The Bachelor 16 - Ben

The Bachelor Recap Including the Emily Teaser, Who Returns Next Week, and An Exclusive on What Lindzi Will Ask Ben

-Next up is Nicki’s hometown in Ft. Worth, Texas. What’s funny is I was actually out of town on Oct. 29th when this filmed or else, hell, I probably would’ve gotten in my car and driven to the Stockyards upon hearing they were there. This was the most public date of the four and people were tweeting that day that they saw them at Leddy’s, Cooper’s BBQ, and walking around. Would’ve been nice to crash that party. Oh well. I’ll wait til Emily’s season starts filming before I do that. Ben arrives and already is infatuated with Texas. “I love Texas. I love Texas horses, Texas steer, Texas everything. And Texas Nicki.” That’s great that you love Texas, Ben. Just wait til you are actually in a real part of Texas, like Dallas. OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!! Can’t wait to get a bunch of nasty emails from the country folk over in Ft. Worth. Calm down. I’m kidding. I think. Nicki is seeing Ben arriving in her hometown as a bit of a nostalgic moment. “The last time I brought a man home, I married him.” Sweet. Lets see if we can make this 2-for-2. It’s amazing how many of these women never introduce their boyfriends to their parents. Either they’re lying to sound better on TV or none of them have really been in a lot of serious relationships. So Lindzi has brought one guy home, Kacie never specified how many have met her parents, but after last night’s act I’m guessing it was a big, fat zero, and Nicki looks like she hasn’t brought many home. These women need to get out and date more I guess.

-Nicki takes Ben to a cowboy boot and clothing store named “Leddy’s.” They try on boots and hats all while making out in the store. Once again, the giant belt buckle is prominent on this date as both of them now have one of them on, which makes them look like the tag team champions of the world. If you want customized boots, then Leddy’s is the place to go. If you want cowboy hats, then Leddy’s is the place to go. If you want suede jackets, tight jeans, and giant belt buckles, then Leddy’s is the place to go. But if you want info on what went down during filming, well then, Leddy’s isn’t the place. Oh I tried, but I failed. That’s ok. There’s a reason I have plenty of other sources to go to. One door closes, five more open. From Leddy’s, they head over to the White Elephant Saloon, which I guess is nearby. The bartender is flinging them drinks Old West style, which I’m assuming Nicki downed a few of considering she had verbal diarrhea after this talking about her ex-husband. “I don’t want you to feel like I’m beating a dead horse when talking about my past.” Even though that’s exactly what you did for the next five minutes. I understand Nicki’s divorce is a big part of her storyline and it was obviously gonna get brought up on the hometown date, but, just a bit too much if you ask me.

-So Ben meets Nicki’s parents, who are divorced. Mom Laura, Dad Doug, and brother Matt. Her dad definitely has concerns about Nicki since she’s been divorced already and doesn’t want to have to deal with that again. But before we get to that, lets peek in at Nicki and her mom talking like little school girls in the bedroom about Ben. Nicki: “Mom, I’m falling in love with him. He’d be such a good husband and a good dad.” Hey, just like how you are excited about being a wife and a mother? Oh woops. Forgot. You changed your mind about that one when we hear you say it in Switzerland. Well, there’s always next time. Hey, maybe you met someone at Black Friar last weekend. There’s always some quality douches that hang at that place on the weekends. And ALL of them are totally looking for relationships too. I’m sure you can find a husband in there. If not, head on down the street to Sfuzzi’s. Better atmosphere but even more men to choose from who are looking to get married. Especially the ones out on the little dance floor grinding up against the women in short skirts. I mean, there’s so much love happening on that dance floor, I’m totally suspecting the justice of the peace showing up one night just to marry people right there. I mean, if groping and making out in front of a crowd of people with different women in the same night isn’t grounds for marriage, then what is?

-Now it’s time to break out the Kleenex for Nicki talking to her dad. Dad is having reservations about everything because of her previous divorce. “As a parent it’s very hard to see your child go through hurt…I gave your hand away too early…I feel like I let you down.” What a stand up guy. Even though he obviously did nothing wrong and it’s not his fault his daughter got married and divorced at such a young age, he’s trying to ease the pain by taking some of the blame. Papa Doug done good. Hey Doug, no worries. It’s not like you could’ve predicted the Aggie she married would turn out the way he did. You know, getting DWI’s right after the divorce as reported by the tabloids last week. However, let me say something about that. It goes to show that the tabloids will do anything and everything to run stories about this show because it’s so popular in the pop culture phenomenon. Look no further than last week. They talked about Nicki’s ex husband getting a DWI over a year ago. Great. Who cares? What does a guy she wasn’t with anymore getting busted have anything to do with anything? If Nicki was in the car with him, or got busted as well, then sure, it’d be something to report. Her ex-husband got a DWI over a year ago by himself. Wonderful. It’s not news, sorry.

