Dr. Reality Steve

“Reader Emails,” “Dr. Reality Steve,” Is Roberto the Next Bachelor, & US Weekly Is At It Again

Definitely will be doing a live video blog tonight as I’m sure a lot of you have questions regarding yesterday’s column about the lawsuit. One change: I’m going to move it up an hour tonight to 8PM EST/5PM PST as I’m heading out to Fort Worth to see a friends band play and I need to give myself a good 45 minutes to an hour to get out there. Come on out to Tomcats in Ft. Worth tonight and check out “Blameshift.” As I said, there is nothing in the Agreement that says I can’t talk about it. However, it’s a 14 page Agreement that has a bunch of details in it that frankly, are between me and the Plaintiffs. I will answer what I can, but just know, I’d really like to kinda put this thing behind me and not answer every specific detailed question you have about the case. I’ve done an interview with WetPaint that I will tweet out later today, and I’m sure I will be doing some radio interviews, but it’s more to talk about the case in general, and not every specific piece of the Agreement. So I will answer what I can and what I feel you should know, and hopefully yesterday’s column gave you a pretty good idea of what this whole thing was about.

The biggest news this week is probably the conflicting reports coming out from two different tabloids that Roberto is going to be the next “Bachelor.” Life & Style is reporting that he’s going to do it and the contract is signed. US Weekly came out yesterday and said Roberto has been approached, but that he has “no interest” in doing it. Well, after making some calls the last 48 hours, I can tell you right now that Life & Style’s report is true. Roberto is absolutely going to be the next “Bachelor.” Mark it down. I had heard a few weeks ago they were after him hard but that he hadn’t made up his mind yet. So when L&S’ story broke on Tuesday, I wanted to see if it was legit. It was. ABC won’t comment, and I’m guessing the earliest we’ll hear anything about the announcement of the next “Bachelor” is Emily’s finale on July 16th, but rest assured, it’s 1000% signed, sealed, delivered that Roberto will be the next “Bachelor.”

Also, I can tell you EXACTLY how US Weekly will play this out over the next month or so. Basically, they were outscooped by Life & Style. So in return, they ran with their “Roberto has no interest in being the Bachelor” story yesterday. Then in about two weeks, you’ll see them report “We’re hearing negotiations are heating up between Roberto and ABC and he’s re-thinking it now,” or something to that effect. Then later on, US Weekly will eventually come out with a story sometime in July with the likes of, “Exclusive to US Weekly: Roberto Martinez to be the next Bachelor!” and in that story, they will claim that reports that surfaced earlier about him signing a contract way back when were untrue, and that THEY have it from THEIR sources that the deal is done now, he just signed, blah blah blah. They are very predictable. You watch it over the next two months. It’s exactly what’ll happen. Roberto is the next “Bachelor.”

As for US Weekly’s front page Emily hatchet job this week? Yet again, predictable. Remember, it’s not like we just found out who Emily was this season. They are basically re-running stories they ran when she was on Brad’s season – she likes guys with money, she always wanted to be the “Bachelorette,” she’s a diva etc. None of this is anything they haven’t already ran in the past. However, they also threw in two stories worth mentioning:

-That when she found out during filming about Arie and Cassie’s relationship, she let him go immediately
-That she had a prior connection to Jef because Michelle Money’s brother, Doug Cartwright, called her and told her to keep him around.

Remember, when I first reported that Emily wasn’t happy when finding out about Arie and Cassie Lambert’s past, that was while hometown dates were still filming. So to say she let Arie go immediately is untrue. She couldn’t have let him go immediately because Chris was the one that got let go during the hometown rose ceremony. So that’s just flat out wrong. I guarantee they have no sources telling them that, they’re basically jumping to conclusions based off internet reports. At some point during the week of dates filming the hometowns is when Emily found out about Arie and Cassie’s past. She did NOT let him go right there because we know Arie is at least in the final three.

