Dr. Reality Steve

“Reader Emails,” “Dr. Reality Steve,” & US Weekly Working Their Magic

Ahhh yes. Yesterday was Tabloid Wednesday. And even after the season ends, the stories still come. I’m sure plenty of you either saw the US Weekly magazine yourself, or read what the cover story is this week. They’re claiming Emily cheated on Jef by sexting another dude, Jef looked at her phone this past Sunday night, freaked out, and she left crying and he’s gonna leave her. Whatever. As I said yesterday on Twitter, I honestly don’t care about these two anymore. They are yesterday’s news in my mind. When/if they break up, we’ll all know about it, then I’ll talk about them. I’m on to the next season of the “Bachelor” already. I don’t need to comment on a bunch of speculation that US Weekly is running with. I have no idea if it’s true or not. Nor do I care. US Weekly was right about absolutely nothing during Emily’s season, constantly giving wrong information, so that should speak volumes right there.

Here’s all I will say about it: The story is so unprovable, it’s ridiculous. It’s exactly why they wrote it. Look, unless you actually have the texts you claim Emily had in her phone, or, you have the name, picture, info on the guy in question who she was allegedly sexting with, it’s not a story. They were right on the Kristen Stewart story because they had proof. Clearly they had pictures of her and that director caught in the act. This story is nothing but hearsay. All US Weekly needs is someone to call or email their tip line and say, “I heard this weekend in South Carolina, Jef looked at Emily’s phone and saw she was sexting a guy, he got pissed, she left crying, and now he wants out” and that’s good enough for them. They add a few embellishments and they can run with that because someone told them, so they just say “sources are telling us…” Emily and Jef released a statement yesterday saying the story is “100% false,” that they couldn’t be happier, and Jef is currently in Charlotte looking at apartments because he plans on moving there next month. Great. Wake me when something interesting happens between those two.

The “Bachelor Pad” finale tapes Sunday. I will have your spoilers posted as soon as I get them.

No live video blog tonight. On a plane to California in a couple hours where I’ll be studying my ass off for my fantasy draft come Sunday. I’m sure whoever I draft will snap their fibula in Week 1, or will have their ACL come flying out of their knee early in the season. Or, they’ll just flat out suck all year like my two starting receivers last season, Dez Bryant and Mike Williams, neither of which had a 100yd receiving game all of last season. Nice job, a-holes. So yeah, that’s pretty much what I’ll be up to this weekend, along with seeing the boys Saturday night in Manhattan Beach, and taking Olivia and Nicholas to school the first day of school on Monday. Have a good weekend and enjoy this weeks giant email bag of goodies.

Page 1 of 612345...Last »

1. DawsMA

August 23, 2012 at 8:00 AM

Please tell me no one, especially Steve, thinks the trio cheating emails is legit. There is no way all three of these people would all just happen to decide to seek the advice of a reality show columnist, all within 15 minutes of one another at that. Give me a break! Did I miss the part where he said they are obviously made up?

2. quesara

August 23, 2012 at 8:50 AM

I totally agree, DawsMA !!! Steve cannot be so gullible to think they are legit, just because he emailed them all back and they gave hime 3 different names? Please.

3. bachette182

August 23, 2012 at 8:55 AM

The person that sent those three similar emails could have easily given false info to Steve to make it seem like three different people. There is just no way they aren’t related. Who even bothers to do something like that?

4. ghostly

August 23, 2012 at 9:04 AM

I don’t buy the three “coincidental” emails, either. Not for a second.

RS, you may have just inspired me to download Insanity. As for the Asylum part…heh…maybe in six months.

5. karynr

August 23, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Jef’s brother confirmed the rumors are true. So, any bets on whether it’s just a fight, or is a break-up right around the corner? And if she was sexting another man, shame on her. I wasn’t thrilled she was the Bachelorette, but warmed up to her a little, and certainly wanted 1F to get the F1. Why am I beginning to think Emily is going to be someone who goes through multiple relationships and marriages in her lifetime??!!

6. laney2012

August 23, 2012 at 10:09 AM

My comments on today’s blog (and I have quite a few!):

1. Rachel – really? You think she’s the most attractive girl this season? That shocks me. I will give credit where it’s due, and I have no reluctance in pointing out pretty women, but I do not find Rachel attractive AT ALL. She, Jaclyn, and Erica are the most UNattractive women on the show. What is the appeal with Rachel?

