Bachelor Pad 2

The Bachelorette Recap – 6/13/11 Including Your FULL Cast List for “Bachelor Pad 2”

-Group date with every guy left but Constant Sleep and Ames. Ashley has to give them all a history lesson before it begins by telling them, “Well, in case you don’t remember, back in 2004, there was a huge Tsunami here that left a lot of kids without parents…” Really? Had no idea. Tsunami? Thailand? Must’ve been asleep for that whole month of coverage. But hey, at least they’re doing something positive on this show rather than throwing their lead chick under the bus and continuing to back over her time and time again. I can’t remember which guy said it, but it was the real naïve one when he said, “This says a lot about Ashley that she set up something like this”. You know, cuz Ashley ALWAYS sets up the dates and chooses what to do. Sometimes I really think the producers prey on the stupid. Like, finding guys who have absolutely no idea what this show is about and have never seen it before, so they can’t make them say stupid sh** like that. I mean, really? You think that months before the show started, Ashley is scouring locations of where to have her dates and she chose an orphanage in Phuket? Nah, doesn’t quite work that way pal. Next thing you’ll tell me is that Bentley showed up in Hong Kong all by himself, on his own dime, and no one was begging him to come back on the show for TV purposes.

-The orphanage date was the only good thing about this episode because it actually showed something positive. If you go on the Bachelor.TV website, you can see a really cool video of the orphanage and how you can help. Of course, I’m sure when Ashley was helping Ben F paint a mural, or when she was setting up soccer nets, or hula hooping, she probably had visions of Bentley swirling around her head, but somehow, for 20 seconds, we didn’t have to hear her talk about him. I think that was some sort of record for this episode. That was the other really odd thing about this episode. The whole thing was bi-polar. Like, we’d hear Ashley saying about how great these guys were, and she’s really starting to move on from last week, and she feels so much better, then in the next breath, she’s whining about Bentley not being there. If you’ve moved on from Bentley, then you wouldn’t be talking about him. Obviously she hadn’t but was trying to convince herself she had. So weird. I really hope the paycheck she cashed for this season is worth what they put her through and what she has to force herself to watch week by week. This is depressing.

-At the group date cocktail party with the boys, the claws start coming out and we finally see that most of the guys don’t like Ryan. I think it’s because he smiles. Or he’s happy. Still can’t really pinpoint why he’s so hated by everyone, but they really don’t seem to like him. I guess because they felt he was bossing a couple people around during the orphanage date trying to organize things? Not sure. But he’s on everyones sh** list, that’s for sure. Then again, there’s one person every single season who the other people in the house don’t like because they think they’re fake, or act different around the lead, or whatever. Ryan just happens to be that guy this season and unfortunately will ultimately be his downfall on getting sent home. A lot of people seem to be comparing Ryans demeanor to Jake. I don’t see that at all. Now granted, Jake has given us plenty of more TV time to show us his true colors, but after only 4 episodes, I just can’t see Ryan going that route. Jake was phony. And maybe I’m in the minority here, but Ryan doesn’t come across that way to me. Just seems like a guy that’s super happy all the time and is always positive. The reason he stands out is because, well lets face it, not a lot of people in this world are like that. So I guess that says more about us as a society than it does about Ryan. Hey, I’m certainly not like that, nor would I want to be. But hey, different strokes for different folks. Ryans like a better looking Richard Simmons without the nut hugger shorts.

-Ben F gets some alone time with Ashley and she tells him how excited she was to see a side of him she hadn’t seen yet. You’re telling us, Ashley. The fact that we saw ANY side of him was enough considering for three episodes, this show has basically only shown us Bentley, Tim the Drunk, Jeff the Mask, and William. Ben F is pretty fired up Ashley is actually acknowledging his existence and not under the covers crying about Bentley. “I feel confident. Like she was buzzing around me today.” Yeah, don’t get too confident buddy. From behind, she probably thought you were Bentley. Then when you turned around, she probably thought, “Well, if he wore a flannel shirt that he stole from a lumberjack and mumbled his sentences, yeah, he could pass for Bentley.” And some point before the end of the season, are we gonna hear Ashley completely go all Jan Brady on us and say, “Bentley! Bentley! Bentley!” Oh wait, I think she did do that during her alone time with him in Vegas. You know how baby names seem to get more popular as they become part of the pop culture world? Like more kids start naming their kids weird names because celebrities do? I’d be real curious to know if there’s an increase in the name Bentley being given to children after May 23rd, 2011.

