The Bachelor 16 - Ben

The Bachelor Ben Recap Including the WTA Taping Date, Pics of Courtney & What Game Show Was She Previously On?

There seems to be a trend developing this season with a lot of Ben’s eliminated girls. What is it you ask? They all come off the show and basically trash Courtney, all while taking back handed shots at Ben in the process. Courtesy of WetPaint.com, here’s Jennifer’s exit interview from last week. It’s one thing to see Courtney on TV acting like a bitch towards the other girls, or rolling her eyes, or not having anything nice to say about anyone, because, that’s what ABC is choosing to let us see. If she had great moments with the women, and they were her friends and ABC wasn’t showing it to us, then that’d be another story. But if you’ve read all the exit interviews of the eliminated contestants – Jenna, Shawntel, Britni, Monica, and now Jennifer – exactly NONE of them have come to Courtney’s defense. I’d say that’s MUCH more telling than what we’re seeing on TV because we know how manipulated and spliced that can be. None of these girls have gone to the, “Oh, it’s the editing. She’s really a nice girl and I had a great time with her.” Not one has said that, and I don’t expect any will, either.

Look at who we (most likely) have coming up with exit interviews. With Blakeley, Jamie, and Casey eliminated last night, I’m guessing Blakeley will be the one on the conference call this week (No one cares what Jamie has to say since she was a mute for the first 5 episodes, and I doubt they’ll put Casey on there, unless they do both Casey AND Blakeley, which is possible). Next week, I’m sure it’ll be Emily. The week after that, Kacie, unless they decide to postpone hers a week since she comes back in Switzerland to warn Ben about Courtney. Whatever the case, it doesn’t seem like any of those girls responses to Courtney will be any better than the previous five who’ve been eliminated. Jenna called her “Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde,” Monica wasn’t a fan, Shawntel thinks she didn’t get a rose because Courtney brainwashed Ben, and even Britni didn’t have anything nice to say about Courtney. This speaks volumes.

However, with that said, can we back off a bit on all the hatred towards Courtney? It’s what I say every season, and it’s what I’ll continue to say until this show goes off the air, IT’S A TELEVISION SHOW. Courtney’s “character” was crafted specifically to get this reaction from the audience. Why can’t people watch Courtney on TV and just say, “Jeez, I hope I never run into that girl. She seems a bit nuts” and then go on with their lives? To yap away on how much you hate her, and verbally assault her on comments sections, message boards, the Bachelor Fan Page, seriously people, get a life. Is Courtney annoying a lot of women? Yes. Is she conniving and manipulating on the show? Absolutely. Am I fan of hers? No. But why she bothers someone sitting at home watching TV enough to verbalize your thoughts on the internet about someone you don’t know is beyond comprehension. I don’t hate Courtney. I don’t know her. Neither do you. It’s the same thing I talked about during the Ali/Roberto break up. People, back away. Quit living your lives vicariously through what you see on TV. And if this show, and Courtney in particular, is making your blood boil this much, reassess your priorities in life because they’ve seemed to escape you. I make fun of this show because it’s silly and easy to do. You should too. Try not to take what you see on TV at face value and just laugh at it. I’m appalled at some of the things I’ve read towards Courtney on the internet.

And continuing on the topic of Courtney, if you missed last Thursday’s live video blog, here’s something for you: All these rumors that you hear about Ben and Courtney being broken up are just that – rumors. I’m here to tell you none of these stories have any merit, and they’re only being rumored because people are trying to claim they know something that isn’t true. There’s no story in saying, “Ben and Courtney are engaged.” I reported that two months ago. So to get any sort of attention, of course someone is gonna come out with “Ben and Courtney are split up.” Just like people didn’t want to believe Jake got engaged to Vienna. Then when they accepted that, it was “Well, he might’ve gotten engaged to her, but they aren’t together now.” Both of which ended up being wrong. Or people saying that Ashley wasn’t with JP, she was with Ben. Can you imagine what the response would be like right now if I NEVER said who Ben was engaged to, and just left it at the final two of Lindzi and Courtney? Do you think ANYBODY would be saying he’s engaged to Courtney? Of course not. So don’t pay attention to rumors with no basis because they are just not true. Ben got engaged to Courtney in Switzerland and they are still engaged as we speak. Period. End of story. Don’t question it, just accept it because it’s 100% true. Anyone who says otherwise is just trying to draw attention to themselves.

