Bachelor Pad 3

“Bachelor Pad” Finale Spoilers

The “Bachelor Pad” finale taped last night in LA. I will give you the spoilers to that in a bit, but obviously since I last wrote Thursday morning, obviously some news came forward regarding the Emily and Jef relationship. When I posted Thursday morning, I said it was a non-story because US Weekly had no pictures, no text messages, nor did they have anyone on record confirming the story. So if you read what I wrote (which some of you obviously didn’t), I specifically said “Wake me when something interesting happens between those two.” Well, that happened about two hours after I posted when Jef’s brother Mike went on record and confirmed the story to US Weekly. Obviously, the Jemily fans freaked out, saying he was an opportunist, he sold out his brother, blah blah blah because they don’t think anything could possibly be wrong with their favorite couple. After getting more information over the weekend, this is what I’m hearing: Mike was NOT paid to confirm the story to US Weekly, which immediately shoots down the crazies who were saying, “Well of course he confirmed it. They paid him!” I’m hearing they didn’t. Also, US Weekly is not letting this story go. You don’t run a “cheating” story on the front page of your magazine if you didn’t have solid proof. Now their definition of “cheating” in this instance is different than the Stewart/Pattinson and Rimes/Cibrian cheating scandals they broke, but, what they’re essentially saying is “Emily and Jef are engaged and we’ve been made aware of sexts she was sending and receiving from another guy.” So that’s the “cheating” they’re referencing in this instance. US Weekly might be 75% garbage, but name me one cheating scandal that they put as their COVER STORY that they were wrong about. If it was just rumor and speculation, or stuff they were hearing, it just would’ve been a half page story in the magazine. It went on the cover, which means they think they’ve got something.

As I tweeted later on Thursday, I’ve heard the guy in question that Emily was allegedly sexting was former Heisman trophy winner, and current Oakland Raider backup QB, Matt Leinart. Apparently that’s what US Weekly will run with this week. I don’t know any details other than that’s the guy in question and expect to see that in the tabloids when they hit stands Wednesday. I’m going to give all my Emily and Jef thoughts in tomorrow’s column, but for now, I’ll just say that if you look at his brother Mike’s statement to US Weekly, I have a feeling that this guy isn’t playing with a full deck. I think Mike knows a fight happened, but he didn’t think confirming it to US Weekly would cause the sh**storm it did. I think he’s totally oblivious to how the media and tabloids work, and basically had no idea what he was doing when he went on record to confirm the fight happened. So they denied the story when it first broke Wednesday, Mike confirmed the fight happened the next day, then they said Friday the story is “100% false.” So someone’s lying. So Mike didn’t get paid, but he just felt to randomly tell a tabloid a fight did happen, even though in the same statement he says things like “mistakes happen,” “I’m just looking out for my brother,” “We still love Emily,” and “We hope they get through this?” I would think if he was jealous, or being vindictive, he would’ve been slamming Emily in the statement saying Jef should leave her and what not. He didn’t. He basically said the exact opposite. Which pretty much shows me he was clueless to what a whirlwind media firestorm he would start by confirming the fight happened. So to all the Jemily fans, just because you don’t like Mike and are already crucifying him on his Instagram account, doesn’t mean it’s not true. The guy should’ve basically said nothing and kept his mouth shut, then no one would’ve ever known about a fight. Now they do. Full thoughts coming tomorrow. Lets get to the “Bachelor Pad” finale spoilers…

-Last season, the finale was 3 hours long. The first hour was the from when the show taped, then the actual taping where they vote on the winner was 2 hours long. According to ABC’s tv schedule, they only have 2 hours allotted for that night, so I’m assuming the first hour will be the footage from the final challenge, then the decision made by that final couple on who to take to the finals, then the second hour will be what taped yesterday.

-Looks like RumorFix.com needs to be commended. They broke the Tony/Blakeley story before it even took place. Impressive. If you follow Blakeley on Twitter, you saw that she had a going away party last week, and that she’s moving to Portland in a week. Well, now she has more of a reason to. Tony proposed to her at the taping while she was up in the hot seat and she said yes. She is moving in with him and his son. Interesting couple definitely, and I’m guessing Neil Lane no doubt probably supplied the ring to all this and Tony didn’t pay a cent, but nonetheless, looks like we have a new couple spawned from “Bachelor Pad.”

