Bachelor Pad 2

Some Spoiler Confirmations, A Chris Harrison Interview, and a Boatload of “Reader Emails” – 7/15/11

Hey Reality Steve,

I’ve been following your spoilers for a few years but I’ve just recently gotten into reading your blog/recaps/reader questions every week. I just wanted to say thanks so much for your patience and for answering questions repeatedly. I enjoy your sarcasm immensely and the interesting little details that I learn through your site.

I really did look for information on this so I hope this isn’t a stupid/annoying question. I was wondering how often do you do video blogs? I remember seeing a couple of them and loved watching Maddie’s blank stares. I looked on youtube and found the channel: RealitySteve24.. I assume that’s you since only your video blogs are on there.. Do you only do video blogs for the Bachelor and not the Bachelorette? I just noticed on that channel that the last video was in March..

Comment: I did them pretty much every Friday during Brad’s season, I just haven’t gotten around to doing them this season. Basically it just depends on if I feel like doing one. I’m sure I’ll do one in the near future, but I just don’t know when yet.
___________________________________________________________

Hi, Steve. I enjoy reading your Bachelor/Bachelorette postings, especially when you point out really stupid things that the hosts say.

I noticed on Monday’s show that Chris Harrison, when talking to the guys as a group at the beginning of the episode, referred to Taiwan as “The Republic of Taiwan.” I was astounded to hear this as Taiwan is actually known as “The Republic of China” and there is no such thing as “The Republic of Taiwan” that I know of.

With these travel episodes basically being a tourist promotion for whichever country they’re in, probably heavily subsidized by those countries, I would think they could at least get the country’s name right. It’s surprising that no one caught this in editing.

Anyway, thank you for your excellent and entertaining work writing the blogs, and I look forward to seeing the new footage of Maddie soon – I hope she’s been staying away from your shoes!

Comment: I didn’t notice that. I wonder if they docked Chris’ pay for the week? Or maybe made him sit in the corner with his thumb in his mouth? Either way, I’m sure it was an honest mistake and not that big of deal. And the editors of this show miss a lot. That’s probably the last thing they would think to correct.
___________________________________________________________

And last, but certainly not least…

STVE

DID EMILY N BRAD REALLY BREAK UP? I THINK THEY ARE STILL TOGETHER AND DOIN THIS TO KEEP PEOPLE AWAY FROM THEM. CAN YOU CONFIRM?

CAN I BEE A RITER FOR YOUR BLOG? I WANT TO BLOG ABOUT TEEN MOM. I BET SO MANY READEERS WOULD LOVE IT.

Comment: The ALL CAPS thing kills me. Who still uses that when they write? Anyone over 5th grade?

And they think Emily went on national television to announce their breakup was actually just a conspiracy theory to get the paparazzi to leave them alone? Is this person sane? It’s obvious this person has an obsession with Brad and Emily that is beyond human comprehension, but even that might be the stupidest thing I’ve heard regarding their breakup. Lets see:

-Emily stated in the interview they’re broken up
-Brad admitted to them being broken up
-Chris Harrison confirmed the break up as well and purposely did the interview to finally address all the rumors
-Emily did a cover story in “People” magazine to telling everyone she and Brad were broken up

Hmmmmm, sounds like they’re broken up to me. But hey, if you want to believe our own US government was behind the 9/11 attacks too, have at it. I’m not gonna give away any email addresses, but lets just say this person had an address with Brad and Emily’s name in it. Cuck-koo, cuck-koo.

___________________________________________________________

Send your emails to: steve@realitysteve.com. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Or join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page. See you Tuesday.

Page 6 of 6« First...23456

1. StellaGeorge

July 15, 2011 at 9:23 AM

Too darn funny!: “Yes, pleez cum rite 4 the sight. It wood be grate 2 hav u. I think my readeers woood luv you’re wity ensight 2 Teen Mom. Cannt waite 2 hav u git starrtid.”

2. Vanilla Thunder

July 15, 2011 at 10:51 AM

“CAN I BEE A RITER” – Um, sure, if being a writer means you have no knowledge of spelling, grammar, puncuation, or sentence structure. Mmhmm.

