The Bachelor 16 - Ben

The Bachelor Recap Including the Emily Teaser, Who Returns Next Week, and An Exclusive on What Lindzi Will Ask Ben

-I think this is the first season in a while where they showed the hometown dates in the exact order they were filmed. Usually they mix it up for editing purposes, but not this time. Lindzi’s was filmed on Oct. 25th, Kacie’s on Oct. 27th, Nicki’s on Oct. 29th, and Courtney’s on Oct. 31st. I think I can also say this is the first season in a while that didn’t have any crazy ass family members on hometown dates. What’s happening to this show? Just when you figure Courtney’s family might take hometowns to a completely other level, they didn’t. Kacie’s parents might be a little on the conservative side, but nothing too crazy at all. And I’m guessing most people loved seeing Nicki’s dad last night and how he handled himself. So Ben headed to Ocala, Fla to meet Lindzi’s parents, who were also perfectly normal. And yes, I’m fully aware that Lindzi’s dad’s name is Harry. And their last name is Cox. Which…drumroll please…makes him Harry Cox. Gee, ya’ think maybe he’s heard that joke once or a trillion times in his life? Must’ve gotten old after about the 5th one, so I won’t pile on. Harry Cox. Brutal. I guess it’s better than Dick Hurtz, Jack Meoff, Howie Feltersnatch, or Barry A. Dickiner.

-Lindzi informs us she’s only brought one guy home to meet her parents before. Apparently it was that douche who wrote the “Welcome to Dumpsville” text that we had to hear about, ohhhhhh, 100 times during this date. Well, we didn’t actually hear any details about him or what he did, just that we had to hear how much he broke her heart. So Lindzi arrives on horseback, just like she did on the first night. Except this horse is white and named Devon. Lindzi is also wearing a giant belt buckle with her jeans showing us her country side. That’s some belt buckle. I almost mistook her for the intercontinental champion. Lindzi is all about horses. She says she’s been riding them since before she could walk, which made no sense whatsoever. I’m guessing 2 year old Lindzi wasn’t straddling a horse and roaming the countryside back in the day. Just saying. “If Ben wants to end up with me, horses will be part of our life.” We get it. Your life revolves around horses. And Marlboro reds.

-Hey, it’s metaphor time! We haven’t heard one of these in, what, at least a week? “The old saying with horses is if you fall off, you get back on. Love’s the same way.” Yes, I agree. You get dumped by text, you ignore it, and move on. Not tell all of America how much it affected you during the most important date of the season. But apparently Lindzi can’t help herself. “Every time I put myself out there, and throw caution to the wind, it ends in heartbreak.” That sounds like such a canned line. Especially for someone whom we’re hearing has only had one serious relationship, and has had only one guy ever to meet her parents. So why is she spewing a bunch of “every time I throw myself out there” crap? I don’t get it. Probably no different than four sets of parents agreeing that Ben is perfect for their daughter after knowing him a total of 37 minutes. I’m fascinated by the hometown dates every season. Every season it’s the same thing. Sure, on the rare occasion, you’ll get the family that’s completely against it, but for the most part, these are about 10-12 hour days with the family and by the end of the day, every family member loves the lead and eventually gives a blessing for them to whisk their child away and marry them off. Kinda neat how this show is based so much in reality, isn’t it?

-Hey guess what? Lindzi is talking about her ex again. “We broke up a year ago.” Wonderful. I think we’ve been made well aware of that all season. I wonder why this guy hasn’t come forward to the tabloids to defend himself? Or at least talk about why he dumped Lindzi and she’s still talking about it a year later. So because of the recent heartbreak in her life, “Vulnerable is a big word for me.” Really? It is? Not for me. V-u-l-n-e-r-a-b-l-e. Vulnerable. Apparently Lindzi was an easy out during the Spelling Bee. Regardless, she’s excited that Ben’s there, she won’t talk about her heartbreak from a year ago for at least another 5 minutes, and she’s excited about the future. “I hope today is the last day I ever have to bring someone home to meet my parents.” It’s not, Lindzi. Sorry. Trust me, you’re better off. I’m sure that your parents will get to meet some other shady guy from the “Bachelor” franchise before you know it. The line will form around the corner once you’re able to turn your Facebook page back on. Just be sure to fill us all in on the pickup lines they use on you. These should be classic. Let me guess: “Hey, welcome to the family!” Or how about, “Sorry about what happened on the show this season. You seem like a great girl. Hit me up some time if you’re (destination where they live).” It’s like clockwork. Every girl, every season.

