Reader Emails

Emily is NOT the Next “Bachelorette”, Newest Writer to the Site, and “Reader Emails” – 7/8/11

Stevo—

Hey!!! I just found your website!! My dad’s name is Steve and I was searching him and I found you! I see you do blogs about the Bachelor/Bachelorette. Some of my friends say they read this spoiler site and it tells them EVERYTHING about the show!!! Like down to the winner and everything! I’ve been trying to find the site they’re talking about but I can’t find it. From reading a few of your blogs, it seems like you might read the site they’re referring to as well! Can you give me the link to the site they get all their info from?

Thanks!
Mindy

Comment: Ha ha…no one has called me “Stevo” since senior year of high school. And that was one of my teammates when we were in Hawaii playing in a basketball tournament. For whatever reason, the night he busted out that name for me turned into one of the all-time biggest laughing fits I ever shared with anyone, and to this day, I couldn’t for the life of me tell you why. Colin, if you’re out there, I hope you remember how ridiculous that night was. “What’s wrong Stevo?” Kills me to this day that I don’t know why we had such a laugh attack over that.

As for the rest of your email…shoot me now.
______________________________________________________________

Hi Steve:

Love your dog, Maddie. Miss seeing her in your videos.

My question is this: Is there any kind of curfew on the one-on-one dates? If the bachelor/ette is having a really good date, can he/she hang out all night, or do they have a timetable they have to stick to? I’m not referring to the overnight dates, just the regular one-on-ones.

Thanks!

Peggy

Comment: Maddie will be re-appearing in a video soon. I promise.

All the dates are pre-planned by producers. If it’s supposed to be a 1-on-1 date that doesn’t turn into an overnight, it doesn’t. If it’s supposed to, then it will. It’s not like the contestants dictate how long they get to spend with each other. Pretty much all 1-on-1 dates before the overnights end late at night and they go home. Of course, there’s been the exception here and there in the past (Molly w Jason, Chantal w Brad, Ben w Ashley this upcoming Mon night), but those aren’t normal.
______________________________________________________________

Hey Steve,

Just wanted to say your column is AMAZING…What makes you so appealing is your sarcastic comments and your ability to be completley honest about every situation. Thats definitely an attractive quality in a man plus you’re also pretty funny.

Anyways onto my question I have for you. I know a lot of celebrities date other celebrities for publicity ie: when their album is soon to come out or a movie is about to premier. Do you believe Vienna and Kasey are in a real relationship or could they just be dating to promote Bachelor Pad 2. I know they’ve been together for 6 months now but could it be possible they built the foundation of their relationship for Bachelor Pad 2? Personally I hope not because I think they look really good together and its kind of ironic that Ali and Vienna faught for Jake and Vienna won and than Kasey fought for Ali and lost and than hooked up with Vienna.

Thanks and I think you’re AMAZING so keep up the good work

Comment: Good question. I’d say when I first heard about these two I, like probably most people, was skeptical it was a publicity stunt. However, I briefly got to meet both of them at the Reality Rocks Expo in April out in LA, and even though I don’t really know either of them, they came across as very genuine to me. I think they’re really into each other and this thing has some serious potential. And hearing that Kasey gave her some sort of ring during “Bachelor Pad 2” I think speaks to how serious it could become. There wasn’t anyone more critical of Vienna during her season than me, but since her season, I think it’s possible she’s a changed woman. Sure, some people still find her loud and annoying, but I’m just talking about her life. Who knows? I don’t know her well enough to say one way or another. Will she ever be a saint? No. But I think her image is light years better than it was at this time a year ago.
______________________________________________________________

1. ScottOttersen

July 8, 2011 at 9:51 AM

Thanks Steve, again, for this opportunity! I’m going to have fun with it and hopefully keep the readers coming back for more! I may be a bit of an a-hole at times, but hey, isn’t that the fun part of it all?!?

2. jenniferboston1

July 8, 2011 at 9:55 AM

JMHO, but I think Emily had her on on being the Bachelorette the whole time1 i wouldn’t be surprised if next year, she was announced as!

BTW, Canadians, don’t hate all of us! I love Canada! <3

3. jenniferboston1

July 8, 2011 at 9:56 AM

oops! meant to say
    “eye on’ being the Bachlorette!

4. Angela

July 8, 2011 at 10:58 AM

Once again…loved your post. I don’t think Emily would make a good Bachelorette. She seemed kind of boring on Brad’s season. I always find myself laughing when I read your site. The best parts are the ones where you give your opinion.

