The Bachelor 16 - Ben

The Bachelor Recap Including the Emily Teaser, Who Returns Next Week, and An Exclusive on What Lindzi Will Ask Ben

-Kacie’s hometown is in Clarksville, TN and she will meet Ben at the high school football field named after her grandfather, Buster Boguskie. Doesn’t that just sound like some dude who played football in leather helmets back in the 1930’s? As Ben walks up, he sees the marching band playing with Kacie twirling her baton. I hate to tell you this, but I bet Ben decided right then and there he was not choosing her. I’m sure Ben has gotten more action in the first 8 weeks of the show than everyone in that band has gotten combined since they arrived in high school. Well, except for the flute player. I know a lot of you have probably forgotten because of how sex in TV and movies has evolved, but remember, when “American Pie” originally came out, that was about as risqué a movie which dealt with a lot of taboo topics never seen before. Stifler drinking a beer with Kevin’s love gravy in it, Jim prematurely getting off – twice, Nadia doing the two-fingered tango on the internet, etc. However, I don’t think any line or scene in that movie shocked me more than when Michelle uttered this infamous, “This one time, at band camp…” line. That line alone puts “American Pie” in my all time top five favorite teen movies. Blew me away.

-Ummmmm, I think Kacie is waaaaaaaaaay more into Ben than he is into her. It’s quite obvious. She practically ran from across a football field to jump in his arms and this guy still won’t put his tongue in her mouth. I just can’t believe Kacie reacted the way she did at the end of the show knowing that for over a month of filming, this guy never bothered to tongue her on any of his kisses. I’m sure just as Kacie being 24 and having parents as conservative as they were was a red flag to Ben, Kacie not never getting a tongue kiss in 30 days probably should’ve been a red flag for her. I mean, maybe he did use tongue with her, but in the multiple times we’ve seen them kiss on camera, he hasn’t. So I’m guessing if he did, it was very little. I can’t believe Kacie is that distraught over Ben. I think it goes to show her age. Not saying a 24 year old can’t be mature, but it’s kinda obvious to me that Kacie showed her age this season. Much too excited, and gushing much too much about a guy she barely knew. Granted, all of them do that, but it seemed like Kacie was forcing it too much when Ben wasn’t really reciprocating. No worries. I’m guessing since Kacie has turned into America’s sweetheart from this season, she’ll have no problem finding a date. And then falling in love with them after a week.

-Kacie needs to hit the gym. Not because she’s fat or anything, but because she’s completely out-of-breath after running 20 yards towards Ben, jumping in his arms like a monkey, and getting spun around. I can barely understand this story she’s telling Ben about her grandfather from all the panting she’s doing. Deep breath. Breathe in, breathe out. Have a glass of water. And do some burpees next time you’re at the gym. That’ll increase your endurance. Her grandfather story was that she loved her grandparents marriage. Her grandfather died, then her grandmother died in the same year. That’s the kind of relationship she wants. Ok. She wants to die the same year her husband does? I’m confused. Regardless, Kacie is fooling herself into thinking that she is in love with Ben more than she really is. And she claims she’s ready to get married. “I am. I’m so ready.” When someone asks you, “Ok, you ready to go bungee jumping,” you say, “I’m so ready.” Not when you’re talking about marriage. Why not say, “Like, you know, I’m totally ready to be, like, married and everything.” Ugh. This was not a good day from start to finish. I guess that’s why we have to see her next week.

-Kacie informs Ben that her dad is a federal probation officer and that he doesn’t drink, which obviously fits perfectly with Ben since he’s a winemaker and all. This is just getting better and better. Maybe next we’ll hear that Kacie’s mother and sister are allergic to wine. Or that they think San Francisco is the most overrated city in America. Then again, something tells me the Boguskie clan probably hasn’t been west of Texas in their lives. Just a hunch. In case Ben didn’t catch Kacie’s drift the first time around, she drives the point home a little harder. “We’re in the bible belt, Ben.” Yep. And that pretty much sealed her fate. Ben is way too much of a goofy, horny, free spirit to get involved with Kacie and have to live up the standards of what they expect. They have two completely different lifestyles that, even though they’d work for Kacie (or at least she convinced herself it would), would never in a million years work for Ben. That was obvious. Ben: “We’re pretty different people. We have much to talk about.” You got that right. What do you think the ol’ Boguskie’s would think about hearing your little fling with JLH six weeks before coming on the show? I’d say they’d want to have you castrated. Especially since I’m sure they think their daughter is a virgin too.

