The Bachelorette 8 - Emily

A Brief Summary of Thursday’s Video Blog and What Really Happens Tonight

Oh those tricky ABC editors are back up to their old shenanigans again. Showing you something to make you think one thing when it’s something completely different. I’ll get to that in a second. Let me first give everyone a quick recap of Thursday’s video blog.

A lot of you have asked me to summarize the video blog since you don’t have 2 hours of your life to spend listening to me talk. Fair enough. However, you see right under the video those little circles? Each circle represents every time a question was asked. The thing is, I don’t expect all of you to watch live for every single second. That’s why I signed on with Vokle, because that feature makes it so much easier for those who can’t catch the video to pick and choose what they want to hear. If you scroll your mouse over those circles, you’ll see each question that was asked to me pop up. So any question in particular that you want to hear my answer to, you don’t have to listen to all 2 hours, you can just immediately go to that question. Now granted, this week was a bit different because I went for 2 hours and took 225 questions, so it might be a bit tougher to find every single question in there, but you can still scroll over all the circles. They’re just a little more bunched up next to each other so it’s probably a tad more difficult to see every one. Just wanted to make it known to some out there, because a lot of you are saying you couldn’t watch the whole thing and maybe you didn’t realize you can skip right to any question you want to hear my answer to.

As for what I said in the first 25 minutes before taking any questions, here’s a quick summary:

-The Life & Style cover story last week of a picture of Emily with a headline “Yes, I’m Engaged” is all to make you buy their magazine. If you read the actual story, they don’t have any documented proof of them witnessing an engagement happening. Not saying there wasn’t an engagement, I’m just saying, the cover headline is very misleading since the story doesn’t really give you any details whatsoever about what went down.

-People have been asking me all season long about the ending and I’ve said the same thing, “I don’t know.” And I don’t. I don’t know what exactly happens once it gets down to Arie, Jef, and Sean in Curacao. If you’re asking me what I think happens, and all the information that I’ve been given whether it’s through hearsay, or Instagram photos, etc, I think that she picked Jef. But I have not been told absolutely, 100%, “Steve, she picks Jef in the end and they are engaged.” So that’s why I haven’t run with anything yet. I just don’t know.

-WetPaint.com posted a picture of Jef on a boat in Barbados, roughly 4-5 days after the final rose ceremony took place. It was from his Instagram account. So knowing that Sean and Arie both arrived home within a couple days of the final rose ceremony taking place, then seeing a picture of Jef on a boat in Barbados after the rose ceremony kinda makes you scratch your head. Does seem curious, but just one of the signs that looks like it could point to him.

-As for the Arie/Cassie relationship, I mentioned a month ago that Emily did find out during filming about it and that she was not too happy about it. Come to find out, she was not happy with production. Basically, because once she found out, she realized they knew the whole time and kept it from her. Arie was told to never bring up the Cassie relationship to Emily and that it was already taken care of. Yet, it wasn’t taken care of, because they hadn’t even told Emily about it. I don’t know who brings it up to her or how (it was sometime between Prague and the end of the hometown dates), but Emily is told about Arie and Cassie having a prior relationship. And according to the conference call he did on Friday, Arie says the issue with Cassie does get addressed this season. So we’ll see.

-Remember how last week Life & Style broke the news that Roberto was going to be the next Bachelor and then, feeling outscooped, US Weekly quickly came back with a report the next day saying Roberto has “no interest?” What did I tell you would happen? US Weekly over the next few weeks would start dropping stories about, “Weeeellllll, sources are telling us that Roberto is more open to the idea now,” or, “Roberto hasn’t ruled it out yet.” Well, that’s exactly what happened this week. Not one week after putting it as the headline story on their website that Roberto was “not interested,” they came back this week with a small blurb on one of their pages that he “hadn’t completely ruled it out yet.” Right before it comes “official” by ABC, you can bet your ass US Weekly will have a story that says, “Exclusive! Roberto Martinez to be the next Bachelor!”

1. carol1975

June 18, 2012 at 9:25 AM

JovisMom beat you to the punch Steve!

2. JovisMom

June 18, 2012 at 9:36 AM

@ carol1975 ๐Ÿ˜‰

3. punka

June 18, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Just read on MSN how Emily and RIcki’s grandparents are supposedly not on good terms, and they are upset with her doing the show again.

They also outed Emily for having breasts, nose and teeth done pre-Womack season. Ouch. Emily is taking a beating in the media because she comes off as almost too good to be true.