-Lindzi’s parents seem cool enough so far. Lindzi is telling them about their first date and how it was at City Hall. Her parents inform us that they were married at City Hall in San Francisco. Well gee, you think that’s maybe why Lindzi got to go there for her private concert date? Nahhhhhhh, TOTALLY coincidental. Lindzi’s parents then challenge Ben and Lindzi to a carriage race. It’s Team Blindzi vs Team Harry Cox. Sorry Margie, but Harry is running the show in that marriage. Why? Cuz he’s Harry F***in Cox, that’s why. Of course, the young kids let the elderly people win, and for that, they now must push them back to dinner. What would’ve been cool is if while Ben and Lindzi were pushing her parents in the carriage back to the house, Harry and Margie started going at it like rabbits. Hell, it’s awkward enough we have to watch Ben lick his lips before making out with every single girl, would it really be that bad watching two old people do it? Ok, maybe not. It was just an idea. It’s just that this date is incredibly boring, too many normal people involved (excluding Ben), and a lot of animal references. A horse is a horse of course of course…

-Ben meets with Lindzi’s mom and you’ll never guess what he starts hearing about? Yep. Her ex. Mom: “She doesn’t have a lot of experience dating. She was really hurt.” So now not only do we hear about this ONE relationship that seems to have consumed Lindzi’s life, but, Ben also gets to hear she hasn’t dated much. So Ben asks, “Do you think she’s ready to be engaged?” And naturally, her mom responds, “I think so.” Man this show is weird. So a girl who admittedly hasn’t dated much, who just came off her first heartbreak a year ago that no one can shut up about, is now on a reality dating show and is ready to be engaged to a dude she met six weeks ago who went skinny dipping in the ocean just three weeks ago with someone else. Got it. Hey mom, let me help you out a bit here. Your daughter isn’t ready to marry Ben. But get her ass on “Bachelor Pad,” and I’m sure she can find some other reject looking to extend his 15 minutes and maybe THAT will be the next one she falls for. And just think, that show’s filming only takes TWO weeks, so I bet she’ll totally for someone then too.

-Ben is speaking to Lindzi’s dad and says he’s “not ready to propose to anyone yet, but I have strong feelings for your daughter, and if it were to progress to that point, I’d want your permission.” Harry Cox never really says yes, but never really says no. I think he just tells Ben he thinks he’s a good guy, doesn’t think he’ll dump his daughter via a text message, and that he might have had to live with a ridiculous name his whole life, but at least he had a barber that didn’t play a practical joke on him every time he sat down in the chair. Somehow these four all gather round the fire, make some Smores, and toast to Ben. Harry is officially on board with Ben and his Alfalfa haircut. Big Harry Cox: “We’d be honored to have as our son-in-law. But God forbid you showed up to the wedding and you still haven’t bought yourself a flat iron or at least cut it so we can see if you even have any ears, I will object to you climbing on top of my daughter to make babies some day.” Or something like that.

Page 2 of 612345...Last »

1. tennesseegirl

February 21, 2012 at 10:29 AM

all this goody-goody stuff about Kacie is hilarious. If her parents believe she’s a virgin they should check with the UT football team the years she was in school. 2 words: CLEAT CHASER.

2. Danielle

February 21, 2012 at 11:04 AM

I wonder if the people from each new season are referred to as ‘fresh meat’ by the “Bachelor family”. It’s like being a freshmen in high school all over again, and all of the drama to go with it. Oh, joy!

3. carol

February 21, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Aw, they’re not broken up yet because ABC told them they’re not broken up yet. Both of those knuckleheads are still kissing Producer ass, waiting on the last couple of shows to air and that final paycheck to clear. As soon as it does, Bam! They are finished with each other.

4. kfox2012

February 21, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Kacie’s date really took place in Nashville,TN not in Clarksville. NOT like that’s super important or anything. The first part of her date took place at Stratford High which is in a rough, ghetto part of town. No wonder Ben got rid of her after going there. If a guy took me there for a date then I’d get rid of him too.

5. Tiffany_Michelle

February 21, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Actually, Lindzi’s dad’s name is John Cox, she just calls him Harry.

6. tngirl

February 21, 2012 at 12:23 PM

You totally cracked me up when you said, “gittin’ marruhd”. HAHA. I will be so glad when Ben’s season is over, when he had the cowboy hat on, he looked just like an Amish person (no offense to them) but that is what he reminded me of. He is such an idiot. He is not looking for love, he just thought it would be cool to see how many girls he could sleep with. Total jerk. All the girls deserve better, even Courtney (I almost liked her last night).

