For all your episode-by-episode spoilers of Ashleys season, either click on the “Bachelorette Ashley Spoilers” link at the top of the page, or click here. Also, your episode-by-episode spoilers for “Bachelor Pad 2” are now also in a link at the top of the page, or or click here. You’ve been warned.
Lets begin immediately with the most pressing matter at hand, and that’s the ridiculous report from US Weekly on Wednesday that Emily is in talks and it’s basically a “done deal” that she’s going to be the next “Bachelorette”. Sorry, not gonna happen. Once again, US Weekly uses quotes from “insiders” or “sources” to report a story. Let me tell you what that means, and trust me, I know how these tabloids work. All it takes is for an US Weekly reporter to talk to ONE person off record and have that person say, “Yeah, I heard Emily’s in talks to be the next ‘Bachelorette’,” and basically they now have a story in their minds. This person could be anyone from Joe Blow down the street to an ABC executive. As long as that person says something to that effect, they can write the story. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m sure ABC would love to have Emily as the “Bachelorette”, there’s no denying that, but to say it’s pretty much a done deal and is happening is completely false. The show is nine months away from beginning filming. Since when do they nail down their lead for this show 9 months in advance? Never. The whole story is just stupid and being written to get people to talk. No “Bachelorette” has been decided yet and won’t be til around the end of February or beginning of March just like it is every season.
Look at it just from an outsiders perspective. The “Bachelorette” doesn’t begin filming til March. Emily is going to be shown in a sit down interview with Chris on Monday where she is basically sobbing the whole time over her broken relationship with Brad, to where she makes it a point to say how far over the line the paparazzi has gotten with her and her daughter, and how she can’t even live a normal life. Now do you honestly think 9 months from now, when that media attention dies down somewhat (since they’ll have a whole new bunch of people to harass once the “Bachelor” starts airing), that she wants to jump right back into the media frenzy with paparazzi following her daughter to school and tabloids calling her babysitters for info? I’m sure Emily haters out there believe she will, but it’s not gonna happen. If by some miracle of God, Emily changes her mind and becomes the next “Bachelorette”, I will rip her mercilessly for the hypocritical stance. Get it out of your heads. It’s not going to happen. US Weekly is just printing stuff to get you to react. And judging by how many people sent me, “Hey, did you see Emily is going to be the Bachelorette” emails over the last two days, it worked. Kinda like how they said Ashley made 30k for the “Bachelorette” this season, because it came from an “insider”. Really? Who was it? How do they know? Where’s the proof? Basically, anything an “insider” or “sources” say is usually not true. There’s a reason these people aren’t speaking on record, and it’s because they know what they’re saying is BS and don’t want it attributed to them. So here’s what you need to commit to memory from the last week of tabloid news:
-Ashley did NOT make 30k to be the “Bachelorette”, it was substantially more
-Emily is NOT going to be the next “Bachelorette”. Just like my finale spoilers, I guess only time will prove it to be right, but Emily as the “Bachelorette” is just not happening
Wanted to introduce everyone today to yet another new writer for the site, Scott Ottersen, who will be covering “Big Brother” this season. Since “Big Brother” airs three days a week, Scott is going to write two columns. His Friday column will recap Wednesday and Thursdays show, and his Monday column will recap Sundays show. His column will be updated every Friday and Monday in the “Big Brother” link at the top of the page. Now, I know what you’re already thinking, “Gee Steve, you have three new writers for the site and all of them are men. You sexist pig.” Yeah, I can be at times. Just not when it came to hiring writers. I brought nine new writers aboard to cover ten different shows, four are men, and five are women. The five women are covering the four “Real Housewives” shows I decided to go with – Beverly Hills, OC, New York, and New Jersey – and “Amazing Race”. You will see those columns once those seasons begin new again. I have no idea since I’ve never watched any of them. I believe one is in season right now, but I’d rather wait until a new one begins. The other three shows that men will be writing about are “Real World”, “Khloe and Lamar”, and “Jersey Shore” (one of the guys is doubling up on shows).
As of right now, the plan is for me to start back up with the “Reality Roundup” in September when “Survivor”, “Idol”, “X Factor”, and “Dancing with the Stars” premiere again. However, with things on the horizon work-wise, there is a chance that in addition to the “Reality Roundup”, I might add separate columns for each of those shows to be covered by writers as well. Haven’t decided yet. As you can see right now, the only way to access these other shows is by clicking the links at the top of the page. That will change once the site re-design is finished. I think you’ll like what we’re doing. Basically you’ll be looking at a drop down list for all the shows that will be much easier to navigate. But for the time being, enjoy Scott’s “Big Brother” recaps, along with the “Keeping up with the Kardashians” and “RW/RR Challenge: Rivals” ones as well.