-You know what my favorite quote of Nicki’s hometown was? Her brother saying, “I actually like this guy.” Hahahaha. Which means one of two things: her brother hated her ex-husband, or, he thinks this show is a joke and just figured Ben was going to be a giant dillweed, yet was pleasantly surprised. Or it could mean both. You know what else I noticed about this hometown, which I can’t remember ever seeing before? We never saw Ben having 1-on-1 time with ANY family member. We saw them all sitting at the dinner table, we saw them all sitting on the couch together, we saw Nicki 1-on-1 with her mom, we saw her 1-on-1 with her dad, yet, we never saw any footage of Ben alone with either of them. Dammit. I was hoping we’d see Ben asking Doug for his daughter’s hand in marriage minutes after he was taking the blame for her first failed marriage, only to turn right around after knowing Ben for 28 minutes, and giving him his blessing. Doug, be thankful Ben will not be your son-in-law, regardless of what a great guy your daughter says he is and how much she’s falling in love with him. She’s not and never was. Must’ve been the alcohol from the saloon talking.

-Nicki’s alcohol keeps speaking for her as she opens up to Ben. “They see you in the light that I do. I’m in love with you…I want that, you and me, San Francisco.” Awwwww man, don’t do that Nicki. Then I won’t be able to run into you in Uptown. Don’t leave us! Please! Oh wait, I forgot. You didn’t. Did you notice at the beginning of the date that Ben said to the camera he and Nicki’s relationship was “slow moving.” Well, considering you’re on a show where they want you to propose to someone after 6-8 weeks, that’s the last thing someone wants to hear. Name me the last final couple from any of these shows that had a “slow moving” courtship during filming. The answer would be none. Hell, half of these leads end up saying after the fact they knew it was so-and-so from the very beginning. So when you get labeled as the “slow moving relationship” (even though Nicki obviously couldn’t hear him say that), just figure your chances of getting picked in the end are slim and none, and slim just left on vacation.

Page 4 of 6« First...23456

1. tennesseegirl

February 21, 2012 at 10:29 AM

all this goody-goody stuff about Kacie is hilarious. If her parents believe she’s a virgin they should check with the UT football team the years she was in school. 2 words: CLEAT CHASER.

2. Danielle

February 21, 2012 at 11:04 AM

I wonder if the people from each new season are referred to as ‘fresh meat’ by the “Bachelor family”. It’s like being a freshmen in high school all over again, and all of the drama to go with it. Oh, joy!

3. carol

February 21, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Aw, they’re not broken up yet because ABC told them they’re not broken up yet. Both of those knuckleheads are still kissing Producer ass, waiting on the last couple of shows to air and that final paycheck to clear. As soon as it does, Bam! They are finished with each other.

4. kfox2012

February 21, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Kacie’s date really took place in Nashville,TN not in Clarksville. NOT like that’s super important or anything. The first part of her date took place at Stratford High which is in a rough, ghetto part of town. No wonder Ben got rid of her after going there. If a guy took me there for a date then I’d get rid of him too.

5. Tiffany_Michelle

February 21, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Actually, Lindzi’s dad’s name is John Cox, she just calls him Harry.

6. tngirl

February 21, 2012 at 12:23 PM

You totally cracked me up when you said, “gittin’ marruhd”. HAHA. I will be so glad when Ben’s season is over, when he had the cowboy hat on, he looked just like an Amish person (no offense to them) but that is what he reminded me of. He is such an idiot. He is not looking for love, he just thought it would be cool to see how many girls he could sleep with. Total jerk. All the girls deserve better, even Courtney (I almost liked her last night).

7. AJ13

February 21, 2012 at 1:21 PM

tennessee girl: Cleat chaser? Would she chase soccer cleats too? Because that’s all I got…she could chase me any time.

