The Bachelorette 8 - Emily

The Bachelorette Recap Including The Latest Information Regarding the Ending & Jef is a Plagiarist

A couple things before we get started. I was given some information this past weekend concerning the ending of the show that I found very interesting. However, I’ve been emailing, calling, and texting since then to try and verify how accurate and true it is. I’m hoping to get verification as soon as I can. If I get it, then I will release what I know. It’s not solid enough right now, but it could be if I can get to the root of where it originated from. This goes a lot deeper than just “oh, someone told me they think they know who wins and what happens in the end.” Up until this point, we know Arie, Jef, and Sean are the final three. Some reports have said Arie wins, some say Jef, some say Sean. But as far as I’ve heard, none of those reports have revealed any other details regarding the ending other than “so-and-so wins.” Well great. Anyone can say that if they have nothing to back it up. This was the first information I’d heard this season that had details about the ending. Now I just need to see how accurate it is and if I feel confident enough to run with. It could end up being something, or it could fall flat. Trust me, I’ve had plenty of leads this season that have ended up going nowhere, but this seems to be the most legitimate one to date. I will keep you updated as I find out more hopefully.

So maybe some of you saw WetPaint.com’s column yesterday about Ryan appearing in Las Vegas this past weekend and judging a Hot 100 Bikini Contest last Friday. Well, in case you didn’t, here’s a good laugh you can have at the press release that made the rounds just shortly after Ryan’s “judging” appearance:

“Good Evening,

Earlier today, Angel Management Group’s WET REPUBLIC welcomed surprise guest Ryan Bowers of ABC’s hit reality show “The Bachelorette.” After the shocking elimination of the fan favorite on Monday night’s episode, Bowers made his way to Sin City to judge the hottest weekly bikini contest in town, the Hot 100.

Arriving to the adult-only pool party around 2 p.m. the heartthrob took his seat with the judging panel where he immediately became center of attention. Greeting the sexy contestants one-by-one, Bowers took the time to chat with the ladies before they showed off their sultry figures on the catwalk.

Soon after the contest the professional athlete headed to the water where he was surrounded by hundreds of stunning, bikini clad partygoers. Bowers spent the rest of the day partying and drinking while he mingled with his friends and nearby admirers.”

Man, wouldn’t it be fun to be a publicist so you can write silly stuff like that? He “immediately became the center of attention?” Really? At a pool in Las Vegas where basically guys like him are a dime a dozen? I found out a little more info about this from someone who was in attendance. Ryan was in Las Vegas with friends for a bachelor party, and all these guys were name dropping him in hopes of getting cabana service at one of the pools. So basically word got around that Ryan was there, they got a hold of him and told him, “Sure, we’ll hook you and your friends up, but you gotta judge this bikini contest and take photos in return.” So there you go. The good thing is, now we know Ryan is definitely being called on by the Lord to do something bigger in life. Like party with skanks poolside and judge Hot 100 Bikini Contests. Amen.

I wanna also give props to Yahoo! this morning for recapping the “Bachelorette” on their home page and referring to Emily as “Ashley.” Congrats. You are now in a tie for last with US Weekly on horrible journalism.

I know I posted part one of Jef’s conference call in Thursday’s column, but here was the rest of his interview in case you missed it. I’m sure a lot of you will dissect everything he says, but just remember, he’s conducting these interviews (just like Arie and Sean did) acting completely oblivious. I didn’t notice any answers out of the ordinary or any that completely surprised me. He’s toe’ing the company line like he’s supposed to.

And finally, what would a Tuesday update be without giving you the latest installment from the “Burning Love” franchise. I think you’ll see that this week’s episode has a very familiar storyline

Page 1 of 612345...Last »

1. andyleighe

June 27, 2012 at 3:07 AM

P.s this site is super user unfriendly! Tried to correct the grammar errors several times! *Hope your not pissed. I am a fan and keep up the good work. just saying what we’re all thinking 🙂

2. steveadore

June 27, 2012 at 4:42 AM

Hi Steve,
    Just signed up. I’ve enjoyed reading you for years though. Your take on Emily’s Chris was spot on, and funny! Boy, is he awkward to watch. I have to wonder if he cringes now watching this episode and how TOKEN that rose was… Sheesh! Can’t wait to hear your comments on the next episode. Got any clue as to who comes back at FRC? Ciao!