And the story about Doug calling Emily to tell her to keep Jef around? Really? Based on what information? Did they listen in on the call? They’re a tabloid. I expect them to write this. Look, it’s no secret that Doug knows Jef. He’s tweeted the guy, he’s commented on his Instagram pictures, they both live in Salt Lake, etc. I don’t know what their relationship is, but it’s obvious they do know each other. US is just trying to sell magazines by creating some bogus story that Doug called her and told her to keep him around because he’s a good guy because that’s what sells. I don’t think that ever happened because not only would Doug be taking a lot of heat for that, but so would Emily. I doubt he’d ever jeopardize his friendship with her, let alone his sisters, by leaking to her information about one of her contestants before going on the show. But it sure makes a good juicy headline, which is exactly why US Weekly ran with it. I’m quite skeptical that phone call ever took place.

As for “Bachelor Pad,” quick update: Contestants arrive this weekend, with filming set to begin on Monday or Tuesday. Definitely in: Reid, Ed, Blakeley, Jaclyn, Nick Peterson, Kalon McMahon, and Michael Stagliano. Two people who definitely aren’t doing it? Ben and Courtney, as reported by WetPaint yesterday. Outside of that, a whole lot of rumors floating around. I’m hearing even Chris Bukowski might be on it. Soon enough, I’ll be able to give you the whole cast before ABC does, but just wanted to update you on when things are happening with filming. Had my dates wrong. I thought they were arriving this past Monday the 4th with filming beginning the 7th or 8th. Was off a couple days.

1. cangel44

June 7, 2012 at 10:12 AM

With Roberto being the Bachelor it gives the franchise an opportunity to have a diverse group of women for him to choose from. I am sure during his season the remaining women after the first cocktail party will a mixture of all types of women especially with the other pending lawsuit.

I will be watching. Roberto is hot.

2. athena22733

June 7, 2012 at 10:19 AM

LOL you are DELUSIONAL if you think the women for Roberto will be anything close to “diverse”! They might throw in a few, or 1, but majority will be white. His final choice will be WHITE! DUH look at Ali! Anyway, here we are another day, and still NO MORE SPOILERS!! This is not the site for SPOILERS anymore. Steve will just be doing commentary & passing on spoilers from other sites! I’m sure his video chat tonight will be full of asskissing congratulations, very few negatives and those that are will be attacked by Steve. Also, he might not think he needs to share all the details of the agreement but the people who donated $ DESERVE to know what their $ helped him do! Bottom line, we need to find a new place for spoilers!

3. Dianne

June 7, 2012 at 10:24 AM

How convenient for ABC to have a “non-caucasion” Bachelor, right after they were slapped for not having enough “non-caucasion” men. Very sneaky, ABC, very sneaky, but typical.

4. reddla

June 7, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Roberto is hot. But the kicker is Ali. Can’t stand her and can’t wait to see how she handles her expert Bachelor/ette critiquing and blogging on this one.

5. CaliGirl

June 7, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Would anyone else like to join me in donating some $ to go towards some stronger deodorant for Roberto this season? I remember once I noticed his sweat stains under his arms in practically every scene he was in, it’s all I could notice. I get that it was hot where they were, but none of the other guys seemed to have that problem.

All kidding aside, I like Roberto and think he’s a cutie. I hope he makes a good Bachelor! I am surprised he decided to do it and am assuming he’s getting a pretty big paycheck for it. Definitely not coincidental at all of the timing of this and the discrimination lawsuit.

6. cangel44

June 7, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Last time I checked Ali was the one that picked Roberto. Roberto did not pick Ali. Roberto just agreed to ask her to marry him after probably being prompted my producers.

7. Athena

June 7, 2012 at 11:12 AM

An answer to a reader’s question really puts to rest the issue of why Steve did not “admit” to offering to pay anyone money for insider information. This is what he said:
    “I could not give the Plaintiffs any ammunition while this case was going on, which is why I couldn’t say anything. We didn’t know if there’d be a settlement or if this case would eventually go to trial, so I could not afford to say anything that could be used against me. The only thing I could state publicly was what they had released publicly when the story first broke, were the emails that they leaked to the press. And the way they leaked the emails, they made it seem that all I do is pay contestants, so I was able to dispute that for the last 7 months. I knew I’d never paid anyone and that’s why I kept saying it.”

It’s clear that he couldn’t (as advised by his attorneys) say anything more about anything for fear that he would give ABC something to run with/use against him/twist to their benefit, etc. This would be standard legal advice, and he was wise to heed it.

I’m assuming he’ll expand on this more tonight, but for me, this gets at the heart of what is so troubling to so many here and makes sense to me. Yes, he did parse his answer in a way that felt less than fully honest, but he did so upon advice of legal counsel.