Back on topic, if the hometown dates showed us anything, it’s that Kacie’s family was the only one not bat shit crazy enough to let her marry a socially-awkward mophead she’s only known for 6 weeks. Good for them, I kind of dug their bible-belt conservative vibe. I agree with Steve though, she’s a little too green to be married yet, especially married to Ben.

8. WendyG

February 21, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Did you notice how Kacie and Nicki’s parents looked alike? Both of their moms had spiked short hair and glasses. Both of their dads looked like Dick Cheney. is that a Southern thing?

Also, I thought Courtney’s sister looked like Khloe Kardashian. So I guess they just need Kim and they have a full set.

9. mossygogo

February 21, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Emily’s exit interview had about 3,000 “you, knows.” Beyond obnoxious.

And for the record – Courtney was not wearing the ring on her “ring finger” (left hand hand), it was on the right hand fourth finger. Possible Ben still gave it to her but she wore it on the right hand so it wasn’t so obvious

10. bigfatwoman

February 21, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Beyond the fact that Courtney is clearly a sociopath (in my opinion), she also seems oddly child-like. All of her baby talk (we see it comes from her Mom) and the prancing she does when receiving a rose….she is certainly an interesting psychological study.

In some strange way Ben and Courtney seem made for each other. Ben’s vanilla personality and lack of integrity with the other girls, has been a disappointment to most viewers. I think we all thought there was more to him than there has turned out to be.

Still….I think given time, he will eventually catch on to Courtney having real feelings. True feelings and empathy just don’t exist for her and never will. She is playing a role because she wants this so badly, but eventually her true colors (or lack thereof) will come out.

Ben’s going to feel stupid…..eventually.

11. bigfatwoman

February 21, 2012 at 1:53 PM

*eventually catch on to Courtney having NO real feelings.

12. bachelorisajoke

February 21, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Little Lord Fauntleroy and sociopath Courtney deserve each other. Never seen two people who are so devoid of emotion.
    When Ben speaks about the other girls and even Courtney and the whole show I always think where the hell is the emotion in this clown. He could be doing a documentary on the plight of homing pigeons for all the emotion he gives. Courtney is no better she couldn’t be sincere in anything she says. Hope they are still together torturing each other with their love!!!! Not

13. mossygogo

February 21, 2012 at 5:18 PM

i find the the hometown dates episode to be one of the most boring of the season. the girls wax on and on about how in love they are. one (or both) parents, siblings, etc is so happy for them and their new found love. YAWN.

even reality steve’s column was boring and i skimmed through half. some good laughs no doubt, but i realize your material was pretty much non-existent.

and then, we meet courtney’s family! well it wasn’t as exciting because they are beyond normal. i will say the wedding was pretty cute though and who would have thought courtney has a sweet side. i think courtney is the only girl that ben really revealed any feelings to. i also liked how courtney’s family wasn’t super uptight about the whole skinny-dipping thing. maybe i’m more liberal than other people, but i still don’t think the actual skinny dipping thing was a big deal. keeping it from the other girls, that’s another story…

chis and ben’s talk was a complete fast forward through. thank god for tiro. this show goes from 2 hours to 45minutes.

rose ceremony: i love how after kacie doesn’t get the rose and all the girls hug her, courtney stands there awkwardly and then sort of realizes maybe she should make an effort.

14. luvthebach

February 21, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Oh..I too thought Courtney may have dubbed over the lead in to her date about “how she was too hard on the girls” or what the hell ever she said. But, the reason for my post is about Nicki and…if she is from Hurst..where in the heck was that house…has to be NRH or Euless. And I am thinking Ben “loves Texas” but looks horrifiying in a hat (cowboy kind) and he wore those boots on his Courtney hometown. I feel Nicki and her family really kept on too much about her “previous marriage being so bad” but those two met in college at A&M and got married. Ok..So..it didn’t work out but what about the guy she married point of view? I did like her father..but wonder where he lives?? Cuz no houses in Hurst look like that…they are way too old in Hurst to look like that. Please Reality Steve fill me in..I only have the “scoop of when Nicki was at A&M’.

15. red1

February 21, 2012 at 6:36 PM

When talking about Courtney’s vows – did anyone else catch the piece of paper inside her notebook she was copying them from? I didn’t recognize them offhand, but now seeing what RS wrote about SATC, I remember hearing them there. They definitely tried to portray Courtney’s gentler side, but I think it was too little too late! Keep up the great work RS!