3. lobsterandbeer

June 27, 2012 at 5:00 AM

I am a long time reader of the site, or should I say skimmer! Love the spoilers but can’t stand RS’s humour when he is in 12 yr old boy phase. And for those of you who think he doesn’t read the comments, come on! He is conceited and egotistical and has plenty of time, why would he not?? If I can read 100 comments from 2 posts a week while hiding in a corner from my boss at work, I am friggen sure he can sit at home and find a half hour too LOL! Douche. The end.
    @Lovers and Haters –> where’s all this kissy kissy coming from? You are my only entertainment here now! Love the banter!
    @dianne umm are you Steve’s Mom?
    @dreamchi umm you need to switch to bath salts before you OD on whatever you’re on hehe
    @cammie love your comments!
    ok I feel better now!

4. bostoncpa

June 27, 2012 at 5:05 AM

For everyone who is having trouble with the pop-ups and ads, download a different browser. I use Mozilla Firefox to view RS, and there’s an add-on for it called adblocker. I don’t get any pop-ups, and the majority of the ads on the side of the page are blocked out as well. It doesn’t work for some reason to watch the vlog, but that’s the only time I’ll open internet explorer (and if you don’t scroll around, there doesn’t seem to be too many issues).

5. Sunnyside422

June 27, 2012 at 6:14 AM

Until Steve can confirm otherwise, I will stick with my original pick, Jef. He is so endearing and entertaining without being a jerk. From what we have been allowed to see of the guys, most seem decent. Maybe looking for adventure more than hoping to marry Emily with the exception of Kalon, Ryan (he looks oily and smarmy), and now Chris who does need some help in the anger department or maybe just needs to mature, most didn’t take the party frat behavior route.

As for Steve and his blog…I enjoy him whether he is knee slappin funny (last week’s blog about Travis and Ryan was hilarious and I still love re-reading it) or just downright nasty. He is what he is and depending on his mood for that given day, his blog will evolve. Think that he probably needs a good woman to sweeten him up a bit at times. And if he wants to see how a carefree, fun loving, self assured man behaves, just watch Jef. If I had a daughter, I’d sure encourage her find someone like him.

Never thought Arie was good looking, but what the heck he has women all over him and probably will continue to do so. He does have personality.

Sean, though a decent enough person, just seems too bland and vapid. I don’t dislike him or Arie. They just don’t hold my interest while I anticipate what Jef is gonna do and say…he is interesting. This coming Monday, he is supposed to do or say something that will certainly solidify his place in Emily’s heart. And I do think he is very attractive. I just hope Emily deserves someone like him.

6. ccrider

June 27, 2012 at 6:31 AM

@sunny……my thoughts exactly!

“As for Steve and his blog…I enjoy him whether he is knee slappin funny (last week’s blog about Travis and Ryan was hilarious and I still love re-reading it) or just downright nasty. He is what he is and depending on his mood for that given day, his blog will evolve.”

7. karynr

June 27, 2012 at 6:45 AM

Did anyone notice when Emily was talking to one of the guys about her hometown date with him, her first words were “I need to start planning what I’m going to wear.” While I know it’s common for most women to start planning what she wants to wear well before an event, the fact that she brough that up as the first thing on her mind is a real sign of her shallowness. Plus, her outfits are so matronly looking for someone that young. If she washed the make-up off and dressed more age appropriate, she’d look a lot better. The make-up is being applied with a shovel! Also, why can’t she touch up her roots. Why go to all the trouble of putting on all that make-up and frou-frou clothes and not bothinering to get rid of the dark roots?

8. Dianne

June 27, 2012 at 7:27 AM

@lobsterandbeer. No, actually I’m the sister, not the mom. This was pointed out to me a few weeks back. Gimme a break already! I’m neither, but have been visiting and commenting on Steve’s blog for years. Sorry you have such a problem with Steve, but unfortunately for you, this is HIS site, and he can write whatever he damn well pleases. Do you honestly think he cares if you like what he writes or not? Hell no!!

9. Dianne

June 27, 2012 at 7:30 AM

again @lobsterandbeer..your reference to baths salts is in bad taste..and your “hehe” doesn’t cut it.

10. liz123

June 27, 2012 at 7:39 AM

@Dianne, I think if I was you, I would claim that I was Steve’s sister instead of denying it so vehemently because if you don’t know him & love him in a real life way then your adamant defense of him at every turn (even when he’s obviously being a complete douche to his loyal readers & a liar) is kinda creepy. And I honestly think he SHOULD care what his readers think. You’re obviously right that he doesn’t, but that’s just flat out stupid & if you want him to succeed so badly it’s not very smart of you to trumpet out to the world how little he does care. That’s just genius. <— sarcasm

11. Dianne

June 27, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Okay, liz, I’ll be completely truthful then, yes, I am the sister. Happy now? And since I know him so well, I can tell you he will never, ever care about what his readers think. ‘Nuff said.