7. AJ13

February 21, 2012 at 1:21 PM

tennessee girl: Cleat chaser? Would she chase soccer cleats too? Because that’s all I got…she could chase me any time.

Back on topic, if the hometown dates showed us anything, it’s that Kacie’s family was the only one not bat shit crazy enough to let her marry a socially-awkward mophead she’s only known for 6 weeks. Good for them, I kind of dug their bible-belt conservative vibe. I agree with Steve though, she’s a little too green to be married yet, especially married to Ben.

8. WendyG

February 21, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Did you notice how Kacie and Nicki’s parents looked alike? Both of their moms had spiked short hair and glasses. Both of their dads looked like Dick Cheney. is that a Southern thing?

Also, I thought Courtney’s sister looked like Khloe Kardashian. So I guess they just need Kim and they have a full set.

9. mossygogo

February 21, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Emily’s exit interview had about 3,000 “you, knows.” Beyond obnoxious.

And for the record – Courtney was not wearing the ring on her “ring finger” (left hand hand), it was on the right hand fourth finger. Possible Ben still gave it to her but she wore it on the right hand so it wasn’t so obvious

10. bigfatwoman

February 21, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Beyond the fact that Courtney is clearly a sociopath (in my opinion), she also seems oddly child-like. All of her baby talk (we see it comes from her Mom) and the prancing she does when receiving a rose….she is certainly an interesting psychological study.

In some strange way Ben and Courtney seem made for each other. Ben’s vanilla personality and lack of integrity with the other girls, has been a disappointment to most viewers. I think we all thought there was more to him than there has turned out to be.

Still….I think given time, he will eventually catch on to Courtney having real feelings. True feelings and empathy just don’t exist for her and never will. She is playing a role because she wants this so badly, but eventually her true colors (or lack thereof) will come out.

Ben’s going to feel stupid…..eventually.

11. bigfatwoman

February 21, 2012 at 1:53 PM

*eventually catch on to Courtney having NO real feelings.

12. bachelorisajoke

February 21, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Little Lord Fauntleroy and sociopath Courtney deserve each other. Never seen two people who are so devoid of emotion.
    When Ben speaks about the other girls and even Courtney and the whole show I always think where the hell is the emotion in this clown. He could be doing a documentary on the plight of homing pigeons for all the emotion he gives. Courtney is no better she couldn’t be sincere in anything she says. Hope they are still together torturing each other with their love!!!! Not

13. mossygogo

February 21, 2012 at 5:18 PM

i find the the hometown dates episode to be one of the most boring of the season. the girls wax on and on about how in love they are. one (or both) parents, siblings, etc is so happy for them and their new found love. YAWN.

even reality steve’s column was boring and i skimmed through half. some good laughs no doubt, but i realize your material was pretty much non-existent.

and then, we meet courtney’s family! well it wasn’t as exciting because they are beyond normal. i will say the wedding was pretty cute though and who would have thought courtney has a sweet side. i think courtney is the only girl that ben really revealed any feelings to. i also liked how courtney’s family wasn’t super uptight about the whole skinny-dipping thing. maybe i’m more liberal than other people, but i still don’t think the actual skinny dipping thing was a big deal. keeping it from the other girls, that’s another story…

chis and ben’s talk was a complete fast forward through. thank god for tiro. this show goes from 2 hours to 45minutes.

rose ceremony: i love how after kacie doesn’t get the rose and all the girls hug her, courtney stands there awkwardly and then sort of realizes maybe she should make an effort.

14. luvthebach

February 21, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Oh..I too thought Courtney may have dubbed over the lead in to her date about “how she was too hard on the girls” or what the hell ever she said. But, the reason for my post is about Nicki and…if she is from Hurst..where in the heck was that house…has to be NRH or Euless. And I am thinking Ben “loves Texas” but looks horrifiying in a hat (cowboy kind) and he wore those boots on his Courtney hometown. I feel Nicki and her family really kept on too much about her “previous marriage being so bad” but those two met in college at A&M and got married. Ok..So..it didn’t work out but what about the guy she married point of view? I did like her father..but wonder where he lives?? Cuz no houses in Hurst look like that…they are way too old in Hurst to look like that. Please Reality Steve fill me in..I only have the “scoop of when Nicki was at A&M’.