-So Ben meets her dad, Denny, mom Martha, and sister Allison. Ben: “It’s very important for her family to accept me.” That might be a little tough big boy. Especially since you’ve probably had a dirty thought or two about their daughter. I don’t think that’s allowed in their house. And if you so ever look at their daughter in a lustful way, you will get your mouth washed out with soap. Or get slapped over the knuckles with a ruler. Or anything else they did in the 1950’s to punish people. Kacie’s dad is great. I think he’s one of the few dads we’ve ever seen on this show that can make the word “Dad” a two-syllable word. Denny: “You know, bein’ a day-ud…” Awesome. The non-drinking probation officer is cutting right to the chase. Ain’t no way Ben is unlocking the chastity belt to his daughter unless he fights him to death for it. Looks like Daddy is a liiiiiiiitle protective of his daughter. Ben, good luck trying to ever pry those legs open. You might need a crowbar.

-Of course, Kacie seems to be rebelling against ma’ and pa’ cuz she’s all talkin’ to her sister like her Ben are gittin’ marruhd. “That’s my future husband.” Whoa, tiger. Slow down there. The guy refuses to insert his tongue in your mouth and now you’re hoping he’s your fake TV husband someday? Oh, Kacie, Kacie, Kacie, Kacie. You’ve got a lot to learn sweetie. Kacie knows her family aren’t much of risk takers, I mean, just the other day, the set the cruise control to 65 in the family car and everyone was on edge thinking they’d get pulled over. But sister Allison is feeding into Kacie’s delusion. “He has all the characteristics you want in a husband?” Kacie: “Yes. Frizzy hair, a bad part down the middle, horrible colored tank tops, and a terrible kisser. And remember how I always told you I can’t wait for the man of my dreams to be a total frat boy who goes on TV to promote his winery and get attention from other women? Well, my prayers have been answered. Isn’t he a dream boat?”

-Time for Ben to talk to Papa Boguskie. This is not going to go well. Ben: “So are you ok with this forum?” Daddy: “I’m very skeptical. Don’t rush into anything…If Kacie is not the one, I would hope that’d be communicated to her soon.” Oh Ben sure got Daddy’s blessing all right on this date. The blessing to get rid of his daughter immediately to spare the Boguskie family more shame. And if that wasn’t enough, Ben has to now go speak with Mommy Boguskie. And she guards her children like a giant mountain lion guarding their young. “I’ve watched the show before. I know at the end of this a lot of the couples say they’ll move in together. I have a serious problem with that.” First off, since Mommy watches this show, does that mean she’s a fan of Reality Steve? I wonder if she tipped off Kacie to where she would’ve been headed if she made it to the next round. Remember how back in beginning of October when I told everyone they’d be going to Switzerland for the overnight dates and asked aloud if any of the final four’s family read my site they could tip them off during the hometowns? I guess Ill never get my answer. However, her mom’s answer really made no sense. I mean, it made perfect sense for what they believe in. But it made no sense in the context of this show. I understand they have their beliefs about co-habiting, which is fine, but it’s probably not a belief that 99% of the people that go on this show believe. If Kacie is not allowed to live with her future fiancé before marriage, I really think that limits her in who she can date because, well, in 2012 not many guys probably want to go that route.

