Bachelor Pad 3

The “Bachelorette” Recap Including Sean’s Radio Interview, and What Will Happen Sunday Night?

-Now after 30 minutes of nothing, the guys are brought on stage. Randy, Aaron, Joe, Charlie, Stevie, Alessandro, Travis, Nate, Michael, Alejandro, Kalon, Ryan, Doug, John, Tony, Chris, and Sean. Now, what had me curious last night was this: When these guys all went in for their spray tan, did all 17 stand back-to-back-to-back in succession and the woman sprayed them all down at once, or did they each get their turn individually. To say there was a lot of orange up on that stage last night is an understatement. Maybe I’m just getting old but I don’t see the appeal in that whatsoever. I never even did it when I was in my 20’s. I can see where it’d be a big deal to women, but guys? Really? I’m not particularly tan, but I’m not pale either.
Whatever. To each their own. I just don’t get it.

-When talking as a group to the guys, Chris is called out on how he acted like a bitch all season. And hey, he actually admitted he was immature at times. At times? I hope his definition of “at times,” was “all season, including tonight.” I don’t know what Chris’ deal is but he’s wound pretty tight. As I told you last Tuesday, those emotions came from saying he’d lost a friend in a car accident right before he left for filming. Now that’s much more understandable. But I highly doubt two months after the fact why he’d even give a rat’s ass about what was said on that show to him or about him. Who cares? Lighten up guy. Laugh. Smile. Do a cartwheel. You’re becoming a giant buzzkill. Crazy to think that women were throwing themselves at him in the house.

-Props to John Wolfner for not backing away from that impeccable fashion sense on the show and having the balls to show up again on national television in light pink colored pants. I think it’s apparent if this guy ever wears any normal colored clothing from the waist down for the rest of his life, he’ll be called out for it. I wonder if he dressed like Rickie Fowler on the golf course? Has to. Or old school Payne Stewart. Sorry I just lost most of my reading audience with those golf references but had to get it in there. Kalon got called out by some of the other guys who asked him, “Who are some of your friends on this show?” and he named Tony and Chris. Gee, the two guys who had just been on “Bachelor Pad” with him. How convenient. Not surprising that Kalon was not well liked by the rest of the guys, and all the Bachelor Pad 3 contestants can defend this guy on Twitter all they want, they are probably not changing the public’s sentiment towards him. They’re already ripping Lindzi for liking this guy, and I don’t see it getting much better. I don’t see him being the Michelle Money of this BP season where he redeems his image. No way. I’d say he could’ve had a chance, but when he sent those tweets out about Emily, that was all shot to hell.

-So naturally, Kalon is up on the hot seat first to best describe to us how one becomes a douchetastic as he is. He claims that initially he did not know that Emily had a child, but before filming, was made well aware of it. He says he wasn’t sure if he wanted a stepchild, but he was willing to try, and people should give him credit for at least trying and not backing out the second he heard she had a kid. Trust us Kalon, we wouldn’t have thought any less of you if you never appeared on this show. However, since appearing on this show was all about TV exposure and getting your “brand” out there, which led to an appearance on “Bachelor Pad,” your plan worked to perfection. Don’t claim you went on the show to “give it a try,” you knew exactly what you were doing. You’d even made comments about Erica Rose in the past about her giving Houston a bad name, so it’s obvious there was already some built-in jealousy. I just don’t get why the guy can’t admit why he did the show in the first place, why he did “Bachelor Pad,” and be done with it. I think more people would respect his honesty if he’d just admit he did this to be on TV and get his name out there.

-He also didn’t think telling Emily in London to go away, or tell her to quit talking when he’s talking was even rude. Here’s the thing: If the guy knows all this and he’s just playing up a character, then that’s fine, but you can’t be upset by people who don’t like you or say nasty things about you on Twitter. You can’t have it both ways. If he’s really truly oblivious to all this, and he really doesn’t think he never did or said anything wrong during filming, then he’s not playing with a full deck and truly is as bad a person as he was made out to be on the show. There’s no way around it. He’s a guy that seems like he loves the attention he’s getting from the show, he eats it up every chance he can get, loved the opportunity of “Bachelor Pad” coming along, and will ride this thing out as long as he can, which will be until about a week or so after “Bachelor Pad” ends airing, the “Bachelor” begins filming again, and no one will care about him. Oh, I’m sure he’ll do appearances in Houston and at bars and show up at some reunions, but, I’d be shocked if anything happens with this guy in the media. Not a chance. He went the wrong route in trying to get discovered. Acting like a pompous ass can only get you so many $1-2k appearance fees at dive bars and clubs.