15. red1

February 21, 2012 at 6:36 PM

When talking about Courtney’s vows – did anyone else catch the piece of paper inside her notebook she was copying them from? I didn’t recognize them offhand, but now seeing what RS wrote about SATC, I remember hearing them there. They definitely tried to portray Courtney’s gentler side, but I think it was too little too late! Keep up the great work RS!

16. bpny

February 21, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Who cares about Carrie Bradshaw, why didn’t anyone care that Courtney was ripping off Bob Marley?

17. hordac

February 21, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Well, one thing I noticed was that Ben did not actually ask for any of the dad’s blessings, which I am so glad they dropped finally as it is soooo ridiculous. The blessings were sort of implied but it was more subtle than in past seasons. In Kacie’s case I don’t think Ben would have gotten it! (Smart man – sorry, these parents were the most skeptical and therefore the most level headed of all of them IMO) Hmm, maybe they edited some stuff out here because Kacie went on about how the meeting went terribly, so I wonder if they actually softened it up a bit! I also believe that last nights show was meant to show Courtney in a better light for some reason. Why the 180?

18. Ryvetted

February 21, 2012 at 7:32 PM

I guess you could add this to your list:
    Ben asking “When did you know?”

19. caitlyn

February 21, 2012 at 8:15 PM

bahahahaha “her meat cave”…muhahahaha

20. AJ13

February 21, 2012 at 9:33 PM

P.S. Nice to see that Emily starved herself for her Bachelorette role. Girl looks like she weighs in at about 90 lbs soakinig wet.

21. bahurupiya

February 21, 2012 at 9:44 PM

LOL Steve, some of your views about women are decidedly “quaint” to come across in this day and age, especially from a man of your generation, but nevertheless entertaining to this old curmudgeoness!

I can certainly see how finding your own perfect match might seem quite the challenge, but don’t give up.

When you least expect it, along will come a woman who’ll heal that broken heart splattered all over your sleeve, save you from the misery of misogyny, and to your astonished delight, drag you kicking and screaming, slab dab into Modern Today!

22. FanofSteve

February 21, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Oops! My comment didn’t post – I got a message saying “You’re posting too fast – slow down!” WTF?

Anyway, like Mossygogo, I also noticed Courtney suddenly realizing (after caressing/sniffing her rose) that perhaps she should be showing some empathy towards Kacie. She took a single step towards the group … and then the camera cut away. Perhaps even the show’s producers understood that no one would believe any show of empathy on Courtney’s part.

I love (hating) this show, and honestly only watch it because of Reality Steve. 🙂

23. cindy01

February 22, 2012 at 5:45 AM

I’m really not looking forward to Emily’s season only because I found her personality rather bland on Brad’s season. But, who knows, maybe she might be a bit different this time around. I really like her but just wondering if this type of thing fits her. I guess we’ll find out…it should be interesting.

As for Ben and Courtney…I really do hope they can work things out between them. Can you imagine how hard this must be for them with all this negativity going on around them??!! I often wonder what their conversations must be like between the two when they talk on the phone with one another because I really don’t think they have gotten together secretly because if you follow Ben on twitter he seems to be promoting his winery business quite a bit. I really can’t wait until we find out about the WTA and ATFR…I think that will tell us everything about what’s going on with them.

24. marymac

February 22, 2012 at 6:33 AM

I’m disappointed you didn’t make fun of Lindzi for saying “horses have been my life since before I was born,” which is even more hilarious than her comment that she rode horses before she could walk.

25. kplanb

February 22, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Faux wedding?! Really?! Any rational guy that I know would have headed for the hills had a girl planned a faux wedding for a date. How creepy (and lame) is that!? Ben thought it was sweet?? Seriously?! Wow, Courtney sure has him wrapped around her finger. Game over.
    Also, talk about damage control. I completely agree that Courtney’s voice overs about regretting bashing the other girls is a last ditch effort to paint her in a more positive light. Too little, too late, if you ask me.

26. Athena

February 22, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Agree about Emily’s photo. I didn’t recognize her. Weight? Hair? Something sure looks different.

And, about the “wedding” – does anyone remember a few seasons back when one of the not-chosen bachelorettes had a bunch of “bride” magazines, and I think a bridal dress too (though not sure) laying around her apartment during the home town date. Freaked the Bachelor right out! Maybe it was Brad’s first season but I’m not sure.

27. karynr

February 22, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I did notice the smaller piece of paper with the word Vows iin caps on top of the blank piece of notebook paper. It looked like she was plagarizing somethning. . She couldn’t even come up with a few heartfelt original words for him. Her emotions, or lack of, are really strange.

