Here are some more reader questions– note that there are a lot of them, but they actually are from myself plus my two sisters, as a joint email. Feel free to just pick and choose, and ignore some of them at whim, as I know this is a loooong email.
1) If anyone doubts your finale spoilers, they really shouldn’t have after the skinny dipping spectacle. Even if Ben wanted to pick Linzdi and her horses in the end, do you think he even could have? Can you imagine the “After the Final Rose” trainwreck- with Lindzi having dumped him by then (after seeing Ben’s underwater action), and with Courtney there giving him crap for going that far with her and then choosing another girl? I think he got trapped by his hormones and basically picked Courtney as his final one, on that skinny dipping episode. Most anti-climactic finale ever, even without your spoilers, in my opinion. Thoughts?
2) Why did they decide to go with Emily Maynard, over a current girl from this season– does she just have such a large fanbase, that it was better to go with her over someone that would be more currently recognized? Or do you think it was just a factor of the final four from this season being less interesting or less liked by the viewing public? Do any of the final four from this season feel ripped off (according to your intel), or did the girls from this season all say no (like Chris from Ali’s season did, thus them shopping in the Brad Womack dept, again)? They don’t usually go ‘back’ like this, to dig from previous seasons… were any of the girls from this season even asked or considered?
3) Why are there so many more “Bachelor” seasons than “Bachelorettes”? Wasn’t Trista’s baby-talk season right after Alex Michael’s, since she was the runner up to Amanda, there? Now they seem to do Bachelor-Bachelorette in succession, but why did they not do this back then? Did Trista’s season tank, rating wise, so they stuck with the Bachelors for a while, and if so, why did this change? I know they always went with “new” Bachelors back then, but it seemed the Bachelorettes were always cast-offs, so why wouldn’t they at least do one Bachlorette for each Bachelor season? Is it a ratings thing?
4) Will Shawntel Newton be on The Women Tell All, to have her say (*cough*Promote her book*cough*)?
5) You realize your fans are going to bombard Emily once she is allowed on twitter, with requests for her to go on a date with you, right? How do you feel about this? 😉 Would you consider it, even if she’d be a long distance romance?
6) During your trial, are you required to give up your sources? I assumed they’d ask you to provide that information, to prove that you aren’t in fact seducing people with cash, to violate confidentiality agreements…. Will you have to give that up, and if so, what does that mean for the future of spoiling, if the names get out (or if Fleiss then goes to the named people)?
7) Is traffic on your site at an all time high– not only given that you’d get more attention from the lawsuit, but also because you now have a live webshow that is number one on vokle, and because you’re just doing ‘more’ for your fans in terms of posts, updates and Dr. Reality Steve? You must have an all time high, readership….Is all of the new stuff you’re delivering for your fans, and the amount of time you’re spending on your blog, a consequence of you now doing this ‘full time’? This isn’t meant to stroke your ego– it’s a genuine question.
PS: Just as an aside and not necessarily for printing, given I know you get enough rabid fan mail (as well as hater mail) as it is. But I wanted to say that I’ve really noticed you delivering for your fans this year– your recaps have never been funnier, your reader emails columns never longer, I love the rebirth of Dr. Reality Steve, and the web show is hilarious and much better than Gossip With Getz and Reality Smackdown, to say the least. Just wanted to say THANKS– it’s great to have all of this stuff to read and follow, to get us through the lull and boredom of the work week. Your fans have really noticed how much ‘extra’ you are giving this year, and whether or not you are tired of hearing it, I thought i’d say the same.
Comment: 1) Yes, I think the finale will be anti-climactic because by the time it airs, I’ll have had who he picks out there for 3 months, and everyone pretty much saw it play out on TV that couldn’t be anyone BUT Courtney. But the ATFR show will be the main attraction because of the tabloid rumors and speculation about the their relationship status now. Both of them will have a lot to answer to.
2) Emily was chosen because she’s one of the more popular bachelorettes in the history of this show. People are infatuated with her and her life, which is why we were hearing about her 4 or 5 months after her season ended.
No idea if any of Ben’s girls are upset they weren’t chosen. They all have a bit of ego, we all do, so yeah, I’m sure some of them were bummed they couldn’t be the next Bachelorette. That’s natural. But nothing out of the ordinary.
3) They did two “Bachelor” seasons before the first “Bachelorette” with Trista. Then they did rotated seasons for two seasons when they did Meredith, then Jen Scheft. After Jen Scheft (whose season was a disaster), I think they did like 3 or 4 “Bachelors” before they brought the “Bachelorette” back with DeAnna. Ever since DeAnna’s season, they do one of each every year.
4) No idea if Shawntel will be there. Wouldn’t surprise me if she was, wouldn’t surprise me if she wasn’t.
5) If that’s what my fans want to do, then I can’t stop them. But I don’t think they will, to be honest. Kinda tough to answer a question like that when I don’t know a thing about her and vice versa. I don’t count what I see on TV. Sure, I like what I see, but I’m guessing there’s a lot more to her than that. She’s beautiful, smart, and seems normal (well other than appearing on this show in the first place). There are plenty of guys that will be after her once this is over, including tons from this franchise. She will have no problem finding a date.
6) Who says I’m going to trial? I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: RealitySteve.com is going nowhere. It’s business as usual on this site.
7) Well my traffic has gone up every single season since Jake’s, so it’s tough to pinpoint one thing in particular that’s driving it. Just every time a new season rolls around, people know where to come to get all the best information regarding spoilers, stories, commentary, etc. Word of mouth plays a big role as well. The more people tell other people who tell other people, etc the more eyeballs come to the site. I like to compare seasons to each other since they all air at the same time (Bachelor: January-March, Bachelorette: May-August). Jake’s season was big in 2010, then Brad’s season’s numbers absolutely destroyed Jake’s season’s numbers. So going into to Ben’s season, I was just hoping to duplicate the numbers we got for Brad’s season, or improve by a little bit. It’s not even close. We are doubling and tripling Brad’s season’s numbers. I’m shocked.
