The Bachelorette 8 - Emily

The Bachelorette Recap, “Men Tell All” Details, and the Mike Fleiss Tweets

A lot of things to get to before the recap, which is substantially shorter than most recaps. Why? There just wasn’t much last night really. Three solo dates, no drama, and no overnight stays. Kinda boring. However, I do reference a few things that happened last week during the hometowns since it wasn’t covered. Basically on the flight home yesterday, I started to write the column and realized that I had no interest in writing 10 pages of stuff on an episode that happened now 7 days ago. I’ve always prided myself and my website on having a column up the next day, because people don’t want to wait around to read something they saw the night before. And I think in 9 years of writing this column, last week was only the 2nd time that I didn’t have a column up the next day. I would’ve if the large individual wasn’t in the middle seat on the flight out, but sh*t happens, and once I landed, I just never got around to writing it. My apologies.

Last week I mentioned that I had removed all the “Burning Love” videos from the site so that should be the end of the Crackle ads. Uhhhh, I was wrong. Apparently they’re still there. My webmaster is still trying to figure out what’s causing them and where they are coming from, but we’ve had no luck thus far. It is not a revenue ad, I don’t make any money off them, I have no idea where they originate from or how they’re appearing on my site. Kinda frustrating since I’ve gotten a few more emails in the last week saying they’re still around. Just know we’re doing our best to try and get rid of them but right now, we’re kinda clueless. I’m not the least bit technologically advanced when it comes to this stuff, and even when I googled Crackle, there isn’t much out there. So yes, I know they’re still occasionally appearing and just know we’re trying to fix it.

As for the “Men Tell All” taping from Sunday, there wasn’t much drama since it was pretty much ruined by the guys there tweeting pictures with Sean that he was the one eliminated last night, but here are some of the basics from the show that I’ve learned, along with some information WetPaint.com reported.

-The four guys called up in the hot seat were Kalon, Ryan, Sean, and Chris. Basically Kalon still walks around like his sh** doesn’t stink and he’s not well liked. Emily’s confrontation with him was quite tense, Kalon apologized, but she didn’t buy it. And neither did anyone else.

-The catfight being tweeted about was between Ryan and Chris. Neither of them like each other and went at it a bit. Chris called him out for not being there for the right reasons.

-When Chris was on the hot seat is when he cried, but admitted that his emotions on the show had a lot to do with the fact that he lost a good friend in a car accident shortly before he left for filming.

-There were a lot of jokes made during the taping regarding the silly “Emily and Chris Harrison are together” rumors. Kind of a running joke throughout the show.

-Sean and Emily had a civil talk and I guess she still never gave him a clear answer, but he did acknowledge her and handled it with class.

-Ryan claims he was misunderstood and a lot of the guys seemed to come to his defense. Not sure if that was all for show or if they really like the guy, but he seems to be over it all. And oh yeah, he tweeted last night that he was going to Boa in Hollywood because, you know, he wanted to make sure as many people joined him as possible. Definitely seems like Ryan has been bit by the bug, no doubt.

Once the previews for the finale aired at the end of last night’s show, I knew quite a few of you would be emailing me saying something to the effect of, “Are you sure your spoilers are right?,” or, “What’s with the previews? Doesn’t seem like Emily chose anybody,” or, “Looks like she’s gonna make her decision on the live AFR show.” If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it 1,000 times regarding this show. How many times do the previews for upcoming episodes have to lie or manipulate you before you stop believing what’s in them? Hell, it’s already happened three times this season. They’re showing you what they want you to see to cast doubt in your mind. I stand by the information I was given and what I said last Tuesday and that’s that Emily and Jef left Curacao as an engaged couple. Period. End of story. What they showed in the previews doesn’t concern me. They’re just hyping their finale, that’s all. What’s gonna happen on the live finale? No idea. I can’t predict the future. All I can tell is what’s already been filmed and that’s her getting engaged to Jef in Curacao.