16. bpny

February 21, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Who cares about Carrie Bradshaw, why didn’t anyone care that Courtney was ripping off Bob Marley?

17. hordac

February 21, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Well, one thing I noticed was that Ben did not actually ask for any of the dad’s blessings, which I am so glad they dropped finally as it is soooo ridiculous. The blessings were sort of implied but it was more subtle than in past seasons. In Kacie’s case I don’t think Ben would have gotten it! (Smart man – sorry, these parents were the most skeptical and therefore the most level headed of all of them IMO) Hmm, maybe they edited some stuff out here because Kacie went on about how the meeting went terribly, so I wonder if they actually softened it up a bit! I also believe that last nights show was meant to show Courtney in a better light for some reason. Why the 180?

18. Ryvetted

February 21, 2012 at 7:32 PM

I guess you could add this to your list:
    Ben asking “When did you know?”

19. caitlyn

February 21, 2012 at 8:15 PM

bahahahaha “her meat cave”…muhahahaha

20. AJ13

February 21, 2012 at 9:33 PM

P.S. Nice to see that Emily starved herself for her Bachelorette role. Girl looks like she weighs in at about 90 lbs soakinig wet.

21. bahurupiya

February 21, 2012 at 9:44 PM

LOL Steve, some of your views about women are decidedly “quaint” to come across in this day and age, especially from a man of your generation, but nevertheless entertaining to this old curmudgeoness!

I can certainly see how finding your own perfect match might seem quite the challenge, but don’t give up.

When you least expect it, along will come a woman who’ll heal that broken heart splattered all over your sleeve, save you from the misery of misogyny, and to your astonished delight, drag you kicking and screaming, slab dab into Modern Today!

22. FanofSteve

February 21, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Oops! My comment didn’t post – I got a message saying “You’re posting too fast – slow down!” WTF?

Anyway, like Mossygogo, I also noticed Courtney suddenly realizing (after caressing/sniffing her rose) that perhaps she should be showing some empathy towards Kacie. She took a single step towards the group … and then the camera cut away. Perhaps even the show’s producers understood that no one would believe any show of empathy on Courtney’s part.

I love (hating) this show, and honestly only watch it because of Reality Steve. 🙂

23. cindy01

February 22, 2012 at 5:45 AM

I’m really not looking forward to Emily’s season only because I found her personality rather bland on Brad’s season. But, who knows, maybe she might be a bit different this time around. I really like her but just wondering if this type of thing fits her. I guess we’ll find out…it should be interesting.

As for Ben and Courtney…I really do hope they can work things out between them. Can you imagine how hard this must be for them with all this negativity going on around them??!! I often wonder what their conversations must be like between the two when they talk on the phone with one another because I really don’t think they have gotten together secretly because if you follow Ben on twitter he seems to be promoting his winery business quite a bit. I really can’t wait until we find out about the WTA and ATFR…I think that will tell us everything about what’s going on with them.

24. marymac

February 22, 2012 at 6:33 AM

I’m disappointed you didn’t make fun of Lindzi for saying “horses have been my life since before I was born,” which is even more hilarious than her comment that she rode horses before she could walk.

25. kplanb

February 22, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Faux wedding?! Really?! Any rational guy that I know would have headed for the hills had a girl planned a faux wedding for a date. How creepy (and lame) is that!? Ben thought it was sweet?? Seriously?! Wow, Courtney sure has him wrapped around her finger. Game over.
    Also, talk about damage control. I completely agree that Courtney’s voice overs about regretting bashing the other girls is a last ditch effort to paint her in a more positive light. Too little, too late, if you ask me.

26. Athena

February 22, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Agree about Emily’s photo. I didn’t recognize her. Weight? Hair? Something sure looks different.

And, about the “wedding” – does anyone remember a few seasons back when one of the not-chosen bachelorettes had a bunch of “bride” magazines, and I think a bridal dress too (though not sure) laying around her apartment during the home town date. Freaked the Bachelor right out! Maybe it was Brad’s first season but I’m not sure.

27. karynr

February 22, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I did notice the smaller piece of paper with the word Vows iin caps on top of the blank piece of notebook paper. It looked like she was plagarizing somethning. . She couldn’t even come up with a few heartfelt original words for him. Her emotions, or lack of, are really strange.

