Bachelor Pad 3

The “Bachelor Pad” Recap Including My Thoughts on Emily & Jef and What’s the Kalon/Lindzi Status Now

In addition to what I wrote yesterday regarding the Emily and Jef situation, let me expand a bit more on it. I think you’ll be a bit surprised what I have to say. I think the biggest thing in all of this is you’re dealing with such a rabid fan base. Yes, I know the “Bachelor” franchise is not nearly as popular as the Twilight franchise, but judging from the tweets and emails I’ve received, you’d think they’re at least on par with each other. Holy crap. Easy people. With such a rabid fan base, you’re dealing with some people that refuse to live in reality and continue to think that everything and everyone are the greatest people ever and nothing negative can ever happen to a couple that they like. And by God, if they’re tweeting and Instagramming pictures of themselves, then all must be right in the world. That’s not always necessarily the case.

I like Emily. I really do. Do I think she’s a bit insecure? Yes. Do I think she cares too much about what others think of her? Yes. But all in all, I do like her. As for Jef, I have nothing against him either. That’s where a lot of people get mistaken. Just because I make fun of people in my column, or say negative things about someone, there’s this perception that I hate everyone involved, and that couldn’t be further from the truth. The reality is, I don’t know most of these people, and the second they sign up to go on a reality show, they are opening themselves up to criticism from anyone, from anywhere, in any form. That’s just the world we live in now. If people can’t accept that, that’s their problem, not mine. I truly had moved on from Jef and Emily, even after the US Weekly cover story came out last week, and said as much. But once the brother confirmed the story, obviously people are going to come running to me asking questions and asking for my opinion on things. Some people will like what I say, and some people won’t, but I’m only going to tell it like it is, and I don’t care what anyone thinks.

This Emily and Jef situation really has two divided sides. The Jemily fans refuse to believe anything negative whatsoever about these two. Those people are impossible to deal with. They are in their own little Jemily world, and anything anyone ever says negative about them will be refuted 100 times over for no other reason than, “Leave them alone. I like them and wish them the best.” Great. But others are allowed to talk negatively about them, you realize that right? Of course you don’t. Anyway, my point being that there’s going to be sides to this story. Everything you see in People magazine in the coming weeks will be pro-Jemily. They are the de facto Jemily supporters. I guarantee when People comes out tomorrow, it will be a pro-Jemily piece, talking about how great things are and I expect a complete character assassination on the brother Mike. Count on it. US Weekly is following up a lead that they somehow got that there was a fight in South Carolina stemming from some texts Emily was sending and receiving to some guy. I’ve been hearing that guy is Matt Leinart and, at some point, you’ll see US Weekly corroborate that. Maybe it’ll be in this week’s issue, maybe not. I’m not sure. I do not know details. I’ve just been hearing that he’s the guy in question.

However, I do not expect Matt Leinart to ever give an on record story or quote to US Weekly, nor do I expect these alleged text messages to ever show up in a magazine. Which is music to the ears of the Jemily fans, since if they don’t see any proof, they’ll refuse to believe it. Which is fine. Doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. Doesn’t mean it did either. Like I said, I don’t know what went down that Sunday night in South Carolina in terms of details, but I have been made aware a fight took place. But here’s the thing: I’m not a gossip columnist. Sure, I have tidbits here and there about the franchise that I share, but on the whole, my column has never been about gossip. If it was, I could write stuff every single day about stuff that I hear, stuff I’ve been directly told, and stuff that’s just speculation. Lets face it, I think my track record over the last three years has proven I do have information and knowledge about things regarding this show that 99% of America doesn’t have. I mean, you can at least give me that, right? And very rarely when I do reveal spoilers or information about the show, I ever give hard details or say where it came from because, well, then I’d be exposing my sources. I told you the Jason/Molly/Melissa ending and for weeks people didn’t believe me – that came true. Told you Jake picked Vienna in St. Lucia with no proof or details – that came true. Told you Ben picked Courtney in Switzerland with no proof for months – that came true. On and on and on I could go with previous things I told you beforehand that turned out to be true, but you get my point. I’m just saying I think by this time, a lot of you have come to accept that if you read something on RealitySteve.com, there’s a good chance it’s going to be true, regardless of whether I have any proof behind it.

So when it comes to the Emily and Jef situation, nothing I say is going to satisfy either side. I hear things, I have things emailed to me, and all I do is process it all, with the occasional comment here and there. But nothing ever too detailed because I just can’t reveal where I get information from. So what I’m going to do with the Emily and Jef situation is just sit back and let it all play out. Let People magazine run their pro-Jemily pieces, let US Weekly continue to dig deeper into this relationship, and I will observe from the outside. I don’t care if Emily and Jef make it, and I don’t care if Emily and Jef break up. If my site hinged on the success of these couples, I’d be in a world of hurt. It doesn’t. I’m here to give you spoilers and information regarding this show, and I do that to the best of my ability. More times than not, I’m right. I will be wrong occasionally, and I’ve owned up to being wrong in the past, even going so far as to give public apologies.

