Bachelor Pad 3

The “Bachelor Pad” Recap Including My Thoughts on Emily & Jef and What’s the Kalon/Lindzi Status Now

-After returning from their date where seemingly nothing got accomplished other than sex, Ed and Jaclyn have to give roses to another couple, saving them from elimination. With Chris & Sarah already safe, they either have to give it Nick and Rachel, Blakeley and Tony, or Kalon and Lindzi. All three couples plead their case, but in the end, Blakeley and Tony are safe. So now it’s deliberation time, and even though the obvious choice to be sent home was Kalon and Lindzi, because they weren’t part of the major alliance, the editing made it seem like there was a debate going on as to maybe Nick and Rachel would be going home. I think Nick spent an awful amount of time in the sun that day because he had raccoon face going on that night. Gotta take the sunglasses off when you tan, my man. Bright red cheeks and forehead, and you could practically draw the outline of the eyes on his face.

-Tony says he was all set to vote off Kalon and Lindzi because Blakeley has his balls in her purse…errrrr…because Blakeley has the woman alliance with Rachel and Jaclyn, but Nick came over and stuck his foot in his mouth. Actually, I didn’t really understand why they were giving Nick so much sh** for what he said. I didn’t think he said much. Seems like Nick realized that you basically can’t trust anyone in the game, and whatever happens happens. He played the game so less strategically than everyone else, that by watching him last night, you can tell Nick was there to do his own thing, stay out of drama, not ruffle and feathers, and just watch out for his own backside. Sure, he’s played the game differently than every other person in three seasons, but look where it got him? He’s $250k richer now, so, you gotta applaud him for that. There’s a reason we have barely seen Nick in five episodes – because he had zero drama surrounding him and he wasn’t good television. But would you rather be good television and not win any money, or barely get air time, not embarrass yourself, not form any emotional/physical connections, and walk away with $250k? I think I’ll take the latter. ABC might not be too thrilled with who won, but you think Nick cares? He’s laughing his way to the bank.

-During this deliberation where Nick was apparently sticking his foot in his mouth, they actually show Rachel calling Michael on the phone to, ummmm, well, I don’t really know what the point of that was. To rub salt in the wound for when the finale airs? I don’t know. All I want to know is when Michael was on the phone with Rachel, was his girl sitting right next to him, or he at least excused himself and went into the other room saying, “Oh it’s the show. Gotta take this in the other room. Be right back honey.” Verrrrry slick. Perfect example of what I talked about earlier regarding the gossip portion of this show. I knew about Michael’s Emily a month before he even left for filming. Did I ever bring it up? No. Wasn’t my place to say anything. But once it gets brought up at the finale taping and it’s public knowledge, then I feel I can step in and add my two cents about it. This kind of stuff happens all the time. I’m sure some of you don’t like it, but frankly, I don’t care and I think it’s the best way to handle it. After what happened to me recently with Erica, it’d be very hypocritical for me to call Erica out for being a sh**ty friend, and then do the exact same thing myself by betraying the trust of people who tell me stuff and run to my blog to spill information. Just not gonna do it.

-So in the end of the voting, here’s what they showed:

Ed & Jaclyn voted for Kalon and Lindzi (they didn’t actually show it, but after the vote, Jaclyn admitted she essentially couldn’t betray her pinkie swear from earlier)
Nick and Rachel voted for Kalon and Lindzi (no surprise there)
Chris and Sarah voted for Kalon and Lindzi
Kalon and Lindzi voted for Nick and Rachel
Tony and Blakeley’s vote was never shown as they had turned the picture backwards.

Well, considering there was no way Tony was going to go against what Blakeley wanted to do (vote out Kalon and Lindzi), it’s obvious they voted them too, so the vote was 4-1. They tried to make you think that the vote was 2-1 against Lindzi and Kalon with Jaclyn and Blakeley deciding whether or not to go against their pinkie swear, which they didn’t. Oh tricky, tricky.