Thanks for taking the time to write this blog.

5. Sunnyside422

July 8, 2011 at 12:07 PM

Never found Emily of interest. Too plastic and boring. Definitely a Barbie Doll in every way. What a waste of air time Monday hearing her try to explain why she never ever had any interests in Brad. Much rather see JP interact with Ashley. He is mighty fine.

No way will Em give up the lifestyle the Hendricks family has afforded her. She’ll probably never marry as she’d be afraid the gravy train would come to a screeching halt! Playing the long suffering “my boyfriend died and I was pregnant” routine is getting old.

6. finerthings

July 8, 2011 at 1:20 PM

I don’t think that’s a very good schedule for BB recaps. Most of what goes on happens on the Wed/Thurs shows, so that will have to be shortened, and then an entire recap will be devoted to the nothing-Sunday shows. O_o Makes no sense.

Also, “I’m not sexist! I assigned all the women to Real Housewives!” Just joshin’ ya, Steve, but that was humorous.

I agree with you about Emily. If she DOES end up as the Bachelorette, she’s a hypocrite and a liar.

7. morrigan0

July 8, 2011 at 5:07 PM

I liked Emily on the show but ever since then she’s come across as plastic and fake. Not sure/don’t care why. WTF was said about Canadians…or Jews for that matter? Looked quickly over last post and Canada was only mentioned w/reference to NYC story with nothing remotely negative written. LOL…these are the psychopaths that go out and kill people cause they THINK they heard something.

8. VibeCat

July 8, 2011 at 6:55 PM

All I can say after reading all the reader e-mails is “Mindy” who just found your website and wants to know where the one with all the spoilers is… must be a blonde.

Before everyone piles on – I am blonde (with brunette roots!) and I am just kidding! :o)

9. anon1983

July 8, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Um what if they do a back to back bachelorette this time? Meaning, they would air bachelorette again in the fall with Emily and then the bachelor in the spring? Seems like no one stands out from this season enough to be the bachelor in the fall so they might as well go with Emily who already is a fan favorite. Seems like the smart move for the show.

10. Susan

July 9, 2011 at 10:36 AM

Anon, I think you’re on to something. There is absolutely nobody that anybody wants to see as the Bachelor out of this group. It’s weird they brought Emily back and she’s tired of being alone and saying all the I want to be the Bachelorette things. Especially since they played up all season how several of the guys wished it had been Emily.

11. mja

July 9, 2011 at 10:40 AM

I could see why they might do another Bachelorette show right away, given the reasons anon1983 has mentioned. But I’m not interested in seeing Emily as the Bachelorette. As morrigan0 says, during Brad’s season she seemed interesting… but even on the wrap-up show to the season I already thought she was showing another side that was not so likeable.

None of the guys on Ashley’s season seem like a good candidate for next Bachelor (except JP, but he is apparently not available). I think I agree with Steve that Ryan would be most likely to be asked, even though he’ll be eliminated soon. Since he does come back to try to win her back, he will be on every show until the last 2, I think. And that might be late enough in the series to stay in people’s memories. I really hope it wouldn’t be Constantine — dull and boring so far on this season. I do like Ben, but his character on screen just doesn’t seem interesting enough to sustain an entire season.

12. mja

July 9, 2011 at 10:41 AM

Susan wrote: “I heard Jake was on Zap2It trying to insinuate he would be the Bachelor again. OMG, how horrific would that be?? I wish he would just go away, far far away.”

Oh, no! I would skip that season… as I skipped his other season as Bachelor (except for the finale, which was bad enough).

13. Sunnyside422

July 9, 2011 at 1:51 PM

In the looks department for next Bachelor, I’d choose Blake…but if he is still with skanky Holly, he might choose not to commit to the show. Recall how he comforted Ashley when she began to sob (even tho he was frank with her and she couldn’t take that). Compared that to Bentley who ranted about how awful women were when they cried. Lots of support and caring from that one! Opps sorry I mention the B name. I swore I’d never say it or think it.

I hope Ryan is not Bachelor. He is so cloying and smarmy. Too girley for me to stomach a whole season! His true personality began to emerge as the show progressed and it was not a great one.

