Reader Emails

More “Bachelor Pad” Info, Chris Harrison Nonsense, and Your “Reader Emails” – 6/10/11

1) Who is your favorite and least favorite bachelor/bachelorette ever? Jake has to be the worst right?

2) Do former contestants approach you to give you behind the scenes info or do you approach them? Do you keep in contact with a lot of former contestants?

3) A lot of times they bring back former contestants to talk to the new lead after meeting all their guys or girls. I thought for sure Ashley S. would come back for some girl chat with Ashley H. I’m bummed there won’t be an Ashley reunion, I loved those two together

Comment: 1) Jake was definitely the worst. Worst Bachelorette? Don’t really have one. Don’t really care either. They’re all kinda the same to me. I probably enjoyed Ali’s season the most in terms of entertainment though. But to rank each individual Bachelorette I could never do. They’re all kinda the same to me

2) My relationships with former contestants is just as friends. If they want to offer me stuff about what happened to them, of course I’ll listen. And I’ll even ask them particular things about their season if I feel so inclined, or something I remember peaked my interest. However, I try not to make our friendship all about “Bachelor/ette” stuff. I really don’t care all that much to make it all about that. And if I feel that it’s starting to become that, and the only reason they even talk to me is because they maybe want to hear some inside info, then I start distancing myself. I can say the one thing I appreciate is that none of them really ever ask me where I get my info from. They don’t seem to care, which is a good thing.

3) Yes, I agree. I’m bummed too. Had the lotion ready and everything.
_________________________________________________________________

I might be too late for you to answer this question this week,but I have two questions for you mostly based on things I’ve noticed on Twitter, and yes I am embarrassed of the time I spend following these people on Twitter..

– I am wondering about the relationships between the producers and leads/contestants, after the show. Obviously on Twitter it is obvious that they are all pretty chummy. However, based on what you have said and lots of former contestants have said there is lots of editing/masterminding/manipulating/lying going on from the producers, so I wonder why they remain so friendly with each other. I’m assuming some contestants do it to maintain their lifelines with the franchise for future BP/Bachelor/Bachelorette shows. But I can’t imagine Melissa Rycroft or Ashley Hebert wanting to stay close with production based on how I think they were really screwed over by them. Just wondering what your thoughts are.

-Also via Twitter I have noticed Jillian and Ed’s very friendly twitter relationship. They are constantly talking, joking and borderline flirting with each other and she retweets people that say they wish they were still together. I know some people are friendly with exes but for them to have been engaged for so long and the rumored cheating etc. it seems weird that they are sooooo close. What do you think happened between these two, I feel like maybe he ended up being gay and now they are just BFFs!

Comment: Yeah, I’d say most of those relationships stay in tact just because they don’t want to get on anyone’s bad side for fear of possibly losing out on opportunities in the future. Basically, you just don’t want to burn any bridges. Especially with “Bachelor Pad” now a summer show, there’s always the possibility to be cast for that, so you’ll see more and more of them kissing as much ass as possible. Ha ha.

Jillian and Ed’s relationship is like the 9th Wonder of the World to me. I couldn’t explain it on the show, I couldn’t explain it afterwards when all the texts and emails came out about Ed from his ex-girlfriends, and I still can’t explain it to this day. I don’t know either of them so I wouldn’t begin to speculate. I honestly have no idea. It’s never made sense to me.
_________________________________________________________________

Send your emails to: steve@realitysteve.com. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Or join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page. See you Tuesday.

1. finerthings

June 10, 2011 at 11:57 AM

I’m not sure if you’re trying to be overly modest with your answer to the first reader e-mail, or if you just don’t know the effects of your blog, somehow. Every online news article and blog that I had read on the Bachelor last season quoted “Reality Steve’s predictions” and yes, it was definitely an assumption online, BECAUSE OF YOU, that Emily would be the Bachelorette. That didn’t seem to be the question in that e-mail. I think the question was, do you care that you affected Ashley’s emotions? (because they were in fact affected by you) It’s kind of interesting that this whole season of the Bachelorette has that flavor because you were wrong last season. Weird.

2. itsmelauren

June 10, 2011 at 2:58 PM

I think that Steve has more readership than he thinks he does, but honestly, I think it wasn’t him that caused her emotions. Ashley is just an insecure person. Come on, we saw what she was like with Brad. Constant questioning and worrying about the other girls. Her insecurity isn’t going to go away once she’s the Bachelorette. In fact, it probably increases because she now has 25 guys who can reject her instead of one. It’s not Steve’s fault for Ashley’s insecurities. If Ashley can’t take criticism or rejection, she shouldn’t be in the public eye. (Obviously I don’t condone being mean, but as evidenced by the roast, she can’t take much.)

3. poddington

June 10, 2011 at 8:44 PM

I remember there was a time when they actually said bachelors were “hand picked”, or “screened” just for XYZ bachelorette…noticed they did not say that with Ashley. Thats just what you want, a dooshwad that finds your type an ugly duckling. simply awful. My guess is thy could have rustled up a mess a guys that are just Ashley’s type…if they had even cared to try.

4. Caroll

June 12, 2011 at 10:56 AM

I personally do not and have not found Bentley good looking. I guess Ashley did though plus his words and behavior toward her made her feel good. What he said behind the scenes sound sociopathic or psychopathic. Being able to be glib and charming to suit his own ends of playing her. I hope the “plot” moves on now and away from him which Steve’s spoilers indicate will happen.