With Emily and Jef, I’ve been told things, I’ve been emailed things, and I’ve heard things that are quite interesting. But for me to come out and say it all would be exposing sources, and I’m just not gonna do it. Let the tabloids and magazines play this relationship out. This is not my expertise. So once the tabloids hit the stands tomorrow, and more information is released, it’s pretty much what I’ve come to expect. I know you’ll ask my opinion, I know you’ll ask “Is this true,” and for the time being, I’m just gonna stay out of it. My stance is still exactly the same as it was back in July when I found out that Emily had picked Jef, and that’s that these two will never walk down the aisle together. Some people will disagree with me, in fact plenty of you will, and that’s fine. And some people will agree, and that’s fine too. But this is a no-win situation for me unless I reveal my sources, which isn’t going to happen. I know more about this situation than pretty much everyone else out there, but by reporting on it, it’s only going to lead to more questions, and more rabid fans screaming and whining about stuff they don’t have the full story to, and without revealing my sources, the information will just all be considered speculation. So read all the stuff that’s published, form your own opinions, and go live your life. Whether Emily and Jef get married and stay together for 50 years, or whether they break up next week, my life will still be exactly the same. I wish I could say the same thing for other people, but I just can’t. And that’s sad. Anyone that asks me about Emily and Jef, I think I’ll just cut and paste the same answer and just send it to everyone: I stand by what I said back in July. Emily and Jef will never walk down the aisle. Lets worry about next season of the “Bachelor” and how much information I can get on that, shall we?

1. mel1

August 28, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Funny recap, although I do have to say its pretty ironic that you misspelled “serendipity” after mocking the contestants’ grammar and talking about how easy that word was. (“but they were certainly much harder than ‘serenedipity'”).

2. khaki

August 28, 2012 at 12:18 PM

@mel1 He spelled it right multiple times before, so it’s probably just a typo, but ironic indeed.

I only read the recaps because the show is too terrible. I wish he would have recapped what their incorrect spellings were. Some of those words seem impossible to get wrong. That said, it is a lot easier to write a word than spell it off the top of your head under pressure.

3. twb109

August 28, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Anyone know why K/L broke up or who broke up with whom?

4. nsawyer

August 28, 2012 at 12:25 PM

@twb109, um, because he’s Kalon?? Welcome to Dumpsville again, Lindzi! 😉

5. maxi

August 28, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Pretty sure Steve is wrong about the Kalon/Lindzi breakup. His twitter is @kalonMcM and they are clearly together. He posted a pic of her just a few hours ago…

6. maxi

August 28, 2012 at 12:41 PM

As for the column, Steve, I think going on and on about how you know everything about every Bach related situation, but won’t share because you protect your sources, is bs. When has that ever been an issue?? I think it is perfectly fine to admit when you just DON’T KNOW about something or are wrong (Emily and Jef, the next Bach, etc. Steve even tweeted last week that emily’s secret guy was coming out with an us weekly interview), but it looks so foolish to rant about how you’re just not sharing. This is a spoiler site! I appreciated hearing the bachelor pad finale spoilers and am not doubting you get some great info, just stating no need to exaggerate or lie to look good.

7. punka

August 28, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Actually Steve, I’d say that the best thing you could add to your site is a blindgossip page form former contestants. Write them in traditional format, then let us try to guess the who based upon the crumbs you drop us. You may never have to revealt he blind, or can wait to do it until the evidence gets revealed in interviews or on the show. And of course, spill on the hook-ups at all the Bach renunions. Do it in blind style, and no sources get outed.

Just a thought and it would be fun.

Somehting you really ought to consider.

8. FanofSteve

August 28, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Thanks so much for the hilarious re-cap, Steve.
    I missed the show as I was too busy nursing a massive migraine to subject myself to the torture of having to view the episode. Besides, your re-caps are 100 times more entertaining than the show itself.
    I think it’s freaking awesome that a BP contestant finally has the smarts to choose “KEEP” and walk away with the full $250K. Fleiss must’ve been flummoxed!
    I wasn’t going to bother watching the finale because the show has been so lame, but now that I know what’s going to happen (attention BP Franchise: Reality Steve is your friend!), ain’t no way in the world I’m gonna miss it.
    The bonus is that the winner is the sole contestant who didn’t behave like a horny and/or emotionally wrecked douchebag.
    By the way, Steve … sure hope you’re getting some kind of compensation from Stacy Carey of examiner.com who, under the guise of “judging” your spoilers, uses YOU as her source to spell them all out!