2. Steve, you got owned by those 3 Dr. RS emails. Come on now, you had to know they were interrelated. I would even bet they came from a certain someone who has been known to stir up drama here and elsewhere.

3. The Dr. RS email where the girl was planning to fly to ATL to see her boyfriend and he texted and told her not to come – it then says she emailed him and said something to the effect of “she understands, she wants to be there for him as friends, etc”. To that girl I would like to say – stop making yourself look like a fool! The guy is definitely seeing someone else, he doesn’t want to see you, so spare yourself the ultimate humiliation of flying to ATL to “surprise” him. You might find yourself surprised when you arrive at the hotel to find that he is not alone.

4. I, too, am going to check out this Insanity workout. Never heard of it before today, but I’ll give it a looksie.

5. Karyn, you said 1F’s brother confirmed the Emily story – can you provide a link?

Last but not least, would like to say hi to my friends Liz, Kasey, and IHeart – hope you ladies are doing well! <3

7. punka

August 23, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Jef just posted on his twitter 2 hours ago:

@jefholm It’s crazy what people will do, even family members, to see their name in a magazine.

Willing to bet that his bro got paid well for that quote. And that he is not pleased with his bro at all.

I think there is some truthiness to teh rumor though. But I also think they they will get through it. Blame is on Em if true, and makes her look bad.

8. karynr

August 23, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Here’s a link to one of the articles:

I guess time will tell what really happened. If the brother really did go to the tabloids with the story, what a jerk.

laney, I agree with you about Rachel. I think she’s attractive, but her personality (or lack of), choice of friends and appearance take away from the prettiness. She doesn’t come across as someone with much class, and when she hangs around Jaclyn, she becomes downright ugly. She reminds me of a high-schooler who wants to hang with the popular kids, and follows their behavior and actions to fit in.

9. iheartvino

August 23, 2012 at 11:08 AM

I have several friends doing the Insanity workout and they all are seeing great results. I think I need to get myself back in shape before trying it though, or I may not make it past day one.

@Laney- hope you are doing well. 🙂

10. maxi

August 23, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Omg, does Steve really believe there is a chance in hell those three emails were NOT the same person?????? God, I’m embarrassed for him.

11. punka

August 23, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Rachel is gorgeous. but only when she pulls her hair back, or sweeps the part to teh side. The bangs look makes her look not as good. Does not justice for her facila features at all. BUt when swept back or over, she is stunning. Truly.

As for workouts, Insanity is legit. Expect to work hard. Get you lean and ripped. If you want more mass, got with P90X. Both are from the same ompany, but different trainers. I personally am on week 4 of P90x for hte 2nd time around. Works nicely.

I give Emily and Jef until the holidays.

12. heliofan

August 23, 2012 at 11:56 AM

He has got to be just playing along with those 3 emails. Gives people a reason to talk and come back to see others reactions. I can’t imagine anyone would buy that those are real.

13. heliofan

August 23, 2012 at 11:57 AM

*other’s*

14. heliofan

August 23, 2012 at 12:01 PM

…..or *others’* I don’t know my brain’s not in grammer mode today.

15. bachfan101

August 23, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Steve got punked. Those 3 emails are definitely all from the same person or people messing with him. Come on Steve, wake up and smell the BS!

Rachel is not attractive at all. Eww.

16. oyoung1117

August 23, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Rachel has striking blue eyes, a perfect nose, and while the bangs are nice, I think she could use a change. There is nothing not pretty about her. She is a very attractive girl. I really hate when other women hate on women out of jealousy. It is so obvious.

17. absolem

August 23, 2012 at 12:52 PM

As far as those 3 emails, come on. There’s no such thing as a coincidence. They are at least they are very, very rare IMO especially when they are this blatant.

Also, I find Rachel quite attractive in a rough-around-the-edges sort of way. I’d go for her for sure. She’s much better than Jaclyn or Jamie or well anyone on this season. I used to like Sarah, but she fell off my attractive list when she fell for Chris. Yuck.

18. laney2012

August 23, 2012 at 1:02 PM

@oyoung, you ass, I CLEARLY said I give credit where it’s due, but here, it’s not due. My comment did not stem from jealousy.

I really hate when other people hate on my comments out of stupidity and/or lack of reading ability. It is so obvious.

