The Bachelorette 8 - Emily

The Bachelorette Recap Including More “Burning Love” Videos, The Whole Arie/Cassie Thing, and What Sean Said About Me

In case you missed it yesterday, I posted the events of what was going to transpire last night and pointed out how ABC’s editing staff got tricky again with what they were showing you versus what really happened. Not to mention throwing in a voiceover that Emily didn’t say at the time they were claiming she said it. Also, for those that wanted a shortened summary of my 2 hour video blog from last Thursday night, I added that as well. So in case you didn’t read and want to get caught up on that, it’s in the post below this one.

Last Friday, Arie spoke with the media to talk about last night’s episode and things in general and it was fascinating to not only see a reputable news source like “Entertainment Tonight” but also ABC’s PR team as well promote something from the interview that was so overblown, it was pretty ridiculous. Here’s a link to Part 1 of the interview (Part 2 is actually at the bottom of Part 1). The fact that they’re letting contestants still on the show talk about it on the conference call with media means they are going to be extra careful about anything out of these guys mouths. There’s not a chance in hell any of these guys are gonna give anything remotely revealing away. Of course, if you got sucked in by ETOnline’s headline, you might think otherwise.

Here was the question and answer with Arie that had people talking.

Would you have any interest in becoming the next The Bachelor star if you don’t end up with Emily?

Arie Luyendyk Jr: “(Laughs) Well, you know, my fiancee might not approve of that. (Laughs) No, I’m just joking. (Laughs) Basically, it’s hilarious because I know that’s a hot topic right now, but who knows what will happen. If I am engaged to Emily, I don’t think it’s possible for me to become the next Bachelor.”

Pretty innocent, right? He’s just joking around, he’s not giving anything away, but he’s teasing people. Did you see what a lot of outlets ran with in their story on Friday? “Did Arie give the ending away?” Not only did other outlets do it, but one of ABC’s own PR people tweeted out the exact same thing. So this was obviously all done for publicity and to get people talking. And the fact that ABC purposely drew attention to it themselves only proves not only was it a stunt, but that Arie isn’t the one chosen in the end. The news outlets only ran with the “My fiancé might not approve of that” and “I don’t think my fiancée would approve of that” lines, without running what he said around it, which completely changes the whole context of his answer. Really people? Do you honestly think they’d let Arie on a conference call spoil the show? Arie didn’t spoil anything. Well, I guess he kinda did. He basically spoiled that he definitely isn’t engaged to her. So good job.

I apologize for not posting the most recent episodes to the “Burning Love” franchise in Thursday’s column.

And finally, I wanted to clear something up that happened yesterday morning. I received an early morning phone call to be on Kidd Kraddick in the Morning here in Dallas to talk about some news they had on the “Bachelorette.” One of the co-hosts of the show, Jenna, had seen Sean out at a bar Friday night, and in talking to him, he seemed to mention my name and referenced something to the effect of, “He’s got something missing about the final 3.” He never went into detail, and Jenna never pushed him for it, but that’s what she believe she heard him say. So they called me yesterday morning to give my thoughts, and honestly, I didn’t really know what to say because it’s well known that Sean, Arie, and Jef are the final three. Not only from spoilers, but there’s visual evidence of it when they showed clips upcoming this season last week. So there’s no disputing those three guys are the final three. So frankly, I have no idea what Sean is referring to when he told Jenna that. Who knows? Maybe Sean was just messing with her? Maybe he was being serious and there IS something that I’m missing with the final three? Which wouldn’t surprise me because I don’t have very many details of what happens once it’s down to three, so I didn’t even really know what Sean could’ve been referring to. Are the final three guys wrong? No. That’s Sean, Jef, and Arie. But yes, I’d agree there probably is something that I’m missing when it comes to the final three. I just don’t know what it is yet. Still got a month to go. I’ll get it eventually. Hopefully.

1. daniels

June 19, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Does anyone remember the end of the Charlie O’Connell season? If I remember correctly, he narrowed it down to two women and continued dating them after production and while the show aired. They then did a live final rose performance and showed clips of his dates with these two women. Is it possible that Emily is still dating two or three of the guys? She’s happy but not indicating if she’s engaged. There are no preview clips of the final rose business. Steve has a fairly obvious trail that suggests Jef might be the guy. Some might say the trail is unusually obvious. Personally, I have my doubts that she’s even made her final choice yet.