Now, lets get to this Mike Fleiss twitter stuff. I’m sure plenty of you are aware of what he went on and on and on about tweeting yesterday. If not, there’s too much to copy and paste, so you’ll just have to go look for yourselves. My response, as it was yesterday, is I have no idea what he’s doing or what he’s talking about. Let the record be clear, I have not violated the settlement agreement, nor do I have any intention in doing so. I don’t need to. I continue to successfully spoil the show legally and he doesn’t seem to like it, so he tweeted incessantly about it on Saturday then again yesterday. I don’t know why he did it, I don’t know his motivations, and I don’t care. Let him continue to tweet as much as he wants, whatever he wants. All it’s doing is bringing more attention to my site, my spoilers, and the ruined ending of the show. Honestly, I’m shocked he’s taking that much time to acknowledge what’s out there, his thoughts on spoilers, and call me names, etc. No need to stoop to his level. He sent out over 30 tweets yesterday, responded to people calling him out, re-tweeted people in support of him, told one lady to go eat a salad, and I sent out one tweet saying I don’t know what he’s talking about. Yeah, I had some fun with him on Saturday, but it certainly wasn’t anything close to the level he attacked me for yesterday. I’m done with this back and forth stuff. It’s pointless. I have no idea what he’s talking about, so there’s nothing to address.

1. dlh72

July 10, 2012 at 5:27 PM

I am not sure what people see in this show.
    I bet she ends up with none of these guys in real life.
    Reality? This is the best fiction I have seen in a long time.

2. sandy

July 10, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Have you all forgotten that this show is fake and scripted? It’s just a TV show, not meant to be real.

I don’t see anything longterm lasting between Emily and Jef, he looks like a little boy, honestly, in his bathing suit he looked like my 15 year old nephew.

3. dlh72

July 10, 2012 at 5:45 PM

ps…But…Who does she pick? Umm …let’s see… that would be the guy with the most $$$ and that would most likely be Jef. And that won’t last either. He is just not father material.
    This is not love it’s nonsense.

4. nobody1

July 10, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Emily and Chris Harrison were just seen watching a movie together at Grauman’s in Hollywood. News at 11.

5. kat2

July 10, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Though I’m a huge Arie fan, I don’t think Emily is going to pick him, and of course according to Steve, whom we have no reason to doubt, she doesn’t: that became obvious after the hometown dates. Who could see Emily and Rikky fitting into Arie’s family? Next, on the one-on-one date, Arie reveals his life style. Who thinks that fits with Emily or Emily and Rikki? The problem Emily has is that she’s sexually attracted to Arie and I don’t blame her — I wouldn’t have trusted myself either. (Note that she dresses especially well when she’s with him.) The man is gorgeous! The scenes of him kissing Emily are movie worthy. I’ve only watched this season because I love watching Arie! My thoughts, that’s all.

6. liz123

July 10, 2012 at 6:33 PM

I agree (& anybody with half a brain does) that a lot of this is staged & somewhat scripted, but at the same time I do think it involves real feelings for some. Obviously it must or there wouldn’t be couples actually moving in together, dating long term, & a very few actually marrying. I mean, I don’t think they’re going to stage the rest of their lives to keep Fleiss’s franchise looking legit. That’s why I watch- for the off chance there might be a real love story and for the drama & weirdos. If you don’t think a love story is EVER possible & every last bit of it is fake & scripted, why even watch? There are much, much better scripted shows out there than this one.

7. cynderfish

July 10, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Absolutely the best recap I’ve read yet – roflmao
    Hysterical and right on the money AND now I can rest easy knowing that she does pic Jef. Last night I was like – get a room Arie and Em. Shes worried about setting a bad image for her daughter but yet she has cross stitched Arie’s tongue into a woven blanket since this thing started. Geezzzzz and for the record I don’t think Arie is all that and a bag of chips ladies. He has a funny mouth and his body is kind of gangly if you ask me. Anywho – carry on Steve.

