Reader Emails

“Reader Emails,” the Emily/Chris Harrison Nonsense & Sean Lowe is the Humanitarian of the Year

Back again tonight with another live video blog (9:00PM EST/6:00PM PST). Next week I’m in California and at the Angel game Thursday night with my webmaster, so, there won’t be another live video blog until July 12th. Get your questions in tonight. Especially the real good ones like, “Is Emily carrying Chris Harrison’s baby?”

Obviously gotta start with the Star Magazine report that Emily and Chris Harrison are together. I want to give a special shout out to Star for printing that bogus, ridiculous, uninformed story since it blew up my Twitter feed and inbox. I’m kinda beginning to dread Wednesdays now, because that’s the day the tabloids come out. And the second anyone reads anything regarding the “Bachelorette,” no matter how ridiculous and without merit or sources it is, immediately I get asked about it. Go do a search of “@RealitySteve” on Twitter from yesterday, and you’ll see all the people who asked or retweeted me about the story. After a while, I just gave up. People, please think before asking if it’s true or not. I mean, really. Do you honestly think that Emily and Chris Harrison are together? Really? REALLY? It’s amazing what tabloids will print just for a reaction. And for Vienna to be the one to put her name behind it saying she “guarantees Emily and Chris are together” is mind boggling. I hope they paid her well. All you need to do would be to think about the ramifications something like that would have on this franchise to know there’s not an ounce of truth to it. No, Emily is not with Chris Harrison. Lets move on.

Yesterday afternoon I did an interview with Celebzter.com, where they asked me a few questions regarding the website, the lawsuit, and the show in general. To read the interview, click here. And wow, that picture of Maddie and I couldn’t have been more than a month after I adopted her back in 2008. I need some new photos of myself. I barely have any. Guys are different that way. When we go out at night, we don’t incessantly take pictures of ourselves with Zoolander face like women do. And ladies, if a guy does have a Facebook page with pictures of himself plastered all over it, you might wanna turn and run the other way.

Hey, guess what? ABC is toying with you again in their latest promo for the hometown date episodes. This didn’t air after Monday’s show, but went up online Tuesday:

So for like the 1000th time in this show’s history, they’re jerking around with their audience making you believe something that isn’t true. And plenty of people were fooled considering how many tweets and emails I got asking about it yesterday. The answer is no, Sean does not live at home. It’s a joke they played on Emily making her believe he did.

Your latest “Burning Love” episode is now up and available. Sorry monkey heart girl. No hose for you. Oops. Spoiler.

And finally, I wanted to make mention of this because it probably wasn’t going to get out there unless someone brought it up, and since it involves one of this season’s contestants, I figured I’d share. Hate to out Sean Lowe for this since I’m guessing he didn’t do this looking for publicity, but it’s too good of a story not to mention.

Last year two high school friends in Dallas, Anna Basso (@1million4Anna), and Micaela White (@micaelasarmy), were both patients at Dallas Childrens Hospital. Anna was diagnosed with Ewing’s Sarcoma, and Micaela with Leukemia. After long battles, each passed away last year. Anna died on June 8th, 2011, while Micaela died August 17th. Both sets of parents had said that their daughters favorite show was the “Bachelor.” So all of their friends, now freshmen in college, get together from time to time to talk about the charity, and have pot luck dinners and watch the show and so forth. I was informed that Sean was told of this story and made a surprise appearance last night to one of the parties. You can actually see on his Twitter page (@SeanLowe09), him wearing the wrist bands in support of both girls. This is a video done last year that I found talking about their story. It was made after Anna had died, but before Micaela had passed:

Very cool story and I applaud Sean for doing something like that. I’m sure if he wanted publicity out of this, cameras crews would’ve been tipped off and been there during his arrival. I was told this was completely spontaneous and none of the friends knew he was showing up. Also, if you look back on Sean’s Twitter feed, you’ll find that on June 13th he corresponded with Lauren Scruggs. This was the Dallas model that lost her left hand and one of her eyes in a helicopter accident last December. I was told Sean joined Lauren at her rehab appointment that day, and that’s how they met. So lets see, Ryan uses his notoriety from the show to judge chicks in bikinis and get bottle service at poolside cabanas in Vegas, and Sean is doing this? Why don’t we just give him the Humanitarian of the Year Award now and call it a day. Props to Sean for doing this.