2. kasey31

June 19, 2012 at 7:40 PM

@fade2black.. most of it is her makeup and hair that makes her look so much older.. im a hair stylist for a living, and i can tell u right now that most of the time emily is wearing extentions.. not always, but a lot of the time she is in order to make her hair appear longer and thicker.. there was one episode that i almost couldnt bare to watch.. i just cringed.. it was during a rose ceremony, she had her hair in a low ponytail, and the extensions were hideous!!! it just looked like a gigantic thick piece of blonde rope , and it looked like someone took a pair of lawn shears and bluntly cut it.. idk if anyone else remembers that episode or even knows what im talking about.. anyway, agreed.. the evening make-up during the day and hair extensions need to go. like yesterday. she’s so much more beautiful when she’s natural, she definitely doesnt need all that crap..

3. carmondy

June 19, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Another “laughed ’til I cried” recap, especially the Croation army on donkeys. I felt so sorry for those poor little donkeys, given the size of some of Emily’s guys – is PETA aware?
    Also, I agree with others who think Steve is off on the F1 this time. I am going with Arie. Can’t see Emily fitting in with Jef’s Mormon background (even though he supposedly is no longer a Mormon) or Sean’s insurance salesman, beefcake model life.

4. kasey31

June 19, 2012 at 8:03 PM

@hurricaneemily.. very well put, and i agree with everything u said.. would be a great way to throw everyone off!

@fade2black.. u watch revenge? i have the biggest smile on my face right now! i dont know when season 2 starts, but i cannot wait.. literally, i cant. the finale was soooo good.. my theory is (even though u didnt ask for it).. conrad kills himself.. the writer, mike kelly, said that a main character died at the season finale.. def not vic, and i dont think its charlotte, too obvious.. i think conrad commits suicide from guilt..

sorry bachelor fans! im just so excited someone else watches revenge.. if u havent seen it, its worth checking out!

5. realityjunkiehere

June 19, 2012 at 8:16 PM

I personally think the final 3 is really the final 2. Kinda like what survivor does now. I think the final 3 got to meet Emily’s family and friends and all 2 guys showed up for the final rose ceremony and she eliminated 2 of the men and chose 1.

I did think of the theory of Charlie’s season but now believe that didn’t happen.

6. realityjunkiehere

June 19, 2012 at 8:17 PM

OOPS we need an edit button…meant to read all 3 guys showed up for the final rose ceremony.

7. CaliGirl

June 19, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Fade2black and kasey, I am having serious Revenge withdrawals!!! Big time! I was a huge 24 and
    Lost fan and Revenge ranks right up there with those two in my opinion. The last 10 min of the finale were just amazing, and “Seven Devils” was the perfect song.

The second season premiere doesn’t air until Sept 30. 🙁

(And sorry, non-Revenge fans, for getting off topic for a bit. Please bear with us but Revenge really is a fantastic show.)

8. CaliGirl

June 19, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Kasey I just saw your Conrad theory. Interesting!! I hadn’t thought of that. I really hope Victoria isn’t dead.

9. writergirl

June 19, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Hysterical, smart writing, Steve! My kids were yelling at me to “shut up” from their beds I was laughing so hard. Good stuff!

For the record, I think Jef is a doll. I’m certain TPTB are editing out all the adorable moments they share. Just like Dr. Travis’s season when he picked the elementary school teacher. They edited out their obvious connection and made them seem flat. Then the producers killed their relationship by keeping them apart til the finale aired. It was so bad, they did not even air an ATFR show at all as I believe Travis refused to film it. That is when the secret
    “meet-ups” started for couples between the engagement and the airing of the finale. I wish TPTB would actually let us see the live story rather than manipulate us to think it’s the scripted decoy.

10. writergirl

June 19, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Love story*

11. Fade2Black

June 19, 2012 at 9:47 PM

@Kasey-You’re so right! I remember some awful scenes with Emily’s hair…I thought that they didn’t even look like human hair (which was surprising considering they spend $350K on her wardrobe?)…I guess I haven’t paid attention too much to her hair and makeup, more like her whole package look. Now that you mention it, yes the evening makeup during the day is a real killer! For me, fake teeth in general (veneers) are just awful on anyone I’ve ever seen, like Hillary Duff reminded me of well, it just isn’t pretty. I think it makes Emily look really fake and I liked her smile MUCH better without them. I looked up a pic of her and her ex on line…I’m not a crazy stalker or anything haha. As a stylist, what do you think about her hair color? Em would look fantastic if they gave her her original pretty smile, ripped out the fake hair, off with the uber sparkly half shoulder pageant dresses and put her in some normal gear and for heavens’ sakes, give that girl a babysitter and some Patron shots! She needs to loosen up big time! Let out a scream lady! That “Virginia girl” needs to get country crazy and let ‘er rip! OK, enough of Em…and onto the OTHER EM!!!