-Rachel and Michael kinda have it out over what happened to them. Remember last week when I referenced the fact of would you think differently of Michael if he had girlfriend before the show that he got back together with after filming? Well, it’s all addressed at the taping. Michael was seeing a girl named Emily from Chicago that he met during one of his touring shows before filming started, I guess broke it off right before leaving to film (assuming so he could hook up on the show), then they started back up right when filming was over. He’s certainly not hiding her on Twitter. Pretty easy to figure out who it is. So I don’t really understand why his whole mantra on the show was “I’m here for love.” It was basically a lie. There was never a serious relationship with him and Rachel, which I alluded to in Thursday’s email bag. I guess Michael’s reasoning for not trying with Rachel was the long distance thing and Rachel basically called him out for it because she’s aware about the girl Michael is seeing in Chicago. Michael I guess felt bad about the whole thing watching it back and that he didn’t know that Rachel was really falling for him because she never told those things to his face. She only said it in ITM’s. Whatever the case, they have a fairly big blowup over all of it. Although I do hear it’s pretty serious between Michael and this Emily girl and either she’s gonna move to LA, or he’s moving back to Chicago. But lets face it, the Michael we saw on “Bachelor Pad” was definitely not being 100% honest with Rachel. He knows he had someone else he was more interested in the whole time.

-Not much on the Erica/Michael fallout, but apparently Erica has words for Kalon for him trashing her in the media about her weight, etc. She even tells Lindzi to watch out because Kalon is a womanizer. Which brings me to an email I received last Wednesday the 22nd that I figured I’d share now since it’s relevant to what Erica said:

“I know you just posted about Kalon and Lindzi being together, but Kalon and a bunch of his buddies were out and about in Manhattan Beach this past weekend (Friday night at Twelve and Highland), and my girlfriends said that he looked very single (flirty and what not). There weren’t any girls with them either. Don’t know if this means anything, or this is just Kalon’s normal boyfriend douche-bag behavior. I don’t even really care myself, but just thought I’d pass some information along.”

Exactly none of this should surprise any of you.

-As for the votes, Nick and Rachel and Chris and Sarah are the final four (in case you didn’t remember). Nick and Rachel win almost unanimously. I think only three people even voted for Chris and Sarah. And in the same as the first two seasons, Nick and Rachel are then sent off stage to decide what to do with the $250,000. If they both choose “Share,” they split the $250k (like what happened the first two seasons), if one chooses “Share” and one chooses “Keep,” the person who chose “Keep” gets all $250k, and if they both choose “Keep,” then each of them get nothing and the rest of the cast splits $250k. They come out from backstage, and Rachel choose “Share.” However, Nick chose “Keep,” so Nick wins all $250k.

-He says how no one came on this show to win $125,000. They all wanted to (and talked about) winning $250,000. Nick said he never had an alliance with anyone, Rachel included. He was always just out for himself. So he wins all the money. Rachel is mad at Nick because her argument is that everyone that voted for Nick and Rachel voted for them because of her, not him. Then he went and took all the money. She apparently stormed off and was very upset/angry, hence the reason she apparently was a drunken mess at the after party and got sick. No Michael. No money. Sucks to be her.

-Only other thing worth noting is that apparently Chris was butt hurt because he basically knew the people in the house didn’t like him or his behavior, so he knew they weren’t gonna get any votes.

-And no, they didn’t announce who the next “Bachelor” is. I’m guessing that announcement will not come until we get closer to the Sept. 20th start date.

Talk to you tomorrow with my full thoughts on the Jef and Emily situation and your “Bachelor Pad” recap.

1. BrookeC

August 27, 2012 at 2:58 PM

HAHAHAHAHA. Nick is my new hero. She chose him as sloppy seconds and he wins it all. Awesome.

