Bachelor Pad 2

Some Spoiler Confirmations, A Chris Harrison Interview, and a Boatload of “Reader Emails” – 7/15/11

Do you think the men have an opportunity to masturbate after their one on ones? 🙂 seems to me the time they’re on the show is too long to go without. Or does their “hand”ler help them with that too?

Comment: I’m sure every guy who’s ever been on that show, at some point or another, found some “alone” time when they were in the shower. I’m sorry, but confined to a house, only surrounded by dudes, no contact with the outside world, and your only focus is on one girl? Please. They’d be idiots not to.
___________________________________________________________

Hi Steve,

Hate to bother you – know you probably get thousands of emails but I’m confused in where to find your latest information. Seems in the past when I’ve gone on your site the latest writings were on the first page. When I go into Ashley’s spoilers it always brings up the first night and I don’t know where to find current updates. I clicked around in there and am just not finding it. I love your humor, sarcasm and candidness.

Comment: And the streak continues…
___________________________________________________________

Hi Steve,

I’m a big fan of yours and love reading your blogs. Here’s my question. I’ve noticed that Ashley’s dates have been incredibly boring compared to dates from past Bachelor and Bachlorette seasons. Any idea why we haven’t seen any bungee jumping, building repelling, tight rope walking? Is Ashley just a total chicken? Frankly, her dates are a snooze fest.

Comment: Yeah, I will say this season’s dates have been a lot of walking around streets shopping with not a lot of action. Not sure why? We know from Ashley last season that she’s afraid of helicopters, so that explains why we haven’t seen any of those. Not hot tub scenes is the head scratcher though. It’s not like Ashley would be self conscious about her body or anything. She was in a bikini a lot last season. But definitely not a lot of adventure to this season’s dates. Maybe they just wanted to change it up a bit.
___________________________________________________________

Great job on this weeks recap, I found it profoundly funny and very insightful. I laughed a lot.

In my humble opinion, this week’s recap is the best one you have written. Which week do you think was your best?

Comment: I have no idea. Once I write the column, I can’t remember over half the stuff I even said. When you’ve been doing this for eight years, and have written over 300 posts regarding this show, it’s impossible to remember one that sticks out. All I know is I’ve enjoyed adding the “90210”, “Saved by the Bell”, and “Karate Kid” clips. I’ll try to keep that up and incorporate other things, but the column already takes as long as it does without trying to find stuff to fit in, so there’s no guarantee.
___________________________________________________________

My question: Do you know if on nights when they cut out the cocktail party they get to hang out after the roses are given out? Seems to me to be such a waste if they get all dressed up, don’t get to party, get their rose and then go ‘home’. They should at least get to enjoy their evening, don’t you think?

Comment: No. Once the roses are given out, the night is pretty much finished since it’s so early in the morning at that point anyway, and they still need to get an ITM from Ashley and the rejected guy(s), so there’s really no “hang out” time afterwards.
___________________________________________________________

Page 4 of 6« First...23456

1. StellaGeorge

July 15, 2011 at 9:23 AM

Too darn funny!: “Yes, pleez cum rite 4 the sight. It wood be grate 2 hav u. I think my readeers woood luv you’re wity ensight 2 Teen Mom. Cannt waite 2 hav u git starrtid.”

2. Vanilla Thunder

July 15, 2011 at 10:51 AM

“CAN I BEE A RITER” – Um, sure, if being a writer means you have no knowledge of spelling, grammar, puncuation, or sentence structure. Mmhmm.

Up until the last episode, I didn’t get why the guys have a problem with Ryan. But I think I have a better idea now. He seems just a bit different, in the way he interacts and expresses himself. Sometimes that type of perkiness can come off as phony or just plain annoying, so I get it. I hope he isn’t the next Bachelor, but I’m probably in the minority on that.