Because of the repeat episode on Monday and the holiday weekend, not as many emails that came in since last Friday. Of course, that’s because I didn’t print the “Is Emily going to be the next ‘Bachelorette'” emails. We would’ve had about 1 billion to go through if I threw those in there, which is why I decided to address it at the beginning of the column to get it out of the way. However, just because it wasn’t as big of an email box doesn’t mean the stupidity wasn’t running rampant. I can always count on a few of those. Enjoy…
1. Is their any way you could trust anyone enough to reveal your sources to them?
2. If you were in a serious relationship or got married would you still continue with your spoilers?
3. Ok so I am seeing a few of these post from this week’s column and they are talking about how you are berating these people and how you are pretty much a “horrible person.” Well what the hell do they think they are doing when they email you and tell you how horrible of a person you are. Gosh some people AMAZE me! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and you are simply stating your opinion!!!
4. Also wanted to let you know that finding stuff on your website is not difficult at all. People are just too lazy to look for anything and want everything handed to them on a silver platter!!!!
Comment: 1) There are a few people in this world who know who has told me a few things in the past, but it’s a very selected few. And I don’t see it ever expanding much past that.
2) No idea if this show will still be on the air when/if that ever happens. However, as long as this show keeps pumping out new seasons, I’ll continue to spoil it. It’s fun. I thoroughly enjoy spoiling the show. Everything else that comes along with it? Ehh, whatever. I understand it comes with the territory now, but I definitely enjoy spoiling and writing the column more than anything.
3) Yes, that’s what I say in this “Reader Emails” column essentially every single week, but people either don’t care, don’t read, or are ignorant. The more ignorant and naïve people are the more fun I have. I’ve always enjoyed ripping on the ignorant. Been doing it for years now.
4) Tell that to dozens upon dozens of emails I receive on a weekly basis asking repetitive questions. Although, for those of you who STILL have a hard time navigating this site, there might be some good news for you very shortly. We are working on a complete site re-design that should be up in the next month or so. If you can’t figure that out, then I suggest you re-enroll back in middle school.
Happy 4th Steve!
Hope you have a great weekend and holiday!
I have some non-Ashley bach/ette questions. I never saw Matt Grant’s
or Jen’s seasons and only found your site during Jason’s season (and
no, I never went back and read old columns).
1. Why was Matt’s season consider bad? Did the woman not like him or
were the rating bad, both, something else?
2. Every once in a while, there is a comment about how Jen’s season
was a disaster or one time you said something along the lines of Jen
would probably be the only bach/ette lead that would go back and NOT
do the show. What happened w/ her season (ie: was she not into any of
the guys, they didn’t like her, it was just boring, etc…)? I think I
remember reading during one of the columns that she was the only one
that helped pick her contestants. Could you elaborate on what happened
with her season?
Comment: 1) Well, Matt’s season sucked because he was the first foreign “Bachelor” they had and it just didn’t work here in the states. Not to mention he picked Shayne and they weren’t even together by the time the finale aired. Oh sure, they taped an ATFR pretending like they were still together, but everyone knew they weren’t. I believe Matt even admitted in the “Bachelor: Where Are They Now?” special that I was dumped from last summer on the E! channel that he made a horrible decision.
2) Basically about half way through filming, Jen didn’t want any of the guys and wasn’t interested in doing the show anymore. But she was under contract, so she had to play it out. She chose Jerry over JP in the finale, but didn’t give him an answer on his proposal until the “live” finale. Well, never during the time when the show was on the air did those two ever date or even talk. Yet on the live finale, she tells him she doesn’t want to be with him. The show made it seem like it was surprise to Jerry, but he knew, she knew, and those closely involved knew Jen had checked out of that show long before that. She was just going through the motions on the ATFR show.
A friend of mine told me to check out your webpage for write-ups on various reality shows. After spending about 10 minutes on your site, I have determined that it is the worst entertainment website I have ever visited. The content is completely unorganized, unoriginal, and all around awful. I’m sure you have a ton of readers who dedicate hours of their day reading your content. That’s fine. However, I feel that you could put a little more effort to attract an audience who, like myself, doesn’t settle for reading garbage that was probably written by a high school freshman. Good luck with your little project. I hope it works out for you some day.
PS You might want to invest in a good proofreader for your site. The two blogs I read had numerous syntax flaws that are typically not made by writers with a simple middle school education.
Comment: “Unorganized and unoriginal…” Looks pretty organized to me. I post a column, and it’s the first thing you read on the page. When I post another one, the one that was on top moves down a spot and the new one is front and center. As for unoriginal, considering I’ve been doing this 8 years, and in that time there have probably been hundreds if not thousands of blogs started up by other people basically doing the same thing in regards to this show, I’d actually say it’s pretty original. Just look at how many former cast members now write a blog. Think any of them were doing that before my site started receiving attention? No, they weren’t. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and it’s happening quite a bit in regards to this show and blogging. My site has been around since 2005 (and was in email form for two years before that). Go back into archives and I can almost guarantee you there might not be a single person on the internet that’s done an episode recap of this show for eight consecutive years covering 20 of the 22 seasons.
I appreciate the email though. You read two blogs on ALL of the internet and one just happens to be mine? I’m flattered. Your opinion means so much to me. Especially coming from someone who contacted me under a bogus email address and didn’t attach their name to it. Thanks for sharing.
And by the way, I’m Stephen with a “ph” not a “v”. Good guess though.