-Ryan’s turn to get some time with Ashley. Immediately he tells her something maybe didn’t sound right. “I get along well with guys.” Well, at least he had his hand on her leg when he was telling her this or else this could’ve become really awkward. She wants guys to show her that “physicalness” and not be emotionally vapid androids. Or, as they’re called on this show, “Ames”. Of course while Ryan is talking to Ashley, they cut to Mickey, JP, and Blake all cutting up on Ryan and how much he apparently annoys them. Yes! Once again, for the 22nd consecutive season we get someone inevitably saying, “Well, if she has a connection with ‘x’, then she’s not for me.” Blake was the one who uttered this brilliance. So let me get this straight, Ashley is only allowed to like one type of guy in her life? Hell, she’s practically on suicide watch over Bentley, but just because she likes Ryan, hell is about to freeze over? Guys can be really stupid sometimes. Or jealous. Look, based on what we’ve seen this season, outside of Ben and Constantine essentially being twin brothers, it seems like every single one of these guys are different. It’s ok to like more than one type of guy last time I checked. What a vagina Blake is being. I wonder which “Bachelor Pad” chick he’s trying to bed down?

-JP takes her outside in the rain under his umbrella (See Constant Sleep? He actually covers her up when it’s raining) and can’t wait to tell her how much he misses her. He even asks, “When’s my next 1-on-1?” Ashley: “I know. I owe you one. I fell asleep on your chest.” Whoa. That’s ok. I’m hoping in retaliation JP just Superman’d you. This little alone time is starting to heat up. The sexual innuendos are flying. JP asks Ashley, “Are you getting wet?” Her response: “About as wet as can be. I’m dripping over here.” Or not. Maybe that’s just what I was imagining she was saying. Whatever the case, Ashley admits that “kissing JP is magical”. So she loved her alone time with Ben and made out with him, really enjoys Ryan being physical with her, says kissing JP is magical, yet, she can’t stop talking about Bentley. Yeah, this episode makes a hell of a lot of sense.

-Ashley sits down and is about to hand out the group date rose when Ryan asks to steal her away for a minute. This seemed much, much too obvious to be spontaneous for me. It’s almost like they knew they had all the footage from this date of the guys saying they weren’t hip to Ryan’s act, then to have him steal her away seconds before she gives out the rose? All too convenient if you ask me. I don’t know what really went down since I obviously wasn’t there, but that seemed way too set up. Once Ryan walks away with Ashley, Lucas (apparently there’s a Lucas on the show this season), yells out “Goober!” Throw JP on the list of people who hate Ryan. I know a lot of you may think that because guys didn’t like Ryan that it may ruin his chances of being the next Bachelor, but hey, just remember one thing: If they cast Jake as the “Bachelor”, then they can certainly cast Ryan. Maybe I’m in the minority, but Jake is 1,000 times more phony than Ryan is. And even after tonight, can you really see Ben F, Ames, or Constant Sleep as the “Bachelor”? Me neither. Ben F got the rose by the way. And if Ryan is at one end of the spectrum for his overall happy disposition, I think we can say Ben F is at the complete other end. The guy is pretty monotonous and unemotional when it comes to being happy. His exact quote after receiving the rose was “It’s awesome. No other words to describe it really” and he said it with the enthusiasm as if he was reading a eulogy.

1. mommyof2

June 14, 2011 at 7:21 AM

After last week’s episode, this was the definitely a boring episode. However, I did enjoy watching the footage of the group “date” (not really a “date” per se) at the orphanage. I have to give the show credit for helping others in need the last few seasons with these charitable dates they do. I hope a lot of people donate to the orphanage after the press it’s getting from the show. It does seem kind of ironic that a show that cares only about ratings (and certainly not their “star”/lead- Ashley, the bachelorette) actually does something good for others w/ their charitable giving.

Anyway, I have to admit, Steve, that I couldn’t read your entire recap b/c it was so long and boring, too. But, I’m going to attribute that to the boring episode rather than to your writing.