1. cammie99

June 28, 2012 at 10:35 AM

So, is Emily carrying Chris Harrison’s baby?

2. cammie99

June 28, 2012 at 10:53 AM

@Super Lovers: the next time you ask the “haters” why we keep coming back to this site, I want you to refer back to this answer provided by your Super Idol:

“If I didn’t want anything negative said about me, wouldn’t I just eliminate the comments section altogether? Or just delete every single one that’s negative?”

Did you all see that? Now write it down. Then take a picture. Now upload it to your Facebook account and make it your profile picture. Once done, enlarge the photo for your screensaver. Then make it the background on your cell phone. Now tweet a photo, and also pin to one of your boards on Pinterest. Finally, upload it to your Instagram account.

After having done all that, surely you will recall the answer before you ask the question for the 67hundrethmillionth time.

3. rollingeyes

June 28, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Idiot – the reason June has been your biggest month ever on this site is because we’re all wondering when the hell you’re finally going to have the Final Rose Ceremony spoilers. Not because your writing is great, not because we actually care. But because we have come to expect something from you, that you keep teasing us with. “I have some info, but I can’t tell you yet, but soon, real soon”…..so we keep coming back for it.

Also, in case you hadn’t noticed, and I’m sure you have because you DO read your comments (I don’t belive that you don’t)…..a lot of people come back to your site to complain about your sexist pig writing, and talk about what a douche you are. Whats more fun than talking about a douche on the douche’s own site? HA ha ha!

4. iheartvino

June 28, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Sure, Steve, we believe you that you don’t read the comments. Mmm-hmm.

And to the commenter that said “millions of people” that come to this site? I don’t think so. Thousands, maybe even hundred of thousands, sure. But millions is a stretch.

5. karynr

June 28, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Steve, you and your mom and sister must be exhausted from staying up all night writing those letters! Those were hysterical. And I’m not laughing with you…..

High five Cammie!

6. iheartvino

June 28, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Steve, honey, don’t flatter yourself. There’s a very large bunch of us that come here for the comments section, not to read your emails that have “Hi Steve, love your blog, blah blah blah” in them. Please don’t pretend that you know us any better than we know you.

7. hotchacha

June 28, 2012 at 11:19 AM

@Cammie & @Rollingeyes…hilarious! I was thinking “Enjoy it while it lasts, goofball,” while reading about how happy he is with June’s numbers. After this last women-baiting column, I’ll be surprised if subsequent months do well. At least Jef’s quips, a man you’re so threatened by apparently, are funny….and I truly doubt anyone cares where they come from.

So every thought and line you’ve uttered have been completely original? It’s ALL derivative.

8. debora123

June 28, 2012 at 11:25 AM

@Iheartvino:

“Steve, honey, don’t flatter yourself. There’s a very large bunch of us that come here for the comments section, not to read your emails that have “Hi Steve, love your blog, blah blah blah” in them.”

Doesn’t this mean YOU obviously read it?? o.O

9. liz123

June 28, 2012 at 11:35 AM

“Ummmm, ok” is what Steve always says when he has nothing intelligent to retort with. He’s done it to me before. He’s just not intelligent enough to have a debate beyond “ummm, ok” IMO.

10. liz123

June 28, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Also, I love that Steve mentions that we don’t have anything on who the F1 is & we’ve had just as long as he has to find out. WTF?! Does he realize that he does this for a freaking living?! I’m a scientist, Steve. I’m not bashing you for not cloning my cells properly this week. Good God. The idiotic things he says just make my head want to explode.

11. reddla

June 28, 2012 at 11:50 AM

lol@cammie and baby comment. and yes, steve banned my former user name from the comments board when he didn’t like what i had to say.

12. debora123

June 28, 2012 at 11:54 AM

@Liz,

Does reading RS really make your head want to explode?