8. ccway

June 7, 2012 at 11:17 AM

I understand him not being able to discuss or admit to anything but why not just by pass the subject all together instead of flat out lying about it? I think people feel a little misled. Also, the spoiler for Roberto has been out since Tuesday. This isn’t breaking news. Good blog nonetheless…

9. rollingeyes

June 7, 2012 at 11:22 AM

So there you go. All you people whining because Steve didn’t tell YOU a long time ago that he had offered to pay for the info, even though he never lied about not paying for the inf, should now be satisfied with his answer. But you won’t be. He didn’t tell you everything because he couldn’t, it would jeopardize his case. He came clean now. aatxc….. (can’t spell out the whole name cuz I have a hard time believing you are “cute”) YOU of all people, being a lawyer – even if it is a corporate lawyer – should understand that he couldn’t make public all the info for fear it could be used against him. As a lawyer, wouldn’t YOU have also told him to keep his mouth shut? Now the case is settled, so he has been honest. And if people are still upset he asked for donations without giving you all the info, well, ask yourself this: If you were supportive enough to donate, would you really have wanted him to jeopardize his case? I don’t fault him at all for the way he handled things and I think he has been very humble with telling the embarrassing details of his mistake now that it is all over. But go ahead, find something else to complain about. I am quite certain some of you won’t be happy either way. And once again, let me make this clear: it is not that I am a “Steve-lover”, because I don’t even know the man. But I enjoy what he does which is why I read the blog. I don’t expect a new spoiler every day (athena22733). If you can’t be patient enough to wait until he has his “confirmation”, then by all means, YOU go right ahead and find a new place to get your spoilers.

10. CaliGirl

June 7, 2012 at 11:35 AM

@Rollingeyes, for what it’s worth, I DO feel better now about him not telling us sooner that he did offer the $. Sounds like he was advised not to, and I get that. If he addresses that in his video blog tonight and goes into more detail about why he wasn’t able to avoid misleading us, I think even more people will feel better.

I agree that he has been humble in giving us the details of everything.

@ccway, Steve wasn’t able to confirm that Roberto was the next Bachelor on Tue. He had said last he heard, they had asked him but Roberto hadn’t yet signed a contract. So yeah, him confirming it today WAS kind of breaking news.

11. liz123

June 7, 2012 at 11:46 AM

@Athena, I think everyone (even the “haters”) understood a long time ago that RS couldn’t give all or even much of the info in regards to the lawsuit b/c it was an ongoing case. You don’t have to be an attorney to figure that out. You just have to have lived on the planet earth as an adult for a few years. It’s not like he told us anything we didn’t already know. Geez. What most of us were saying was that he should have said nothing at all. Intentionally leading his readers to believe he never even offered any money & that ABC was totally off base was much, much worse that just saying “I can’t discuss the lawsuit at all b/c my attorneys have advised me not to”. That would’ve been enough & wouldn’t have made him look like such a liar… of course, it also probably wouldn’t have brought in as many donations as leading people to believe that ABC’s lawsuit was totally baseless (which we all now see it obviously wasn’t).

12. cece931

June 7, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Wow! Funny how everyone defending steve always say how negative other posters are, that we attack other posters who support steve and that we need to get off our high horses. BUT, then rollingeyes spews a gem like the above post!

I suspected from the start that he was legally advised to not mention anything. For me it’s the fact that he still put that donate button up their. Also, I still find it “shady” that he offered to pay for the info. The intent was there. But whatever, I’m still coming back to this site because I enjoy reading all of it. I just hope he does get the F1 spoiler and can post it soon. I’d feel bad for him if he didn’t get anymore spoiler info because of this and it would affect his site.

13. design1213

June 7, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Hey Steve –

If you are going to be a sarcastic prick when answering some of the questions – why bother even posting them? Why not just NOT answer them?

It’s so irritating and you come off looking like a grade A asshole. Just my opinion.

14. aatxcutie

June 7, 2012 at 12:04 PM

What design1213 said. I don’t even believe all these emails are real anyway, and I think most of the Dr. Steve emails come out of his own head. They are just way too ignorant.

He’s never posted any of my emails, no big surprise there though.

