The Bachelorette 8 - Emily

The Bachelorette Recap Including the “Burning Love” Videos & The Lawsuit is Over

-Before the cocktail party starts, they made sure to show us Ricki doing schoolwork in Bermuda. Because we all know that Ricki probably spent hours upon hours with her head buried in books as she traveled the world in April. Uh huh. I guess this was supposed to justify to America that taking Ricki out of school for a month was o.k. because she was taking her spelling tests in a hotel room. And holy crap! She got them all right! Yay Ricki! We’re so proud of you! Next time don’t cheat since you have no teacher or other students around. Just for that, you now get to move on to London with mommy! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! You know what’s even worse than them showing us a clip of Ricki doing her homework in Bermuda? Emily pulling Alejandro aside at the cocktail party to make us think she has a remote interest in him too. “The time we spend together is time well spent.” It is? What time you’ve spent together? You mean the time that the producers haven’t bothered to show us because you’re not relevant to any storyline this season? Ahhh, gotcha. Ale-ale-jandro, Ale-ale-jandro, it’s time to go back to tending your mushroom farm. Your mushrooms miss you.

-A lot of you have asked in the last 12 hours why Jef was dressed in khaki shorts and knee high socks at the cocktail party. My answer? I don’t have a freakin’ clue, but he looked ridiculous. Call it edgy, say that’s just Jef being care free, call it funny – I call it dumb. No guy has ever worn shorts to a rose ceremony before. But I guess now because this 12 year old is allowed to dress like he’s attending Oktoberfest, it’s now acceptable? Ok, whatever you say. Lets just let Jef be Jef and march to the beat of his own drum. He’s obviously different from the rest of the pack on this show. As the cocktail party wore on, Ryan continues to impress Emily with his brilliance. And by impress I mean “completely manipulate.” Ryan: “God has blessed me in a lot of ways. I’m romantic, athletic, charming…I’m evaluating Emily…I feel like I’m called to something bigger.” This editing job kept going back and forth between him with Emily, then after Arie interrupted him, he was sitting with Michael talking about “Bachelor Augusta,” yet, you never actually saw him saying these words to Michael. We just saw the back of his head with a voice over, so they obviously played around with his edit. Sure he said it, but the context of how it was shown on the show I’m guessing wasn’t the way he was asked. There are numerous different ways as to why Ryan could’ve been talking about being the “Bachelor Augusta” in an ITM. All part of the edit. He said it, he’s gotta live with saying it, but I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt on this one since it seemed to come out of nowhere. Regardless though, most people think he’s an egomaniacal ass at this point and his bed is made.

-After Arie interrupted Emily with Ryan, he puts her on the spot and says, “Tell me what you really think of me?” Huh? Did he really just ask her that? Just wait til she actually finds out you used to bang her producer. Then I think you’ll get an honest answer of how she really feels about you being on the show. And I will stand by the information I was given a month ago that Emily did find out about Cassie and Arie during filming and wasn’t happy about it. Will they show it? Probably not. Did it happen? Absolutely. Is she over it? I’m sure she is. But she had no idea until after filming had begun that Arie and Cassie had a prior relationship. I don’t think the relationship itself is what bothered her (it was 9 years ago), but I’m guessing she was probably just more bothered by the fact that it definitely makes it seem like Arie was cast on the show more for his personal gain than it was for Emily, and since she liked him, obviously that’d bother someone. Emily seems to be taking this process somewhat seriously, and to find out a guy on the show used to date your producer and is still friends with her to this day, then yeah, that’d probably set you off for a bit. It’d be impossible not to question a guy’s motives at that point.

