Let me just preface this by saying that I would never want to be BFFs with Courtney.
Now that we have that out of the way, I would just like to say I can’t figure out why no one wants to believe that Ben chooses Courtney. Remember last season when Ashley said something to the effect of having to act so people can’t figure out who you chose? She said that she felt like it was very obvious who her final one was. Well, considering that she is a dentist, she is obviously very intelligent. So if she couldn’t hide her F1, how could Ben hope to?
It’s clear the Ben picked Courtney because they are on the same level of maturity and intelligence. On a scale of 1-20, with one being remedial and twenty being a genius, B&C are a 3. He is indeed picking her with his penis, not with his brain. Even if she weren’t a model, I’d still expect him to wind up with her. All the other women there, especially Emily (she has a PHD for crying out loud!) are so much more intelligent than Ben. Of course being the simpleton that he is, he can’t handle dating someone smarter than he is, so he chose the only girl this season who is on his level. Even if that was a subconscious choice, it’s very clear that he is intimidated by the intelligent women.
I’d say his aha moment was on last night’s show when he said sitting there with her he had a moment of ‘rational clarity’ or whatever he said. The writing is on the wall, and if anyone thinks he didn’t pick Courtney, they aren’t watching the same show we are.
With all that said, as much as these women are more intelligent and appealing than Courtney is, I would LOVE if one, just one of them, would get fed up with Ben and leave. It kind of makes me sick to see them all drooling over an ugly tenth grade reading and comprehension level boring troll. Whatever floats their boat I guess, but it would be seriously entertaining if a few of them walked out.
Just wanted to say that while it may be disappointing to some that she is the F1, but not any bit surprising. And for the record, Courtney may not play well with others, but she sure is entertaining when she isn’t doing her “feel sorry for me” bits.
Comment: Without a doubt it’s been the Courtney show for 7 weeks. Love her or hate her, she strikes a nerve with everyone watching, and that’s what they want. She’s the water cooler talk every Tuesday morning, she’s in all the tabloids, and she’s a lightning rod for controversy. She’s given them exactly what they wanted.
did the tarantula really bite courtney?
Comment: Yes. Like 100 times. It wouldn’t let go. Thankfully they got 10 paramedics in there to finally pull Terry off her. It was a struggle, but thank God they did. Yay emergency team!
I’m just reading your column and love your “Lost” references! I miss that show too. Have you watched the new show The River yet? Its supposed to be similar to Lost….
anyway, random question for you for your reader email section! Have you heard of that game (not sure exactly what it’s called) Marry, Screw, or Kill? It’s where you list off three people to someone and they have to say of those three who they would choose to marry, who they would screw, and who they would kill. So I want to ask you who would you marry, screw or kill of the following ladies:
Courtney (this season)
Emily (this season)
The Kardashian sisters:
And finally the Jershey shore hoe-bags:
Comment: The Bachelor: Emily – Marry. Michelle – Screw. Courtney – Ummm, make out with. I don’t need to kill anybody.
90210: Kelly – Marry. Screw – Valerie. Kick out of bed – Brenda.
Kardashian sisters: I’d bang the two hot ones and make the wookie sleep on the couch.
Jersey Whores: Well, I don’t want to marry any of those chicks. Please. I’d bang JWoww, make out with Sammi, and throw Snooki off the pier.
Can you belise this episode? LOL they used the ” Belise” line so many times in the show ahhh! anyways…
1. I’ve noticed the past couple episodes that courtney is very outgoing at the cocktail parties? While the other girls are freaking out “Omg am I going to get a rose!” Do you think she already knows Ben is going to pick her?
2. I also thought it was weird how Ben didn’t have a cocktail party… but then during the rose ceremony wanted to talk to courtney? wouldn’t it be better to actually have a cocktail party. This show is dumb!!!! Do you think it was so they could do the edit with last weeks preview?( so the audience would think courtney was going home)
PS: Can’t believe (belise) Emily went home I really liked her. Would loveeee to be in the readers emails.
Comment: 1) I’m sure Courtney had a very good idea Ben was gonna choose her. For Christ sakes, he went skinny dipping with her about a month after meeting her. She had to have a pretty good idea that he wanted her lady parts.
2) I’m sure that’s exactly why they did it.
Well, you made it. You made the “Reader Emails.” Is your life complete now? I bet it is.
When on a date, if the lead or the girl he is with happen to see something cool they want to do or place they want to eat can they deviate off of the original planned date or do they have to stick to timelines and activities given to them by producers?