-I love how Ben responded to her mom saying that. “I respect that.” Translation: Holy crap, what have I gotten myself into? Hell, the guy even said it later on during the date where he mentioned, “Well yeah, I kinda want to live with my future wife, but uhhhhhh, yeah, it’s all about compromise.” Sure it is, Ben. You look like you’re about as much into compromising as Kacie’s family is into voting for Obama next election. This whole hometown date was a disaster really. Not so much into they hated Ben or anything like that, but it pretty much showed how there was no way Ben and Kacie would’ve ever worked in the long run. Which makes her coming back in Switzerland to talk to him even more ridiculous. Even if it is just to warn him about Courtney, they’re still making it seem like she’s showing up to profess her love or whatever. If she does, she looks even worse. If she doesn’t, and she came to warn him about Courtney, what was the point? Really? Every girl pretty much already warned him about her? What’s the point of having her show up in Switzerland to tell him – again? The whole thing is ridiculous. I guess they just want to create drama where there wasn’t. Then again, Ryan came back for Ashley when everyone at home never thought in a million years she’d ever take him back. So it’s not like we haven’t seen this before. It was obvious Ben wanted Courtney from the beginning, and everything they’re throwing in at the end with Kacie returning to warn him, and voice overs of women saying, “I’m not ready to be a wife or mom,” are just to throw the audience a curveball. This has been a no brainer since November 16th when Ben and Courtney got engaged. All the rest is just background noise. Sorry Bourtney haters. You’re gonna have to accept it.

Page 3 of 612345...Last »

1. tennesseegirl

February 21, 2012 at 10:29 AM

all this goody-goody stuff about Kacie is hilarious. If her parents believe she’s a virgin they should check with the UT football team the years she was in school. 2 words: CLEAT CHASER.

2. Danielle

February 21, 2012 at 11:04 AM

I wonder if the people from each new season are referred to as ‘fresh meat’ by the “Bachelor family”. It’s like being a freshmen in high school all over again, and all of the drama to go with it. Oh, joy!

3. carol

February 21, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Aw, they’re not broken up yet because ABC told them they’re not broken up yet. Both of those knuckleheads are still kissing Producer ass, waiting on the last couple of shows to air and that final paycheck to clear. As soon as it does, Bam! They are finished with each other.

4. kfox2012

February 21, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Kacie’s date really took place in Nashville,TN not in Clarksville. NOT like that’s super important or anything. The first part of her date took place at Stratford High which is in a rough, ghetto part of town. No wonder Ben got rid of her after going there. If a guy took me there for a date then I’d get rid of him too.

5. Tiffany_Michelle

February 21, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Actually, Lindzi’s dad’s name is John Cox, she just calls him Harry.

6. tngirl

February 21, 2012 at 12:23 PM

You totally cracked me up when you said, “gittin’ marruhd”. HAHA. I will be so glad when Ben’s season is over, when he had the cowboy hat on, he looked just like an Amish person (no offense to them) but that is what he reminded me of. He is such an idiot. He is not looking for love, he just thought it would be cool to see how many girls he could sleep with. Total jerk. All the girls deserve better, even Courtney (I almost liked her last night).

7. AJ13

February 21, 2012 at 1:21 PM

tennessee girl: Cleat chaser? Would she chase soccer cleats too? Because that’s all I got…she could chase me any time.

Back on topic, if the hometown dates showed us anything, it’s that Kacie’s family was the only one not bat shit crazy enough to let her marry a socially-awkward mophead she’s only known for 6 weeks. Good for them, I kind of dug their bible-belt conservative vibe. I agree with Steve though, she’s a little too green to be married yet, especially married to Ben.

8. WendyG

February 21, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Did you notice how Kacie and Nicki’s parents looked alike? Both of their moms had spiked short hair and glasses. Both of their dads looked like Dick Cheney. is that a Southern thing?

Also, I thought Courtney’s sister looked like Khloe Kardashian. So I guess they just need Kim and they have a full set.

9. mossygogo

February 21, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Emily’s exit interview had about 3,000 “you, knows.” Beyond obnoxious.

And for the record – Courtney was not wearing the ring on her “ring finger” (left hand hand), it was on the right hand fourth finger. Possible Ben still gave it to her but she wore it on the right hand so it wasn’t so obvious

10. bigfatwoman

February 21, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Beyond the fact that Courtney is clearly a sociopath (in my opinion), she also seems oddly child-like. All of her baby talk (we see it comes from her Mom) and the prancing she does when receiving a rose….she is certainly an interesting psychological study.