2. canada girl

June 14, 2011 at 9:00 AM

Did not watch Bachelor Pad last year and will not watch this year. However I was guessing it would be Jeff, West and Bentley (just to really make viewers angry) I did not expect Ames and William… I guess ABC wont make the official announcement until the end of July as Ames makes it to hometowns.

Here are my thoughts on the episode
    First off, you could have played a drinking game every time Ashley said Bentley and you would have been drunk before the first hour was up. I can not believe she fell so hard for him so fast and they did not have a one on one date. Anyways enough about him.

Her date with Constantine was sweet and fun, yes it was not what she had originally planned but like Constantine said it gave them a change to talk and get to know eachother and it was more of a real date. While they did not kiss you can tell he likes her alot, he told her enough times that he did.

The group date was very neat it was cute seeing all the guys painting etc. I would have to say that was one of the best group dates ever on the show, they ended up doing some good for the kids etc. I like Ben F and you can tell that Ashley really started to fall for him and when they had the 1 on 1 time and kissed over and over that was very steamy. She seemed to like kissing him! I always thought Ben F and Constantine looked alike but them standing side by side at the rose ceremony they could be brothers.

I personally do not think Ames is cute but this is not about me it is about Ashley and they had a really fun time on their date, he made her laugh and you can tell she likes him. She admitted to Chris before the rose ceremony that she was so caught up in Bentley that she was closed off to all the other guys and she almost sent Ames home. Speaking of the rose ceremony, I felt bad for the guys, it is so hot in Thailand you can tell they were all sweating, I do not see why they had to wear suits, couldn’t the producers have allowed the guys to wear whatever they wanted. Yes it is fun to dress up but when it is so hot out that the all look like they will all pass out then that means it is too hot! At least us girls can wear strapless, short dresses in that type of weather……I felt so bad for the guys

I personally like Ryan, I do not think there is anything wrong with him, while he may have rubbed the guys the wrong way at the orphanage he is an organizer and he was just trying to stay on target.

I guess Will did himself in during the roast which once again Ashley took way to hard but we do not have to rehash that, but we did not see Will and Ash interact at all this time and he is sent home next week. I wonder which guy she kept around as she was supposed to send 2 home.

JP has fallen hard for her he is jealous when he hears that the other guys have kissed her…..but she said he is the best kisser.

3. canada girl

June 14, 2011 at 9:11 AM

WEll I still think Mickey is hot…he is the one I would keep around

4. HeidiT

June 14, 2011 at 11:21 AM

I swear if I hear Chris Harrison and Ashley mention the DOT DOT DOT one more time I’m going to PUKE PUKE PUKE.

I’m dumbfounded how a woman, who’s been told this guy isn’t there for her, 1. chooses to keep him on to give him the benefit of the doubt and 2. actually fell hard for him after only being with him a few times and not even on a 1-1 date and now can’t get over him. The dude, all douchness aside, had no personality whatsoever, my dog has more personality than this guy, a napkin has more personality than this guy, still don’t know what she found so “likeable” about Bentley.

I found Ames comment hilarious he said, “I didn’t get a kiss but we did something much more intimate than kiss..we talked”…seriously? If you find talking more intimate than kissing you’re either a eunich or gay, she’s pretty much snogged everyone else so you better move it or you’re going to be in the “friends zone” in fact you’ll be mayor of the zone. She doesn’t see Ames any thing more than a friend to hang out with. If there was any attraction there she’d be kissing him.

5. strike9

June 14, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Wow. I must be the only woman here who thinks that Ames blows all the other guys away. Loved him on the 1 on 1. A little disappointed that he’s going on Bachelor Pad. I haven’t seen the show, but it seems too raunchy for a class act like Ames. Maybe I’ll watch it this season, to see more of Ames, and to see the Vienna/Jake drama. Unbelievable that they both agreed to do the show knowing that the other would be there. Not a chance in hell that I’d do a show like that with my ex-fiance. Even if the parting is amicable, who wants to see someone they deeply loved hooking up with slutty strangers?!?!

