The Bachelor 16 - Ben

The Bachelor Ben Recap Including Some Details from the Vegas Reunion and My First Live Video Blog This Thursday Night

-Rose ceremony time. Rachel, Courtney, and Jennifer already with roses. Ben, the floor is yours. But whatever you do, pander and cater to Courtney. She needs it. She’s having a rough go of it and she needs your support. “Thankful you’re invested in this…emotions run high…difficult…blessed and fortunate to be here…love is in my future…and so is skinny dipping with a hot model next week, which is basically an F-you in the face of every other girl remaining. Suck it.”

Lindzi: Other than getting beat out on a fish by Courtney, she said nothing this week.
Jamie: Why is she still around? Doesn’t she have some pageant to rehearse for? I heard she won “Miss Congeniality” in the Miss NY contest. Great. I’m sure she’s thrilled. And oh yeah, I hear she’s moving to LA. Gee, I wonder why?
Nicki: She’s so in love with love that Ben love, love, love…uh huh. What about the dude she was dating right before she left for the show? Was she that giddy over him?
Kacie B.: I believed she came equipped to the rose ceremony with Kleenex stuffed down the front of her dress.
Xena: When she receives the rose, she tells him he won’t regret this. Uh huh. Until next week.
Blakeley: Her lack of boobage since the Sonoma date is disheartening.
Casey S: Snitch rhymes with bitch in case you didn’t know.

“Ladies, Ben, it’s the final rose tonight. When you’re ready. Has anybody heard one word about ‘You Deserve It’ since it tanked in the ratings and went on and off the air without any recognition. Me neither. Oh well, the ‘Bachelor,’ ‘Bachelorette,’ and ‘Bachelor Pad’ paycheck will have to do for now.”

Emily: Sh**, even if you didn’t read the spoilers, did anyone think for a second Emily would go home before Monica? Please.

I love when there’s a rose ceremony where only one person goes home, cuz then Chris gets to step in and address that person specifically and embarrass them even more. “Monica, I’m sorry, you were the ONLY girl here Ben couldn’t possibly give a rose to. Congrats for finishing in 12th place. Say your goodbyes.” Monica was so uninteresting, I think we got maybe 15 seconds of her final talk to the camera where she said absolutely nothing we haven’t heard 1000 times. I just wish she would’ve gone the “I’m sorry, but I dig chicks way more than I dig Ben” route. Would’ve been much more interesting.

Very excited about Thursday. Send any and all emails in whether it’s show related, or, Dr. Reality Steve related in the next 48 hours, and there’s a good chance I’ll answer them live. If not, check out the live video blog this Thursday night 9PM EST/6PM PST back here on the site. Send your emails to: steve@realitysteve.com. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Or join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page. Talk to you Tuesday.

Page 6 of 6« First...23456

1. bachelorette

January 25, 2012 at 6:19 PM

a skinny elizabeth kitt? elizabeth looks anorexic. i don’t think courtney is any skinnier than her.

2. hordac

January 25, 2012 at 6:29 PM

I am disappointed in Emily. Do these girls actually watch the show prior to applying to be on it? The girl who rats out the bitch in the house always ends up being thrown out on her ass by the Batch. God knows that a man’s penis can’t be told the object of its desire is a manipulative shrew. Hey, it might even up the attractiveness factor. Lets face it, Ben is not in this to get married, and I think its the only way for someone like him to date a model for any length of time. I hope there is a similar post breakup interview between them like there was with Jake and Vienna! I also agree that Emily should have owned up to ratting out Courtney. As for the double agent who went and tattled? Bet the producers made her do this to stir it up.

3. poddington

January 25, 2012 at 7:45 PM

good words, Hordac. So true. Keep in mind, if Emily met the “man’s Penis” right AFTER Courtney dumped it (and likely left it weeping with infection), she would be his wife for being so wise and nurturing. These girls are still young, they will learn.

4. cidm

January 26, 2012 at 7:41 AM

why why why why WHY is Courtney’s forehead so oily and shiny in EVERY single ITM that she does ???? And where is the lower portion of her face and what’s up with her lips??
    By the way – great call on the comparison to Russell Brand, definitely is her doppelganger!
    Lindzi reminds me of a slightly disheveled Tenley – anyone else see it ???

5. gege

January 26, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Ben could look like the tennis player Nadal if he’d uncover his face 🙂 Of course that wouldn’t make him any smarter but he’d be nicer to look at 🙂

6. converse

January 26, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Rachel – “You know, it’s something that I’ve struggled with in the past”
    Ben – “What is?”
    Rachel – “Communication”
    Ben – “Ahh….perhaps including the subject in your sentence might help. Particularly if you are trying to communicate that communication is a problem.”

7. locondcoco

January 26, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Not that I’m defending Courtney, she annoys me too (i mean, what grown up woman says, “I can reach higher than any of you…”??), but what she actually said was: “I’ve always had boy FRIENDS”, as in her friends are guys, not boyfriends. Cuz she followed it up with that is why she is having a hard time co-existing with 11 other women under one roof.

8. miss4real

January 26, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Yes Courtney does look like AJ Soprano. Most excellent comparison

9. hordac

January 26, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Yes, I noticed the Lindzi – Tenley resemblance too – love the Courtney – AJ Soprano comparison! That is SOOOO right on! I want Steve to put those two side by side as well. To me this is the most accurate resemblance yet.

10. aziatn

January 26, 2012 at 3:04 PM

On the last episode, at the rose ceremony, they bleeped out Emily as she was calling Courtney a name. Emily called Courtney AUTISTIC. TWICE. This is the real reason for the feud. If people knew this, they would know why Courtney was so mad and offended at Emily. Rewind it. You can tell. ABC didn’t want the heat from Emily’s inappropriate comment so they bleeped it like it was any other word. Kacie B, Monica and all the other girls laughed when Emily said that. They are not “sweet” girls. These girls are vicious. Courtney’s response to Emily was totally appropriate. Courtney has not stooped to bad mouthing the other girls the way they’ve come after her. Shame on you Steve for falling victim to the editing.

11. sherivannote

January 26, 2012 at 3:36 PM

What is your talent? Absolutely NOTHING, you find some dishonest ass that betrays ABC while filming and then you pass it on acting like hero, (in fact low life) and ruin the the bachelor season, yet again for many people. I won’t worry about hurting your feelings, since it’s obvious someone with out any intergrity couldn’t care less about anyone, including your own ugly sorry self……..

12. karynr

January 27, 2012 at 6:03 AM

sherivannote…you made the choice to read RS and than blame him for the spoilers? Doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. I’d run to the closest therapist and get help for your anger issues. People read RS by choice. Or, was someone forcing you to read? Wow.

Keep up the enjoyable commentaries RS! You make this so much more fun.

13. BLT

January 27, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Anyone notice Courtney double-fisting at the end! Whiskey in one hand and a rocker glass with god knows what in the other? Booze hound extreme.

14. luna

January 28, 2012 at 4:18 PM

What on earth was with the comment about Courtney being in Puerto Rico 2 months prior, whilst everybody was toasting at the end? So “classy”, throwing it out there. Dumby.