So Kalon and Lindzi leave in separate limos, until Kalon stops his limo, gets out, enters Lindzi’s limo and they start making out. Everyone thinks it’s the cutest thing in the world, Kalon and Lindzi are gushing in the limo about how happy they are, they are in love, they can’t wait to spend more time together, essentially playing this thing up like it’s another Ames/Jackie thing. Well, it is kinda. Everyone thought Ames/Jackie were going to get married, then a month later Ames ended it for no apparent reason and everything we saw on the episode became a moot point. We can now include Kalon and Lindzi in that as well since they’re broken up. So everything you saw on TV last night and how cute they were? Forget it. They’re done. Oh well. I’d say I’m shocked but then that would make me the stupidest person on the planet. C’mon, you didn’t really think Kalon and Lindzi were going to last were you? As I’ve said a gazillion times, don’t be fooled by what you see on TV. That’s not real life (Or Instagram and Twitter for that matter).

Send all regular and “Dr. Reality Steve” emails to: steve@realitysteve.com. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Or join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page. Talk to you Thursday.

1. mel1

August 28, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Funny recap, although I do have to say its pretty ironic that you misspelled “serendipity” after mocking the contestants’ grammar and talking about how easy that word was. (“but they were certainly much harder than ‘serenedipity'”).

2. khaki

August 28, 2012 at 12:18 PM

@mel1 He spelled it right multiple times before, so it’s probably just a typo, but ironic indeed.

I only read the recaps because the show is too terrible. I wish he would have recapped what their incorrect spellings were. Some of those words seem impossible to get wrong. That said, it is a lot easier to write a word than spell it off the top of your head under pressure.

3. twb109

August 28, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Anyone know why K/L broke up or who broke up with whom?

4. nsawyer

August 28, 2012 at 12:25 PM

@twb109, um, because he’s Kalon?? Welcome to Dumpsville again, Lindzi! 😉

5. maxi

August 28, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Pretty sure Steve is wrong about the Kalon/Lindzi breakup. His twitter is @kalonMcM and they are clearly together. He posted a pic of her just a few hours ago…

6. maxi

August 28, 2012 at 12:41 PM

As for the column, Steve, I think going on and on about how you know everything about every Bach related situation, but won’t share because you protect your sources, is bs. When has that ever been an issue?? I think it is perfectly fine to admit when you just DON’T KNOW about something or are wrong (Emily and Jef, the next Bach, etc. Steve even tweeted last week that emily’s secret guy was coming out with an us weekly interview), but it looks so foolish to rant about how you’re just not sharing. This is a spoiler site! I appreciated hearing the bachelor pad finale spoilers and am not doubting you get some great info, just stating no need to exaggerate or lie to look good.

7. punka

August 28, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Actually Steve, I’d say that the best thing you could add to your site is a blindgossip page form former contestants. Write them in traditional format, then let us try to guess the who based upon the crumbs you drop us. You may never have to revealt he blind, or can wait to do it until the evidence gets revealed in interviews or on the show. And of course, spill on the hook-ups at all the Bach renunions. Do it in blind style, and no sources get outed.

Just a thought and it would be fun.

Somehting you really ought to consider.

8. FanofSteve

August 28, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Thanks so much for the hilarious re-cap, Steve.
    I missed the show as I was too busy nursing a massive migraine to subject myself to the torture of having to view the episode. Besides, your re-caps are 100 times more entertaining than the show itself.
    I think it’s freaking awesome that a BP contestant finally has the smarts to choose “KEEP” and walk away with the full $250K. Fleiss must’ve been flummoxed!
    I wasn’t going to bother watching the finale because the show has been so lame, but now that I know what’s going to happen (attention BP Franchise: Reality Steve is your friend!), ain’t no way in the world I’m gonna miss it.
    The bonus is that the winner is the sole contestant who didn’t behave like a horny and/or emotionally wrecked douchebag.
    By the way, Steve … sure hope you’re getting some kind of compensation from Stacy Carey of examiner.com who, under the guise of “judging” your spoilers, uses YOU as her source to spell them all out!

9. khaki

August 28, 2012 at 2:04 PM

@maxi, if he outs sources that he has used before, he won’t be able to use them again. That said, I wish he’d quit alluding to it. It’s like dangling a carrot.

@punka, that is a great idea.

10. maxi

August 28, 2012 at 2:12 PM

@khaki very true, that is absolutely understandable. All I mean is I’m a little confused why he suddenly acts like he can’t share the info they tell him, hasn’t he always done that?

