I absolutely love reading your posts. It breaks up the monotony at my boring desk job. I especially enjoyed the 90210 links. Took me back to high school and college and I spent the remainder of my day that day watching old episodes online. I had stopped watching the Bachelor series during Brad’s first season because of how unbelievable and cheesy the show had become. I found your site during Deanna’s season and have been watching it so I can read your posts ever since. I am amazed at the people who take such time to e-mail you and tell you how little they think of you. Why on earth do they spend the time reading your site if they despise you so much? I don’t have any questions. Just wanted to thank for the entertainment. You crack me up!
Comment: I thoroughly enjoyed writing the column on the 27th. That was fun. Especially since I had just gotten done watching 4 episodes that weekend of 90210 from their junior year of college. Pound for pound, their best season in my mind. I just watched this past weekends 4 episodes on Wednesday. I forgot how good this season was. So much good crap going on that season and, outside of Kelly, Brandon had his most believable and likable girlfriend, in Susan Keats. Crappy way they broke up, but still arguably his best girlfriend not named Kelly. I could go on for days about that season. It aired in 1996-1997 which was my senior year of college. Which is funny because during my senior year of college, I was 21. The 90210 cast was in their junior year of college during 1996-97 and they were all roughly 45 years old in real life. Funny how that works.
I can’t believe re-watching those episodes now fifteen years later how much I remember. If the situation calls for it, I’ll definitely make some more 90210 references in upcoming columns. Although, I have a new show that I might throw in some clips from that I can almost guarantee everybody watched.
do you know who wins yet? if so can u respond to this email at ********@me.com
Comment: Nope. No clue. Sure, I’ll email you. Just be patient. I’ll get around to it sometime before the calendar year is up. Sit tight.
So three things:
1) Do you think the show’s relationship with the contestants is like an abusive relationship? They keep the contestants completely isolated and they are not even allowed to use their phones. They manipulate them and have to control everything they do. And then they have all these secrets they are trying to keep from the outside world. I don’t know, there seems to be a lot of similarities.
2) Do you think Michelle Money will be at the “Men Tell All”? It might make it slightly less boring for me; she’s my favorite contestant ever.
3) Have you noticed the unreasonable number of people who are saying that Bentley is a sociopath? So West is a murderer and now Bentley is a sociopath. Bachelor/ette fans seem to know a lot about these contestants after watching them for three episodes on a highly edited TV show, maybe they should be the ones doing the casting.
Comment: 1) I’d say that’s a fairly accurate comparison.
2) I would not be surprised in the least bit if she was. Nothing confirmed yet, but I can definitely see that happening.
3) That’s what crazy fans of this show think, and lets face it, you can’t argue with crazy. No matter what you say, you’re wrong, so it’s not even worth getting into it with them.
The subject of this email was: “Canada Joke”. I guess it was in reference to the Canadian woman who sent me the pictures of her TV when ET: Canada was on.
If you thought that was funny it wasn’t. If you think nothing good comes from Canada, do you not take our money like the millions of dollars we donated for disasters and your ignorant self rants about this free country and it’s people? At least we get free health care and when we sing “free” in our national anthem we actually mean it. (compare our crime rate to yours) Next time the US needs donations I want you to say nothing good comes from Canada while you’re begging for money. You’re so ignorant which is why some Canadians think you guys are retards down there.
And since you rant about the bachelor/bachelorette shows, why does an American show that’s not even that old take on Canadian contestants and even one particular bachelorette?
Quality not Quanitity.
And if you’re going through all this time at least get your facts straight about the winners.
God Bless you
Comment: Some people in this world just get it, and some people don’t. This person doesn’t. Probably cuz they live in Canada. Easily the worst email I’ve received since at least, oh I don’t know, last week.
i love your site and always read every tues and fri. I have 2 comments
1) DONT MAKE FUN OF JEWS!
2) you said last fri which i qoute from your site “Even though it’s a repeat on Monday, I’m gonna have a column up sometime Tuesday talking about “Bachelorette” & “Bachelor Pad” things” and on tues i looked and nothing was there so if you say something keep your word
Comment: 1) You’re an idiot
2) Yes I did. But I was on vacation and decided I was too busy to step away and write a column. I thought I would have time, which is why I wrote that last Friday, but I didn’t. Please excuse me for not being able to deliver for you every second of the day. I sincerely apologize oh strange person I’ve never talked to in my life. I’ll be sure to notify you immediately from now on if I’m thinking about delaying any columns. Can’t win.