6. Small_Peanut

June 14, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Yeah, agree with the rest, last night was a snooze fest, I had to fast forward the DVR through most of her dates. I might be skimming or missed it but you didn’t comment on the guy that DID NOT get a rose i.e. West and his exit interview? I was looking forward to your commentary. He was wrong material for the show in my honest opinion. If I missed it, please point it out. Thanks!

7. kennethellenparcell

June 14, 2011 at 11:31 AM

Mickey is hot but just from the show, seems to have the personality of a button. Who knows, he could very well not be like this in real life. Of course, you can never really believe anything they tell you on the show – but I’m just confused by Ryan. Still trying to figure out if he’s phony or not.

8. Small_Peanut

June 14, 2011 at 11:59 AM

PS I haven’t read all your columns lately and maybe I missed it. But I don’t believe for a minute that the story line between Ashley and Bentley is real. She would have never mentioned him 100 times last night and made a fool out of herself. I believe she was told (and paid) by the producers to act like she’s heartbroken and he was told to be as rude and crude as possible. It’s not real, its fake.

9. jennC

June 14, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Hi Steve, I love your column and I am really glad you are adding more shows to it too. I hope the writers for those columns are just as sarcastic and funny as you are !! Anyway – I just wanted to tell you how hard I laughed when I read what you wrote about Ashley and JP out in the rain. When he asked if she was getting wet, my dirty little mind was thinking the same that yours was. Too funny !! I didn’t know how she could answer him with a straight face but I guess she is a good girl. JP is one of my fav’s. Hes not fancy, he’s a construction worker, and he’s cute. My kind of guy! He’s one of the smaller guys on the show, but probably the most manliest of them all. I kept hearing all of the men describing Ashley as a “strong & independent woman.” They obviously have no idea how weak she really is. I mean, on the Bachelor she was SO insecure with Brad to the point that it was painful to watch. Now on Bachelorette she is such a wreck over Bentley. I agree with you – she talked about him WAY too much last night. Now they are bringing him back on an episode?? Why? So she can keep going on and on again about him? Or maybe they will make it real good and have them sit together and watch all of his IM’s about her. Then she would have something to cry about!!!! Is it me, or does Ashley laugh exactly like Alli (the one who ended up with Roberto)? Everytime she laughed I kept thinking “who does she sound like??” Its Alli!!! Not that it is important at all, just a little thing I picked up while watching last nights boring episode. I also noticed Chris’ hair color. Is it darker? Is it because its been raining since they have arrived in Thai Land so he isn’t keeping up with his California sunwashed highlights or did he darken his hair? Not that it matters, just another thing that sparked my interest in last nights hum drum episode.

I am looking forward to Bachelor Pad. So what’s up with Michelle Money doing the show? Thought she missed her daughter SO much while doing the Bachelor? Guess her acting career isn’t going so well after all? She makes good TV so I’m glad she’s going to be on it. She’s funny and a little wacked out.

Thanks for all of the spoilers !!! I love & look forward to them !!!

10. mommyof2

June 14, 2011 at 12:38 PM

Ames seems like a nice guy, but I don’t think he’s ready to get married. The fact that he’s so spontaneous and does all of these things (seeing 70 countries, etc…) tells me that he has trouble committing to something (i.e.: someone) as he’s always searching for the next best thing or adventure. How does he hold down a job if he’s traveling that much? Something tells me he comes from a wealthy family (Yale is extremely expensive) and therefore hasn’t had to work much in the real world. He’s definitely intelligent, though, and he seems like a really nice guy. But, I just think these people who’ve grown up w/ life handed to them on a silver platter sometimes have a difficult time finding their way in this world b/c all they do is travel, have fun, and do things for themselves. I’m all about these things at times, but seriously, you have to have responsibilities and put others ahead of yourself at times, too. If he has kids one day, it’s very difficult to be spontaneous. You have to plan almost everything around their schedules (napping, mealtimes, sports, activities, school, etc…). If you do things without them, then you have to plan a babysitter in advance, etc… Spontaneity is for single people without a job (but with money) and/or retirees who’s families are grown and they have earned that time. Ames seems nice, though, and there’s always hope he’ll settle down one day.