-Ryan was up in the hot seat next and I can’t for the life of me figure out what this guy is saying or doing at any moment. They talked about the borderline between confidence and arrogance and he gave his definition and I’m still confused. How come more time wasn’t spent on why he likes wearing chick tank tops and the hours he spends manscaping his face? I think I’m in the same boat as most people. I don’t know whether you can consider the guy charming or creepy? Sincere or totally fake? I do know the guy now has a publicist, so it’s kinda hard to take his word all that seriously anymore when he’s pimping himself out to TV shows so they can have him on for interviews (yes, that happened). Once again, if these people would just admit, “Yeah, I did kinda get bitten by the Hollywood bug when I was on the show. I wanna see where this can go,” people would respect them more. But when he sits up there with his perfectly shaven beard spouting off things and contradicting himself, it just looks terrible. For a guy that runs a training facility in Georgia for young athletes, he sure hasn’t spent much time there since March. And do you really want your kid training from a guy who was the backup gunner on special teams in the IFL? Really? Hell, I’ll train you for half that price.

-He also said on stage last night that going on the show “wasn’t about Emily, it was about me finding my wife.” Wait, huh? I mean, ummmm, HUH? See what I mean? They say he was a smooth talker and all that, but it seems to me he’s just kind of a bullsh***er. Then apparently he was going around telling other guys in the house “if it’s you and me in the end, and I don’t get picked, I’ll have a chance meet 25 women for me.” Ry Guy was in rare form last night. And honestly, he’s 1/100th the douche that Kalon is, and I don’t think Ryan is necessarily a bad person at all. Just seems a little misguided and has to realize just because he was on this show, he’s not nearly as important as he thinks he is. Yes, you will get attention from thousands of women now who didn’t have a clue who you were before. That’s a given. But that doesn’t make your level of importance or interest that much bigger. Seems to be what a lot of contestants have a hard time understanding. Seems like Ryan has a lost a little touch with reality since going on the show, however, because he seems to have a more solid foundation to fall back on, I think he’ll be alright. Unlike Kalon, who’s living in his own Prada-filled world.

-Chris’ turn in the hot seat and this is where he got emotional, said he loved Emily, he was heartbroken, blah blah blah. Just know they edited out the part where he talked about his friend dying in car accident shortly before filming began. And of course, no mention of the “Bachelor Pad” clip they showed earlier in the episode of him tonguing down three different women. And I highly doubt tonguing was the only thing they did. Lets just hope he wrapped up in that house. And there was really nothing else eventful about Chris in the hot seat since they never even showed him taking questions or comments from the other guys. I don’t know if it was edited out or if they really never had any of the guys say stuff to him while he was in the chair. Regardless, it was him watching his journey with Emily, him talking about it, then him plugging BP and it was over. See ya.

-Same goes for Sean. They showed his journey, he talked about how hard the breakup was but that all is good now, and that was that. Here’s what I’ll say about how Sean handled himself vs Chris, or sh**, anyone for that matter. You watch that last night, then you listen to that interview this morning on Kidd Kraddick, and you just kinda know Sean has a much better perspective on things than all the other guys do. Probably comes from his belief system and faith and all the credit to him for that, because I’m telling you, this show changes A LOT of people. A LOT. And not in a good way. I’m guessing that this didn’t change Sean one bit other than how he approaches and handles future relationships. I know a lot of you are clamoring for him to be the next “Bachelor,” and Fleiss loved egging it on with his tweets last night, but I’m telling you, it’s Roberto. Not saying I agree with it, and I’m not saying that Roberto will be better than Sean, but it seems to me that they couldn’t have a more better suited “Bachelor” for this show than Sean. Unfortunately, this show is more about ratings and smut than actually a love story and finding someone a wife/husband. I don’t know if this show could handle someone like Sean as the lead, because I doubt he’d put up with their nonsense. So no, Sean is not going to be the next “Bachelor.” ABC won’t make it official until they announce it at the live taping of the “Bachelor Pad” finale in September, but mark my words as I confirmed over a month ago, it’s going to be Roberto.