And thanks for the kind words. I’m glad we added the live video blog. That’s fun. And Dr. Reality Steve, even though it was a little light this week, has been a good addition as well. In the offseason, I hope to continue both of them, all while giving you updates on what’s happening with Emily’s filming.
I’m sorry if you addressed this, but was there ever an explanation for the scoreboard error shown in the baseball game?
Red: 5 1 0 2 2
Blue: 3 3 1 2
Blue team should have won after the 3rd inning…..
Comment: None. No explanation whatsoever. Don’t know what to tell ya. You make an unbelievable point and the game should’ve been stopped immediately making the blue team winners. A travesty!
We had two people send in raps about me. Are they better than Emily’s? Hmmmmmm….
I thought it would be funny to write you a rap, since you seem to really dig that. It’s no where near as good as Emily’s – I’m not that smart. Nonetheless, I hope you at least give it a small chuckle, since you’ve given me so many!
Thanks for all you do,
Reality Steve, that’s his name,
And unlocking bachelor spoilers, is his game.
Love him or hate him, he still sucks you in,
Can’t wait ‘til his Tuesday blogs begin.
He’s funny, he’s quirky, he’s super sarcastic,
He rips the show apart when all the girls go spastic.
Sometimes he gets pompous and even a little bratty,
But how can you not dig him and dog Maddie?
Answering the same questions gets annoying, I bet –
Like, hey I can’t figure it out, why is the pavement wet?
Do they give the girls make-up and provide their clothes?
I can’t find it anywhere, who gets the final rose?
I have an idea, how about you create a FAQ page?
23 seasons later, I think we’re past that stage.
He moves on without grace and answers with wit,
All those eye rolling questions, they’ll never quit.
So viewers watch the show, and think it’s a love story,
Then Steve tells how it really is in all his true glory.
The bachelor is edited, repetitive and makes us laugh
Chris Harrison is such a dork, but on his behalf…
He makes a ton of money for barely sayin’ a word,
And when he shows his math skills, it sounds absurd.
Mike Fleiss is even worse, but I’ll take his money, too,
Best believe, Me and Reality Steve could run this zoo!
So if you want the facts, nothing false, nothing fake,
Come to his site, because it takes the cake.
There’s nothing better out there, it’s the bomb,
One simple click – realitysteve.com
Or you also had this one…
So you were raving about DJ Em and her lyrical skills so i thought i would give you 18 bars all about you! It may not be as articulate as DJ Em but here is my best shot at it. Keep spoiling!
Let me tell you what I know about Reality Steve,
He’s got them spoilers on the Bachelor and Bachelorette for me.
If you can’t take a joke don’t even go to his site,
The way he clowns on all the leads has me laughing all night.
Every Tuesday I read the column and it is nothing less than hilarious,
All the skewed, slanted details are super vicarious.
Let me not forget to mention he can get a bit sophomoric,
If you do something stupid what he writes about you….historic.
His latest little craze is shawty DJ Eminemly,
A blonde that raps and majors in Epidemiology.
Em… yeah her flow is alright, but her minds not on the ball,
She’s letting Courtney skinny dip with her man and fondle his balls.
But enough about DJ Em let’s get back to the spoiler king,
His sources will never be revealed the art of good reporting.
Reality Steve is the #1 source for spoilers if you want to hear all the dirt,
If you want to miss out on accurate information…Alert you better avert.
Reality Steve here’s 18 bars all for you and it was pretty easy,
If I made you fall in love I expect you down on one knee.
Oh shot out to Maddie, how could I forget to mention your dog,
The column is even better when you bring her up in your blog.
Comment: Very nice effort ladies. I really appreciate it. Looks like Emily is gonna have to step her game up “8 Mile” style to compete with that. Lets see if she can. Or not.
On the 2 on 1 dates, is there just a cameraman there with them, or is there a producer there with them helping to “direct”?. It seems like it would be hard to have any personal conversation with a whole bunch of people around your table or what have you.
Comment: There’s cameramen and producers. Nothing about this show reflects normal dating life. This surprises you?
Really enjoy your sight and your video blog too .
I believe you’re “spot on” about Ben & Courtney. It’s Lindzi getting into the helicopter you can tell by the hair color. The Promo shows Lindzi walking up and it’s the exact same dress that’s getting into the helicopter. ABC seems to always show the 2 runner up’s footage in promos. That means Courtney WINS !
Do you know how many lead bachelor, bachelorette are married? Andrew Firestone , Jen Schefft , Trista, Bob G. (was married ,now divorced) & Jason are a few I have heard of. Any others?
Even though they were not leads on the bachelor bachelorette series, will Kiptyn & Tenley make it down the aisle?
Comment: Yes, I’m spot on. Have been since I told you about this month’s ago. The pics that were released yesterday that I posted today I guess are just some concrete proof for the non-believers. Sure, it doesn’t show who Ben proposes to, but considering you can visually see now that Courtney and Lindzi are the final two, do you think I’ve gotten everything else about this season correct, but am wrong about who he got engaged to? Me neither. It’s Courtney, and has been since Nov. 16th.
I can’t remember off the top of my head how many are married, but it’s not many. Firestone is, Jen Scheft is, Trista is, Bob Guiney was but got divorced, Jason obviously, DeAnna just got married…those are the only ones popping into my head right now. Probably more.
Yes, Kiptyn and Tenley are still together. Ask him when he plans on popping the question. I have no idea.