Dr. Reality Steve

“Reader Emails,” “Dr. Reality Steve,” Live Video Blog Tonight, and Pictures of the Final Two In Switzerland

Steve,

I wanted to start off by saying thanks for all the time you put into actually watching the show and writing your columns, I definitely look forward to them every week! I started reading around Jason’s season and while I’ve never actually contacted you, I thought that you might find this funny.

I work at a Wine and Spirits Wholesaler in Indiana and had an interesting phone call today. A lady called looking to see if we carried Envolve Wines or if I knew where she could find them. I had absolutely no idea what she was talking about, I had never heard of the brand and asked her where she has had it before. She went on to tell me that she is obsessed with the Bachelor and that the current Bachelor was the owner of Envolve and she knew that the wines would be great because Ben was so great. Needless to say, I had a rough time keeping myself composed and professional while I was on the phone with her. Turns out she watches every week with friends and wanted to surprise them by having this wine on Monday.

So, to everyone who can’t/won’t understand how this was a great business strategy for Ben, I hope that this will help prove your point in your columns.

Comment: Thank you for sharing that story. Yeah, and Ben went on this show to find a wife. Sure he did. How many times in the last 2 months has that guy tweeted about being in another city for “business?” The show was all about marketing his brand. I wish he’d just admit it.
_________________________________________________________

Hi Steve,

So i was watching your video blog on thursday and you answered a question that made me think. You said once the contestants get to L.A. they can’t have their phones, internet, newspapers, etc. But what happens/would happen if a major world event happened while they were filming? Would they let the girls/guys know even though their focus is supposed to be on the lead? If they would tell what do you think would have to happen to be considered as worthy information for the contestants to know? Just wondering, since i know the shows started in 2002 so it wasn’t filming at the time of 9/11 but there has been other world events since. Thanks and great blog!

Comment: The only time I remember that happening was during “Real World: Chicago” when the 9/11 attacks happened, and those kids all got to watch it play out. I’m guessing the same would go for the “Bachelor/ette” series. They wouldn’t not inform them if something major happened I wouldn’t think.
_________________________________________________________

Hi Steve,

Love your blog. I had strep throat this past week and your blog actually made me laugh, and helped me feel better.

My Question is: Do you know how Chantal O’Brien is doing? I loved her on the bachelor, she was so real. Ive tried to google her to see if anything comes up but nothing really.

THANK YOUU!

Comment: Chantal is still engaged to Jeff Razore and has basically distanced herself from this whole franchise. Doesn’t have a FB page, no Twitter account, doesn’t write blogs for the show, doesn’t go to reunions – nothing. Good for her. Probably in the 1% of the people who go on this show that haven’t stayed attached to anything. That says a lot.
_________________________________________________________

Hi Steve,

In your video blog you said that it seemed like the producers and Ben kept the other girls in the dark about Courtney skinny dipping with Ben. Just curious – why do you think they kept this from the other girls? This show seems to be a lot about drumming up drama between the girls and manipulating them to make better television and it seems that telling the girls, or hinting at it, would create more drama between them — which would make better tv.

Comment: Because I think the other girls would’ve all wanted to walk off the show if they found out that happened in Puerto Rico. Wouldn’t you? Wouldn’t you kinda feel like, “Well sh**, game over. There went my chances. He skinny dipped with a girl we all know he liked from the get go.” Can’t wait til Ben has to answer that one at the WTA. No answer he gives will be good enough unless he apologizes for it. And if he does, I guarantee it’ll be a “I’m sorry if any of you felt disrespected by that, because that wasn’t my intention at all.” And that’s not a good enough answer because he’s still justifying it. He should admit it was a mistake with so many women still involved in the process. But he won’t.
_________________________________________________________

HOLY COW!! What is up with those nipples on Ben?? Messed up!! Those things are serious milking nipples. Gross!! Did you notice this?? This has to distort the image of Ben to most normal girls. My wife and I just couldn’t stop staring, I had to freeze the TV to get a close look!! DISGUSTING!! How could the Bachelor allow this??!!