As far as the “rustic” setting where she wants to get married, there are dozens of places like that in Scottsdale. In fact, that could have been one of many little park areas along the greenbelt in north Scottsdale. There are “rustic” areas like that all over town. I’ve never heard them described as “rustic” before. What was that all about? The producers choice? It was really stupid.

I’m also curious about Lindzi’s welcome to dumpsville text. I’m not only tired of hearing about it, but I think it’s strange that no one has ever come forward with a name, or any verification that it did indeed happen that way. I know it’s no big deal, but I’m curious about that situation since it’s been mentioned so much. I see no romantic connection between Lindzi and Ben, at all!

Can’t wait for the WTA and ATFR!

28. jocobri

February 22, 2012 at 10:21 AM

So she tells Ben she loves him at the faux ceremony and then tells her family she likes/loves him at the dinner table? Maybe that is why they switched the order they aired it. It would have made her look bad if she proclaims like/love to family right after professing love to Ben.

29. bigfatwoman

February 22, 2012 at 10:32 AM

My daughter once proclaimed she “liked/loved” a boy
    …..and she’s 5 years old
    …..and also prances and skips when she’s excited.

Again….she’s 5.

30. jerry123

February 22, 2012 at 10:43 AM

How’d ya’ll like that Texas saloon scene where the drink was slid down the counter past Nicki and Ben had to catch it? He looked like an NHL goalie using his blocker pad. The drink splashed all over his shirt and the look on his face was priceless. This wine master sure fits in well at a Texas bar! What a clod.

31. edgi01

February 22, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Steve, I can never get enough from your site… Everytime I see an update, you make my day… It is hard not to have a good laugh with your writing… 🙂

32. addicted2trainwrecks

February 22, 2012 at 11:54 AM

jerry123. Re: that. I saw that too and noticed the drinks were served with straws!!! Do real texas men drink beer through a straw? What was with that?
    Was any one else bothered by the swinging shoulders backa and forth on Courtney while she was reading her “vows”? I wanted to drop a weight on her and make her stand still. I was half waiting for her to say Nah-Nah-de Nah-Nah and stick her tongue out at him.

Loved the table cloth in her family home, 1/2 on the table 1/2 off, another “huh” for us.

33. punka

February 22, 2012 at 3:13 PM

I can’t wait until the WTA episode, because I think it will really be the first time on this show where the woman chosen was so universally disliked by all the other women on the show. It is going to be brutal for Ben, when the women question him and get to ask if what he saw watching the show was different from his experience while on the show with Courtney. Clearly, the women tried to warn him, but the chump could not help himself. I hope that episode gets ugly and he gets called out for his actions. He deserves it. And it will be ratings gold if it happens.

34. LynnMJ

February 22, 2012 at 3:14 PM

to bigfatwoman- LOVE reading your posts…..right on the money!

35. wisewords

February 22, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Glad I wasn’t the only one who noticed that crooked “1/2 on 1/2 off” tablecloth in the Robertson home. Is that the new “style” nowadays? Weird!

36. ds0305

February 22, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Watching Monday night’s show, I had to admit the awful truth to myself: I only watch the show the season for Courtney’s antics. In fact, if many of you stop and think about it honestly, I’m sure you will admit that some, if not most of you, do too. I know, I know, enjoying other people’s hating is trashy and shameful, but seriously, who cares if Courtney is a sociopath, putting it on for publicity or just your random, run-of-the-mill starving b*tch the producers chose to cast as the villain? I’m not defending her behavior, but I am saying that without her, there would be NO SHOW this season. I actually felt my skin crawling waiting through the monotonous first 1.5 for some action….or maybe that was watching Ben lick his lips EVERY FLIPPIN TIME he leaned in for a kiss. True not every bachelor/bachelorette is exactly the same buff adonis/cheerleader, but this guys is hands-down the least attractive guy ever. I keep waiting for him to do something endearing or find an angle where I enjoy looking at him. Hasn’t happened. It’s like the producers want to waive in our faces that the franchise built off young, good-looking morons is forcing you to watch an ugly person attempt to procreate assuredly nasty progeny.
    Anyway, back the only “action” we got for the first 90 mins was Kacie’s dad slamming his well-worn copy of the New Testament closed and proclaiming to Kacie “If he were to ask for my blessing, I wouldn’t give it!” (surprised RS didn’t comment on that as it was sorta ballz-to-the-wall awesome that someone is NOT even remotely pretending to be impressed by the doucher.) Kacie’s responsive pouting and “rebellion” in response to her dad’s unsolicited refusal was just annoying and made me hope she’s not part of the next crew on Bachelor Pad. Or maybe I do want her there, b/c I’d love to see Vienna provoke her into lashing out into a Courtney Love-style cuss-fest freak-out a la her exit intervew.
    ….But I digress. Monday night’s attempts by Courtney’s/the producer’s to make her a bit more likeable were not only obvious but, more importantly to your “who cares?” point RS, a huge frickin’ let-down. I care. I felt like I sat through “I cd see myself with this woman”/”I’m falling for this guy” blabbering for over 90 minutes only to get more of the same bullcrap w/Courtney. What, it would’ve been too much to egg Mrs. Barbara Walters Roberts on a bit more about how she knew Courtney wasn’t in love w/Ben bc he’s too dang ugly? Really? She was headed there herself, just let her go there! Alternatively, would it have been too much to have Courtney mind-f*ck a love confession outta Ben and then cut to her cackling with Princess Fiona–I mean her sister–about how she’s totally playing him?!? I mean, all you Courtney “haters” wouldn’t that have just made your blood boil?!? You know it would and the burn would feel *so* good. Making Courtney look human= annoying, predictable, pointless to watch. Bad move producers.

