Dr. Reality Steve

“Reader Emails,” “Dr. Reality Steve,” Live Video Blog Tonight, and Pictures of the Final Two In Switzerland

Another big batch of “Reader Emails” to get to. “Dr. Reality Steve” questions are on the last page as always, but I think my favorite “Reader Email” this week is the last one. I was so excited to answer it!
_________________________________________________________

Hi Steve,

I’m a 25-year old girl from Belgium, the country known for it’s chocolate, beer, tennis players and beautiful women (though not the tennis players). I started reading your blogs almost a year ago and don’t even remember how I found out about your site. The important thing is, I keep coming back.

We have our own version of ‘The Bachelor’ (as I suppose almost every self-respecting country has), but in Belgium things are a little different: The Bachelor only kisses the last two girls and does nothing more with them (not even skinny dipping!), none of the girls cried the last season and at the end of the show the guy just asks the girl to ‘keep seeing him’, there’s not a proposal in sight. You could say we Belgian people are a lot less romantic, but I would like to think we are just a lot more down to earth. When I watch the American version, I can’t believe how those women behave on tv. I just feel sorry for them most of the time…

Anyway, just wanted to let you know I really like your blogs, although I sometimes don’t get where you get the strength to answer some of the questions you get asked. That’s why I hope you don’t go banging your head against the wall because of my next question. It’s just for fun : What if…. You lose the law suit and the judge gives you a choice: pay a 50.000 dollar fine and stop writing your blog OR… be the next bachelor?

What would you do? And yes, you have to propose in the end

(Sorry If I misspelled some words, English is not my native language)

Greets!

Comment: Hello Belgium! Uhhhh, love your waffles.

I’m confused on the question only because of the monetary value. I’m guessing a judge isn’t going to fine me $50…ha ha. Pay a fine and stop writing my blog or be the next “Bachelor?” Regardless of what’s going on legally, no one can ever prevent me from writing about the show and making fun of it. That’s free speech. I would never be the “Bachelor.” They’d never ask, I’d never do it – it’s a moot point. I have no interest in ever appearing on that show for any reason whatsoever.
_________________________________________________________

Dear Steve,

I’ve written a couple a quick notes to you before, and I appreciated that I really got a direct response. Thanks! I did have a question for you regarding the alcohol on the show….

From what you can recall, have they ever had a girl on the show who did not drink? It seems that all of the girls pretty much have a glass or bottle of something in their hands, whether it is wine or beer, whether they are with Ben or not.

I was trying to think back, and I can’t recall a date where alcohol was not involved. Do you think they would cast a girl who was not into wine? I know plenty of girls who can have fun without alcohol, but it seems that every cocktail party (Yes, I know that is the name…) is filled with alcohol. I just wondered if the producers would even bother casting someone who did not drink. I wonder if that is a question in the interview… “Do you drink alcohol, how often, and do you like to get drunk?”

Thanks, Steve…great job on the website, video, everything. Makes it even more acceptable to watch such a silly show.

Comment: I’m sure there are people who aren’t big drinkers that go on the show. Can I pinpoint all of them out of 16 previous seasons? No. I’m sure they would cast someone who doesn’t drink and have before. Those people are called “fillers.”
_________________________________________________________

Hi Steve! I enjoy reading your column every week. It is definitely a pick-me-up during a long work day. I like you even more to know you rescued Maddie! I have three rescue dogs.

Questions:

1. If you had to be good friends with any of the past bachelors, who would you pick?
2. If you could have a one night stand with any contestant from all past seasons, who would you choose? Who would you take home to meet your mom?
3. What is your favorite place to take a date in Dallas? (i live in the Dallas area, so just curious)
4. If they ever have a Real Housewives of Dallas, would you write a column about it? (i know you haven’t watched the others)
5. How far do you think Ben and Courtney went in the ocean?… She must have been good if he is so crazy about her. I think she is funny looking…then again he is a greasy cave man.

p.s. I think you should ask Kellie Rasberry on a date….She has a similar sense of humor as you, is very pretty and makes her own money!

Comment: 1) Brad Womack

2) That’s impossible to choose just one person I’d have a one night stand with. Many good looking women have come through this show. I’m only allowed one? Geez. Ummm, I’d say Rozlyn has gotta be in the top 2 or 3.

Take home to meet mom? C’mon now. Read any of the columns this season? Hands down. Not even close.

3) Olive Garden. Kidding. Ummmm, I’m a sucker for steakhouses, so any of the good ones works for me. Also love Ocean Prime. So I’d say either of those two places.

4) Probably not. Just not into the Real Housewives franchise at all.

