Bachelorette Ashley Spoilers

Reality Roundup – 4/7/11 Including “Survivor”, “DWTS”, and “Celebrity Apprentice” & Where Has Ashley Been?

Not nearly as many reader emails to get to today. I told you once the offseason rolls around, the emails tend to slow down and people don’t have as many questions. So I’ll give you what I can that came in over the last week, including more influx from foreigners. I’m truly baffled by the overseas love. Thank you very much. Here we go:

I was reading your reaction to James Durbin’s performance and found myself yet again reminded of his backstory. At the age of 3 I was diagnosed with tourettes. It has been hell at times but something that I have been able to live my life as normal as most people. We all have something wrong with us. Just most of the time it isn’t quite as noticeable as tourettes. It’s funny you would think that since I am a sufferer as well I would root for James for that very reason. But I don’t. He is a great performer and keeps me entertained on Wednesday nights, but I feel as though he is using his illness to gain fans. That sickens me. I also find it hard to believe that he has aspergers. As a caregiver I have taken care of many autistic patients and never have I seen one of them capable of changing their lives so much. It just seems strange to me and doesn’t quite add up. And now Casey has an illness, they have all had the flu. I guess the point to my email is….do you share my same fustration? I realize shows like these are all about winning over the fans, but how low will they stoop?

I wish this show could be about the production and the performances. We will have the opportunity to learn more about them as they prove they have what it takes to be a star.

Another question for ya regarding the Bachelor/ette if all the non-picked are sent home when they don’t get a rose and they don’t leave again to meet up with bachelor/ette, can’t their families figure out they weren’t chosen? I know I would know if my sister came home and was broken hearted.

Comment: Well, I completely disagree with that assessment of James. I don’t think he’s using his illness to gain fans at all. I mean, he has Tourettes. Don’t really think he’s faking that. And honestly, since his audition, they haven’t really brought it up, or the Aspergers that he suffers from as well. Basically, he’d be the worst human being alive if he told 22 million people he has Aspergers when he doesn’t. He might as well just check straight into hell if he’s pulling that over on everyone. Look, I’m no expert, but my sister has taught children with forms of autism for 11 years, so all my knowledge comes from things I’ve heard from her, and from what I can remember, you can be a fully functioning individual even if you have Aspergers. James is proof of that.

As for your Bachelor/ette question, ummmm, yeah. It’s not that hard to figure out. If you leave to do the show and a week later you’re home, pretty much means you got booted early.
_____________________________________________________________________

hello steve! i’am writing you because i’am searching for the beautiful piano music of the bachelor show and i’am not succeeding at all. if you know where i can find them or the name of the composer.
thank you very much.

Comment: The minute I ever know who composes the cheesy music for this show, feel free to club me over the head with a 3-iron. I honestly have no idea and nor do I care. But good luck in your search.
_____________________________________________________________________

Hey Steve! Just wanted you to add me to your “foreigner” list. I am an American living in Zambia, and I faithfully read your column every week, usually before I download the show on itunes–it makes it so fun to watch! Some of my Zambian friends have seen the show, and they are just completely shocked at how many girls the Bachelor kisses right after each other!

Comment: Zambia? Wow. I’ve done it now. I know I’ve hit it big when the local Zambians are talking about me. And the minute I have a clue where Zambia is, I’ll be sure to never forget you guys. Thanks for the support. Give my love to all Zambians out there. Isn’t that something you take to help you fall asleep?
_____________________________________________________________________

Hey Steve thanks for the e-mail back,

I just wanted to let you know how much I really do enjoy your column. I didn’t watch the bachelor til this past season and I discovered your column pretty early on. I love watching it and making fun of it, even though at the same time I love Brad and Emily and I want them to work out. About two weeks ago I was diagnosed with Lupus and have been literally stuck in the hospital with nothing to do. So what I’ve done is watched past seasons off itunes and read your column as I go through it and I have to say it makes it infinitely more entertaining. So thank you, your column has helped me not be so bored and concentrate on something else.
Keep ’em coming!

Comment: This is awesome. It’s emails like this that make me actually feel somewhat better about myself for making fun of this awful show. I’ve always said that I’m here to entertain. And whether that’s one person or thousands of people, if you’re entertained, then I’m doing something right. Glad I can make you feel better in any way I can, even if it is something as small as a little laughter. Get well.
_____________________________________________________________________

1. jenniferboston1

April 7, 2011 at 1:23 PM

Steve: Heidi Montag is from MTV’s The Hills….not the Real Housewives! 🙂

2. canada girl

April 7, 2011 at 1:30 PM

Well Ashley has interesting taste if the rumors are true then she has sent home 3 of the 7 I think are cute. But she is keeping Ryan around and he is the hottest of them all so far. However I do not see him with her