2. DawsMA

August 27, 2012 at 3:13 PM

FINALLY! I have SO much respect for Nick for finally being the one to choose “keep.” I love it. That is a riot about Rachel, sucks to be her I guess.

3. cryskent

August 27, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Does anyone know when the Bachelor Pad Finale is being aired?

4. kasey31

August 27, 2012 at 3:57 PM

i had a feeling this time around someone would choose “keep,” just to mix it up a little.. how boring would it be if everyone kept choosing “share?” so, knowing how manipulative the producers of the show are, does anyone else believe it’s possible that they did this for the shock value, when in reality, they both will end up splitting the money?

i lean more towards producer manipulation bc it seems pretty sketchy for nick to choose keep, knowing that rachel could have easily chose to keep the money too.. esp bc they werent partners from the beginning, she had no loyalty to him really, and like she said, she thinks most ppl voted for them based on her actions during the show, not his. so who would risk losing all of that money?

5. jillbeau

August 27, 2012 at 4:05 PM

I hope this is all true…someone outside of the alliance winning it all! It’s been interesting watching this season because we knew that Nick was in the final 4 with Rachel yet they never show him. Is he really that uninteresting? My thoughts are that he probably stayed out of the drama so they didn’t have much to work with. They’d rather show Ed running around like a drunken idiot or Chris being completely insufferable. I don’t remember him getting involved in any drama during Ashley’s season.

6. DawsMA

August 27, 2012 at 4:21 PM

I always enjoyed Nick on Ashley’s season and have followed him on Twitter since. He seems like a normal, nice guy who has his stuff together. It’s cool to see someone like him win money. And frankly I was rooting for anyone but Chris. 🙂

7. reddla

August 27, 2012 at 4:32 PM

If I remember correctly Ali was mixing it up with Matt Leinart also.

8. kathys

August 27, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Why is this Matt Leinart even in the picture I googled him and he is cute but…I don’t understand !!!!!

9. ccrider

August 27, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Kasey….interesting thought……producer driven for drama and excitement and then they split the money when all is said and done. I remember years ago on Survivor the alliance between Tina and Colby…..he took her all the way knowing she would win but stuck to his alliance anyway. She wasn’t allowed to share any money with him and I don’t know how that sort of thing can be governed but I think she ended up buying him a new motorcycle…..or something like that. Anyway…..if that sort of thing can be controlled by the PTB then Nick is $250K richer and Rachel gets nothing.

10. georgiegirl

August 27, 2012 at 4:59 PM

@Kasey – “i lean more towards producer manipulation bc it seems pretty sketchy for nick to choose keep, knowing that rachel could have easily chose to keep the money too..”

But if she HAD chosen keep, he wouldn’t have gotten any money either way. If he assumed she had chosen keep, then him choosing keep or share would only affect whether or not SHE got any money.

11. khaki

August 27, 2012 at 5:09 PM

@Kasey, for Nick it would be all or nothing either way.If he picks share, he gets half or nothing. If he picks keep he gets all or nothing. The only thing he risks by picking keep is if she gets money.

Did I make sense? Another way to see it is by picking share he gives up half the money he could have had by keeping. Like he can’t control if he gets nothing, but if he picks keep, he gets double (and if he picks share he gets half).
    And he knows no matter what happens, if he picks keep, she gets nothing. He controls 2/3 scenarios. Why not pick keep, if she picks keep, he’d still get nothing. Nothing risked at all. (except him potentially looking like an ass to some people) Personally, he’s my hero.

12. nobody1

August 27, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Told you all the emily thing was true. She doesn’t give a shit about Jef, she’s only in it for the fame and the chance to shag real celebrities, or well known people like athletes Leinart.

13. iheartvino

August 27, 2012 at 5:28 PM

I love it. Producer manipulated or not, I LOVE that someone finally chose “keep.” This is a damn game show, not a show to be loyal to your partner in the end. They’re competing for $250K, not $125K each. Sure, sounds like Rachel got used by Nick big-time, but he was clear he was in it for the money, and it doesn’t sound like they hooked up or anything. I am sure I sound harsh but I like the outcome and good for Nick. He has hardly had any camera time so far, so it will be interesting to see the dark horse win it all.