11. caitlyn

August 28, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Glad you’re not a gossip site Steve. It’s much better to be a site full of unsubstantiated innuendos and bullshit than facts. Plus your batting average stinks. Let’s see. oh yes, Ben and Courtney will never make it, and they are more in love and together than ever. And this gem, JP and Ashley, will get married. Hope you didn’t buy a gift yet cause it’s now 16 months since the proposal and still not even a wedding date?? I would not be surprised if Jef and Emily beat both of those couples to the altar. If I’m right, you can just buy me a gift, that seems fair enough or just eat another plate of crow. lmao

12. nat0ep

August 28, 2012 at 3:56 PM

You know what I heard?! No wait I can’t tell you what I heard. But I can tell you I heard what I heard. And considering what I heard… I have an opinion!… yah we all do.
    Anyhow, I completely agree with the statement that sharing opinions is one thing, at least when stated as such, gossiping is altogether something else. So cheers for not going in that direction!

13. lucky

August 28, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Great column. Thanks for bringing me back to reality (realizing that Jemily will never get married). Funny that Blakely already moved but Jef hasn’t.

Just because Jef’s parents may be wealthy, doesn’t mean he has a trust fund and/or access to one. Plenty of small business owners, celebrities (Anderson Cooper comes to mind), athletes have rich parents. Doesn’t mean the kids have it. Anderson Cooper told Oprah years ago that he needed a job because his mother was not willing to support her adult children. I know wealthy non-celebrity parents who do this.

14. ironside

August 28, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Tony and Blakely? Wow. At least he can ski the slopes of the twin sisters with her in Oregon. I like skiing the slopes too. What red blooded American male doesn’t? Good job Tony.

I think it’s also safe to assume that Nick has made his final TV appearance on a Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise show. He won’t be asked back to defend his title next season because no one would ever be able to trust him. Besides, he is so non-descript that he does nothing for ratings. If he shows up for a Bachelor/ette reunion, and any of the “pinky swear” trio are there, he will most likely be blackballed. Not that any of that matters. He’s $250K richer and there’s plenty of babes who will dig him for that. If I were him I would look up Donna Zitelli in NYC and see if I could ski her slopes too.

15. twb109

August 28, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Michael touches upon kalon and lindzi’s relationship but not a single mention of the 2 hours that we had to see rachel crying over him….

16. kasey31

August 28, 2012 at 11:49 PM

@maxi- i couldnt agree more with everything you said..

17. Dianne

August 29, 2012 at 7:23 AM

People, of course Steve is dangling a carrot. If you were at all familiar with his ways, you’d know that he does this to get you all to come back and keep checking for updates. Tsk, tsk on those of you that don’t know him any better.

18. Dianne

August 29, 2012 at 11:13 AM

@liz123..priceless!! Thanks for sharing 🙂

19. dtm1

August 29, 2012 at 1:56 PM

@mel1, I thought that RealitySteve misspelled it, too, at first. But then I noticed it was in quotes. I think he purposely misspelled it the same way the couple did.

20. iheartvino

August 29, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Where in the column is “Serendipity” spelled wrong? I went back and skimmed it and the three times I saw that word, it was spelled properly. Maybe RS went back and corrected it.

21. chakakohen

August 29, 2012 at 4:37 PM

So Rachel called you and bitched about Michael, huh?

“After what happened to me recently with Erica, it’d be very hypocritical for me to call Erica out for being a sh**ty friend, and then do the exact same thing myself by betraying the trust of people who tell me stuff and run to my blog to spill information. Just not gonna do it.
    Read more at http://realitysteve.com/2012/08/28/the-bachelor-pad-spoilers-jef-emily-kalon-lindz/5/#hPcPqPT3vxqXPaVZ.99

22. kasey31

August 29, 2012 at 7:06 PM

@chakakohen- did u just link the page we’re obviously already on? ; )

23. kjam

August 31, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Reality Steve is right about Jemily. I don’t know who Steve’s contacts are, but I know this couple. They are on the skids, totally. On their recent trip to Ghana with People Water, they were miserable. Emily was extremely high-maintenance (big surprise) and Jef couldn’t keep her happy. Jef…I’m a fan of. (He’s WAY over his head and totally bought into the Emily delusion. All that sparkles is not gold.) Emily…not so much. He’s trapped in this reality game and he’s giving it a go, for “honorable” reasons. I wish he’d cut his losses and move on, despite the cost. The faking it is hurting his integrity. I don’t know how long they can hobble around and keep up appearances. But Emily is quite okay with throwing in Ricki (or anything else) to benefit herself. Personally, I can’t see this woman without throwing up a little. FWI, Em, you could smile, wave, say “hi”, hold Jef’s hand, when you’re on stage with him promoting People Water. Might make it look a bit more real…but glad you finally decided that you could make it, lol. All your deluded fans were so…deluded?

