The Bachelorette 8 - Emily

The Bachelorette Recap, “Men Tell All” Details, and the Mike Fleiss Tweets

-Arie’s date is at Spanish Water Bay where they go swimming with the dolphins. Emily is very happy that Arie is so protective of her in the water. And on land. And in a bed. And in a car. And on a boat. Basically, Emily admits that she loves kissing Arie and that’s pretty much the extent of their relationship. They kiss everywhere, all day, every day. Of course, Arie’s done this with numerous other women, so it’s not like Emily should feel all that special because of it. But she does. They swam with the dolphins, kissed, and…well, that’s all I really remember. I can’t tell you one thing in 8 weeks that these two have talked about that was worth a damn. Well, other than the Cassie stuff, and that was basically blown in over in about 10 seconds cuz she wanted to make out with him again. Without a doubt, a physical attraction there, but other than that, not much more. I think we’ll see in two weeks why he was the one that wasn’t chosen. There’s just nothing there other than tongue action.

-At dinner, Arie stole Jef’s skinny jeans for the date. Even Emily kinda grills him on “Hey buddy, what do you even do? What are your days like? I don’t know what you do on a Tuesday morning.” Arie’s answer didn’t exactly set the world on fire. He says he gets up at 9. Man, even I’m up earlier than that and I don’t have a desk job or office to get to every morning. 9? You just told a single mom that you get up at 9 every morning? Why not just tell her you’re up still 2am every morning taking bong hits as well? Maybe this is where Arie sealed his fate. Even he was taken aback when Emily said she was up earlier than 6 every morning. I think this is where Arie pissed himself and realized, “Uh oh. No more late nights out fraternizing with all the young hotties in the Scottsdale area. Gotta get home and play daddy.” Yeah, this guy is ready to settle down. Uh huh. If any of you out there actually believe this guy is ready to settle down into Emily’s lifestyle, you are kidding yourselves. I know there’s a lot of Arie love out there, but trust me, Emily is better off that she dodged that bullet. Not a chance in hell they would’ve lasted. Do they like to kiss and make a cute couple? Sure. But beyond that? Wasn’t gonna work.

-Arie says he gets home around six every day, but then meets up with friends and eats out all the time. Hey, something Arie and I have in common! Well, up until two weeks ago. I will have you know that I’ve made a more conscious effort to go the grocery store more often. Sure, I still eat out, but I’ve cut back a bit. Eating a lot more sandwiches here at home than before, along with snacking on stuff, which I’ve rarely ever done. With that said, I’m craving the Cotton Patch today since it’s been over a week since I’ve been there, so, disregard everything I just said. It’s my home away from home. Arie said that after work he’s usually always out with friends hanging out. I wish he would’ve gone into more detail about what that inferred. But then that would’ve sealed his fate right then and there. Hey, I don’t blame the guy. He’s obviously going to take advantage now of the fact he’s been on the show and the attention he will gain from it. I’d be shocked if he wasn’t on “Bachelor Pad 4” next season. Perfect candidate. And no doubt he’d get to the end. Guaranteed. A long line of “Bachelor” girls that would seem to kill to hook up with him, so he’ll have no problem whatsoever finding someone after this show. Knock em’ dead, Arie. Choose wisely. Or just choose all of them.

-Emily never acknowledges the date card, nor does she even read it during Arie’s date because, well, she says she doesn’t trust herself. “I don’t trust myself. I won’t let myself go there. But Good Lord he’s hot!” When I reported on Sunday night exactly what you were going to see last night, I immediately knew there’d be two camps of people on this. The Jef fans reaction to me to her not giving Arie the fantasy suite card was, “See, she respected the guy she knew was gonna choose so much, she decided not to even go there with one of the other ones.” And all the Arie supporters stance to me was, “See? That just proves she likes Arie the most and is gonna pick him.” Well I hate to tell ya’ Arie fans, but the Jef fans seem to win on this one. I guess only Emily knows the true reason why she didn’t offer Arie the fantasy suite, but, anybody saying that Arie didn’t get the card because she liked him the most is just plain wrong. If she did, she would’ve chosen him in Curacao and be with him now. She’s not. If I had to guess, I’d say she knew it was Jef going in to the overnights, but if she offers the fantasy suite to just Jef, then it’d be obvious who she was gonna choose in the end. Then again, this is all just going off of what was actually shown on TV last night. I’m a little skeptical to say the least about what happened once the dates were over and cameras stopped rolling.

1. bklover

July 11, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Much has been discussed about Emily declining to have any of the final three spend the night in the fantasy suites due to her wanting to set a good example for her daughter, etc. But didn’t she spend the night in the fantasy suite with Brad on his season?

