Bachelorette Emily Spoilers

The Bachelorette Episode-by-Episode Spoilers

It’s taken me three episodes, but finally here are your episode-by-episode spoilers. There were a couple last minute things I was waiting on, and outside of exactly how the Croatia rose ceremony goes down, everything is accurate. I’m still working on the ending in light of some new information I received last Friday. Could be something, could be nothing. But until I know with 100% certainty how the ending shakes out, I’m gonna hold off on reporting it, because right now I don’t know. Seems that there’s a new piece of information I get every day that either could be a big deal, or turn out to be nothing. This season has been really weird with them sequestering all three guys from the overnight dates on. A lot of misinformation floating out there.

I could easily run with what I think or what I’m hearing, but I don’t like to go off hunches. That got me in trouble during Brad’s season when I said he was with Chantal. Which ended up being funny in the end because Chantal did have Thanksgiving dinner with her family in Palm Springs that year – it’s just Brad wasn’t there. With that said, I just want to be 100% certain when I post the ending, whenever that may be. Here are your spoilers up to the overnight dates.

Episode 4: Bermuda (13 down to 10)

1-on-1: Doug Clerget. They go on a tour of the town St. George and visit King Square where a group of Bermuda Gombeys are dancing. Doug gets a rose.

Group Date: Boat racing date. Two teams of four. The Yellow team is Arie, Jef, Ryan, and Kalon. Red team is Sean, Travis, Chris, and Charlie. The Yellow team won the race.

2-on-1: John Wolfner and Nate Bakke. As reported back on back on March 29th, the date took place aboard a yacht named the “Venetian” and it ended up docking at the Fairmont Hamilton Princess Resort. At some point, the three of them go cliff diving, which was shown in the season promo. Nate Bakke is eliminated on the date.

Rose Ceremony Eliminations: Michael Nance and Charlie Grogan. Nate Bakke already eliminated earlier on the 2-on-1.

Episode 5: England (10 to 8 )

1-on-1: Sean Lowe. They go on a bus tour of London then dinner at the Tower of London. Sean gets a rose.

Group date: Eight guys rehearse a scene from “Romeo & Juliet.” The picture was posted back on April 4th courtesy of this blogger who was in attendance:

The eight guys on the date are Ryan, John, Doug, Kalon, Chris, Alejandro, Travis, and Arie. At the after party from the group date is where Emily blows up on Kalon and tells him to “Get the f*** out!” and he’s eliminated.

1-on-1: Jef Holm. There’s a picture of them making out in the promos with a water background behind them. That was from this date. He gets a rose.

Rose Ceremony Eliminations: Alejandro Velez. Kalon McMahon sent home during the after party of the Romeo & Juliet date.

Episode 6: Croatia (8 to 6)

1-on-1: Travis Pope. Tour of Old Town Dubrovnik. A lot of pictures from this date made the tabloids. Also a blogger, Kaitlin’s Big Adventures, had this posted a while back after it happened.

Group Date: Six guys and Emily get to watch an advanced screening of “Brave,” a new Pixar movie (is this “Survivor” now?), they compete against each other in a round of Highland games. Emily is Katniss and whoever wins is Peta and they get to make out while someone from District 1 tries to kill them. Or something like that. The six guys on this date are: Jef, John, Sean, Doug, Chris, and Arie.

1-on-1: Ryan Bowers.

Rose Ceremony Eliminations: Here’s what’s interesting. Only 6 guys made it to the next city of Prague, and those are the six guys that were on Highland games date. Sean, Doug, Chris, Arie, John, and Jef. So the 2 guys who got 1-on-1 dates in Croatia, Travis and Ryan, don’t advance. Yet we know that on 1-on-1 dates, you either get a rose and you’re safe, or you’re sent home. Well, neither of these guys make it to Prague, so if they’re both sent home on their date, that means there would’ve been no rose ceremony in Croatia.

However, on April 8th (when they were in Croatia), Mike Fleiss tweeted “@Emily Maynard just delivered another Bachelorette first!” Then 5 minutes later tweeted, “Turns out a rose in not always a rose.” (Nice spelling Mike). Anyway, I think in Croatia, Ryan or Travis got roses on their 1-on-1 date, then when it came time for the rose ceremony, Emily took it back. That’s my guess.