Finally, the paparazzi was able to get shots of her last weekend in Beverly Hills and Santa Monica. I believe this news source was able to grab the first public pics we’ve seen of her since the show started airing. She just must have some sort of deal with the company that makes those t-shirts since that looks like the same type of design as the “Be Nice” shirt she was wearing on the show last week. Here’s the link:

Courtney Robertson Paparazzi Pics

Also, looks like our little Jezebel was on a game show in New Zealand back in 2005 called “Treasure Island: Couples at War.” According to the bios, she was dating some hunky South African born guy who was the grand champion of “Fear Factor” here in the states in 2003, before moving back to New Zealand. Two things that kinda stand out when looking at that bio: Either it was a misprint, or her last name used to be “Robinson.” Also, not that Courtney is the most chesty woman in the world, but I think we can see now she’s had a little work done in that area since her appearance on this show. Here’s the link:

Treasure Island: Couples at War

The “Women Tell All” taping is going to be Friday, February 24th and set to air Monday, March 5th. I’m sure a majority of that show will be the women giving their thoughts on Courtney, which she will not be a part of obviously because she’s in the final two. As for the “After the Final Rose” taping, I’m not sure of the exact date, but it will be some time after the WTA taping. In the past, it’s been the Tuesday or Wednesday before the finale, so you’re looking around March 6th or 7th, with the finale airing on March. 12th.

And here’s something funny I found. They had it on the Bachelor.TV site a week ago, but then it got removed for some reason so I had to search for it on You Tube. It’s Nick Peterson from Ashley’s season giving a 2 minute “instructional” video in his banana hammock. Hey, if it takes wearing a wig and a speedo to look like that, watch out 24 Hr Fitness, I’m gonna shock the world in there today. I’d say this guy seems to know what he’s talking about when it comes to fitness. If I were in Florida, I’d train with this guy. Especially if we got to rock out to LMFAO in speedos every day:

Page 1 of 612345...Last »

1. josh

February 7, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Milktoast! You’re joking, right? Try “milquetoast”.

2. ehalle

February 7, 2012 at 10:21 AM

I saw Courtney on Friday night in Venice. She was eating dinner at Gjelina on Abbott Kinney at the table next to me…I didn’t realize she hadn’t been spotted out and about yet! Obviously, she wasn’t wearing a ring or anything and she was just having dinner with another girl (who looks similar to the girl in her BH photos above). I was displeased to see that she is quite pretty in person, but she does do the weird mouth things still. She seemed pretty full of herself and smug with the attention she was getting…though I think my table was the only one that recognized her. For this I know I should be embarrassed :).

3. traversingthetwincities

February 7, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Apparently the Fleissmeister got to that Charlotte radio station… the most recent audio of Blakeley was gone when I went on to listen to it and the video at the top of the page talked about Puerto Rico.

4. traversingthetwincities

February 7, 2012 at 10:32 AM

JK on my last comment. I am an idiot… I feel like someone who asks why the driveway is wet on the first night at the mansion.

5. theoc949

February 7, 2012 at 11:00 AM

What a BONEHEAD move on the Producers part to ask that gal to leave- duh people have feelings for people, even when apart- the best way to get over someone one, is to find someone to replace that person! Ridicules!