5) I’m guessing there was some tension that was released in that water. Had to be. I can’t imagine two fully naked people making out in the ocean just limited themselves to that.

Ask Kellie on a date? I could totally see myself having drinks with Kellie and shooting the sh**, but I’m not sure about a date.
_________________________________________________________

Steve,

I have been reading your site ever since I stumbled upon it during Jason’s seasn and I absolutely love your recaps. I am also glad that you still post stuff during the off season as well to keep us updated about things and provide entertainment. I was listening to your live blog the other day and really started to wonder about you. You said you don’t get your information from a list of different people and I 100% believe you and know that you will never reveal your sources. I have started to wonder though if you do actually work for Fleiss or ABC in the background.You guys are probably really best friends. Ok, well probably not! You wouldn’t have to get the information from any sources because you would know first hand about everything that is going on and what is happening during the show. It would make perfect sense to me if you did. You have added so much to the show and I am sure there are a number of people who just watch the show primarily because of your recaps each week.I know that is the case for me since this show has gone downhill in my mind. I would be interested to see how much you have actually helped with the ratings for the show.The only tricky thing is about the ongoing lawsuit, but that could just be for show because you even said in reader emails this week that the money is just a drop in the bucket for them. I am certain you would never admit to this accusation but I just thought I would share my two cents and also say that what you’re doing is brilliant and keep it up!

P.S. If you could address my email in the Reader Email blog I would appreciate it, even if you are just going to make fun of me

Comment: There is absolutely nothing “for show” about this lawsuit. Ask my legal team and theirs.

To suggest that Mike Fleiss is my source is completely ignorant.

Page 2 of 612345...Last »

1. Dianne

February 16, 2012 at 12:29 PM

I dunno, call me crazy, but don’t the pictures above of Courtney look more like professional modelling pictures (especially with the camera guy right behind her)?

Also, I cannot belive ANYONE thought the story Steve told about the spider biting Courtney was for real!

2. karynr

February 16, 2012 at 12:49 PM

I thought the same thing earlier. They look like professional modeling photos, but I’m sure they have hair and make-up people at their disposal to prepare for Final Rose (and take PR pictures).

I also agree about the spider biting story. I was laughing quite heartily at that one and find it hard to believe someone would take it seriously.

3. ChristineO

February 16, 2012 at 1:15 PM

“they’ve had some problems” DUDE!! the girl is a complete nutjob! seriously just plain crazy!! ya think he got it by now?? I know he is a bit slow but c’mon!!! LMAO

4. AJ13

February 16, 2012 at 1:41 PM

The more I read the reader e-mail columns, the less I enjoy them and I’ll tell you why: I understand why you are a condescending jackwagon to the e-mailers that ask the ridiculously dumb questions (Did the tarantula really bite Courtney, is Emily the next B’ette etc.), because as Reality Steve, that is part of your ‘schtick’. However, even with the e-mailers who ask legitmate well-thought out questions, you are a condescending dismissive know-it-all jackwagon. You are the king of saying ‘that’s a stupid question’ in a hundred different ways without actually saying it. I don’t know if I’m in the minority here, but it bothers me. Just remember: You didn’t start getting a huge following until you obtained a source to leak spoilers…without them, your site traffic would be what it was before you had a source; practically non-existent. I just think you should treat your followers with more respect. Just a little constructive criticism that I doubt you’ll consider, because the only opinion that matters is your own, right? Sheesh, end rant.

5. jfore

February 16, 2012 at 1:48 PM

I have avoided this site all season because I wanted to be surprised! lol But every week I get more and more annoyed that Courtney is still there and now I just read he PICKS her! OMG what an IDIOT…that’ll last a minute.

6. cindy01

February 16, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Not surprised one bit that they’re having problems but of course like Steve says we won’t find out the real truth until the reunion shows….boy, ABC’s ratings are going to go thru the roof when they air.
    I do have to say that the pic of Courtney in Switzerland is absolutely gorgeous….what a shame that she acted the way she did in front of millions of people. Just think what an advantage it would have been for her if she would have acted like a normal human being on the show, I bet then her phone would be ringing off the hook with modeling gigs. I wonder if her career has been tarnished now with all this negativity in the media about her.
    I will bet you money that at the reunion shows Ben will anounce they’re not together anymore.

7. MAC

February 16, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Ben’s nipples are freaking repulsive!! I almost feel bad for him. This season is so boring..Emily’s season will probably be even more boring. Guess I’m looking forward to Bachelor Pad.