14. mommyof2

July 10, 2011 at 12:05 PM

I like the idea of flip-flopping the Bachelorette and Bachelor seasons, having the Bachelorette air this fall and waiting for the Bachelor to air next spring instead. I’m not interested in any of the guys from Ashley’s season being the next bachelor, except for JP, but since Ashley chooses him, he’s out. I do like the idea of having Emily as the bachelorette. I know some people think she’s fake, etc., but I always liked her. She could bring her daughter along for the season like Jason brought his son during his season. Then, maybe the pool of guys from her season would be good for the next bachelor in the spring. I think that’s a great idea!!

15. buffynut

July 11, 2011 at 6:52 AM

Just an FYI, Steve. Idol doesn’t come back in Septemember. It’s akays a January to May show except for Season 1. You’ll have X-Factor though!

16. morrigan0

July 11, 2011 at 1:14 PM

I think it’ll be interesting to see who gets picked for bachelor, I don’t think they’ll do another bachelorette. My bet is that they’ll recycle someone from a previous season. I can’t recall people per se but remember thinking Deanna had a great bunch of guys, so maybe one of those guys.

17. HeidiT

July 11, 2011 at 6:47 PM

Syntax flaws are written in programming code, cudos to any middle schooled child that can write syntax. Don’t you just hate those who try to put others down by trying to appear smart and failing miserably? Your readers never cease to amaze me. Morons.

18. fluorophore

July 12, 2011 at 6:35 AM

Emily did not look good at all. Yikes. I hope she’s taking her vitamins and avoiding “poking the bear.”

19. K-Flash

July 12, 2011 at 8:36 AM

I feel truly sorry for Brad. I think if Emily were about 10 years older, and more mature, she may be singin’ a different tune. If in fact, she’s connected to her deceased husband’s wealth + family…there may not be a chance in hell for any man to ever make it into her life.

Last night’s mini-interview w/ Emily and Chris basically re-iterated to me, that Brad was the one with all the feelings for her, but she couldn’t reciprocate. I read somewhere that Brad blamed himself for the demise of the relationship, but I think he’s just playing the stoic one there. Me thinks, Emily was the one that put the breaks on! Sorry to say this Brad…she’s just not that into you. I hope though, you can find love.

20. mommyof2

July 12, 2011 at 8:46 AM

I’m tired of reading all of these people saying Emily just can’t leave behind the Hendrick’s paying for her lifestyle, etc… Who are any of you to say that? Whose to say they wouldn’t still pay to help out their granddaughter, particularly her education (assuming she even goes to a private school, which she may not), even if Emily did end up with Brad. It’s ridiculous to speculate about that being the reason for Emily and Brad not working out. It’s pretty obvious by Emily’s interview that she had to think of her daughter in making the decision that things couldn’t work out with Brad, and I commend Emily for putting her daughter ahead of herself. She didn’t want to uproot her daughter from her friends, school, and current life to start all over somewhere else when she felt things may not work out with Brad in the end. It makes sense to me. Emily came off as sincere to me. And, to be honest, it’s really between Brad and Emily why they didn’t work out. I don’t blame either one in the end. Let’s move on….

21. Caroll

July 12, 2011 at 9:52 AM

The problem is that Brad is not ready for marriage. He would get drunk and cancel plans at the last minute to fly to visit Emily. He owns bars; that should be a warning sign he could have issues regarding drinking at inappropriate times, planning a trip and having to cancel at the last minute due to inebriation. He would get angry with her when she was upset at the paparazzi’s chasing her and her daughter and then try to make amends to her with flowers and candy. He has a lot of work to do before he is ready to get married. Emily has to have a stable marriage partner, especially with a five year old daughter to consider.

22. SherryfromD

July 12, 2011 at 10:11 AM

^^What Caroll says sounds like how Brad’s ex described him…getting angry and then coming around trying to make amends.

Maybe I’m missing something, but why would Michelle Money be at the Men Tell All?

23. JovisMom

July 12, 2011 at 10:13 AM

Sherry – Michelle would be at the MTA b/c she was the one that alerted Ashley about Bentley.

24. SherryfromD

July 12, 2011 at 10:13 AM

Nevermind. Forgot how she said Bentley was there for the wrong reasons and since 95% of this show was about him, makes sense now.

25. JovisMom

July 12, 2011 at 10:18 AM

I don’t know about ya all but wouldn’t it be a hoot if they had Bentley as the next Bachelor? I know it would never happen, and I am pretty sure he’s get a slap from every girl who steps out of that limo!