8. georgiegirl

July 10, 2012 at 7:13 PM

@PaulaD – Johnny Bravo

9. My3girls

July 10, 2012 at 7:25 PM

@PaulaD I was thinking Woody Pecker and Astroboy

10. My3girls

July 10, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Johnny Bravo is better! :-). Just googled him because I had never heard of it.

11. aroseisarose

July 10, 2012 at 8:03 PM

I know that all involved (ABC, realitysteve, etc.) have been “politcally correct” by not going anywhere near the fundamentals of mormon religion, but for anyone who is familiar with it, would Emily be happy living this way ? Maybe Jef is no longer a practicing mormon, as this week on their date I saw 2 Corona type beer bottles with a lime set up behind them unless that was just a prop. The lemonade toast during the hometown tells it all. There is no liquour at the ranch. There would be some big changes for Emily (different beliefs, the white garment that all women have to wear under their tops, etc.) and they might put too much pressure on her to raise Ricki as a mormon. Not too sure this fits in with the lifestyle she has come to know or what her current beliefs may be.

12. grammacindy

July 10, 2012 at 8:34 PM

@aroseisarose-There are a lot of misconceptions about the LDS (also known as Mormon) religion. While most of Jef’s family may be practicing their religion, Jef is not. Many LDS families have members who choose not to practice and we still love them, they are free to make their own choices, and are still just as close with their families. Most of us do not believe in “putting pressure” on people to live our beliefs, free agency is one of our major principles that we believe in. Not all LDS people wear temple garments, only those who are active and have made certain commitments in one of our temples. Many people would find LDS people a lot more mainstream than were are often given credit for.

13. kasey31

July 10, 2012 at 8:42 PM

@nobody1- LOL

14. kasey31

July 10, 2012 at 8:44 PM

@liz123- if u dont like rs, then why do u keep coming to this site????? 😉 hehe..

15. kasey31

July 10, 2012 at 8:48 PM

one thing that had me cracking up last nite was watching em write emily +? in the sand..so cheesy.. but i thought it was even funnier when the water washed it away and just left emily’s name..even the ocean knows she isnt really going to end up with anyone.. or was abc trying to send us a subliminal message? trying to foreshadow events to come? like, emily picks no one? it was so silly.. im glad steve pointed that out..

16. carmondy

July 10, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Well, even though I have been an Arie fan from day 1, I do see more evidence of long term compatability between Emily & Jef. Maybe they have privately discussed their religious beliefs and think it won’t be a problem. I do think the Hendrick family might be livid if they thought Ricki would be raised as a Mormon.

17. carmondy

July 10, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Forgot to say, funny recap this week.

18. msquared

July 11, 2012 at 12:40 AM

I hope for two things after this season is over:

The first is that when Emily is finished with her precious “boy toy” that he isn’t devastated. He seems to be such a good guy and grounded, and way, way too good for Emily and her selfish ways. I sincerely hope he isn’t blinded enough to actually marry her.

And my second wish is that Emily will find the fame that she is seeking elsewhere…..I’m sure that a cable TV channel will give her some shot at something and she can play “dress up” and feel that she has finally found her calling. And she can justify all of the plastic surgeries that make her look like a plastic doll. This chick is about as dumb as a rock, and has as much personality and substance as a rock as well. Maybe she can be on a novella….she’s seriously trying out for a soap opera role and is too dumb to know that they’ve all been cancelled!

Bring someone fun to this farce of a show…..this has been so ridiculous!!!

19. FanofSteve

July 11, 2012 at 12:54 AM

I enjoyed Steve’s recap – especially the “letters.” C’mon people, lighten up! This show isn’t “reality” – who can honestly claim that they’ve fallen in love (vs in lust) with someone after having 1 or 2 one-on-one dates & a home visit?
    And are the bachelors/bachelorettes really so ignorant of the way they are manipulated that they don’t understand that this is all contrived?
    I have to admit that I had to turn away from the show several times last night (and caught better drama on Hell’s Kitchen) because I just couldn’t stomach Emily’s crying/sobbing.
    P.S. Does anyone else think that girl’s got a very unfortunate profile – shown during one of her crying jags? Huge forehead, oddly-pointy nose and a very, very weak chin.