1. nobody1

July 18, 2012 at 3:21 PM

My wife works with a woman who thinks she is perfect. I’m not exactly why she thinks she’s perfect. She’s an alcoholic, has bad acne, is overweight, cusses like a sailor while claiming to be a christian, puts up with an abusive husband, takes money from his account without telling him to take her boyfriend out to lunch, etc etc etc.

But she thinks she is perfect……

Well damn, if thats perfect then I must be one of Jesus’ disciples.

2. nobody1

July 18, 2012 at 3:22 PM

not exactly sure… please don’t crucify, grammar Nazi.

3. wisewords

July 18, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Responding to previous comments on my comment about the “be naughty dot com” takeover ad after page 3 of RealitySteve:
    (1) RS *does* make money on his ads. He has said so.
    (2) I shouldn’t have to get a “better browser” just to combat the crap ware that is running behind this website.
    (3) And–if you read carefully you’ll note this happens on an android phone (new model within the last year). If you know of a “better browser” that works on an android phone AND you have tested it both before and after, then let me know what browser that is.

4. jessica13

July 18, 2012 at 4:25 PM

kasey – i highly doubt the people bashing emily are men.

i couldn’t agree with you more, brady. i seriously don’t see how people can be so critical of emily. as women, we should stand up for each other, not rip one another to shreds. even if emily has cosmetic surgery…SO WHAT? we all face pressure to look a certain way so if ANYTHING…you should feel empathetic towards her, and bad that she felt she had to go to those lengths!

ps. iheartvino, i’d rather have poor grammar than be ugly 🙂 just sayin’.

5. rollingeyes

July 18, 2012 at 4:32 PM

@jessica13…..is that your age? Sounds like it. Just sayin’. 🙂

6. iheartvino

July 18, 2012 at 4:50 PM

@Jessica, I’m no Emily Maynard (for those who are into the whole plastic barbie look) but I’m no ugly duckling either. And actually, I think I’d rather be ugly than have bad grammar. Then at least no one would assume I was an idiot for not knowing the difference between “your” and “you’re,” and “they’re” and “their.” Just sayin’.

7. cammie99

July 18, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Jessica said: “………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..you should feel empathetic towards her, and bad that she felt she had to go to those lengths!”

Emily is gorgeous, rich, famous, on television, and seems not to have a care in the world, yet WE should all feel empathetic and bad for her? Um, ok. Where’s the “Donate to Emily” button when you need it? I sure want to be first in line to offer my financial contribution toward future cosmetic procedures to further boost her self esteem.

Just sayin…

P.S. I am loving how y’all are calling all these gorgeous ladies “ugly”. If you only knew!

8. AJ13

July 18, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Time to address some of the aforementioned comments:

I am a male in my late twenties, and I don’t find Emily very attractive at all, except for the fact that she has a killer body (artificially enhanced, remember). Her forehead is too big for her face, her hair is bleached to all hell, her teeth are too big and unnaturally white, and her face is so full of botox that she has ZERO facial expressions, she is not very well-spoken and finally, she has the personality of a brick wall. I have absolutely zero attraction to her. Emily O’Brien from Ben’s season is exponentially more attractive and appealing to me.

9. jessica13

July 18, 2012 at 8:31 PM

well, different people are attracted to different things…makes the world go ’round i suppose.

nope, i’m not 13. 24, actually.

who found out michael chan is embarrassed? that’s pretty funny. what are the details on that? lol

10. jessica13

July 18, 2012 at 8:33 PM

oops…matthew chan

11. kasey31

July 18, 2012 at 9:49 PM

@brady- i’m ugly? that’s the best u could come up with? ouch, that really hurts coming from some random thing hiding behind a computer..and, btw, i actually do know that nobody1 is a man.. so, no, “your” more stupider than the stupidest!!!! lol..