I’m sure it will also be fun on the finale to watch Chris pout like a toddler when he and Sarah find out that they didn’t win the voting contest.

14. nobody1

August 27, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Gawd my grammar sucks….

…..chance to shag real celebrities, or well known people or athletes like Leinart.

15. lunacoconut

August 27, 2012 at 5:40 PM

What a perfect ending. I can’t wait to see Rachel cry and Nick lording it over all those idiots.

16. debora123

August 27, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Why is Jacky’s face orange?

17. Athena

August 27, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Oh ick…I finally broke down and watched my first BP episode. I now need a shower.

Meanwhile, back to the Jef/Emily story – I’m wondering just what kind of guy looks at his partner’s cell phone to see who she is communicating with? Seems like a giant privacy violation to me. Irregardless of her behavior – I don’t like what he did.

18. kasey31

August 27, 2012 at 7:07 PM

@georgiegirl and @khaki- yes, your explanations make perfect sense to me and i thought about that too.. basically, he had nothing to lose by choosing “keep” bc if she would have chosen “keep,” he wouldnt have received the money anyway..

im just saying, it is possible that the producers talked him into choosing to keep the money just for dramatic purposes.. maybe they ended up becoming really good friends towards the end? who knows? what we do know is that the producers can manipulate anyone on this show to create any storyline or finale that they want.. and im sure once they start showing the previews to the finale, they will say “the most shocking ending in bp history”.. and in all honesty, they knew this season had to be different than past season bc sharing the money was becoming too predictable and boring..

19. kasey31

August 27, 2012 at 7:08 PM

*seasons

20. kasey31

August 27, 2012 at 7:13 PM

either way, im happy to see nick win.. 🙂

21. heidi1109

August 27, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Is there a reason why Sarah talks out the side of her mouth? It really bothers me…She is a fool to think that Chris is really in to her. He just wants the camera time. I think it’s funny that the underdog Nick wins and keeps the money. That’s what you get when you underestimate a person. Good for him! This show is a joke and they make up the rules as they go. I think each season of BP and Bachelor/ette is getting more and more edited. They need to make some changes or their going to loose veiwers like me. Keep up the good work Steve! You’re the only reason why I watch the show…just so I can hear your wise marks.

22. lcs85

August 27, 2012 at 9:17 PM

I figured Nick/Rachel would be the one people voted for. Who would vote for Chris?! And you know that if Chris and Sarah were the final 2, Chris would have also voted keep while Sarah voted to share with Chris. Thank goodness this tool didn’t win it all.

23. maxi

August 27, 2012 at 10:39 PM

” So that’s the “cheating” they’re referencing in this instance. US Weekly might be 75% garbage, but name me one cheating scandal that they put as their COVER STORY that they were wrong about. If it was just rumor and speculation, or stuff they were hearing, it just would’ve been a half page story in the magazine. It went on the cover, which means they think they’ve got something”

Well, the whole Ben cheating on Courtney made the cover, and Steve called it BS. I always thought it was true…you can’t fake pics, after all. God Steve, you’re slipping. So many contradictions.

24. maxi

August 27, 2012 at 10:44 PM

As far as the b-pad ending…ugh, I don’t like it. I can’t stand chris, so that part is awesome, but I think Rachel deserved her portion. Nick is such an afterthought to me… I just think that’s shitty to do. But, idk, I guess i am over thinking this! It is just tv and I honestly think this show sucks for the most part. Such a bad cast!!