Comment: Sorry, I have not paid attention to Ben’s nipples at all this season. Should I have been? Is it that important. Some people have large nipples like giant saucers. Some don’t. To each their own.
_________________________________________________________

Hey Steve,

I have been watching the Bachelor/Bachelorette for around 8 years now. In the beginning I loved it but as time went on it seemed they picked more superficial people to be the bachelor/bachelorette and they never seemed to pick the genuine people, which made it look like one big show to make money, rather than being genuine and about finding love. When Jake got chosen as the Bachelor I wasn’t even going to watch. He was clearly all about putting on a show to be on TV, and I couldn’t even begin to comprehend how ABC couldn’t see through some of the people they were choosing. I googled spoilers to find out what happened in the end because I had no interest in sitting through a whole season of Jake. It was then that I came across your website and spoilers. Because of your site and reading your updates, I ended up watching the whole season. Then, even though I really didn’t like Ali, I watched that season. I only watched her season because your spoilers sold it to me.

Ashley’s season I actually wanted to watch because she seemed like the first genuine female they had since Trista. And Ben, well I don’t think he’s really even looking for a wife. He’s got his tongue down every girls throat even though they are about to get sent home that same night. Seriously . . . the show is only about money and ratings. The only thing that keeps it real, and keeps my interest in it, is your spoilers. I haven’t read up on what’s going on with ABC Sueing you other than a couple of paragraphs saying they thought you were making them lose money and ratings because of your spoilers so I wanted to offer my support to you in this because if it wasn’t for your spoilers, I would have walked away from the show 4 seasons ago. Good luck with whatever is going on there and please feel free to use this letter to support your case if it comes to that. I can’t speak for anyone else, but for me, you are the only reason I still watch the show. If you’re spoilers stop, so does me watching The Bachelor/Bachelorette.

Comment: Thanks for the support. I will keep people updated whenever I can regarding the lawsuit.
_________________________________________________________

Hi Steve! I hope my subject line got your attention! It is true, I happen to be a cunning linguist and also a fan of the Bachelor/Bachelorette and a HUGE fan of yours. You have a little group of gay fans out there, we love you! I have so much I want to ask you, but I know you like it short and sweet. Which brings me to Emily. I agree with you %100 about her…she is BY FAR my favorite contestant ever, for all the reasons you have stated. But I am glad she left, she deserves better, I hope you get to meet her one day. Okay, so here are my first two questions: 1- When do the contestants change their clothes, hair, etc. on the one-on-ones? If this has been answered, ignore it. #2- What the f**k is up with the music overlay? Why do they constantly play the same two sh**ty songs over each ocean panoramic? Do they have rights to this music? I’d almost rather hear “On the Wings of Love” over and over again. (Okay, maybe that’s taking it too far). You rock, Steve…I couldn’t get through this entire episode without e-mailing you and I don’t normally read blogs. I love yours. Congratulations!!

Comment: Nice! The lesbian community loves me. Can’t say I ever would’ve expected that.

1) The 1-on-1’s are basically an all day date. They have plenty of time to change once one part of the date is over and they have to get ready for the night portion.

2) Yeah, they do play the same music over and over again don’t they? I guess they feel that’s what works for them, so why change it?
_________________________________________________________

Hey Steve!

So Chris Harrison did an interview on the Bobby Bones Show this morning (on 96.7 Kiss)

A couple of interesting things:

~ Sounds like he isn’t a big fan of Courtney’s. He said for all guys to know that if a girl says she has no girl friends that it is a red flag

~ More importantly, when asked if he knew the spoilers out there he (of course) claimed that he doesn’t read them and doesn’t know them. He did say that he thinks any spoilers out there probably actually help the show by making people want to watch.

Finally~they recognize the truth!

Looking forward to the recap!

Comment: Didn’t hear the interview with Chris, but if he claims he doesn’t know them, he’s just flat out lying. He knows what’s being reported out there, he’s just trying to pretend he’s above it all. The guy is the host of the show. He writes a blog for the show. He knows what’s being said and what’s being reported. Just another way of him trying to pretend he buries his head in the sand when it comes to external forces.