13. huskerfan

June 28, 2012 at 11:59 AM

I just don’t understand, why all the hate? I find Steve harsh, even crass at times but there seems to be so much anger with these comments. It’s simple folks – stay away if he upsets you so much. Life is short, go do something you enjoy!

14. debora123

June 28, 2012 at 12:04 PM

@huskerfan,

Shhhhhh!!! It’s good for RS’s site that they keep coming back.

Don’t reveal to them that the next logical step to take when you don’t like reading something is to stop reading it! 😉

15. sandy

June 28, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Sean sounds like an awesome guy! Huge props to Sean. 🙂

16. trola

June 28, 2012 at 12:18 PM

So, Steve – how can you be 100% certain that Emily and CH aren’t in a relationship? While I don’t put much stock in tabloids, at least they quoted a source (who knows boths parties) for their position.
    And for me, this isn’t really about whether they are in a relationship, it’s about what an arrogant tool you are! You are SO right when you describe yourself as “sophomoric”! Trust me, there are many, many people who come to this site ONLY for the spoilers. There probably are a bunch who come for your recaps, but I’m not one of them. In fact, I’m turned off by your writing. I think the ONLY reason you’re acting so sure and smug about the Chris and Emily thing is because you don’t like it that you got scooped! Have you considered that perhaps the reason there is no info about the finale is because she doesn’t choose anyone because she IS involved with CH? Of course not! That would require an open mind – which clearly you lack.

17. JovisMom

June 28, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Hi everyone!!!
    OK so Emily does not choose anyone and is not involved with Chris Harrison. I am agree that she is probably dating one if not both of them (Sean and Jef) to see where it goes. I have a feeling ($$$$$) she may go for Jef and date him exclusively for a while but nothing long term.

18. karynr

June 28, 2012 at 12:26 PM

And to correct the negative (and once again jealous) remarks towards Jesse C., he is 10 times the person RS is, based on first-hand experience. He responds to readers with professionalism, maturity and warmth. I wrote him once when he was recapping The Bach, and received a very nice reply.

19. iheartvino

June 28, 2012 at 12:29 PM

@Debora, huh?? I never said I didn’t read it. I clearly said the reason I come to the site is for the comments section, not to read those emails. Obviously I had to have read those emails to be able to make that comment. The point is that there are lot of us that have driven up the traffic to this site by coming back to the comments section repeatedly. His writing skills are not the only reason for the spike in traffic.

20. liz123

June 28, 2012 at 12:32 PM

@debora123, stupidity in general makes my head want to explode sometimes & you’re not really helping the cause. Actually, my head is already partially exploded so I’m having trouble writing this with only half a brain. Hey, Deb, it’s an expression. It isn’t literal. But all joking aside– don’t you find it kind of dumb for him to say that about his readers not having any spoilers either?! Don’t you, Deb?! Really? I mean, that’s like going to a doctor & them saying “What? You expect me to have a diagnosis? You’ve been living in that body for 34 years & you haven’t figured it out yet, what do you expect of me?!” <— Hey, Deb, that's an analogy. It isn't literal. My doctor doesn't really do that & I don't think Steve is an MD.

21. huskerfan

June 28, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Good call @debora123 – I guess any reader even an angry one is still a reader!

22. aatex

June 28, 2012 at 12:36 PM

I rarely read his recaps, they’re not funny. Spoilers are nonexistent. I come to read the comments – those ARE funny! And before someone wants to remind me for the nth time, I don’t care that I’m bringing him $$$.

See ya’ll in the chat tonight 🙂

23. liz123

June 28, 2012 at 12:40 PM

@aatex, I don’t care about bringing him hits either. I mean, I don’t like wish the guy real bodily or financial harm. Good grief. I just think he is kinda dumb, arrogant, & sexist sometimes. Aaaand, I have a good time bashing someone who gives me so very much material to work with. 🙂

24. debora123

June 28, 2012 at 12:43 PM

@ Liz…

So the answer then is “yes?”

Reading RS makes your head want to explode? 😀

25. debora123

June 28, 2012 at 12:47 PM

@ iheartvino,

I was simply pointing out the irony of your post. Didn’t mean to confuse you.