25. bachfan197933

August 27, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Thank you for all the excellent info on Bachelor Pad! So fun!
    With regard to the Jef and Emily scandal, a few comments:
    1. On Wednesday, in People, Jef adamantly denies the story (100% fase) and scoffs that there could even possibly be a source as he was in a home with only his brothers and sisters. If the story is true and the facts in the story are correct, Jef would not have worded his denial that way. He would have known immediately that there was a source, and that the source had to be one of his brothers or sisters. I’m not saying he still wouldn’t have denied it, but he certainly would not have worded it that way.
    2. The picture that Jef tweeted of Emily standing in front of Maynard Ave that was tweeted prior to the scandal breaking – fans on the fan forum showed that it was taken in Florence, SC, near Jef’s parents mission, but on the way back from where they were staying on the beach and Charlotte(about 1/2 way). This picture was clearly taken in the day and Emily looks happy and flirty in it. This picture is clear evidence that Emily and Jef drove back to Charlotte together on Monday so at least one part of the US Weekly story is completely false.
    3. While I don’t put it past people to put up a false front of unity, the constant stream of tweets showing that Jef is being involved in every aspect of Ricki’s life and is happy with Emily indicates to me that it is not false. Emily would certainly not allow him to get further involved in her life if she was even a little bit unsure of their future. Plus, many of the tweets are from before US Weekly breaks their article like the date night picture in which they look ecstatically happy (and which fans tweeted more candid shots of them where they looked happy the whole time as well). I don’t think that either Jef and Emily are that good of actors – neither had a poker face all season and I don’t know where they would acquire one now.
    Anyways, thank you for all the spoilers! I really enjoy them!!!!

26. nobody1

August 28, 2012 at 4:30 AM

@Bachfan:

Its not uncommon for the people on this show to put up a front and fake the relationship. This is going back a ways, but I remember the press photos of Deanna and Jesse the dope smoking snow boarder. They were portrayed as this happy couple washing cars together with smiles all around. It was all a bunch of bull.

I stand by my comments about Emily not giving a shit about Jef. She has a goal she is trying to achieve, and that goal is absolutely not to spend the rest of her life with a nerdy little skateboarder from Utah, regardless of how deep his pockets MIGHT be. For all we know he’s living off his parents.

27. laney2012

August 28, 2012 at 5:45 AM

Sorry to beat a dead horse but I have to ask those “in the know”….could Emily be Ellen’s friend we heard about prior to BP? Makes me wonder!

YAY for Nick! How easy would it be to convince your partner that you will both vote “share” and split the money, only to bust out “keep” when it’s down to the wire? It’s about time we saw a good ending to this show!

28. karynr

August 28, 2012 at 6:32 AM

I am so glad Chris (and Sarah) didn’t win. I have no doubt he’ll pout and make yet more assinine comments at the finale.

I do feel a little bad for Rachel, but she really didn’t do much of anything to play the game, unless someone else was directing her words and actions.

After all the drama, the final two were the quietest and least dramatic in the house. How funny.

Hey Chris…..you got what you deserved.,…..NOTHING!

29. karynr

August 28, 2012 at 6:41 AM

In regards to Emily and 1F, it will be interesting to see how this new drama plays out. While I hope they do make it, I give it another few months. I’m beginning to suspect Emily wants to continue playing with other men, and Ricki isn’t as much of a priority as she has always stated. I hope I’m wrong.

Every family has their dysfunctions! If the bro did go to the tabloids, or answered their questions when they called, he is either a big troublemaker, or a naive guy maybe a few bricks short of a load?

30. Dianne

August 28, 2012 at 6:45 AM

@nobody1 – Jef is NOT living off of his parents. He has his own successful business. My gawd, you are one very jealous individual, aren’t you? You have nothing good to say about anything or anyone. Get a grip, pal, get a grip!

31. Athena

August 28, 2012 at 7:50 AM

What about that whole “checking her cell phone” stuff that supposedly Jef did? Do any of you think it’s really ok to snoop into your partner’s phone privacy? Isn’t that a violation of trust and boundaries?

32. bigfatwoman

August 28, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Re: Emily and Jef~

The one thing Steve fails to mention is that regardless of Jef’s brother getting paid or not getting paid by US Weekly — or if the story is true or even partially true — what kind of family member/brother goes to the tabloids about ANYTHING?

Mike Holm is clearly a loser.

If there is ANY merit to the story – I’m sure it’s only partially true and not as it appears and is certainly none of our business.

I’ve seen Jef’s recent tweets and he and Emily still appear very much together. I am hopeful that Emily’s integrity is what it seems, but I feel much more certain that Jef is who he says he is — and I don’t believe that if he was being jerked around by Emily, that he would stick around. The guy has integrity in spades.