11. carinacarina

June 14, 2011 at 12:50 PM

I too believe the storyline of Bently is scripted by producers for ratings. Think about it, Ashley doesn’t know Bentley is a a**hole but, the producers do.To bring him back not knowing the outcome could ruin the whole season. Alas, the storyline Ashley figures it out for herself and moves on. I hope she got a good chunk of change for this humility. Maybe they have a twisted never before ending for a cliffhanger, who knows. Sure most women love bad boys, however all women love good looking, sucsessful men so Ryan is a no brainer as the next bachelor.To believe he is that happy 24/7 is naive , most people do not know how to act in the spotlight so his strongest suit is his positive attitude. Perfect as the new knight in shining armour, yes! I also think Ashley is going on and on about Bentley to hide the fact that she was #1 humiliated by Brad and #2 humiliated by all the comments at the roast. She acts like it’s all about Bentley but in reality it’s candy coating the fact that nobody really wanted her as the bachelorette at all. When you have the biggest geek like William dogging you on stage, it’s not hard to come to the conclusion your like a consolation prize. Especially since William is more like the booby prize, if your not counting Bentley. That’s not to say she isn’t a great girl, it’s just not realistic to believe 25 guys would trip over the other to win her heart. Men that age go for looks first. Knowing this is pretty scripted and nudged in the direction the producers want, Ames and Ryan come off as the most sincere. Knowing the outcome thanks to Steve, all in all, JP is not a bad choice, just not the one I would have made. K sera sera

12. Chi-town Gurl

June 14, 2011 at 12:53 PM

Strike9, I generally agree that Ames does blow all the other guys away, except maybe Ryan (I appreciate his positive personality, though it is not for me) who is successful as well.

Mommyof2, I have to disagree with you a bit about Ames. Being a Portfolio Manager is no walk in the park and neither was getting those impressive academic credentials. I think Ames is the sort of guy with a plan and his plan has been to do as much as possible before he settles down with family responsibilities.

Steve, when writing about Ames, I think you sound a tad jealous. Otherwise, love most of your columns!

I was surprised to see Ames on Bachelor Pad which maybe he signed up for as a lark. I do think he will regret it.

13. lajohns

June 14, 2011 at 2:21 PM

There’ a lot of dogs named Bentley here in my neighborhood… Just sayin’

14. photokissa

June 14, 2011 at 2:34 PM

I loved Ames as well, strike9. I actually think he’s way too cultured/experienced in life/poised/intelligent for Ashley. I’m really disappointed he’s doing Bachelor Pad….really wouldn’t have expected him to.

15. RTV

June 14, 2011 at 2:54 PM

One of your best ever blogs. I couldn’t stop laughing. You nailed it perfectly. I love Ryan and think he’d be a great bachelor. He has it all. good looks, charm, upbeat and successful. NO wonder some of those tools are jealous of him and all dates roses and the FIR rose he received. Blake is a whiney p*ssy. I bet Blake won’t pee in the ocean either. So girly. JP is one hot stud muffin. Ben F. is one fugly dude with -0- personality and enthusiam. Constantine is hilarious. He couldn’t give a sh*t less about Ashley or this show, and is just glad to get away from baking Pizza and working his fingers to the bone for his family’s restaurant. Ashley is a pathetic, homely girl with no self confidence. All these guys should run awat fast from her. I feel sorry for whoever she picked as F1 – no way it will last after he sees her love and constant obsession and talking about douchebag Bentley. Ames..oh, where to begin…stuck in the 80’s somewhere out there? His farhead is big to accommodate the huge NERD stamp he usually wears on it. These guys are all too good for “woe is me – I fell in love with a douchebag/playa ” Ashley.

16. penguinfan01

June 14, 2011 at 3:13 PM

Snoozefest is right, I actually did fall asleep before the show ended. Thank goodness for RS blog so I knew what was going to happen. If she said Bentley one more time, I was really going to puke my dinner. Get real Ashley, you knew the guy for two weeks, didn’t have a 1 on 1 with him, and I don’t think she slept with him. What gives? I think there is more to this situation than we can imagine. Probably something from her past where a guy that Bentley reminds her of dumped her or treated her like shit. Her reaction is way out of reality for what is going on. I wonder what her guy is thinking while they watch the show seeing her make an ass out of herself. The network sucks big time for letting her go one like this. I hope she remembers this when they want her soul in the future. Good luck Ashley.