In summary, Ryan Bowers and Travis Pope did not advance past Croatia. But expect something different to go down with their eliminations.

UPDATE (11:00am 6/18): Ryan and Travis BOTH get sent home on the their 1-on- dates. When the rose ceremony starts, 6 guys are competing for 5 roses. Emily excuses herself during the rose ceremony and asks Chris if she can add a 6th rose, thus keeping all six guys who were on the group date there.

Episode 7: Prague, Czech Republic (6 to 4)

The ABC press release back on ABC press release lists a lot of the things that were visited while in Prague, without specifying who was on which date. From the press release…

“…The magnificent city of Prague plays host to Emily and her remaining men as they variously have a private dinner cruise down the Vltava River, explore a medieval castle and even have a date to marionette shop and visit the Lennon Wall of Love and a spooky dungeon…”

1-on-1: Arie Luyendyk Jr. First reported by WetPaint back on April 13th as these two were seen kissing on the Charles Bridge in Prague.

1-on-1: John Wolfner. Painted at the Lennon Wall. A blogger, ilanalerman, posted this picture back when it happened, but she since removed it.

3-on-1: Doug Clerget, Sean Lowe, Chris Bukowski were the ones who were involved with the medieval castle. Doug is eliminated during this date after becoming upset one of the other guys got a rose and not him. Sean Lowe gets the rose on this date. Update: Correction, Doug is eliminated BEFORE Sean gets the group date rose.

1-on-1: Jef Holm. They visit the Stratov Library where they make out rolling around on the floor. Jef’s hair gets messed up and he berates Emily for daring to mess with his Bruno Mars do’. They eventually get over it after Jef has a visit from his personal stylist to make sure every hair is back in place. Whew. Close one.

Rose Ceremony Eliminations: John Wolfner. Doug was already eliminated on his 3-on-1 date.

1. addicted2rs

May 30, 2012 at 7:23 AM

Good work Steve! (Suck it Haters!)

2. readformindlessentertainmentandnothingelse

May 30, 2012 at 7:27 AM

Thanks for the episode-by-episode a third into the season…but really? Are YOU of all people criticizing someone’s writing ability? If I was bored enough I’d go through and count the number of errors you have in your columns. But it’s not worth my time. Like you always say to your “haters,” haters gonna hate. I’m sure that’s what ‘ole Mike thinks of you.

3. lucky

May 30, 2012 at 9:00 AM

No other site does this, so why the complaints? Thanks Steve; excellent work!

4. thebadseed

May 30, 2012 at 9:04 AM

I love the spoilers, they’re truthfully the only thing that keeps me interested in the show! I’m pulling for Sean – I don’t Jef is assertive enough to handle her, and Arie’s motives (and history) are dubious. But she’ll probably go for the flashy race car driver.

5. canada girl

May 30, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Thank you for the spoilers, however you should still say whom you think she is with and if you want to avoid people saying you were wrong then put it CAPS This is the ending I have so far but it could be wrong, then add the name of the guy, just so we can have and idea.

6. duckyglass

May 30, 2012 at 9:11 AM

TO: readformindlessentertainmentandnothingelse

You need to insert a comma after your prepositional phrase in line three. For future editing advice, know that when a prepositional phrase is five words or more, a comma is essential.

You may now commence with your douchebaggery.

7. readformindlessentertainmentandnothingelse

May 30, 2012 at 9:41 AM

@DG, you may now kiss my ass.

Thanks for taking the time to edit my comment on a blog. My degree is in Accounting, not English, so your prepositional phrase BS doesn’t interest me. Is a comma really that essential? Because it sounds like you got my point without it.

8. readformindlessentertainmentandnothingelse

May 30, 2012 at 9:48 AM

And if commas are so essential, so is legitimate word usage. Douchebaggery isn’t even a word except on urbandictionary. Which if that’s where you get your grammar advice, that explains a lot more than I thought. I blame it on your parents.