6. elsie126

February 7, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Hey Steve– I also assumed they would have roommates, which makes Courtney’s invite back to her room strange. I noticed there were 2 toothbrushes in a glass on the sink behind her during one of the interviews in her room, so maybe she told her roommate to scram for a few hours? Wouldn’t the roomie get suspicious of why she couldn’t go into her room? Maybe the producers told Ben he can’t go to create some “drama” between him and Courtney and then shot some random footage of Courtney sitting forlornly her room.

7. hollyintemecula

February 7, 2012 at 11:48 AM

It wasn’t a lei. It was a green Velcro monkey.

8. joancallamezzo

February 7, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Am I the only one that found it ridiculous that Courtney’s top was blurred? None of the native women were wearing bras and they weren’t blurred. Very sensationalist IMO. And granted, I’ve only watched this episode and the last one and I haven’t found Courtney annoying at all. Just hilariously entertaining. Maybe it’s because I’m not invested in or care for any of the other girls, but she at least makes the show interesting. All the other conversations are soooooo boring and standard. I wound’t have even made it through an episode if Courtney wasn’t there. And as for her stealing time with/ attention from Ben, I say…Get It Girl! Treat Yo Self!

9. sweettoulouse

February 7, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Jamie is obviously NOT a whore and never should have been on this show to begin with. Ben is an ugly little troll and he and Courtney deserve each other.

10. quesara

February 7, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Very funny show this week and funny recap, Steve. Never heard most of those metaphors for ladies “self pleasure” before, LOL. Loved Blakely’s desperate “stripper” salsa and how her hair went from being up in a ponytail and then down and then back up every other scene! And the looks on the faces of the little boys when Courtney was shakin it in her beaded top. I’m sure the censoring was completely unneeded with her small chest. Casey S’s crying fit was ridiculous and reminded me of a 7 year old when their crying and you can’t understand a word they’re saying. And Jamie’s “seduction” scene had me rolling on the floor, it was priceless!

11. AJ13

February 7, 2012 at 1:10 PM

I’m just going to reiterate my comments on the RS FB page so everyone that comes here can give their 2 cents:
    1. It felt like Casey was almost coerced into a false admission of guilt. Chris Harrison should have had her at a desk in a dark room while shining a flashlight in her face, it would have better matched the scene.
    2. Last night, I posted on my FB that “any girl who rhymes ‘sauvignon’ with ‘blonde’ is a definite keeper. Again, I’m glad we are on the same page with Emily.
    3. The metaphors you used for Jamie…’disappearing finger trick’…wow, that was priceless, I was in tears.
    4. I’m surprised you haven’t mentioned this at all but…if you look at the majority of the girls and their body language…they are completely disinterested in Ben. I have only been watching for 4 seasons, but this is the most disinterested, aloof group of girls I have seen when it comes to the interest they show for their Bachelor…it’s like half of them don’t even want to be there, Courtney is really the only one showing any kind of interest (albeit in a crude, crass way). Again, thanks for making my late Tuesday mornings entertaining.

12. JovisMom

February 7, 2012 at 1:59 PM

@ AJ13 I couldn’t agree more about the girls’ body language towards Ben… I don’t even think Courtney is that in to him either…as long as she’s “winning” I think she will act like that.

13. hordac

February 7, 2012 at 2:01 PM

I too think that the black bars on Courtney were way overdone. I mean, were her nipples hanging out of that thing? I can’t imagine anything was visible. But, in defense of the other girls who would not go braless, I would say that for the most part, they have larger boobs than Courtney, which makes it more difficult to do that. Girls, you know what I am talking about. Even with implants, some support would be required! Gosh, especially if you are going to dance. Although Courtney is really good for entertainment purposes this season, she is a heartless bitch for slapping back the olive branch that Emily offered out. I understand being competitive in this environment but I don’t see how it would have dulled her edge to say just a simple thank you, and that the sentiment was appreciated. I still scratch my head over why Emily would put herself on a show like this. She is a class act which does not belong on this stupid show. I hope she finds great success!

14. Dak1928

February 7, 2012 at 2:24 PM

You make me laugh, Steve. Calling out people for being obsessed with The Bachelor is hilarious, coming from you.