Page 4 of 6« First...23456

1. Dianne

February 16, 2012 at 12:29 PM

I dunno, call me crazy, but don’t the pictures above of Courtney look more like professional modelling pictures (especially with the camera guy right behind her)?

Also, I cannot belive ANYONE thought the story Steve told about the spider biting Courtney was for real!

2. karynr

February 16, 2012 at 12:49 PM

I thought the same thing earlier. They look like professional modeling photos, but I’m sure they have hair and make-up people at their disposal to prepare for Final Rose (and take PR pictures).

I also agree about the spider biting story. I was laughing quite heartily at that one and find it hard to believe someone would take it seriously.

3. ChristineO

February 16, 2012 at 1:15 PM

“they’ve had some problems” DUDE!! the girl is a complete nutjob! seriously just plain crazy!! ya think he got it by now?? I know he is a bit slow but c’mon!!! LMAO

4. AJ13

February 16, 2012 at 1:41 PM

The more I read the reader e-mail columns, the less I enjoy them and I’ll tell you why: I understand why you are a condescending jackwagon to the e-mailers that ask the ridiculously dumb questions (Did the tarantula really bite Courtney, is Emily the next B’ette etc.), because as Reality Steve, that is part of your ‘schtick’. However, even with the e-mailers who ask legitmate well-thought out questions, you are a condescending dismissive know-it-all jackwagon. You are the king of saying ‘that’s a stupid question’ in a hundred different ways without actually saying it. I don’t know if I’m in the minority here, but it bothers me. Just remember: You didn’t start getting a huge following until you obtained a source to leak spoilers…without them, your site traffic would be what it was before you had a source; practically non-existent. I just think you should treat your followers with more respect. Just a little constructive criticism that I doubt you’ll consider, because the only opinion that matters is your own, right? Sheesh, end rant.

5. jfore

February 16, 2012 at 1:48 PM

I have avoided this site all season because I wanted to be surprised! lol But every week I get more and more annoyed that Courtney is still there and now I just read he PICKS her! OMG what an IDIOT…that’ll last a minute.

6. cindy01

February 16, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Not surprised one bit that they’re having problems but of course like Steve says we won’t find out the real truth until the reunion shows….boy, ABC’s ratings are going to go thru the roof when they air.
    I do have to say that the pic of Courtney in Switzerland is absolutely gorgeous….what a shame that she acted the way she did in front of millions of people. Just think what an advantage it would have been for her if she would have acted like a normal human being on the show, I bet then her phone would be ringing off the hook with modeling gigs. I wonder if her career has been tarnished now with all this negativity in the media about her.
    I will bet you money that at the reunion shows Ben will anounce they’re not together anymore.

7. MAC

February 16, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Ben’s nipples are freaking repulsive!! I almost feel bad for him. This season is so boring..Emily’s season will probably be even more boring. Guess I’m looking forward to Bachelor Pad.

Also wanted to point out – re: the dna/blood test – isn’t it possible that the current husband and the ex she cheated with could have the same blood types?? Just saying. It’s not like there’s 50+ blood types in existence! According to the all-knowing Wikipedia, 37% of the US population is O+.

8. karynr

February 16, 2012 at 2:47 PM

I’ve been reading a lot of breaking-type news this afternoon and wonder if the ATFR is going to be without one of the “winners”, or will it be a nasty free for all? This should be interesting. He’s mortified, but definitely an a##wipe, and would she show her face on national television after the past few weeks.

Whoever made the comment about how positive her exposure could have been was so right. If she wouldn’t have been so damn narcicisstic and mean, she could have had offers pouring in, regardless of “winning” or not. How ignorant.

9. wisewords

February 16, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Well said, AJ13. (We need a *like* button for good comments here!)

10. georgiegirl

February 16, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Why is anyone assuming that Courtney ISN’T getting bombarded with modeling offers? I doubt they care if a model is a nice person or not. I think they pick models mostly because they are “unique” looking. Courtney is definitely unique looking. Unique as in almost alien.