In some strange way Ben and Courtney seem made for each other. Ben’s vanilla personality and lack of integrity with the other girls, has been a disappointment to most viewers. I think we all thought there was more to him than there has turned out to be.

Still….I think given time, he will eventually catch on to Courtney having real feelings. True feelings and empathy just don’t exist for her and never will. She is playing a role because she wants this so badly, but eventually her true colors (or lack thereof) will come out.

Ben’s going to feel stupid…..eventually.

11. bigfatwoman

February 21, 2012 at 1:53 PM

*eventually catch on to Courtney having NO real feelings.

12. bachelorisajoke

February 21, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Little Lord Fauntleroy and sociopath Courtney deserve each other. Never seen two people who are so devoid of emotion.
    When Ben speaks about the other girls and even Courtney and the whole show I always think where the hell is the emotion in this clown. He could be doing a documentary on the plight of homing pigeons for all the emotion he gives. Courtney is no better she couldn’t be sincere in anything she says. Hope they are still together torturing each other with their love!!!! Not

13. mossygogo

February 21, 2012 at 5:18 PM

i find the the hometown dates episode to be one of the most boring of the season. the girls wax on and on about how in love they are. one (or both) parents, siblings, etc is so happy for them and their new found love. YAWN.

even reality steve’s column was boring and i skimmed through half. some good laughs no doubt, but i realize your material was pretty much non-existent.

and then, we meet courtney’s family! well it wasn’t as exciting because they are beyond normal. i will say the wedding was pretty cute though and who would have thought courtney has a sweet side. i think courtney is the only girl that ben really revealed any feelings to. i also liked how courtney’s family wasn’t super uptight about the whole skinny-dipping thing. maybe i’m more liberal than other people, but i still don’t think the actual skinny dipping thing was a big deal. keeping it from the other girls, that’s another story…

chis and ben’s talk was a complete fast forward through. thank god for tiro. this show goes from 2 hours to 45minutes.

rose ceremony: i love how after kacie doesn’t get the rose and all the girls hug her, courtney stands there awkwardly and then sort of realizes maybe she should make an effort.

14. luvthebach

February 21, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Oh..I too thought Courtney may have dubbed over the lead in to her date about “how she was too hard on the girls” or what the hell ever she said. But, the reason for my post is about Nicki and…if she is from Hurst..where in the heck was that house…has to be NRH or Euless. And I am thinking Ben “loves Texas” but looks horrifiying in a hat (cowboy kind) and he wore those boots on his Courtney hometown. I feel Nicki and her family really kept on too much about her “previous marriage being so bad” but those two met in college at A&M and got married. Ok..So..it didn’t work out but what about the guy she married point of view? I did like her father..but wonder where he lives?? Cuz no houses in Hurst look like that…they are way too old in Hurst to look like that. Please Reality Steve fill me in..I only have the “scoop of when Nicki was at A&M’.

15. red1

February 21, 2012 at 6:36 PM

When talking about Courtney’s vows – did anyone else catch the piece of paper inside her notebook she was copying them from? I didn’t recognize them offhand, but now seeing what RS wrote about SATC, I remember hearing them there. They definitely tried to portray Courtney’s gentler side, but I think it was too little too late! Keep up the great work RS!

16. bpny

February 21, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Who cares about Carrie Bradshaw, why didn’t anyone care that Courtney was ripping off Bob Marley?

17. hordac

February 21, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Well, one thing I noticed was that Ben did not actually ask for any of the dad’s blessings, which I am so glad they dropped finally as it is soooo ridiculous. The blessings were sort of implied but it was more subtle than in past seasons. In Kacie’s case I don’t think Ben would have gotten it! (Smart man – sorry, these parents were the most skeptical and therefore the most level headed of all of them IMO) Hmm, maybe they edited some stuff out here because Kacie went on about how the meeting went terribly, so I wonder if they actually softened it up a bit! I also believe that last nights show was meant to show Courtney in a better light for some reason. Why the 180?

18. Ryvetted

February 21, 2012 at 7:32 PM

I guess you could add this to your list:
    Ben asking “When did you know?”