20. FanofSteve

July 11, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Oh, also … has anyone else noticed that this is the first season in the entire Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise that Chris H. hasn’t uttered the words “the most controversial show *ever*!”?

21. nobody1

July 11, 2012 at 4:13 AM

@ Fanofsteve:

Maybe CH is bitter because Emily is making more cash in her clothing allowance than he is making for the entire season and refuses to utter the phrase.

22. sandy

July 11, 2012 at 4:31 AM

@msquared – I couldn’t have said it better myself. Well done!!

23. kms2515

July 11, 2012 at 5:18 AM

Can someone please link Brooke Sorenson’s facebook here. I try to search for it but just find a ton of fake ones and I’m not sure which is real. Thanks!

24. JovisMom

July 11, 2012 at 6:54 AM

@ KMS – look for a pic of a bride and groom. That is her’s I believe.

25. liz123

July 11, 2012 at 7:13 AM

I think this is the real Brooke Sorenson (at least it is the one with an album entitled “Sean and I”). I don’t really care that much about her, but I had to go look when Steve talked about that album. That is really weird considering that she’s now married to someone else!

26. liz123

July 11, 2012 at 7:34 AM

Okay, so, normally I think people are crazy who read WAY too much into things they see on this show, but Ashley Spivey mentioned something in her blog that I had to go back & look at. She said that when Emily is writing “Emily + ?” in the sand at the beginning of this episode that you can see a “1F” in the sand near where she’s writing. I went back & looked at the episode on abc.com just for sh*ts & giggles & sure enough, plain as day, there’s a “1F” in the sand to Emily’s left (above where she’s writing). Isn’t that odd? Especially if she chooses 1F Jef. Probably just a coincidence & I know, I know, I sound insane, but I didn’t have anything better to do online while I was eating my breakfast. Just thought that was kind of cool & wanted to share.

27. Sunnyside422

July 11, 2012 at 7:47 AM

For a very funny blogger, please read : jenfrase.blogspot.com. She is another RS…very entertaining each and every week. Went back to her previous week’s blogs to get more laughs.

28. liz123

July 11, 2012 at 7:58 AM

sunnyside422, yeah, I posted the link to Jen Frase’s blog earlier in this thread & originally got it from jazzmine who posted it a few weeks ago. She is HILARIOUS!!!

29. karynr

July 11, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Thanks to everyone who recommended jenfrase. I enjoyed her very funny recap

30. kasey31

July 11, 2012 at 8:02 AM

does anyone else think it’s weird that brooke sorenson’s interests on her fb are the bachelor/bachelorette and even a fan page of jake pavelka??

31. RTVlady

July 11, 2012 at 8:24 AM

So weird– half the pics in the album “Sean and I” (which is driving me grammatically crazy…it’s Sean and ME) aren’t of her and Sean– there’s some other guy in there, too, but the caps keep saying “Sean and I”. Just strange.

Great recap this week:)

32. kasey31

July 11, 2012 at 8:36 AM

@RTVlady- hahaha.. youre a grammar natzi, too? the “sean and i” album was killing me!!! sean and i at a party.. it was driving me crazy! “sean and me at a party!” dont u learn that in like 6th grade? u take out the other person so that the sentence still makes sense.. u wouldnt say “I at the party” LOL… thats hilarious that im not the only one that was annoyed by that..

33. liz123

July 11, 2012 at 8:45 AM

@kasey (aka grammar na*zi): didn’t you spell “nazi” incorrectly? LOL! Isn’t it spelled nazi not natzi?