-Sean’s up next to talk to Emily. Emily: “I feel really strongly about you…” Sean: “How would Ricki handle you getting married?” Hmmmmm, she’s six. I’m guessing Ricki doesn’t quite grasp the concept of marriage just yet. Call me crazy. To her, what guy mommy is seen with is just another guy she can have make believe tea parties with. Or fly a kite with in Brad’s case. When mommy dates Jeremy Shockey, I don’t think Ricki is looking at him as her possible future daddy. Not to mention with cameras following her around wherever she goes, she’s oblivious to what the hell is even going on. I think Emily is even saying in interviews she’s telling Ricki it’s one elaborate home video that they’re making. Someone did tell Sean that Ricki is six and not sixteen, right? I don’t think Ricki’s tutor in Bermuda is teaching her about the sanctity of marriage just yet. Maybe next semester. So Sean and Emily just figure it’d be best to make out at this point. Which means she’s only made out with two guys so far on the show, Sean and Arie. Big deal.

-Well, not according to Doug and Ryan it isn’t. The two guys (outside of Joe) who have received 1-on-1 dates thus far and didn’t get any kiss of any kind are now sitting around talking and trying to convince themselves that “kissing someone doesn’t mean a strong connection.” Uh huh. You keep telling yourself that. Especially on a show like this, it means EVERYTHING. Funny how the older Doug and Ryan can’t seem to score with Emily, yet three younger guys have already kissed her (Sean, Arie, and Chris) with another pipsqueak about to make his move next week in Jef. Doug and Ryan are delusional. Maybe that’s what happens when you share the same needle.

-Time for Chris to step in and officially begin the war of words with Doug over his comments about being more mature since he’s older. He’s mad because Doug said he didn’t think Chris was ready to be a husband and father at 25. This has got Chris’ panties all up in a bunch. His barely-out-of-college-only-one-serious-relationship ass confronts him immediately.

Chris: “Why are you the better man?”
Doug: “You’re being immature.”
Chris: “I’m never gonna back down to you…I don’t believe you.”
Doug: “Believe what?”
Chris: “Just you in general…the way you are, the way you act…”

Ummmmm, can we call this argument a tie for last? There was zero resolution to any of it, both of them were being stubborn in their statements, and frankly, I’m already sick of both of them. What a bunch of whiny babies. If Chris and Doug argue in a forest, does anybody hear it? Great, we get it Chris. You don’t like Doug calling you young. And Doug, because you’re the oldest guy left with a son that could be competing on this show in about 9 years, we get that you’re more mature than everyone else. Chris, you’re never gonna convince Doug you’re mature enough, and Doug, you’re never gonna convince him that you’re not acting like you’re better than him. Now drink up some more boys. There needs to be more fake contrived arguments since this show is seriously lacking in the drama department this season.

Page 5 of 6« First...23456

1. cinderelle

June 6, 2012 at 1:34 AM

I am watching so called reality show like zoo, and enjoy it more with knowing the probable ending. Kind of reminds me of childhood. I was reading Agatha Christie´s Ten little niggers in my treehouse and couldn´t help but look at the last few pages because first a) I was dying to know b) I could analyze the drama and observe the most important character during reading.

As we all know, the final three are Arie, Sean and Jef. Jef looks like cute innocent kid, seems truly genuine, whatever that means with person who agrees to find love in front of TV. But Emily looks like his older mature sister and I can´t see them together for more than a lovely playful weekend. She said she wants someone else to be in charge, to be the boss, well, Emmie, Jef is great guy but definitely not a leader.

Sean would be the safe, rational and pleasant choice, he seems like family type, gentleman and good-dad and husband material. Charming, loyal and maybe little bit boring.

But here comes Arie and as we all know, some like it hot. And this guy, despite questionable motives and wild past, has the looks, the disarming charm and the wit. Apparently good kisser, which helps too. Loads of passion, tons of romance but I cannot see him settling down. But his editing so far is picture perfect, so maybe he is the final choice, after all, women tend to pick the same types of men. Or racerboys.

I´m also pleasantly suprised by Emily´s behavior so far, especially being quite honest. From Brad season, I remember her like a plain sweetie lacking any personality with tragic past and fake boobs, but now she is very interesting lead.

