The Bachelor 16 - Ben

The Bachelor Ben Recap Including Where Was Lindzi This Weekend, Ben & Courtney’s Song For the Season & the ATFR Taping Date

-Before the cocktail party, all the women are sitting around talking about how nervous they are. Except Courtney who seems to be bombed as usual. They know it’s a big rose ceremony, the mood is tense, yet Courtney doesn’t have a care in the world. She’s pounding her Pina Colada and giving her best Frank the Tank impersonation. “Oh my God!!! Soooo good when it hits your lips…lets liven it up. Lets get this party started.” This chick is an island unto herself. What a bizarre creature. I also noticed that everyone is barefoot. Nice. More foot fungus to go around for everyone.

-Uh oh. Chris shows up and says Ben’s mind is made up, no need to prolong the agony, the cocktail party is cancelled. A silence falls over the girls. Things just got real serious. Although Courtney’s thought bubble is probably something like, “Belize. B-U-L-E-E-Z. Belize. Or is it B-E-L-E-A-S-E. So crazy. Look at the butterflys. How do planes fly?”

Ben: “Loved Belize…incredible…best week of any…hometowns…meeting families is a big deal…before I start the rose ceremony, I was wondering if I could steal Courtney…” Ahhh, the magic of editing again. In last week’s preview for this week, and even previews earlier in the show, they show Ben holding one rose in his hand and putting it down on the stand, then a wide shot of him saying, “I was wondering if I could steal Courtney” making everyone think that he was down to his last rose when he asked to talk to her, when in reality, his mind was already made up and that was just a formality. Hell, they barely even showed what the two of them talked about other than the “Just want to make sure you’re here for the right reasons” question and her saying, “Of course I am.” Much ado about nothing.

Nicki: She was very excited that she gets to take him to Leddy’s and Billy Bob’s next week. I’ll share that story next week.
Lindzi: We get to see Ben ride a horse again next week? Outstanding. If it’s anything like how he rode in Park City, there’s a serious chance for injury next week. Can’t wait.

“Ladies, Ben. It’s the final rose tonight. When you’re ready. Rachel and Emily, the engines for your boats are running, we need to get back to the states ASAP. Hurry up and get out of here. And Ben, no need to walk either of them out. That wouldn’t be considerate at all.”

Courtney: She hops, skips, and jumps over to pick up her rose all while waving it around like a gold medal and winning over the millions of fans tuning in every Monday night.

In her exit, Rachel took a page out of Jennifer’s book and had the whole “gasping for air” while crying. I’d feel bad for her, but we’d already seen someone with that bit, so I figured they had an oxygen mask handy in case she needed help.

Emily certainly didn’t need an oxygen mask. I was just curious as to who poured the bucket of water on her face before she did her final interview. That’s a lot of tears for a guy who couldn’t even come close to beating you in horse. Emily says that “every time Ben drives on the Bay Bridge, he’ll think of me.” No honey, that would constitute him being able to multi-task. Impossible.

I’ve got some breaking news to share with everyone. Was given some inside information regarding the “extras” scene from this week. You know, the one where they showed Ben and Courtney on the temple and Terry the tarantula that they befriended. You see that thing crawling all up and down Courtney’s arm. Blech. I will have you know that my sources informed me the tarantula actually bit into Courtney pretty good and started sucking the blood right out of her, which immediately then had an ambulance on scene and things got messy with people being transported to the hospital. And it’s with a heavy heart that I have to be the one to break the news to everyone, but on the way to the hospital, Terry the tarantula passed away due to blood poisoning. He will be missed. R.I.P. Terry.

Back Thursday with your “Reader Emails” and “Dr. Reality Steve,” then Thursday night again at 9PM EST/6PM PST with another live video blog. Send your emails to: steve@realitysteve.com. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Or join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page. Talk to you then.

Page 6 of 6« First...23456

1. meandpj

February 15, 2012 at 5:14 PM

You are awesome!! My thoughts exactly on the tanktop! I was crying i was laughing so hard at his tank top with a pocket..he is such a tool!

2. mossygogo

February 15, 2012 at 5:43 PM

not sure if anyone has seen this, but courtney seems shockingly NORMAL!

i did LOL at her comment about hoping “there are some nice girls” on the show…

3. nana2jace

February 15, 2012 at 5:51 PM

The only way I will ever watch this show again is if after the final ceremony show, Ben looks at Courtney and says after watching her, he wants to break up. I understand reality tv, don’t take it real serious and just tune in for the train-wreck of it. But this season, for some reason, it bugs me. Maybe because Courtney is such an obvious plant or it means there are really so-dumb men out there such as Ben. I’ll miss the show – always enjoyed the ridiculous falling in love after 2 dates and what the girls would do but this season, we have been duped.

4. esayer

February 15, 2012 at 8:41 PM

First off, I think Courtney is hilarious. Everything that comes out of her mouth is hysterical and true. Everyone ripping on her are taking the show and her way too seriously. I think Courtney and Ben actually have feelings for each other, and I hope they did find love. We will see. Looking forward to ATFR. Second, my roommate is Ben’s masseuse in Marin. She said all the girls she works with love him, and whenever he comes in they all go gaga over him. She said it’s been that way since before the bachelorette. She said he’s cuter in person too. 🙂

5. FanofSteve

February 15, 2012 at 9:36 PM

I finally figured out why Ben insists on keeping his hair long … next time the wind blows, or the camera catches him at a certain angle, take a look at his ears: seriously, he’s more jug-headed than Prince Charles and actually closely approximates Alfred E. Newman of Mad Magazine.
    My vote for who Courtney resembles in the lip department is Susan Dey in her role as Laurie [if I remember correctly] in the sitcom “The Partridge Family.”
    Courtney = psycho; Ben = babble. Together, they are “psychobabble.”
    P.S. Can’t ANYONE teach Ben how to kiss quietly, without all those squeaky-sucking sounds?! Ewwwwww!

6. karynr

February 16, 2012 at 7:14 AM

Has anyone thought about what it would be like if Courtney, once she dumps doofus, ends up on BP3? How crazy would that be??!! Though, part of me thinks if Ben is having second thoughts, watching her behavior on the show these past weeks would help him save face ( just a little) if he ends up being the Dumper.

7. russellsfan

February 16, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Did I hear correctly Ben saying to Emily “I know smart girls don’t like being called smart.” Yikes.
    I vote for Courtney and Bentley.

8. ang23

February 21, 2012 at 6:33 AM

Ben is in need of a fashion coach. He looks awful in tank tops. He also needs a better hairstyle. He looks like a sloppy nerd with his sweaty and greasy hair parted in the middle.