Bachelor Pad 2

Some Spoiler Confirmations, A Chris Harrison Interview, and a Boatload of “Reader Emails” – 7/15/11

Hi Steve,

Just wanted to write and share my opinion on a few things… Just in case you care.

Who does Chris Harrison think he’s fooling? “Some” of our couples break up (i.e., all but 3), “some” of our couples have children (i.e., 1).. I mean, Jason didn’t even choose Molly at the end of the show, so it’s not like the whole process even worked for him but I guess they technically count it because they met “on the show”.. Then filmed the wedding. Do they really think the American public is that dumb? Well, ok maybe they are, but really, do they think people won’t see right through that? Hilarious.

Emily’s bit was repetitive and gave no real information at all. Complete snoozefest compared to Jake and Vienna’s world war III.

At least Ashley wasn’t a crazy bat this episode. And no mention of Bentley!!

Finally, I’m surprised you’re single. You’re funny, you have a cute dog, and every girl wants a guy she can make fun of trashy tv with. Love your site.

Comment: Do they think the American public is that dumb? In a word: Yes. They know most of their audience believes everything they see on their show is real and they love to play it up. That’s why you see clips of Tenley during her season saying in a preview, “I’m pregnant,” then everyone starts freaking out talking about it, only they don’t even show the clip in the next episode. I could go on with tons of examples from seasons past when they do that.
___________________________________________________________

These emails came fast and furious after Monday’s episode aired….

“…I suppose your email is blowing up with the lead-ins to commercials! Chris H. instead of saying “Do you know someone to be the next bachelor/ette…..” is instead of saying “Come to our final casting event at San Diego” WHAT? Is our wonderful train wreck finally coming to an end???…”

“…During last night show they kept advertising for the final casting call. Do you think that means the show will be ending it run soon?…”

“…Hey RS,

I was wondering if you saw during Monday’s episode that they said the final casting call for the “Bachelor” was this wknd. Is that true?…”

“…Why did they say during Monday episode this was the final season of the Bachelor? How can that be if they were discussing Emily as possible next Bachelorette?…”

Comment: Gee, ABC says one word during their commercial, “final,” and all the sudden everyone thinks the show is getting taken off the air. They meant it was the final casting call for NEXT season’s “Bachelor”, not the whole show. One word is all it took and it completely changed the meaning of what people thought. And you wonder why I don’t share more info than I do? Because of how much people can read into things that just aren’t there. Which would only lead to more emails that don’t need to be written.
___________________________________________________________

This is the 2nd time I have emailed you in a month which officially makes me one of “those” people who do this to you. Although in my defense, my last email was more to publicly declare my love for 90210 reruns on Soap Net. This week I not only bring a question to the table, but also a fun tidbit that undoubtedly you’ve heard before and can make fun of me for thinking I am original. (To which I will not take offense unlike most of the nutbags that send you hate mail).

1) On average, how many emails do you get a day during the Bachelor/Bachelorette seasons? Do you read them all or do your pions sift through them then forward the most ridiculous on to you?

2) I only started watching the show during Jake’s season because I live in Richmond and heard about our scandalous representative and had to watch. But the show is so painful, my friends and I created a drinking game to help make it more tolerable. Basically at the beginning of each episode we pick a handful of words that you have to drink everytime someone says. Jake’s season was pretty dependent on the episode but Ali’s were always “amazing” “awesome” and “journey” which usually resulted in total inebriation. I was a little nervous about this season because it’s so bad but luckily there is one word that week in and week out has resulted in good ole fashioned Monday night drunkeness….”Bentley” Everything is more fun with a drinking game right?

Comment: 1) More of them come in on Mondays and Tuesday because that’s when the show is mostly on people’s minds, but, I’d say it’s a few hundred a week. It varies.

2) Everybody has a drinking game for this show every season, and it all revolves around things people say, so you’re right, I have heard of that before.
___________________________________________________________

Hello Steve,

I was just wondering if when contestants are eliminated are they actually sent back home, or are they sequestered until taping is over? And whatever the answer to that question is, are they required to not date when they do get home to prevent people from realizing that they were not picked? Basically what are the measures the show can implement upon the contestants, during and after taping, to keep the “winner” a secret?

Comment: Once you are eliminated, you go home. This isn’t “Survivor” where you stay out there whether your first or last eliminated.

Technically you’re not supposed to date publicly, but they all do. They can’t prevent you from living your life. They’ll just tell you to be discreet about it so it doesn’t give away anything. Most of the contestants don’t listen though. If they want to date someone, they will.

What measures could they take? Nothing. Short of boarding up these people in a compound and watching over them themselves every day feeding them bread and water, there’s nothing they can do. Which is why I will continue to spoil the show. Inevitably, I will get the information from somewhere.
___________________________________________________________

Hi, Steve!

I have a very serious question for you. The well being of my children depends on the answer to this question.

How many times did Emily say “you know” last night? I lost count.

After 5 minutes, I had to mute the TV because it actually got PAINFUL to listen to her. Did it drive you as crazy as it did me? 🙂

Love your website! Keep up the good work and keep making us laugh about these stupid shows that we can’t seem to stop watching.