Also wanted to point out – re: the dna/blood test – isn’t it possible that the current husband and the ex she cheated with could have the same blood types?? Just saying. It’s not like there’s 50+ blood types in existence! According to the all-knowing Wikipedia, 37% of the US population is O+.

8. karynr

February 16, 2012 at 2:47 PM

I’ve been reading a lot of breaking-type news this afternoon and wonder if the ATFR is going to be without one of the “winners”, or will it be a nasty free for all? This should be interesting. He’s mortified, but definitely an a##wipe, and would she show her face on national television after the past few weeks.

Whoever made the comment about how positive her exposure could have been was so right. If she wouldn’t have been so damn narcicisstic and mean, she could have had offers pouring in, regardless of “winning” or not. How ignorant.

9. wisewords

February 16, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Well said, AJ13. (We need a *like* button for good comments here!)

10. georgiegirl

February 16, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Why is anyone assuming that Courtney ISN’T getting bombarded with modeling offers? I doubt they care if a model is a nice person or not. I think they pick models mostly because they are “unique” looking. Courtney is definitely unique looking. Unique as in almost alien.

11. missmeghan

February 16, 2012 at 5:12 PM

I also agree AJ13. While i love the humor steve brings to this ridiculous show, he doesn’t show much appreciation for his fans that have made him successful. Last week he basically told us all off for hating on Courtney and to get a life and I notice the condescension in some of his e-mails as well. Stay real Steve! You have a lot of fans that love and appreciate all that you do- don’t put us down.

12. mchrisb

February 16, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Like others here, apparently, I was avoiding RS so that I could be surprised but the longer Courtney has stayed, the more I’ve wanted to come here and now, here I am. Since reading RS’ final spoiler, I’ve been trying to think of an up-side to Nitwit Ben choosing oh-so-ugly-on-the-inside-Courtney and I think I have it! Now, Ben has to sit and watch how vile and disgusting Courtney acted throughout. Less Blakely and the girl that made out with her, most of the women this season had some class and dignity, like Kacie B! Ben would have been so lucky to have taken Kacie or Rachel or Emily or anyone but Courtney back to Sonoma with him! Side note: poor Jamie O., I could have included you in my list of dignity keepers but … you know.

Well, Ben, you play, you pay – have fun with half of Hollywood’s reject left-overs(Courtney)! Kacie B, Rachel, Emily, etc – count your blessings! I imagine that you feel like Chantal from Brad’s season – like you dodged a bullet!

13. Dianne

February 17, 2012 at 7:03 AM

AJ13, you are TOTALLY the minority! If you don’t like what Steve puts out, then don’t read, and don’t comment. Steve Rules!!!!!!

14. jnalya

February 17, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Aj13 you are right on the money. Definitely their are persons who ask ridiculous questions and I truly understand his witty and condescending attitude about it. But there are persons who are asking genuine questions and he seem almost annoyed or tired of typing or something. I love this site I am here almost every Tuesdays and Thursdays but there is always room for improvement. The improvement is answering person’s geniune questions like you want too.

15. mixingmel

February 17, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I think this show will always be a complete joke unless they quite asking people that are obviously seeking “publicity” to be on their show in the first place and start asking the normal “joe/missy” What I mean by that is make it more real with real people have a matching chemistry locator like e-harmony or “match chemistry” to locate possible individuals that might be a fit FOR ONE. Just because someone is “hot” and has a good job is not an indicator of a good potential relationship,yea they help but these people that are placed on the show are OBVIOUSLY seeking publicity. They are obviously not interested in an actual relationship because they don’t even ask the most basic questions of one another and like Ben’s case was just out for a good time (based on his connection with Courtney, I mean REALLY?? if he was that immature to even PICK her then he is not ready and is not even capable of seeing/picking out a lasting true “partner”.) He is swatting at pretty flies catching them and then deciding if they are right there’s no rhyme or reason to his choices. And I don’t buy; well “Courtney was there to connect with “Ben” BS and why she couldn’t get along with others EVEN if she was dating the same man! Getting along with people you don’t necessarily like IS A VALUED life skill! If someone can’t connect/get along with anyone other than the person they are trying to “seek” then they have connection issues and mental shallowness which are not good qualities to have in a future companion. Courtney was the essence of “have a good time, in the moment” connection, which is perfect for the relationship incompetent person (Ben) that is out for a good time. GOOD CALL ASHLEY!!!

There should also be challenges within the show that offer a “dimension” of “team-work” AND “communication”, and I DO NOT mean like the bachelor pad OMG how stupid is THAT SHOW. Someone should come up with a real version of this show it would have so much potential. Bachelor and Bachelorette will always be a complete bomb and a complete stupid waste of peoples time until they get a real dose of “realism” to it.