9. khaki

August 28, 2012 at 2:04 PM

@maxi, if he outs sources that he has used before, he won’t be able to use them again. That said, I wish he’d quit alluding to it. It’s like dangling a carrot.

@punka, that is a great idea.

10. maxi

August 28, 2012 at 2:12 PM

@khaki very true, that is absolutely understandable. All I mean is I’m a little confused why he suddenly acts like he can’t share the info they tell him, hasn’t he always done that?

11. caitlyn

August 28, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Glad you’re not a gossip site Steve. It’s much better to be a site full of unsubstantiated innuendos and bullshit than facts. Plus your batting average stinks. Let’s see. oh yes, Ben and Courtney will never make it, and they are more in love and together than ever. And this gem, JP and Ashley, will get married. Hope you didn’t buy a gift yet cause it’s now 16 months since the proposal and still not even a wedding date?? I would not be surprised if Jef and Emily beat both of those couples to the altar. If I’m right, you can just buy me a gift, that seems fair enough or just eat another plate of crow. lmao

12. nat0ep

August 28, 2012 at 3:56 PM

You know what I heard?! No wait I can’t tell you what I heard. But I can tell you I heard what I heard. And considering what I heard… I have an opinion!… yah we all do.
    Anyhow, I completely agree with the statement that sharing opinions is one thing, at least when stated as such, gossiping is altogether something else. So cheers for not going in that direction!

13. lucky

August 28, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Great column. Thanks for bringing me back to reality (realizing that Jemily will never get married). Funny that Blakely already moved but Jef hasn’t.

Just because Jef’s parents may be wealthy, doesn’t mean he has a trust fund and/or access to one. Plenty of small business owners, celebrities (Anderson Cooper comes to mind), athletes have rich parents. Doesn’t mean the kids have it. Anderson Cooper told Oprah years ago that he needed a job because his mother was not willing to support her adult children. I know wealthy non-celebrity parents who do this.

14. ironside

August 28, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Tony and Blakely? Wow. At least he can ski the slopes of the twin sisters with her in Oregon. I like skiing the slopes too. What red blooded American male doesn’t? Good job Tony.

I think it’s also safe to assume that Nick has made his final TV appearance on a Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise show. He won’t be asked back to defend his title next season because no one would ever be able to trust him. Besides, he is so non-descript that he does nothing for ratings. If he shows up for a Bachelor/ette reunion, and any of the “pinky swear” trio are there, he will most likely be blackballed. Not that any of that matters. He’s $250K richer and there’s plenty of babes who will dig him for that. If I were him I would look up Donna Zitelli in NYC and see if I could ski her slopes too.

15. twb109

August 28, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Michael touches upon kalon and lindzi’s relationship but not a single mention of the 2 hours that we had to see rachel crying over him….

16. kasey31

August 28, 2012 at 11:49 PM

@maxi- i couldnt agree more with everything you said..

17. Dianne

August 29, 2012 at 7:23 AM

People, of course Steve is dangling a carrot. If you were at all familiar with his ways, you’d know that he does this to get you all to come back and keep checking for updates. Tsk, tsk on those of you that don’t know him any better.

18. Dianne

August 29, 2012 at 11:13 AM

@liz123..priceless!! Thanks for sharing 🙂

19. dtm1

August 29, 2012 at 1:56 PM

@mel1, I thought that RealitySteve misspelled it, too, at first. But then I noticed it was in quotes. I think he purposely misspelled it the same way the couple did.

20. iheartvino

August 29, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Where in the column is “Serendipity” spelled wrong? I went back and skimmed it and the three times I saw that word, it was spelled properly. Maybe RS went back and corrected it.

21. chakakohen

August 29, 2012 at 4:37 PM

So Rachel called you and bitched about Michael, huh?

“After what happened to me recently with Erica, it’d be very hypocritical for me to call Erica out for being a sh**ty friend, and then do the exact same thing myself by betraying the trust of people who tell me stuff and run to my blog to spill information. Just not gonna do it.
    Read more at http://realitysteve.com/2012/08/28/the-bachelor-pad-spoilers-jef-emily-kalon-lindz/5/#hPcPqPT3vxqXPaVZ.99

22. kasey31

August 29, 2012 at 7:06 PM

@chakakohen- did u just link the page we’re obviously already on? ; )