Comment: No. There’s no spontaneity whatsoever on this date outside of something happening out of their control. Like that one dog peeing right in front of Constantine and Ashley on their date last season. But in terms of what to do on any of the dates, that’s all planned ahead of time. I’m guessing the only thing that could possibly change things up would be a massive weather change right in the middle of the date. But we even saw that with Ben and Nicki’s date in Puerto Rico, and all they did was change clothes and the weather was temporary.
Just wanted to let you know that I LOVE your blog. I look forward to Tuesdays and Thursdays because of you! Anyway my questions was how do the women decide who gets to read the date card out loud? It seems like they are always conveniently together when it arrives, so my guess is that the producers tell them who reads it? Thanks for all your spoilers, you are the only reason I watch this show!
Comment: I don’t really have a clue how they choose who reads it. I also think this could be the least important question anyone has ever asked about this show. Who cares who reads it?
You are awesome, and you make this show worth watching!! I think I look forward to reading your columns more than I actually care about watching the show… thanks for the great entertainment you provide! Here are some of my questions/thoughts:
1. Do you think the producers are disappointed that Ben didn’t “buff up” at all for this season? I mean, all of the Bachelors we’ve had in the past (despite how boring/lame/dysfunctional they were) have at least been a little eye candy for all of the devoted and delusional viewers! Even though Jason was a skinny thing, he had a few muscles. I mean, if Emily showed up to film her season and had gained 20 lbs, I feel like they would have a serious problem with that… not that she will because girls are way more self-conscious about what they are gonna look like on tv. I just wonder if there is anything in their contracts in reference to the lead person’s physical appearance/weight. I have noticed that they haven’t shown as much of Ben with his shirt off as they have the other guys… and I completely understand why!
2. I know that they do so many in depth screenings of the contestants before they let them on the show, but I don’t know if I really believe that all of the people on this show are STD free. Come on… you know some of them have to be carrying SOMETHING!!! There is just no way that they’re not!
3. I was so mad about the way things ended with Emily. Of course I knew it was coming, thanks to your spoilers… I still got mad. Ben didn’t even have the decency to have a conversation with her after she didn’t get a rose!!! I thought that they had a little bit more of a connection than that, and he didn’t even talk to her! He literally chased Blakely out the door last week, but doesn’t give Emily any kind of explanation as to why he let her go (at least we didn’t get to see it if he did). And of course Courtney makes that snarky little remark as Emily is walking away… I guess Ben didn’t notice it?! I adored Emily (and totally understand why she is your fave), and feel like she deserved a little bit more closure than she was given.
4. Do you think the producers toyed with Courtney at the beginning of the week, making her think that she wasn’t gonna get a one-on-one date? I know that they manipulate these girls so badly… I can just picture them telling Courtney that Linzi, Emily and one of the others were getting one-on-ones just to get her to say those things in her ITM and pout about not getting a date. It’s kind of a fun game to try and think of the things the producers say to the women to get them to say the things they do. I can just imagine them saying to a girl who has just been rejected: “So how does it feel to realize that now you’re going to be alone for the rest of your life” just to get her to be more upset. The more I learn from you about all that they do behind the scenes makes me think that they have no soul. Awful…
5. I am DYING to see the episode where Courtney meets Ben’s family. Ben has a sister, and I am so interested to see how his sister feels about Courtney. Does his sister get the same vibe from Courtney that all the other women she has been in contact with on this show have gotten? I mean comparing Courtney and Lindzi, I don’t see how his family could possibly like Courtney more than Lindzi unless she completely pulls the wool over their eyes. But now that his family is watching the show and sees what all of us see, I wish we could know what they are thinking about their new “daughter/sister-in-law-to-be” (of course I say that with the utmost Reality Steve sarcasm because there is no way this will ever work out)!!
Comment: 1) Well, Lorenzo didn’t buff up for his season and they cast him. I think normally they do like casting guys who seem to be in good shape, but its obviously not a prerequisite. Not everyone is an egg-white eating, protein shake slamming health nut like Brad, and not everyone is an average Joe like Ben. I actually like that they mix it up a bit.
2) I’m guessing they’d have a giant lawsuit on their hands if they are knowingly casting someone with an STD and that person happened to pass it on to someone else. So no, these people don’t have STD’s while on the show. Once they’re off the show and start sleeping with a bunch of other people from other seasons? All bets are off.
3) Not sure why Ben chased after Blakeley but didn’t have the decency to walk Emily or Rachel out. Oh wait, yes I do. He’s a total douche.
4) I’m sure they did. And they purposely made sure she got the last 1-on-1 to make her squirm seeing Lindzi and Emily get theirs.
5) It’s going to be quite an interesting final episode seeing what Ben’s mom and sister think of Courtney. But you know what? It really won’t matter. Ashley’s sister HATED JP, didn’t see the connection, LOVED Ben, and she still chose JP.
