Dr. Reality Steve

“Reader Emails”, More Goofy Ben Pictures, and the Return of Dr. Reality Steve

Hey Steve,

What’s the story with Michael Stagliano? Is he still riding solo or has that b*tch Holly left Blake and trampled her way back into his heart?

Comment: As far as I know he is. Lets hope he’s using his newfound fame from “Bachelor Pad 2” and his musical talents and making sure he’s sowing his wild oats. I gotta imagine he is.

Holly hasn’t left Blake. Poor guy.
__________________________________________________________

Hi Steve!

First, your blog is awesome. I even read parts of your Bachelor recaps to my husband. We die laughing at your sarcasm! Keep up the good work. Two questions:

1. You stated in one of your last reader email responses, “If people knew what I knew this season, they wouldn’t doubt my info. Plain and simple.” Quit holding out the good stuff! I realize your job is to spoil the season, and you aren’t a tabloid and looking to air out dirty laundry, but I just imagine you hear some….interesting…things involving the contestants. Do you just let the tabloids do their business, or is there stuff that you know that is “juicy” that the tabloids never uncover? If so, I’d say that is pretty respectable in that you aren’t ever tempted to tell your loyal readers!

2. Hypothetical situation: YOU are on Bachelor Pad. Which female do you choose to pair up with and why!? (You can choose any from previous bachelor/ette seasons)

P.S. Wouldn’t Bachelor Pad be a little better if they got more creative with their challenges like Real World Challenge?!!! I mean, in Bachelor Pad we have a water balloon toss and egg toss, in “The Challenge” we have people climbing mountains, or being suspended 25 ft above water. Come on!! Also, what if they incorporated a final challenge where instead of handing out the last rose to the men/women, the two competitors had to duel it out…so many ways they could improve that show.

I’ll be looking for my email on your next batch of “Reader E-mails”

Comment: Ooooh, kinky. “I even read parts of your recaps to my husband.” Like, in bed at night before sexy time? Or at the dinner table when he’s belching? I need to know this kinda stuff. Maybe my column works as an aphrodisiac and I don’t even know it.

1) I was talking about HOW I know what I know. You already know what I know, and that’s the end result. If I told you how I know and where I got it from, that’d basically be selling out my sources. That’s not gonna happen. Look, I know that there are people out there who want me to be wrong because they dislike Courtney, and they’re holding out hope that whoever gave me the Ali/Brad endings initially are the ones that gave me this ending. They weren’t. I cannot tell you how confident I am in knowing how this season plays out. You’ll see.

2) Well, since you’re asking me now, I’d say Emily O’Brien. Why? Go read Tuesday’s column. It’s apparent I pitch a tent just watching her on TV.

I think the “Bachelor Pad’s” challenges will never come close to what the Real World/Road Rules produces. It’s not even in the same stratosphere. But then again, it’s a different show really.
__________________________________________________________

Hi Steve,

I know I’m not the first person to say this, but you’re the only reason I watch the bachelor. Well…you, my best friend, and our weekly date to watch women fall apart due to alcohol, emotional trauma, and extreme exhaustion!

Before I started following your site, I thought that the show really was about finding true love (hey I was 16 years old! Give me a break). Now I realize, thanks to you, that it’s just about ratings and sex. Which has made it easy to not care who the lead is, who thee contestants are, or who “wins”. But it is damn good entertainment!

Good luck with the lawsuit. ABC should pay you for all of the publicity you generate and people you attract to the show! Or better yet, they should get you to be the next bachelor–it’s the only way they can get a spoiler-free season

Comment: Thanks for the email. I agree with everything you say.
__________________________________________________________

Dear Steve, you are hilarious! Your nicknames for people are my favorites. Nothing tops “Weather Skirt” from Jillian’s season! Anyway, I wondered if you ever caught the show, “Cupid” that came out years ago, trying to compete with The Bachelor? I believe Simon Cowell was involved in that. It seemed completely fake but the couple in the end did seem to really care about each other. They actually seemed “normal.” Just wondering if you have the info. about what ever happened to those two? I remember the guy was named “Hank” but can’t remember the girl’s name anymore. Just a blast from the past and I was wondering if they can be added to the list of TV romances that never work out, or if they are the exception. Thanks!

Comment: Even though it was a Simon Cowell show, and I have a man-crush on Simon, I never watched it. Couldn’t name you one person that was on it, couldn’t tell you the first thing about it, nor do I have any update whatsoever on it. But in other news, I can officially admit this: I was dead wrong about X Factor vs American Idol. I thought for sure X Factor would immediately overtake Idol in ratings and Idol would suffer because of it. Not a chance. Idol is the gold standard when it comes to singing reality shows because of its originality. No matter what X Factor or The Voice does, people will still come out in droves to watch Idol. That isn’t changing. 29 million people watched Idol’s finale last season, which was one of it’s worst ones yet. That’s more than X Factor and The Voice’s finale audiences combined. Yeah, Idol isn’t going anywhere.
__________________________________________________________

Hey Steve,

Have been reading your blog for about a year and look forward to Tuesdays for your comments on this train wreck of a show! I know you don’t reveal your sources, but I was wondering how you got started on spoiling The Bachelor/Bachelorette.
The video blog in Thursday’s column was fun. I tried to get my dog to howl and he had the same reaction as Maddie. She is adorbs!