26. liz123

June 28, 2012 at 1:17 PM

@debora123, the answer is “yes” but not in a literal sense. I know you think it’s dumb for me to keep reading if that’s what I think. You’ve only said it 2,000 times. Believe it or not, though, I actually do a lot of things that make my head want to explode- like reading political commentary that is opposite my own views, reading things that bash religion (even though I consider myself moderately religious), reading trash magazines even though I really don’t believe anything they print. You only grow as a person if you challenge yourself & open yourself up to opposing views- even if it’s minutiae & doesn’t really matter in our lives like politics & religion do. I just enjoy a good debate & a fun back & forth. I think it’s even kind of more enjoyable when the topic isn’t something that really, really matters (like religion) because it isn’t taken so personal & is just fun to me. You provide me with that, so thanks! I really mean that!

27. iheartvino

June 28, 2012 at 1:24 PM

@Debora, you didn’t confuse me, but thanks. 🙂 Moving on…

28. ccrider

June 28, 2012 at 1:35 PM

I come to the site to read the recaps and spoilers but I’m now hooked on the comments section! Talk about livening up my work day! Y’all help me make it through! I’ll try to get more active with posting on here but I’m normally a shy person. 🙂

29. cammie99

June 28, 2012 at 1:41 PM

@husky: what angry people do you speak of? We are not angry; on the contrary, we are entertained. Now the source of our entertainment is where you seem to get confused. Does RS entertain us? Not so much. Do we entertain one another? Yes, we do. Both here and elsewhere. 🙂

30. debora123

June 28, 2012 at 1:45 PM

@ Liz

Ah, I see. So basically, YES, reading RS does make your head want to explode, but you do it anyway.

Just making sure. 🙂

31. pappy

June 28, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Some of you ladies are too snarky for me. I prefer my Stepford Wife. Meatloaf better be ready with a cold beer by the couch!

32. jessica1

June 28, 2012 at 3:30 PM

uhhh yes, it doesn’t take much to know EXACTLY who wrote at least 3 of those letters. They’ve posted the same phrases, same syntax, blah blah blah on the blog multiple times. And from both the “love RS” and “hate RS” crowd!

33. elizabeth82

June 28, 2012 at 3:55 PM

That was nice to read about Sean. He is a nice guy, if seemingly bland.

Thursday columns are more of a slog to get through than Tuesday’s, and all the back and forth extreme love for Steve on the one hand and vitriol on the other doesn’t make sense to me. Sure, the bit about Chris “menstruating” I didn’t find the least bit funny, but I also wasn’t exactly offended. The ignorant comments about libraries and librarians got to me more! But anyway, I don’t get the extreme reactions on either side. I don’t get the kissing his ass on the one hand and I don’t get the “Steve, you’re SO mean and SO offensive” comments, either. They both seem equally extreme.

While I don’t know what’s getting Steve the most traffic he’s had despite the fact that he doesn’t know the ending (not knowing is fine by me by the way) I do think he’s being overly simplistic in his analysis of it. His site blew up because of spoilers and inside knowledge, and I think maybe people keep checking back to see if he’s announced it yet. I don’t think he should jump to the conclusion that they care more about the recaps. And as mentioned, there is also the comments section that people check back on.

34. wisewords

June 28, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Too bad we don’t have a “like” button for the comments section. Ha ha!

FYI-disagreeing with something RS says or making a constructive criticism in the comments section does not make one a “hater.” Not everything is black and white.

Steve is not always my favorite person because of the way he treats his loyal readers. I don’t hate him. (He’s just a blogger!) And I don’t really like him either.

I also find his writing style to be verbose and redundant, although I can see he’s been making an effort to improve on that. So kudos to him.

So why do I (and people like me) read his column?

Well, first of all, I don’t really “read” it. I skim it.

Second, I don’t read for entertainment because I don’t find him that funny.

I read (skim) for the spoilers.

I also read for these comments, which are often more entertaining than RS’s column.