OMG REVENGE!!!! I’m getting all crazy just thinking about it. I’m not the kind of person to rewind and re-watch shows. But I rewound the end of the season finale about 3 times, no lie. Watching Victoria get out of the limo while that WICKED song (oh-so fitting too!!) played, it was delightfully sordid and juicy! Phenom, just phenom…no words! I like your Conrad twist. We know that it can’t be Victoria who dies, right? I mean, she’s pivotal to the show and Madeline Stowe plays the part sooo well, it’s like I can’t imagine anyone else playing her role, she was born for it! That goes for practically the whole cast. I’m a big Nolan fan. I want me a whale-cam! :-). Who do you want to see Em(really Amanda Clark) with? I jumped off the couch when she and Jack kissed after sweet Sammy died. I want them together so bad…it’s so bitter sweet, that her revenge cost her Jack. Jack is so hot btw! OK I am more excited to talk about Revenge than Bach…LOL.

CaliGirl, no friggin way, we have to wait until the END of Sept!? I don’t think I can hang on that long. It’s like waiting for the end finale of LOST every Wednesday! No, say it isn’t so…we need a taste of something to hold us over until then. What about how we had to have those looooong breaks inbetween season 1?WHAT the heck was that? ABC had the biggest smash hit on their hands, and they put it on hold how many times for some other stupid trash? I couldn’t believe it. What bright light at the exec office made that call? They should be fired that’s for darn tootin. Seven Devils was just immaculate for that scene, I get the chills just thinking about it. Sidebar-sorry to all the non-Revenge folks. IF you haven’t seen this show, YOU HAVE TO! It’s that good…I mean, THAT good!! Both guys and girls will love it IMO.

12. mommyof2

June 19, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Pk; i HAVE to comment b/c y’all are talking about my favorite shows!!!! @caligirl @kasey @fade2black LOST is by far my all-time favorite show, followed by 24. I’ve missed both shows so much, and I’ve been really disappointed in most of the new dramas out (at leadt there’s one good comedic show I love-Modern Family). But, then came Revenge! I love that show!!!! I cannot wait to see what happens fir season 2. I have a deeling Daniel will turn out to be just like his dad (I liked him all season until towards the end). I really hope Emily ( the real Amanda) ends up with Jack. Snd I shree that Victoria has to survive the plane crash; she is way too important to this show. Awesome show, and a really great finale that I didn’t see coming at the end!

13. Fade2Black

June 19, 2012 at 10:00 PM

@Daniels…I don’t remember too much of Charlie’s season, just that he was off his arse drunk the entire season. I think we all knew that he was just looking to swing his sword around and not sheathe it up for good and put it on the wall, right? Can’t take him seriously. I’m ashamed my memory is so bad that I can’t remember the ending of his season! Guess it was pretty memorable.

@Writergirl-I think they’re editing out the connection between Jeff and Emily too. They’re trying to keep people on their toes and guessing, but I think most of us rather just see the true chemistry between them all unfold naturally. Maybe they think they’ll loose their audience if we think we know who the lead picks? I wish it was more organic, the whole thing. Have more group dates where the lead is interacting WITH the men or contestants instead of always sitting on the sidelines giving some cheesy commentary. They can always do B-roll afterwards of the ITM, but spend more time showing us the real goods!

I’m a Jeff fan, but I did luv me some o dat Arie against the wall tongue lashings. It’s sexy when a guy you like just takes charge like that. None of this “asking” us business. If a guy asks to kiss you, it’s a total turn-off to me, like “really, you don’t have the cajones to just make a move yourself”? Maybe that’s just me.

14. mommyof2

June 19, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Wow! My iphone really screwed up a lot of my words! Should read “OK” at the beginning, and then “And I agree”, amongst other things! Also, I’m a big Nolan fan on the Revenge show, too. I love his loyalty towards Emily and Jack, and his quirky personality. I also loved thd episode where he introduced her as Amanda to his aunt.

15. angelwatching

June 19, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Hilarious steve

16. fluorophore

June 19, 2012 at 10:45 PM

There’s not a chance in hell she picks Jef. None.

17. CaliGirl

June 19, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Ok I was trying to post a comment about Revenge but it’s too damn annoying to comment using my iPhone- cant really see what I’m typing- so I will wait and do it tomorrow at work.

18. kasey31

June 19, 2012 at 11:49 PM

@fade2black.. first regarding emily’s hair.. what they need to is to get rid of the yellowish color in her blond hair.. they need to tone it with an ashe to cancel that out.. id use a 10-81 on her.. its still a platinum blonde, but it has a 75% kick of purple (which would get rid of the yellow and make it more of a pearlish color) and 25% kick of green (which would cancel out the gold tones).. then, i would add some lowlights to break up the platinum blonde look.. on a scale of 1-10, 1 being black, 10 being dark, id probably low-light her with an 8 to give it some more demension so its not such an all over yellow blonde..

