Dr. Reality Steve

“Reader Emails”, More Goofy Ben Pictures, and the Return of Dr. Reality Steve

Hey Steve,

Just wondering two things:

1) Do you suspect that they will cast a more genuine batch of guys, given that it’s Emily?

2) What is your favorite….drink? 🙂 (I figure that you get a lot of Bachelor/ette/Pad related questions and that I’d give you a break, particularly from the ones about the watered down ground, how the roses are pinned on, if it’s REALLY Courtney and all that jazz).

Comment: 1) I think the fact that they decided on Emily so early on and they will probably announce it shortly, is to drum up interest. Knowing that there’s still 2 months until filming starts, now that pretty much everyone knows it’s Emily, you can actually get more people coming forward who might want to apply. Don’t get me wrong, you’ll still have your fair share of drama guys, model/actors, fillers, etc. But there’s gotta be a reason why they decided on her so early on. They’ve never locked the lead in this early before filming started and had it get out. So it definitely seems like they will cast guys who specifically want to be there because it is her. Doesn’t mean it’ll necessarily work, but they’ll sure try.

2) Coors Light. Like Nicki…ha ha. Like, drink drink? Vodka cranberry or vodka soda.
__________________________________________________________

Hello Steve, I was reading your blog today and saw that Kasey B. got eliminated. I’m a single guy, 29, I’m in IL. I’m a fan of The Bachelor. I really liked Kasey’s personality and the way her date went with Ben. I’d like to go on a date with Kasey. I was wondering if you have a way to contact her to ask her for me or if I can get in touch with her somehow. I went on a date with Emily Maynard last month, and I don’t think it worked out between us, but I’m not totally sure.

Comment: Ummmmm, ok. Sure buddy. I’ll get right on that. I got Kacie on speed dial so why don’t I give her a call real quick and see if she wants to go out with single guy, 29, from IL who allegedly just went out with Emily last month but doesn’t know if it worked out between them.

Here’s a hint: It didn’t.
__________________________________________________________

You know what’s starting to become a frequently asked question in the Reader Emails? This one:

Hey,

Just wondering why you don’t set up a frequently asked question page. Just started reading your section last year, love reading your stuff, just not enough to go through archives of past seasons.

Comment: I’ve definitely answered this one before, but here we go again. Why isn’t there a FAQ page? Because it won’t do me any good. If someone has a question for me, they’re gonna ask it. They’re not gonna think to themselves first, “Hmmmm, I got a question for Steve, but let me see if it’s already been asked in the FAQ page.” Just like you don’t want to go through archives to find if your question was already asked, why would anyone want to go through pages and pages of a FAQ link?

Not to mention, what’s considered a FAQ? Something that’s been asked twice? Ten times? 20 times? My FAQ link would be 20 pages long considering all the repetitive questions I’ve been asked. So I don’t see the point. If you email it to me and I’m in a mood to answer it that day, I will. If I’m in a mood to delete it, I will. If I’m in a mood to save it until the “Reader Email” column and make fun of it then, I will. So yeah, I guess it all depends on my mood.
__________________________________________________________

Love you column every week! My question is in regards to the necklace he gave Brittney with the date card last night. I am assuming the producers took back that necklace when she left. Why didn’t Linzi get a necklace when her date card arrived as well? Thanks!

Comment: He did. He gave her a pearl necklace later on that night (Sorry, that was just too easy).
__________________________________________________________

Page 5 of 7« First...34567

1. lillithcsks

January 19, 2012 at 8:28 AM

So what is Bentley’s twitter account?

2. carol

January 19, 2012 at 10:34 AM

One of the big reasons that Emily was announced early as the next bachelorette is because applicants have to be interested in dating/marrying someone with a child. Lots of guys throw up the hand when it comes to Jiffy Family.

3. rs607

January 19, 2012 at 11:37 AM

They recasted Mary Delgado and she “won” that season – you can call their twisted sick drunken violent rel that have put her in jail twice winning.

4. rs607

January 19, 2012 at 11:39 AM

I forgot the most important word “IF” at the beg. of “you can call their twisted…” in the post above.

5. crumpet

January 19, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Jenna worked at Lucky magazine (not on the editorial side) until relatively recently, so yeah she’s not really a blogger.