2. jillbeau

July 11, 2012 at 12:17 PM

@Kali,
    I couldn’t agree more! I only found RS’ site during Ashley Hebert’s season, and halfway through at that. It came up when I did a simple google search of something like “Who does Ashley Hebert pick?” It was only then that I was introduced to the world to Bachelor/ette spoilers. I have watched nearly every season prior and had no idea about spoilers. If you’re not looking for them, you’re not going to find them.

3. JovisMom

July 11, 2012 at 12:21 PM

@ bklover – I am almost certain that she did not spend the night with Brad. I think she went and talked with him a little off camera but I believe it was like Sean’s date, where she left afterwards.

4. RDTF

July 11, 2012 at 12:33 PM

During the tweeting frenzy I finally couldn’t take it anymore and tweeted to Fleiss that he really needed to take a break….and also said that he was obviously unaware that people that read the spoilers still watch the show. Trust me, viewership is really all that matters to a producer.

5. lcs85

July 11, 2012 at 12:34 PM

I haven’t posted in 2 days! Why do I keep getting an error saying I’m posting to quickly?

@jillbeau and @Kali

I just looked at Fleiss’ twitter, and didn’t see anyone claiming to have accidently came on RS and read spoilers. Thats not what they said at all. The only person who commented said she saw in the comment section of Ashley’s blog (on ABC.com so you know she isn’t promoting RS) who RS picks to win. That is actually how I found out about RS. Not Ashley’s blog, but another recap blog where someone posted in the comments that RS is saying Vienna wins Jake’s season. I didn’t go searching for spoilers, and I wasn’t looking to see who won. But once you read someone’s comment its not like you can unsee it, or decide that oh, that comments going to spoiler, I won’t read it.

6. brooklyngirl

July 11, 2012 at 12:46 PM

7. twinkie kitty face

July 11, 2012 at 12:54 PM

cotton patch – really?

8. RDTF

July 11, 2012 at 12:55 PM

brooklyngirl that’s funny – would love to know what Steve thinks about that

9. JovisMom

July 11, 2012 at 12:59 PM

That is what I posted earlier on this thread….Might happen. There is all this craziness that is suppose to happen…

10. jules1

July 11, 2012 at 1:56 PM

RS comments about this on his twitter page: RealitySteve ?@RealitySteve
    “For those asking, thats not Perez’s story. It’s on In Touch’s website today. Consider the source. Just more tabloid garbage.”
    I completely agree – this is tabloid B.S.

11. DallasMs

July 11, 2012 at 1:59 PM

@Sunnyside422
    Let it be known, I’m “Team Sean”. But I commented to my friend that he does NOT appear to be a good kisser! It’s not that he misses the mouth/lips…he just doesn’t have the skills. Arie does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for me, but I can tell…he’s got the kissing skills down. Jef? Meah. He looks like a little boy. But if you look at pictures of Ricky Hendrick….I see similarities.

Sean was my pick from a character, and maturity standpoint. But even though he was my fave…I have to admit…he IS a bit boring. In spite of the “I still live here” and “steamed armadillo” at hometown, he doesn’t come across very playful. I think he is by far more solid, but Emily’s smile when she’s with Jef is just radiant. When he was reading her that letter, I thought she’d split her face open she smiled so big. To each his own. It’s not lasting anyway!

12. awachspress

July 11, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Reality Steve,
    Is it true that Jef was her second pick?

13. bluegnu63

July 11, 2012 at 3:28 PM

So much has been made about Jef’s youthful looks, but at least he’s going to be one young-looking grandpa someday, LOL. Even with silver or white hair.;)

14. oliver12

July 11, 2012 at 4:46 PM

I heard on E! News tonight that one of the guys (Arie) leaves before the final rose ceremony because he can’t handle the pressure of what is going on and is not sure about the relationship, leaving Jef to win by default. Have you heard any rumors that this is true? Thanks!

15. karynr

July 11, 2012 at 4:53 PM

There have been rumors flying around the past few hours. One rumor is that one of the guys tells he he’s not ready to get engaged and leaves, and another one is that Emily can’t decide and pulls a Brad.

And it could all be hype to make it the MOST DRAMATIC FINALE EVER!

16. missie

July 11, 2012 at 6:45 PM

My guess from the previews is that Emily sends one guy home before the end, like Ali F did when she just had Roberto at the end. Her dad saying you cant love two people at once can mean to her, there has to be one that you actually love and not the other. But what do I know!!