15. ccway

June 7, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Um, no it wasn’t. Don’t want to get into a p*ssing contest but it was CONFIRMED on other sites. Don’t worry, I’m not hating. Love this site. Love everyone’s comments.

16. JovisMom

June 7, 2012 at 12:30 PM

@ rollingeyes – I <3 you!! LOL!!! Your post was great!!

I am super excited for Roberto to be the next Bachelor what a hunk!!!! Way better then Mop Head Ben!!! Maybe I'll dump my boyfriend go on the show make it to the final 3 and leak spoilers to Steve!! LOL j/k! Roberto is hot and all, but I'd never leave my man for him.

17. athena22733

June 7, 2012 at 12:42 PM

LOL spoiled? gee I wonder if Steve himself is posting these responses! He hasn’t been posting daily spoiler, NO original spoilers AT ALL! He has clumped together info that’s been available on other sites. He did not spoil Roberto news either since it’s been out there all week! So where are the spoilers he HIMSELF found? It’s not being spoiled, it’s called questioning him on his bullshit & misleading statements!

18. Athena

June 7, 2012 at 1:01 PM

liz123, it’s your opinion, and others, that Steve should have “said nothing”. That’s a perfectly fine opinion. As is the idea that he wanted to address what he was allowed/advised to address. It wasn’t your call or my call or anyone else’s call but his. It wasn’t a ridiculous decision. Just different than the one you think he should have made.

In regards to the “donate” button – I don’t see how the two are linked. People asked how to help, offered to donate, he said “ok”. That’s all. I donated a few dollars that I had free to donate and whether or not I was mislead, which I do NOT believe I was, it’s no biggie.

For those who donated simply because they saw it as a free speech issue (I know you didn’t bring this up but it has been brought up), I don’t see anything that would lead me to conclude that there weren’t elements of this involved. ABC was trying to stifle someone who was under absolutely no obligation to them and who was violating no laws. To me, whether or not he wanted to pay for the information, it’s a free speech issue.

19. CaliGirl

June 7, 2012 at 1:17 PM

ccway, you don’t want to ” get into a p*ssing contest” about it, but you came back and commented AGAIN. LOL

I suppose I don’t consider anything re: Bachelor/ette “confirmed” until RS confirms it. He has a far better track record than most of the other sites, so until that is proven otherwise (sadly, very likely possible this season) I’ll continue to believe what he says re: Bachelor info. But yes you’re right, it was announced on other sites on Tue and yesterday. RS even mentioned it Tue, but said he couldn’t confirm it yet then.

20. Sunnyside422

June 7, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Well I certainly will be watching Roberto. Thought he and Chris from Ali’s season were genuine, decent guys. Hope Roberto doesn’t wind up boinking all the woman and shoot my observations to hell.

He definitely is a cutie pie with that killer smile and dimples. Too bad Ali was more interested in herself than in him. How’s stardom treating you now Ali? 🙂

21. jtee10

June 7, 2012 at 2:17 PM

I keep reading how Steve hasn’t spoiled anything this season yet he was the first to have announced some of the contestants before the show aired. He provided a bit of info on some of them and he gave episode by episode spoilers. Because he hasn’t spoiled the final 1 everybody has their panties in a bunch? I don’t get it.

22. dreamchi

June 7, 2012 at 2:26 PM

I’ve always thought that steve was a bit of a douche, (well, not always. as i’ve only been reading his blog for the last 6 months to a year or so), but still found his blog entertaining, and it (along with some of the other funny & sarcastic recap blogs out there) helped me to continue to enjoy my one tv-guilty-pleasure, as the show itself is insufferably boring, formulaic, racist, disingenuous & offensive in so many ways. However, since his disclosure the other day that he did indeed attempt to lure people with cash payments to violate their contracts with abc (a slime-pit in itself) i can’t even look at his site without getting a really sick pit in my chest.

however slimy, narcissistic & superficial the people that choose to participate on this show may be, it really sickens & disgusts me that steve attempted, apparently numerous times, to cajole them into violating their contracts, potentially placing them at considerable legal & financial risk.

this guy is a true slimeball with no moral compass whatsoever. fortunately for the ladies, they were wise enough to snub his solicitations.

additionally, steve obviously tried to manipulate his readers, with his carefully worded statements about never paying for spoilers, into thinking that he never would have attempted to do so.

not sure if i can continue to enjoy this site, as, as i said, just looking at it gives me a sick feeling now.

maybe i’ll get over it for the sake of continuing to enjoy that one asinine, guilty pleasure, but for now, don’t know. the guy & his blog are really making me sick.