Also, I think its sleazy to allow them to kiss each other or have intimate contact with one another until the end, its just trashy, I mean COMMON!

16. mixingmel

February 17, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Oh, and one more thing. Courtney is UGLY and has a mouth of a lizzard…. Just had to say that! What is wrong with that girls mouth besides her insane personality??? She’s gross all the way around, sleezy ho.

17. locondcoco

February 17, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Completely agree with AJ13. As much as I appreciate all the insite and info that RS provides, it does not give him the right to treat his loyal readers the way he does. You know whats more annoying than getting a repeat question? Reading RS repeat every post about how he’s had the spoilers right MOST of the time, how he always has them first and months before the first episode even airs, how no one credits him for the info, and how he can’t believe people still question him when he’s been pretty spot on with every spoiler. Thats nice. We know that. Thats why we’re here. We hate repetition as much as you do, Steve. Stop repeating yourself and we’ll stop it with the repeated questions.

18. Sue

February 17, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Two things:

1. Can anyone tell me who Kellie Raspberry is that a reader said RS should date?

2. For those who think RS is kind of a jerk in answering reader emails or in promoting himself in his column, what do you think about his Dr. Reality Steve responses? I’ve been pleasantly surprised at what a nice, reasonable, considerate guy he seems to be — definitely a kinder, gentler RS! Now I’m wondering if that is the REAL Steve and if Reality Steve is just a character he’s putting out there.

19. dketch

February 17, 2012 at 4:42 PM

I just got round to reading Sunday’s NYTimes – article called “The Roses! The Romance! The Roasts!” and it quotes Mike Fleiss as saying: “I try not to take it too seriously, whether people are saying ‘this is my favorite season’ or ‘I’m never watching this show again’ – WHAT I LOOK AT IS THE SHEER VOLUME OF THE RESPONSE.” That just goes to show you – he doesn’t care what the viewers think – you can hate Courtney, love her, or anything else about the show, but as long as whatever they put on the show, if it stirs up a big response (as it is definitely doing with the whole Courtney thing), that’s all he cares about. RS has had this show – and Fleiss – pegged from the beginning!

20. keekster

February 18, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Ummmm Hello? “Reality” Steve is not always accurate. I seem to recall a “I know with 100% certainty” result he shared that was completely WRONG.

And I agree with the masses – I rarely come here because of the condescending know it all attitude!

21. nikkineel

February 18, 2012 at 11:33 PM

My friend just ran into a friend of Ben Fs. Sounds like its a little dicey w/ Courtney.

22. nikkineel

February 18, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I just cant wait until Ben takes Courtney home to his family!!! His mom and sister in their pearl necklaces…they are gonna die! This is gonna be much better than JP and Ashley H

23. JovisMom

February 20, 2012 at 10:15 AM

@ Sue – Kellie Raspberry is a radio personality on Kiss 106.1 (or Kidd Kraddick in the norning) a radio station in Dallas/Ft Woth. If you go to kiddlive.com you can see pics of her and even listen to the phone. I know this because I live in Dallas.

I also completely agree w\ you on your second point.

24. JovisMom

February 20, 2012 at 10:15 AM

*morning
    * listen to the show

Sorry 🙂

25. mirabelleglass67

February 20, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Dear ABC please be more aware of the sequence in which you replay your “reality” footage. On more than one occasion i have noticed “movie” mistakes in the bachelor alone. Most recently tonight. example: when ben goes on courtneys home town date you show them meeting the parents first then doing the fake wedding but during scenes at her home they are both already wearing their grass rings. Now this would be ok seeing as tv is meant to portray things to be in a more appealing morder BUT while they are walking to their picnik WITHOUT the rings ben says to coutney that her parents are good people( or something to that affect)

26. mirabelleglass67

February 20, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Phone commenting messed me up but my point is that if you want us to believe in your so called reality shows then dont make it so damn obvious that you’re rigging things up and telling them what to say. seems like production companies are so focused on pulling in reviews that they have yet to hire a decent editor to actually catch those things. lame

27. russellsfan

February 21, 2012 at 7:08 AM

I think her lips are injected with collagen. Her mother’s top lip is very thin. It would explain the odd mouth thing Courtney has.

28. mags1022

February 21, 2012 at 7:50 AM

I too agree with AJ13…fans spend their time writing out questions and visiting the site and should get a thoughtful answer (or an answer period) to their questions. I love the site…keeps me entertained but I don’t think fans should be belittled for actually participating in the conversation.