Love your blog, but you get all the time. On to my questions:
1) Are there requirements to even try and audition for this show? Like a certain weight the girls have to be or something to even be considered?
2) In your opinion how long do you think the show will last?
3) Who in your opinion was the prettiest bachelorette and/or prettiest girl on Brad’s season?
4) Non-related bachelor question but who is your favorite on American Idol?
Comment: 1) Well, you’ve seen the show. They’re not casting 200 lb women, that’s for sure. Call it shallow, call it whatever. It just is what it is. They cast a certain type of person on this show and they have for 21 seasons. I don’t see that changing anytime soon.
2) Well, if you would’ve asked me seven years if the show would still be airing in 2011, I’d have told you that you were crazy, so trying to guess when this show will go off the air is next to impossible. It wins its demographic of Women 18-49 in its timeslot every Monday night, and that’s all they care about. I don’t see that changing anytime soon either. So I guess it will end when they just get tired of doing it.
3) I don’t think it should come as a surprise to anyone when I say Ashley Spivey. I think I made that quite clear this season.
4) This season, or overall? I named the three I like this season. But some of my past favorites were Carrie Underwood, David Cook, and Katharine McPhee.
Hi, Steve. I enjoy your columns so much! Always a pleasure and fun to read.
Just a quick question.
U always mention that contestants are not allowed to reveal anything about the show’s ending and dish any dirt. You replyed to someone’s e-mail asking you why wouldn’t you write a “tell all book” by saying :“Problem is, a lot of former contestants would never want their name attached to it, and ABC definitely wouldn’t let that book come out since they know it’d expose how the show is really made.” What do you mean by that? What would ABC be able to do to someone who decides to release a book or a contestant who does an interview or spoils the ending?
Comment: Well, there’s a reason that in 21 seasons, and over 500 contestants who’ve been on this show, not ONE of them has ever written a tell all book. It’s because they can’t. It’s in their contract. You’re not allowed to give away the “show secrets” per se. Especially publicly. They will sue you for that. Or, at least that’s what the contract states they can do. That’s why no one’s ever done it. And nobody is stupid enough to spoil the ending in an interview. Technically, no one knows the ending but the lead and the final two people involved, and those two usually don’t get interviewed until the show is over. So I don’t see how they could let it out publicly before then.
I know you don’t have any official information of Bachelor Pad cast, but do you think it’s possible they’d cast Jake AND Vienna? Ask sick as it is, it would be interesting to see them cast one of these formerly engaged couples. I must admit, as much as I detest Jake, that they’re post break up interview was “one of the most dramatic moments in bachelor history”
Thanks! LOVE the column!
Comment: I’d be surprised if Jake ever appeared on anything to do with this show again. I think they realized after he was the “Bachelor” and then his subsequent 1-on-1 sit down with Vienna that his public image took a beating and people realized how phony he was. Then again, if they’re willing to cast Rozlyn on “Bachelor Pad 2” (which in all likelihood is going to happen), then I guess nothings out of the question. Especially with Vienna and Kasey as a couple now, it sure would add to the drama. But I just don’t see it happening. Jake is too busy being a pilot, or shooting a pilot, or whatever the hell it is he’s doing now. No idea.