23. reddla

June 7, 2012 at 2:28 PM

sunny i’m with you. you might like this:

but skip the article and read the comments, hilarious!

24. ccway

June 7, 2012 at 2:32 PM

@Caligirl – yes, I did comment again as you called my comment out by name. So, felt I was allowed to respond. What I meant is that I certainly have no plans to attack anyone and would expect the same in return. It’s really not that important to me, just a way to pass the work day. Since there seems to be ‘sides’ here, I don’t want to pick one as I agree and disagree with both. I take nothing personally as I know nobody personally. I have been reading this blog since Jake’s season and if it weren’t for this blog probably wouldn’t be watching the show. Have nothing against Steve. I love his humor and his bitchiness.:) I just calls ’em as I sees ’em. So, that’s all I meant…probably too long an explanation but….

25. wisewords

June 7, 2012 at 3:01 PM

So… last week I attempted to access reality steve from my android phone. The site came up, then a couple seconds later a s3x site popped up. Killed that thing as soon as I could! Anybody else had this happen? A lot of browsers have ways to take care of this so you’ll never see it, but what the heck is he running behind the scenes?

26. CaliGirl

June 7, 2012 at 3:25 PM

@ccway- “What I meant is that I certainly have no plans to attack anyone and would expect the same in return. It’s really not that important to me, just a way to pass the work day. Since there seems to be ‘sides’ here, I don’t want to pick one as I agree and disagree with both.”

Ditto!! I couldn’t have said it better myself. 🙂

27. newfiegirl

June 7, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Dude, you asked these people for their hard earned money for your defense. You shouldn’t have the privilege of deciding what to share re your final result. Just sayin’. And maybe I should shut my trap because I certainly did not give any money to “the cause”. My donations go to silly things like sick children and stuff.

28. penguinfan01

June 7, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Who really cares if Steve offers people money for information. It’s his site, he can get info anyway he likes. He never claimed he was a choirboy. Anyhow don’t you think ABC pays off people for their silence like in these European cities or Caribbean Islands. I would bet they do. I don’t care how Steve gets his info, as long as we get it before ABC puts it out there. I am sure that they changed their routine, letting out things early, to try to foil Steve from getting it out first. I can’t believe that they haven’t tried a live finale yet. That would get them big ratings. I hope Steve always gets the jump on them.

29. carmondy

June 7, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Sean Lowe recently started a twitter account @seanlowe09 – and one of the people he follows is the minister of a large church in Charlotte NC where Emily lives. Coincidence?? Emily follows that same minister on twitter. Could it be a clue? Or a red herring?

30. hotchacha

June 7, 2012 at 5:13 PM

@wisewords I’m on an iPhone and for the past week or so every time I check this site I’m getting hijacked by some Crackle site and one other. It’s REALLY pissing me off and I am going to stop visiting if it keeps up. What kind of malware script is it? Is Steve that desperate?!

FWIW – I read his statement about the lawsuit and had to pick up my jaw. ANY compassion I had for RS was trashed. I didn’t donate but holy smokes is that just plain wrong.

31. bigfatwoman

June 7, 2012 at 5:43 PM

I don’t think Steve’s explanation of why he withheld information makes any difference in how he conducted himself.

If you ask people for financial help without sharing important details that very likely would affect their willingness to give — THEN YOU DONT ASK!!! It’s that simple.

It’s called a moral compass. Steve doesn’t have one. I don’t think you could find any highly principled person who wouldn’t say what he did was misleading and dishonest.

I say shame on him.

And….@dreamchi — finally you said something that made sense!!

32. aatxcutie

June 7, 2012 at 6:14 PM

LOL Bigfat, dreamchi did finally see the light… Hey were you in the chat room tonight? We were looking for you!

I agree totally, misleading and dishonest and he still won’t fess up that what he did to his readers (and contributors) was wrong, just that what he did to Bach’ contestants was wrong.

Nice to meet you tonight CaliGirl, and as always Cammie, ya rock!