12. karynr

June 27, 2012 at 8:14 AM

Dianne…any business owner who doesn’t care what his customers, or in this case readership, think about his efforts, is a very ignorant individual. In all my years in business I’ve never experienced anything like this. Why do I come on here? Mainly to read the comments lately. The bitter, angry, jealous rantings don’t cut it anymore. I’ve been coming to this site since the beginning and have come to view this as his own personal forum for releasing his anger. He is no longer funny. But, back to my point. Does it make sense for someone running a business to treat his customers in such a nasty, inappropriate way? Would you run a business that way? It is totally and completely foolish and ignorant.

13. liz123

June 27, 2012 at 8:17 AM

@Dianne, you missed my point entirely. No sense in trying, I guess, since you seem to think I’m just trying to be disagreeable & say silly things like “’nuff said” which I’m not even sure how to respond to. Whatevs. <— Is that an appropriate response to "'nuff said"???

Let me try this just one more time. Yes, we all agree that this is Steve's blog & he can say whatever he'd like here. There, that's a fact we can all agree on. My point is, it isn't very smart to say everything you'd like to if it's pissing off the readers that are keeping this site afloat even when there are no spoilers. He can keep this blog forever if he wants I suppose, but he can't keep it profitable if he continues to piss a majority of readers off to the point that they go elsewhere. Honestly, I'm only still coming back b/c of this comment section (which is fastly being replaced by the FB group we now have) & the off-chance that he'll get the F1 for this season. If he doesn't, then BP3 & next season, I will probably have to go elsewhere for spoilers & won't come back here b/c Steve certainly isn't cool or even funny anymore. Don't you think it's a bad idea for him to behave the way he has especially in lieu of his lack of spoilers (the important ones anyway)? I get that you LOVE him, but sometimes even the people we love do things that we disagree with.

14. karynr

June 27, 2012 at 8:18 AM

For the person who wanted to know about other good ex-contestant blogs:

15. cammie99

June 27, 2012 at 8:18 AM

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!! Dianne is the SISTER of RS? And she admits it, FINALLY? All over the world pigs are sailing through the air, fat ladies are belting at the top of their lungs, and hell has turned into a massive glacier.

So, Dianne, I suppose it’s safe to say you won’t be joining the anti-RS-fan club?

16. karynr

June 27, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Sorry, that was incorrect. The site is http://www.thebachelor.warnerbros.com
    Enjoy! Some of them are quite good. I find Ashley Spivey funny and adorable. Natalie’s write-ups are pretty shallow, but it’s a fun read. There are quite a few who do recaps every week, both male and female ex-contestants.

17. karynr

June 27, 2012 at 8:30 AM

cammie…how funny!

18. readformindlessentertainmentandnothingelse

June 27, 2012 at 8:35 AM

What’s the name of the Facebook group you guys started?

19. aatex

June 27, 2012 at 8:35 AM

LMFAO… also a great rock band.

@Dianne, you’re just enough biotch to actually be related to him.

20. liz123

June 27, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Link to the FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/380698001994432/. Join us. Come on, Dianne. You too.

21. aatex

June 27, 2012 at 8:37 AM

22. aatex

June 27, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Sorry, that’s my page. It’s below

23. cammie99

June 27, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Yes, Dianne, do join us. And bring your mom, Jovi, and mother-in-law, Dreamchi, along with you.

24. randais

June 27, 2012 at 8:52 AM

@andyleighe, who cares if he’s “piswed” :D, he doesn’t care if he piswed’s us off.

25. randais

June 27, 2012 at 8:54 AM

@bostoncpa, that’s info worth investigating. I wonder if Chrome would work any better?

26. rollingeyes

June 27, 2012 at 9:07 AM

@Dianne – you know I’ve always been a staunch defender of RS right to say what he wants on his own blog, but I have to aadmit I think I’ve finally reached my limit. Calling Chris by all the girly names, ok. Calling Chris a prissy bitch or whatever it was (I will not go back and look), ok. But then he continued with calling him a vagina. So basically, Chris isn’t a real man, and RS was INSULTING him by calling him a woman. Using being a woman as an insult. I guess I’m finally offended. He is sexist and thinks so low of women. Why not call Chris a whiny little boy? Equate him to being a child? Instead, he resorts to insulting him by calling him a woman. This isn’t the first blog he’s done that in either. But this is the one that pushed me over the edge. He is free to write what he wants on his blog, I will still agree wit that. But as with any business, if you keep delivering sub-standard service and insulting and offending your customers, capitalism dictates you will soon be out of business. And frankly, with the lack of spoilers this season, I really won’t miss him. So keep on doing what you want Steve. But you are losing fans. If you don’t care, then maybe it is time to look for another line of work – you will need it.