34. angelfish

July 11, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Seems obvious Brooke has abandoned that FB page & account, since it hasn’t switched to the Timeline view like everybody elses….Plus, she never actually posted anything there herself. I imagine she has a REAL page for legit friends & family. Looks like the “Fauxbook” page was just created at the beginning of this year & not maintained or actually used. I imagine lots of folks in the public eye do that.

Despite all the heavy makeup, I thought Emily looked very pretty with her hair simply pulled back in a ponytail. Less is definitely more for her. I did feel bad for her when she REALLY seemed to be crying, before the rose ceremony….that almost hiccup kind where you can’t catch your breath. It seemed pretty genuine to me.

I’d kill to know what brand of waterproof mascara they use on her because DAMN, that stuff is good. No runs, drips or raccoon eyes all season so far.

35. JovisMom

July 11, 2012 at 9:04 AM

When consoling a grammer Nazi always say
    “There, Their, They’re” 😉

@ Kasey31 – Jake is from Flower Mound which is near Dallas (actually right by the airport and Jake was/is a pilot), maybe Brooke knows him personally?

36. andreinaglo

July 11, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Hi Steve, I usually don’t comment in websites but I needed to tell you how funny you are! I read your columns when ever I get the chance and always crack up. The column on their trip to Prague was hillarious that part where Sean goes after Emily hahaha sooo funny! Great writing!!!

37. karynr

July 11, 2012 at 9:21 AM

She wore a lot of cute outfits this week. I don’t like her pageant RC dresses, but a lot of the outfits are great. I love the maxi dresses and the vibrancy of some of the colors. There were two or three that I thought were a great choice. She has good taste in casual clothes, but not so much as far as evening formal wear. I don’t like all the sparkes. I would love to have a little screen pop-up telling me the price breakdown of each outfit, including accessories!

38. karynr

July 11, 2012 at 9:22 AM

sparkles 🙂

39. Kali

July 11, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I just read Fleiss’s comments on Twitter and I’m stunned at how immature his Tweets are – and those from people who “agree” with him. Most of them claim to stumble across spoiler sites “accidentally”. How is that possible? Either you go to a spoiler site or you don’t.

40. ds0305

July 11, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Haven’t posted in awhile and know I’m a bit late to the party (just watched the show last night). Some thoughts:
    1) I think we got more zoom-ins on Sean’s abs than his actual face–thanks ABC! 🙂
    2) I couldn’t help but feel like Emily was attempting to use some bizzare Yoda mind voodoo on Sean during their date to get him to drop the L-bomb. He’d be sitting there, trying to have a conversation and she’s just in his face, eye’s unblinking, practically willing him to say “Love”. When he finally does at dinner, it was all she cd do to not throw up her arms and do a touch-down dance!
    3) Are we really supposed to believe that Sean has the handwriting of a 15-yr old girl?? Definitely had someone proof and write that letter–there were practically hearts over the “i”s!
    4) I counted at least twice they showed Emily crying about Ari, that plus the whole “can’t trust myself w/him” thing’s gotta sting for Jef. Whose side is ABC on anyway? Oh, wait, nm…
    5) For those confusing looks w/actual age, I believe Jef is actually older than Emily by a year. But yes, he did look like a kid in his first pair of big-boy swimming shorts last night.
    6) Ari is cute, but graying. I don’t personally mind, but sorta surprised they didn’t ask him to dye it for the show and that no one’s commented.
    5) I know Cassie L and the gang are trying to give Arie as much face time as possible before he gets the Jimmy Choo boot in 2 wks, however, the video msg “bloopers” last night were a bad call–was I the only one inwardly cringing every time he said “merghh”?!?
    6) For the record: Sean wore sky-blue velveteen jeans to the rose ceremony. Shame on everyone for not commenting.
    7) Also, how has no one commented on the return of the Jessica Simpson-brand ponytail weave?!? It was *alllll* over the place last night during the post-rose ceremony nervous breakdown. I felt like I was at a tennis match, my eyes darting between her tears and the unraveling of her “Tangled” hair. I don’t understand how ABC drops a private college tuition on her wardrobe and then can’t manage to stop filming long enough to get her hairpiece in place….