17. jillbeau

July 11, 2012 at 7:37 PM

@LCS85,
    I definitely see your point! I did not read any blogs or anything either before finding RS. So I guess that I was opposite of you. I wasn’t aware that Ashley Spivey’s blog existed, Dana Weiss, etc before finding Reality Steve’s website and seeing comments regarding those blogs. I would just watch the show and be done with it. Now I’ve been introduced to this crazy world… 🙂

18. ccway

July 11, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Jellybug- I totally agree with you re Chris Harrison. I thought I was imagining it until I read comments that other people saw the same. Probably wrong but personally I think that would be an awesome ending. Although I do like Jef too. Was team Arie until she started questioning him and his answered led me to believe he isn’t quite ready to settle down. We will see…

19. rustypup

July 11, 2012 at 10:32 PM

This article made me lol because it states that Jeff is talking to the media, yada yada. So who knows if this most recent ‘spoiler’ is correct. I doubt it. If Jeff was her second choice, and they barely knew each other after a handful of dates, why would he in his right mind stay with her?

20. kasey31

July 11, 2012 at 11:35 PM

@liz123- just got home from a wedding.. yes, on a wed.. bc they wanted to get married on 7-11 at 7:11, not to be confused with the convenience store bc that’s what i thought she meant for the first couple of weeks..anyway, of course u would notice i spelled nazi wrong!!!! always trying to pick a fight with me.. LOL just kidding 😉

i was just trying to see if anyone picked up on it haha.. no, i just spelled it incorrectly.. it’s not that i am a spelling bee champ, and lord knows, i have many typos when i do comment.. but it’s the grammar that drives me nuts.. like one poster said the “their, or there,” instead of “they’re” little stuff like that.. shouldnt have said anything bc now i will get blasted for anything i might spell incorrectly.. and im way too lazy to double check..

21. kasey31

July 11, 2012 at 11:42 PM

ps.. she did stay with brad..she said she wanted to set a good example for ricki, but she also said she couldnt decline the time it would allow for them to be together off camera.. the camera didnt show her leaving at night or in the am.. but im thinking she did stay over and they probably just talked.. i also think that’s why she was so upset with brad at the atfr ceremony bc he said early on he knew it was emily he wanted to be with, but he still chose to stay with the other two women in the fantasy suites.. im thinking she was under the impression that it was only her.. OR she knew if she declined there’d be a chance he wouldnt pick her.. but this time, she is the one in control..

22. shelly44

July 12, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Its ok Steve, that you were a little late to write your summary.

I was entertained in the meantime by going to the Bachelor and Bachelorette Forums in the Arie thread. A user Kelso__ is having a meltdown!

23. bigfatwoman

July 12, 2012 at 8:34 AM

I really loved the diamond bird necklace Emily had on on Monday’s show…..so I did some research and found out about all 3 necklaces she was wearing at the end of the show:

Diamond bird : $4409
    Diamond chain links: $2200
    Ivory beaded necklace: $5000

I guess it’s very possible her wardrobe budget was over $300k. Yeesh!!

24. annanoor1975

July 12, 2012 at 8:49 AM

@cyndi Can you please add me back to the fb page. I had access but was away last week and now don’t have access. I requested to join the group again. I don’t post much here but read all of the comments . Thanks

25. iheartvino

July 12, 2012 at 8:58 AM

For those of you curious about Emily’s fashion and where you can buy what she wears on the show, check out this site:

@Kasey, I’m with you on the grammar issue!! My biggest pet peeve of all is when grown, well-educated adults mix up “you’re” and “your.” Is it really THAT hard to remember which is which? My favorite is when someone says “your stupid.” Umm…. REALLY?

26. JovisMom

July 12, 2012 at 9:13 AM

@ bigfatwoman

“Diamond bird : $4409
    Diamond chain links: $2200
    Ivory beaded necklace: $5000

I guess it’s very possible her wardrobe budget was over $300k. Yeesh!!”

YIKES!!! I loved that bird necklace too!! I’m sure you can find a knock off somewhere…You may want to try
    I didn’t see one when I looked yesterday but since that just aired they may have one in a few weeks.

27. annanoor1975

July 12, 2012 at 9:33 AM

thanks for the add Brandi to the facebook page. Since I am posting here, I already posted this on the fb page I thought I would ask

Sorry if this is a repost but the most burning question I have is how many people really believe that RS never paid for info? When it came out that he said he would pay those contestants and then MF got wind of it, RS admitted to it as it became public knowledge as there were emails and the contestants stated this. But how many contestants or people associated with the show may have been paid for spoilers and haven’t revealed this as it also puts them in a bind. I for one do not believe that RS never paid for spoilers. Why only start saying you offered to pay for spoilers this late in the game. He’s been spoiling since Jason/Molly/Melissa. I don’t post much here because RS does annoy me but I love reading your comments 🙂

28. kasey31

July 12, 2012 at 11:02 PM

@iheartvino- LOL.. that is probably the one that people mix up the most, YOURE so right : )… and technology doesnt help bc now people just write “ur stupid” but, yes.. if youre going to use those words in your statements, make sure youre using them correctly for your own sake ; ).. pleeease!