9. rs607

May 30, 2012 at 9:49 AM

This is my FAV thing each season since Steve’s done this. I literally would not watch Bach w/o this guide b/c I’m sick of being sucker punched by the Fleissssleazer. What other show takes pride in screwing over and messing w/ their audiences and main star? I hate MF and his lowlife way, but I watch it only thanks to your guide to avoid being screwed over by his BS.

10. yousmell

May 30, 2012 at 9:54 AM

@duckyglass

Don’t feed the troll.

11. justa_viewer

May 30, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Every time I see that photo of Jef, I feel like it should be captioned “What me worry?”

12. JovisMom

May 30, 2012 at 10:24 AM

If she doesn’t pick Sean she should pull a Brad Womack and pick no one. The cat is out of the bag w\ Arie, and no matter how much I try I just don’t see it with Jef. He seems like a DB to me. Has anyone seen these TeamJef or GotJef T-shits wetpaint is selling? I know it is for charity and all but how full of yourself do you have to be to put your name on a shirt like that? Hey Jef, “The Geek” for 16 Candles called and wants his hair and clothes back!

13. JovisMom

May 30, 2012 at 10:25 AM

*from

14. cammie99

May 30, 2012 at 10:25 AM

RS said: “It’s definitely be tougher to come by this season than in the past, that’s for sure.”

To quote you….Nice spelling Steve!

P.S. These are the lamest spoilers ever.

15. CaliGirl

May 30, 2012 at 10:43 AM

LOL Cammie. You should tweet that to him so he definitely sees it.

16. reddla

May 30, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Big deal, there’s been so many eyewitnesses. And he still can’t take it past the final 4. Lame.

17. amandamed

May 30, 2012 at 11:27 AM

“Rose Ceremony Elimination: Chris Bukowski.” Looks like he has taken it past the final 4 @reddla. P.S. He posted that SEVERAL weeks ago and reposted at the end of today’s column.

Eyewitnesses that are saying they saw Emily and (fill in the blank) are full of it…there’s no way that, unlike EVERY other couple ever on this show, ABC is letting Emily walk around with her F1…that makes no sense.

Good to have the spoilers up to F3. Kind of surprised that variuos people (John “Wolf” and Travis “the Eggman”) made it as far as they did.

18. smcdonald

May 30, 2012 at 12:01 PM

I agree with Jovismom. No way can I see her with Jef, since his parents are evidently very active in the Mormon church. No way they will accept a non-Mormon wife for their baby. And now that we all know what a d-bag Arie is, the only outcome that will be palatable to us is Sean!

19. jenhering

May 30, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Thanks Steve! 🙂

20. RavenFischer

May 30, 2012 at 12:13 PM

To all you haters. Every time you write a negative comment, which prompts replies to your negative comment, you’re driving up traffic on Steve’s site, increasing his revenues. Hence, all your negativity is making Steve money. Keep it coming, you idiots…

21. CaliGirl

May 30, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Thank you, Captain Obvious. Just because some of us call Steve out on his BS from time to time, it does not make us “haters” or “idiots.” I enjoy coming back to this site to see if Steve has anything new, and honestly lately the comments section is more entertaining than the blogs themselves. If it helps me get through my day, I’m more than happy to keep clicking. RS has provided me with tons of entertainment over the years so I have no problem giving him traffic to his site. (which is most likely a fraction of a penny for each click)

22. jgunn

May 30, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Thanks for the spoilers Steve! You’re the best! No one does it like you, no matter what anyone else says. Period.

23. rubylu

May 30, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Love reading your stuff RS, but MAN! These comments…bitches be crazy! It’s so easy when you can hide behind a computer screen.

24. lilqueenof5

May 30, 2012 at 3:29 PM

@smcdonald are you Mormon? Do you know all Mormons? I didn’t think so, so how can you say his family would not accept her in the family. You are so wrong. Your prejudging and that’s wrong.

25. carol1975

May 30, 2012 at 3:29 PM

It still baffles me why someone is labeled a “hater” when they have a different opinion than the majority. And I dare say, probably the majority nowadays are the people who don’t like the increasingly condescending tone Steve’s blog has taken the last few seasons. Most people say, again and again, that they appreciate the information-part of the blog but don’t like to be treated like Steve is doing them a favor. I don’t think that saying that is being a hater.
    In my opinion, it’s a fairly reasonable issue to bring up, and call Steve out on, like CaliGirl says.