11. missmeghan

February 16, 2012 at 5:12 PM

I also agree AJ13. While i love the humor steve brings to this ridiculous show, he doesn’t show much appreciation for his fans that have made him successful. Last week he basically told us all off for hating on Courtney and to get a life and I notice the condescension in some of his e-mails as well. Stay real Steve! You have a lot of fans that love and appreciate all that you do- don’t put us down.

12. mchrisb

February 16, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Like others here, apparently, I was avoiding RS so that I could be surprised but the longer Courtney has stayed, the more I’ve wanted to come here and now, here I am. Since reading RS’ final spoiler, I’ve been trying to think of an up-side to Nitwit Ben choosing oh-so-ugly-on-the-inside-Courtney and I think I have it! Now, Ben has to sit and watch how vile and disgusting Courtney acted throughout. Less Blakely and the girl that made out with her, most of the women this season had some class and dignity, like Kacie B! Ben would have been so lucky to have taken Kacie or Rachel or Emily or anyone but Courtney back to Sonoma with him! Side note: poor Jamie O., I could have included you in my list of dignity keepers but … you know.

Well, Ben, you play, you pay – have fun with half of Hollywood’s reject left-overs(Courtney)! Kacie B, Rachel, Emily, etc – count your blessings! I imagine that you feel like Chantal from Brad’s season – like you dodged a bullet!

13. Dianne

February 17, 2012 at 7:03 AM

AJ13, you are TOTALLY the minority! If you don’t like what Steve puts out, then don’t read, and don’t comment. Steve Rules!!!!!!

14. jnalya

February 17, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Aj13 you are right on the money. Definitely their are persons who ask ridiculous questions and I truly understand his witty and condescending attitude about it. But there are persons who are asking genuine questions and he seem almost annoyed or tired of typing or something. I love this site I am here almost every Tuesdays and Thursdays but there is always room for improvement. The improvement is answering person’s geniune questions like you want too.

15. mixingmel

February 17, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I think this show will always be a complete joke unless they quite asking people that are obviously seeking “publicity” to be on their show in the first place and start asking the normal “joe/missy” What I mean by that is make it more real with real people have a matching chemistry locator like e-harmony or “match chemistry” to locate possible individuals that might be a fit FOR ONE. Just because someone is “hot” and has a good job is not an indicator of a good potential relationship,yea they help but these people that are placed on the show are OBVIOUSLY seeking publicity. They are obviously not interested in an actual relationship because they don’t even ask the most basic questions of one another and like Ben’s case was just out for a good time (based on his connection with Courtney, I mean REALLY?? if he was that immature to even PICK her then he is not ready and is not even capable of seeing/picking out a lasting true “partner”.) He is swatting at pretty flies catching them and then deciding if they are right there’s no rhyme or reason to his choices. And I don’t buy; well “Courtney was there to connect with “Ben” BS and why she couldn’t get along with others EVEN if she was dating the same man! Getting along with people you don’t necessarily like IS A VALUED life skill! If someone can’t connect/get along with anyone other than the person they are trying to “seek” then they have connection issues and mental shallowness which are not good qualities to have in a future companion. Courtney was the essence of “have a good time, in the moment” connection, which is perfect for the relationship incompetent person (Ben) that is out for a good time. GOOD CALL ASHLEY!!!

There should also be challenges within the show that offer a “dimension” of “team-work” AND “communication”, and I DO NOT mean like the bachelor pad OMG how stupid is THAT SHOW. Someone should come up with a real version of this show it would have so much potential. Bachelor and Bachelorette will always be a complete bomb and a complete stupid waste of peoples time until they get a real dose of “realism” to it.

Also, I think its sleazy to allow them to kiss each other or have intimate contact with one another until the end, its just trashy, I mean COMMON!

16. mixingmel

February 17, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Oh, and one more thing. Courtney is UGLY and has a mouth of a lizzard…. Just had to say that! What is wrong with that girls mouth besides her insane personality??? She’s gross all the way around, sleezy ho.