15. cindy01

February 7, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Steve, this is a great recap of last night. Absolutely spot-on and hilarious!
    I do have to say that without Courtney on this season I think I would have already stopped watching. Ben by far is the most boring bachelor they’ve had on the show. I thought Brad Womack was boring but he’s a gem compared to Ben.
    I also found it kinda odd that Casey S had to leave…I mean c’mon…it was definitely for added drama. Pretty lame really.
    Well…one thing I’m looking forward to is the ATFR show…it’s going to be fun hearing from some of the women and believe me I have a feeling they won’t hold back.

16. wisewords

February 7, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Blakely said a very interesting thing in her radio station interview. She said while Courtney was calling her a stripper, it was Courtney who was taking her clothes off. Courtney’s personality is such that she exhibits a lot of what is called psychological projection. You can tell what she’s up to by what she is saying about others. Hide and watch and you’ll see what I mean.

17. wisewords

February 7, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Blakely also made me aware, again, of what a ruse this show is. They isolate those girls so much, deprive them of sleep, and fuel them with alcohol, that the atmosphere becomes cult-like. It explains why those girls would even fall for the Cave Man. The skinning dipping incident, btw, doesn’t seem like such a big deal when you think about what happens at the end of this show. The Bachelor sleeps with 3 different girls in a row, then picks one and proposes marriage. Would you accept a marriage proposal from a guy who just tried out 2 other girls? In real life, you’d kick him to the curb. Nobody does this stuff. This show is completely nuts.

18. lubozz

February 7, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Just listened to the Blakey interview and did anyone else notice she sure got a lot more “Southern” than she sounded in the house.

19. apf70

February 7, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Bravo Steve!! Although I was hoping you would say something about Ben’s most Shakespearean moment of the episode. That being when he declared:” Salsa is Sexy and Sweaty!!”

20. pennyfarthing

February 7, 2012 at 8:23 PM

I thought the same “uh, weird” about Courtney and Mystery of Room 1611. So much so that I wrote a post about it. I thought they all had roommates until after hometown dates!! Also, I agree that the blurring of Courtney’s tatas was just for effect. The native ladies weren’t wearing anything underneath, and neither was Ben. In this situation, I actually think Courtney was pretty badass for letting loose (but only because she has small breasts)… Someone with larger boobs would definitely want to wear some support and I completely understand this, esp for national TV.

21. RavenFischer

February 7, 2012 at 10:24 PM

There are many things I’d like to say about this episode, but I’ll limit it to one thing. While the girls were shocked at Courtney for flaunting her tits in front of Ben, I thought it was totally inappropriate for her to be shaking them in front of all the Embera children. Regardless of what they are “used to,” she should have been a bit more respectful of the situation and not called attention to herself in that manner. Disgusting…

22. mossygogo

February 7, 2012 at 10:33 PM

@joancallamezzo: couldn’t agree with you more. while i have been watching from the beginning, i have ZERO investment in these women. i want an entertaining show. the more bitchiness involved the better. i think courtney is hysterical and the limited amount of airtime she had this episode was noticeable. blakey and rachel’s date was painfully boring, and kacie b is a snoozefest.

i think courtney got a little stage 5 clinger on us though. it was oddly creepy seeing her get all ready and then sit and wait for ben. i don’t even think he took her “proposal” earlier seriously. one other think on courtney – does she have chunky legs? i mean she’s not fat, but they are kind of stumpy and cankley. and she looks like she might have gained some weight in those paparazzi photos.

poor jaime was too little too late. what i did notice about her this episode is that she is really pretty. like if she had stepped up her game earlier on she could have given courtney a run for her money.

and steve – i don’t get your lust/love/whatever for emily. her rap was pretty good during the extras, but she’s kind of cheesy looking. too much make up, weird eyebrows and other than her raps has nothing really witty or funny to say. guaranteed if you went on a date with her and she wasn’t allowed to rap, you would be bored to shit.