26. aatxcutie

May 30, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Holy ch*t, the lovers are spitting venom today. What’s got ya’ll so pissed off?

Anybody with the word addicted in their name or a raven calling people idiots lose all credibility instantly.

I’ve got my very lame ep-by-eps finally, no reason to stick around reading pathetic comments from the obsessed ILOVEYOUSTEVEIEYOURETHEBESTEVER crowd.

27. elizabeth82

May 30, 2012 at 4:23 PM

It’s bewildering that the comments have become dominated by bitter talk about RS–let’s talk about the show! The order of eliminations is somewhat surprising: as amandamed mentioned, really, Wolf and Travis make it that far? Ryan shouldn’t make it that far either after his foot-in-mouth moment during the last episode and how he seems like he’s more into the competition than connecting with Emily. And Charlie let go so soon? I don’t mind not having the F2/F1 spoiled (yet). Damn, Arie is a good kisser–no surprise he makes it far. I like Jef, but they sure aren’t showing much of him, and he and Emily together seem like a mismatch (though again, we haven’t seen much). Sean doesn’t seem as interesting, but nice, and all about his faith and taking “the lead” in a family, which is something Emily has said she’s looking for.

28. CaliGirl

May 30, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Elizabeth82 I agree about the order of eliminations seeming odd! I wouldn’t have expected Wolf and Travis to make it that far either. Kalon, too! I liked Ryan in episode two but he appeared so full of himself and douchey this week.

29. elizabeth82

May 30, 2012 at 4:43 PM

^Yes, Kalon, too (almost goes without saying)! She seems to have built him up in her mind as a “gentleman,” well-raised, wealthy, etc. When in reality he’s pretentious, smug, and also pings my gaydar!

30. penguinfan01

May 30, 2012 at 4:56 PM

I wish to hell that the ignorant morons would stay off of this site, and let the real fans enjoy it. I don’t understand if you hate something, then why do you keep reading and commenting. If I hate something I avoid it. I guess some people need to get a life. The real issue here is that Steve does what the others can’t do or are afraid of ABC to attempt. We all need to band together and fight ABC who is trying to manipulate our Constitutional right of freedom of speech. There has to be something we can do together to fight this. If there are 8 million or so people watching the show, then a good portion of that can make a difference. Should we take to Facebook? Anyhow, if everyone passes the info along, we should be able to make a difference. Are you with me?

31. CaliGirl

May 30, 2012 at 5:36 PM

penguinfan01, which “ignorant morons” are you referring to? Just because someone speaks his/her opinion or may disagree with Steve on something, it doesn’t mean they should stay off the site. And you’re right, freedom of speech IS important. Which is why it’s perfectly okay for people to comment on this blog, regardless of if they love it or hate it.

Other than the petition that Matthew Chan started on change.org, I’m not sure if anything else has been started in defense of RS. I posted that link to my FB page a while back and a few of my friends signed the petition too. I just now went to see if I could copy and paste the link here, but the petition has been closed. It got 2044 out of the 5000 signatures needed.

32. gingerbear

May 30, 2012 at 6:19 PM

I’m also hoping she picks Sean, he seems like a good guy. Although they haven’t really shown much of Jef yet, but he could be the silent underdog here and come out as the surprise winner. After reading about Arie, I was so disillusioned cause he seems so genuine on the show. He was too good to be true, I guess. I hope Emily makes the right choice. After watching the show though, Emily seems more and more like she can handle it if it doesn’t work out. She’s not as weak as I initially thought she was.

33. meggie82461

May 30, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Funny, I couldn’t disagree more about the comments about the final 3. I think Arie is a player/douche and Sean is a pretty face and nothing else. Jef would be my pick, he’s cute, interesting, and an overall good person. Who cares if his parents are mormon… last time I checked someone’s parents aren’t making their child’s decision. maybe they just want him to be happy, but irregardless, it doesn’t matter if they do or don’t agree. I mean, he went on the show for a lead who wasn’t mormon

34. RDTF

May 30, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Caligirl – stop. enough. freedom of speech has nothing to do with this site. you sure know how to ruin an experience for people.