5. morrigan0

June 13, 2011 at 8:27 AM

I guess this is a sign unemployment is killing me…..I find myself looking forward to tonight’s episode.

6. morrigan0

June 13, 2011 at 8:44 AM

Found BP breakdown over at EW it names the 18 people then throws in 3 mystery men from ashley’s season. I think they’ll inlclude Ben C and Bentley. http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/06/13/bachelor-pad-cast-season-2/

7. jdub

June 13, 2011 at 12:03 PM

I saw Mask Guy Jeff in St. Louis on Saturday night (June 11) so we won’t have to suffer through him on BP. Everyone this season is so boring, it’s a shame that 3 will be getting more air time.

8. hordac

June 13, 2011 at 2:18 PM

Well I’m glad ABC is taking some heat over this Bentley thing, though they are rubbing their hands fiendishly together behind the scenes at all the press its generating. Hey, in the end, this may be good for Ashley. There is probably nothing more mortifying than being called an ugly duckling on national TV, therefore she’ll develop a thicker skin. Shame on you ABC, this was really cruel and I actually feel mortified on her behalf. I hope once this is all over and she has no fear of repercussions she really tells us what she thinks of their slimeball tactics. I hope her and JP find some lasting happiness, which would make this all better for her and worth going through. Wish her all the best for the future!

9. BentleyApologists

June 13, 2011 at 5:27 PM

“Original Bachelorette Footage Edited”—Exclusive Commentary from Bentley*

BENTLEY WAS RIGHT!

Search BENTLEY APOLOGISTS

10. Reason

June 13, 2011 at 7:33 PM

We all know that in order to keep a show on the air you need to get ratings, but it takes a real slimeball to hurt people in order to bring about that goal.

By choosing not to share Bentley’s ITMs with Ashley while she was on the show, ABC has revealed they are willing to hurt others in order to promote their program. Although this had been done before to some degree in earlier seasons, like hiring Michelle Money and lying about her profession as an actress by stating she was still a Hairstylist, this season has been much more direct about it. Sure, they can get ratings by feeding Ashley the false pretense that they will only keep suitors who are there for the “right reason” but the show in its current format will only last as long as there is anyone left who believes it. At least we can now be sure who isn’t there for the “right reason” anymore: the producers and writers of the show. It will be interesting, and maybe even entertaining, to see how the show changes as fewer contestants and viewers buy into the overall premise.

11. bigguysmama

June 13, 2011 at 10:22 PM

I know that it’s hard to wrap your mind around how the ladies can get so riled up about some dude that we’ve never met who treats some chick we’ve never met horribly. IMHO I’d have to say that it’s because we see an injustice happening. We’re seeing someone being talked about in a terrible way and we react to it. We’re ladies, that’s what we do. I mean, this guy was blatantly saying the most hurtful and bullying things, and using his daughter as an excuse in the end. We see this slime ball and he clearly has no remorse for how he feels, thinks or acts, and we have a strong reaction to it. I’m not sure how we couldn’t. Some people cry at sappy movies when we know it’s just a movie, make believe. Others want to throw drinks at a guy because he was mean spirited, disgusting, and a sad excuse for well, anything! Will he be on the Men Tell All? Has he said anything to indicate that he’s not this lowlife that he portrayed himself to be? If not, then I’d say he’ll end up with a couple of drinks in his face.

12. Sylvester

June 15, 2011 at 1:31 AM

Steve,

Twice now you have commented about the final 4 regarding the next bachelor and have indicated that Constantine and Ben are total yawns and would not be it. We now know that Ames is on Bachelor Pad so obviously not a final 4. Since both times you failed to mention JP – is he the last man standing? He would also make a good next bachelor, unless of course Ashley chose him.I quite like him. I also like Ryan. So, my question… Freudian slip in not mentioning his name? or accidental oversight?

13. Small_Peanut

June 15, 2011 at 12:05 PM

As mentioned above (just now read this bit) I believe the entire thing is scripted on both ends. I’m sorry but I highly doubt anyone (no matter how big a jerk) would go on national TV and say those things KNOWING she’ll watch later. I believe he was paid to play that part and I believe Ashley was also in on it. If I had to bet money in Vegas, that’s where I’d roll my dice. The entire scenario is scripted to create ratings. I just can’t believe everyone believes this is real. How many seasons has this aired and how many times have we been proven the manipulation of the show? She’s not that stupid and would never mentioned Bentley 100 times knowing the other guys would see it. I just don’t believe it. Also, how coincidental Michelle Money called her? And, now she’s cast on Bachelor pad. PLEASE! FAKE FAKE FAKE. The last REAL season was probably Andrew Firestones, I wish they would keep it real vs. all these fake story lines. Just like the guy with the mask was a plant.

14. carlachmie

June 19, 2011 at 9:17 PM

what is the latest with brad and emily? i know people are probably always asking you this, but neither speak to the public about their relationship. so i was wondering if you knew the details? so far we brad/emily fans know that they were off then on. We all saw the pics of em’s visit to dallas and at the airport, saw the pics of emily without her ring, and thats the latest. i was really hoping you could find out what is going on between the two!