33. cammie99

June 7, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Nice to see you too, Aaxt! Enjoyed our conversations while RS was mumbling in the background. 🙂

34. Athena

June 7, 2012 at 7:17 PM

I have yet to have heard many (any?) people who donated complaining…only those who didn’t.

35. hotchacha

June 7, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Yeah, well, @ Athena, if those of us who didn’t donate are this outraged, imagine how many who did donate under a false impression are feeling right now. I’m going to venture that they’re not going to discuss it in a comment thread.

People who didn’t donate but feel others were scammed are being compassionate. For those who sent money to someone who misrepresented himself and the lawsuit against him.

36. kasey31

June 7, 2012 at 9:50 PM

well my last comment on another blog steve wrote a few days ago was how nice it has been lately coming to this site and reading the comments bc everyone seems to be so much more respectful towards each other..
    maybe i jinxed it by saying that? lol..

i agree with @caligirl.. doesnt matter to me if another site claims to have info regarding this show.. i dont trust the info unless steve varifies that it’s true bc he seems to really do his hw and not just blurt out whatever it is he hears.. even though he has been wrong a couple times in the past, he has always cleared it up before the finale or episode aires from what i remember..

as far as the lawsuit is concerned, im glad it is over for him.. he seems to be more at ease and relaxed now. i dont blame him for not being completely forthcoming about the compensation towards the contestants bc i know it was in his best interest and in the best interest of the site..

ps.. made me kind of sad in his vblog today that he spent his birthday with his dad and girlfriend.. 🙁

37. kasey31

June 7, 2012 at 9:52 PM

pps.. does anyone else think it’s strange that they haven’t shown promo clips for the finale of emily’s season???
    i agree with steve, i think something big happens bc they’ve usually started to aire those promos at this point in the show.. hmmmm…

38. Athena

June 8, 2012 at 5:37 AM

@hotchacha, I don’t agree with your reasoning. The people who are “this outraged”, were always “this outraged”. Nothing new with them. And, those of us who did donate really don’t need anyone to speak for us. Speaking for myself, I’m glad I donated, don’t feel cheated, and am glad for Steve, and myself that the lawsuit is settled and hopefully I’ll continue to be able to come here to get the recaps and spoilers.

39. readformindlessentertainmentandnothingelse

June 8, 2012 at 7:05 AM

The people that donated are probably more than likely as slimy as Steve. ABC doesn’t start suing someone for no good reason because a few people read a dude’s website. I read the spoilers (well, when he used to spoil…just started reading during Ben’s season), yet still watch the show. He hasn’t hurt their ratings, if anything it helps because people want to know if what’s out there is accurate. Of course they had to have good, sound reasoning for suing him. The guy is what, forty, single, lonely, desperate, and sits around trying to live vicariously through a reality television show that he acts like he despises, yet devotes his time and life to. I feel pretty sad for him and his life. There have been MANY times this season where he’s said oh, this starts this day, they are in this country, these people were there…and then he says, oops wrong about that, oops had the date wrong about that, oops can’t confirm that yet. His sources have dried up! I’m sure with all of the offering to pay contestants and staff, I would not doubt at some point he HAS paid someone, but if they got a check, they aren’t going to squeak now. It’s the people with morals that bring down scams like he’s pulling. He acts like people are dying to email him and tell him about stuff, yet he’s offering money because he’s desperate and “no one will EVER know…” Whatever.

Ok those obsessed with Steve…take it away… 🙂

40. liz123

June 8, 2012 at 7:14 AM

@Athena, I think a lot of the people who donated don’t *want* to see that they were misled (to put it nicely) because it makes them look silly. People believe what they want to believe. I think that’s why a lot of the donators defend him so passionately- it’s really more about not wanting to make themselves look naive. Maybe that’s not true of you, but I think it is of many donators.

Again, (maybe it’ll be clear this time?!), I & others fully & completely understand that Steve could not say certain things b/c he was advised by legal counsel not to. We all get it, okay? The point is, anyone with morals and/or without a blind bias in favor of Steve, would say that he was misleading & dishonest in the way he worded things & it would’ve been better to just say nothing at all to his readers in regards to the issue of paying people for spoilers (i.e., paying contestants to break their contracts)

41. ccway

June 8, 2012 at 8:45 AM

My theory is they haven’t showed any finale promos because she ends up with Chris Harrison. I don’t know why, or if I’m imagining it, but am I the only one who sees ‘sparks’ when they talk?