I’d like to hope that clears things up as to why the “haters” are on here commenting, but I’m sure it won’t. The “lovers” will always be upset that the “haters” are on here commenting because the world is black and white to them.

*Sigh*

35. bigfatwoman

June 28, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Oh Stevie boy….it seems so many have turned on you.

If you were writing honestly, you’d say…”I can’t believe what huge numbers I had in June…seems people keep coming back here to look for actual spoilers or to read the comments section.”

Then you’d zip your pants up and call it a day.

I hate the word “hater” — I think it’s overused and stupid, but I do love to hate Steve. He makes it so easy. He personifies douchebag….and he simply invites scrutiny by pretending to be so cool.

36. wineau

June 28, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Moms like you choose Jef.

37. aatex

June 28, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Great point @wisewords… my attention span just won’t get me through all 6 pages he writes.

I don’t hate RS, I just can’t stand his rambling and rude BS.

38. cammie99

June 28, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Jessica said: “And from both the “love RS” and “hate RS” crowd!”

Well that narrows it down…to everyone everywhere.

39. jessica1

June 28, 2012 at 5:57 PM

No, not actually- love and hate represent the extreme ends of the spectrum. I believe the majority of us fall in the middle; we think he has hilarious moments so we visit multiple times to have a laugh & get the scoop. And then there are moments when we wonder if he was raised w/o human contact.

Reading those letters, it felt pretty clear to me which regular commenters/posters wrote a few of them.

40. cynderfish

June 28, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Steve, please spoil this show already? I know you have to be close to revealing the end. I come to your site every session for the lowdown. Don’t disappointment now.

Thanks

41. liz123

June 28, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Thanks for checkin’ on me, Deb. Just don’t know what I’d do without ya! By the way, isn’t it funny how I knew exactly what you were going to say?! Odd.

42. carmondy

June 28, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Arie DOES make it to the F2 – how do I know? Well I can’t tell you all, I just KNOW…

43. debora123

June 28, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Yeah, no prob! You seemed like you really needed someone to check in on you. 😀

44. kasey31

June 28, 2012 at 9:20 PM

im confused.. why is deb obsessed with liz’s head?

45. daagone

June 28, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I was actually curious about Chris and Emily since he divorced or separated from his wife. Last year he was
    confirming how committed he is to his wife and marriage and something changed. I suspected that it could be because
    of Emily. But also think she likes the big guy with blond
    hair….Sean? Well, I’m curious about all this. I hear she
    got engaged and don’t think it would be to CH.

46. debora123

June 29, 2012 at 7:15 AM

@Kasey,

When someone says that reading a silly blog that is purely for entertainment purposes makes their head want to explode, it would seem perfectly logical to be curious as to why that person would keep reading such blog.

That is all. 😀

47. JustJenna

June 29, 2012 at 7:57 AM

If I didn’t want anything negative said about me, wouldn’t I just eliminate the comments section altogether? Or just delete every single one that’s negative? If that’s what people want to spend their time doing, let them. It’s sad, but whatever. I don’t concern myself with it.

If that’s the case, then why did you ban my roommate who continually snarked on you in the comments? You DO concern yourself with it, even if you don’t want to admit it.

48. Athena

June 29, 2012 at 8:08 AM

@JustJenna, Sometimes comments on a blog are so offensive to other readers that they simply have to be removed, and the poster of them banned. I don’t know if that was the case with your roomate or not, but if it was, I’m not sorry about what happened. I could be wrong, but given the level of discord and nastiness that IS allowed here, I’m imagining that a person would have to be REALLY offensive to be banned.

49. kasey31

June 29, 2012 at 8:21 AM

@athena- agreed!

@deb123- sometimes people in general make my head almost explode, but that doesnt mean i isolate myself from the world and stop talking to people.. i just thought it was being used as a figure of speech.. as a literal one, it would be no laughing matter.. even steve wouldnt want that to happen to liz 😉

50. debora123

June 29, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Right, but there is a big difference between becoming a hermit and simply ceasing to read a blog about a TV show.

Sometimes, we NEED to put up with things that are annoying and drive is crazy. Other times, we don’t.