Up until the last episode, I didn’t get why the guys have a problem with Ryan. But I think I have a better idea now. He seems just a bit different, in the way he interacts and expresses himself. Sometimes that type of perkiness can come off as phony or just plain annoying, so I get it. I hope he isn’t the next Bachelor, but I’m probably in the minority on that.

3. Vanilla Thunder

July 15, 2011 at 11:02 AM

Oops, I misspelled punctuation! Hahahahahaha…

4. JBTX

July 15, 2011 at 11:43 AM

Ok, so I get that people who write lengthy blogs are bound to have grammar mistakes here and there, but I found one of RS’s answers to the first reader email hilarious and ironic. He writes, “We should just let the dumb continue to think their smart…” First off, it’s “they’re” not “their”. We learned this in elementary school. I know I sound picky, but I find it so funny that as he sits there and insults the intelligence of other people merely for asking questions they don’t know the answers to, he himself can’t differentiate between two words. If you’re going to judge others on every single thing they do, then expect to be judged on your shortcomings.

5. Amy

July 15, 2011 at 11:53 AM

You’re yummy steve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there’s 2

6. morrigan0

July 15, 2011 at 12:27 PM

I think that last reader email is bogus. That person is just way too stupid to be real.

7. Cndgirl

July 15, 2011 at 3:45 PM

Completely agree Vanilla Thunder (as I write this, I’m chuckling at your name..haha. good one!)

But I didn’t get the problem with Ryan either until the last episode – I didn’t see what they were seeing. I think he seems like a decent guy (and I was interested in his water heater discussion – got annoyed when they talked over his explanation) – but could understand if you are not use to that kind of personality, being around it 24 hrs a day might get a bit taxing. Even if they do think he’s a decent guy too. It’s like having a very good friend that you know you should never live with, because you’d kill each other if you did. Even though you’re good friends.

8. RhondaB

July 15, 2011 at 11:16 PM

I should definitely be sleeping at this point, but that last reader email was worth staying up for. Ridiculous. haha

9. HeidiT

July 16, 2011 at 5:06 PM

I hate when people text write it’s annoying as hell. Too many young people cannot write properly because all they do is abbreviate when they type, which doesn’t say much for their future. That last email had to come from a 14 year old, only kids like teen mom and think that people want to discuss how screwed up these kids are. It’s just sad.

Caps aren’t too bad it’s when the person capitalizes the first letter of every word, Now That’s Annoying To Read.

I have to say that this season isn’t even remotely entertaining, I hardly watch or pay attention but continue to do so to keep up with your blogs.

BTW why aren’t you on Most Eligible Dallas?

10. fluorophore

July 17, 2011 at 9:35 PM

It’s “drivel” not “dribble.” Just thought you’d like to know. Actually, you couldn’t care less. That’s cool.

11. Small_Peanut

July 18, 2011 at 10:37 AM

FYI, every week for the past year when I log into your site for the first time I get this error message below. I then have to open my task manager, delete and then reopen your site. You may want to have your “webmaster” fix this issue as I’ve heard other peeps complain about the same thing over the the past year. I don’t have this issue with any other site but yours. Thanks!

Pop up says: Congratulations! You have been qualified to receive and Apple iPad 2. You have 4 minutes to claim your prize

12. mommyof2

July 18, 2011 at 11:35 AM

I get that same Apple iPad 2 message or this Health Tips message when I get into this site as well. Very strange. I just delete it every time, but it is annoying.

13. wisewords

July 18, 2011 at 4:36 PM

Small_Peanut and mommyof2, it’s adware. Steve not only knows about it, he has no plans to “fix” it. When you click through on his advertising, he makes money. You have to set your browser settings to kill it.

On another topic, check out this picture of “Ken and Barbie” aka Brad and Emily:
    Now if that doesn’t look plastic… I wanted to move Brad’s arms and change his clothes. Ha ha

14. VibeCat

July 18, 2011 at 4:56 PM

I have to answer Steve’s question about all caps, even though he says he doesn’t read here:

My 57 year-old office-mate writes everything in our office like this. She says she loves caps, she says she thinks it looks better. She’s an idiot, and it makes her LOOK like an idiot.