19. caitlyn

February 21, 2012 at 8:15 PM

bahahahaha “her meat cave”…muhahahaha

20. AJ13

February 21, 2012 at 9:33 PM

P.S. Nice to see that Emily starved herself for her Bachelorette role. Girl looks like she weighs in at about 90 lbs soakinig wet.

21. bahurupiya

February 21, 2012 at 9:44 PM

LOL Steve, some of your views about women are decidedly “quaint” to come across in this day and age, especially from a man of your generation, but nevertheless entertaining to this old curmudgeoness!

I can certainly see how finding your own perfect match might seem quite the challenge, but don’t give up.

When you least expect it, along will come a woman who’ll heal that broken heart splattered all over your sleeve, save you from the misery of misogyny, and to your astonished delight, drag you kicking and screaming, slab dab into Modern Today!

22. FanofSteve

February 21, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Oops! My comment didn’t post – I got a message saying “You’re posting too fast – slow down!” WTF?

Anyway, like Mossygogo, I also noticed Courtney suddenly realizing (after caressing/sniffing her rose) that perhaps she should be showing some empathy towards Kacie. She took a single step towards the group … and then the camera cut away. Perhaps even the show’s producers understood that no one would believe any show of empathy on Courtney’s part.

I love (hating) this show, and honestly only watch it because of Reality Steve. 🙂

23. cindy01

February 22, 2012 at 5:45 AM

I’m really not looking forward to Emily’s season only because I found her personality rather bland on Brad’s season. But, who knows, maybe she might be a bit different this time around. I really like her but just wondering if this type of thing fits her. I guess we’ll find out…it should be interesting.

As for Ben and Courtney…I really do hope they can work things out between them. Can you imagine how hard this must be for them with all this negativity going on around them??!! I often wonder what their conversations must be like between the two when they talk on the phone with one another because I really don’t think they have gotten together secretly because if you follow Ben on twitter he seems to be promoting his winery business quite a bit. I really can’t wait until we find out about the WTA and ATFR…I think that will tell us everything about what’s going on with them.

24. marymac

February 22, 2012 at 6:33 AM

I’m disappointed you didn’t make fun of Lindzi for saying “horses have been my life since before I was born,” which is even more hilarious than her comment that she rode horses before she could walk.

25. kplanb

February 22, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Faux wedding?! Really?! Any rational guy that I know would have headed for the hills had a girl planned a faux wedding for a date. How creepy (and lame) is that!? Ben thought it was sweet?? Seriously?! Wow, Courtney sure has him wrapped around her finger. Game over.
    Also, talk about damage control. I completely agree that Courtney’s voice overs about regretting bashing the other girls is a last ditch effort to paint her in a more positive light. Too little, too late, if you ask me.

26. Athena

February 22, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Agree about Emily’s photo. I didn’t recognize her. Weight? Hair? Something sure looks different.

And, about the “wedding” – does anyone remember a few seasons back when one of the not-chosen bachelorettes had a bunch of “bride” magazines, and I think a bridal dress too (though not sure) laying around her apartment during the home town date. Freaked the Bachelor right out! Maybe it was Brad’s first season but I’m not sure.

27. karynr

February 22, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I did notice the smaller piece of paper with the word Vows iin caps on top of the blank piece of notebook paper. It looked like she was plagarizing somethning. . She couldn’t even come up with a few heartfelt original words for him. Her emotions, or lack of, are really strange.

As far as the “rustic” setting where she wants to get married, there are dozens of places like that in Scottsdale. In fact, that could have been one of many little park areas along the greenbelt in north Scottsdale. There are “rustic” areas like that all over town. I’ve never heard them described as “rustic” before. What was that all about? The producers choice? It was really stupid.

I’m also curious about Lindzi’s welcome to dumpsville text. I’m not only tired of hearing about it, but I think it’s strange that no one has ever come forward with a name, or any verification that it did indeed happen that way. I know it’s no big deal, but I’m curious about that situation since it’s been mentioned so much. I see no romantic connection between Lindzi and Ben, at all!

Can’t wait for the WTA and ATFR!