@fade2black and @caligirl.. ok, now on to revenge.. do u remember the white haired man??? well he is working against conrad, as im sure u caught in the last couple of episodes leading up to the finale.. however, conrad does not know that bc hes been paying this guy money to get rid of dc and now vic.. he believes he hired the whm to have the plane blow up.. unbeknownst to him, the whm did not go through with it.. u see him in one of the very last scenes “checking the plane,” but i believe it was staged and he really got victoria and lydia to safety.. i also believe he never killed david clarke and that dc is still alive.. the whm is working for someone much higher than conrad.. someone overseas, which is why he has so many clocks in his house.. if he were working for conrad, he would have told conrad, “hey that pic u have of ur son and his fiance in ur office is amanda clarke.. and i just fought her” but he didnt..and he was in the office after the fight he had with emily.. he even winks at emily through the hidden camera as he’s in conrad’s office trying to find it..super confusing, but hopefully youre following what im saying.. bc conrad feels indirectly responsible for charlottes od, i believe he will commit suicide, but i think charlotte survives.. i know for a fact victoria is not dead… mike kelly also said he is starting s2 with a wedding and a funeral.. my guess? conrad’s funeral, daniel and ASHLEY’S wedding.. daniel and ashley are going to be the next power couple..

and i totally agree florence and the machine’s 7 devils was the PERFECT song choice for the end.. i, too, watched the last 10 minutes many times.. and every single time i watched it, it gave me the chills!!!

19. kasey31

June 19, 2012 at 11:50 PM

sorry.. 1 being black, 10 being platinum blonde..

20. kasey31

June 19, 2012 at 11:53 PM

@mommyof2.. i looooooove nolan ross!!!!

21. kasey31

June 19, 2012 at 11:55 PM

and yes, everyone.. if u want to break away from the cheesiness of the bachelor.. please give revenge a chance! i promise, it will not let u down.. amazing actors, brilliant writing!!!! best show on abc by far!

22. lcs85

June 20, 2012 at 12:41 AM

@kasey31- It was the episode where her hair was all the same length at the end of her ponytail, right? That annoyed the hell out of me. No one’s hair is going to create that blunt of a pony tail, unless you’re chopping off the hair while its pulled back. It just looked completely unnatural and was not flattering at all.

23. Fade2Black

June 20, 2012 at 1:59 AM

@Kasey, I was thinking the same thing about her hair color, that it’s too orangy-yellowish (is that a word?) and it’s like they need to tone down the fake orange factor, skin AND hair! I think the hair inhances the fake tan orange. I bet you $100 that this girl looked WAY better before they did all that “faking” her up bit.She’s a pretty girl without all the hollywood hoopla. What do you think her natural haircolor is? Also what level?

About Revenge, I was going to mention the WHM on my last post but didn’t want to make it too long. I was happy to see him at Victoria’s airplane taking the blocks around the tires away…I just knew he would be around there somehow, and when they panned to the wheels I KNEW it would be him! Totally think that the plane crash was a set-up by him and his mysterious higher-ups to protect Victoria from her hubby as he knew Conrad would do anything to get at her and get back at her too. I too also thought that David Clark is NOT dead, making the connections between everything with the WHM and that prison pic and flashback. I think it’s another set up to get him out of harms way and he’s in protective custody, or just being protected. But why would he then set things in motion to put his daughter in a Revenge plot and put her in harms way? Handing her that box and all the info to avenge him. Maybe she’s really working with him and either knows or suspects he’s not dead? I doubt that last part. When he winked at the picture (the WHM) when in Conrad’s office I got all happy and tingly that the WHM and Em (realAmanda) are somehow now working together. I think you’re right with Daniel and Ashley, she’s so power hungry to move up she’ll do ANYTHING for Daniel, and he’s the same way. Cut from the same sinful devious cloth that his father is. Really, they are perfect for one another. Just as perfect as Jack and Amanda(realMandy).
    I’m wondering if the dead person will be Jack’s brother, (I’m so tired his name escapes me!), b/c he feels bad for abandoning Charlotte after her mother had a plane crash and he wasn’t there for her and then he thinks she’s dead from OD and didn’t pick up the phone when she called him? Just a thought. I think he really loves her, he’s just so hurt by her right now. It’s so hard to imagine them killing of any of the pivotal central characters, but then again this show has proven that they are very unpredictable and will take risks, which is what we LUV about it!!