23. tamara

February 8, 2012 at 12:15 AM

did you guys notice what big bad ben whispered to courtney when invited him to her room? “return the favor?” guess RR called it right with what happened during skinny dipping

24. tammyindiana

February 8, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Casey’s “cry” sounded as if she is a distant relative to Chewbaca (sp?). ABC should throw in a few therapy sessions to all contestants as a parting gift, consolation door prize, for failing to land a husband after less than 24 hours of date time. Jeez, its the LEAST they could do. And Em is far to classy and smart to be part of this. But thank GOD we have her and her fantabulous rappin SkiLz. Bring on Eminem with some Em…..they could go toe to toe in a rap off! Now that’s What I’m talkin about!

25. mommyof2

February 8, 2012 at 6:53 AM

1. Ben=boring
    2. Jamie was hilarious! It was so obvious that she was drunk, and I’m sure she’s really embarassed about that last scene. She definitely talked too much and the whole thing with Ben was quite awkward. That being said, I thought she came off as funny, sincere, and quite likable. I wish they had shown her more this season. She seems to be a one of the only normal kind girls who was probably one of the only ones who wasn’t mean to Shawntel.
    3. Agree with “Wisewords” above about how hypocritical Courtney comes off calling Blakely a stripper when she was the one stripping in front of the cameras, Ben, and everyone else.

26. mommyof2

February 8, 2012 at 7:00 AM

I also agree with “Wisewords”comments about how ridiculous this show’s premise is. If you think about it, who in their right mind would say “yes” to a marriage proposal from a guy who’s been dating you along with multiple other women, and whom you know spent the night with 2 other women plus yourself all within the same week that he proposed to you? Ridiculous and absurd!!

27. carol

February 8, 2012 at 7:01 AM

Oh, the staged wait-up for Ben in Room 1611 was hilarious! It was too funny, right down to the repeated shots of Courtney checking her watch, à la the obligate photos taken of every groom right before his wedding.

28. cindy01

February 8, 2012 at 7:14 AM

@lily….thanks for the link to Courtney’s modeling photos…never seen them before. I do have to say that they were beautiful photos of her and very tasteful. I have a feeling that after all the episodes are shown people might feel different about her. I do doubt the girl is as bad as they show…but of course the producers want to make sure they have drama and good t.v.
    Remember everyone…it’s all about the ratings!!!

29. chynook73

February 8, 2012 at 7:48 AM

“Quit living your lives vicariously through what you see on TV.” Ummm, pot, this is kettle. You’re black! LMAO.

30. Elliemay

February 8, 2012 at 8:31 AM

don’t post much but thought i’d weigh in on ben’s girls…i think the blogger girl was perfect for him. don’t know why, really, but besides getting too drunk i think she really liked ben and they could have been a good match.

as for the current group, i still have to click on their names to remind me who they are .. like rachel, who is she? oh yeah, the blonde.. everyone is pretty much unremarkable.

i could not watch this show unless i had RS to keep me laughing and also to remind me how boring this show has become. i always do kitchen clean-up on commercials but now clean during the show, especially during the group dates.

i agree that none of the women seem into ben so it’s understandable why he is falling for courtney. but on the other hand, the women who were into him he drops like a hot potato… it seems like he has intimacy issues so he and courtney could be perfect together — as as soon as he puts a ring on her finger she will be leading him by the ring in his nose.

31. mama30

February 8, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Take it for what it’s worth. Yes, I read what Steve says about C & B still engaged. But my friend’s friend is one of Ben’s best friends…(that really makes it sound believable huh? Lol)…but anyway, the best friend says they broke up before the show even aired. Maybe they will play the “romance” out for the press and present a united front to everyone for awhile and only close friends know the real situation. Maybe they broke up but got back together? Regardless, this is what I heard. Could mean nothing but thought I’d throw it out there anyway.