42. CaliGirl

June 8, 2012 at 9:16 AM

readformindlessentertainment… I don’t agree with your comment at all. I donated. Does that make me a slimy person? Nope. Sure, I feel misled about Steve’s initial communication about the lawsuit, but I don’t regret my minimal donation. The way I see it, I’ve been reading Steve’s blog every week ever since Jason’s season. The amount of laughs Steve has provided me with over the years are worth way more than what I donated. I am by no means “obsessed” with Steve- I don’t know the guy- so I don’t love him or hate him. I think he has realized he screwed up by offering $ to those contestants. Hopefully he has been humbled by the whole experience and I am happy for him that the lawsuit is over.

ccway, I don’t think you’re crazy with the whole Chris H. and Emily observation. While I don’t think they’ll end up together (ever), I DO think it’s obvious he has a massive crush on her. Chris is always smiling and happy when he talks to the Bachelorettes, but with Emily it’s different. His whole face lights up. I’m sure he secretly was stoked to get to spend so much time with her this whole season, but I would be shocked if it’s more than just a crush.

43. cammie99

June 8, 2012 at 9:35 AM

@ccway….I don’t necessarily see “sparks” when they talk, but I think CH has the hots for Emily and I would LOVE to see that ending to this season.

44. readformindlessentertainmentandnothingelse

June 8, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Cali-I said “most likely.” Meaning more likely than not. I didn’t say it was all inclusive. I’m just saying that the people not upset about it would probably do the same thing as Steve, not every single one, but most of them. And that’s my opinion as to why the steve “lovers” aren’t bothered by his behavior and misleading information to them.

45. jillbeau

June 8, 2012 at 2:22 PM

So this is a comment about Roberto as the next Bachelorette. I agree with most that he would be a good choice for the Bachelor. However, I there was an article posted on Wetpaint 2 days ago (June 6) regarding why the relationship between Ali and Roberto did not work. Here is a direct quote… “There were a number of reasons reported for the split: Roberto, an insurance salesman, wasn’t keen on Ali’s increasingly public life as a television personality, he was too much of an introvert, she was fame-hungry, etc.”. Now, I know these are “reported” reasons and may not be 100% true but I find it odd that Robert would agree to be the Bachelor if he did not want a public life. Either he changed his tune or ABC offered him quite a sweet deal to do this.

46. jillbeau

June 8, 2012 at 2:24 PM

And naturally I didn’t re-read my comment before hitting post and I referred to Roberto as the next Bachelorette and not Bachelor. Oops.

47. CaliGirl

June 8, 2012 at 3:39 PM

LOL, jillbeau! If Roberto was indeed wanting to be the next Bachelorette, he should probably changed his name to Roberta. 🙂

48. Sunnyside422

June 9, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Thanks REDDLA for the link to Ali’s blog. Maybe it’s better that she stays behind the scenes as her stint on the San Diego Channel 5 was painful to watch. She has no interviewing skills whatsoever. If she possesses any intelligence, it certainly was not on display then.

Looks like folks in SF are not happy with her blog being displayed front and center of the paper. Comments were definitely worth the read.

As for Roberto and his upcoming stint as Bachelor…for sure he was offered big bucks as was Emily and why not take the money. Good for him. And could be he might just want to give an “in your face” to Ali! Or not. Like him and he’ll be worth watching. No bachelor has held my interest in a long time so coming to RS instead of watching has been the norm for me.

Maybe no scenes of the final guys because Emily selects NO ONE ala Brad. Who’d want her anyway…that is one high maintenance woman.

49. maxi

June 9, 2012 at 10:13 PM

So, steve

50. maxi

June 9, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Lol, well, my cat just sent my partial post:)

Anyway, as I was saying: Steve, since you are not allowed to contact anyone regarding the show, who were those “phone calls” about Roberto being the next bachelor, being made to???? Lol.

IF it is Roberto, I will not be watching. I see no charm, no interest, and come on, he is the furthest thing from the “fresh” face Chris H. was pushing for.

Lastly, Steve, does your hatred for UsWeekly stem from the fact they called you out on your incorrectly naming Emily as Brads runner-up? You seem bitter.