28. jocobri

February 22, 2012 at 10:21 AM

So she tells Ben she loves him at the faux ceremony and then tells her family she likes/loves him at the dinner table? Maybe that is why they switched the order they aired it. It would have made her look bad if she proclaims like/love to family right after professing love to Ben.

29. bigfatwoman

February 22, 2012 at 10:32 AM

My daughter once proclaimed she “liked/loved” a boy
    …..and she’s 5 years old
    …..and also prances and skips when she’s excited.

Again….she’s 5.

30. jerry123

February 22, 2012 at 10:43 AM

How’d ya’ll like that Texas saloon scene where the drink was slid down the counter past Nicki and Ben had to catch it? He looked like an NHL goalie using his blocker pad. The drink splashed all over his shirt and the look on his face was priceless. This wine master sure fits in well at a Texas bar! What a clod.

31. edgi01

February 22, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Steve, I can never get enough from your site… Everytime I see an update, you make my day… It is hard not to have a good laugh with your writing… 🙂

32. addicted2trainwrecks

February 22, 2012 at 11:54 AM

jerry123. Re: that. I saw that too and noticed the drinks were served with straws!!! Do real texas men drink beer through a straw? What was with that?
    Was any one else bothered by the swinging shoulders backa and forth on Courtney while she was reading her “vows”? I wanted to drop a weight on her and make her stand still. I was half waiting for her to say Nah-Nah-de Nah-Nah and stick her tongue out at him.

Loved the table cloth in her family home, 1/2 on the table 1/2 off, another “huh” for us.

33. punka

February 22, 2012 at 3:13 PM

I can’t wait until the WTA episode, because I think it will really be the first time on this show where the woman chosen was so universally disliked by all the other women on the show. It is going to be brutal for Ben, when the women question him and get to ask if what he saw watching the show was different from his experience while on the show with Courtney. Clearly, the women tried to warn him, but the chump could not help himself. I hope that episode gets ugly and he gets called out for his actions. He deserves it. And it will be ratings gold if it happens.

34. LynnMJ

February 22, 2012 at 3:14 PM

to bigfatwoman- LOVE reading your posts…..right on the money!

35. wisewords

February 22, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Glad I wasn’t the only one who noticed that crooked “1/2 on 1/2 off” tablecloth in the Robertson home. Is that the new “style” nowadays? Weird!

36. ds0305

February 22, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Watching Monday night’s show, I had to admit the awful truth to myself: I only watch the show the season for Courtney’s antics. In fact, if many of you stop and think about it honestly, I’m sure you will admit that some, if not most of you, do too. I know, I know, enjoying other people’s hating is trashy and shameful, but seriously, who cares if Courtney is a sociopath, putting it on for publicity or just your random, run-of-the-mill starving b*tch the producers chose to cast as the villain? I’m not defending her behavior, but I am saying that without her, there would be NO SHOW this season. I actually felt my skin crawling waiting through the monotonous first 1.5 for some action….or maybe that was watching Ben lick his lips EVERY FLIPPIN TIME he leaned in for a kiss. True not every bachelor/bachelorette is exactly the same buff adonis/cheerleader, but this guys is hands-down the least attractive guy ever. I keep waiting for him to do something endearing or find an angle where I enjoy looking at him. Hasn’t happened. It’s like the producers want to waive in our faces that the franchise built off young, good-looking morons is forcing you to watch an ugly person attempt to procreate assuredly nasty progeny.
    Anyway, back the only “action” we got for the first 90 mins was Kacie’s dad slamming his well-worn copy of the New Testament closed and proclaiming to Kacie “If he were to ask for my blessing, I wouldn’t give it!” (surprised RS didn’t comment on that as it was sorta ballz-to-the-wall awesome that someone is NOT even remotely pretending to be impressed by the doucher.) Kacie’s responsive pouting and “rebellion” in response to her dad’s unsolicited refusal was just annoying and made me hope she’s not part of the next crew on Bachelor Pad. Or maybe I do want her there, b/c I’d love to see Vienna provoke her into lashing out into a Courtney Love-style cuss-fest freak-out a la her exit intervew.
    ….But I digress. Monday night’s attempts by Courtney’s/the producer’s to make her a bit more likeable were not only obvious but, more importantly to your “who cares?” point RS, a huge frickin’ let-down. I care. I felt like I sat through “I cd see myself with this woman”/”I’m falling for this guy” blabbering for over 90 minutes only to get more of the same bullcrap w/Courtney. What, it would’ve been too much to egg Mrs. Barbara Walters Roberts on a bit more about how she knew Courtney wasn’t in love w/Ben bc he’s too dang ugly? Really? She was headed there herself, just let her go there! Alternatively, would it have been too much to have Courtney mind-f*ck a love confession outta Ben and then cut to her cackling with Princess Fiona–I mean her sister–about how she’s totally playing him?!? I mean, all you Courtney “haters” wouldn’t that have just made your blood boil?!? You know it would and the burn would feel *so* good. Making Courtney look human= annoying, predictable, pointless to watch. Bad move producers.