@Nobody1 – I know you’re a guy….and I know you think you have Emily’s number…..but I hope you’re wrong. I’m a realist and a skeptic too….but you are SOOO cynical, so pessimistic and just an all around big black cloud.

33. bigfatwoman

August 28, 2012 at 8:22 AM

And…..@Nobody1….your above post “Gawd, my grammar sucks….”

What GUY says “gawd?”

You must be a chick.

34. ironside

August 28, 2012 at 8:22 AM

Props to Nick. I didn’t even realize he was on the show till Michael Stagliano got eliminated. Chris never really was very strategic. He betrayed all his original alliances and then did nothing to rebuild them. The producers saved him once and then he won a couple competitions to stay in the house. But last nigh was a good example of not playing the game. When Ed and Jaclyn had the roses to give, Chris and Sara should have been all over it. They should have made it their “mission” to get Jaclyn and Ed removed. Kalin and Lindzi would have joined them and I think Ed and Rachel would have too after Ed/Jaclyn gave the roses to Tony/Blakely. Chris/Sara should have monitored that whole situation a lot closer but instead chose to sit back and watch. Dumb… dumb… dumb!!! Lack of gamemanship cost Chris/Sara votes too. Also, Chris shouldn’t have been such a douche bag to the “fans”. You knew the “fans” on the show were certain to be among the first to go, but letting them leave under the impression that you’re a conceited celebrity wannabe is not smart when you consider that you need their votes in the finale. Dumb… dumb… dumb!!! Geez Chris, you acted like you knew how to play this game, but in reality you missed the point. It’s all about relationships. How else could you lose to the two most non-descript contestants on the show.

35. ironside

August 28, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Nick/Rachel (not Ed/Rachel) typo above.

36. BrookeC

August 28, 2012 at 8:36 AM

If you watched last night, I think it is clear why Nick took all of the money. Rachel was on his last nerve with her pining for Michael. He kept saying “Im here for $250,000”, I know that most people say that then split the money, but Nick had no intention of splitting it with anyone, no matter who it was.

37. Missy1982

August 28, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Nick!!!!! Effing Awesome!!!! Way to stick it to those “emotional alcoholics” (thanks Kalon). Michael S. is a sleaze and Rachel — it’s a game, you weren’t entitled to half the money because you were more popular.

38. nobody1

August 28, 2012 at 9:31 AM

@BFW:

No, I’m not a girl. I normally would say ‘gawd’, but thougght for a moment that I didn’t want to bring religion onto the board. Its crazy, but the thought crossed my mind that someone would get offended if I said ‘God’.

39. roma123

August 28, 2012 at 9:33 AM

LOVE your contradictions– “Do not believe everything you hear/read, especially in the tabloids (calling out US Weekly, regularly).
    Seriously, your contradict yourself A LOT!

40. nobody1

August 28, 2012 at 9:34 AM

*** I WOULDN’T normally say ‘gawd’.

I’m effing up all over the place these days

41. punka

August 28, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I think Nick is a selfish asshole. Pretty simple. You win as a team, and Rachel was right–he had nothing without her. She carried his sorry @$$ to teh finish line, then he stabbed her in the back.

Total douchbag move on Nick’s part. He was dull as hell on Bach Pad, offerred nothing in terms of entertainment or intelligence, and then screwed over his teammate.

Stay classy.

42. vin2332

August 28, 2012 at 10:05 AM

2 thoughts:

1. Nick’s move was definitely not expected, nor classy. Kinda makes me not want to watch the finale

2. I don’t think Jef looking at Emily’s texts was an invasion of privacy, nor does it show insecurity. I’ll often text for my husband from my his phone (if he’s driving, for example), and usually peruse texts afterwards. He knows is, it doesn’t bother him, and I’m not looking for anything incriminating — often it leads to a story that he forgot to tell me about one of our friends. He looks through my texts sometimes too when we’re bored and usually just makes fun of the convo I have with my girlfriends, lol.

We each trust each other 1000% and have nothing to hide, so it just seems normal to me.