35. stuxy

May 30, 2012 at 8:51 PM

I agree with meggie… Jef seems genuine. A bit of a baby face, but a pretty good guy. I have a friend who is mormon, and she and her family are some of the kindest ppl I know. I don’t think that Jef’s parents are going to be haters just because Emily isn’t one of them. I’m rooting for Jef (esp if he gets a haircut, lol!)

36. stuxy

May 30, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Also, I wish Steve would give us his ‘this is the rumoured F1’ info. I don’t care if it’s not 100%, I’m just curious to see the rumours… 🙂

37. meggie82461

May 30, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Yes stuxy I agree, the hair isn’t my favorite, but I do like that he doesn’t care what people say about his hair (or him). Besides, Ryan looks like he has bedhead, his isn’t great either.

38. CaliGirl

May 30, 2012 at 10:29 PM

I am sorry you feel that way, RDTF.
    I’m certainly not trying to ruin anything for anyone.

Moving on.. What does everyone think about the spoilers that Jef is the F1? I wonder if RS has been given that same info but hasn’t been able to lock down the details yet. I think we’ll be able to tell more after they show Emily’s one on one with him the week after next.

39. therawtruth

May 30, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Thanks for the play by play Steve, love it!
    Remember when Jef shared with Emily’s girlfriends at the park that he had dated a women with two children? From what I understand from my Mormon friends in Salt Lake City, a practicing Mormon would not get a divorce or date a divorced woman with two children unless she is a widow; it wasn’t shared in the clip if Jef’s ex-girlfriend was a widow, unmarried, or divorced. Jef dating a woman with two children, I am sure his parents and five siblings all knew about it, with that said, I am sure Jef’s parents or any of his five siblings would not have an issue with Emily or her daughter; she has never been married which is a plus in the Mormon religion.
    From what I have heard, Jef is not a practicing Mormon any longer, although he did complete his two year mission.
    It was shocking to read Brad’s latest interview and listen to it on the radio station he went on retracting his previous statement about dodging a bullet with Emily and the truth was that he misses her and wishes she finds love. That he can’t watch the show because he doesn’t want to watch her move on. Sounded like he was still harboring feelings for her. Wonder if he emerges again at some point?

40. therawtruth

May 31, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Happy Birthday Steve!

41. Dianne

May 31, 2012 at 6:21 AM

@stuxy – Steve doesn’t “do” rumours. If you read his post completely, you’d see that he’ll only report the F1 when he’s 100% certain, and not before.

@RDTF – Who exactly are you to tell anyone to “stop”?? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, whether you like it or not. If you don’t like what someone posts, skip over it and keep your snide comments to yourself; they’re nasty and un-called for.

And whoever is planning on calling me “police” or something along those lines, save it..it’s old, boring, and I’ve been called a heck of a lot worse!

42. luscinia

May 31, 2012 at 6:36 AM

Just to clear up the Mormon thing . . . I’m a Mormon, and I can absolutely say that Mormons are not forbidden to marry outside their religion, and they can and do get divorced. Also, there is nothing in our religion that would keep someone from marrying a person who has been divorced. It’s not frowned upon, either. Some of my best friends in the church are in their second Mormon marriage. Although we do take marriage very seriously (as do people of other–or no–religions), we are not required to stay in a marriage that is not working. So, with that said, I can’t imagine that Jef’s parents would have a problem with Emily for any of those reasons. If they do, it is a personal issue and not something mandated by their religion.

Moving on . . . I haven’t seen enough of any of the guys to really care who wins, but like others, I’m a bit surprised some of them make it as far as they do. Then again, someone has to fill those slots during the season, and I’m sure Emily had it narrowed down to a handful very quickly and didn’t really care who stayed around to fill out the pool. 🙂

43. JovisMom

May 31, 2012 at 7:32 AM

I just don’t see Emily moving… She is comfy with her friends, her mom serving her breakfast in bed, and Ricki’s grandparents. She wants to stay in Charlotte, I believe she said something like that to Brad and he didn’t want to leave Austin….Let’s think about this serioulsy… Jef is not moving his entire company to the other side of the country, Arie is a DB and the only reason he would move would be because he no longer has any friends b/c of the cluster F— that he is involved with that RS told us about… The only one that I can see moving is Sean. He works for State Farm, you can do insurance anywhere, he would just need to get his NC license.