27. rollingeyes

June 27, 2012 at 9:16 AM

P.S. And the annoying advertising, the pop-up ads, the ones redirecting to other sites…..those are making it so NOT worth coming back to this site. I’m usually pretty tolerant, but this is just plain irritating.

28. Dianne

June 27, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Oh gawd, girls, get a grip already! I am NOT Steve’s sister, and I’ve already claimed that fact a few weeks ago. cammie, you’re right, I won’t be joing the anti-Steve “club”, I wouldn’t waste my time knowing the likes of you would be a member. karynr, I agree with you 100% regarding customers, but you need to remember, we don’t pay a dime for having access to this blog. It’s entirely our choice whether we choose to come here or not. Obviously, you and others feel it’s forced upon you. Again, I will repeat, like a freaking broken record, if you don’t like what Steve puts out, don’t come here..simple..or rather, enough said (aka ’nuff said). liz..grow up already..geesh!

29. nobody1

June 27, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Rollingeyes : I think you’re reading too much into RS’s insults. Calling another man a ‘woman’ is not intended to be an insult to women. Never has been as long as I can remember. I’ve even heard women refer to a man as a girl, and yes, at times a ‘vagina’.

The insult is intended to take away a man’s manliness, which with some men is very embarassing due to their insecurities. I’m not trying to defend RS here either, I just think that maybe his juvenile comments are being a little over analyzed.

30. liz123

June 27, 2012 at 9:49 AM

@Dianne, there are lovers in that group too. Come on, it’s fun. Don’t take yourself so dang seriously. Chill, woman. Chill. It’ll be alright.

31. bigfatwoman

June 27, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Oh my Gawd….all the arguing on here…..so silly.

Do yourselves a favor, grab a bag of chips and just relax.

32. cammie99

June 27, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Oh Dianne, there you go with the compliments again. Silly goose!

33. iheartvino

June 27, 2012 at 10:05 AM

There is no “Club,” Dianne. This isn’t Mean Girls and we’re not “The Plastics.” (Although I do believe Miss Emily Maynard could very well be a Plastic)

Liz123 is right, there are many RS supporters on the group as well. You should join! ‘Nuff said.

34. liz123

June 27, 2012 at 10:08 AM

NOOOOOOO, bigfatwoman, you’re not losing your mojo too are you?! BOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

35. karynr

June 27, 2012 at 10:11 AM

I certainly don’t feel “forced” to come on here. As I’ve said often recently, I come on to read the entertaining back and forth in the comments. That is the only entertainment value of the site these day, IMPO.

36. cammie99

June 27, 2012 at 10:11 AM

@BigFat….did you wake up on the right side of the bed today? 😉

37. jazzmine

June 27, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Another FUNNY blogger is a San Francisco gal named Jen Frase
    She does not read spoilers or know any.

38. bostoncpa

June 27, 2012 at 10:14 AM

@randais I’m not 100% sure about chrome since I can’t download it at work… I’ve used it once or twice at home for RS, and it’s MUCH better than internet explorer (if you have the ad-blocker add-on). Not sure if the videos work on it though, I’ve never tried.

39. JovisMom

June 27, 2012 at 10:26 AM

You know the more time that is going by and lack of pictures of guys holding up a ring, or Em standing somewhere on a beach at sunset with a table with a single red rose on it makes me truly believe that she picks NO ONE. I said it before and I will say it again, I don’t believe any mother, especially Emily would accept a proposal from a man without seeing him with her daughter. I just don’t see “it” with any of them. With Arie it is just lust, Jef seems too immature and more like a little brother type to her, I was cringing watch her roll on the ground kissing him, and Sean while he seems like the best fit he simply doesn’t make enough money for her. Yes her make up, tan, and hair need to take it down a notch. I call Emily Paint By Number because that is how hew face is like with the way she wears her make up. 🙂

40. rollingeyes

June 27, 2012 at 10:42 AM

JovisMom – you should join the FB page. You’re a regular poster here, and I think you’d enjoy the conversations held there.

41. JovisMom

June 27, 2012 at 10:58 AM

@ rollingeyes – can I do it from my iPhone?

42. liz123

June 27, 2012 at 11:15 AM

@Jovi, yes you can do it on your iPhone. Here’s the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/380698001994432/.

Just a thought on your theory that Emily chooses nobody. When Brad didn’t choose anybody, they still had a FRC and still showed shots from the FRC, so I think it is something different. I think they held the FRC in the middle of the night on a closed set with only the few essential crew there to get the shots they needed to keep it from being leaked… especially since there weren’t just spoilers of Ben’s FRC, but there were actual pics of Ben’s FRC!! I tend to agree that she might not accept an actual proposal, though, & might do the “let’s continue to date” thing since Emily has said nobody actually meets Ricki during the season.