Moron.

19. Sunnyside422

August 23, 2012 at 1:06 PM

How sad if Jef’s brother decided to rat out his popular and attractive younger brother. Remember Mike was the chubby one with the hat who did zero talking on camera. Sisters Michelle and Julie were cute as was dark haired sister-in-law Jaime who actually submitted his application for the show.

Jef seems like a very decent person and the rest of his family as well. I really don’t believe Emily would be stupid enough to engage in such nonsense with another man. But I suppose time will tell.

And if indeed they end their relationship, wanna bet Jef will be pursued hard for next bachelor…after Roberto.

Please no Sean as bachelor. Watching him kiss was so unappetizing. When did he forget that a woman has two lips on her face and sucking the upper lip, nose to nose was appealing!? Ugh. I actually could not look at him when he kept that right eye squint going either. Never thought he was attractive, but seems nice enough…in a bland way. When he wore that tight white shirt the night he was eliminated, I was just waiting for the thing to rip open ala The Hulk. Guess I’m just not into people who spend 90% of their time in a gym!

20. ironside

August 23, 2012 at 2:48 PM

As someone who likes Bachelor Pad for being an absolute skank show, I won’t be surprised if ABC pulls the plug on this show. The whole inclusion of fans was dumb, but I really don’t think that Fleiss had any strategy in doing that. What I believe is that he just couldn’t find enough Bachelor/Bachelorette aulmni willing to go on the show and make a$$e$ out of themselves for $750 bucks an episode. So what other coice did Fleiss have? He had to come up with something to fill out the roster. Why not take applications from “fans”, you know people whose applications were previously rejected from the Bachelor/Bachelorette.

In my opinion, it won’t be ratings that bring down Bachelor Pad, hey it’s summer. It will be that after three seasons of watching this show, only a completely foolish media whore would go on this show. Too bad.

It’s… S-K-A-N-K-T-A-S-T-I-C ! ! !

21. dmb2012

August 23, 2012 at 4:22 PM

I thought this article summed up the Emily drama pretty well. It also threw in a pic of Jef w/ the Hendrick’s

I seriously wonder how true any of the questions asked to Dr. RS are..

Are any girls currently doing Insanity? I feel like it might make a female look a bit too muscle-y … but I’m sure it looks better than fat lol

22. punka

August 23, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Hey Laney, apology is in order. The name calling was juvenile. Nowhere in oyoungs posts did I see her call you out or anyone else out by name, yet you took it personally, and made it personal, which is bush league. Hit too close to home or what?

Seriously, not sure where that thin skin came from but it was a patheitc display of Erica Rose proportions. Good job.

23. debora123

August 23, 2012 at 4:42 PM

^Agreed.

24. karynr

August 23, 2012 at 5:39 PM

So, Jef’s brother is talking to the media and causing a real sh**storm. What a nice guy. NOT. IF it’s even true.

I would never want to live my life in the public eye. Everything is put under a microscope and beaten to death by the media. What a lousy way to live. I realize they knew damn well what they were getting themselves into, but it has to be such a frustrating way to live. JMO.

25. canpov

August 23, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I think the girl needs to go to Atlanta…..she can’t get a refund anyway. When she gets there and sees he’s with someone else, he gets caught by the new fling, and she can have the answer to the ‘why’ he’s deleted her from FB.
    While its painfully obvious to us, sometimes you just need to see it to believe it!

26. laney2012

August 23, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Hey Punka, keep holding out for that apology, k?

@Debora, you might think my post was juvenile, but I think it’s awfully silly to apologize to someone who called you a whore. Just sayin….

27. kasey31

August 23, 2012 at 10:28 PM

well i for one am getting so tired of the lame drama on bp this season, totally over it.. rachel and nik can win their money and move on with their lives, hopefully that will be the last we see of them- all of them!

only about a month away now from the real drama.. revenge! seriously cant wait.. and anyone else who hasnt seen it yet, u still have a month to get caught up! watch it, i promise u wont regret it ; )

28. iheartvino

August 23, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Yes people, if you’re not a Revenge fan, you are missing out!! @Kasey, I can’t wait for Sept.30. It’s just around the corner!

29. kasey31

August 23, 2012 at 10:57 PM

i know!!! who really died?? that is the million dollar question..