Steve, can you get us some photos of Emily pre-Womack and some after so we can compare the photos for changes from procedures?? Might be fun.

4. cammie99

June 18, 2012 at 10:22 AM

So Steve learned this info on a live radio station from a DJ, JovisMom heard it on the radio and posted it in another comment, and now Steve has posted the story acting like he got the “scoop” before anyone else?

Again I say, shady.

5. JovisMom

June 18, 2012 at 10:28 AM

@ cammie – The only thing that Steve learned from the DJ was that she saw Sean at a bar and he said that he had a pretty big part of the ending wrong… (Not sure what that is but it may have something to do with the F3, according to the DJ) If you go to iheartradio.com tomorrow morning look for 106.1 Kiss FM in Dallas and listed to the Kidd Kraddick show they do recaps every Tuesday…Steve told the radio morning show about what Emily said being edited, Ryan and Travis going home on the one on ones, and her going outside to get another rose. Sorry for the confusion.

6. JovisMom

June 18, 2012 at 10:31 AM

@ punka – I just googled “pics of Emily Maynard before Brad Womack” and a lot came up, including her Senior High School pic (by the look of it) She 10000% had a nose job!!! WOW!!

7. kasey31

June 18, 2012 at 10:38 AM

@jovismom- wait. whaaaa? so the dj said that steve has a big part of the ending wrong??? idc about the little details of tonight’s episode, but i DO care about the ending.. we’ve all been discussing jef, sean, and arie as the final 3.. im so confused! we already know they were sequestered and he hasnt said for sure what happens at the end.. what could he possibly have wrong?

8. liz123

June 18, 2012 at 10:39 AM

@punka, here’s a link to those pics. I saw them not long ago & remembered they were on WetPaint. I don’t necessarily agree that she’s for sure had a nose job. It was a little pointy then, it’s a little pointy now. She’s definitely dropped some pounds, though! http://www.wetpaint.com/the-bachelor/gallery/revealed-personal-photos-of-emily-maynard

9. kasey31

June 18, 2012 at 10:46 AM

if steve has the f3 wrong, im going to be really disappointed.. but i dont see how thats possible with sean, jef, and arie being in seclusion until the taping was finished.. does she not choose anyone? is there a live finale? (i am starting to think more and more that there is, but its just a guess), does she end up with chris? i always thought that was NOT a possiblity, but what else could it be? and why would he be wrong when he hasnt said for sure what happens? it only makes sense that he has the final 3 wrong.. i hope not!!

10. JovisMom

June 18, 2012 at 10:48 AM

@ kasey31 – Yep…. According to her (the DJ) she said that there could be something not right about the final 3… No this could be totally not true but it is something that was said. ABC is doing whatever they can to try and throw everyone off!

11. jawbreaker

June 18, 2012 at 11:00 AM

[quote]liz123 on June 18, 2012 at 10:39 AM said:
    @punka, hereโ€™s a link to those pics. I saw them not long ago & remembered they were on WetPaint. I donโ€™t necessarily agree that sheโ€™s for sure had a nose job. It was a little pointy then, itโ€™s a little pointy now. Sheโ€™s definitely dropped some pounds, though! http://www.wetpaint.com/the-bachelor/gallery/revealed-%5B/quote%5D

I think she looks more glamorous because she wears more eye makeup and her hair is longer and syled!

12. jawbreaker

June 18, 2012 at 11:01 AM

*styled differently!

13. kasey31

June 18, 2012 at 11:10 AM

@jovismom- well heck.. no wonder steve cant confirm anything with all of this confusion! i’d put money on it that he will not have the f1 this season before it aires.. abc is doing something to throw everyone off.. and it’s working!

14. addicted2rs

June 18, 2012 at 12:03 PM

I would love to know how it is known that the pictures of Jef are legitimately from 4 days after the finale tapes.

15. JovisMom

June 18, 2012 at 12:33 PM

@ addicted2rs – I thought about that too…. Just because he put a pic up one day of him on the beach or whatever doen’t mean he was there that exact day!!! I don’t know what to think anymore… It isn’t as much fun watching when you don’t know the F1 for sure!!

16. stclair1

June 18, 2012 at 12:37 PM

my only question is who is cassie? i really wish if its not arie that she picks i hope its sean….dont think jef is just a good pick sry….