6. caitlyn

January 20, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Steve I disagree with one comment. You call Ben a “giant goofball”. I call Ben a drunken party boy, along the lines of Charlie O’Connel and Ed Swiderski, same type of guy, will never commit to a real relationship. The booze and the parties always come before a woman for these dbags.
    Great column, this show is so boring with Apeface as the lead.

7. caitlyn

January 20, 2012 at 11:06 AM

I hope your planning on buying JP and Ashley a wedding gift and staying true to your word. I’ts gonna happen.

8. xxznat

January 20, 2012 at 12:56 PM

to the girl whos bf would buy her a ring., I suggest u ask your bf why it seems lik he is not that interested and just ok bout ur wedding.

9. karynr

January 20, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Drunken high school party boy. I wouldn’t even elevate him to college level.

10. JenJen

January 22, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Are you EVER going to get over the fact that no one is going to credit you as being the first source? You mention it EVERY SINGLE TIME it happens. Seriously, Steve, just get past it. Unless you really are just out for fame.

11. Dianne

January 23, 2012 at 7:05 AM

@JenJen..hun?? What are you on about?

12. Dianne

January 23, 2012 at 7:16 AM

oh gosh no!! I live in Toronto, ON, Canada, and am totally not looking forward to this:

13. locondcoco

January 23, 2012 at 12:58 PM

JenJen, completely agree. To say that “its fine with me” that those other sites dont credit him, yet to go on and on and on (and on) about how little credibility it has, etc, etc clearly shows that it is NOT fine with RS.

14. mommyof2

January 23, 2012 at 1:13 PM

I’m behind on the Bachelor episodes b/c I watched Alcatraz last Mon. Instead, but I watched the Bachelor on Sun. B/c it came on ABC in the afternoon. I cannot believe how those women reacted when Shawntel arrived. They were mean girls for sure- just so rude and vicious! I now think it would’ve been AWESOME if they had Ben’s sister, Julia, arrive instead, acting like another contestant trying to win Ben’s affections. Working undercover, she could report back to Ben what some of these girls are REALLY like. Now that would’ve been fun to watch!

15. CaliGirl

January 23, 2012 at 1:27 PM

mommyof2, I LOVE that idea! That would be kind of gross to see Ben’s sister flirt with him and vie for his affection even if she was pretending. But that still would have been entertaining. The show needs to try SOMETHING different for a change!!

16. wisewords

January 23, 2012 at 4:22 PM

I have often wondered why RS feels the need to constantly complain (ad nauseum) about readers asking him the same questions. Apparently they really bother him. And he expects us–the readers of his blog–to go back and read every entry he’s ever made so we won’t ask him a question he answered before. Really???

This business about “I won’t create an FAQ page because people wouldn’t read it anyway” is a bunch of bunk. At the very least, he could just ignore the questions. How easy is that?

Ah, but I know I am asking too much of our sophomoric Steve. Complaining and rambling on and on is all part of the RealitySteve M.O.

17. Jessica Rabbit-DFW/HHH

January 23, 2012 at 8:10 PM

why is courtney such a d-bag? and why does she keep doing that smirky sideways thing with her mouth?

18. nora j

January 23, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I still can’t believe Courtney will be the final girl. She’s a bitch and they are letting us all see it. She is worse than Vienna…actually I feel like they hid some of Vienna’s bitchiness to us cuz i actually felt sorry for her and thought Ali was the bitch that season. Anyway I haven’t seen the producers allow that kind of edit for the F1 ever…either she really isn’t the F1 or there is a first time for everything…or maybe the edit isn’t that bad but I’m biased cuz I just can’t stand Courtney’s personality.

19. nora j

January 23, 2012 at 10:57 PM

btw I knew Emily wanted to be the bachelorette. She was lying when she said she had no interest in it. She was just waiting for the hype of breaking up with Brad to die down. Subconsciously or actually consciously she knew there was a good chance she would do it but just not right after she broke up with Brad.

20. apm22

January 24, 2012 at 7:59 AM

You don’t give credit to where you got your sources so why should the magazine covers. And not everyone reads your site, by the way. Also, Mary Delgado was a contestant on two seasons of the bachelor.

21. sourpuss

January 25, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Courtney ought to be checked for a new disease called well-rehearsed Tourette’s Syndrome.

22. gege

January 26, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Watched Australian Tennis — Nadal reminded me of a very very handsome Ben – Nadal is MUCH smarter though!