Finally, on an only vaguely more serious note, I’ve been holding back most of the season b/c who really cares, but I’ve heard one too many comments re: how dumb Emily is. Let’s all get this straight, this girl may not be Harvard-bound, but she is no idiot. She has managed to propel herself from a teen pregnancy statistic to one of the most recognizable and reasonably well-liked people in America. Moreover, she’s done it without releasing a sex tape and/or sleeping around–for ppl calling her a gold digger I haven’t heard *one* story that she’s actually sleeping her way to the top, and I guess I don’t see what’s wrong with dating a lot of different people in the name of networking if you’re not sleeping with any of them. How is that any different than the many young men and women who go on match or eharmony or whatever to meet people and casually date? Many of those people do it for the fun, hookups and connections, with only a vague interest in/expectation of meeting someone for real. Yes, I think she’s got her eye on a prize, but it’s a more complicated prize than most want to admit. I do think she wants financial stability and fame, but I think she genuinely loves her daughter and wants both of those things as much for her sake as for her own reasons. Emily may not be a genius, but she’s smart enough to know what she’s working with and use it to provide for herself and her daughter–that doesn’t make her a wh*re, it makes her a single mom wanting to break into the television industry in an age where reality tv is the most accessible medium. Mark my words–if Emily Maynard plays her cards right, she’ll be the next Kelly Ripa, and I don’t think there’s any reason to fault her for that. Whether or not she and Jef are legit (I want to believe it, but track records make me doubt lasting love w/this show), he and every other person going on that show know what they’re getting themselves into. Jef seems like a sweetheart, but he’s a successful entrepeneur and also not a total moron. I don’t think playing it off like Emily’s some black widow is realistic–Jef knows what’s up. More than anything it seems like ppl are jealous that she’s not afraid to put her goods out there, while keeping her goodies locked up, if you know what I mean…

41. liz123

July 11, 2012 at 9:41 AM

@ds0305, I couldn’t agree with you more on your assessment of Emily.

This comment isn’t directed at anyone in particular, but several comments that I’ve noticed. Some of the same people that criticize Emily for being fake (fake hair, fake teeth, fake boobs, fake nose) will then go on to criticize the hell out of everyone’s appearance!! Hello?! Do you not see that you’re contributing to the need that people feel to be fake?! I swear to God, if Arie dyed his freaking gray hair, you’d all criticize him for being fake, but since he didn’t you criticize him for it being gray. I’d LOVE to see what some of you look like that you feel confident enough to criticize every little aspect of a person’s looks!

42. JovisMom

July 11, 2012 at 9:52 AM

I never even noticed Arie’s gray hair, may have to pay attention next time. I personally think gray hair on a man is sexy. My boyfriend has a few and I tell him not to dye it.

Emily is beautiful yes. However that pony tail (now the second time we see it) is horrible!! The blunt way it is cut makes it look fake! She’d be better off just putting her own hair up.

43. ds0305

July 11, 2012 at 9:54 AM

@liz123, thanks! i actually thought i was about to unleash the fires of hell with my pro-EM comments!

Also, realized I forgot to ask: was that the first helicopter ride we’ve seen all season (not counting Kalon’s douchetastic entrance)? If so, I’d say RS’s comments from last season definitely got inside MF’s head!

Annnnnd, wth was up with that “awesome” private island on Sean’s date??? From birds-eye view it looked like a barren acrew of sand floating around.

And finally, that “fantasy suite” with Sean was a joke. Pretty sure I stayed at a nicer holiday inn with about 14 of my gfs on a college spring break once.

44. Sunnyside422

July 11, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Interesting points DS!

I also think Arie comes off as a ditz…not too bright…one trick pony type. When at a loss for meaningful conversation, resorts to sucking her face. He obviously has had loads of practice in his chosen field…lover of many. I bet she was thinking about life with him and how far she could trust him once he was out of her sight range. For sure the track groopies have now increased in considerable numbers all wanting to get me some of that suck face.