44. aatxcutie

May 31, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Agree with Dianne and CaliGirl, @RTDF it wasn’t even CaliGirl that was preaching about freedom of speech, it was a reply to penguinfan01 who started the whole blast about how we should all donate and protect Steve from ABC and our freedom of speech.

Play nice around here, it’s okay to disagree with RS’ opinions because this is a blog with a comments section, but leave the name calling of we readers out of it. There’s no reason to call people idiots, bitches, maxipads or any other derogatory stuff. I had to climb down off my horse and stop insulting Steve, and I feel a heckuva lot better for it. Still disagree with him, but we all have rights to our opinions. That’s my legal-eagle speech for the day.

<—– Team Jef

45. liz123

May 31, 2012 at 7:59 AM

Emily has actually said she’d be willing to move. And anyone who would marry someone (or get engaged to someone) only because they’re the only one willing to move is an idiot. Yeah, that’s really gonna work out. Uh-huh. That’s just not logical way to choose a partner, JovisMom– even though I do like Sean.

Oh and another thing, I think it’s kind of silly that everyone is harping on Emily for her mom serving her breakfast in bed. Don’t you all think that was just set up for the show? Of course it was. I’m sure on a normal day her mom is not doing that. Good grief. Please remember this is still a silly TV show that’s full of silly crap that people don’t normally do.

46. hotchacha

May 31, 2012 at 8:20 AM

@ penguinfan01

This isn’t truly a “freedom of speech” issue regarding Mike Fleiss suing Steve Carbone. He’s suing him for paying and attempting to pay people money for information. Explain to me how you’re going to spin that to the “8 million” Bachelor franchise watchers who don’t give a crap into a Constitutional Rights issue. Not going to happen. You’re under the wrong impression because Steve has carefully worded his point of view and it’s misleading. This isn’t going to turn into a grassroots Komen pulling funding from PP and being shamed for it, them Komen being exposed for fraudulent practices. If anything, supporters of Steve might learn some unpleasant facts about him through this lawsuit. He crossed lines and is now being sued for it. Doesn’t matter who signed a confidentiality agreement.

I can appreciate your energy and gusto I’m terms of Let’s Fight the Man! here, but your energy and time would be much better spent elsewhere. Steve’s a big boy and he’s already been given $10,000 by readers of his site. I’d consider that lucky on his part that he has such supportive, unquestioning, and generous followers. I wish they’d spend their hard-earned money on actually worthy causes, but that’s my opinion.

Signed,

Red Wings fan

47. oyoung1117

May 31, 2012 at 9:17 AM

If I had to guess, despite all the rumors that say it is Jef, editing has me thinking it is Arie. The music and the camera work seemed to be trying to make us fall in love with Arie. Which could also mean he is the next Bachelor. Sean is my favorite, but the way they do editing my guess is he is not the final one. Jef is such a weirdo. From the one F to bizarre hair. I don’t see what she likes except maybe the money and the disinterested game he is playing. A girl as gorgeous as Emily is probably not used to a guy not seeming to impressed, so she is working for it. But it also the money.

48. tnoft

May 31, 2012 at 11:29 AM

This is my prediction. She chooses none of the bachelors, and she is dating Chris Harrison (and will marry him eventually).

49. roxygirl

May 31, 2012 at 12:14 PM

I could wrong about this as I do not know the in’s and the out’s of the show- for episode 7 it says John “wolf” goes on a 1 on 1 but he is eliminated at the rose ceremony. Can you have a 1 on 1 where the outcome is neither a rose or being sent home?

50. aatxcutie

May 31, 2012 at 1:17 PM

AMEN Hotchacha, even though you are a Red Wings Fan 🙂 Big time Dallas Stars and Mike Modano fan here. There are a bazillion worthy causes out there for innocent abandoned children, abused animals, the elderly. Freely giving money to someone to pay their legal fees for something shady (and this coming from an attorney), well, to each his own. No $$$ from this reader. It’s a shame that the millions of hungry kids don’t have a DONATE button.