17. locondcoco

February 17, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Completely agree with AJ13. As much as I appreciate all the insite and info that RS provides, it does not give him the right to treat his loyal readers the way he does. You know whats more annoying than getting a repeat question? Reading RS repeat every post about how he’s had the spoilers right MOST of the time, how he always has them first and months before the first episode even airs, how no one credits him for the info, and how he can’t believe people still question him when he’s been pretty spot on with every spoiler. Thats nice. We know that. Thats why we’re here. We hate repetition as much as you do, Steve. Stop repeating yourself and we’ll stop it with the repeated questions.

18. Sue

February 17, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Two things:

1. Can anyone tell me who Kellie Raspberry is that a reader said RS should date?

2. For those who think RS is kind of a jerk in answering reader emails or in promoting himself in his column, what do you think about his Dr. Reality Steve responses? I’ve been pleasantly surprised at what a nice, reasonable, considerate guy he seems to be — definitely a kinder, gentler RS! Now I’m wondering if that is the REAL Steve and if Reality Steve is just a character he’s putting out there.

19. dketch

February 17, 2012 at 4:42 PM

I just got round to reading Sunday’s NYTimes – article called “The Roses! The Romance! The Roasts!” and it quotes Mike Fleiss as saying: “I try not to take it too seriously, whether people are saying ‘this is my favorite season’ or ‘I’m never watching this show again’ – WHAT I LOOK AT IS THE SHEER VOLUME OF THE RESPONSE.” That just goes to show you – he doesn’t care what the viewers think – you can hate Courtney, love her, or anything else about the show, but as long as whatever they put on the show, if it stirs up a big response (as it is definitely doing with the whole Courtney thing), that’s all he cares about. RS has had this show – and Fleiss – pegged from the beginning!

20. keekster

February 18, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Ummmm Hello? “Reality” Steve is not always accurate. I seem to recall a “I know with 100% certainty” result he shared that was completely WRONG.

And I agree with the masses – I rarely come here because of the condescending know it all attitude!

21. nikkineel

February 18, 2012 at 11:33 PM

My friend just ran into a friend of Ben Fs. Sounds like its a little dicey w/ Courtney.

22. nikkineel

February 18, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I just cant wait until Ben takes Courtney home to his family!!! His mom and sister in their pearl necklaces…they are gonna die! This is gonna be much better than JP and Ashley H

23. JovisMom

February 20, 2012 at 10:15 AM

@ Sue – Kellie Raspberry is a radio personality on Kiss 106.1 (or Kidd Kraddick in the norning) a radio station in Dallas/Ft Woth. If you go to kiddlive.com you can see pics of her and even listen to the phone. I know this because I live in Dallas.

I also completely agree w\ you on your second point.

24. JovisMom

February 20, 2012 at 10:15 AM

*morning
    * listen to the show

Sorry 🙂

25. mirabelleglass67

February 20, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Dear ABC please be more aware of the sequence in which you replay your “reality” footage. On more than one occasion i have noticed “movie” mistakes in the bachelor alone. Most recently tonight. example: when ben goes on courtneys home town date you show them meeting the parents first then doing the fake wedding but during scenes at her home they are both already wearing their grass rings. Now this would be ok seeing as tv is meant to portray things to be in a more appealing morder BUT while they are walking to their picnik WITHOUT the rings ben says to coutney that her parents are good people( or something to that affect)

26. mirabelleglass67

February 20, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Phone commenting messed me up but my point is that if you want us to believe in your so called reality shows then dont make it so damn obvious that you’re rigging things up and telling them what to say. seems like production companies are so focused on pulling in reviews that they have yet to hire a decent editor to actually catch those things. lame

27. russellsfan

February 21, 2012 at 7:08 AM

I think her lips are injected with collagen. Her mother’s top lip is very thin. It would explain the odd mouth thing Courtney has.

28. mags1022

February 21, 2012 at 7:50 AM

I too agree with AJ13…fans spend their time writing out questions and visiting the site and should get a thoughtful answer (or an answer period) to their questions. I love the site…keeps me entertained but I don’t think fans should be belittled for actually participating in the conversation.