As far as the “rustic” setting where she wants to get married, there are dozens of places like that in Scottsdale. In fact, that could have been one of many little park areas along the greenbelt in north Scottsdale. There are “rustic” areas like that all over town. I’ve never heard them described as “rustic” before. What was that all about? The producers choice? It was really stupid.

I’m also curious about Lindzi’s welcome to dumpsville text. I’m not only tired of hearing about it, but I think it’s strange that no one has ever come forward with a name, or any verification that it did indeed happen that way. I know it’s no big deal, but I’m curious about that situation since it’s been mentioned so much. I see no romantic connection between Lindzi and Ben, at all!

Can’t wait for the WTA and ATFR!

28. jocobri

February 22, 2012 at 10:21 AM

So she tells Ben she loves him at the faux ceremony and then tells her family she likes/loves him at the dinner table? Maybe that is why they switched the order they aired it. It would have made her look bad if she proclaims like/love to family right after professing love to Ben.

29. bigfatwoman

February 22, 2012 at 10:32 AM

My daughter once proclaimed she “liked/loved” a boy
    …..and she’s 5 years old
    …..and also prances and skips when she’s excited.

Again….she’s 5.

30. jerry123

February 22, 2012 at 10:43 AM

How’d ya’ll like that Texas saloon scene where the drink was slid down the counter past Nicki and Ben had to catch it? He looked like an NHL goalie using his blocker pad. The drink splashed all over his shirt and the look on his face was priceless. This wine master sure fits in well at a Texas bar! What a clod.

31. edgi01

February 22, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Steve, I can never get enough from your site… Everytime I see an update, you make my day… It is hard not to have a good laugh with your writing… 🙂

32. addicted2trainwrecks

February 22, 2012 at 11:54 AM

jerry123. Re: that. I saw that too and noticed the drinks were served with straws!!! Do real texas men drink beer through a straw? What was with that?
    Was any one else bothered by the swinging shoulders backa and forth on Courtney while she was reading her “vows”? I wanted to drop a weight on her and make her stand still. I was half waiting for her to say Nah-Nah-de Nah-Nah and stick her tongue out at him.

Loved the table cloth in her family home, 1/2 on the table 1/2 off, another “huh” for us.

33. punka

February 22, 2012 at 3:13 PM

I can’t wait until the WTA episode, because I think it will really be the first time on this show where the woman chosen was so universally disliked by all the other women on the show. It is going to be brutal for Ben, when the women question him and get to ask if what he saw watching the show was different from his experience while on the show with Courtney. Clearly, the women tried to warn him, but the chump could not help himself. I hope that episode gets ugly and he gets called out for his actions. He deserves it. And it will be ratings gold if it happens.

34. LynnMJ

February 22, 2012 at 3:14 PM

to bigfatwoman- LOVE reading your posts…..right on the money!

35. wisewords

February 22, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Glad I wasn’t the only one who noticed that crooked “1/2 on 1/2 off” tablecloth in the Robertson home. Is that the new “style” nowadays? Weird!

36. ds0305

February 22, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Watching Monday night’s show, I had to admit the awful truth to myself: I only watch the show the season for Courtney’s antics. In fact, if many of you stop and think about it honestly, I’m sure you will admit that some, if not most of you, do too. I know, I know, enjoying other people’s hating is trashy and shameful, but seriously, who cares if Courtney is a sociopath, putting it on for publicity or just your random, run-of-the-mill starving b*tch the producers chose to cast as the villain? I’m not defending her behavior, but I am saying that without her, there would be NO SHOW this season. I actually felt my skin crawling waiting through the monotonous first 1.5 for some action….or maybe that was watching Ben lick his lips EVERY FLIPPIN TIME he leaned in for a kiss. True not every bachelor/bachelorette is exactly the same buff adonis/cheerleader, but this guys is hands-down the least attractive guy ever. I keep waiting for him to do something endearing or find an angle where I enjoy looking at him. Hasn’t happened. It’s like the producers want to waive in our faces that the franchise built off young, good-looking morons is forcing you to watch an ugly person attempt to procreate assuredly nasty progeny.
    Anyway, back the only “action” we got for the first 90 mins was Kacie’s dad slamming his well-worn copy of the New Testament closed and proclaiming to Kacie “If he were to ask for my blessing, I wouldn’t give it!” (surprised RS didn’t comment on that as it was sorta ballz-to-the-wall awesome that someone is NOT even remotely pretending to be impressed by the doucher.) Kacie’s responsive pouting and “rebellion” in response to her dad’s unsolicited refusal was just annoying and made me hope she’s not part of the next crew on Bachelor Pad. Or maybe I do want her there, b/c I’d love to see Vienna provoke her into lashing out into a Courtney Love-style cuss-fest freak-out a la her exit intervew.
    ….But I digress. Monday night’s attempts by Courtney’s/the producer’s to make her a bit more likeable were not only obvious but, more importantly to your “who cares?” point RS, a huge frickin’ let-down. I care. I felt like I sat through “I cd see myself with this woman”/”I’m falling for this guy” blabbering for over 90 minutes only to get more of the same bullcrap w/Courtney. What, it would’ve been too much to egg Mrs. Barbara Walters Roberts on a bit more about how she knew Courtney wasn’t in love w/Ben bc he’s too dang ugly? Really? She was headed there herself, just let her go there! Alternatively, would it have been too much to have Courtney mind-f*ck a love confession outta Ben and then cut to her cackling with Princess Fiona–I mean her sister–about how she’s totally playing him?!? I mean, all you Courtney “haters” wouldn’t that have just made your blood boil?!? You know it would and the burn would feel *so* good. Making Courtney look human= annoying, predictable, pointless to watch. Bad move producers.