And maybe someone has clued her in to the fact that Arie would not be on the show this far if not for Ms. Cassie’s intervention and her assurances he would be in the finals.

Also as to Sean…his constant squinting began to get to me. Only the right eye and it happened in and out of the sun. Also, his inability to find both of her lips when attempting a kiss made me cringe. Every attempt was to kiss (suck) her upper lip only! Wow Jef and Arie at least found her lips! Sorry Sean supporters. Still think he is a great guy with potential…just not edgy or interesting enough for me and apparently for Emily also.

Jef will be 28 on July 23rd. And yes, he is a sweetheart, genuine, confident, funny, quirky, sincere and absolutely adorable in every way. Will he and Emily last…who knows. They could be perfect for each other…or not. Won’t be wishing them any ill will…hope they make it.

45. alm4629

July 11, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Poor Sean. He seems like a really great guy! Honestly, to give Emily any sort of credit, I think she chose the final 2 between Jef and Arie because it would be easier for her to eliminate Arie. Think about it. If it was between Sean and Jef, her day would be ruined because she genuinely seemed to be head over heels for both of them. So i think its prefect that she chose to eliminate him now then to wait till the end. All Emily has with Arie is physical… with Jef they seem to be more natural and connected on a more deeper level. I like Jef. I think they will be a great fit! I have liked him from the very beginning 🙂

46. jazzmine

July 11, 2012 at 10:59 AM

ds0305 — I couldn’t agree with you MORE w/your comments on Em. For one – folks have also commented on her wanting a guy with $$. Well she is no fool. She has a sizable net worth. I don’t know if her assets are all in real estate, trusts or what — but why should she want a man who has less than her. Not saying that is right or wrong, but she is too young to have a husband be on her “payroll.” I’m sure she wants someone who can contribute. When a woman has a handsome portfolio she shoudl be concerned if a man may be more interested in that than in her.
    Re: Arie. So tired of his “merrrhh” in the out-takes. Guess you had to be there…. And he reminds me of a younger Rob Lowe; gangly body type and ashy coloring.

47. addicted2rs

July 11, 2012 at 11:34 AM

I think it’s hilarious that RS has MF in a tissy. I think MF had Chris Harrison insert himself so awkwardly about the Cassie/Arrie relationship because of the exposure RS gave the situation.

48. JovisMom

July 11, 2012 at 11:44 AM

FYI… According to RS this is not true but perezhilton.com just said she is going to be rejected… Here is what he wrote. Looks like she wanted Arie in the begining!! Maybe this is why RS was dragging his feet in telling us…

Holy Shiz! Poor Emily is going to get rejected!

An ABC show insider tells us she was on a date with one of her two remaining fellas (race car driver Arie Luyendyk Jr., OR entrepreneur Jef Holm) when she got the heartbreaking news.

Apparently:

“He said, ‘I don’t think we know each other nearly enough to even be entertaining this; I don’t think we should get engaged.”

That seems sensible to us — but Emily was DEVASTATED!

Our source claims “She was crying and begging him to reconsider.” We’re told she even told her date “You’re the one I want to pick!”

But that didn’t change his mind! Emily’s dream man walked off the show — and out of her life. Sadface!!!

The REAL twist: despite all that dramaz, Emily is now engaged to the other contender!

Guess all she really wanted was that ring! LOLZ

49. johannablue

July 11, 2012 at 12:06 PM

WOW!!!! Now that would be an interesting ending!!! I guess we’ll see!

50. Dianne

July 11, 2012 at 12:14 PM

If that girl doesn’t stop playing with her freaking hair, I will scream! I’m sorry to think she picks Jef..he so deserves so much better than plastic barbie. Arie..meh..I couldn’t care less. Barbie, take the freaking ring, and put it with all of your other worldly posessitions, and get ready for the next Bach Pad..geesh! She is a total trash bag.