Comment: My Bachelor spoiling started with Jason’s season. I’d never had a spoiler before that season, never cared about spoilers, and didn’t even know where to look for them. I got a call one day and someone told me about the secret taping that took place with Jason, Molly, and Melissa and I teased it for a month. No one believed me because they were convinced Jason had chosen Melissa. Which he did. Just no one knew about any secret taping and what happened at it, and two weeks before the finale aired, I blew the doors on it, and essentially that’s when RealitySteve.com was truly born. Ever since that day, this site hasn’t been the same. Kinda weird thinking back on it that we’re almost three years to the day that ATFR taping happened.
__________________________________________________________

Page 3 of 712345...Last »

1. lillithcsks

January 19, 2012 at 8:28 AM

So what is Bentley’s twitter account?

2. carol

January 19, 2012 at 10:34 AM

One of the big reasons that Emily was announced early as the next bachelorette is because applicants have to be interested in dating/marrying someone with a child. Lots of guys throw up the hand when it comes to Jiffy Family.

3. rs607

January 19, 2012 at 11:37 AM

They recasted Mary Delgado and she “won” that season – you can call their twisted sick drunken violent rel that have put her in jail twice winning.

4. rs607

January 19, 2012 at 11:39 AM

I forgot the most important word “IF” at the beg. of “you can call their twisted…” in the post above.

5. crumpet

January 19, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Jenna worked at Lucky magazine (not on the editorial side) until relatively recently, so yeah she’s not really a blogger.

6. caitlyn

January 20, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Steve I disagree with one comment. You call Ben a “giant goofball”. I call Ben a drunken party boy, along the lines of Charlie O’Connel and Ed Swiderski, same type of guy, will never commit to a real relationship. The booze and the parties always come before a woman for these dbags.
    Great column, this show is so boring with Apeface as the lead.

7. caitlyn

January 20, 2012 at 11:06 AM

I hope your planning on buying JP and Ashley a wedding gift and staying true to your word. I’ts gonna happen.

8. xxznat

January 20, 2012 at 12:56 PM

to the girl whos bf would buy her a ring., I suggest u ask your bf why it seems lik he is not that interested and just ok bout ur wedding.

9. karynr

January 20, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Drunken high school party boy. I wouldn’t even elevate him to college level.

10. JenJen

January 22, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Are you EVER going to get over the fact that no one is going to credit you as being the first source? You mention it EVERY SINGLE TIME it happens. Seriously, Steve, just get past it. Unless you really are just out for fame.

11. Dianne

January 23, 2012 at 7:05 AM

@JenJen..hun?? What are you on about?

12. Dianne

January 23, 2012 at 7:16 AM

oh gosh no!! I live in Toronto, ON, Canada, and am totally not looking forward to this:

13. locondcoco

January 23, 2012 at 12:58 PM

JenJen, completely agree. To say that “its fine with me” that those other sites dont credit him, yet to go on and on and on (and on) about how little credibility it has, etc, etc clearly shows that it is NOT fine with RS.

14. mommyof2

January 23, 2012 at 1:13 PM

I’m behind on the Bachelor episodes b/c I watched Alcatraz last Mon. Instead, but I watched the Bachelor on Sun. B/c it came on ABC in the afternoon. I cannot believe how those women reacted when Shawntel arrived. They were mean girls for sure- just so rude and vicious! I now think it would’ve been AWESOME if they had Ben’s sister, Julia, arrive instead, acting like another contestant trying to win Ben’s affections. Working undercover, she could report back to Ben what some of these girls are REALLY like. Now that would’ve been fun to watch!

15. CaliGirl

January 23, 2012 at 1:27 PM

mommyof2, I LOVE that idea! That would be kind of gross to see Ben’s sister flirt with him and vie for his affection even if she was pretending. But that still would have been entertaining. The show needs to try SOMETHING different for a change!!

16. wisewords

January 23, 2012 at 4:22 PM

I have often wondered why RS feels the need to constantly complain (ad nauseum) about readers asking him the same questions. Apparently they really bother him. And he expects us–the readers of his blog–to go back and read every entry he’s ever made so we won’t ask him a question he answered before. Really???

This business about “I won’t create an FAQ page because people wouldn’t read it anyway” is a bunch of bunk. At the very least, he could just ignore the questions. How easy is that?

Ah, but I know I am asking too much of our sophomoric Steve. Complaining and rambling on and on is all part of the RealitySteve M.O.

17. Jessica Rabbit-DFW/HHH

January 23, 2012 at 8:10 PM

why is courtney such a d-bag? and why does she keep doing that smirky sideways thing with her mouth?

18. nora j

January 23, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I still can’t believe Courtney will be the final girl. She’s a bitch and they are letting us all see it. She is worse than Vienna…actually I feel like they hid some of Vienna’s bitchiness to us cuz i actually felt sorry for her and thought Ali was the bitch that season. Anyway I haven’t seen the producers allow that kind of edit for the F1 ever…either she really isn’t the F1 or there is a first time for everything…or maybe the edit isn’t that bad but I’m biased cuz I just can’t stand Courtney’s personality.

19. nora j

January 23, 2012 at 10:57 PM

btw I knew Emily wanted to be the bachelorette. She was lying when she said she had no interest in it. She was just waiting for the hype of breaking up with Brad to die down. Subconsciously or actually consciously she knew there was a good chance she would do it but just not right after she broke up with Brad.

20. apm22

January 24, 2012 at 7:59 AM

You don’t give credit to where you got your sources so why should the magazine covers. And not everyone reads your site, by the way. Also, Mary Delgado was a contestant on two seasons of the bachelor.

21. sourpuss

January 25, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Courtney ought to be checked for a new disease called well-rehearsed Tourette’s Syndrome.

22. gege

January 26, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Watched Australian Tennis — Nadal reminded me of a very very handsome Ben – Nadal is MUCH smarter though!