17. lcs85

June 18, 2012 at 12:37 PM

What are all these twitter and photos that people say point to him being the F1? I don’t understand why him being in Barbados means anything, nor does going to a Chick-fil-a to see his mom in South Carolina…

18. JovisMom

June 18, 2012 at 12:42 PM

@ stclair1 – Cassie is a producer for the Bachelorette and from what it sounds was very close w\ Emily while the show was taping…. She is also Arie’s ex. They have been broken up with for some time though…

19. hotchacha

June 18, 2012 at 1:39 PM

The photo of him in Barbados was taken with his Instagram app. Once you take a photo with that app, it’s timestamped. Look it up if you don’t believe it.

20. Athena

June 18, 2012 at 5:41 PM

I think Jef is playful enough to go along with a diversionary plan, though that very playfulness is what I think is attractive to Emily. So…

I’m clueless.

21. cammie99

June 18, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Watching the show now, and Jef and Emily are having their conversation about kissing. I still CANNOT see those two together as a real life couple. I just don’t see Jef being Emily’s type of guy. Not.At.All.

22. sandy

June 18, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Me either Cammie. They are so mismatched and awkward together. And might I add, 50 minutes into this show, and what a snoozefest….. Thats 50 minutes I will never get back.

23. Athena

June 18, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Agreed. She and Arie are hot. Surprisingly, I’m feeling sad for Ryan. He’s so big on himself, but he also is really trying to win her heart. As much as I was NOT excited about Emily as the lead, I’m liking here more and more.

24. aatex

June 18, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Buh-Bye Ryan!

25. randais

June 18, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Oh snap, score one for RS.

26. katieny1974

June 18, 2012 at 8:29 PM

I don’t think the Barbados issue is giving anything away. Who’s to say that the F3 weren’t there together snapping photos. I doubt ABC would let the F1 do something quite as obvious as that, though I could see them saying, “Jef, post a Barbados pic to generate buzz for the show”. As far as the DJ interview, perhaps what they’re insinuating RS got wrong was his guess for F1 (Jef). Sweet lil’ guy, but I can’t see him as being the last one standing. Then there’s Mr. Elusive-and-Uninspiring (Sean) . . . who’s maybe even a bit of a bore (no dates in the past 4-5 months? Really? What’s wrong with this cat?). Arie’s got my vote. Very down to earth, and they are super hot together.

27. My3girls

June 18, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Emily not picking any of the three guys is an option but wouldn’t be shocking since it has been done. It would be crazy if she offered the final rose to someone and they turned it down.

I can’t stand not knowing!

28. kasey31

June 18, 2012 at 8:52 PM

this episode is my favorite so far.. im on the wc, so i know a lot of u have already finished the show.. i felt really bad for travis for some reason ๐Ÿ™ he seemed so sad..

as for emily, i am starting to really like her now.. her personality is starting to shine more.. ive made up my mind, i like arie for emily.. i dont care about all the crap with cassie, the chemistry between the two of them is out of control.. u can see that she is falling for him, and it just feels right watching them together.. i almost couldnt bare watching her kiss jef.. this is not a dig at emily, but it almost seems like she was kissing her little brother or something!!! it was just uncomfortable to watch..

29. kasey31

June 18, 2012 at 8:54 PM

im not counting out sean quite yet, but emily just lights up around arie.. i cannot for the life of me see her with jef.. absolutely no way! and i cannot take him seriously, no matter how hard i try.. the end.

30. My3girls

June 18, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Watching on the west coast too. I agree about Arie. They appear the most natural together. I’m just not sure if it’s all an act and he’s really a slimeball.

31. kasey31

June 18, 2012 at 9:33 PM

it’s hard to tell.. he seems pretty genuine to me, but then again i always have to remind myself that theyve known each other for what? 5 weeks or so? i mean how “hard” can he really be falling for her.. but as far as chemistry goes, those two have it for sure!!!

32. kasey31

June 18, 2012 at 9:34 PM

..just realized that sounded kind of funny haha..

33. My3girls

June 18, 2012 at 9:43 PM

I don’t remember the details, but Steve was harping on and on about Arie’s life a while ago. I guess he was a little bit of a slut.

34. kasey31

June 18, 2012 at 10:16 PM

ya.. steve said that he dated one of his best friend’s girlfriends behind his friend’s back, or was talking to her or something.. but the friend actually came out and defended arie and said the story was not true.. other than that, arie has had some fun of course, but nothing over-the-top.. he dated a couple of girls even right before he left for the show, but i’m sure a lot of guys do, and i think he left on good terms.. as far as i know, he was never in a committed relationship with any of them, it was just casual.. nothing particularly scandalous has come out in regards to his past…

the biggest thing with arie is that he dated one of the bachelor’s producers cassie yrs ago.. looks like it will get brought up next week.. im surprised abc decided to aire this.. this season really is no holds barred so far, and i think it’s working in their favor.. theyre preventing spoiler sites from profitting off the show by pretty much spoiling things on their own- instead of trying to cover things up, theyre just going with the flow..

ironically, the fact that theyre being so open is what also makes the ending to this season so unpredictable..