I just love it when you think maybe this is a time when Nolan is going to turn on Em or pull something out of his arse to go against her, and then BOOM, he comes through for her, true blue. AWESOME! What do you think is going on with FakeAmanda? Is she really preggers? I doubt it’s Jack’s. Wonder what’s going to happen with that, any ideas?
    I have a suspicion that Nolan is also connected in some way to another character yet to be determined on the show besides Em. Maybe a connection somehow to the larger powers that be that the WHM is connected to? I dunno. What happened to Mr. Miyaki or whatever his name was, the Japanese businessman who was Em’s mentor? Did he drop her or something? I think I missed what happened to the end of his story after he picked NuAmanda up at the beach when her jeep wouldn’t start, in his black Ferrari I think it was. I’m confused about him.

@Caligirl, when you’re able to log on here, love to hear your thoughts also!
    Also anyone else who watches….
    Apologies to anyone whose not a Revengeaholic. I haven’t talked about it AT ALL and I’m just going ape over this show!!

24. randais

June 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM

LOVE Revenge, NOW we’re talking! I’m completely addicted and can’t wait for the new season. My favorite moment, and most disappointing, was the very climatic end…PREGNANT! She’s Baaaaaaaack. Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the Jack waters, here she comes…da dum da dum.

25. karynr

June 20, 2012 at 7:01 AM

As much as I love the spoilers, and always like to know the F1, this is kind of nice for a change. I really don’t have a clue who she chooses, but don’t think it will last anyway. Arie’s lifestyle seems the best suited to her expectations and the chemistry certainly seems to be there, but I just don’t know. Arie might possibly be the kind of guy who loses interest after the conquest, And Emily might have some major jealousy issues if he’s a big flirt, or when woman throw themselves at him. I absolutely adore Jef, but I don’t see them together. I see him with a really down-to-earth, more natural type of person. Emily is gorgeous and would look so much better without all that make-up, glittery dresses and toned-down hair. I have no idea about Sean. I have no sense of who he is, what he thinks, or anything deeper than the hot looks. And that body is magnificent!

daniels…Charlie chose Sarah and they were together off and on for at least a few years. I believe the major issue was his battle with alcohol. I’ve read a few articles where they’ve both mentioned his alcoholism. I think they broke up for good a year or two ago.

Lost was one of my all time favorites, but haven’t watched Revenge. I liked her in Brothers & Sisters.

As much as I enjoy the spoilers, and always wants to know F1 well before the end, not knowing is kind of fun for a change. I don’t know if ABC is being clever with the ending or what, but I’ll keep coming on here repeatedly to see if RS finds the F1.

This was a much better recap. Thank you. Even though you were extremely nasty to me RS, you haven’t lost me yet.

Like he really even cares….how funny……well I just gave myself the first laugh of the day!

26. Sunnyside422

June 20, 2012 at 7:04 AM

Kasey31: I too love Revenge! One co-worker and I always discussed the episode the following morning. Never felt the show let me down in the suspense category! Superior acting and with all the twists and turns…kept our interest each week.

27. cubsfan2785

June 20, 2012 at 7:25 AM

Does anyone else notice that Emily doesn’t show off her legs? She wore leggings with her skirt at the Highland Games (I know it was cold), but even the rose ceremony dresses are all long. I find that odd. I am sure she has worn a short dress at a time this season, but I don’t recall when. Her $350K wardrobe is not only outrageous, but it is also a wardrobe for a 30ish woman. I am the same age as Emily and I wouldn’t be caught dead in some of her clothes.
    On camera, I like Arie, but I keep referring to what RS said about him in the beginning and I think that is clouding my judgement. He makes me laugh a lot, but I think I am jaded due to the information that was released about him in the beginning. Therefore, I hope they don’t end up together.
    No matter who she picks, I doubt she will stay with him. I think she is genuinely looking for someone to spend the rest of her life with, but do it the old fashioned way, don’t go on a scripted reality tv show. But at least it is mindless entertainment during the summer months when nothing else is on.

28. kasey31

June 20, 2012 at 7:47 AM

@lcs85- YES that episode where the ends of her ponytail were all one length! definitely had extensions.. haaaated her hair in that episode..lol

@fade2black- id say her natural level is probably a 6-7ish? definitely a medium brown to light brown, no lighter than that.. and yes, the orange yellow tones u see coming through her hair is the warmth and golden tones u usually get when u try to lift the hair lighter without toning out those colors.. the underlying pigment in dark hair is a warm color, golds, reds, and thats y it looks so orange/yellow..it needs to be toned for sure..some women like it that way though, unfortunately for our eyes haha..