17. Chatstasy

June 14, 2011 at 3:34 PM

I am so sick and tired of hearing about Bently and am seriously considering not watching the rest of the season because of it. I wonder how Ashley feels now that she is watching the shows and sees his private comments. Foolish? I haven’t decided if I believe it or not. If this is not a payoff to prolong the inevitable this is a low point. Desperation. Both my sister and I think that Ames is gay. So when you say he blows the other guys away, I agree if you remove the word….. “away”. This season sucks. If JP really wins, I feel sorry for him. Ashley has issues.

18. morrigan0

June 14, 2011 at 4:40 PM

I noticed more guys at the rose ceremony without socks. I disagree w/ RS about the stuff Ames said about not kissing. He may very well be in friendship territory but there’s more to life than physicality and if you’re not able to discuss important things there’s no future past the physical. Sure it would have been ideal to have both but who knows.

I loved the group date and it was nice to see the guys get to work instead of the “acting” thing last season or the photo shoots in the past but it seemed like they had very little time with ashley excluding ben f. That mural was the key to getting time w/her. Who shows up to a date without shoes? And since when does everyone go on a date during the week? I guess it’s so scripted we shouldn’t worry about silly things like that.

19. RavenFischer

June 14, 2011 at 5:17 PM

As West leaves the final rose ceremony, he’s in a black SUV driving away from the hotel. A few things…

1. There’s rain on the back windshield, but not on the streets.
    2. The SUV is driving on the WRONG SIDE OF THE STREET. (in Thailand, like the UK, they drive on the opposite side of the street.)
    3. There are American road signs. (More likely, road signs from the Malibu hills…?)

Not a big deal. But nothing on this show is a big deal…

20. lulucaligirl

June 14, 2011 at 11:22 PM

Steve…love your blog! I concur, last night’s epi was a snoozer. Thinking that Ames might have gay tendencies? (Not that there’s anything wrong with that!).Just didn’t get a ‘straight’ vibe. Thoughts, anyone?

21. Reason

June 15, 2011 at 12:03 AM

Do you think that the guys can’t stand Ryan, and Ashley ultimately doesn’t choose Mr. Gay… oops I mean Mr. Happy Pants, because he’s in the closet? “I get along well with guys.” Well, seems like the editors saw it too. This might be a reason why they would not cast him as the next bachelor – because ABC would never do a GLBT bachelor show. Re-read the entire post and watch tonight’s episode again (if you can) and every time you hear the word “happy” replace it with “gay”. Makes a lot more sense. Mr. Gay Pants hahaha

Aimes is cool, he would make for a fun friend, for a guy or girl. I didn’t catch the gay vibe at all as mentioned in another comment, unlike Ryan. Unfortunately for Aimes, he will have a difficult time finding someone who finds him physically attractive because his eyes are too far apart and that makes him look like a fish. Much sadness because he’s the most awesome guy on paper, as you noted. Personally, I think he’s probably high functioning autistic, not that that’s a bad thing at all. Shocked he is going on bachelor pad, he seemed so above that. But when you got fish eyes and zero game, gotta do something.

Ashley portrays such low self esteem it’s hard to watch. When the guys aren’t paying attention to her at the orphanage she starts to get “concerned.” I hope JP realizes what he’s getting into before he gets sucked into Ashley’s clingy obsession and unrealistic relationship expectations. Her pull to Bentley screams so loud of previous emotional abuse, this season should be called, “Ashley has issues.”

22. mommyof2

June 15, 2011 at 6:45 AM

Ryan does seem like a nice guy, but I can see how his constant energy can get annoying at times. Ames is probably the most intelligent contestant this show has ever had, but I don’t think he’s ready to settle down (see my previous comment), and I definitely wouldn’t have expected him to do Bachelor Pad. I like both Bens, too. To be honest, I really don’t see any of these guys as the next bachelor. Out of all of them, JP would be the one I’d want to watch most as the next bachelor, but if he’s the one chosen, then obviously that’s not going to happen. I feel really sorry for Ashley having to watch these episodes and see her pining away over and over again for bad boy Bentley. She must be so humiliated and feel so betrayed by the production team (more so than by Bentley). I also feel sorry for the guy she picked (JP) to watch this. He’s got to feel embarrassed for her, too. But, she did at least make several comments that JP was by far the best kisser, so that’s good.