35. jessica1

June 18, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Have no idea why I feel the need to tell you folks this but … I have a head-cold and am up watching tv.

Anyhoo, that “prince” Lorenzo Bachelor just showed up on the new Bravo show MissAdvised. Strolling down the street, chatting up one of the featured gals. Apparently they are friends.

It’s like reality tv has turned into a small town; everyone knows everyone, jumps to other shows, etc.

On a side note, I loved the details in the last column comments section, provided by someone from Utah re: Jef. Very interesting! He is such a cutie.

36. moniqueseibel

June 18, 2012 at 10:39 PM

I still somehow think she is going to pick Arie. If I didn’t read all of the gossip and just watched the show, I wouldn’t have had any doubts about the F1 not being Arie.

I really think all of the Jef speculation is a set-up. I just do not see them together or it working out. However, I love Jef and would seriously apply if he was ever a future bachelor, although I don’t know how likely that would be.

37. kasey31

June 18, 2012 at 11:10 PM

i had to look up who “prince” lorenzo was.. he was before my time, i started watching jake pavelka’s season.. wow, the bachelor was super cheesy back then! even worse than it is now.. didnt know that was possible! i even saw a clip from the bachelor- “an officer and a gentleman” was that a joke???? yuck.

38. sheilamagato

June 19, 2012 at 12:23 AM

I am wondering if the reason we haven’t seen any final rose ceremony previews is because Emily decided to date both of the final 2 before making her decision. It would be an ending people don’t expect, and it would be fitting for Emily wanting to get to know the guys better before becoming engaged to the possible stepdad to her daughter.
    On another note, to those that people call “haters” and rip on you for continuing to come to this site even though you don’t like it all the time…you’re some of the most respectful posters here! You don’t feed into the hate that they spew against you. I agree with some of the things you say and disagree with some of it. But I respect your opinions ๐Ÿ™‚ And I hope to chat with you all soon:)

39. penguinfan01

June 19, 2012 at 2:13 AM

I’m thinking that as in previous seasons, that Mike Fleiss and company are making things way too obvious for us. Letting us see pictures of Jef in a boat in Curacao, taking planes to Charlotte, and being in Chick Fil A, sounds like they are trying to lead us in that direction. This wouldn’t be allowed under the terms of his contract, I’m pretty sure. It sounds deliberate to make us think this is the ending, like they did with Chantal and Emily. I smell a rat.

40. sandy

June 19, 2012 at 4:05 AM

Yup, I can’t see Emily with Jef at all. Nice kid and all, but totally not up to her speed. There has to be something huge RS is missing. We shall see..

41. katieny1974

June 19, 2012 at 4:52 AM

Team Arie all the way! ๐Ÿ˜‰

42. aroseisarose

June 19, 2012 at 5:51 AM

I’m left wondering if Emily even makes a final choice. Maybe she remains upset over booting Arie and just can’t pick one of the f2 because she doesn’t have true feelings for either of them. There shouldn’t be a “runner up” in love. I agree with those that say Jef just seems like a kid. He acts like a little boy that’s never been kissed, let alone ready for a lady that seems to need the best of everything + her princess daughter. It sounds like I’m knocking Miss Em and little Rikki but that is kind of how they are presented to us.

43. kd1418

June 19, 2012 at 6:46 AM

I think Emily is fascinated w/ Jef, b/c he prob reminds her of Ricky Hendrick. If you look at pictures they are somewhat similar. Skinny, kind of awkward, a bit goofy, their hairstyles are similar, and she obviously thought RIcky was cool. Which is what she keeps saying about Jef. So I am not surprised by this at all. Ricky was her first love so its no surprise that she is not necessarily looking for another Brad Womack “type.” I mean sure they are nice to look at but she said last night she doesn’t care about muscles. Anyway, just a thought. Cheers.