Comment: Emily did say “ya know” a lot during her interview, however, at least she had a sense of humor about it. Did you see what she tweeted that night? She wrote:

“RickisMommy Emily Maynard
BTW, I’m going through my thesaurus to find different words for “ya know”. That is a nervous habit I definitely need to break. yikes.
11 Jul”

___________________________________________________________

Page 3 of 612345...Last »

1. StellaGeorge

July 15, 2011 at 9:23 AM

Too darn funny!: “Yes, pleez cum rite 4 the sight. It wood be grate 2 hav u. I think my readeers woood luv you’re wity ensight 2 Teen Mom. Cannt waite 2 hav u git starrtid.”

2. Vanilla Thunder

July 15, 2011 at 10:51 AM

“CAN I BEE A RITER” – Um, sure, if being a writer means you have no knowledge of spelling, grammar, puncuation, or sentence structure. Mmhmm.

Up until the last episode, I didn’t get why the guys have a problem with Ryan. But I think I have a better idea now. He seems just a bit different, in the way he interacts and expresses himself. Sometimes that type of perkiness can come off as phony or just plain annoying, so I get it. I hope he isn’t the next Bachelor, but I’m probably in the minority on that.

3. Vanilla Thunder

July 15, 2011 at 11:02 AM

Oops, I misspelled punctuation! Hahahahahaha…

4. JBTX

July 15, 2011 at 11:43 AM

Ok, so I get that people who write lengthy blogs are bound to have grammar mistakes here and there, but I found one of RS’s answers to the first reader email hilarious and ironic. He writes, “We should just let the dumb continue to think their smart…” First off, it’s “they’re” not “their”. We learned this in elementary school. I know I sound picky, but I find it so funny that as he sits there and insults the intelligence of other people merely for asking questions they don’t know the answers to, he himself can’t differentiate between two words. If you’re going to judge others on every single thing they do, then expect to be judged on your shortcomings.

5. Amy

July 15, 2011 at 11:53 AM

You’re yummy steve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there’s 2

6. morrigan0

July 15, 2011 at 12:27 PM

I think that last reader email is bogus. That person is just way too stupid to be real.

7. Cndgirl

July 15, 2011 at 3:45 PM

Completely agree Vanilla Thunder (as I write this, I’m chuckling at your name..haha. good one!)

But I didn’t get the problem with Ryan either until the last episode – I didn’t see what they were seeing. I think he seems like a decent guy (and I was interested in his water heater discussion – got annoyed when they talked over his explanation) – but could understand if you are not use to that kind of personality, being around it 24 hrs a day might get a bit taxing. Even if they do think he’s a decent guy too. It’s like having a very good friend that you know you should never live with, because you’d kill each other if you did. Even though you’re good friends.

8. RhondaB

July 15, 2011 at 11:16 PM

I should definitely be sleeping at this point, but that last reader email was worth staying up for. Ridiculous. haha

9. HeidiT

July 16, 2011 at 5:06 PM

I hate when people text write it’s annoying as hell. Too many young people cannot write properly because all they do is abbreviate when they type, which doesn’t say much for their future. That last email had to come from a 14 year old, only kids like teen mom and think that people want to discuss how screwed up these kids are. It’s just sad.

Caps aren’t too bad it’s when the person capitalizes the first letter of every word, Now That’s Annoying To Read.

I have to say that this season isn’t even remotely entertaining, I hardly watch or pay attention but continue to do so to keep up with your blogs.

BTW why aren’t you on Most Eligible Dallas?

10. fluorophore

July 17, 2011 at 9:35 PM

It’s “drivel” not “dribble.” Just thought you’d like to know. Actually, you couldn’t care less. That’s cool.

11. Small_Peanut

July 18, 2011 at 10:37 AM

FYI, every week for the past year when I log into your site for the first time I get this error message below. I then have to open my task manager, delete and then reopen your site. You may want to have your “webmaster” fix this issue as I’ve heard other peeps complain about the same thing over the the past year. I don’t have this issue with any other site but yours. Thanks!

Pop up says: Congratulations! You have been qualified to receive and Apple iPad 2. You have 4 minutes to claim your prize

12. mommyof2

July 18, 2011 at 11:35 AM

I get that same Apple iPad 2 message or this Health Tips message when I get into this site as well. Very strange. I just delete it every time, but it is annoying.

13. wisewords

July 18, 2011 at 4:36 PM

Small_Peanut and mommyof2, it’s adware. Steve not only knows about it, he has no plans to “fix” it. When you click through on his advertising, he makes money. You have to set your browser settings to kill it.

On another topic, check out this picture of “Ken and Barbie” aka Brad and Emily:
    Now if that doesn’t look plastic… I wanted to move Brad’s arms and change his clothes. Ha ha

14. VibeCat

July 18, 2011 at 4:56 PM

I have to answer Steve’s question about all caps, even though he says he doesn’t read here:

Comment: The ALL CAPS thing kills me. Who still uses that when they write? Anyone over 5th grade?

My 57 year-old office-mate writes everything in our office like this. She says she loves caps, she says she thinks it looks better. She’s an idiot, and it makes her LOOK like an idiot.