3. amylynn

April 7, 2011 at 1:31 PM

Jennifer:
    He said that Jake was shooting a pilot “with Heidi Montag, one of the bimbos from the “Real Housewives” franchise, AND some other F-list reality people who come together and have to resurrect a restaurant franchise in only 30 days.” – If you re-read it, the real housewife bimbo is someone else, not referring to Heidi. I am pretty sure he knows Heidi is from Laguna Beach & The Hills. He obviously isn’t sure which housewife is included so he just says “one of the bimbos from the real housewives fanchise. . . “

4. jenniferboston1

April 7, 2011 at 1:36 PM

I stand corrected @amylynn! Thank you. 🙂

5. jenniferboston1

April 7, 2011 at 1:39 PM

Sorry Steve! 🙂

6. DawsMA

April 7, 2011 at 1:46 PM

Whoa, I missed the part where Steve introduced the first letter and I thought those were HIS thoughts about James Durbin exploiting/faking his diagnoses! Phew. That letter writer is some “caregiver.” Guess he/she isn’t too familiar with the autism spectrum concept. I have a close relative who is extremely high-functioning with Aspberger’s. It’s not a total rarity or anything.

The music question struck me as funny, but Steve’s response made me honestly LOL. The music is definitely cheesy!

Such sad news about Holly and Michael. I had no idea until I read the column. What a shame! They both seem like such nice people. Hopefully things will work out, either for them together or separately with other great people.

7. thammer

April 7, 2011 at 1:53 PM

Come on dude! Chelsea Kane is legal- she will be 23 in September. I only know that ’cause of google. I only perv on those over 21!!!

8. Small_Peanut

April 7, 2011 at 2:21 PM

The HW is Danielle from New Jersey, OMG, too much evil sitting at one table! She makes NeNe seem like an angel –FYI

9. cynstriss

April 7, 2011 at 3:57 PM

To the person asking about the piano music – I recognized a bit of music during the final rose ceremony was from the movie Pride & Prejudice (2005) so that may be what you are looking for. Hope this helps.

10. jenniferboston1

April 7, 2011 at 4:46 PM

@Small_Peanut Says – YOU’RE TOO FUNNY! 🙂

11. anon1983

April 7, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Chelsea is already dating Stephen Colletti from Laguna Beach. He is the guy that dated LC and Kristin Cavillari.

12. thewipf

April 11, 2011 at 12:04 PM

Survivor- I think the Russell/Rob deal did not backfire. Most seasons start out pretty slow. Having Russell there helped jump start the real game of survivor. He should also still be ranked with the top players. It’s true that his game play works best on people that haven’t seen him play before, but that’s how the seasons are typically set up. It would have also been interesting to see how things would have played out if Rob and Russell had switched tribes. The fact that Russell’s tribe threw a challenge is more telling of their stupidity than it is about Russell.

13. jaschad

April 12, 2011 at 12:02 PM

Thank you for the Ralph Macchio/Karate Kid love history. It made me laugh out loud only because I, too, was obsessed with him. So, what are the other 7 movies you can recite word for word?

14. hordac

April 13, 2011 at 9:57 AM

a few things to add:

– yes, Ralph Macchio is incredibly young looking! I had to rewind the show to double check that they said what I thought they did about his age! He’s probably had a bit of eye work done but I doubt anymore than that.
    – I have a son who is almost 15 that was also diagnosed with Aspergers at about 3. By some miracle he has outgrown most of the issues he had, and lives a full, normal, teenage life. With no support at school academically or for behaviour. I confided in one of his teachers about his younger years and she was absolutely shocked. No one can tell, so yes, people with this diagnosis can definitely be and live like everyone else but I have to say they would have to start out in the high functioning range definitely, which my son was. There are still some challenges though, and James I’m sure has them. I don’t believe for a second he is lying, but is one of the lucky ones.
    – good for Jillian for using her ‘rette days to further a respectable career and not using it to become some third rate actress (and we can now see this was her motive all along I’m sure)
    – good for RS for being a little nicer to his foreign fans! I almost feel like he’s making up for his comment to the German guy/girl awhile back about the firing squad as entertainment ha ha – no filter indeed, ha ha.

15. cupidashley

April 14, 2011 at 10:23 AM

Did you all hear about the Bachelor Reunion in Colorado? Read more in this article from CupidsPulse.com http://www.cupidspulse.com/a-cozy-2011-bachelor-reunion-in-colorado/
    Also- Barbara Corcoran from Shark Tank gives tip for women looking to open their own businesses and describes what she looks for in a product!http://www.cupidspulse.com/shark-tank-barbara-corcoran-business-relationships-shark-tales/

16. Hannah

April 28, 2011 at 2:37 PM

I read you sporadically strictly for your spoilers – you’re pretty spot on, so thank you for that. I gotta say though, your attitude is really off-putting, and your stream-of-consciousness writing style is hard to read. I know that I choose to come to your site though, so usually keep my mouth shut.

The last straw that made me sign up with word press to leave a comment? Your popup ad that won’t let me close out of it. I’m guessing you work with some cheap ad network and don’t mind spamming your readers just to make money.

I know your response will probably be very angry and bitter – but I really think you should take these types of comments to heart. you know the saying – if you think everyone else is the problem, the problem is probably you.