30. randais

August 24, 2012 at 3:31 AM

@Kasey & Iheart – now you’re talking! Bring it on. Revenge, a show with substance and entertainment value. They can’t end BP soon enough in my opinion but at least Stars Earn Stripes is a viable option for 1/2 of this train wreck, Monday nights. Trashelor Pad just needs to be taken out and left at the curb for the garbage collectors to dispose of, the sooner the better.

31. kasey31

August 24, 2012 at 7:53 AM

@randais- couldnt agree more.. i miss nolan! i rewatched the last episode again just bc, and i got goosebumps.. “let it play.” cant waaait!!!

btw, i thought someone said stars earn stripes got cancelled?

32. nobody1

August 24, 2012 at 8:22 AM

A male perspective here. I know no one asked for it, but I don’t give a shit.

Rachel – attractive, but not drop dead gorgeous. I would put her in the “I wouldn’t kick her out of bed” class.

Lindzi – used to think she was hot, but she looks like an alien in her BP bio at abc.com. Check it out if you don’t believe me.

Blakley – this woman is smokin’ ass hot to the max. HOWEVER…. she’s also a skank on the same level as the trailer trash queen herself, Tonya Harding. I would never dare sleep with her for fear of catching any number of life threatening STD’s. Not to mention, I couldn’t live with someone I feared would slit my throat at any given moment.

The rest of the women on the show are unremarkable.

The Emily story – I feel its absolutely true. Why? Does anyone in their right mind feel a woman like Ms Gold Digger Em is really attracted to that little dweeb when she could have her pick of practically any man on the entire east coast? Not a chance. The relationship is fake, and will end as soon as the contract expires. They have no choice but to deny the rumors until then.

33. jessica13

August 24, 2012 at 8:27 AM

ghostly — where can you download the insanity workouts? love to know…

also – totally agree about the advice e-mails…there’s no way they are legit! i can’t believe steve wasted his time….

so shocked by this emily/jef scandal. my husband says he’s not surprised at all. how could she play so innocent and come down so hard on the guys (e.g. kalon) if she were this kind of person?…man

34. randais

August 24, 2012 at 8:57 AM

@Kasey – Stars Earn Stripes is NOT cancelled. You may have seen where someone said they thought that the show “3” got cancelled (another really GREAT show btw). I don’t know for sure if 3 did get cancelled or not because I’ve been watching it online but it’s such a more realistic and enjoyable dating show as opposed to the bach/ette series. Check Stars out next week if you get a chance or look for it on line and see what you think.

35. JovisMom

August 24, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Hey all!!! Hope everyone has been well!! Few things, I saw the DVD of Revenge is coming out soon so those who want to see what the fuss is all about before the season starts there’s your chance!!! Also I have a friend that is doing INSANITY, it is very hard!!! It make you use your own body weight where P90X you use weights, and different tools. I am not even watching BP. To much craziness!!! Can’t weight for RS to start to spoil the new Bach!!!

36. jillbeau

August 24, 2012 at 1:34 PM

@Nobody1, I just checked out Lindzi’s photo and I agree that it’s definitely not the best picture she’s taken. I’ve always thought she looked kind of odd but I don’t know exactly what it is that makes me feel that way.

Also, speaking of pics/bios on ABC.com…they have Blakeley listed as being 28…wasn’t she 34 on Ben’s season?

37. karynr

August 24, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Never go into Revenge, but I think Grey’s starts in a few weeks! I’m going to have to watch the finale from last season again. I’ll make sure the kleenex is nearby!

38. bigfatwoman

August 24, 2012 at 7:43 PM

I agree with Steve – Rachel is beautiful.

I hope the Emily/Jef stories are false or I’m crushed.

Insanity is an excellent workout and will NOT build bulky muscles as one poster asked (I’m a personal trainer with my own studio, so I know these things).

39. lcs85

August 24, 2012 at 8:05 PM

@jillbeau Yeah, you can even go over to her bio on the Bachelor page and it says she is 34.

No way is she 28. That would means when she started working at Hooters she was no older then 15. I’m pretty sure you have to be 18 to work there, so 34 sounds about right.

40. iheartvino

August 24, 2012 at 9:20 PM

@karyn, I love Grey’s! I was angry at Shondra Rhimes for days after seeing the finale. 🙁 You will for sure need a box of Kleenex after watching that, even a second or third time.