I would also love to get some new info about Bachelor Pad Cast. Summer is coming and some guilty pleasure will be needed.-)

2. healersdaughter

June 6, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Unfortunately, I grew up around guys like Ryan, who mix their definition of masculinity with Christianity and sexism, and are far more interested in themselves than the people around them.

More importantly: her body language shows that she feels threatened by him and insecure, not valued. Does he not see how weird that is?

Despite Steve’s beliefs about him, Arie seems much more genuine about him. And dude, lay off the man. Sure, he knew his past would be dug up if he went on the show, but crowing about a man’s personal conquests after a breakup is NOT classy. Stop digging for dirt where there isn’t any, and find out if there are any REAL stories (i.e. guys being dishonest NOW about what they are CURRENTLY doing, or did while on the show).

3. healersdaughter

June 6, 2012 at 1:41 AM

* sorry, added a random “about him” after “genuine.” Unneeded.

4. mich802

June 6, 2012 at 5:26 AM

I just want to know who she ends up with. Happy it won’t be Chris or Ryan.

5. readformindlessentertainmentandnothingelse

June 6, 2012 at 6:29 AM

@aatxcutie, thanks for that info! Wonder if said contestant was Holly, you know there was that Twitter thing a while back where someone asked why RS didn’t like her and she said because she wouldn’t give him info,…wonder if she’s the one that let the cat out of the bag about his methods.

6. Dianne

June 6, 2012 at 7:35 AM

@readfor – that wouldn’t surprise me one bit. I can just see Holly linking up with Jesse C (who Steve also detests), and blowing the whistle on him to ABC.

7. liz123

June 6, 2012 at 7:45 AM

@scavanau, who cares about the spoilers? I’d say the large majority of people who read this blog read it for the spoilers & only the spoilers. A lot of you continue to ask why the “whiners” keep coming back if we don’t love RS’s recaps- well, the spoilers are your answer. It doesn’t seem like it’s that difficult a concept to me. Please, post in this comment section if you don’t care one bit about getting spoilers. I’d love to see how many of you there are. I’m willing to bet there aren’t too many.

@Maxi, you’re totally entitled to your opinion on Doug & I respect that. I was just stating my own. I know that he is a favorite of a lot of people, so you’re not alone in your thinking. I just don’t personally see it… But then again if we all had the same taste in men there’d be a lot of single people in the world! 😀

8. cammie99

June 6, 2012 at 8:33 AM

readformindless… said:

I concur! Great observation!

9. Cndgirl

June 6, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Umm @cinderelle I’m pretty sure that’s not the name of Agatha Christies book, and I sincerely hope some weird spellcheck accidentally put that in and you didn’t mean to write that….!!!!!!

10. addicted2rs

June 6, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Question, what is Bachelor Augusta?

Observation: Brad said he nearly went broke buying Emily expensive gifts – jewelry, shoes etc… so she wants a man who can afford to buy her gifts and treat her like a princess. Who wouldn’t want that? ABC cast her a bunch of guys that do not fit that bill, but Arie does.

11. liz123

June 6, 2012 at 9:35 AM

HaHaHa, @Cndgirl, I noticed that too, but cinderelle’s post was so weird with random words stuck in, words missing, & partial sentences that I’m praying she’s either on a smartphone & doesn’t proofread or she’s on drugs. Are there any other explanations for a post so weird?! But then again what phone changes “indians” (which is what she must have meant) to THAT word?!?! Scary post, honestly.

12. qqqq

June 6, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Scary? That is in fact the original title of the book, which even 10 seconds of research would show you if you didn’t know, before insulting someone and saying they are on drugs!

