantal says things about him not picking her..he can’t tell her those things, he can’t stop the show because he has feelings for her, it’s the show she signed up for! Idiots.

Anyways, I enjoy the blog – mostly for the reflections of the night, always funny. What I don’t like is the attitude RS has gotten lately. In the article regarding the Laurel story going on and on about how he “could” do this, and “could” do that…oh shut up already if you’re not going to!

That’s all folks!

42. nancy 1794

February 17, 2011 at 4:50 PM

I think that Chantal has some emotional problems. Too much crying and the eating too much
    while filming for a nation wide tv show is a red flag. Most young, attractive women who are trying to land a husband are able to curb their overeating
    for a few weeks or months. Life gets tougher the older we get. If you become overwhelmed and overeat at age 20-something and have to cry all the time, what will you be like when you are older and have to face some genuine tough times or some real disappointments ? Life is going to bring into all of our lives some problems to deal with. I would not choose Chantal as a life partner if I was a man based on these manifestations of her emotional instability.

43. wisewords

February 17, 2011 at 6:56 PM

All this talk about Chantal being too fat–get a grip, people! The women cast on this show are teeny tiny compared to the average population of women the same age. So Chantal is built a little more like the rest of us. Good for her. I thought she looked beautiful.

44. wisewords

February 17, 2011 at 7:37 PM

Btw, love the comment about Shawntel Newton getting the “Kirk DeWindt” hometown date next week. Too funny! And Shawntel is my favorite bachelorette this season, too.

45. Dianne

February 18, 2011 at 5:38 AM

Wow, Dr. nancy, thanks for your professional insight. Wait, you ARE a professional, aren’t you? I certainly hope so since you seem to think you know exactly what Chantal’s “problems” are. I cannot believe anyone falls for the edits ABC does on this show. I’m sure Chantal was upset about something, but typical ABC producers have made it seem like it’s all about Brad. Somehow, I don’t think so, but hey, I’m no pro, not like Dr. nancy here.

46. Cobliden

February 18, 2011 at 6:23 AM

Steve- you’re a bit of an ass for going all melodramatic about your readers’ requests for usability modifications, such as larger fonts and clearer instructions. You basically said their questions and requests were “stupid” and like “2nd graders”. Do you really think that insulting your readership is such a great idea? I’m not one of the people who made such requests, but I do work in usability design for a living, so my job consists of listening to these people that you have deemed “stupid”. Some of the best modifications have come from what you refer to as “stupid questions.” You’re just positively insulting and display quite a prick attitude. Your proofreading skills are like a 2nd grader’s, as is your grammar. Seriously- did you even graduate high school? If so, I’m sure that you did not do well in English. You write in comma splices, fragments, and misuse prepositional pronouns more than elementary school children do. I think that instead of criticizing your readers for their questions, you should spend some time in an English usage book and read up on HCI and usability if you are going to continue trying to deliver a competent web product.

47. DonGrigio

February 18, 2011 at 7:04 AM

juliejulie – what do you think of Diane’s use of whomever in her comment above, “…to whomever feeds it..”

“Who” vs. “whom” and, by extension, “whoever” vs. “whomever,” is botched on a daily basis by people all over – more so then I vs. me. When acting as the subject of a sentence OR subject of a phrase, you must use who/whoever. “To whoever feeds it” is the correct phrasing. On the other hand, “To whom/whomever” would be correct since the use is as an object of the phrase.

Moral of this comment – just because there is a “to” or a “for” before the word doesn’t mean you always use whom/whomever. Thank you in advance.”

48. nancy 1794

February 18, 2011 at 7:13 AM

Dianne-WHY are you so confrontational all the time? Can I not express my OPINION? You sure do express YOUR opinions all the time. Do I have to have a doctor’s degree to state what I observe and feel? Who made you the queen in charge of these comments? Get off your high horse!

49. finerthings

February 18, 2011 at 7:20 AM

Lol, you guys, things are getting kind of nit-picky and ugly around here…CALM THE F*** DOWN!!

You’re welcome.

50. bebe

February 19, 2011 at 8:07 PM

Blog written by Laurel’s friend about Brad/Laurel thing. Very interesting!