41. iheartvino

August 24, 2012 at 9:20 PM

*Shonda not Shondra

42. debora123

August 25, 2012 at 5:11 AM

@bigfatwoman…

Is there some sort of different version of Insanity that DOES build bulky muscles? Maybe created by the same people or something?

43. kasey31

August 25, 2012 at 7:34 AM

@randais- thanks! i will definitely check it out then ; )

@bigfatwoman- haha.. idk if you were being serious or not, but your comments always make me smile!

44. bigfatwoman

August 25, 2012 at 10:01 AM

kasey~

No, I was serious on all accounts. I DO think Rachel is beautiful, I AM rooting for Emily and Jef….and I AM a personal trainer.

@debora123 — I do not know of any Beach Body workouts (the producers of P90x, Insanity, etc.) that make big bulky muscles. Women need not be afraid of weights. If you want to be safe, go light and increase the reps.

Also, as an alternative to buying any of these DVD’s/videos…you can always go to BodyRock.tv — their workouts are free (or you can buy some of the equipment they use) and are great for those short on time. It’s 12 intense minutes.

45. lm1776

August 25, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Does anyone remember the Dr. Reality Steve question a few weeks ago that was that exact same story as the three “random” emails? It was from the girl who was just a friend from college and the exact same story… her sister and bro-in-law even called the fiance. Am I going crazy here? Now I’m going to have to try to go find this!

46. FanofSteve

August 25, 2012 at 9:25 PM

@nobody1, you think Blakely is “smokin’ ass hot to the max”? Holy sneering-mouth/horse-teeth! Ewww.

Well, it doesn’t really matter because BP3 is so obviously Fleissified (<— also known as falsified) what with the "surprise" twist that saved Chris, that it really isn't worth watching. It's just no fun when you know the Bachelor-Gods are manipulating everything to do with the show. It's a big eff-you to the audience, and I'm happy to return the compliment.

47. karynr

August 26, 2012 at 8:55 AM

FanofSteve, I’m with you all the way on the “Fleissified” situation. It’s a big bunch of bullsh**t and pisses me off.

nobody, I think Blakely is very striking. She has also carried herself with a lot more class, maturity and dignity than just about anyone else in the house, with the exception of Tony (and Michael, most of the time). People make fun of her becasue of her background, the ugly edit on the Bach and the fact she has an aggressive personality. According to Stag’s recap she is a really decent person. She certainly hasn’t proven herself to be anything like the low caliber women on this season of BP.

All together now….F**K YOU FLEISS too! You are a big sh**load of scum under that wealty, powerful facade .

48. nobody1

August 26, 2012 at 5:44 PM

@Fanofsteve:

YES, Blakely is damn good looking. In fact she makes Emily look a homely stepchild. Didn’t say I wanted to shack up with her, though.

FOS, are you a man or a woman? I ask because a woman would naturally think Blakely wasn’t attractive.

49. shouldbeworking

August 26, 2012 at 7:06 PM

@Im1776….You’re not going crazy !! I know I saw something similar too. I just thought I was psychic ..lol

50. karri

August 27, 2012 at 10:53 AM

I have a few random thoughts/comments after reading the post and comments.

1. I think Rachel is pretty, but not the most attractive or least attractive in the house. I think Blakeley is gorgeous, but her personality is a little overwhelming. Emily is beautiful & if I could look like anyone, it would be her (or carrie underwood).

2. I am a female. 27 years old. I bought Insanity last summer after the first commercial I saw and I have to say it is by far the best workout I have ever done. It is tough and I usually have to take a few breaks during each workout, but every time I start it, I can see results as quickly as day 4. I’m starting it again tonight & I am so excited. It won’t make you bulky, but will give you definition. & Shaun T is not bad to look at 😉

3. Jef & Emily story – I think its semi true. I think that she was texting Matt Leinart, but I don’t believe she is out having an affair & cheating on Jef with him. My guess is that they were texting & flirting and Jef found out. They fought about it, Mike (Jef’s bro) overheard and went to the tabloids. Jef & Emily made up and got over it by the time it came out in the tabloids. Things will be fine in a week when everyone is talking about Snooki’s baby instead.

4. Revenge = BEST SHOW EVER! If you don’t watch it, the first season is on Amazon.com for like $27. get it.