@fade2black and revenge fans- i agree, i think theres a good chance that dc is in protective custody.. u have to remember, he didnt want emily to get revenge.. remember, he always said he wanted her to forgive.. “that was a promise she couldnt keep” i think her mother has some issues mentally, and perhaps dc was affraid that emily would inherit some of those traits.. and ud have to remember that if he is in hiding, he wouldnt know everything emily is doing, necessarily.. but i believe that is why nolan ross is in the show, too.. to protect emily and to make sure she never crosses a certain line morally.. if u think about it, she has never actually killed anyone.. he has always been there to prevent her from doing so.. i believe that he is working for higher ups, as well.. may or may not still have contact with dc.. one thing i think for sure is that nolan’s aunt carol is also emily’s aunt or … (her mom’s sister), or is related to emily’s mom, which is why she looked so surprised to hear nolan say amanda clarke when she was at her house and why she lectured her about what her dad would say outside of the whm’s house.. remember carol and emily’s dad worked together and were obviously very close.. i think thats bc she is related to amanda’s mom, meaning she is also related to amanda.. it would also explain the connection that nolan and emily have towards each other.. that would make them cousins.. i dont for a second think she is amanda’s mom, but someone that was very close to her mom..

as far as declan is concerned, i really hope it isnt him, although it did cross my mind.. i just see more room for him to grow in the show, while i think with the feds and everything going against conrad now (his son has taken over the company, he feels resp for charlotte), i think his character’s storyline has come to an end..

i do not think jack and fauxmanda will marry, as that is definitely not jack’s baby.. she will disappear on him again at some point, but remember, takeda has had her in hiding for some time now.. so hes just bound to come back anytime..

with takeda, im not sure about him anymore.. u didnt miss anything, they left it open.. the only thing he did say was that he had fauxmanda in hiding and that shed have to choose between jack and daniel..idk if he’s good or going to end up working against emily bc she didnt follow what he said.. she tried to take her own path by saving both daniel and jack and i think thats y he released fauxmanda back to jack, to throw off emily’s plans..

im also starting to think that there was a huge cover up conspiracy with the plane that went down.. i remember conrad saying “this goes so much further up beyond my control” i think the downing of the flight was put on the graysons, and they, therefore, put it on dc, but im not sure yet how all of that will play out..

so many twists and turns and while it sounds confusing to those who dont know the show, just watch the last episode even and i swear it will make u want to watch every episode leading up to the finale! so excited that others are into this show, as well! 🙂

29. kasey31

June 20, 2012 at 7:57 AM

@fade2black- btw, jack seems to live life oblivious to what is really surrounding him.. i think he will be hurt by amanda, but i dont think he will suspect that isnt his baby bc he always sees the good in people.. i dont think he and emily will end up together, not yet, at least.. something will interfere with that relationship even when fauxmanda is out of the picture.. i see that relationship developing towards the end of the show..

30. cycy

June 20, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Hi @casey31 and everyone — There are some questions I have but the people on the Bachelorette message board can get really mean about Emily’s looks. I like it here. I have a couple questions about girly stuff.

Do a lot of women have hair extensions? Why spend thousands of dollars when you can just grow your hair out? I assume all this is to make oneself look more attractive to men, but do men really notice things like thicker hair, painted nails, makeup, jewelry, purses, shoes?

Also are veneers for people who didn’t get braces when they were younger? I never noticed she had veneers until people kept bringing it up. Though I’m sure men have veneers too, all this girly stuff mystifies me…

31. randais

June 20, 2012 at 8:38 AM

I find it a bit ironic, although we have wandered off topic, we are still discussing “an Emily”. 🙂 Just a WAY MORE interesting Emily.

32. punka

June 20, 2012 at 9:06 AM

For those of you thinking that there is no way the Emily picks Jef, you guys forget the Michelle Money connection here. Michelle and Emily are friends from the Womack season. Good enough friends that Emily let Michelle line her up with her own brother. A brother who happens to be friends with Jef. And word was that MIchelle gave Emily a heads up on Jef that he is a solid dude, has his own business that does well, family oriented, etc. I think Jef had an advantage from Day 1, and that is he came with a recommend.

By the way, if you are into conspiracy theories on this Season(I am not, but will throw this out there), what if Emily did this just for the $$$? Pulled a Brad Womack, if you will? Did it for the wardrobe (rumored to be over $350k total), the payout at the end, but had zero interest in finding a guy on this show. Wouldn’t Jef be the perfect guy to use for that since he actually knows someone who is friends with Emily and could be a willing participant? Like I said, not buying it, but just throwing it out there.