23. Dianne

June 15, 2011 at 7:11 AM

Well, it looks like Ashley will be on the upcoming season of Dancing With The Stars. If it’s true, I won’t watch..I cannot STAND this girl!!

24. 3bird

June 15, 2011 at 7:15 AM

“…Ames has a great giant forehead to hold that great brain of his.” Now THAT’S a perfectly acceptable roast. Great one, Steve.

This entire season so far has been even more insipid than usual. Without your running commentary, it’d be a complete and utter bust. Thank you!

25. finerthings

June 15, 2011 at 8:23 AM

I, for one, would welcome Ryan as the Bachelor because he reminds me of Rob Lowe’s character on Parks and Rec. If he called each girl by their first and last name throughout filming, it would just be the icing on the cupcake! “Ann Perkins!”.

Them inserting Bentleys name into every scene was beyond ridiculous. I felt that it was really clear that Ashley was just responding to Bentley questions versus bringing him up on her own. Ugh, the whole thing is a scam and an annoying one at that.

JP could be on-screen in every scene and it still wouldn’t be enough airtime for him. He is so sexy, oh my. *fans self

Ames was a pleasant surprise last night. At first, I thought he was that sort of super-dork that has too much confidence, you know? He may still have hints of that, but he’s very cultured and sweet. I was thinking he’d be an interesting Bachelor, as he might treat the girls with actual respect. Maybe RS is wrong about him being on BP? I wish?

26. Sunnyside422

June 15, 2011 at 1:12 PM

Definitely JP is the sexiest of all the men. He just has something going for him every time he moves, speaks, smiles, etc. And maybe he really is as nice a guy as he is portrayed. She picked the best one with him. I hope he can help her overcome her insecurities…perhaps with a lot of “physical” times! Whoo hooo.

Ames seems like a very intelligent and decent guy. I bet his future wife will be one lucky lady who will be adored and treated well. He might be a bit tame but could be a tiger in bed. One can only hope!

Okay…Ryan. I like him. Plain and simple…like him. What’s wrong with being upbeat and positive in this world of negative beings.? I think he is a bright guy, has a good job owning his company. He’d be a good bachelor. Not super hot, but not sluggish and talking stupid like mumble pants (Bentley). Oh and may I add that I know people who had a dog named Bentley. He bit their child and went bye bye pretty fast!

Poor Ashley needs to “wash that man right outa her hair”! So obvious that the show was prepping for a Bentley return. That will be snooze worthy for sure. He is so not appealing! I feel for his X wife who can comfortably say “now can you see why he is my X”! And he dresses for shit!

27. yourmarie83

June 15, 2011 at 1:41 PM

Am I the only one thinking that this recap read like it was written by someone else? Maybe it’s because this episode was terrible…

28. fluorophore

June 15, 2011 at 4:26 PM

This season is on life support, and ABC/Next Entertainment should bear the ire of every viewer out there. Ashley was a terrible choice, and this is what happens when the principal isn’t equipped to shoulder the burden of this show. She’s not an elite beauty, nor is she terribly interesting.

Madison was the correct choice, folks. You blew it.

29. hordac

June 15, 2011 at 4:43 PM

I watch the show with my 15 year old son, who I think enjoys it because it gives him dating tips though he won’t admit it! (Oh vey, what an education, talk about being so far away from real dating its not even funny. I have to interject commentary to advise him what people do in real life, ie do not EVER speak about a girl like Bentley does). He said he thought that Ames seemed gay, and I agreed with him. Glad other people noticed. Just something a bit swishy. NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT. I wonder if his eye colour is real? They are incredibly blue. Agree JP is SEXY. He’s not my type physically but MAN, he oozes confidence and not the braggy kind, but the SEXY kind. Oooh yeah, Ashley methinks you’ve done well.

30. Harisa

June 15, 2011 at 5:33 PM

Dear Steve,
    Ames is amazing despite his corny lines. And i disagree with the “friend zone” thing. He does make it pretty far! I admire him for not kissing on the first date and actually getting to know her.