Hi Steve! Love your blog and LOVE the live video blogs! I just had a question regarding Ali Fedotowsky’s Bachelor re-cap blog. (link below) This week she is trying so hard to convince her readers that Lindzi is the girl Ben picks in the end. She even claims to have “details coming next week.” She had been saying it was Courtney ALL season long, now she suddenly switches and even compares it the the Chantel/Emily switch last season. Do you think someone at ABC is making her push the Lindzi thing so much since it is WAY too obvious he picks Courtney and they want to keep some sort of mystery surrounding the finale?
Comment: I did read Ali’s blog and have no idea why she’s saying that. If she’s gonna try to convince her readers that Ben picks Lindzi in the end, well, then she’s gonna be wrong. Maybe it has more to do with she’s reading all the tabloid speculation and just thinks they’re broken up, so she’ll allude to that. I can’t imagine she’ll flat out say “Ben doesn’t pick Courtney, he’ll pick Lindzi.” She’s gotta know better than that.
Just thought I’d share one of my fave moments from Monday night’s show. Ben and Lindzi are walking down the dock to have dinner and when Lindzi reaches the place where the pillows/food/blankets are set-up, she turns to Ben and says “Is this us?” Seriously??? No, it’s for the other couple that’s here being filmed on a reality dating show. I think you should start some sort of repository on your site for dumb comments like these. I know they’re few and far between :), but I’m sure you’d be able to get a pretty good list going.
I do have a question about something from last week. When Casey left, the show made it look like she went right from Ben’s room to the car. Who packed up her stuff? Did she get to go back to the room after Chris announced to the other girls that she was leaving?
Comment: Ha ha…I missed that line from Lindzi. Dammit. I should’ve paid more attention. Maybe I was still trying to see about a nip slip from them jumping out of the helicopter.
When people leave in the middle of the show, they always get to pack their stuff and go, we just don’t get to see it. What would be the fun in that? I think we actually got to see Rozlyn go back up to her room and grab her suitcase, but can’t exactly remember. I know she didn’t just leave. But watching someone pack their bags really isn’t riveting TV, so that’s why they don’t show it.
You mentioned in your recap that it’s a giant red flag if a woman has only guy friends and no girl friends (a la Courtney). Do you think the reverse (a woman having only girl friends and no guy friends) is also a red flag? And if so, why?
Comment: Yes, because I think women should have a balance of both male and female friends. All male friends just means she’s got a lot of guys that she’s either banged and kept around, or they’re still around because they want to bang her. All female friends and no guy friends, has never sat well with me either. Just seems like if she’s not friends with any ex’s or couldn’t end on good terms enough to where they’re a friend anymore, it makes me think she could be a giant bitch who uses men and once she’s done with them, she’s done for good. Did that make sense? Good. Didn’t to me either. I just look for someone who has an equal amount of friends of both sexes.
I know you can’t give out details, but can you at least tell us if you dated Holly Durst? I heard that you did, that’s why. I know you said on your webshow that you can’t stand her, but I remember all of those interviews you had with her on your site. So when did this happen that you two fell out? Just at least tell us if you guys dated?? She’s dated everyone else, it wouldn’t be a surprise lol.
Also from that “twitter clique” do you still talk to Deanna? I think the fourth member was Jeremy, is that right? Just wanted to know why that clique ended and whether you dated Holly!
Comment: No, I never dated Holly. I’ve only met her once in my life. Never dated her, never asked her out on a date, nor did I ever plan to. We were friends. Key word being “were,” and I’ll leave it at that.
Haven’t spoken to DeAnna much since she got married. Jeremy I speak to more frequently just because he’s here in Dallas and it’s just easier to.
And last but certainly not least…
This question is for Reality Steve please!
I am hearing rumours that EMILY is the next Bachelorette! Would Steve ever enter as a contestant? I think he should, and he should do a RAP for her coming out of the limo, to win her heart.
I think it’s weird they would announce this so soon after Emily just leaving the show this week! Did she literally just get asked in the limo during her exit? I wonder why they would ask her instead of the runner up, did Steve have somethign to do with it? lol.
Comment: YES! The rumors are true! Crazy isn’t it? Like, they knew they wanted her so bad, they probably asked her as she was walking the pier back to the boat in Belize, and she agreed to it right there.
And I was gonna wait to reveal this, but I might as well now. I’m cast on next season’s “Bachelorette.” I’m totally gonna win Emily over. Can’t wait! I got a whole rap planned for my limo exit and everything. I just KNOW I’m gonna get the first impression rose. Wish me luck!