At the end, I think Emily ends up with no guy within 9 months of the Final Rose airing. But loads of magazine covers, interviews, and a nice chunk of change in her wallet.

33. karynr

June 20, 2012 at 9:07 AM

cubsfan…hello from another cubsfan. In fact, I’m heading to Chicago tomorrow and hope it cools down. I’ve been watching the temps and it’s almost as bad as AZ right now!

When I think about some of my escapades when I was younger, I can’t judge Arie at all on his behavior. I think some of us can probably come up with some pretty good stories from our younger days! I think Emily should have known about his brief relationship with Cassie (Producer), but if he has led a wild single life, that’s his business. Everyone has a past.

kasey…this is totally off subject, but why when I buy a blonder shad of hair color, does it not make me lighter? I went from dark ash blonde to medium ash blonde, and ended up the same…..light brown with different shades of blonde streaks. It still looks good, but why am I not blonder?

cycy…I think a lot of men do notice hair, make-up and all that other stuff. My ex and some of the guys I’ve dated over the years always had comments if they liked/didn’t like the way something looked.

34. cubsfan2785

June 20, 2012 at 9:10 AM

@cycy Veneers are not just for people who didn’t have braces as a kid. Anyone can get them. I have veneers and I had braces for 4 years as a kid. I got them bc I grind my teeth at night really badly and my dentist told me that in order to have teeth in 5- 10 years, I needed to get them. The majority of the time, they are for cosmetic purposes, but in some cases, they are recommended by a dentist. They can look natural, but they can also look very horse like (in many celebrities cases).

I don’t see what the big deal about plastic surgery is. If it makes you feel better about yourself, who am I to judge if someone has it or not. I’m not paying for it, my taxes aren’t paying for it, so if someone wants to get it, more power to them! I understand she is a natural beauty, and since she has enhanced her looks, she looks fake, but she is still looks great!!

35. CaliGirl

June 20, 2012 at 9:21 AM

@cubsfan- Emily hasn’t shown off her legs in any of the dresses so far (I don’t think), but we have seen her in short shorts a few times, especially on her Dollywood date with Arie. I’ll admit I am envious of her legs! They’re kind of on the skinny side but are super toned.

@kasey, randais, fade2black, mommyof2, and any other Revenge fans I’m leaving out (sorry)- I also think that Emily (the real Amanda) and Nolan are somehow related. How great is Nolan, BTW? Love him! I miss the weekly Nolan-isms, especially in the finale when he said “Don’t do anything revengey until I get there.”

I can’t wait to see who they cast as Emily’s mom. Sounds like she has some serious mental issues so that should be interesting once she and Emily finally reconnect. I think David Clarke is still alive somehow too, but maybe not even Nolan knows. I don’t know. I go back and forth about that. I loved 24 and thought it was hilarious that the WHM is Bill Buchanan. 🙂 He was one of my faves on 24 and I hope he really is working with Emily now, because it’s tough to see him play a bad guy.

No way is Fauxmanda’s baby Jack’s, but I agree with Kasey in that he always sees the good in everyone (except Victoria, lol) and would never suspect it’s not his. And I have had “Seven Devils” in my head ever since last night. Hey I’ll take that any day over Call me Maybe!!

I really wish Steve watched Revenge and wrote a recap about it. If he liked 24 and Lost I think he’d really like it and it’d be interesting to see him recap something that he generally liked instead of always making fun of it like Bach/ette.

36. cubsfan2785

June 20, 2012 at 9:23 AM

@karynr Go Cubs Go!!!I totally agree. I have done some stuff I have not been proud of. I know people can change. I guess I just don’t WANT to like Arie due to the stuff I have read, but I find myself liking him more and more.

37. cycy

June 20, 2012 at 9:41 AM

@ karynr — Wow, boyfriends would comment on makeup and things like nails and shoes? And purses? That all seems like so much work…and money! This is probably a stupid question, but when a girl meets a guy I assume she’s wearing makeup…but he’s eventually going to see the girl with no makeup on, right? Are women self-conscious about that, or guys, does it surprise you when you see the girl without makeup on? (If I sound like someone who hasn’t been out much…I haven’t.)

@ cubsfan — Thanks for the explanation on veneers. I think people have the right to have plastic surgery, though personally I find it scary to be cut open or have so much done that you look like a totally different person. I think Emily is very beautiful and looks very natural (except for the hair) – I wouldn’t have thought she had anything done. I also don’t understand how RS can tell if a woman’s had a boob job…some women are skinny and can still have big breasts…

38. ali

June 20, 2012 at 9:41 AM

on the after the final rose episode of brad’s season, emily had darker hair, it was like brown with some blonde highlights, and it looked much more natural…not sure why that was the only time she had her hair like this, but it looked better..google some images if you forget!