My opinion on this season is this: Ben didn’t see himself marrying any of these women. So since his heart wasn’t in it, he chose with his…ummm…well you get the idea. He thought since he didn’t see himself in love with anyone, he thought why not just pick the slutty model and get to parade around with this hot chick for awhile and get some easy publicity for my company and of course other things that go along with dating a slutty model looking to become famous… 😉

That’s just how I see it. The guy is boring and weird looking (does it look like he’s had a bad nose job or is it just me??) and just TOO normal for this show.

One more thing…can I just say how PAINFUL it was to watch Jamie straddle Ben and have to hear her instruct him how to kiss??? “now you open your mouth then close it and I’ll open my mouth…”. So embarrased for her!

32. sarahlmsw

February 8, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Awe, Courtney is so happy that the paparazzi finally found her!

33. gloria

February 8, 2012 at 11:18 AM

While I’m sometimes amused or perplexed by the level of involvement or intensity of loves or hates by posters on boards, it’s a little funny for a Reality TV blogger to chide others/readers (!) on this score. I read and post while I’m doing things in passing: commuting on the train, eating lunch or am stuck waiting for a call or appt to start. RS, you devote quite a bit of energy and effort here, just a different kind than the Courtney Haters. I (mostly) enjoy what you do, but if you were someone I knew and cared about, I’d rather see you blogging about something that really mattered in the world. Pot? Meet kettle.

34. breeves

February 8, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Hmmm, Mama30’s comments about Jamie and the kissing fiasco made me think of something – maybe word among the other girls is that Ben’s a pretty awful kisser, so Jamie thought a tutorial might help!

35. morrigan0

February 8, 2012 at 11:41 AM

@gloria This is RS’s main source of income for a while now. He makes money for making snide remarks about a ridiculous show people claim to watch simply to follow his running commentary. Kudos to him for exploiting the possibility and making it entertaining for us at the same time.

36. gloria

February 8, 2012 at 1:37 PM

@morrigan0: Precisely. He needs the invested and devoted and expends energy on the ridiculous himself. The idea that he’s an armchair snide critic is a mode of explaining his relationship to a pretty silly world. I have no problem w/ what he does and people that are official Haters of a character on a show are not casual viewers whose primarily interest is sophomoric snark on the side. Also, just pragmatically, he needs the traffic from the devoted — including rabid Courtney haters.

37. gloria

February 8, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Aka: why bite the hand that feeds him?

38. mrsbreen

February 8, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Did anyone else notice that if Ben really did call Rachel “Emily,” it’s the exact opposite of what happened on Friends when Ross was marrying Emily and said the name “Rachel” at the alter? I watch way too much tv.

39. mtmom

February 8, 2012 at 1:56 PM

When they were on the group date and Ben had given out the rose and was giving his good night speech, Did you see how Courtney was grunting and rolling her eyes like she had somewhere else to be. Or she would rather be anywhere else than there. That’s why people shouldn’t like her. She’s totally fake and not into Ben, just “winning”.

40. appletonic88

February 8, 2012 at 2:14 PM

I agree that Reality Steve is hilarious, always a good read, but he doesn’t seem to like or appreciate his readers much. He can be downright mean sometimes. We all support you by reading your website; you could at least be tolerant.

41. appletonic88

February 8, 2012 at 2:15 PM

I also agree that it’s hard to hate Courtney when she’s the only funny and entertaining part of this season! Some of the stuff she says is actually kinda witty… She’s mean and spiteful but hey, good television

42. caboomer

February 8, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Eminemily should have been the next Bachelorette, not the other one…

43. mossygogo

February 8, 2012 at 3:13 PM

blah rapping emily is a bore when she’s not rapping! what is she going to rap for 10+ episodes? when she is talking she is such a bore. the only thing interesting about her is when she’s arguing with courtney. and i think that’s more courtney because everyone is enjoyable when they are arguing with courtney.