@iheartvino, @jovismom, @karynr, @liz123, @cammie and anyone else i might have left out.. wow, thanks so much for defending me.. “youre” (hehe) opinions of me are those that i actually care about bc ive had the pleasure of getting to know u all.. some of the sweetest, funniest, most wonderful, and classiest ladies around.. i would defend u as if we had been friends forever, as well.. “your” truly the best xoxo

one more thing, miss brady- i could care less that u called me ugly.. there are many other attributes i consider far more important than my appearance.. apparently, that seems to be all u care about.. i thank god everyday that i dont have hatred like u do.. u might “think” im ugly on the outside (although u have no idea what i actually look like), but i can guarantee u that my heart and the hearts of all the girls i named above are far more beautiful than yours will ever be..

12. rustypup

July 18, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Thanks cammie99 for posting that link. I’ve been with this site for awhile now, but I never post any comments because some of the people here really are just so rude. What happened to common courtesy, politeness and respect? Anyone know what I mean? I’ve gone back to just reading Steve’s posts and this is the first time in a long time I read the comments and I read people calling each other basically ugly and stupid? Some people should be ashamed of themselves for the way they act.

13. kasey31

July 18, 2012 at 10:01 PM

@jessica13.. what i said to brady applies to u as well.. never once did i say emily was ugly.. i dont know why im being called ugly all of a sudden, but ok? u think im ugly, well that just sucks considering all of my self-esteem was based purely on what u think i look like.. thanks a lot.

14. kasey31

July 18, 2012 at 10:02 PM

@nobody1- yes, i did get a kick out of that comment ; ) “your one of the ugly ones” lol..

15. kasey31

July 18, 2012 at 10:06 PM

@rustypup- i agree.. and if u go back and read any of my other comments, i am ALWAYS the one trying to mediate and remind people to be respectful.. i dont think ive ever disrespected anyone on this site.. it’s a shame that people have to go below the belt with some of these comments.. its sad, really.. and im sorry if i offended u in my reply.. but at some point, i need to stick up for myself..

16. kasey31

July 18, 2012 at 10:59 PM

*i COULDNT care less ; )

oh, and apparently im commenting too fast.. hate these stupid pop-ups!!!

17. liz123

July 19, 2012 at 4:25 AM

@kasey, I heart you! You don’t need us- you’re doing just fine defending yourself! For the record, kasey is FAR from ugly so you’re insult is truly meaningless!!!

18. liz123

July 19, 2012 at 4:27 AM

*”you’re” insult…. For those of you that wouldn’t see the sarcasm without the quotes. Hahaha!!!

19. rustypup

July 19, 2012 at 5:03 AM

There is witty sarcasm, then there is Critical sarcasm that could be harshly construed.

20. liz123

July 19, 2012 at 5:09 AM

Umm, I kind of meant it to be “harshly construed” after she called my friend ugly for no apparent reason. Kasey is always the nicest one here & didn’t deserve that.

21. Dianne

July 19, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Wow, has this site ever turned into a hate and retaliate board. People calling other people “ugly” etc. So sad..it used to be such a fun place to post comments about what Steve has to say about the Bachelor/Bachelorette, but it looks like those days are long gone.

22. brady6

July 19, 2012 at 9:16 AM

YAWN….. ha ha ha

23. kasey31

July 19, 2012 at 12:23 PM

@liz123- i heart you too! : )

@diane- it still is.. im just surprised i got caught up in the mix..im usually the person that tries to stay out of the drama and change the subject by talking about hair or something haha..

24. kasey31

July 19, 2012 at 12:24 PM

*changes

25. marta1

July 22, 2012 at 6:37 AM

Just disgusting, how Emily can be so stupid and think she can love more than one man in few weeks, she is as piece of meat waiting for somebody to grab it. To me this is filthy show

26. thatgirl

July 22, 2012 at 5:06 PM

she looks amazing like texas barbie, but i have a feeling theres alot of built up depression. thers so much more of her that the camera doesnt show…and i wanna see it