I guess there’s no real point to my rant other than that I can’t believe anyone is still pissed about Courtney being the final one. Really? I thank my lucky stars she’s there b/c otherwise I might be forced to stop watching from boredom and IDK, maybe like, pick up a book or something crazy. Seriously, what is the preferable alternative? Listening to Lindzi spin a 1 line text message into an endless monologue while Ben sits silently and thinks about taking a bathroom break to update his fantasy roster and play w/himself? Watching Lindzi compulsively show off her talent for shaking her head, smiling and leaning forward–(gasp!) all at the same time??? No. Boring. Lies. You don’t. You wanna see Courtney being a crazy person and delight in shrieks of horror when the villain wins. It’s a nasty truth, but no sane person should look to this show for anything other than guilty pleasure.
    PS-Did anyone else notice that during his side interviews on Kacie’s hometown date, Ben’s hair seemed to be GROWING?? It was a chin-length bob at one point. For realz.

37. morrigan0

February 22, 2012 at 5:59 PM

I’d never noticed how much the girls go ON and ON about the guy being perfect/wonderful etc to their family, it was probably a side effect of how boring this season has been. It was pretty ridiculous knowing the outcome.

Aside from that I’m surprised Lindzi didn’t mention “imporTANT” this week, her enunciation on that word has been annoying me the last few weeks. Aside from that I actually thought the vows seemed pretty heartfelt for the moment at least.

38. Athena

February 23, 2012 at 6:29 AM

ds0305, LOL! You’re so right on about this season!

39. addicted2rs

February 23, 2012 at 7:46 AM

in an ITM on Kacie’s home town date she admits she is afraid her family’s conservative morals might be a turn off for Ben and that might ruin her chances with him. Why does she act like she had NO IDEA he would let her go when she voiced concerns during her hometown date?

40. pennyfarthing

February 23, 2012 at 11:22 AM

It’s crazy how many people want to see Ben and Courtney’s relationship crash and burn. I mean, I tend to be on the more positive side of the ‘Bachelor’ viewership spectrum and even I don’t want to see him end up with her for the long term. She is just so unlikable that I think the whole world wants to see her get one big, huge wake up call that will hopefully help her to become a nicer, more well-balanced person. OY!

41. whatsherbutt

February 23, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Am I the only one that saw Ben’s look when Kacie was laughing at the stadium? He was thinking he couldn’t put up with that laugh for the rest of his life. The parents were just the final nail! Poor Kacie, though. She really would be a good catch, if she’d just cut the cord!!! I grew up in a family like that, and it gets worse!!

42. monasez

February 26, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Thanks for all these great posts…I’ve skipped so many episodes but I always catch up here. You are all so spot on and funny. I wish there was some way to give each of you a thumbs up or something (note to Steve).
    Special shout out to ds0305 and your comment, “least attractive guy ever” and tngirl’s comment “Ben’s just looking to see how many he could sleep with” … that’s probably the only reason he’s on this show.
    I didn’t realize it was so close to the end…I just might tune in this Monday.
    Note to FanofSteve: thanks to you I now love (hating) this show too. I can hardly wait to, you know, love (hate) the Emily one next….you know?