23. kjam

August 31, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Reality Steve is right about Jemily. I don’t know who Steve’s contacts are, but I know this couple. They are on the skids, totally. On their recent trip to Ghana with People Water, they were miserable. Emily was extremely high-maintenance (big surprise) and Jef couldn’t keep her happy. Jef…I’m a fan of. (He’s WAY over his head and totally bought into the Emily delusion. All that sparkles is not gold.) Emily…not so much. He’s trapped in this reality game and he’s giving it a go, for “honorable” reasons. I wish he’d cut his losses and move on, despite the cost. The faking it is hurting his integrity. I don’t know how long they can hobble around and keep up appearances. But Emily is quite okay with throwing in Ricki (or anything else) to benefit herself. Personally, I can’t see this woman without throwing up a little. FWI, Em, you could smile, wave, say “hi”, hold Jef’s hand, when you’re on stage with him promoting People Water. Might make it look a bit more real…but glad you finally decided that you could make it, lol. All your deluded fans were so…deluded?

24. stumpy

September 1, 2012 at 7:20 AM

Yes Jacqueline, Ed is a player. Everyone knew that since Jillians season. Yes, I watch this stupid show. It’s the only funny thing on Monday night. I must say, the best season, if there has to be one, of this show, was Natalie Getz and David Goode. They knew they were about hook ups, and money, and friendship and not much more. They played the game, had fun doing it and no one walked away with hurt feelings. No whores, no delusions of life loves, just chance and game play. That is what this show is about. I love what Nick did. That was smart thinking on his part. Glad he wins. Go Nick. Good Game.

25. aimeestinson

September 1, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Kalon and Lindzi are together.
    Steve in not always right, lol He is just a person.

26. banana12

September 2, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Hey Steve,

I love your Dog, she is so cute! Anyway how can you say that Emily and Jef are not getting married? He is moving across the Country to live close to her now and she is planning a wedding- What’s up, you don’t think that this will happen? Just Curious about your comments earlier when you said ” They would never get married” I am not so sure about that one.

Anna

27. banana12

September 2, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Will you eat “Crow” if they get married?

Anna

28. mamalissa

September 3, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Could not care less about “Jemily.” He’s a nice guy and he looks 12. Duh – she totally picked him for his trust fund. I’m FAR more upset about Tony and Blakely. The minute they got together, I was afraid he was going to bring her to Portland. Damn it, Tony.

29. haileytucki

September 4, 2012 at 12:55 AM

I can say is that if you are in a committed relationship then theres just

30. haileytucki

September 4, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Jeff…emily…kalon..lyndsay…michael…and on, and on…have to admit though that reading the posts are comical. while everyone is absolutely entitled to their own opinion, i cannot help but to be shocked at the amount of people that actually care who is texting, sexting, tweeting, cheating, broken up, or heartbroken. It is interesting to read other perspectives, though, and the cell phone privacy debate caught my eye. Im no expert, but if you are honest with yourself and you are with the right person then theres no looking over your shoulder. I guess there are just some people who like the drama and the e hidden secrets are exactly why these sites exist. Personally speaking, ye ars ago, I was one myself. I can honestly say though, theres nothing I would not say or do that I would do if my husband was standing behind me at all times

31. haileytucki

September 4, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Jeff…emily…kalon..lyndsay…michael…and on, and on…have to admit though that reading the posts are comical. while everyone is absolutely entitled to their own opinion, i cannot help but to be shocked at the amount of people that actually care who is texting, sexting, tweeting, cheating, broken up, or heartbroken. It is interesting to read other perspectives, though, and the conflict over the cell phone privacy caught my eye. The bottom line is…if u r in a commited should not matter when ur partner grab ur phone

32. haileytucki

September 4, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Jeff…emily…kalon..lyndsay…michael…and on, and on…have to admit though that reading the posts are comical. while everyone is absolutely entitled to their own opinion, i cannot help but to be shocked at the amount of people that actually care who is texting, sexting, tweeting, cheating, broken up, or heartbroken. It is interesting to read other perspectives, though, and the conflict over the cell phone privacy caught my eye. The bottom is if ur in a committed relationship, it should not matter when they grab ur phone, what they look at, what texts they read, etc. if they r snooping, obviosly theres a problem to begin with. If u have to hide ur cell from the person u r with, whats the point of being with that person? But then again..if everyone lived by those standards, then places like this would cease to exist.

33. johannablue

September 5, 2012 at 3:02 PM

@haileytucki on – hmmmm????
    “Jeff…emily…kalon..lyndsay…michael…and on, and on…have to admit though that reading the posts are comical. while everyone is absolutely entitled to their own opinion, i cannot help but to be shocked at the amount of people that actually care who is texting, sexting, tweeting, cheating, broken up, or heartbroken. It is interesting to read other perspectives, though, and the conflict over the cell phone privacy caught my eye. The bottom line is…”

Just a tad repetitive….