3. Vanilla Thunder

July 15, 2011 at 11:02 AM

Oops, I misspelled punctuation! Hahahahahaha…

4. JBTX

July 15, 2011 at 11:43 AM

Ok, so I get that people who write lengthy blogs are bound to have grammar mistakes here and there, but I found one of RS’s answers to the first reader email hilarious and ironic. He writes, “We should just let the dumb continue to think their smart…” First off, it’s “they’re” not “their”. We learned this in elementary school. I know I sound picky, but I find it so funny that as he sits there and insults the intelligence of other people merely for asking questions they don’t know the answers to, he himself can’t differentiate between two words. If you’re going to judge others on every single thing they do, then expect to be judged on your shortcomings.

5. Amy

July 15, 2011 at 11:53 AM

You’re yummy steve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there’s 2

6. morrigan0

July 15, 2011 at 12:27 PM

I think that last reader email is bogus. That person is just way too stupid to be real.

7. Cndgirl

July 15, 2011 at 3:45 PM

Completely agree Vanilla Thunder (as I write this, I’m chuckling at your name..haha. good one!)

But I didn’t get the problem with Ryan either until the last episode – I didn’t see what they were seeing. I think he seems like a decent guy (and I was interested in his water heater discussion – got annoyed when they talked over his explanation) – but could understand if you are not use to that kind of personality, being around it 24 hrs a day might get a bit taxing. Even if they do think he’s a decent guy too. It’s like having a very good friend that you know you should never live with, because you’d kill each other if you did. Even though you’re good friends.

8. RhondaB

July 15, 2011 at 11:16 PM

I should definitely be sleeping at this point, but that last reader email was worth staying up for. Ridiculous. haha

9. HeidiT

July 16, 2011 at 5:06 PM

I hate when people text write it’s annoying as hell. Too many young people cannot write properly because all they do is abbreviate when they type, which doesn’t say much for their future. That last email had to come from a 14 year old, only kids like teen mom and think that people want to discuss how screwed up these kids are. It’s just sad.

Caps aren’t too bad it’s when the person capitalizes the first letter of every word, Now That’s Annoying To Read.

I have to say that this season isn’t even remotely entertaining, I hardly watch or pay attention but continue to do so to keep up with your blogs.

BTW why aren’t you on Most Eligible Dallas?

10. fluorophore

July 17, 2011 at 9:35 PM

It’s “drivel” not “dribble.” Just thought you’d like to know. Actually, you couldn’t care less. That’s cool.

11. Small_Peanut

July 18, 2011 at 10:37 AM

FYI, every week for the past year when I log into your site for the first time I get this error message below. I then have to open my task manager, delete and then reopen your site. You may want to have your “webmaster” fix this issue as I’ve heard other peeps complain about the same thing over the the past year. I don’t have this issue with any other site but yours. Thanks!

Pop up says: Congratulations! You have been qualified to receive and Apple iPad 2. You have 4 minutes to claim your prize

12. mommyof2

July 18, 2011 at 11:35 AM

I get that same Apple iPad 2 message or this Health Tips message when I get into this site as well. Very strange. I just delete it every time, but it is annoying.

13. wisewords

July 18, 2011 at 4:36 PM

Small_Peanut and mommyof2, it’s adware. Steve not only knows about it, he has no plans to “fix” it. When you click through on his advertising, he makes money. You have to set your browser settings to kill it.

On another topic, check out this picture of “Ken and Barbie” aka Brad and Emily:
    Now if that doesn’t look plastic… I wanted to move Brad’s arms and change his clothes. Ha ha

14. VibeCat

July 18, 2011 at 4:56 PM

I have to answer Steve’s question about all caps, even though he says he doesn’t read here:

Comment: The ALL CAPS thing kills me. Who still uses that when they write? Anyone over 5th grade?

My 57 year-old office-mate writes everything in our office like this. She says she loves caps, she says she thinks it looks better. She’s an idiot, and it makes her LOOK like an idiot.