43. jessica1

June 27, 2012 at 11:34 AM

@rollingeyes — yep, you are right “and RS was INSULTING him by calling him a woman. Using being a woman as an insult.”

Just because a woman participates in sexism by calling a man ‘being a girl’ doesn’t cancel-out the sexist attitude.

For all the years I’ve been reading RS, he’s frequently mentioned one of his fave sites as thedirty. If you know it, you know this is who RS originally aspired to be. BUT HE FORGOT – thedirty’s market is MEN. RS’s site is marketing largely to women.

Its unfortunate. He can be funny and observant.

44. JovisMom

June 27, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Maybe there is no FRC maybe she realizes she can’t go through with it. Is it in her contract that she HAS TO be a part of the FRC?

45. katieny1974

June 27, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Do we really know that Sean makes the F3? I just noticed a preview for next week on the ABC site that wasn’t shown after last week’s episode, where it shows that Sean still lives at home . . . with a terribly messy room. Ack! How could someone in his mid to late 20’s, still living at home and seemingly not able to properly care for their own belongings, possibly be ready to support a wife and 6-year-old child? You’ve gotta’ be kidding! When this dude left for the show, did he not have enough confidence in himself to at least make his bed & pick up dirty laundry in hopes that he might return for a visit with the bachelorette? What I find even more hilarious is that his mom didn’t run in there beforehand and throw everything in a closet. Kudos for her! 😉 If this guy makes it through the next rose ceremony, I will seriously have doubts about Em’s decision-making abilities. Team Arie all the way!

46. Sunnyside422

June 27, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Poster on the Bachelorette web site states Star Magazine (one of those ohhh sooo accurate rags!) says Chris Harrison and Ems have been an item since she dumped Brad. How she could and would want an old dirt bag like Chris is beyond me even if there is a grain of salt in the story.

Remember Roz from Brad’s season who called Chris out at the WTA about his dalliance with a contestant in Australia (I believe…someone will recall for me) and how people just could not believe wonderful Chris could do such a thing. Now his wife Gwen is soon to be history. I always wondered how “friendly” Chris got with the skanky Bachelorettes. If he rubs elbows with Fleiss, anything is possible.

47. lobsterandbeer

June 27, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Oh Dianne lighten up, eh? (yup – Canadian too) Just having some fun! You just seem so defensive! I see your point, you enjoy Steve and his blog, that’s great! So why can’t people that come here for spoilers but don’t like Steve as much have the same right? Steve may be a Douche but he’s not stupid, I doubt he wants even the haters to leave as they drum up just as many hits for him! I guarantee if I’m amused by the bickerings he is too! Hi Steve! Answer my emails you Douche! Anywho…what I don’t get is when someone says something against Steve, the StevieLovers put in a personal attack, I find it strange, nowhere in the headings does it say “Positive comments about how much you love me ONLY” nuff said!
    Oh and I also doubt anyone that’s doing bath salts is running home to read a comments section for a reality blog and/or would even be offended! Unless they’re sturdy geez! hehe

48. jgunn

June 27, 2012 at 1:58 PM

I agree with Nobody1, in that I think some of the things Steve says are taken way too seriously and completely over analyzed. Although I do see the value in the argument that some of the things Steve says do cross the line, but I feel like he has always written that way.

As far as Jef goes, he grows on me more each episode but I still find myself cringing when he and Emily interact. I agree that he is very genuine and sincere but I just don’t see the chemistry between these two that most others do.

I still like Arie the best for her, but I don’t think he is there for the right reasons. Sean is a complete doll, but I also agree that he doesn’t make enought money to support the kind of life style Em is accustom to.

If she ends up with Chris Harrison I will die. Could you imagine the heat she would take? There is just no way there is any merit to that story….. I hope. Yikes.

49. bigfatwoman

June 27, 2012 at 2:18 PM

I may have lost my mojo because, I have a confession.

RS and I are getting it on…..

We have been practicing all week how to walk and smooch at the same time. Not an easy task with bigfatwoman.

Steve is a dream in the sack. He plays “hide the finger” and all kinds of sexy games that he often mentions here. He is everything a woman would want.

I’m in heaven ladies…..winky face, smiley face, ooh la la.

50. aatex

June 27, 2012 at 2:32 PM

@Lobster, if Steve could get away with it, he would advertise what you said… “Positive comments about how much you love me ONLY”.

Rarely does an email get posted that isn’t bravado about how great he and his blog are.