13. JovisMom

June 6, 2012 at 10:10 AM

@ qqqq – Ha! Learn something new everyday! Thanks for the link. I thought cinderelle grammer was a little off and she might have been from a different country.
    🙂

14. liz123

June 6, 2012 at 10:54 AM

@qqqq, I did not know that as the title was changed in the US to include the word “indians” and remove that vilest of vile words. Honestly, I’m glad I didn’t know that. Even if I did, I don’t think I would’ve posted that word here regardless. You think I offended someone by saying they seem to be on drugs, but what about the people that are offended by the posting of the ‘n’ word?! Whether you’re on drugs or not is your choice. Whether you are an African American or not isn’t your choice. So what if it’s the title of a book?! I could think of a lot of literary titles with words in them that I sure as hell wouldn’t post here- especially when it has absolutely nothing to do with anything being discussed. I think you’re probably a racist if you’re offended by drugs, but not by the ‘n’ word.

15. JovisMom

June 6, 2012 at 11:01 AM

@ liz – Gotta disagree w\ you on that, people in different countries use words that we don’t. The word “bloody” as in “what a bloody mess you made” in England (from what I heard) is as bad as the F—ing word here. Maybe the “N” word is not taboo where she lives as it is here and she does not know any better. When I read it I thought it might of been a typo as well until qqqq cleared it up, but I wasn’t about to bash someone for getting a typo. It’s clear that English (or American style English) is not her first language. I give her credit for trying.

16. elizabeth82

June 6, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Yeah, I think that commenter is foreign. Re. And Then There Were None, it’s an excellent mystery and one of the top-selling books of all time! I highly recommend it if you haven’t read it (it was also made into a play and two movie versions). Just unfortunate about its original title . . . which then morphed into “Ten Little Indians,” “Ten Little Soldiers,” and finally And Then There Were None.

Ryan was ridiculous in this episode. He barely made any sense. Bewildering that she did not get rid of him. He’s borderline-insulted her multiple times, and it’s like she’s torn between finding it funny, finding it flirtatious, and being insulted. He and Kalon should’ve been sent packing already.

Kinda funny how disgusted she looked when Doug didn’t kiss her after she gave him the rose on the 1-on-1. Yet she’s willing to give Jef a pass on not kissing her yet (clue that she likes him more). I’m looking forward to next ep so we can see Jef’s 1-on-1 finally and also Kalon get booted (finally)!

17. liz123

June 6, 2012 at 11:37 AM

@JovisMom, I mean I guess I can see what you’re saying about English (or American English) not being someone’s first language, but I don’t know of a country in which that word is used where it is acceptable. I know in Great Britain that word is just as offensive as in the US. The same is true of Canadians & Australians (even if only because of its American English definition). In fact, in qqqq’s own link they mention that the title of the book was changed to “And Then There Were None” in Great Britain. I don’t think your analogy regarding the use of the word “bloody” is comparable because that word that does not disparage an entire race of human beings.

18. kasey31

June 6, 2012 at 9:13 PM

can i just say one thing? i absolutely love the fact that the comments posted more recently seem to be so much more considerate and polite… not only in regards to rs, but just to each other in general. it’s a really nice change of pace and good to see that everyone seems to be more open to “agreeing to disagree” on certain topics.. it truly makes coming to this site much more enjoyable.. after all, we all have one thing in common.. we love watching this show 🙂

the best part of the column for me were the burning love videos! i have never seen them before.. i thought i would literally die laughing!!!!!

19. Cndgirl

June 9, 2012 at 8:02 PM

OMG I just watched the burning love videos – and they are so hilarious – completely agree @kasey31 – and I think they have them every Monday – in all honesty, I think I will end up looking forward to those webisodes more so than the Bachelorette! Too funny…

20. lasuziq

June 13, 2012 at 4:28 PM

I’ve always been so excited to get home in anticipation of Bachelor/bachelorette. This season with Emily is so boring.

Emily is pretty but how far does that go? I’d much prefer a cute/pretty Bachelorette with a sense of humor and fun personlity.

On the plus side I can make phone calls, balance my checkbook, play with the dogs, go outside and not miss a thing. Snore.

Hopefully the next Bachelorette will have more to offer..