I guess there’s no real point to my rant other than that I can’t believe anyone is still pissed about Courtney being the final one. Really? I thank my lucky stars she’s there b/c otherwise I might be forced to stop watching from boredom and IDK, maybe like, pick up a book or something crazy. Seriously, what is the preferable alternative? Listening to Lindzi spin a 1 line text message into an endless monologue while Ben sits silently and thinks about taking a bathroom break to update his fantasy roster and play w/himself? Watching Lindzi compulsively show off her talent for shaking her head, smiling and leaning forward–(gasp!) all at the same time??? No. Boring. Lies. You don’t. You wanna see Courtney being a crazy person and delight in shrieks of horror when the villain wins. It’s a nasty truth, but no sane person should look to this show for anything other than guilty pleasure.
    PS-Did anyone else notice that during his side interviews on Kacie’s hometown date, Ben’s hair seemed to be GROWING?? It was a chin-length bob at one point. For realz.

37. morrigan0

February 22, 2012 at 5:59 PM

I’d never noticed how much the girls go ON and ON about the guy being perfect/wonderful etc to their family, it was probably a side effect of how boring this season has been. It was pretty ridiculous knowing the outcome.

Aside from that I’m surprised Lindzi didn’t mention “imporTANT” this week, her enunciation on that word has been annoying me the last few weeks. Aside from that I actually thought the vows seemed pretty heartfelt for the moment at least.

38. Athena

February 23, 2012 at 6:29 AM

ds0305, LOL! You’re so right on about this season!

39. addicted2rs

February 23, 2012 at 7:46 AM

in an ITM on Kacie’s home town date she admits she is afraid her family’s conservative morals might be a turn off for Ben and that might ruin her chances with him. Why does she act like she had NO IDEA he would let her go when she voiced concerns during her hometown date?

40. pennyfarthing

February 23, 2012 at 11:22 AM

It’s crazy how many people want to see Ben and Courtney’s relationship crash and burn. I mean, I tend to be on the more positive side of the ‘Bachelor’ viewership spectrum and even I don’t want to see him end up with her for the long term. She is just so unlikable that I think the whole world wants to see her get one big, huge wake up call that will hopefully help her to become a nicer, more well-balanced person. OY!

41. whatsherbutt

February 23, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Am I the only one that saw Ben’s look when Kacie was laughing at the stadium? He was thinking he couldn’t put up with that laugh for the rest of his life. The parents were just the final nail! Poor Kacie, though. She really would be a good catch, if she’d just cut the cord!!! I grew up in a family like that, and it gets worse!!

42. monasez

February 26, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Thanks for all these great posts…I’ve skipped so many episodes but I always catch up here. You are all so spot on and funny. I wish there was some way to give each of you a thumbs up or something (note to Steve).
    Special shout out to ds0305 and your comment, “least attractive guy ever” and tngirl’s comment “Ben’s just looking to see how many he could sleep with” … that’s probably the only reason he’s on this show.
    I didn’t realize it was so close to the end…I just might tune in this Monday.
    Note to FanofSteve: thanks to you I now love (hating) this show too. I can hardly wait to, you know, love (hate) the Emily one next….you know?