44. JovisMom

June 19, 2012 at 7:32 AM

I think Jef is ok…. I agree that he reminds me of a little kid. He looks like The Geek in 16 Candles… When I discribe my soon to be husband I don’t want the first word to come to mind to be “cool”. I have a hard time as well picturing them together, I don’t see him as a fathering type. Don’t get me wrong I think he would play and have fun w\ little Ricki but when it comes to doing the things that aren’t always so fun to do when you’re a parent I just don’t see it.
    @ aroseisarose – I think that is a very valid point, I would not be surprised at all if that is what happens. I didn’t watch all of it last night, but did they show clips of the FRC last night?

45. liz123

June 19, 2012 at 7:39 AM

I may be the only one, but I want to go on record now & say that I firmly believe that if Emily picks anyone, it will be Jef. I DO see major chemistry between them! I see it with Arie, too, but I think she feels he betrayed her by not telling her about Cassie which may leave her wondering what else he hasn’t told. I think she really wants to like Sean because he’s so perfect on paper, but I don’t see any fire between them at all. I’m putting my money on Jef… with confidence!

46. liz123

June 19, 2012 at 7:54 AM

@JovisMom, just seeing your comments- I think Jef sort of reminds me of my husband in his boyish looks, playful personality, & “coolness” & I know what a great dad my husband is (changes diapers, gives baths, picks up toys, & acts goofy with my kids) so maybe that’s why I have an easier time than some people picturing him in the Daddy role. Not only do I *think* she picks Jef, I also *hope* she picks Jef! We shall see…

47. kasey31

June 19, 2012 at 8:15 AM

@caligirl- somehow i just read ur post to me awhile back.. that’s so strange! they did quote me on wetpaint! shouldnt i be compensated for that?!? jk.. but how weird that my comment about abc not airing promo clips was printed.. theres my 15 mins! lol…

48. kasey31

June 19, 2012 at 8:24 AM

49. crossedmymind

June 19, 2012 at 9:04 AM

I like to analyze the body language in reality TV shows-it’s good practice. I am well aware most of the show is lines given and fake exchanges.

Emily is a well rounded person – sweet, gracious, yet a straight shooter who is honest. She’s been confused but has made the right decisions thus far.

Ryan deserved to be taken down a notch or two – Emily did that. Perhaps she kept him for that long for that very purpose. With those types of men, it’s often a good strategy to build on their own confidence so that you get to see what the person is really made of. Bothered me that he did not want to take no for an answer and passive aggressively put her down for rejecting him. When a man makes you feel good one moment and bad the next, it’s best to let them go no matter how good looking or rich – a women will be miserable with this type of man as he will only give you just enough to keep you interested, yet not enough that you can feel safe in the relationship. A list of what he wanted in a women showed he was in it for himself, his list should have been about what he could offer his women and his family.

Body language is said to be 80% of our communication.

The body language, on both their parts, suggests a strong connection emotionally and physically, yet one particular signal in their body language does show that all is not perfect. When they were on their one on one date and when speaking with each other privately on other occasions they both albeit very briefly, jutted their tongues which almost always occurs at the end of a statement or a mutual conversation. Tongue jutting (a quick almost imperceptible sticking out of very the tip of tongue and then just as quickly retracting the tongue – like a lizard or a snake). This behavior is indicative of a few things; some of which are doubt, hiding something or not being completely truthful, or getting one over on the other-it’s something to look for and pay attention to-something is up when this happens-see this all the time with defendants on those daytime judge shows.

Tongue jutting may seem insignificant but it’s anything but. I think Emily is conflicted about Aries high risk career as a race car driver, yet she finds herself attracted to him -perhaps for that reason and this is confusing for her. Arie was also jutting his tongue during the same said conversations-we already know he is hiding something.

Jef seems nervous in front of the camera. He could be much more confident when they are not rolling. Out of the men left, Jef is the most sincere about and towards Emily and is in many ways more mature than Arie who is a bit of a player. Infatuation can be powerful and I think that is what’s going on between Emily and Arie. Sean, as others have said, comes across as elusive, competitive and possibly a bit of a sore loser, but I think he does care about Emily..- no-one is perfect. As women we need to pick a man with the faults we can live with and have the capacity to diminish with maturity and experience.

50. stuxy

June 19, 2012 at 9:18 AM

@jovismom So why the big deal with Cassie? If they’ve been broken up for a long time, then it shouldn’t matter, right? Maybe I’m not seeing something…

Also… what the crap was Ryan wearing last night? The sports bra wife beater? LOL And was totally wishing Em would give John/Wolf and Doug the boot. Sad that RS prediction came true and she got a second rose. ๐Ÿ˜›

I read a funny recap at http://www.whitneyjboyd.blogpost.com if you want to read it while waiting for RS to write his. ๐Ÿ™‚