1) Who is your favorite and least favorite bachelor/bachelorette ever? Jake has to be the worst right?
2) Do former contestants approach you to give you behind the scenes info or do you approach them? Do you keep in contact with a lot of former contestants?
3) A lot of times they bring back former contestants to talk to the new lead after meeting all their guys or girls. I thought for sure Ashley S. would come back for some girl chat with Ashley H. I’m bummed there won’t be an Ashley reunion, I loved those two together
Comment: 1) Jake was definitely the worst. Worst Bachelorette? Don’t really have one. Don’t really care either. They’re all kinda the same to me. I probably enjoyed Ali’s season the most in terms of entertainment though. But to rank each individual Bachelorette I could never do. They’re all kinda the same to me
2) My relationships with former contestants is just as friends. If they want to offer me stuff about what happened to them, of course I’ll listen. And I’ll even ask them particular things about their season if I feel so inclined, or something I remember peaked my interest. However, I try not to make our friendship all about “Bachelor/ette” stuff. I really don’t care all that much to make it all about that. And if I feel that it’s starting to become that, and the only reason they even talk to me is because they maybe want to hear some inside info, then I start distancing myself. I can say the one thing I appreciate is that none of them really ever ask me where I get my info from. They don’t seem to care, which is a good thing.
3) Yes, I agree. I’m bummed too. Had the lotion ready and everything.
I might be too late for you to answer this question this week,but I have two questions for you mostly based on things I’ve noticed on Twitter, and yes I am embarrassed of the time I spend following these people on Twitter..
– I am wondering about the relationships between the producers and leads/contestants, after the show. Obviously on Twitter it is obvious that they are all pretty chummy. However, based on what you have said and lots of former contestants have said there is lots of editing/masterminding/manipulating/lying going on from the producers, so I wonder why they remain so friendly with each other. I’m assuming some contestants do it to maintain their lifelines with the franchise for future BP/Bachelor/Bachelorette shows. But I can’t imagine Melissa Rycroft or Ashley Hebert wanting to stay close with production based on how I think they were really screwed over by them. Just wondering what your thoughts are.
-Also via Twitter I have noticed Jillian and Ed’s very friendly twitter relationship. They are constantly talking, joking and borderline flirting with each other and she retweets people that say they wish they were still together. I know some people are friendly with exes but for them to have been engaged for so long and the rumored cheating etc. it seems weird that they are sooooo close. What do you think happened between these two, I feel like maybe he ended up being gay and now they are just BFFs!
Comment: Yeah, I’d say most of those relationships stay in tact just because they don’t want to get on anyone’s bad side for fear of possibly losing out on opportunities in the future. Basically, you just don’t want to burn any bridges. Especially with “Bachelor Pad” now a summer show, there’s always the possibility to be cast for that, so you’ll see more and more of them kissing as much ass as possible. Ha ha.
Jillian and Ed’s relationship is like the 9th Wonder of the World to me. I couldn’t explain it on the show, I couldn’t explain it afterwards when all the texts and emails came out about Ed from his ex-girlfriends, and I still can’t explain it to this day. I don’t know either of them so I wouldn’t begin to speculate. I honestly have no idea. It’s never made sense to me.