24. stumpy

September 1, 2012 at 7:20 AM

Yes Jacqueline, Ed is a player. Everyone knew that since Jillians season. Yes, I watch this stupid show. It’s the only funny thing on Monday night. I must say, the best season, if there has to be one, of this show, was Natalie Getz and David Goode. They knew they were about hook ups, and money, and friendship and not much more. They played the game, had fun doing it and no one walked away with hurt feelings. No whores, no delusions of life loves, just chance and game play. That is what this show is about. I love what Nick did. That was smart thinking on his part. Glad he wins. Go Nick. Good Game.

25. aimeestinson

September 1, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Kalon and Lindzi are together.
    Steve in not always right, lol He is just a person.

26. banana12

September 2, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Hey Steve,

I love your Dog, she is so cute! Anyway how can you say that Emily and Jef are not getting married? He is moving across the Country to live close to her now and she is planning a wedding- What’s up, you don’t think that this will happen? Just Curious about your comments earlier when you said ” They would never get married” I am not so sure about that one.

Anna

27. banana12

September 2, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Will you eat “Crow” if they get married?

Anna

28. mamalissa

September 3, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Could not care less about “Jemily.” He’s a nice guy and he looks 12. Duh – she totally picked him for his trust fund. I’m FAR more upset about Tony and Blakely. The minute they got together, I was afraid he was going to bring her to Portland. Damn it, Tony.

29. haileytucki

September 4, 2012 at 12:55 AM

I can say is that if you are in a committed relationship then theres just

30. haileytucki

September 4, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Jeff…emily…kalon..lyndsay…michael…and on, and on…have to admit though that reading the posts are comical. while everyone is absolutely entitled to their own opinion, i cannot help but to be shocked at the amount of people that actually care who is texting, sexting, tweeting, cheating, broken up, or heartbroken. It is interesting to read other perspectives, though, and the cell phone privacy debate caught my eye. Im no expert, but if you are honest with yourself and you are with the right person then theres no looking over your shoulder. I guess there are just some people who like the drama and the e hidden secrets are exactly why these sites exist. Personally speaking, ye ars ago, I was one myself. I can honestly say though, theres nothing I would not say or do that I would do if my husband was standing behind me at all times

31. haileytucki

September 4, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Jeff…emily…kalon..lyndsay…michael…and on, and on…have to admit though that reading the posts are comical. while everyone is absolutely entitled to their own opinion, i cannot help but to be shocked at the amount of people that actually care who is texting, sexting, tweeting, cheating, broken up, or heartbroken. It is interesting to read other perspectives, though, and the conflict over the cell phone privacy caught my eye. The bottom line is…if u r in a commited should not matter when ur partner grab ur phone

32. haileytucki

September 4, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Jeff…emily…kalon..lyndsay…michael…and on, and on…have to admit though that reading the posts are comical. while everyone is absolutely entitled to their own opinion, i cannot help but to be shocked at the amount of people that actually care who is texting, sexting, tweeting, cheating, broken up, or heartbroken. It is interesting to read other perspectives, though, and the conflict over the cell phone privacy caught my eye. The bottom is if ur in a committed relationship, it should not matter when they grab ur phone, what they look at, what texts they read, etc. if they r snooping, obviosly theres a problem to begin with. If u have to hide ur cell from the person u r with, whats the point of being with that person? But then again..if everyone lived by those standards, then places like this would cease to exist.

33. johannablue

September 5, 2012 at 3:02 PM

@haileytucki on – hmmmm????
    “Jeff…emily…kalon..lyndsay…michael…and on, and on…have to admit though that reading the posts are comical. while everyone is absolutely entitled to their own opinion, i cannot help but to be shocked at the amount of people that actually care who is texting, sexting, tweeting, cheating, broken up, or heartbroken. It is interesting to read other perspectives, though, and the conflict over the cell phone privacy caught my eye. The bottom line is…”

Just a tad repetitive….