39. cycy

June 20, 2012 at 9:44 AM

@ cubsfan — I like Arie too, and I wonder if Steve’s exaggerating or there’s more behind the story. Arie seems pretty sincere and really into Emily…he doesn’t seem like a “player” to me at all.

40. cycy

June 20, 2012 at 9:47 AM

@ ali — I remember that, Emily with darker hair ATFR- it looked very natural and she looked great.

41. CaliGirl

June 20, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I thought Emily looked beautiful on Brad’s ATFR too. I liked her hair darker like that.

Revenge fans- I have had it happen on here before where once there get to be over 100 comments, I was unable to comment anymore. Also, I want to be respectful to all the people on here that have no interest in Revenge talk. 🙂 Anyway, there is a thread dedicated to Revenge over at the Bach and Bachelorette Fan forum site. I have posted in it before, and you can quote and copy other people’s comments and it’s much easier to carry on a convesation. If you want to check it out, here’s the link-

If it’s your first time there, you’ll need to register. (it’s quick, I promise)

Once registered, click on “Home” at the top left of the page. Then scroll down pretty far and look for “Other TV Shows- General Discussion- Current Events” and click on the “TV Shows Forum- Media- Discussions” link, and then “Revenge” is listed as a topic with it’s own thread.

42. cubsfan2785

June 20, 2012 at 10:07 AM

@cycy I don’t know what to believe anymore.

43. ifucsam

June 20, 2012 at 10:16 AM

I don’t think they were standing, I think they were sitting but just leaning over the edge. I couldn’t tell you why they were in the balcony though. Maybe because it looks pretty?

44. ifucsam

June 20, 2012 at 10:31 AM

@cycy A lot of women use extensions for a quick change of style. I’ve never seen the appeal but then again I’m not mega rich and famous. Also the makeup thing just depends on the girl, I know a girl who is married but puts on makeup and gets dressed up to take a walk around the block, she’s obviously insecure. Personally I don’t care what I look like because I know my husband loves me regardless but I also don’t wear much makeup if any 98% of the time and when I do it’s very natural and light.

45. cycy

June 20, 2012 at 11:15 AM

@ cubsfan — lol.

@ ifucsam — Yeah, I like the natural look better. I can’t imagine having to put makeup on all the time. And to exercise! That’s messed up! I wear some mineral powder and lip balm, and my bf’s have never complained. As for purses, accessories, shoes…I can’t even imagine getting all that together.

46. Sunnyside422

June 20, 2012 at 12:12 PM

For the hair experts on this board…I thought Emily’s hair looked awful in her scenes with Ryan. Does she need a color touch up or did she mean to show all the dark roots? She looked so much better on the after show with Brad…her hair was shorter and styled well. Suited her.

I am in the less is more camp re makeup. I don’t put anything on my face except moisturizer and some eye liner and mascara. When I use eye shadow, hubby notices and wonders why I’m all “painted up”. He definitely is not fond of anyone wearing tons of makeup. Might be frightening for a man to finally see a woman when she washes off all that paint. Or maybe Em sleeps with it on?

47. johannablue

June 20, 2012 at 12:25 PM

“Revenge Fans” YAY!! I can’t imagine that we’re wasting time on such mindless TV matters as the Bachelorette when there is Revenge to be discussed! Love that show! Totally enjoyed the comment section today! Revenge has a great Facebook page too! The hiatus sucked but they were not prepared for the hit they had on their hands so they had to film more shows. As I understand it the writers took a totally different direction with the story line when they realized what a hit they had. September WTH… ” Say it’s not so, lol!

48. CaliGirl

June 20, 2012 at 12:32 PM

@johannablue- Yay, another Revenge fan! 🙂 (again, soooo sorry to the people who don’t care or know what the heck we’re talking about.. I know it must be annoying..) I read somewhere that Mike Kelley decided to start airing season two a little later than most shows to avoid having more hiatuses again. There may be a week or two with no new episode but for the most part we should get to see a new episode each week once the season starts up. Woohoo!

Let me know if you guys sign up over at Bach and Bachelorette Fan forum and we can take the convo over there.

49. johannablue

June 20, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Oh.. Sorry RS! This season is really boring! Zzzzzzzzz! But your recaps make it much more interesting! I’m going to guess it’s Sean! We’ll see!

50. CaliGirl

June 20, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Steve’s recaps are making this season more fun though! I’m glad angry/bitter Steve is (almost) gone and we have the usual funny and sarcastic Steve back.