31. MindyLouWho

June 15, 2011 at 8:29 PM

Just have to say after reading Ashley’s blog of the show, if anyone was doubting that this whole Bently BS was not an act by both parties, then this should clear your mind:

“I thought I would finally be able to watch an episode without hearing the name Bentley, but was I wrong. I caught myself cringing each time his name was mentioned.”

Really??? She spends the entire 2 hour episode going bi-polar on us, saying she can’t stop thinking about Bently, but she wants to give the guys a chance, and then she says that in her blog, about not being able to watch because his name is brought up. Seriously, this show is so F-ing scripted, it should be a cheesy reality show like The Kardashians or another inane reality scripted show.

And, I read some of the comments that people think Ames is gay, I totally agree.

Anyway, that’s my peace.

32. mmayse

June 15, 2011 at 10:15 PM

I totally agree with JennC. Ashley does have the fake Alli laugh to a tee, and have you noticed EVERY city/country is the perfect place to fall in love? It’s like a madlib. ” ___________ is the perfect place to fall in love!” (enter current city) Sooo predictable.

33. Dianne

June 16, 2011 at 9:34 AM

Oh no!! Not Erica from Lorezo’s season..she’s a TOTAL whack job!

34. citygirl29

June 16, 2011 at 11:17 AM

I actually am looking forward to Bachelor Pad 2…for pure entertainment value. However, I am so disappointed to see Michelle Money and Ames on the cast list. After last seasons ‘The Girls tell All’, I thought Michelle actually came across as very believable. The last thing I expected was to see her on Bachelor Pad. And, as far as Ames goes, I think he seems like an intelligent cultered guy – possibly way out of Ashley’s league. Maybe that’s why she cans him. He’s definitely one of the most interesting and decent guys that’s on this season and funny too. Not exactly what I would picture as Bachelor Pad material.
    On to Ashley…I honestly cannot believe how insecure she is! She has to be the most insecure bachelorette in the history of The Bachelorette! She seems very young for her age, and it seems she has a lot of growing up to do. She seems to be all over the place with her emotions. Although, ITA that Bentley was/is a complete douchbag! And ABC certainly didn’t help things out by keeping Bentley’s real feelings a secret for her. I guess that’s show biz for you…I sure agree and hope that her paycheck helped some with the damages that were done to her by Bentley and ABC. I still think she needs to learn to grow up and stop questioning herself so much…ie: Enough About Bentley! Let the man go! I wouldn’t blame any of the guys for running to the hills after so much talk about the Bentley dude. He’s messed up…as I said earlier, Ashley, let it go. Just be happy.
    Also have to say, I just love JP! I hope she really does end up with him…he seems so down to earth, smart, sensitive, caring and very into her. And he is definitely easy on the eyes…Hell, he’s HOT! I just hope she can appreciate him, and doesn’t scare him off. And I see nothing wrong with Ryan (so far). He’s just a happy guy, and that’s so rare these days! He would make a great Bachelor in my opinion.
    Just my two cents.

35. PantherJay

June 17, 2011 at 7:41 AM

Maybe Bachelor Pad 2 is being used as the final audition for the role of The Bachelor for William, Ames, and Blake?

36. julieann123

June 17, 2011 at 12:21 PM

Midget facial features.

37. jpray

June 18, 2011 at 4:28 PM

I say she picks J P. They just seem like a fit….

38. frustrated68

June 23, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Ok come on people this show is so beyond staged it is funny. Do you really believe all these good looking guys and girls can’t get a date??? If they want to keep this show on the air quit bringing back the 3rd runner up. Ashley is the worst by far very insecure there is no spark there nothing!! The year they did the Bachelor with Jake…the whole winery scene in NAPA was a total scam…Was on a tour in the winery and the people there said they came in and cleared out a gift shop and staged the whole thing..she wasn’t running through hallways everyhere she was running up and down the same short one!! Those people are told what to say and do..the whole Bentley thing they have staging next week they do it every single season…I can’t stand the show anymore. Let’s get back to some real TV. The Bachelor pad is just as bad it is so stupid why do we pay these people the money they get paid to do absolutely nothing with there life??? Why do you think we have problems in the world…and these people are really going to grow up and be responsible adults?? Enough enjoy the show…we all know how it ends and in the end they rarely ever stay together