I guess there’s no real point to my rant other than that I can’t believe anyone is still pissed about Courtney being the final one. Really? I thank my lucky stars she’s there b/c otherwise I might be forced to stop watching from boredom and IDK, maybe like, pick up a book or something crazy. Seriously, what is the preferable alternative? Listening to Lindzi spin a 1 line text message into an endless monologue while Ben sits silently and thinks about taking a bathroom break to update his fantasy roster and play w/himself? Watching Lindzi compulsively show off her talent for shaking her head, smiling and leaning forward–(gasp!) all at the same time??? No. Boring. Lies. You don’t. You wanna see Courtney being a crazy person and delight in shrieks of horror when the villain wins. It’s a nasty truth, but no sane person should look to this show for anything other than guilty pleasure.
    PS-Did anyone else notice that during his side interviews on Kacie’s hometown date, Ben’s hair seemed to be GROWING?? It was a chin-length bob at one point. For realz.

37. morrigan0

February 22, 2012 at 5:59 PM

I’d never noticed how much the girls go ON and ON about the guy being perfect/wonderful etc to their family, it was probably a side effect of how boring this season has been. It was pretty ridiculous knowing the outcome.

Aside from that I’m surprised Lindzi didn’t mention “imporTANT” this week, her enunciation on that word has been annoying me the last few weeks. Aside from that I actually thought the vows seemed pretty heartfelt for the moment at least.

38. Athena

February 23, 2012 at 6:29 AM

ds0305, LOL! You’re so right on about this season!

39. addicted2rs

February 23, 2012 at 7:46 AM

in an ITM on Kacie’s home town date she admits she is afraid her family’s conservative morals might be a turn off for Ben and that might ruin her chances with him. Why does she act like she had NO IDEA he would let her go when she voiced concerns during her hometown date?

40. pennyfarthing

February 23, 2012 at 11:22 AM

It’s crazy how many people want to see Ben and Courtney’s relationship crash and burn. I mean, I tend to be on the more positive side of the ‘Bachelor’ viewership spectrum and even I don’t want to see him end up with her for the long term. She is just so unlikable that I think the whole world wants to see her get one big, huge wake up call that will hopefully help her to become a nicer, more well-balanced person. OY!

41. whatsherbutt

February 23, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Am I the only one that saw Ben’s look when Kacie was laughing at the stadium? He was thinking he couldn’t put up with that laugh for the rest of his life. The parents were just the final nail! Poor Kacie, though. She really would be a good catch, if she’d just cut the cord!!! I grew up in a family like that, and it gets worse!!

42. monasez

February 26, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Thanks for all these great posts…I’ve skipped so many episodes but I always catch up here. You are all so spot on and funny. I wish there was some way to give each of you a thumbs up or something (note to Steve).
    Special shout out to ds0305 and your comment, “least attractive guy ever” and tngirl’s comment “Ben’s just looking to see how many he could sleep with” … that’s probably the only reason he’s on this show.
    I didn’t realize it was so close to the end…I just might tune in this Monday.
    Note to FanofSteve: thanks to you I now love (hating) this show too. I can hardly wait to, you know, love (hate) the Emily one next….you know?