44. bachelorette

February 8, 2012 at 3:47 PM

I noticed Kacie B.’s obsession with grocery shopping as well, and it would actually make a lot of sense that she has an eating disorders still. Whether it be anorexia, bulimia, or otherwise, being obsessive about cooking, buying food, etc. does indeed signal an eating disorder. I have a sinking feeling she still struggles with this. For her sake, I hope not but it seems logical based on my extensive work in this area.

45. ms1fitchick

February 8, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Any chance you will be sporting a loin cloth for the live video this Thursday? You know, in honor of the Bachelor himself. 🙂

46. debb0

February 8, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Steve, did you drink too many Coors Light while writing this blog. Hmmmm…”But why she (or did you mean you) bothers someone sitting at home watching TV enough to verbalize your thoughts on the internet about someone you don’t know is beyond comprehension”. Gheez, don’t you do that for a living?
    Aren’t you so bothered with CH, MF & all involved with this show. A little contradictorary there, eh?

And what about, ” Oh that’s right, because all women are crazy. How could I forget?”
    Hey Steve, aren’t your readers about 99.9% women???
    Tsk, tsk.
    Pretty harsh tones in this blog. Not funny, come on back down to earth please.

47. louisa

February 8, 2012 at 7:56 PM

the sheer quantity of sexual slang in this post is insane.. how do you come up with this?

48. mossygogo

February 8, 2012 at 9:00 PM

@debb0 um 90% of women are crazy. and sadly complete morons with no self esteem or self respect when it comes to love. i mean poor emily’s self esteem is so poor she let ben tell her to “tread lightly” on NATIONAL TV. and that’s just the most recent example. men take advantage of and treat women like shit for one reason: because women let them! RS is 100% right with his comments and they apply to ~90% of the female population. wish this wasn’t true and makes me sometimes embarrassed that my fellow females don’t stand up for themselves more, but what can one do?

49. joancallamezzo

February 8, 2012 at 9:59 PM

@mossygogo Ummmmm…just no. 90% of women are not crazy and most women don’t let men walk all over them. At least not me or any of my friends or family. Most women are strong and confident and if they are made to look crazy it’s usually by a man who is trying to belittle and bring her down. And btw, it’s insulting to say that women get treated poorly because they let men treat them that way. Why not point out that a man shouldn’t treat a woman that way regardless of whether the woman would let them.

Also, you said that you’re “embarrassed that [your] fellow females don’t stand up for themselves more.” Well, I wish YOU would stand up for other women rather than defend a man who is putting them down.

50. karynr

February 9, 2012 at 7:30 AM

Just a few comments:

These women could care less about Ben, with the exception of Kacie, who is absolutely adorable, but in love with the idea of being in love. I think that’s the case with a lot of the women this season. I don’t see anyone really liking Ben, but he hasn’t shown much to like. Plus, they all caught on quite early in regards to his falling in lust with Courtney, so most of them could care less about going home.

I’ve already said too much about Courtney, so I’m not even going there this week. What you see is what you get, and this is one case where editing only has a small piece to do with the uproar.

As far as the pot calling the kettle black…..Agree completely. But, I’ve enjoyed RS for years, and like reading him more than watching the show at this point, but he could care less about any of us. Just continue to enjoy him and don’t take him personally. I genuinely look forward to reading his great critiques every Tuesday, and could care less what he thinks about me or anyone else!

This season is just the pits. It is a joke and I am watching it with a completely different mindset. Will this be a turning point in the franchise? What does everyone think? The current Bachelor is an idiot and the woman he chooses is……okay, still not going there.

What a waste of some really lovely women. I think they all deserve a redo! How about starting a petition asking for a second chance for all of them??!! After all, they were all cheated like I’ve never seen before on this show. Can you imagine a Bachelor Redo Show! How funny.

One last comment…..I’ve come to the conclusion that many women will settle for less than what they want just to be in a relationship, and most men initially care more about the looks and sex than anything else. No matter what the age or situation, those facts will never change.