43. vin2332

August 28, 2012 at 10:05 AM

* his, not “my his” phone

44. JovisMom

August 28, 2012 at 10:36 AM

@ vin2332 – I’m with you on the checking texts, I have never done it with my current boyfriend unless he asks me to read while he’s driving. I did look at my ex’s once because I knew (you girls know what I mean when youjust know something is up) something was wrong and he was cheating. I asked him several times is there someone else? Does he want out? He would always say no, so one day I looked and I was right. I kicked him out the next day. That was 5yrs ago and now I’m with a great guy who I never question. Now that being said everyone knows I am not a Jef fan but maybe it was the same with him. Maybe he had a feeling something was up and she would say no so he checked her phone. He was right so his checking her phone is a less of a trust violation then her sending sexts. Those who have nothing to hide hide nothing.

45. iheartvino

August 28, 2012 at 10:41 AM

I think the checking the other person’s phone issue depends on how both people feel about it. If Emily has told Jef in the past that he can look at her phone any time and she doesn’t care, then no biggie that he looked at it recently. But I do think it would be tacky to look at your BF or spouse’s phone without their knowing about it.

My husband doesn’t check my phone and I don’t check his. Doesn’t mean we don’t trust each other, but I text with my close GFs on mine all the time and he doesn’t need to see my girl talk, just like I don’t need to see his texts back and forth with his buddies. I trust him completely and he trusts me, we just both tend to keep our phones by our sides a lot. I almost always have my phone near me just out of habit and I’m responding to work emails frequently even at home.

46. Athena

August 28, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Sharing a phone while driving, etc. is a whole different thing. It seems to me that if you are already suspicious about something going on, and you feel a need to snoop in order to see if those suspicions are warranted, then the trust is already gone. If he’s (she’s) up to no good, then it’s going to come out one way or the other. And, IMO, snooping puts me at the same level as the other person I’m suspicious of. Unless a couple have a prior agreement, due to one or the other having previously betrayed trust in the relationship, that it’s ok to check up on the other if things didn’t seem to be heading in the right direction, then I’d see it as a violation. If I was the one checking up, I’d feel guilty and bad about myself for doing it, and if I learned that my partner had done it to me, I’d be quite upset. And, if Emily WAS doing something clandestine, I’m sure she didn’t give Jef carte blanche to check her phone anytime he wanted. I’m not saying that she would be in the right to sneak around, just that two wrongs don’t make a right either.

47. penguinfan01

August 28, 2012 at 11:26 AM

At first I thought producer manipulation of Nick was just plain silly, but the more I think about it, it makes sense. They kept him obscure all of the episodes, in fact I too thought he was no longer on the show. So it seems that producer manipulation would make a shocker ending of this boring season. I don’t know about them sharing the money behind the scenes, but they could have talked Nick into voting Keep knowing that Rachel was voting Share. It makes sense, a typical snake in the grass Mike Fleiss move. It certainly made for something to talk about. So glad Chris got what was coming to him. He thinks he’s the main stud. Keep up the good work RS, I didn’t watch much, relied on your recaps. I hope Erica steps in shit and sinks in it.

48. iheartvino

August 28, 2012 at 11:44 AM

@Athena, I feel the same way about snooping. Two wrongs don’t make a right, but I do know some women who have had intuition that their spouse was cheating so they checked emails and texts and sure enough there was some bad stuff going on. Fortunately I’ve never once doubted my husband or had those bad feelings so I I have never had the desire to look. 🙂 I’d like to think that If he ever were to start shady or distant I would definitely try to address the situation head on and not go behind his back and snoop.

49. liz123

August 28, 2012 at 11:47 AM

I wish they had done the ending totally differently- as in, thrown out the whole concept keep/ share & all that garbage. It’s dumb anyway & I always hated it. Why don’t they just have a final competition for the money? Or they could do something that would cause all the drama they’re looking for without keeping that same tired ending.

50. liz123

August 28, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Also, @BFW, there a many “dark cloud” people on this board lately. That’s why I haven’t been around for a month or so. People just hang around here & wallow in their misery & self-loathing. It’s FUN! WooHOO! NOT.